Does Yohan Cabaye Want To Leave Newcastle?

Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye has told the French TV channel Canal + that he would welcome a move to Manchester United and it would be an interesting challenge for him.

yohan cabaye   both hands up

Yohan Cabaye – wants to leave Newcastle?

That’s hardly diplomatic talk from the Newcastle vice-captain, and it’s not what we would expect from the French International.

This is some of what he said on the televised interview:

“For the moment I am at Newcastle, you never know what happens in football,” “I am here at the moment, the season is not finished as I have still two matches for France.”

“After that I’m going on holiday and it can’t come soon enough to clear my head of the difficult season we have just had, and I let my agents work for me.” “I have had no direct contact with anyone, maybe my agents are currently in the know.”

“As for me, I am here, listening. I like England as well. I will need to look at the situation, but you never know.”

He was then asked if he would be open to joining Premier League champions Manchester United, who are apparently after central midfield players this summer,  as David Moyes takes over the reign from Alex Ferguson, of the 13 times Premier League Champions:

“Yes, of course. I’ve liked this club for a long time, I like what they do,” “The boss has left but they have appointed a very good successor and he did some good things with Everton.” “They are always well played among the big clubs. Yes, for sure, it would be an interesting challenge.”

To be fair to Yohan, Manchester United are a much bigger and more successful club than Newcastle have ever been, and we suppose if the Red Devils come after any player, they’d probably be interested in joining them.

And it all gets down to the same thing – if players don’t want to be at Newcastle we cannot keep them.

But we know that Mike Ashley wouldn’t be willing to sell Yohan Cabaye except for big money, and if Manchester United want to but him – it would probably cost them £25M, and for that money the Manchester club could get a lot of other very talented central midfielders.

But these comments suggest that Yohan Cabaye wants away from Newcastle this summer, which is what is being reported in a few newspapers today.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• archaeomag

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Cabaye, il va rentrer chez lui, comme mais ,

• ochytoon

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM

As if he’s even played anywhere near good enough to warrant a move to Man Utd. Come on Cabaye, you’ve been crap this season, don’t get ahead of yourself.

• AndyNUFC

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:42 PM

£20M they can have him. Also £25M for Ben Arfa to PSG, Sakho this way. Anybody take that?

• Indian Magpie

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:43 PM

SELL SELL SELL

• archaeomag

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM

OMG who will take the corners?

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Ed…Come on now. This has been doing the rounds today, but it’s hardly being reported as a whole.

He’s being asked direct questions and whilst he doesn’t completely kill off the question, which naturally raises questions, it’s not like he said “come get me” or anything.

——————-

GN “Can we imagine you coming back to Ligue 1, there are 2 big clubs with a lot of money – PSG last year and Monaco this year, there is also Marseille that remains a club with French roots…could we see you back in Ligue 1?”

YC “I have had no direct contact with anyone, maybe my agents are currently in the know. As for me, I am here, listening, I like England as well. I will need to look at the situation but you never know.”

GN “There are changes at a big English club – Manchester United; a change in manager, a change in players, we know it’s a club and a challenge that could interest you?”

YC “Yes of course, I like this club for a long time, I like what they do, the boss has left but they have appointed a very good successor, and he did some very good things with Everton. They are always well placed amongst the big clubs, yes for sure it could be an interesting challenge but like I said for the moment, there is nothing concrete and I am still at Newcastle.”

• GeordieDan

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Just posted elsewhere that this interview has already been used to show both Cabaye’s intention to stay and his willingness to leave, depending on the journo-slant you put on it.

I also strongly believe that our board’s complete arse-up (AGAIN) of our pre-season plans will definitely have gone down well-especially to players like Cabaye who witnessed 1st hand how they bodged together fixtures last year.

Amazing how they had so little time to sort out pre-season when they were blatantly doing sweet f*** all on actually signing any players eh!

Would anyone be surprised if Cabaye thought our board was just wasting the prime years of his career with their behaviour and wanted to leave?

Nope, me neither.

• NUFCarter

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM

great player at his best (when he plays for france). couple of seasons ago he was a class act. but last season he must be dissapointed with. if he goes to united he will be class, but i reckon he will be dissapointed if he is still at nufc come september.

• Hatem's better than Messi

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Nothing much to this one.
    A French TV interview translated by English journos looking for a story.
    He was bloody awful last season. Lucky to get in a team that finished 5th bottom.
    Manure won’t pay 25M.

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:48 PM

What is it with this Indy character and NUFC?

indykaila News ?@indykaila 1m

If Michael Laudrup does leave #Swansea this summer then #EFC & NUFC have acted to early with their decisions on management. Big time

Acted early? Surely we’ve kept our options more open in this example? If Laurdup was to leave and we had already appointed a new manager, then we wouldn’t be in for him, would we?

Not that I think we’d have been in for him anyway or even that he would come to us.

Back to the original question, what is this guys beef with the toon?

• JAMSHA

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:49 PM

archaeomag

jonas will take conners n freekik

• Belfast

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM

No chance he’s going to Man Utd.

