The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

West Ham May Be Giving Up On Carroll – Turn To Wilfried Bony

10:42 pm, Sunday, June 9th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 102 Comments

West Ham had a £15M bid for Andy Carroll accepted by Liverpool, but as we reported earlier today the former Newcastle striker is dragging his feet on committing to the east London side, as he hopes that Newcastle will come in for him.

wilfried bony

Wilfried Bony – West Ham now interested in Newcastle target

24 year-old Carroll is currently on holiday in the United States with his girlfriend, but it seems West Ham may be turning to other strikers, just in case Andy turns them down when he returns from the states.

The Hammers failed in a bid last week for Sevilla striker Alvaro Negredo, and news today that they have already held talks with Wilfried Bony’s representatives. :(

And of course Newcastle have been linked heavily with the 24 year-old Vitesse striker and Ivory Coast International, who scored 37 goals in 37 games last season for the Dutch side, who finished 4th in the Eredivisie.

West Ham are also said to be tracking Stuttgart’s 25 year-old Martin Harnik, an Austrian international who can also play out on the wing, and they are also considering a move for former Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou, and the 27 year-old left Chelsea as a free agent last summer and signed for Lille.

So it seems that West Ham are lining up some replacements – but if Andy does turn down West Ham it will leave an interesting situation this summer, since Newcastle will not meet that £15M that Liverpool will demand for their striker.

We’d give Liverpool £10M at most probably – and that would add up to a £25M loss for Liverpool on the Geordie lad, in a short thirty months.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Andy Carroll · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

102 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ginger // Jun 9, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Not too sure about Bony.

• 2 Newcastle Brown Alien // Jun 9, 2013 at 10:46 PM

unproven but bony is immense looking, i’d take him and i don’t want west ham to get him

• 3 Ginger // Jun 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Newcastle Brown Alien

I’ve only seen highlights of him but I don’t like the way he plays his game. Seems very slow and sluggish.

• 4 Marty-Toon // Jun 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Bony isn’t slow but he’s not Walcott either.
    37 goals in 37 games,what’s not to like ?
    Ok ts an inferior league but if ya know where the onion bag is then it shouldn’t be that difficult to get 20 goals in England for a striker of his quality

• 5 Graeme // Jun 9, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Carroll or Wilfried Bony?? Just NO contest, it has to be Bony all day long.

• 6 archaeomag // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM

The use of the word “could” is quite out of hand;
    The whole world of football is now hypothetical and unreal . . .

• 7 archaeomag // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM

. . errrr not that ED actually used it . .this time

• 8 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Could he work well with Cisse?

Love to see a fast striker brought in

• 9 AH // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Ginger he is far from slow and sluggish ,the lad has explosive pace and is strong on the ball and has a good footballing brain . I would compare him with Obafemi Martins but with more skill . Cant see him joining either us or West ham he will go too a club in the champions league .

• 10 SupaToonKid // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I’d rather have Altidore than Bony tbh. Still dreaming about Aubameyang or Doumbia though lol ;)

• 11 donkey // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM

as much as i would like carroll back i would much prefere us to go for bony even if you lose him for a few games every year to afcon hes a pefect number 9 wo score all type of goals

• 12 dbpjake // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I’m sorry but Bony IS slow. nearly all of his goals last season were poachers goals. we already have a poacher in cisse. he isn’t tall either so he isn’t going to win too many headers from all the long balls

• 13 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Sould destroying the lack of news coming out the club..

Terrible this part of the year!

• 14 croftus5678 // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM

bony wins and no contest.
    not really fussed if he links with cisse or not as he will be great striker with or without cisse.
    he’s not fast or slow but has a good shot is very strong and knows where to be at the right time.
    besides i think he’s above who we should be attracting (i.e. he should be in a top 4-6 club) but something tell’s me his buddy tiote can convince him to join us.

• 15 jimmysmith // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Newcastle under Ashley really are very good in the transfer market. Take out the poor judgement exhibited last close season and astonishingly so.

In fact, if we hadn’t of been so canny transfer wise we probably wouldn’t have even found ourselves in that position in the first place.

