French Youngster – Newcastle Supporters Great – I’ll Play Better

20 year-old Massadio Haidara has already gained a lot fo fans because of the brave way he came though after that terrible tackle at Wigan by Callum McManaman that could have ended his career, yet went completely unpunished by match officials and the gutless FA – and even had the Wigan Chairman foolishly claiming it was a fair tackle.

massadio Haidara clutching his knee

Massadio Haidara – in pain at Wigan after that knee-high tackle

Newcastle fans quickly got right behind the new arrival from France, and the youngster was sent many messages of encouragement and support from the fans, and he talked at the time of how that helped him in his recovery.

That was the same time fans were also sending messages to the Wigan Cosmos club, after the disgraceful behavior of some of our fans before the Wigan game.

The good, the bad and the ugly – and to think we also lost the game 2-1. 🙁

And the amazing thing was that Massadio was playing again a short three weeks later, after thinking his career could even be over, and he finally picked up a hamstring injury which ended his season.

This is some of what Massadio said in the Shields Gazette today:

“I didn’t expect to get so much support from all the people that wrote to me.” “It is true what people say that when you know the fans are on your side it makes you play even better. They left me a lot of messages.”

“It wasn’t just the supporters who were great, it was all the backroom staff and players. They really gave me a lot of strength.” “It gave me plenty of morale and it helped me come back earlier than planned.”

“For me it was a tough time and it was nice to get that help.” “I think I will be stronger for all of my experiences for the new season.”

Haidara seems a great lad, and he has made no bones about wanting to make that left-back spot at Newcastle his own – and will challenge Italian International Davide Santon and French International Yanga-Mbiwa next season for that position.

It’s good to have real competition for places at Newcastle.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Tommyy

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I’m sure he will, good player and will power on this season and I think he can become one of the best left backs in the league.
    He’s got all the attributes: fast, strong, steady, well positioned and a good tackler. His decision making needs a bit of work but that will come.
    On another note, since when has there been 3 Nufcblogs? now there’s a .co.uk one aswell! We really do have the most passionate fans. No other team has 3 so heavily used blogs.

• magpie6699

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM

When he played I thought he was impressive for a young player in his first PL season – he had pace and ability and did not look out of place at all. Very hopeful he will come good.

• GeordieDan

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Repost:

expatmag>

Your faith in Ashley and Lambiarse’s ability to actually run our football club correctly and learn from their mistakes is remarkable and I’d love to know where you are getting your faith from mate?

You seem to think they’ve learned their lessons and now know just what they are doing? They can’t even manage to plan a pre-season FFS! And that is one of the most fundamental things to starting a season in the best shape.

You think they are beavering away behind the scenes to get us players where as I, based on EVERYTHING I have experienced so far under their stewardship is that all they are working on behind the scenes are excuses and lies.

It is THEIR complete joke of an administration that has cause me to lose faith and that has only been relatively recently compared to most. Its not just how completely arrogant and ignorant they are it actually mainly because I at this minute in time I hardly even enjoy MY club and that has gutted me.

The blame for that is firmly at the feet of Ashley and co. and as much as I appreciate your optimism I think you’ll find its mis-guided.

• Mister Tuff

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I don’t think at the moment we should be alarmed at nothing apparently happening
    on the transfer front. All the “donkey work” will have previously been done and players
    we are interested in will have been identified.
    Some time ago Graham Carr, in an interview I think with the Journal described in detail
    how the scouting and signing of players works at SJP -he clearly identified the process
    and Percy DOES have input into who is signed. So those who say he does not are re-writing
    history.
    For what it’s worth Ashley is a Chelsea fan and not a Spurs fan. I did a post about a month or so ago about this. It was an interview with Dastardly when he revealed that El Gourdo was not a Spurs fan but a Chelsea fan and that El Gourdo was upset to be called a Spurs fan. Dastardly’s quotes were itemised in my post. (Whether we believe Dastardly is entirely another matter).
    Expatmag – might be a long shot but did you ever play a few games for a casino team in Newcastle.

• jonobbad

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Tiote is still a beast. He will prove it this season.
    Some people have very short memories.

• beddersmag

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Running a football club is half football and half business. Id give the current adminstration 5/10 on the former and 9/10 on the latter. 7/10 total. Could do better but if the financial fair play rules begin to bite things might start to look up very quickly. Lets see who goes out and comes in this summer. I dont think anyone was complaining about the jan signings at the time and the amount spent so maybe the penny has dropped he might surprise us and bring in quality and quantity.

• expatmag

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I am not denying that they have made mistakes and neither are they.

