The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Carroll’s £46M Decision In Five Days – Getting £2M Payoff From Reds

1:36 am, Sunday, June 16th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 48 Comments

Andy Carroll is due back from his Florida vacation (that sun is dangerous in the summer months on the Peninsula) and West Ham manager Sam Allardyce is om vacation at his Spanish Villa, and big Sam expects a decision from Andy within five days.

y carroll west ham

Andy Carroll – getting £2M payoff from Reds – he was successful there?

West Ham will pay 15M plus give Andy a six-year deal at £100K/week – which is an improvement on what he was getting at Liverpool and about four times what he was getting at Newcastle, before he moved to Liverpool, where he was not a success – dare we mention.

This is what big Sam told the Mirror from Spain:

“We are both out of the country but most of the negotiations are done, and the financial agreement between us and Liverpool is in place.”

“It’s about communicating with Andy and his agent between London, here in Spain where I am and Florida where Andy is.” “I’ve no real need to speak to him over his decision.”

“I’ve spoken to him enough times so he knows what I think and it’s up to him.” “He’s back in the next few days so we should have a definitive answer by the end of next week.”

We just don’t understand how West Ham can afford that kind of money for Carroll – a £15M fee and £100K/week on a six-year deal – that’s £46M over the six year contract – that’s if Andy stays at West Ham through all six years – when he will be 30.

Maybe West Ham are banking on money they have not yet received from the Premier League, like the massive payoff which is anywhere from £60M to £100M for each PL club next May – thanks to the massive new TV deal.

That’s the way Freddy Shepherd used to pay out those massive transfer fees for ordinary players, when he was Chairman of Newcastle from 1997 through 2007.

And the Mirror is reporting that Liverpool will be giving Andy a £2M golden handshake, as a pay-off, since the Geordie lad never asked to leave Anfield – that’s good money if you can get it.

With Newcastle not in the race to sign Andy, we think the 6’3″ striker will take the deal and get £100K/week on a six-year deal – and oh yes – take the £2M from Liverpool.

What would Andy now be receiving if he been a success at Liverpool?

Not as much as he’ll be getting at West Ham.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Andy Carroll · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

48 responses so far ↓

• 1 JP...from The Rock // Jun 16, 2013 at 2:07 AM

For such a mediocre player he sure has been lucky to be earning so much.

• 2 Charlietoon // Jun 16, 2013 at 2:08 AM

first and drunk

• 3 Charlietoon // Jun 16, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Booooo lamo

Anyway yeah he was worth a lot to us because he was a home town hero but he was never going to command that respect elsewhere unless he dominated. Lets face it he is injured a fair bit but when fit is good for a goal every game and a half. Someone needs to whisper in his ear and tell him that he didn’t live up to the 80gs a week he got at liverpool so how he can ask for a pay rise is beyond comprehension

• 4 Novocastrian66 // Jun 16, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Carroll is not mediocre, by any definition of the word.

• 5 Starman // Jun 16, 2013 at 2:27 AM

He gets 10% of the Transfer Fee, which is £15.5, plus Lfc got £2mill for the loan, and WHU paid his wages(80%) so Lfc are happy to get close to £20mill for him. We ducked a bullet not signing him.

• 6 mrkrusjon // Jun 16, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Carroll personifies the word mediocre! An old fashioned good honest forward who works hard and chases everything to make up for the lack of natural ability. Value 7mil. How he can be getting that wage at west ham is beyond me.

• 7 gonz // Jun 16, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Haven’t commented on this blog for ages, but still read it daily and one thing really bugs me that I need to get off of my chest and that’s these fools that believe these ‘so called ITK’s’ and really hang on to every word they say, as if it were gospel! Trust me, you fools out there, NO ONE KNOWS WHO WE ARE AFTER BESIDES THE NUFC BOARD, MANAGER and SCOUT(S)!!!!! I see this Hazzy fella is at it, and I’m not trying to just pick you out, but you’re just the most recent who is out here feeding some people BS. After many years of reading, contributing on this blog I can guarantee that not one person who claims to know who we are after ever be correct. NOT ONCE! Phewww! Just needed to get that off my chest cos it’s something I hate going through every year.

• 8 p // Jun 16, 2013 at 5:03 AM

gonz, I don’t think you picked the best time of day to post a declaration.

As for me, you preaching to the choir.

• 9 JAMSHA // Jun 16, 2013 at 5:56 AM

why bother about him.. he isnt comen hea…. any news about our targets?

• 10 Moe // Jun 16, 2013 at 5:57 AM

gonz – lol agreed, no offense but 95% of those just making things up or getting them from “very trusted inside sources”

As for Carroll – as much as I really wanna see him back in NUFC, his price tag and list of injuries make me think its a bad deal.

