Newcastle Make First Signing – Young French Striker

There’s news coming through that Newcastle United have made their first signing of the season, and he’s 16 year-old striker Olivier Kemen.

olivier kemen    -vous-raconte-son-parcours_96149

Olivier Kemen – 16 year-old striker form FC Metz

The 16 year-old has signed from FC Metz and he turns 17 next month, and will be part of the Youth Academy at Newcastle and the Development squad – we assume.

He’s already played three times for the French U17 side, and previously played for the France U16 side, and we are trying to find out more about him.

Here’s an interview the lad gave on Foot Mercado last December:

“I started football at age 8, in La Garenne-Colombes *. Then, at age 14, I went to the Elite 14 in ACBB ** and at the end of the season, I got recruited by FC Metz.”

“I had other proposals, such as Lyon, but the project of FC Metz has seduced me. Today I am doing my third year at FC Metz. I play midfield. I take my athletic strength to reach a certain power.”

“I’m not clumsy with the ball and try to improve in its use. Alex Song is a player I like a lot because it is very powerful and it is good on the ball with a good view of the game.”

“The distance from my family and school and sporting requirements were sometimes a difficult challenge to overcome.” ” It was not easy.” “The structure, coaches, educators, Director, Head of Studies, helped me to move forward.”

“But today, I really feel good progress and be on the right track. The atmosphere at the center is positive. I have the soul of a leader I am trying to implement on the ground.”

“I help new and I’m listening to the experienced players. “For now, I’m had a very good start, I play 19 national, I meet the requirements of the coach and it allowed me to taste the joys of the France team .”

“I would like to sign a professional contract at the end of the season and continue my progress, and of course proudly wear the blue jersey. I think the FC Metz has a very good fan following, more than 7,000 spectators average is not bad.”

“A lot of clubs in L2 would love to be this busy – I know I’m still young, but I feel I am able to meet this challenge “

* La Garenne-Colombes is a community in the northwestern suburbs of Paris.

** Athletic Club de Boulogne-Billancourt or A.C.B.B. is a French sports club based in the suburbs of Paris in the commune of Boulogne-Billancourt.

*** The Coupe Gambardella (Gambardella Cup) is a French football cup competition held between the U-19s of the French football clubs, organized by the French Football Federation.

olivier KEMEN 00

16 year-old Olivier Kemen – smile you’re on Candid Camera

And he says in the above interview he’s a midfielder and likes Alex Song, the former Arsenal player who is now at Barcelona, but he’s down as a striker everywhere we have found information on him.

Olivier will quickly find out that Newcastle have a much bigger and more passionate fan base than FC Metz, and it looks like he’s signed his first professional contract at Newcastle, rather than at Metz.

Let’s hope Olivier can be a big success at Newcastle, and we need some young players coming through to the Newcastle first team – we assume we’ll soon hear something official on this maybe tomorrow.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Tsunki

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Great thats the boots kept nice and clean then.

• jonnyshaw85

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Has this been cleared by Joe?!?!

• Slatymag

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Let’s wait for gambling debt rumours.

Maybe Kinnear spewed up in Sports Direct on a pyramid of Lonsdale trainers and couldn’t pay the damages.

It’ll all come out in the wash.

And if it doesn’t Percy has some cracking tips from watching QVC.

• gonufc (not Arf' bad)

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Wow, ‘Joe’s got to work quickly!

• wolfshead@toon

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:34 PM

ffs its a meaningless job anyway just ashley feeling sorry for him

• gonufc (not Arf' bad)

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:34 PM

While he was manager Kinnear bought Lovenkrands, Nolan and Ryan Taylor (Can’t think of any more.

Which of this glorious transfer history qualifies him in a job which purely signs players?

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM

The regime balances out the JFK news with the summer’s big signing.

• Toonacious T

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Tsunki- nice quote- I think we are in the pits trying to get out. Thought it was very telling that (A) JFK is talking about finding out what is his total budget for transfers from MA next week, I.e. he has happily jumped at the job without javing that confirmed in advance (B) he doesn’t
    know what Pardew or Carr see as main targets but he thinks he knows better anyway! (C) He is already floating the idea of generating a transfer kitty from sales and only then going after signings. I find all of this very worrying indeed.