Although it appears to be crunch time again. I guess if there’s been a failing its been in timing not method.

• 16 Newcastle Brown Alien // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM

donkey, afcon is every 4 years

• 17 dbpjake // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:24 PM

if Pardew can rotate between Cisse and Bony then yes, sign him up. But i doubt that will be possible

• 18 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM

We need 2 up top next season.

I very much doubt Pardew will be starting with a lone striker with the pressure to get off to a good start.

Ba’s replacement is coming in and the two of them will be starting.

Just my two cents.

• 19 donkey // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM

bony is not slow hes explosive you only have to be qwick over 5 10 yards to have the edge over your opponent when you play upfront and plus he has a lot more to his game to have to rely on pace Toon-Prodigy Jozy Altidore would love it if nufc could get hold of him looks like he has got all the tools there to make it to the very top saying that would love it if nufc sighned both players

• 20 No Plain Saylor // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM

So sick of hearing about Carroll.
    For 60k a week, 8 million transfer fee, if he wasnt injury prone, id have him, he meets none of these requirements..

• 21 jimmysmith // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Yeah, I think he wants to play two up top, trouble is he still has the same problem he had but couldn’t solve all last season. His best finisher doesn’t know how to work effectively in tandem and he apparently can’t help him.

• 22 No Plain Saylor // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Donkey, Id have Altidore over Bony and Carroll, cheaper too

• 23 dbpjake // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I’d also give Altidore another chance in this league

• 24 jimmysmith // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Every time I hear a criticism of Carroll I feel a welling up of emotion and I have bite my lip and count to to ten. Time to move on Jimmy. So sad!

• 25 donkey // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:39 PM

No Plain Saylor how much would Altidore cost and do you recon his club would let him go

• 26 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Don’t know who this Altidore is to be honest.

If it came to it, who would you have between Remy and Ba?

That’s a tough one like.

• 27 dbpjake // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Prodigy – on a footballing note i’d have Remy, i think he’s the better player.

But i don’t hold any grudges against Ba, i do against Remy.

• 28 No Plain Saylor // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Remy and Ba both fcuked us in different ways, as a player Remy, as a person Ba.

Donkey Id say £8m could surely prie him away? I mught be wrong, but tha seems reasonable. Hes quick for a strong lad too!

• 29 SupaToonKid // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM

If Cabaye or Ben Arfa does go, I believe we’d need to make a double raid on AZ and snatch up Maher as a CAM/CM replacement with Altidore (as I said above) probably our best shot at a reasonable price for a quality new striker. 2 of Mertens, Chadli, Wijnaldum & Lens would do nicely for the new wingers we need. Eredivisie should definitely be the focus of our transfers this summer IMO.

• 30 jimmysmith // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Last word on Carroll (honest), if I were his advisor/dad I’d encourage to see out his contract at Liverpool to improve his ground game under Rodgers and leave in full control of his destiny as a free agent while still a young man with it all ahead of him.

Liverpool will accommodate him if he stays. They won’t freeze him out as he remains an asset and a weapon.

• 31 Newcastle Brown Alien // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Why do people want altidore, he was bollocks at hull

• 32 SupaToonKid // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:51 PM

If we sold no key players but got rid of the fringe.

I’d be happy if we brought in:

Okoré
    Mertens
    Altidore

• 33 SupaToonKid // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Newcastle Brown Alien

Cos he was in a Hull side that was horrendous and they couldn’t provide him with many chances. I swear a load’ve of his appearances were from the subs bench too. He was very inexperienced at only 19/20 at the time. Since then he has come on in leaps and bounds at AZ and he seems a much better player than back then.

• 34 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I think Remy and Ben Arfa would create alot in a 4-3-3 for Cisse. And grab there fair share if they managed some consistency staying injury free.

Tiote Sitting, Cabaye just infront. Sissoko box to box.

Lethal combination at St James.

• 35 No Plain Saylor // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:58 PM

SupaToonKid,
    I would love Okore too, ahead of Sakho even.
    But i read an interview from him today, he rejected chelsea in january, and said today he is qite happy to stay where he is for another two years and develop his game, sadly..