My priorities are:
    1- striker (or shadow striker); Remy would fit perfectly for me.
    2- Winger who can dribble and CROSS since we got none atm. I don’t count HBA since he’s injured 75% of the season.

• 11 cyprus // Jun 16, 2013 at 6:17 AM

It could be that West Ham see Andy as a good investment, a player who is young and can only improve. Just because he can help break stubborn defenses with long balls (see hoofball) does not make him a poor player in other suspects. On the contrary. Good luck to you Andy and well done.

On Cabaye, I’ve already said, would take the 20 mil. and run. When I stopped, would buy two 10 mil. speedy, exciting wingers, which is what we don’t have – at all.

• 12 89Norcal // Jun 16, 2013 at 6:18 AM

West ham are out of their damn minds.

• 13 cyprus // Jun 16, 2013 at 6:19 AM

“in other suspects.”
    in other respects

• 14 IITianToon // Jun 16, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Refer to http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/clubs/profile.squads.html/newcastle

You will note here that we have 15 non homegrown players , which becomes 16 this year as Santon no longer satisfies the U21 bracket. Which effectively means, we have 16 non HG players.

This leaves space for just 1 non HG player. So in order to get a senior striker, CB and winger from outside Europe, we need to sell 2 of our 2 non HG player.

1 obvious sell candidate is Gabby Obertan. Who is the other?

• 15 eaststandgeordie1982 // Jun 16, 2013 at 7:31 AM

What percentage do we get when he is sold???

• 16 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM

When is WHam due to pay back Sheff Utd the £25M they owe them???

• 17 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Slow news week!

…but I see we are once again writing about some Liverpool player going to WHam ;-)

• 18 sparky55 // Jun 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM

West ham must be mad….Now Pulis has no job there’s only two teams in the premiership would even entertain the thought of having a player like carroll on 40k a week never mind 100k a week…and unfortunately that’s us and west ham.

Allardyce only knows how to play one way and if they have a sh!it season next year and Allardyce get’s sacked, they’ll be saddled with huge debt and player they would have to sell to someone on the cheap but no-one would want him because the rest of the Premiership try to play football, unlike us.

Carroll is a dinosaur from a by-gone era…and the fact Pardew is even considering him makes my stomach turn.

The only good thing is if he did buy Carroll at this early in the window, it would start a chain of events where most of our talented players would up and leave…so if we don’t buy him there’s a chance pardew can convince a few to stay.

Buying Carroll would be statement of intent that would start a revolt so hopefully Pardew is not that stupid but hey…we’ve all seen he is that stupid so we’ll just have to wait and see.

• 19 jeff // Jun 16, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Uh is this related to nufc at all?

Nope thought i was on westham blog for a sec

• 20 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Okay I’ll start on the news or hopes for next season.

…I am counting on Gos, Sammy and Fergy going out on a whole season loan next season! Maybe even Tav and Ginger as well.

Abeid, Alfi, Ober, Perch and Willo might be moved on. I would move Raylor on as well if he wasn’t injured.

Discuss!

• 21 jimmysmith // Jun 16, 2013 at 8:33 AM

100,000 quid a week and a 2 million quid pay off, I dips may lid to ya Andy. More power to ya!

• 22 blew // Jun 16, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Another daily episode on AC, desperate journalism.
    I will now turn to one of the daily episodes on Cabaye.

• 23 tequilamag // Jun 16, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Good morning Jesper, agree with nearly all that except I would give Perch a new contract. We are losing a few UK players already Simm Harper maybe Williamson . We have to have 8 British or homegrown players in the squad so It is going leaving them a bit thin. I appreciate you think British players are over valued but if we a truly strong squad I think we need to be upping the quality of the British players.

• 24 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Morning Tequila!

…I would love for to develope more British talent in the future; the homegrown rule is there to stay!

…I often wonder why we so bad at bringing forward young talent? Maybe Perch would get a new deal who knows!

I do think British talent is overprized for most parts, but I would love for us to buy the next Nick Powell for £3.5M :-D

• 25 tequilamag // Jun 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I think we wil have a better idea at the end of the season who well our youth development is. Fergie Tav still have a lot to prove, Fergie has the better chance of the two but they both need to be playing regularly. Inman did well last season and again needs to be playing regulaerly. Newton and Dummet did well but they have not signed a contract yet and if they did would go out on loan. Sammi and Vuckic need to gout as well to be playing reularly. So we do have quite a few players who have a lot to prove this season. how many if any will show our youth development .

• 26 Graeme // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Dont understand the point of this; AC is a liverfool player, on loan to WHU, who have negotiated a transfer deal for him. Exactly what has this got to do with us??

