Newcastle Linked With Barcelona Forward – It’s Not Messi

Newcastle have been linked with 22 year-old Bojan Krkic for almost two years now, and there are reports that Newcastle may be interested in the Barcelona winger thuis summer.

bojan krkic barcelona-barcablog-barca-blog

Bojan Krkic – back at Barcelona after season at AC Milan

Bojan has just completed a season long loan at AC Milan and has now returned to Barcelona.

The Spanish winger/forward has had an unusual career, and he joined Barcelona at age 17,  five years ago, but in 2011 Roma bought Bojan for a fee of €12M (£10.3M), which included a buyback clause,  allowing Barcelona to resign Bojan in 2012 or 2013.

And Krkic went on loan last season to AC Milan, who had an option to buy him, but they didn’t take up that option, and the lad is now back at Barcelona.

Krkic is  Serbian descent and was born in Linyola in Catalonia, and he has played for the Spanish U17 and U21 sides.

He has played once for the full Spanish side, and 6 times for the Catalonian regional team,  and last season he scored 3 goals in 27 appearances for AC Milan, and in his career he’s played 163 times for the Barcelona first team with 41 goals.

In his career at only 22 years old, he’s already played 227 times with 51 goals for Barcelona, Roma and AC Milan.

Liverpool are also said to be interested but if he was worth £10.3M maybe it would be possible for Newcastle to get the lad on loan next season, with an option to buy him, if he does well on Tyneside.

But Mike Ashley has been burned with previous loan deals – Ignacio González in the 2008-2009 season played twice and was inured the rest of the time, and Stephen Ireland was on loan for the second half of 2010 -2011 season – played twice and was injured the rest of the time.

It would be good to have Krkic on loan for a season – we could probably afford that?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• No Plain Saylor

May 29, 2013 at 7:49 PM

In fairness he’s a little bit better than Ireland and González.
    I think if he came on loan and did well next year, Spuds, United or Arsenal would probably sign him, and we’d miss out.
    In my opinion £7 million should do it, with £3m add ons based on performance, goals, international apperances.
    If he does well and adapts to the pl, you don’t mind paying the three million, if he doesn’t he’ll always be worth 7m to some foreign club. Its win win.. can we attract him though?

• SeanNufc87

May 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM

i cant see him coping with the pace and physicality of the premier league in the first season so a loan wouldnt make sense imo

• Jail for Ashley

May 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM

So basically we are being linked with anybody whose agent has been caught saying something about nothing by a journalist.

• gfp13

May 29, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Not seen Bojan (iPhone changes it to bojangles) play since he played for Barcelona but I did really like him as a 17 year old or whtever age he was. Would like to see what he’s like at us, can play either wing or up top, a loan to buy, similar to the Milan deal would be nice, maybe a smaller buy price as I assume was too high for milan

• Colombus

May 29, 2013 at 7:54 PM

No Plain Saylor – I’m a bit cocerned by his physique. Do you think he could adapt to the english game?

• Agent Stardust

May 29, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Get Big Andy Home Now.

Maybe you will enjoy reading this article. Unfortunately Ed can’t link to it.

• jazzyp

May 29, 2013 at 7:57 PM

evening guys,i see liverpool have agreed a fee with celta vigo for there forward lago aspasfor around 10 mill euros.another knife in ac’s back me thinks.
    donkey-what a team mate and quite possible.
    been reading all the replies to the hba debate.imo ben arfas one hell of talent but as we know injury prone-if we got say £20-25 mill and if it was invested back in to the squad,and provided these players would come to sjp for the same price-would you sooner have pea and siem de jong in place of ben arfa??????
    alot of ifs i know but just putting it out there

• 9

May 29, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Take a look at his career: he’s no dead cert, by any means, but on a loan – what’s to lose? He’s got something, and just possibly could replace Gaby!

• Whoarya.com

May 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Why

• toonarmydownsouth

May 29, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Sooooooooo basically the new England kit is an old left over of the USA kit?

• No Plain Saylor

May 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Colombus,
    I think you’ve got to look at a players determination and willingness to succeed.

Look at Coutinho, similar height and build. He’s been a revelation at Liverpool. He said day one to the media ‘I know I’m not strong enough for the premier league, I will go to the gym’..

Also it would depend on what role is expected of him here,
    Do we want him up top, back to goal with the ball being hoofed at him, and even if he does bring it down he’s only got an offside Cisse within 40 yards..
    Or do we want him to find the gaps, the little pockets of space between the midfield and the defence, and look to get the ball to his feet and attack the goal.. If it’s the latter I’d have him in a heartbeat, carry his bags too.

If its the first option, just get Cameron Jerome, and Carlton Cole..

• Spoof

May 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Repost
    on many occasions I have spoken about Colo, its a difficult subject due to his popularity, and usually I end up getting abuse and demands for clips which I can’t get my hands on, but I will give you my view, but I hope you will give me the courtesy of not pushing it too much as I will be assured of an avalanche of abuse
    He imo, is too weak too be classed as being a good CB, we all saw how easily he got pushed off the ball when Liverpool equalised at Anfield earlier this season, he was made to look like a mug by Suarez, no enbarrassment there, he’s not the first and won’t be the last, but solely for the goal, he looked like a lost lamb, forget the rest of the game, that could happen to the best defenders, but the goal, sorry, he was woeful.
    Fulham this season, I expect you have looked at the clip, we were way better than them, it was his two mistakes, and his only which turned victory into defeat, last game played, Arsenal, they were not that good, but a lack of concentration by Colo allowed there lad to get free and score, he was again shocking, low concentration levels.
    Even Alan Pardew himself has stated that Colo has not performed as he should have, its not just this season, last season he was embarressed for pace by the sluggish Clint Dempsey when Fulham exploited Colo’s lack of pace to an embarrassing level, which Dempsey exploited again this season when turning Colo with ease to bring a free kick which Bale scored with, and on the same match I will never forget Saylor screaming at Colo to cut Bale off with a challenge, which would have been legal due to Colo being adjacent and slightly in front of Bale, but Colo due to a lack of concentration again stood back and watched.
    Turned easily by Dempsey, out muscled by Suarez, but the worst has got to be early last season when he was out muscled and pushed aside by Agbonlahor for Villa to take the lead, and further back, our first season back was met with resentment due to Pardew’s subs allowing WBA to gain an unexpected draw when they were 3 behind, Colo has this terrible habit of turning his back when he should be brave and have to take a hit, he was sold a dumby due to this failing which allowed WBA back into the game.
    Yes these are certain instances, and all defenders make mistakes, but all I have done is to highlight what I see every time I see him play.
    Now if getting into the team of the year is proof of your ability, then why are so many Newcastle fans wanting Alan Pardew sacked, when he was the man who would have been managing that team of the year, as he was the manager of the year.
    As I said, I get way too much hassle on this subject, buy some who cannot even see the instances which I have given, so I would appreciate it if you could make a response, naturally you will do that, but could we then leave it as it is, cheers

• No Plain Saylor

May 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Anyway Im off to watch Trapatoni’s terrible football. The guy is a dinosaur tactically. Newcastle are meant to be my break from this dreadful Irish football. But its much of a muchness now…. *sigh* 😉
    Good luck lads (not in the game, you won’t need it.)

• santonthenewmaldini

May 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Bojan would probably be awesome for Liverpool cause they keep the ball on the deck

We already have 2 “little” players of decent quality in Anita and Campbell and they will probably not get much game time cause of the way Pardew sets his teams up

Just sign Carroll and be done with it sick of this fannying about not my 1st choice by a long shot but its Pardews so might as well back him

• welshgeordie9

May 29, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Who do think is the best team out of Newcastle and Swansea

• Spoof

May 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Whilst I was creating that post you posted this