• 36 jimmysmith // Jun 9, 2013 at 11:58 PM

yes, the core of the squad held in tact and quality additions in those 3 positions, striker, winger and less so but why not, centre back.

There are also 6- 10 players on our books who are surplus and could /should be replaced by 3 quality signings and the rest by promising young players of which you’d hope 2-3 would eventually step up.

• 37 donkey // Jun 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM

only have to look at drogba for an example a lot of clubs turned him down for a just a million pounds he was a late developer before he started to make a name for himself he was like 25 -26

• 38 jimmysmith // Jun 10, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Newcastle will struggle to ever get a better 4 th choice centre back than Willo, and more importantly he seems happy enough to accept that role. I’d keep him until Streete or Goode are ready to fill his boots. One more season, at least.

• 39 Newcastle Brown Alien // Jun 10, 2013 at 12:08 AM

supatoonkid, yeah but we don’t provide either either, and to be honest a goal scoring record in the eredivisie is misleading, i fear should he come here he’d be like afonso alves

• 40 89Norcal // Jun 10, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Dont know why but I’m starting to warm up to AC coming back. As long as he makes Pool bend over backwards to sell to us for cheap.

Bony will have more interest in him so it’s very possible we could be priced out for him anyway. I just think AC with the fans behind him can be a real force.

• 41 jimmysmith // Jun 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM

As I write I’m reconsidering, 2 or 3 additions are critical, but I’d keep this entire squad in tact for one more season. Guys like Obertan, Gos, Vuckic, Fergie, Sammi, all still have age on their side and can do a job as cover or sent out on loan.

If Iwas going to sell at all, it would be Bambi and Raylor and replace them with young talent. I think I’d move Tav on and the two lads who are at St Mirren.

• 42 manxpie // Jun 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM

brown alien the acon is every 2 years mate
    i’d have bony he’s built for the pl but i’d go all out for doumbia speed and finishing wish we’d got him before he left young boys never gonna happen tho

• 43 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 10, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Norcal,

I get the feeling he and Cisse would struggle to partner one another

• 44 donkey // Jun 10, 2013 at 12:36 AM

if it meant selling cisse to get carrol or bony i would sell him in a flash

• 45 Newcastle Brown Alien // Jun 10, 2013 at 12:38 AM

manx, oh yeah so it is

• 46 jimmysmith // Jun 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Lilo keeps bangin on about loaning players out and he’s right in regards to Newcastle. The jump from reserves to first team is far too great. Young players should never come to Newcastle unless they are genuinely ready to challenge for the first team and Newcastle should only sign that type of player. Bigi, Haidarra, for example, even Gos who was ready but has been blighted by injury.

Others such as Fergie, Sammie, Vuckic would have been better of elsewhere. Newcastle have been borderline negligent and irresponsible in their handling of players of their ilk.

• 47 LeToonARMY // Jun 10, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Toon-Prodigy
    I think we should try to keep all our players including King Collocini and get rid of a few fringe players, and I think Yanga Mbiwa should start on the Left from now on, he is very strong and confident going forward too and I think we should buy Sahko, Remy and Wilfred Bony, and we will have a very strong team IMO. I dont think we need to worry about are midfielders atm . We have:-
    Anita
    Bigi
    Santon
    Ben Arfa
    Jonas
    Marveux
    Tiote
    Sissoko
    Cabaye…….and Gouffran can play in midfield too

• 48 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 10, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Jimmy,

We have had a very small squad for quite some time, that’s why we havn’t let them go out. Can you imagine if we loaned them out last season? We would of had to field the juniors. The blame sits with the board firmly on this topic, for not giving us a squad capable.

As you can see since the arrivals in January, they were sent out straight away once we brought some quality in depth into the squad.

• 49 jimmysmith // Jun 10, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Yes, TP, very true in this instance, but Newcastle do delude themselves in to believing they can bring on kids, but in fact do far more harm than good in reality.

No clearer example of this than the turn of events of last season.