He aint good enough.

• Paul P

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:51 PM

For daft money such as 20/25 million then I would take that.

• p

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Ibiza, that is bollox anyway. It’s not like we signed another contract with Pardew.

If MA fancies Laudrup, he can make it happen assuming he has left Swansea.

• p

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Yes, if only Cabaye was good enough for Man U, then we would be getting a shed load of money coming our way for a player who has a poor, injury ridden season and one where he failed to step up to captain and fill Collocini’s boots

• NUFCarter

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:53 PM

sign ronaldinho to take corners and freekicks 🙂

• Mister Tuff

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:53 PM

archeomag @1
    De quoi est-ce que vous parlez ?

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:54 PM

p…That’s my thinking. The tweet just doesn’t make any sense to our actual situation, so why try and have a dig at us?

Before the season ended and people were saying we should go after him, I said I thought it would be an issue with transfer budgets etc. From what I’m reading I think that was spot on.

Top managers expect to be backed, especially after getting in to the EL.

That isn’t me trying to say Pardew is a top manager before anyone jumps on that 🙂

• Belfast

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Indy Kalia is full of shite.

Freelance Journo with sources at every club. Lol

Idiot !

• NUFCarter

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Laudrup is said to be keen to stay with swansea ayway

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Belfast…The Indy love in is starting to make me sick to the stomach. Fair enough follow it if it interests you, but the way people lap it up…scary.

• Newcastle Brown Alien

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:57 PM

once again journalists have blown this out of the water, yohan would you like to play for one of the 4 best teams in the world, yeah, of course i would. does not mean he wants to leave or would leave. like someone who drives a mercedes (NUFC) and got offered to drive a ferrari(MUFC) of course you would take it, chances are it won’t happen

• NUFCarter

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:58 PM

chedjou, who were linked with has signed for fenerbache.
    Sakho it is then! We are still strongly linked with douglas.

• Belfast

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Ano I said the same thing last night.

It’s like that agent Itk guy that time.
    30 thousand people hanging on his every word. Then he admitted he was doing it for a laugh to show how stupid people are. Lol

• Ibizatoon - Back By Popular Demand

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Belfast….Well, if you said the same, perhaps I should have a re-think 😉

• NUFCarter

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:04 PM

yes, who wouldnt want to join united from NUFC?

• woolerbill

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:09 PM

We have at best a mid table team and players, we do not have any fit to play for a top four team. You need to see a shrink if you think we have. They can all be replaced in a jiffy.

• Tommyy

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Depressing seeing how far we’ve fallen since Sir Bobby. We’re still living in the KK SBE era’s and realistically they’re long gone. We’re now an umbitious midtable club and we need to think like one.

• NUFCarter

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:15 PM

last summer chelsea man united arsenal, spurs and liverpool were all linked with tiote, cabaye, HBA, collocini, tim krul, and cisse. even steven taylor was linked with Barcelona if i remember rightly.
    This summer will be a different story. i dought much of those teams will want many of our players after last season.

• woolerbill

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:16 PM

We have at best a mid table team and players, we do not have any fit to play for a top four team. You need to see a shrink if you think we have. They can all be replaced in a jiffy, and will be.

• tweaked

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:18 PM

30+mil and he can go, we can bring in 3-4 players with that type of cash

• valle

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Does he want to leave? In a word… Yes… I got two more words to say to that… Let him

• Indian Magpie

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Thanks To Indy Kaila

Ed can churn out another article

• ToonDarnSarf

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Jail

Ummmm…no. I was firmly in the camp last summer that we desperately needed another centre back, really needed competition at full back, and needed a central midfielder too. We got those a bit late, but we got them at least.

This year I just think we could do with a top striker to compete with Cisse. Other than that it’s just picking up good deals, strengthening the squad where possible and keeping the key players

• Charlietoon

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I dont think there is a single player in the world that if asked whether he would be open to a move to Man U would flat out say no.

• WWYCD

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Journo: if want u would u be interested?
    Every player: maybe 😉 😉 😉

Standard. Bale, Suarez and Rooney have all been flashing their flirty bits at other clubs why would our players be any different?

• NUFCarter

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM

if NUFC have definitely decided on getting rid of James Perch. Then why not offer him to Derby in part exchange for Will Hughes +4mil cash to derby (some sort of cash? 4-6 mil). Would be a great deal. or even better offer williamson in part exchange instead OR both em with 2 mil+ cash and replace willo.
    That could also apply to Blackpool – Perch + cash for Ince

• SupaToonKid

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Can’t see Cabaye going to Manchester United. They’re going to sign Kevin Strootman and if they go after another CM surely Mr Moyes will venture back to take Fellaini off former side Everton. Will he even need to though with Strootman, Carrick, Cleverly, Kagawa, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs & Powell?

• NUFCarter

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM

i reckon steven gerrard will say no to united

• WWYCD

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Haha big chunk of my comment has disappeared there this it makes no sense haha. Pretty much am not bothered either way but I think this is blown out of proportions