Newcastle Target Already Talking To Other Clubs

We always thought it would be difficult to sign what seems to be our number one striker target this summer – St. Etienne’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – who scored 21 goals in 44 appearances for his club last season.

FOOTBALL/FRIENDLY GAMES/LILLE v LOKOMOTIVE MEZDRA

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – talking to other clubs

And since he moved from Milan in 2011, he’s scored 41 goals in 96 appearances for his club, and certainly seems to be a good striker.

However, it appears the Gabon International has a number of clubs after him this summer, and he has already spoken to some of them. 🙁

This is what he had to say:

“I have met with Rudi Voller, Bayer Leverkusen’s Sporting Director twice, but whether or not St. Etienne accept their offer is a different matter.”

“Borussia Dortmund have been following me for more than a year now,  and I have also met with Michael Laudrup,  and Swansea have a good project but I need Champions League to progress.”

Dortmund can offer him Champions League football,  and they will also need to replace the departing Polish International striker Robert Lewandowski, who will be signing for Bayern Munich.

So it’s hard to see how Newcastle would be an attractive proposition for the 23 year-old – since bigger clubs than Newcastle are after him – and it looked like we have not made any approach yet.

In fact,  with Newcastle saying Andy Carroll is too expensive at £15M, it’s hard to know which strikers Newcastle will now be after this summer, although we have been linked with Wilfried Bony of Vitesse in the Dutch league.

The Ivory Coast international scored 37 goals in 36 appearances for his club last season, and since he joined Vitesse from Sparta Prague in January of 2011,  he ‘s scored 48 goals in 77 appearances for his Dutch club.

But Newcastle must be looking at other strikers this summer – who do you think they could be?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• ginola_tonic

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:09 PM

First 🙂

• SuperShearer

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:10 PM

If we are interested in this guy then we’ve moved too late this window. He’s talking to a host of clubs and yet no mention of us. The only hope is, as per previous windows, Newcastle are doing their transfers behind closed doors. Fine by me as long as we get the players we need ‘over the line’ sooner rather than later.

• welshgeordie9

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:12 PM

We will probable miss out on our main targets and settle for second best

• welshgeordie9

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:13 PM

3rd Ha Ha

• hdavid23

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM

he wants CL football, so move on

• Indian Magpie

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM

We don’t even want Europe

• Tommyy

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:23 PM

We don’t even want Europe so couldn’t be a worse fit. Our ship sailed last summer.

• GeordieDan

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM

What a surprise, Newcastle being fashionably late to the party for a change?

Lets be honest though if Bayer Leverkusen want him the he wasn’t ever going to come here was he?

We would have to throw money at him and I still think we couldn’t compete.

Aubamayang was my personal no.1 target this summer so I’m gutted but lets get on to the next target NOW!

• lesh

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Always ahead of the game is our Mr Llambias, always!

• Toon-Prodigy

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Toonking,

Hello mate,

Im not sure about the Jonas argument, and his love for him and this and that. Im not sure who else could play there? Marveux is hideous on the left flank. He is not a winger, he is suited in the hole. Ferguson is not a premier league winger at the minute, he was found out of his depth on numerous occasions last season.

The Tiote discussion I can agree with, he has had a terrible season, but personally I think it was consistency which was his problem last season. In and out of numerous midfields all season and missing half of the season did not help his case. Without a doubt though, he is are best defensive mid at the club so I can understand to a degree why he continued to play him so he found some form. Anita for me is neither an attacking mid or Defensive mid. He is a tidy CM who can do a job. With Pardew wanting a playmaker and a defensive mid in the midfield I can understand why he wanted our best players in when they were available. Cabaye and Tiote.

Cisse out on the right, again, who could we put there? Obertan? Sammy Ameobi? Not the greatest of options due to a squad lacking in quality and depth. Who would be the most probable to get a goal from there out of the three? Ben Arfa was out during this spell.

As for the silly comments he comes out with, every manager does it don’t they? Personally, I prefer the talking done on the park. I don’t really care or look for faults. I havn’t got time to be honest.

He has his flaws just as much as any manager that is in the same position as us, mid table. Infact it could be alot worse given Ashleys record of appointments?

WWYCD,

Aye those are the % from the Chronicle. Madness isn’t it? Haha.

Lets see if we can get some proper planning did this summer, for everyone involved. I could not take another season like last. It had me ill, infact I couldn’t wait until it was finished to be honest. And that is not like me at all.

As for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, this is looking very grim indeed now. Im all for a pacy quality striker brought in though.

• dubzy

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Ryan Rhodes anyone?

• Belfast

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:40 PM

It was never going to happen.
    As Tommy said that ship sailed last summer.

• IITianToon

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Until Ashley himself takes charge; nothing’s gonna happen. Llambias sucks !

• Sheikh MagToon

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Dubzy, think Ryan Rhodes would struggle to get in the team. Mainly because he’s a boxer!

Think you mean Jordan Rhodes!

• GeordieDan

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM

dubzy>

I’d prefer Manny Pacquiao if we’re going to be signing up boxers mate. 😀

Heard that Jordan Rhodes would cost upwards of £10million though and Fatman “aint” paying that.

• croftus5678

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM

pea’s agent has confirmed who’s enquired about him and who’s spoke to him ect and we are not one of them unfortunatly (not that we have a chance anyways imo)

give it up and dont waste time on it go for bony instead and get those wingers in !