I’m much more interested in hearing about players we are actively pursuing or interested in – I don’t think AC fits either and hope he never does.

• 27 Newcastle for alltid // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:06 AM

IF we were to sell Cabaye. Not saying that I believe what’s in the papers, but IF we sell him, how much money do you guys think we could get for him?

• 28 lesh // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:20 AM

The Mirror’s reporting Tiote as taking legal advice over the Wonga matter!

Now wasn’t he the one who just last week was saying how much he wanted to stay at the club?

Time to get the bandwagon ready for the road?

• 29 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Lets see how many players go out on loan next season; I am not holding my breath.

…and about bringing in young expensive British talent there isn’t much point in it if they won’t get much playing time here and we are reluctant to let them go out on loan to clubs who can develope them.

My biggest wish for next season is a complet rewamp of out youth and coaching setup.

• 30 pbandj // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM

the 100,000k is just a rumor… There is no way in hell anyone would be dumb enough to offer andy carroll that kind of money.. not even big sam.

• 31 tequilamag // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Yeah I was thinking more of bringing British players who have experience. But really there is not too much out there and what there is usually stupid money.

• 32 lesh // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM

But surely there can’t be any malcontent over Wonga and any religious, moral or ethical issues or potential conflicts? I’m confident that Llambias will have carried out an impact assessment on the effects of the deal, before it was ratified?

• 33 lesh // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Not much out there? Tequilamag, what about Bent, Cole? Top drawer players in their prime!!!!

• 34 tequilamag // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Bent would be an upgrade on Shola but I would still want someone a bit better. I would take Milner back if we could get him cheap but I think that`s a bit unlikely. Been talk of Defoe being allowed to leave.

• 35 jonobbad // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Wish he would just hurry up and sign for them.
    Typical headlines for this blog.
    Carroll going to west Ham?
    Cabaye going to Monaco?
    Transfer story with Ed talking about ‘cool cash’
    There you go done, take a day off ed.

• 36 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM

But all three of them would want big wages and how do one look our star players in the eye while they are on less, but are much better.

…I don’t care for experience I want some one who is hungry and will give me something now (I have no use for what they have done once) But hungry young inexpensive British talent don’t seem to grow on trees.

I don’t have the solution, but for me it is not Bent, Milner or Dafoe!

• 37 Greebol1892 // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM

This has NOTHING to do with NUFC. Send it to a Hammers webpage ffs.
    Will these AC articles EVER cease??????
    Gimme a break ….. *yawn*

• 38 Munster Mag // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM

He’s worth that, just. €15 for a young player who is an international and a very unusual player who is hard to play against. West Ham are showing ambition to get a player that was hitting good form, and suits their managers style down to the ground . Will we play 15 mill for the right player? We’ll see…..or will we buy players at discount – more concerned about their sell on value, than their suitability to the manager or team?

• 39 tequilamag // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Just thinking out loud Jesper, don`t have the answer either.

• 40 Munster Mag // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Have been off blog for a few days. Any gossip from Torq??

• 41 JAMSHA // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM

NXT TOPIC…. ITS SO FKN BORENG

• 42 John Tudor // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM

next topic an aztec bar

• 43 Graeme // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Just an idle thought – maybe if we did buy AC then Pardeiu could “Improve” him into the CB we need, which would also give us a bit more threat for corners and free kicks??

• 44 lesh // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM

jonobbad, John Tudor and any other malcontents….. there are other NUFC blog sites if you’d rather look elsewhere!

Better still, why not start a blog yourselves and put in the hours that Ed and his son do?

• 45 scout // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:21 AM

We have a lad there proven in the Premiership, wants to sign, 20 million clear profit and we can’t compete with west ham over wages. Tell you what, this club is only going in one direction.

• 46 Rotonda heights // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Stubborn defenses love long balls all day long. It’s tricky guys running at them with skill and speed on the ground they hate.

WHU are truly stupid to pay Carroll 100K a week for an extremely injury prone, non-prolific goal scorer. Yes he’ll score a few from set pieces and head away a few corners before he inevitably gets injured again and with his off field lifestyle he’s not a quick healer.

WHU will finish mid-table, no more. There’s only so many hopeful flick-ons for Nolan you can do.

It’s not just WHU who are looking to finish mid-table. Pardew openly doesn’t want Europe and doesn’t take the domestic cups seriously either. Criminal with the squad we have.

• 47 Rotonda heights // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Scout

We would be totally moronic and stupid to pay Carroll 100k a week. Imagine who we could get on those wages

Wolfshead

Same as Pardew lovers will never see he is a dud living off one good season and can never provide any answers.

• 48 Chris // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM