Newcastle Target Not Coming – Signs New Deal

One transfer target who will not be arriving at Newcastle this summer is 21 year-old Andreas Weimann of Aston Villa, as news is just coming through that he has decided to stay at Villa and sign a new deal.

andreas wiemann

Andreas Weimann – signs new deal for Aston Villa

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert can be very persuasive,  and after managing to keep Villa in the Premier League essentially by using the Aston Villa youngsters, and shunning highly paid stars like Darren Bent, the Scot now wants to keep the good ones at the club and bring in reinforcements for next season.

We do think that Aston Villa will be much more competitive next season, and the fans did their part last season as they were right behind the manager and the players, despite it looking very ominous in January and February – and most of the season for that matter – that Villa could be relegated.

Andreas had just one year left on his contract,  and in addition to Newcastle, both Tottenham and Chris Hughton’s Norwich City were interested in the player.

The 6 times capped Austrian forward scored 12 goals in 38 appearances for Aston Villa last season,  and joined them four years ago from his home town club – Vienna’s Rapid Wien.

And news today that Newcastle will play their first pre-season friendly at Motherwell on July 12th, and the game at Fir Park is a short 12 days after the lads report back to training on Thursday July 4th.

So we have to think it will be a second eleven with several of Newcastle’s top youngsters who will turn out for Newcastle on that Tuesday.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• 89Norcal

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Looks like they had him sign in the custodian’s closet at Villa Park.

• NUFCarter

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:38 PM

So many are moaning including me about the lack of NUFCs transfer activity but Colin (cwarr07) on twitter is praising NUFCS ‘impressive transfer bussines’ because he has announced that NUFC have signed Douglas on a free and Wilfred bony. Is there any truth to to this?

• scout

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Bony m wouldn’t sign

• 89Norcal

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:41 PM

If Bony signs I will be supremely impressed.

Guess we’ll have to wait until July 1st to find the truth on Doulgas.

• NUFCarter

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:43 PM

To be fair people have emphasised the fact how he has been wrong in the past stating andy carrolls coming home and that Pardew will be sacked so I’m not really trusting this guy.

• 89Norcal

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Seleção Brasileira ?@BrazilStats 25m
    BREAKING – Thiago #Silva has accepted to lower his salary by 30% to play for #FCBarcelona ‘if’ #PSG agrees with them. [from Globo Esporte]

^ If this happens then we can forget about Sakho, he will stay at PSG if he can get the 1st team choice. Hopefully Douglas is for real.

• NUFCarter

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I would ignore my comment @2. It seems this guy is spouting bullshite once again.

• 89Norcal

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:47 PM

@NUFCarter

Think being an ITK can be risky like that, especially if you don’t ask the right questions at the right time.

Like that indykaila guy. He gets slag because of a few deals that didn’t happen, yet gets alot right as well. People can easily change their minds in transfer negotiations, nothing is done till it’s done.

• Barras

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:49 PM

95% of Cwarr’s predictions have failed to happen.
    I’m pretty sure he said he would de-activate his Twitter account if Gervinho did not move from Lille to Newcastle United, before he signed for Arsenal.

Cwarr has absolutely no inside information.

• 89Norcal

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Very well. Too bad, wonder why he even bothers.

• NUFCarter

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Yeah it is a hard one. He seems adamant that nufc have signed both Douglas and Wilfred bony but people on twitter and trusting him but there have been times where he has been right I gather.

• 89Norcal

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:52 PM

indykaila News ?@indykaila 2m

I hearing #NUFC ready to close deal. Non French. Incoming

• NUFCarter

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:52 PM

*aren’t trusting him.

• 89Norcal

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Where is Belfast? Would love to hear his input on these ITK’s 😆

• sparky55

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:57 PM

who’s doing the deals…aren’t they still all on holiday????

• NUFCarter

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Just call me mr ITK. From a reliable source NUFC have bidded for someone called Lionel messi of Barcelona.

• sparky55

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I keep on seeing the ‘In carr we trust’ t-shirt and can’t help but think you’d sell more if you had “In Pardew we divvent’ on the back

• Spoof

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:01 PM

If Douglas hasn’t already signed for that Russian side, then I would like to see him come, not too sure about Bony though, there is a lot of hype about him, and he does have an incredible goals record in the Dutch league, but it is the Dutch league, and yes some good talent has came from there, but so has just as much dross.
    Bony has been likened to Didier Drogba, what a load of rubbish, Bony does put his weight around as Drogba did, but to compare the two is like comparing chalk to cheese, Drogba could play, hold it up pass through to him when making runs, drop deep pulling men out of position, Bony doesn’t do that, his work like Cisse is solely in the box, and the only striker who I have seen who is slower than Bony is the loveable Mick Quinn, all Bony has is a physical presence, and due to being only 6ft tall, would he have enough for the premier league, I have my doubts, if you want a physical presence, you have got to go for Andy Carroll, and I’m not sure that I would want him either, give me PEA anyday of the week

• 89Norcal

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:03 PM

@NUFCarter
    nice try mate. We all know those talks fell through last season. Shame as Messi had even made the trip to Newcastle, I’m sure you’ll remember the photo of him sighted at St. James Park

• NUFCarter

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Who is actually a reliable ITK on twitter?