• Yorkgeordie

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Ashley is hoping Pardew will resign and this will save having to pay him off. JFK will them step in , which is the plan all along IMO.

• Slatymag

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM

That’s me done for a bit. Going to retreat to the real world for a while.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I can see Pardew will be gone by end of week

• gonufc (not Arf' bad)

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Ahh, thinking of Ashley I’m reminded of that famous Wilde quote:
    “We’re all in the gutter but some of us just keep p!ssing on everyone else”

• AndyNUFC

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Gonufc, lovenkrands, Nolan and Raylor were very good players for us, what are you getting at?

My only worry is his history of pronouncing our french player’s names…

• hotdog

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM

My my my. I’m astounded at pretty much every sentence in kinnear’s statement. Can’t wait to hear Pardew’s take on events. This club is officially mental!

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I fear this kid won’t last long. Doesn’t look as though he can kick it far enough.

• Mister Tuff

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Anybody who knows anything about football will raise their eyes about JK being back at SJP. There is absolutely no footballing logic/credibility behind this appointment. It surely can only be a device to sicken Percy -resulting in him resigning. They’ll be at each others throats – it cannot endure at all. A sad, sad day for Toon fans.

• Stevenage Magpie

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I think everybody likes Pards a little bit more than they did this morning haha

Also I’m not liking this new wave of Toon fans that have come through now. When I was younger everybody supported this club no matter what happened, through thick and thin, for better for worse! Toon Army for life! All this “I’m done with this club” crap is total bollocks. Mackams deser their club when things get tough, not us!.

• Schwefelberg

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Only Mike Ashley could ruin next season two months before it starts.

• yo-yo

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Is this a joke ?
    A VERY SICK JOKE ?

• Schwefelberg

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Is Mr. Ashley’s PR office in Stevenage?

• wolfshead@toon

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM

stevenage

ur right its utter bollocks in here sometimes

• yo-yo

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I’m looking forward to Bills-sons reaction.
    Onc step forward three steps backward

• eaststandgeordie1982

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM

A boycott furst home game would make him listen i know people will still go but if the gate was between 10-20k he would sh1t hids pants if we could do that for the first 3 games he will have to do something he cant afford not to.

• Toonacious T

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Agreed on that one. I can’t stand MA, DL, AP or JFK but I will keep following the team but I will need to see MA part with some of his money for transfers before I put any of my money into the club. If the net transfer spend is close to zero then I will not be putting my hard earned cash into the club.

• stuart no9

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM

so – we have a new manager. unfortunately hes worse than his assistant , haha, god help us next season- it just gets worse !

• Barras

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:01 PM

“Just for the record I have never managed a club that has been relegated” – Joe Kinnear.

This is a complete dig at Alan Pardew. I cannot see these two working together with each other.

Also, Joe Kinner said it is ‘my job, MY JOB’ to go out and ‘find’ players and then ‘sign’ them. Is anyone else drastically frightened by this?

I just do not think Kinnear knows anything about the European football markets. So if we sign players they are all going to be British from now on. if not, then I think it is clear that Carr still calls the shots on signings, meaning Kinnear will just pretend he does, in order to justify to the fans, why he is getting paid a large salary by his dear friend Mr Ashley.

• stuart no9

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM

why why why didnt they just sack pards at the end of the season ?? oh i forgot, 8 year contract . pards is a gonner, JFK takes over – we still get relagated . mad

• gonufc (not Arf' bad)

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Barras – massively frightened by that. Massively. Think we’ll be getting tall skinheads from now on.

@AndyNUFC – my point was they were all chuggers who did a decent job for us at the time but none are particularly long term or especially talented or ambitious.

I’m worried about this if he has any power and embrarrassed about it if he doesn’t.

• oldbobaycliffe

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM

stevenage magpie i,m sorry but you can,t be that old because over the years it happened quite often when the club slipped to the level it is now fans stayed away in their thousands

• Barras

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM

@gonufc

After trying to evaluate that in my mind, I think Joe Kinnear will rarely have any say on who we sign. I think Ashley just wanted to hire a friend […] yet again.