• 50 jimmysmith // Jun 10, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Let me expand that further. Newcastle , of course, should be looking at all ages of talent, but they should loan players out after a couple of years of reserves and only bring them back if they are ready to challenge the first team.

Newcastle are far too big a club, playing in far too competitive a league, to be playing fast and loose with kids.

• 51 jimmysmith // Jun 10, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Actually, I think the club has recognized this, and this is primarily why I do too to be honest. Not the most acute of observations. Rambling on to myself here now…….blah ,blah,blah……thank you and goodnight.

• 52 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 10, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Le Toon,

I think Boni and Remy is a bit much to expect to be honest. I think we will get one person in of that calibre though.

I’d love to see everyone stay. I’v set myself up to lose one of our quality players though just incase. Obviously only if there is a stupid offer on the table and will help cover other positions in the squad such as a winger who can play down both flanks.

God knows about Colo, interesting though to see what happens now with San Lorenzo dropping out. No point him moving if he isn’t going to be local to his family, unless she ups and goes with him again to a foreign country again.

Jimmy,

I think we can bring kids through. The academy works. Up until Ashley came though there was no chance for kids to come through at the Toon. It would of been unheard of to field such youngsters in the first team. If someone had of said to me 5 years ago Sammy Ameobi, Ferguson, Tavernier, Campbell, Ranger and Vuckic were going to be getting run outs in the first team I would of thought you were mad.

It’s the qaulity of the youngsters im concerned about. I’v never seen any young player at Newcastle that shouts out to me as Premier League quality. I agree something dosn’t seem right. But we have brought through Taylor and Krul, Ferguson is ok at Champoinship level at the moment, even Ranger did ok at Sheff Wed.

My opinion is we need better quality youngsters at the club, and that hopefully is being rectified this summer at the second time of asking.

• 53 jimmysmith // Jun 10, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I guess we differ, TP, in that I think we have had quality but have mishandled it in the past. Those guys may have been talented enough but not groomed well enough for our esteemed jersey, as I see it.

And the damage has been done.

• 54 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 10, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Jimmy,

Maybe it’s a bit of both mate.

We have to Remember though, Tavernier and Vuckic have had spells on loan at other clubs and have been playing regularly against Premier League reserve sides which is an excellent standard of football with very good players to play against and learn from. It’s experience they should be learning from really.

Im just yet to see the quality to be shown in the first team, a part of me says they were never ready anyway.

But still, I’v seen no standout players or performances from any one of them.

For me the quality is not good enough, maybe we need to up the standards of our local and European scouts.

• 55 lesh // Jun 10, 2013 at 3:39 AM

Mmm. Everybody seems to be tucked up in bed.

Sweet dreams all.

• 56 Indian Magpie // Jun 10, 2013 at 6:16 AM

So did Oscar look tired

He played in Olympics, 60+ games for chelsea and brazil still going strong will play at CC too

• 57 Ben3arfa // Jun 10, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Cabaye looked great yesterday for France.

Wonder why he was playing so shit for us all season???

• 58 expatmag // Jun 10, 2013 at 6:47 AM

My main concern regarding the signing of PEA, Bony or any other african striker os that when the ACON comes round (every 2 years isnt it), we would lose our two main strkers and unless the club buy more than one striker (unlikely) then we would be short for a considerable amount of time when the ACON crops up with posing Cisse as well.

• 59 expatmag // Jun 10, 2013 at 6:47 AM

sorry, I mean losing

• 60 expatmag // Jun 10, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Ben3arfa

Cabaye appears to be a complex character. Tje season before last, he went from an average league to a new and different styled fast paced league, with little rest and all the associated matters of dealing with relocation.

This was further compounded by a full season where he excelled followed by the european championships where he openly admitted to be depressed following France’s elimination. Another limited rest between seasons followed by a badly organised pre season, limited squad additions, additional european competition, a season of injury crisis and possibly rushed back from his own injuries to a struggling team low on confidence would undoubtedly have an adverse impact on his performance.

Lets just hope he gets a good rest over the next 4 weeks before returning to a better pre season arrangement by the club and new squad additions.

I dont think he will be sold.

