Is Andy Carroll Still Trying To Get Out Of Hammers Move?

West Ham have agreed to pay Liverpool a massive £15M for Geordie striker Andy Carroll, but we suppose it’s not as massive as the £35M Newcastle received for their striker 29 months ago from the Merseyside club.

ndy carroll west ham

Andy Carroll – resisting a move to West Ham

West Ham are not a rich club, but it seems to us they may have entered the business of trophy signings, which is something Newcastle used to engage in frequently, when Freddy Shepherd ran the club.

What that basically means is you sign an expensive and well-known player for a fee you simply cannot afford,  and then pay him wages you cannot afford – and that’s one of the things that put Newcastle over £100M in debt by the time Mike Ashley took the club over.

It’s also something  that has caused other clubs to go bankrupt over the last several years

And with the UEFA Financial Fair Play Rules starting to take effect, European clubs are being asked to balance their books, so they spend only those revenues they bring in as a football club.

It’s an interesting concept for football clubs – to be sure.

Depending on what news reports you believe, Andy tripled his wages when he left Newcastle, and he’s getting anywhere between £75K/week and £90K/week at Liverpool – and would you believe it – the Mirror is reporting today  that Andy wants a pay increase, to move to the east London club.

Anybody saying that West Ham can afford to pay him those wages must be smoking something very interesting, 😀

But it may be that Andy trying to put another spanner in the works with his proposed move to West Ham, and he’s already told friends he only wants to play for Liverpool or Newcastle – who will not pay the £15M asking fee to bring it home.

Maybe this story still has some time to run before we know if he will indeed end up at the Hammers.

He couldn’t  end up at Newcastle could he?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Ed, honestly we don’t care 🙂

…should try something else for size than Carroll? It is Constitution Day here in Denmark you know lol

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Ohh…and it is Father’s Day here in DK as well 🙂

• Markaccus

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Fathers day is a week and a half away here. But it is my birthday this coming sunday.

I would like some new news as a birthday present 😀

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Markaccus…I will try to remember that on Sunday (cannot promise you anything about the news though 😉 maybe another Carroll story) lol

• mindshaft

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I’d be surprised if we would pay anything like 75k a week to him in wages and we certainly wouldn’t pay 15 million.
    Imagine he’ll end up training with the youth team at Liverpool when he refuses to sign for WestHam – doesn’t look like any other clubs are interested which probably tells you more about Carroll and the type of football required to get the best out of him – perfect for Allardyce obviously

• Average_Contents

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Hey guys! I’m new to commenting on the blog but i’ve been reading since last year and finally decided to sign up (partly down to laziness and partly down to being busy.

I would just like to say I don’t like pardwho and never have (there its out of the way) just so you all know where I stand!

Anyway I feel the need to say that torq is a comlete and utter………… tease! come on mate tell us we won’t take it as gospel but we need some cheering up after that poor excuse of a season!

• TorqToon

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Hazzy – I think maybe you could be on the right lines with a player based in Holland. Not all of our work in based in France – but I suspect you know that already. Spain is hotting up too!!

Mark – I intend on changing my id on here to Cwarr07 in your honour. 😉

Alex – as far as I know mate, he hasn’t decided. I know Monaco offered him big big money, but couldn’t guarantee him starting berth. Playing is of massive importance to Aubameyang not money.

Geordie – Midfield mate. Wide and central.

• TorqToon

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I think it was Lilo who wrote earlier about our clubs reputation in France. Was a very good post and confirms what I’ve been saying all along. Every French fans 2nd club – overtaking arsenal.

Sorry if it was Lilo and was somebody else, hadn’t had my coffee at that point so wasn’t switched on! 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Torq…you big tease 😉 lol

• Rotonda heights

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM

The fact Monaco allegedly want Benny, Cabaye and Debuchy, Dortmund want Cisse and Locomotiv want Tiote and San Lorenzo want Colo and Chelsea got Ba after more than half a season makes finishing 16th totally inexcusable.

• HAZZY1

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Torq I heard we have people in Spain right now talking to reps and the 1 in Holland would be a amazing if it comes of ive been told 70% work already been done?

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Mindshaft,
    I think the reason nobody is willing to put a decent offer in is that people are waiting to call Lpools bluff as Brenda Rodgers foolishly made it blatantly obvious that he wasn’t wanted at all.

• Markaccus

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Torq… no dont do that. I would hate to think a joke on my part would lead to you imitating such a total c**t! 😀

• TorqToon

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Jesp – sorry mate. But some on here are desperate to rip shreds out of any kind of info etc posted on here so it’s self preservation I’m afraid.

• Markaccus

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Just found out the boss is not coming in today… i can watch the lions game on my phone while i work now 😀

• TorqToon

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Hazzy – Whilst I appreciate you prob can’t say too much, how do you hear your info? It seems extremely reliable. 🙂

Mark – I’ll just keep ‘Torq’ then! I get enough stick as it is!! Haha

• workyticket

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM

“and that’s one of the things that put Newcastle over £100M in debt by the time Mike Ashley took the club over.”

But we’re still £130 million in debt now, which is more than we were when Ashley took over the club.

“Depending on what news reports you believe, Andy tripled his wages when he left Newcastle, and he’s getting anywhere between £75K/week and £90K/week at Liverpool – and would you believe it – the Mirror is reporting today that Andy wants a pay increase, to move to the east London club.”

No, I wouldn’t believe it, and Andy Carroll is on £65,000 per week + bonuses at Liverpool.

• geordiefromthemidlands

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Oh u big tease torq.
    So could it be lens, wjandum or whatever his name is or even Siem de Jong?

Nice feeling on the blog today

• HAZZY1

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Torq I cant say but lets say he used to be on here until he got sacked for saying to much but I know a friend of his and we go for a drink and he tells me?

• MysteriousStranger

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Don’t know if people have seen this link already but apparently Cisse is not the worst player in the league for being caught offside! I was a little suprised.

• Slank

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Repost:

I have now added Debuchy to the very increasing long list of players Ed has said could leave:

Colo
    Krul
    Obertan
    Williamson
    Debuchy

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Torq…you are a big boy you can handle it 😉

• HAZZY1

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Torq I also over hear alot when im out near the club but I dont like to just post every name I hear.

• TorqToon

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Hazzy – I see. Well keep up the good work mate!

Slank – you are doing a cracking job keeping your list updated, my friend!! 🙂

• HAZZY1

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Torq will do m8 I am excited to c if the player in holland comes to nufc it will be amazing to c HBA and him together?

• Indian Magpie

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Ashley has said that NUFC can sign any one but he will not sign the cheque

• James RS

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:58 AM

The players we need to go for are James Tompkins; Loic Remy; Wilfred Bony and Victor Wanyama or similar and that should do unless Andy will take a pay cut and we’ll have him back too. That’s one good proven premiership defender; Two proven Premiership strikers an excellent midfielder and Wilfred Bony who is worth taking a chance on. Get on with it Mr Llambias get the deals done then you can forget about transfers until January

• ajcrawfs

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I am guessing the one from Holland is either Mertens or Siem de Jong

• TorqToon

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Hazzy – It will certainly shut a few people up mate! What EVER will they moan about!!!????

Oh yeah….pardews tactics and his mis use of our players! Yawwwwwwn! 🙂

• geordiefromthemidlands

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Gotta be de Jong or mertens wud also like adam maher that boys gonna be a star

• JAMSHA

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Víctor Ruiz?

Pablo Piatti?

to Sjp???

• Average_Contents

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Well that was a nice introduction to the blog! Not 1 hello! I can understand your reluctance to let the words escape your mouth torqtoon so we will leave it at that mate, no hard feelings aye 🙂 The 1’s in Holland and Spain are what positions?

• ToonDarnSarf

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM

So we really did have lots of injuries this season: http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/2012_13/injury_analysis.php

I can’t find the stats on the season before, but my memory is that key players were fit and on form for most of the season. That contributes a hell of a lot! The spine of Krul, Colo, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Ba/Cisse were on fire in the season we finished 5th!

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM

James RS,
    Is that list relying on Tiote and Collo being shipped out ?

• Grantosuk

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Of course they can afford it, they got a huge, brand new stadium for next to nothing.

• TorqToon

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Average contents – Welcome mate!!!

This blog can both cheer you up, yet depress you very next second!!

But we all wouldn’t be without it! One big happy family….kinda!

• geordiefromthemidlands

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM

AV welcome mate

• BWP93

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Antoine Griezman and Siem De Jong would be my guesses. Griezman is a wide french player and De Jong central?

• TorqToon

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Grantosuk – They can’t afford to pay any player £100k a week. They rent their stadium, and there is no way they will fill it each home game like we do.

Andy knows that, so if that’s what he has asked for, it’s to force a move either to us, or back into the Liverpool set up.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Average contents,
    Change your user name to Ashley is a bat fastard and you will get lots of responses ,You’ll make lots of friends in bills son slank and Lilongwe.

1 2 3 5