Team Spirit Still Rock Solid At Newcastle

Steven Taylor has been interviewed today,  and the local lad has told how the Newcastle squad is very much together and that they go out together,  and of course Fabricio Coloccini had the first team squad over for dinner at his place in May, and there were some great photos coming out of  that night in May – one is shown below.

fabricio coloccini house party

Colo and friends at party in captain’s house in May

There was a report in the Daily Telegraph when things were at their lowest in April, saying there was some friction in the squad, especially with the many French players – but that article has been discredited a number of times, and we suppose the Telegraph reporters are still banned from St. James’ Park for writing that stuff.

There’s nothing like putting the boot in when you are down.

Stephen Taylor had this to say in the local papers today:

“We have nights where we play pool together or go to each other’s houses. We sit and have food together and watch games on TV when we aren’t playing.” “There is always something like paint-balling or bowling.”

“It is good having nights like that because it brings the squad together.” “It is always good for the banter.” “We also go out for meals. At the end of the night we stick our credit cards in a bucket then pull them out one by one.”

“Whoever comes out last has to pay for the whole night.” (editor’s note – they can afford it) . “It’s all part of the banter.” “I am in charge of the music on a match day.” “I always ask the lads who they want to listen to.”

“We have a good little mixture. Pitbull and David Guetta are very popular.” “A few of the French boys have tried to take charge but they get knocked off straight away!” “They have to remember they are in Newcastle!” “We have lads who enjoy each other’s company and a bit of banter as well.”

“We always play pranks on each other in the dressing room.” “I think you need that to brighten up the atmosphere.” “You can’t always just have a serious head on, you have to try to make things different.”

“That’s what we do at Newcastle.”

When the new players come in this summer, good ones we hope, it will be important to quickly get them into the swing of things at Newcastle, but it seems from what Steven is saying, that the team spirit is still strong at Newcastle.

That’s very good to hear.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• DokToon

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:23 PM

better than the music or dinner or pranks, how about a top six finish this season? 🙂

• “Pitbull and David Guetta”

Oh dear.

OK guys, if it were your turn in the dressing room to put 1 track on before Kick off what are you putting on??

I’d go,

Joker and the thief – Wolfmother

Song gets me so pumped when i’m out for a run!

• Markaccus

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Dok

Only if they can fit it into their tight social schedule

Incidently, the O being next to the I on the keyboard almost made for an epically embarassing and offencive typo when i addressed this post to you!

• Markaccus

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Shane…

For me it would be something strong and heavy by Metallica. Sad but true maybe. Or if one of thier more modern ones, broken, beat and scarred.

James and the boys always put me in the mood when i played rugby.

• djm...

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Metalingus- alter bridge. Always gets me motivated in the gym which, admittedly, takes a lot.

• Markaccus

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:35 PM

When i typed “diktiin” into google it got lost 😀

• Tsunki

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Leaving party for Willo?

• Markaccus, awesome choice! I’m with you on that, something a bit heavy get’s me reet in the mood!

djm, I’m seeing Alter Bridge in November at Wembley, first time! Can’t wait!!

• toon kk

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Hope they play as well on the pitch next season as they seem to off it!!!

• DokToon

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM

marc, wouldnt be the first time its happened, 🙂

me, and the appendage are easily confused, lol…

• DokToon

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:42 PM

when i work out, its usually 12 to 16 ounce curls… followed by me tucking a dollar bill down into her… oops, i mean i listen to iron maiden while pumping soem iron!!

• stretchintoon

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Another day & still no signings although fresh rumours about auyebang (i know thats not how you spell it),his agents been in touch with newcastle..apparently

• Markaccus

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Shane

I had a sheltered childhood, hidden from the heavy metal scene. Was introduced to it in 97 at the age of 19. As a result of this late intro, i am now 36 but without much time or money outside of family comitments and watching rugby, i have not been to any rock concerts, gigs or festivals, with the exception of Meatloaf. (Who actually put on a cracking show). I am determined one day to make all this right.

• Markaccus

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Stretch

His name is Perry Eminates A-Boomarang

• DokToon

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM

shane, if im picking one song to amp me up, its gotta be 5 minutes alone, by pantera…

• rainrix

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Saylor doesn’t have a good taste in music, not surprising really. 🙂

• Tsunki

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I am afraid its very old school black sabbath and deep purple mk 2 and other stuff through to Foo Fighters (sort of a winding down process) and Radiohead. I even wound down to a bit of Civil Wars ha ha but for laughs I would go for ‘Mutter’ by Rammstein or ‘ Centipede ‘ by Knife Party – I can see the boys in that picture getting up and doing a crazy juiced-up conga round the table to that one, now that would be team work. 😀

That was desert island discs featuring Tsunki

• Dok, actually never heard of Pantera!? Will check them out now!

Markaccus,

Never too old fella, never seen meat loaf but always here rave reviews! I just missed out on Bon Jovi tickets recently, spent all my money on a few other gigs including Bowling For Soups farewell tour, if you don’t knbow them, they’re not really worth a listen, I was just reet in to them in my teens! haha.