Spoof@210 (continued)
    Thanks very much for sending the clip which I watched twice to rermember Fulham’s first goal, as I had forgotten it. As you say, Colo made a great sliding tackle – took some pace, too, to make it. You them have me completely lost – you claim he “dilly-dallied and should have shepherded it out” What??!! He was on the deck (as you would be, after a sliding tackle) and his clearance unfortunately (you don’t get time to measure these things when you’ve made a saving tackle in your own penalty area at full stretch and are on the deck) went straight to the Fulham guy who promptly sent it in to set up the goal. There is no way that goal was Colo’s fault – no way!! Come on, Spoof, get your eyes chalked and talk some sense to me, please! I’m seriously asking for an honest debate, here, between fellow Mags.

it was not the best angle to view it, but Colo had the ball under control and tried to smother it away, but as I said on by above post, people will not see that, which is why I do not like debating him, its a pointless exercise.
    How can you expect me to be serious when you suggest that I get my eyes chalked, basically you have just proved me to be correct, even if you disagree with my Colo opinion, the usual reaction which I mentioned has been proved beyond any doubt what-so-ever

• JP...from The Rock

May 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM

He would be a good signing but I feel we could do better. Gameiro springs to mind.

• toonarmydownsouth

May 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Great goal from Shane long

• tatehowe

May 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM

he wont come here
    better teams will be in for simple next rumour please ed

I agree with the guy who said we are gunna be linked to every player this summer

joe hart just got done haha

• Toon-Prodigy

May 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM

This was the season: Bring back these days..

1993-94: Andy Cole & Peter Beardsley, Newcastle United, 55 goals. (42-game season). Promoted to the Premier League the season before, Newcastle stormed the top flight, finishing third as Cole and Beardsley plundered the goals under an attack-minded Kevin Keegan.

A 21-year-old Cole had arrived at St James’ Park as a club record £1.75m signing in February 1993, with Beardsley, at the opposite end of his career, following in a £1.5m move from Everton in July at the age of 32.
    The movement and finishing instincts of Cole allied with Beardsley’s intelligence in a slightly deeper role provided a devastating double act.
    Cole, who made one league appearance for Arsenal as a youngster, found the net in his third top-flight appearance for the club – a 1-1 draw at Manchester United – and went on to score 34 league goals.

• 09nufc09

May 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Tds… Tiote in his first two seasons with us was a class above nolan who for all he scored goals and was a good captain went missing in alot of games and often refused track back and had to be bailed out by tiote.

Spoof… Colo is the best defender i have seen at newcastle in my 20plus years supporting newcastle, his reading of the game is class and he is such a good ball playing defender. The game against sunderland away this year is one of if not the best defensive display i have ever seen.

• Bambams

May 29, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Great finish…… Can see why Pards wants six feet four defenders now. Maybe it has something to do with great service. …..

• SeanNufc87

May 29, 2013 at 8:14 PM

spoof
    hes not the biggest cb admittedly but the proof is in our results with and without him, i cant say iv seen enough to say hes anything but our best cb atm. i can see your points though.

• scout

May 29, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Evening lads and lasses
    Wingers are needed ASAP, give the lad a go why not, id love to know where these rumours come from and why we haven’t we got any over the line yet
    Great goal long, remember the game Newcastle lost against west brom 3-2, that lad can’t half run a line, like a young Owen

• Big Pappa Cissé

May 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Shane Long anyone 🙂 .

Oh and a big fat yes to Bojan

• Spoof

May 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Sean
    he was part of the relegation team, thats not what I would class as good results

• Agent Stardust

May 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM

you have to read that if you are a newcastle fan. seriously.

• scout

May 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Woodgate was streets ahead of colocinni, seen him keep drogba quiet, Henry in his pocket, colo gets absolutely stuffed by world class strikers. Talk about flat footed, and he gets turned easy.