• Indian Magpie

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Ashley won’t pay 10 mill for messi

• Katie

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:05 PM

would have been great to get aubameyang, shame we didn’t get him earlier as that was so close. we will never get anyone as good as him, they all want champions league, not relegation battles, fair enough

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:05 PM

He wants CL football so I am hoping Carr and Pardew are looking else where. I don’t us to be in a position once again where our shorlist is well very short and we end up signing no one!

• WWYCD

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Toon-Prodigy
    Those number surprise me not going to lie though I have utmost respect for the propaganda machine Ashley employs they more than do their job

On the striker issue Gameiro and Suarez (Matias not the biter) would be my picks and Lens as striker come winger plenty of options up top…bring in a few sound wingers Lestienne and Ince. Huges on top though I’d rather Ince if its between them then replace leavers if they are away

• Cpt. Dreamboat

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Has everyone forgotten about that Nigerian striker Brown Ideye who said he wanted to play for us (I know). 9 million and 2nd highest scorer in the ukranian premier league.

This would give another player in the Ba who might complement cisse’s playing style. Or perhaps we should be looking at a pacier more technical striker.

• Indian Magpie

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Hoofers wanted

• magpie6699

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Is there a prize for the most monotonous repetitive posts? I wonder who’d win?

• Katie

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:13 PM

cpt. dreamboat
    good idea

• croftus5678

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM

@22 lol

• ToonMatt

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:16 PM

There is no way we are interested in players like him, Ashley will not spend money, He had to buy Cisse because he sold Carroll for £35m and he got to pocket the rest, I think it will be Carlton Cole on a free.

• 89Norcal

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Bony please!

@magpie6699
    Indian would have that one wrapped up.

• Indian Magpie

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:18 PM

it hurts!

the plight of the club

What do i win anyways?

• 89Norcal

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM

you win a dinner date with Mr. Pardieu himself.

• 89Norcal

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:20 PM

ToonMatt

He wants to go to Norwich. bullet dodged there.

• Toon-Prodigy

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:21 PM

WWYCD,

I’v got alot of respect for Ashley mate, I think his model is pretty stable, financially brilliant. It’s DL and LC under him I have concerns with. After all, Ashley hires these people to do the footballing side of things, and it’s been a bit of a mess this past season.

Ashley has to take alot of stick also though, because he hires these people just like he hires Pardew. He is witnessing these making mistakes season after season also. Maybe it’s not just Pardew who is on there last chance? I’d hope so.

I don’t watch alot of foreign football.

Is Gameiro quick? What is his style of play? I know we have been linked with him in the past, but I have no idea to be honest.

Matias Suarez, I don’t even think I’v heard of? Again, what is his style of play?

Would these strikers compliment Cisse?

• WWYCD

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I didn’t win the prize?! This is bu}$>*t!

• WWYCD

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Toon-Prodigy
    Hmm I can’t stand DL either but I do think Ashley allows him to mess up our lives without batting an eyelash which for me shows how much he cares for our club

On the Strikers Gameiro isn’t pacu but he’s rapid over short distances and when given a run shows his intelligence and keen eye for a shot imo used to pull defenders to bits given half a chance but has been very limited at PSG with Zlatan in front of him and a number of others to play alongside him. He’s wasting being there I’d say

Suarez plays in the Belgian Pro League he’s more a creator with a bag full of tricks/skill good with the ball at his feet at speed as well from what I’ve seen of him. I’d say he’d create space and chances a plenty for Cisse given the chance but Gameiro imo would rotate in Cisses place

All my own opinion like so don’t take it as gospel

• Kazzy

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I knw this is me dreaming but hw about if gonzalo higuain signs fr newcastle lol he sed he is going to leave madrid but we did sign owen why not sign higuain worth a punt just make an offer

• nufc786

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Cpt. Dreamboat

This ideye guy looks decent 9 million he has 29 goals in 55 apps

• Toon1978

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Still waiting for Ashley to look up the words “AMBITION” in the dictionary. Technically the window is still not open but other clubs are already making moves. Pardew jollies off to Monaco for a break………the gitt doesn’t deserve a bloody holiday. In fact, he would be on a permanent holiday if i where in charge because he wouldn’t have a job. Let’s get the players we need in asap and work with them for the rest of the pre season……to easy that principle for this club. The scum down the road have already tied up a few deals. Our lot sit back smoking cigars counting all the coin the club have made from the mega deal. Other clubs in the EPL would love to have the support NUFC get but somehow other clubs seem to show more ambition.

• 89Norcal

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Kazzy

He’s been really inconsistent but for a reasonable price I would probably take him. And then cross my fingers that Cabaye can supply him.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Why does ppl keep calling me Capt’n Dreamboat? It is just Capt’n 😉 lol

• Toon-Prodigy

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM

WWYCD,

They look decent.

I really think a striker with pace is needed. Would love it if it came off and we managed to get that sort of type of striker through the door.

It’s going to be a long summer, sigh.

• Patoon

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Get in 4 Ricky Lambert and Shane Long, proven premiership players imo, Lambert is 31 but a very very good target man who is also good with ball at feet and don’t think he’d b that costly either, Long is very quick and dangerous 2