• Spoof

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:03 PM

89Norcal @14
    its in Northern Ireland m8, heh, heh, heh.
    Sorry, I couldn’t resist

• sparky55

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I’d take PEA every day of the week but PEA won’t take us…we need to keep it real lads…we’re not the attraction we once were 🙁

• 89Norcal

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:05 PM

lol TY spoof 🙂

• Spoof

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:06 PM

sparky
    have we ever been an attraction, I thought we had always been a laughing stock ?

• NUFCarter

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:06 PM

89norcal
    God damn. I even fooled myself that messi was coming to tyneside!

• sparky55

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I’m obviously older than you! 🙂

• sparky55

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM

there was a day young man…

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Aim for the ceiling and you end up on the floor.
    SPL side, Motherwell, are advertising a friendly against Newcastle United on July 16th as part of their pre-season fixtures.Kick-off at Fir Park is 7pm and admission is being advertised as £15, which suggests to us that this might be a first team friendly.A possible game at St. Mirren is also being reported on July 30th but this hasn’t appeared officially anywhere yet and there’s no indication of whether it would be a first team game or more of a reserves line-up.Newcastle are still announce their full pre-season programme, although games in Portugal plus fixtures against Blackpool .

• Spoof

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Sparky
    and I’m 110, lol

• santonthenewmaldini

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I am not sure signing Bony would work for us !We sort of need a proper striker who can bring others into play and hold it up etc Carroll and Long would be the 2 perfect strikers a mixture of pace and power !! Sign those 2 and a winger and we would be sorted!!

Douglas as well not to sure about signing him is he not a bit error prone? Plus if Colo stays he will not come here to sit on the bench and will probably want a decent wage

• 89Norcal

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:12 PM

@NUFCarter
    We all know Mashley wouldn’t buy Messi for a penny over 12m 🙂

santonthenewmaldini
    Brings up a good point. I think a real quality winger would bring far more anyways than just signing another striker. Cisse needs supply, not the lone striker type. I can live with Gouffran playing off him even.

• Ketsbaia9

Bony
    Ba
    Bony

• santonthenewmaldini

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:19 PM

@89 Norcal

Yeah I really like Gouffran actually feel that as a lone striker he would probably do better than Cisse think both of them easily could contribute about 30 or 40 goals between them next season if the service is better

Will be interesting next season if we do manage to keep all of our good players and they all come back 100% fit pretty sure Arfa , Marveux, Cabaye and Cisse kind of missed a good bit of pre season last year did they not?

Can personally see Sissoko, Debuchy and Mbiwa being able to dominate teams if they get used to the premiership

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Just stepped away from the blog for a while to watch the first two episodes of Hannibal, heard it got good ratings so thought I’d give it a go….what a good call it was 😉

Anyways, Spoof, I’m the killer of dreams and eternally arrogant bully who knows everything and knows nothing in seemingly perfect harmony. Contradiction? Wouldn’t be the NUFC blog without contradictions on a minute-by-minute basis 😉

Ibiza

I’ve fallen to the dark side, come join me, it’s not as bad as I thought 😛

• Ketsbaia9

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Team and squad for next season:

Krul

Anita
    Raylor
    Ba
    Siem De Jong
    Cisse
    Bony

We’d have some great options from the bench to change a game unlike Shola and Dan Gosling etc.

• Spoof

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Ketsbaia
    thats a lot of players for a lot of money, however it would be a bit cheaper if we only bought Bony once, rather that twice as you have ?

• 89Norcal

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:25 PM

@Kets
    Now we’re talking 🙂

@santonthenewmaldini
    I can’t remember bout Pre-season, luckily Deschamps is being careful with over playing our guys.

We lost quality late in the season with Sissoko out but I would like to see him alternating between a deep and advanced midfield position game to game, as he linked up very well with Cisse multiple times.

I suppose Cabaye does well enough as a deep lying midfielder but think he’s be more impact as a CAM. Then Marv could play LM if we are silly enough to not sign a winger.

I really have good feelings about next season. I realize I’m the only one 😀

• santonthenewmaldini

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:27 PM

@Ruddy

Yeah Hannibal is a fantastic bit of telly !Only 2 more episodes of the series to go!

• Spoof

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Ruddy
    you know yourself almost as well as we know you. lol
    Seriously though, if Hannibal was as good as my disrupted dream, there will be hell to pay !…….?

• Ketsbaia9

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:31 PM

There’s 2 Bony’s. We should go for both of them.

1 2 3 9