I suppose you are one of those supporters who was unhappy that:

we finished 5th the season before last

brought in 5 good new players in january

put the club on a financially stable condition

given the club an interest free loan

trying to provide stability within the club

refused to sell star players for anything other than top dollar.

and finally, what evidence do you have that they are not negotiasting for players at present after having admitted their mistakes of last summer?

Get a grip mate. It is still eartly days

• dbpjake

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I think he’ll be better right back than Santon

• beddersmag

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Aye i font mind tiote. Noone can match his physicality and only perch can fill in properly in dcm (hope he stays btw). Bigi and anita are too weak at present imo. Even when his distribution is poor he stops team playing by being such a beast. This work often goes unnoticed. Maybe sissoko could do it but he needs to toughen up imo.

• Rotonda heights

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Cracks appearing: Cabaye wants out hot on the heels of Ba and Colo

So should Pardew go? It was clear a lot of the players were p….d off by Pinnochios sh..e tactics so should we sell most of the squad or get rid of the root cause?

Further cracks appearing with some of our muslim players refusing to wear the Wonga .

I just hate our great club been associated with Llambias, Wonga and Pardew. We deserve so much more.

• beddersmag

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Sorry DONT mind tiote 🙂

• Blaydon-Toon

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Dbpjake they both play LEFT BACK not RB !

• Geordie crappa

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I like this lad. Pardew in!!! (just because I’m a Toon Boy!

• Geordie crappa

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Tuff, calm down mate. Its a beautiful day out there!

• Hatem's better than Messi

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Expatmag

I don’t trust Ashley.
    He doesn’t care about NUFC or the fans.
    It’s just an investment he’s stuck with.
    Sure he’ll spend to protect our Premier league position but mid-table is the target.
    The Europa League is viewed as a millstone.
    Pardew’s defend and hoof football is boring and terrible to watch.
    A lot of the fans are unhappy.
    I’d say Ashley, Llambias and Pardew are all failing and at the end of the season were all left pointing fingers at each other. So Ashley did nothing … so we get more defend and hoof until he finally f###s up badly enough to be sacked.
    I’m hiding the razor blades, what a shambles and at the end of the day that’s Ashley’s fault. Buck stops with him.

• Agent Stardust

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

carroll backed in from 10/1 to 6/1 for toon return

• GeordieDan

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM

expatmag>

Don’t pigeonhole me as just a fan who is “one of those supporters who was unhappy that we finished 5th the season before last”

Finishing 5th was tremendous and thoroughly enjoyable but I’ve seen very little “evidence” since then of even wanting achieve that again let alone to build on that. Pardew himself said “thank God we’re not in Europe” ffs!

As far as getting a grip? I just haven’t enjoyed what is my main source of enjoyment for a long time now and that is Ashley’s & co’s fault whether you want to admit it or not.

I get very little enjoyment from simply balancing books and the “stability” of nearly getting relegated. I want to be entertained! Remember that word don’t you?

You must be very happy to settle for such low expectations if you fight their corner so blindly.

• dbpjake

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Blaydon-Toon… That’s what i meant haha

• Dubaigeordie

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Nothing to do with this post but just want to see what you guys think
    I would love to see this team next season
    ————–krul————-
    Debuchy—mbiwa—skrtel—santon
    ———–sissiko—-Witsel————
    —-mertens—–Ben arfa——mgeedy
    —————–Gomez——-

That’s around 45 to 50 milliong being spent but selling cabaye and cisse as well as other fringe players will easily cover that and this team I think would easily challenge for top 6!!!!

• Rotonda heights

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Expat

People will go on and on about one good season like they think it will be a regular occurrence under Pardew. In his whole career it never has been because as history repeatedly shows again and again wherever he goes, after an initial good start, Pardew’s arrogance goes through the roof and he is always found out and comes crashing back down with a resounding bang.

It’s not coincidence Pardew nearly relegated 3 different teams, had 2 record losing streaks at 2 different clubs, destroyed staff morale at Southampton and took Charlton from the epl to the bottom 3 of the championship.

Season before last, Raylor’s injury meant Pardew finally had to play Ba, Cisse and Benny in a front 3 with great results but he inexplicably kicked it in to the long grass.
    Weak management caving in to one player and madness is trying the same failing thing over and over again, ie Ba and Cisse ina 442 then Cisse as a winger. Pardew clearly DOES NOT LEARN!

Pardew’s good to average seasons don’t offset the many mediocre ones and Pardew will never ever be a consistently successful manager. People who believe otherwise are clearly deluded or living in la-la land.

Ba went , Colo’s probably going, Cabs and Benny thinking about going. That’s our 4 best players. Much rather they all stayed (too late for Ba) and we get rid of the glazier before we seriously implode and become a team of Perch’s, Spearings, Tomkins and hoofball Andy.