• toonarmydownsouth

May 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM

09nufc09
    Bold statement!!! For me it’s a toss up between colo and woodgate

• Spoof

May 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Anyway, I’ve had enough of the Colo debate to last me a life time, so I will bid you all a good night and watch this meaningless match on the telly, so in 30 minutes time I will probably be taking the dog for a walk with my rain coat and a torch, it is starting to get dark
    Sweet dreams, but please forget about Colo, as your dreams may turn into nightmares. lol

• toonarmydownsouth

May 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM

09nufc09
    Oh did I say Nolan?? My bad I meant Alan smith 😉

• toonarmydownsouth

May 29, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Frankie frankie frankie
    What a player

• scout

May 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Spoof
    Where are you the Lake District ???

• Spoof

May 29, 2013 at 8:30 PM

scout
    strange statement, why do you ask that, sounds familiar to me, but from who, I wonder

• santonthenewmaldini

May 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM

@Agent Stardust

Very good article on Carroll only problem is he is injured again for most of the summer so would likely miss pre season so he will take ages for him to regain full fitness !

• 09nufc09

May 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Tds… Colo wins it for me because he rarely misses a game and is as good as a midfielder with the ball at his feet. Ahhh alan smith! King of the 5 minute yellow card, i remember sitting in the strawberry corner with alan smith about to come on in the 90th minute and overhearing someone say “still plenty time to get booked” within about a minute he was in the book for a late tackle that he could have easily been sent off for. One of the worst 80k players you will ever see!

• scout

May 29, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Just don’t need a touch to walk a dog in Gatesheed that’s all mate

• scout

May 29, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Sorry torch

• niafron

May 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Bonsoir messieurs.

Just read the topic about beny. Was absolutely awfull. Most of the posters said they would gladly accept a 20 millions bid for Beny….

I hope it doesn’t reflect the opinion of the majority, but if it’s the case, this is really sad.

• Sazzer

May 29, 2013 at 8:40 PM

toonking
    “pardew might be made out to be a rubbish manager but not even a good manager can get players who are brought in from abroad to adapt to our physical league and he can’t prevent players leaving for bigger money.”

Other managers seem to do just fine with their foreign players in our league. These days with mostly foreign players in every squad, it’s the skill rather than physciality that differ our league from other leagues.

Not sure what player leaving for bigger money has to do with anything here. As manager/director/owner you have to deal with it and not use it as an excuse for not doing your job. We didn’t play this season even when we had Ba.

“this year we played a awful formation 4-2-3-1 that is a European formation but the English premier league is best suited to 4-4-2 and that is not hoof ball hoofball is when you can’t create enough from the midfield.
    also 4-4-2 doesn’t need to remain 4-4-2 we could go 4-1-3-2 which is more like an attacking type of 4-2-3-1.”

“top premier league team play 442 they might make minor ajustments such as one of the front men playing just behind but the most important thing they do is have width that get further forward to keep the front men onside and allow them more space in the cents”

We have the same basic formation as United, Chelsea, Bayern, Dortmund, Liverpool, Arsenal, Swansea. City unless they play 3-5-2, Real Madrid. Except we don’t have a LW and a player that slot in well behind Cisse. (And Cisse has his flaws)

“sazzer I did and what can a manager do about it when you only creative midfielder always goes down the middle where their is 4 players to crowd him and and where can he pass it to when cisse is always standing about and offside.”

Well, instruct him to do otherwise or he could play with someone else. If he don’t have someone else, he could convince owner to buy new one. If the owner isn’t willing do that, well he could always hope to get job at another club.

“as for the 56 rule can I ask you are you a Chelsea or city fan because 56 rule will be most trouble for sugar daddies who spend mega money on foreign players it will make it harder to win the premier league but we will never win that anyway what it will stop us doing is spending so much on players who we hope can cope with our league and use that money on the academy where the players are produced and give extra wages.”

Such a rule wouldn’t work. It would make Premier League into Championship level. All the best british players would go abroad. When money stops coming in. Even if we assume that for some reason it wouldn’t happen then the mega rich clubs would buy the best british players and nothing would change except the overall level of skill would go down.

And investing more money in the academy wouldn’t automatically produce more or better players. If it were that simple then team with most money would win everytime or most of the time anyway.