Have a listen to Joe Bonamassa, Bluesy Rock artist, absoloutely amazing live!!

• santonthenewmaldini

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Just hope now Pardew is back at his desk he is going through the horror shows of re runs of some of our games and lets hope he learns his lessons as even though it was a shocking season we did play some decent stuff in some games especially when the players arrived in January :

Vs Reading – 1st half we were excellent should have been 4 nil up best players Anita , Marveux and Cabaye all subbed we lost the game!!!

VS Villa – 1st half we were awesome they got a lucky penalty we panicked!!

VS Chelsea – Went toe to toe with a top 4 team some of our play that day gave me such a buzz they had good chances as well but it was so open and thats what made it enjoyable

VS Southampton – Another very open game but we did dominate them for about 60 minutes of the game

VS Spurs – We were very unlucky Walker should have seen red for his tackle on Gouffran which would have changed the game in our favour at 1 -1

VS Swansea – They had a good spell in the 1st 20 minutes then we totally bullied them until they scored that fluke goal!

It was after the Wigan game where the injuries started to mount up and we took a few defeats and went out the Europa if Pardew can get us playing most games like the Chelsea and Southampton games were we pressed high and broke with power and pace aligned with a few other pacy players brought in then we could do well next season

For me I honestly think he wants to play a good brand of football but panics when its not going well and then resorts to plan B which is hoof it to Shola if we end up with no Williamson or Simpson at all this summer then the only hoofer left is Krul so maybe just maybe we might get it right…..

• Markaccus

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Shane. I will do some googling later and have a listen.

Tsunki.

Nowt wrong with the classics, fella. Ozzy still rules. His latest album was surprising, appart from that bs with kelly.
    She is clearly a product of his drug ravaged system!

• DokToon

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM

shane, if you like really heavy music, youll love them, check out the album, vulgar display of power, or if you prefer a live album, 101 proof live, great southern trendkill is my favorite… drag the waters and floods are two great tracks…

• tequilamag

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Santonthenew. Krul a hoofer ? I wish. Great goalie but he has a feeble kick. Lucky if he can hit the half way line.

• DokToon

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM

santon

spot on there for the most part… i think pards gets excitable like a teenager seeing his first tit, and immediately pulls his shirt out to cover up, and turtles up… with a lead, we should conitnue to attack and press, not sit back and hope.. the best defense is a great offense, and we have that, when used properly…

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Most of Hans Zimmer’s music gets me pumped like.The guy is a genius and his film soundtracks are amazing. Two of my favorites from him are :

And

• santonthenewmaldini

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM

@tequilamag

I thought a hoofer was someone who just launches the ball in a hit and hope manner rather than actually to a man?

Krul is the worst for this his kicking is shocking and what makes it worse is we always seem to pass it back to him!!

• Vask

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Police Ba$tard by Doom.

• tequilamag

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Santon, yeah his kicking is pretty poor but it is something he needs to work on. All Keepers have to be able to kick as it`s an elementary part of being a footballer. TBH the only place I ever heard the term hoofball was on this site. Pretty sure it was a term invented by people to have a go at Pardew with. Shay Given was pretty bad as well but he did improve as the years went by.

• lesh

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:17 PM

A pre-tunnel piece? Do ya wanna dance – El Rayo X.

• AndyNUFC

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:18 PM

For a pumped up, jumpy atmosphere, the NUFC dressing room can do no better than the Geordie anthem, Let’s Get Ready to Rumble by PJ & Duncan.

• Munster Mag

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Bent ??? Surely not ??????

• toonarmydownsouth

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Metallica
    St. Anger!!
    Pumped right up!!

Not sure if this stat reflects highly on santon or shockingly on the rest of the team……..

@NUFC_Stats: No NUFC player had a better shooting accuracy in the top flight this season than Davide Santon – 85% #nufc

• WWYCD

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Ain’t no sunshine – DMX if it is good enough to get Anderson Silva pumped am sure it would get our lads up for it but each to their own

• WWYCD

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    Neither imo it’s a nothing stat I’d say. He didn’t take many shots in comparison to others

• Mister Tuff

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:39 PM

NEWSFLASH.
    New signing????? He’s wearing black and white but please no he is the master of hoofball. Link:-

• DokToon

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM

mr tuff…

DAMN YOU!! i just spit my cofffee all over my desk… wasnt expecting that…

• Mister Tuff

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM

dok – I think he could be a star in the derby.

• Markaccus

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Tads

St anger is not my faveorite album. Bad production. However i do like sweet amber and some kind of monster off it.

• Joe Blog

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I reckon they play “I Just Don’t Know What To Do With Myself (or anyone else, especially that clot Tiote)”, before they go out, judging by how they play.

• Markaccus

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I should add that as well as bad production, there is also the fact that lars ulrich seems to be bashing an empty water tank all the way through.

• DokToon

Jun 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM

frantic is a great track marc