• jimiley

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Carroll and hoofball exemplified. Cannot wait. We live and play in the Dark Ages. Nobody else plays hoofball except Stoke and Wimbledon 20 years ago. And we are supposed to be happy? Geordies know very little about good football. We have had one top team in the past 100 years. 1996. Bring on Carroll. At least he will hold the ball up better than Cisse. But its footy in the Middle Ages and we will continue to win nowt. We might get relegated mind.

• Mister Tuff

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Expatmag – any reply to my question @4

• toon kk

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Lets face it the best we can ever hope for is mid table, with our owner and manager how can we change? Expect more hoofball next season. As far as this so called 5 year plan is concerned its being run on LUCK. But all we can do is support our great club.

• toon22

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Hope AP sees that he has to be stronger willed,that doesnt mean arrogant but picking players in form.
    As for the comings and goings simple fact when you buy a load of foreign mercenaries.
    Imo if there are players who are unsettled at the club we need to deal with them,either give them improved wages or sell them.If we dont next season will be a nightmare.

• dbpjake

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I really don’t think that many people are actually too bothered about the long ball system IF IT WORKS. In the Championship when we were winning week in week out, 90% of the goals we scored were either from long balls or crosses. The problem is at the minute, is that we have players who can pass and create along the ground and we’ve caught glimpses of what we CAN do, and lets face it there is no point in hoofing the ball towards Cisse, how many does he win?

• jimmysmith

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Tuff expat doesn’t have time to answer your question , he’s too busy getting into fights on his first day at school. NUFC blog – so cool!

• carlton nufc

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM

According to twitter we’ve signed Wilfred bony !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• carlton nufc

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM

it’s fresh on twitter now

• dbpjake

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM

According to Twitter, a lot of things happen carlton

• GeordieDan

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM

carlton>

cwarr07> To the rescue again?

• Rotonda heights

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM

twitter source?

• SupaToonKid

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM

DubaiGeordie

What shrooms you been taking? Witsel cost Zenit £35M and Gomez is priced at about £25-30M. McGeady will probably be on big wages and have a price tag too. Liverpool will not sell Skrtel to us and we need a younger CB like Okore. Mertens could happen but still unlikely as he’ll be £10-15M. Remember we have policy of not exceeding spending £10M in our purchases. Even if Cabaye and Ben Arfa are sold, don’t expect dramatic, big marquis signings. We’ll purchase within a low budget, adjusted to possible sales but we’ll have a list of players from Holland, France and Belgium that can replace anybody to a certain extent for cheaper than sold.

• geordiefromthemidlands

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM

It’s Colin the pleb that’s said that. So looks like there’s no chance of us signing bony now.

• Dubaigeordie

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM

@supatoonkid I forgot how much Wiesel cost but Gomez is not wanted by bayern anymore and apparently will only cost around 7mill mgeedy has already said wants to play in the premier league so sure he would take a wage cut and for skrtel he is still 28 and had a lot of experience and can give us an ariel threat. I get what you mean but we can only dream that money we get would be reinvested so we can actually move forward rather then getting stupid amounts of money for players and only spending 6 or 7 million sigh 🙁

• Mister Tuff

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM

jimmy @24 – yes I noticed a bit of an attitude on his first day. I used to know a lad from Low Fell who was transported out to the colonies a good few years ago – and I was wondering whether it could be him. Bit of a long shot I know. However, his “penchant” for getting into a “punch up” on his first day on the blog – does in fact increase the potential it might be him.

• GeordieDan

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Geordiefromthemidlands>

Colin? Well it must be true then. :/

Why that clown bothers is beyond me. What a t**t.

• dbpjake

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Don’t really want Bony anyway if we are keeping Cisse, would much prefer Aubemeyang

• geordiefromthemidlands

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM

GeordieDan
    King of all twonks that one. I live in Wolves and last night was drinking in a pub with IndyKalia and his cousins. He also known nothing but just re tweets others news. Throw enough brown stuff and it sticks. Chap is a young lad who lives in Leicester.

• GeordieDan

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Yep, a sad little attention seeker with too much time on his hands.

To his credit (for lack of a better word) however it is about the only ‘news’ we are actually getting at the minute.

Forgot just how boring the off-season is. 🙁

• Mister Tuff

Jun 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I would have Wilfried Bony in a flash. Powerful player and finished this season top scorer in the league with 31 goals in 32 games. Now in anybodys’ book that is a phenomenal strike rate.
    Mind I would like Aubameyang – but it looks like he’s of to Germany or Italy.