• 61 Jail for Ashley // Jun 10, 2013 at 7:35 AM

expat,
    Well I can imagine the wonga trip to Bloomfield road and the annual trips to Carlisle and Hartlepool will inspire him to greatness.

• 62 Slank // Jun 10, 2013 at 7:59 AM

expatmag @ 60

In addition to everything you rightly say about Cabaye we also took on the captaincy and the responsibility for settling in all the none English speaking French players that arrived in January.

No wonder he was knackered physically and mentally.

He is a quality man and quality player, we are very fortunate to have him.

• 63 Indian Magpie // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Does any 1 know if we played Real Madrid or AC milan roma etc.

• 64 JAMSHA // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:05 AM

NXT TOPIC

• 65 Graeme // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Jail, the trips certainly inspire me – to go back to bed lol

Just shows what huge demand we are generating as a club, or the limited vision of the idjits in charge!!

• 66 Jail for Ashley // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Graeme
    Did you go to Amsterdam for the final

• 67 expatmag // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:11 AM

JFA

As far as I can see, not many teams have announced their pre season plans. Wait and see what happens.

• 68 Jail for Ashley // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Indian,
    A quick look at wiki and it will tell you we have only played Roma out of that list but we have hosted other European giants such as Inter,Barca and Juventus but “cor fank gawd we ain’t in Europe this year make no mistake “

• 69 Rotonda heights // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:24 AM

ben3arfa

maybe being played in the right position by a coach who know’s what he’s doing is the answer

• 70 Jail for Ashley // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM

expat,
    But the fact we announced ours only for it to fall through is worrying have you seen the pre season we had that year after we got promoted !

• 71 Graeme // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Jail, No mate, sold the tickets to a chelski fan.

My son just didn’t fancy it if Newcastle weren’t playing; the money is now going to be used for a trip to the Italian F1 at Milan, followed by Sunday evening at the San Siro and a lazy flight back on the Monday lol

We thought it would be more fun trying to spot a mackem than being swamped by the cockney mafia in Amsterdam lol

• 72 expatmag // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM

JFA

From what I have rerad, the cancellation of the tournament in South Africa last season and this is due to no faultfrom the club.

The season after promotion? Under Hughton?

Wasnt it the Irish camp plus friendlies against Carlisle, Leeds etc?

• 73 Indian Magpie // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Jail

I meant in pre season etc. e never really play big guns

• 74 Markaccus // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Morning all. Still nowt new i see. Same tired old names bopping about the headlines. Newspaper editors are right lazy tw@s! :D

• 75 jonobbad // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Why is cabaye so overrated? Can make the odd pass but is very inconsistent. Really don’t mind if we sold him. Has a bit of a nasty streak and was a terrible captain.
    Get rid for 20 million and re invest.
    Nobody in the prem is gonna want him for that price though as fellaini has a clause of 24m.
    Shame

• 76 Indian Magpie // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Ever one is overrated but Pardew

• 77 Indian Magpie // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Every

• 78 expatmag // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Jon

If Cabaye is so over rated, what makes you think anyone would pay 20 million quid mate?

Time to be realistic

• 79 expatmag // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Morning Mark

Same old negativity on here…………lol

• 80 jimmysmith // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Ash should buy Darlo and set it up as our academy. That’s potentially a Championship Club and a perfect level to season our quality younguns.

He’d probably get it for an onion bag of those fitta’s that don’t fly right that he flogs, an ill fitting 100% polyester original Sports Direct kit and if they push him hard a set of genuine pleather Mitre boots (11 pairs max).

• 81 Markaccus // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Expatmag

Yeah i have learned to filter the negativity out…. although if i do that too much it gets lonely here :D

• 82 expatmag // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Mark

Well, I am new to posting on here but I have been reading Eds blog with interest since Hughton was sacked.

I get a lot of amusement out of sme of the comments.

Next thing, they will be accusing me of being Pardew…..lol

• 83 Markaccus // Jun 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Ah well in that case….

EXPATMAG OUT!

NEW BLOGGER IN!

HATE! BILE! OFFENCE! ABUSE! INSULTS!

