Newcastle Defender Now Linked With Arsenal Move

The Daily Mail is reporting that Steven Taylor is a target of  Arsenal  during the summer, as the London club try to strengthen their defense.

steven taylor - yes

Steven Taylor – unlikely to want to leave Newcastle

Newcastle could lose one or two of their other center-backs this summer, with Fabricio Coloccini wanting to again move back to Buenos Aries and San Lorenzo to be with his family, and Mike Williamson also may leave after being squeezed out of the first team, since the five Frenchmen arrived in January.

Arsenal are always being criticized for having a leaky defense, although they conceded only 37 goals last season, and that was only three goals short of Manchester City, who conceded the least with 34 goals, with Manchester United, the Premier League Champions conceding 43 goals.

Newcastle leaked a massive 68 goals and had the 4th worst record in the Premier League.

But looking at this potential move, we cannot see it happening, with local lad Steven Taylor, who came through the Newcastle Youth Academy, hardly looking to leave Newcastle.

Steven has had a bad time with injuries since January of 2010,  he’s only played 48 times for the Newcastle first team over the last three and a half years, so his injury record is not good.

Arsenal have been linked with Swansea’s Ashley Williams this year, and Mike Williamson has been linked with a move to Swansea to replace him.

The news on Steven Taylor may be accurate that Arsenal want him,  but we think there’s very little chance of Steven leaving Newcastle this summer.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Harley

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Ha ha!

• kizza

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Wont happen. Arsenal will not pay the 15 million pound that the club value him at.

• EastEndMagpie

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:23 AM

yeah, and have you heard Barca are going to buy Shola to spearhead a front three with Neymar and Messi….

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:24 AM

@ NPS

You know what they say, “great minds” and all that 🙂 .

I actually have a soft spot for Robert because he scored that amazing reverse bicycle kick (is there even a name for it 🙂 ) in the first Newcastle game I ever went to .

was only young like (22 now) but I remember walking up the stairs with my brother and then seeing the pitch in all of its glory and the atmosphere blew me away. Top 3 in the greatest moments of my life. HWTL 😉

• No Plain Saylor

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Ed come on man, you know this story has absolutely no truth..
    You could surely start another thread with a real story, even a piece about where the club is, was, will be, etc would be better than this. There is always spoof to be written that is much better than Steven Taylor to Arsenal, not worth discussing really.

• AMEOBI

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Not a chance, not got many CBs none story. Has Newcastle released anyone yet?

• kizza

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:28 AM

He would get game time but he wouldnt leave. He is too….cosy

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I rate Taylor but not that much . Probably the third best CB we have at the minute. Take the NUFC specs off and he is on the level of someone like Shawcross IMO.

Also bear in mind it is from the Daily fail . Plus the Gunners have a supposed “war chest” and there are plenty of CB’s they could attract that are twice the player Stevie T is. Garbage story

• Toon-Prodigy

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM

That injury record is shocking for Taylor..

The Toon really needs to get to the bottom of this problem. It’s so bad it’s stopping us competing consistently year after year.

We are a good shout with a fit squad.

• HAZZY1

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM

No Plain Saylor I will let u know more when I get firm info that we r getting the players lots of talks still do so anything can happen I do know we r after 3-4 Development Players and 2 pos 3 dpending if anyone leaves First Team but I wont metion names as last time my info was wrong.

• santonthenewmaldini

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Was wondering when this was going to get posted!!!

Not a chance!! Him and Shola should count themselves very lucky they are classed as local because they would probably struggle to get into any other premierships 1st eleven!!

• No Plain Saylor

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:32 AM

BPC,
    Great minds, fact 😉
    That bicycle reminds me so much of the Ronaldinho one against Bilbao.
    I’m 20 and I’ve still never been to sjp, pretty embaressed about it tbh.
    All my mates are united fans and I’ve been to old trafford a few times.. 🙁 We keep saying we’ll go to man united vs newcastle at sjp, but we never do. I’m dying to go, nearly go on my own tbh, but a weekend with the lads or a journey alone, two very different experiences.

• No Plain Saylor

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Good stuff hazzy 😉
    Im 99% sure who the development players are from Lyon, and Im fairly certain i can narrow down the Holland players.

Look forward to seeing what happens 🙂

• 09nufc09

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Steven taylor has most of the attributes to be a top defender apart from the brain, he switches off and does stupid things that you would expect from an inexperienced player. Hes a decent player but in the big games he normally gets found out. Shame because i love it when he runs up to the gallowgate/strawberry corner before games.

• AMEOBI

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:37 AM

NPS, nothing wrong about going on your own, o got season ticket on my own at 18 and met guys close to me, every single lad talks about the game so it’s not really an issue. Go support the team you love!!

• No Plain Saylor

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Just seen a story about a fella who worked for Sligo Rovers and Bohemiens as recently as 2007.. Then he went to Manure as a coach, and now he’s at Atletico Mardid, and Head of development at acd canillas.. a feeder club for Real.

Just goes to show, whatever the mind can fathom, is possible 🙂

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:43 AM

@ NPS

Just don’t leave it too late bud. Life is precious and the next minute it’s gone. I’m sure you will make the pilgrimage soon enough 🙂 . If I could bottle the feeling of first match day for a die hard NUFC fan at St. James’ I would be a millionaire that’s for sure.

Night ladies, always a pleasure never a chore 😉

• veto

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM

they seem to be after him every summer , top class defender if he can geta decent run of games under his belt

• geordiesteve520

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Straight swap with Vermaelen and they can have him.

• davis_toons

Jun 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I really didn’t want to crack a joke on Shola because he is our lethal weapon against Makems but..

Baca needed him and Williamson for the height they lack off. Next season they will play hoots ball after losing the CL.

• CDEVINE69

Jun 7, 2013 at 7:42 PM

sell him. hes not worth 15 mill like no way!!!!much much better players than him.. so overatted. wouldnt give a flying f**k if he left..