ET.C

• 84 expatmag // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM

or even worse……..

being accused of being a mackem interloper

• 85 Markaccus // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Oh yes. That classic.

“People who dont agree with my opinion must be makems”. Tragic.

• 86 WWYCD // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Didn’t Bony state he wanted CL football?

And another of our supposed targets Balde is close to a Palace move

• 87 expatmag // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM

WWY

I think the relevant word there is “supposed”

Nobody really knows who are our targets.

• 88 jonobbad // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Expatmag
    I personally don’t think we will. But that is the price bandied about on this blog so if we do get the offer then we should snap their hand off.
    Average player indeed.

• 89 TorqToon // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:05 AM

PARDEW OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just sticking with trend….! :-)

Morning gents!!

• 90 expatmag // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Dinner break here. Back later

• 91 expatmag // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Morning Torq

I am new on here but have followed your posts with interest.

Any further news at all?

• 92 Markaccus // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Later, expat.

Morning Mr Torq. How is life treating you today?

• 93 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Morning!

Any rumors these days? :)

• 94 JAMSHA // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Till The Nxt Topic Arrives enjoy this n feel the love :mrgreen:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0b50Q3xhqQ8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0b50Q3xhqQ8

• 95 Indian Magpie // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Pardew will go for Kevin Davies

He is an upgrade on Kuqi and has experience too Happy days :)

• 96 WWYCD // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM

expatmag
    No mate there’s plenty out there who will tell u they know who our targets are haha ;)
    Balde may not be a target though ur right…still seems to be very little work being gone from us probably because everyone in the board is on holiday…clearly deserve one after last seasons ‘success’

• 97 TorqToon // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Morning expat. Nice to have you hear. Always good to have new bloggers. It means all the negativity and same old boring posts haven’t scared everybody off.

Morning Mark! I am well sir. Enjoying some time off from work.

I’m not sure about you but this Andy Carroll rumour won’t go away. I’ve seen bony play a lot first hand and can’t see the major attraction. Yes he scores goals, but at a poor level. He is best suited as a loan frontman a la lukaku (imo) and I think we work best as a strike partnership, or a 3. Yes people truly dislike Carroll – either because he left us for Liverpool, and/or because of stigma attached to him solely being utilised as a hoof ball target man.

It may just be me, but I would take him back at the right price, and he would bring so much to our team and allow us to shift things and less predictable. He could play up with, and work well with cisse, or play as a central in the 3.

Of course we would need to bring in some wingers (at least 1 – Mr Mertens???!!!) and shift our coaching style to utilise them.

• 98 Markaccus // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Torq.. good good. We need you rested up so you can be back on the itk machine early in the window :D

On caroll… i think most people disliking the rumour of him returning are not thinking ‘carroll=hoofball’, they are thinking ‘carroll+pardew=hoofball’.
    I agree that a shift in coaching would resolve this fear.

• 99 lesh // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM

You can bet your boots that Llambias, he who’s more concerned with his budget, will drag any moves out ’til the last minute.

If any newcomers do arrive, it’ll be near or at the close of the summer window. He or they will arrive when the season’s in full swing, have missed the opportunity to train with the squad and get some pre-season games!

When will the clown realise that getting players in early is more important than saving some money by delaying the completion of deals!

The way he goes on is comparible with those with little money queuing up at Greggs for the unsold bread just before the shop closes for the day.

• 100 Graeme // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Ah, Torq, the kick in the bollocks is in the last line – “and shift our coaching style to utilise them”!!

Radical thinking mate and sooo long overdue. Maybe if we had a “Football Man” in charge, rather than a “Yes man” it could happen – it really needs to happen though.

Getting the right training / coaching staff, to fit the players we now have and the type of football they are capable of playing would be a huge step in the right direction!!

• 101 lesh // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Come on guys, roll up and see if you can be the hundredth to comment on this thread. Score 100 and win a prize to be treasured

• 102 mindshaft // Jun 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Carrolls asking West Ham for 100k a week by all accounts !

previous post: Cabaye And Debuchy Both Start In France’s 3-0 Loss To Brazil