Most signings will be inspired by Carr’s findings not Kinnear’s. But what does it really matter, when we have the Grandmaster of Hoofball and his blind-folded apprentice instructing our old and new players how to play violent hoofball?

• wynsleap

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Stevenage Magpie @17
    You say that when you were younger everyone supported this club whatever happened?
    After fifty odd years of solidly supporting and attending this club I remember when fans DIDN’T take things lying down and went after the regimes like Westwood and McKeag with a nasty vengeance. Consistent mass demos outside the ground were enough to get rid of such buffoons at the Toon.
    You say you don’t like this new wave of Toon fans coming through that moan? It’s the wave of current Toon fans who take every kick in the teeth that Ashley gives them and come back for more that I can’t abide.
    They remind me of those poor kids who get abused physically and mentally by their drunken fathers but who cling to them for love because they are frightened of any alternative.
    Stay away – two consecutive games without fans would embarrass Ashley beyond belief. OK he may have your money for tickets already but he wouldn’t like the bad publicity for himself and particularly his beloved Sports brand.
    As for those saying give Kinnear a chance – will you be saying the same thing when the next dickhead comes along at the head of this club?
    I often think the fans at Newcastle get what they deserve.

• Markaccus

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Be careful what you wish for,
    you just might f**king get it.

That is all. Goodnight.

• jasper

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Curious this should be “announced” on on Sunday evening by JFK personally, no-one in sight from NUFC and that it’s still not on nufc.co.uk……….

• Toon-Prodigy

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Kinnear:

“I know I’ve got more knowledge than anyone at Newcastle as a football manager.”

I tell you what, If I was Pardew, I’d be ringing his neck after that comment. Very very disrespectful considering he only spent 5 months here.

This clown makes us a laughing stock. He is a tool.

I get the feeling this man has been spouting crap since he left Newcastle and has been “begging” Mike Ashley for a job here since then. Those are very desperate words from a desperate man. I would not trust the bloke as far as I could throw him. Obviously this is the crap he has been spouting to Derek and Mike over his time away from the club. The more I read it, the more I think Derek and Mike have gave him a job to shut the prat up.

To think he has came in and ultimately tried to belittle everyone at the club is a total disgrace. I don’t believe for one second this man is going to be able keep quiet in the background. This man is talking as if he is going to be the next manager, and he has took this role because of it.

Makes my skin crawl this bloke. The board have did us no favours what so ever here.

I do hope it works out, but can’t help but think this is going to lead to trouble.

• eaststandgeordie1982

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM

We need to do something im sick now we need to keep the ground as empty as we can for a couple of games its not hard to do yes hes got my money already im happy for him to have if it means i get the last laugh when theres hardly anyone in the ground just to see his fat face.

• DarkSideofTheToon

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:26 PM

If ever there was any doubt about Ashley’s ambitions for the club then surely there cannot be any more?

• Tsunki

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:30 PM

no its not a nightmare after all its real. Oh.

• stuart no9

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM

i say – boycott – boycott – boycott- lets get our club back on track . enough is enough.

• numba9

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Mike Ashley is the biggest joke in football he you can call it that these days I would definately knock his head off if I ever saw him he doesn’t love the club like us nowhere near even liking it. Wonder what sir bobby thinks of this joke they are making of his proud club

• Ben-Arfa11

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I awoke from a sleep and went onto newsnow like i usually do everyday just to see the latest news on newcastle and then i see this tripe on it that joe kinnear is set to return to the club i honestly thought i was still asleep i needed to shake my eyes for a while as i thought i must be hallucinating but unfortuntly not.

this guy cant even pronounce words properly he was interviewed on sky sports news and it started off and he was trying to say dereks last name but he couldnt he didnt know how to hahahahahhaha so he just said mike in the end before he was laughed at the interview was basically all about him and about how amazing he is and what a great manager he is and he will deal with all transfers etc if this is a quick ploy to get rid of pardew without paying him money then get rid of joe for a well payed effort of getting rid of a manager then great then we can get a very good manager then mike ashleys plan would be master class but if it isnt and its me thinking that joe kinnear will be back managing the toon then this is seriously really fuc*** up man i really really love my club i followed them since i knew what football was but this is getting very disgusting indeed and makes me think of the new season as like just fu** it whats the point its just going to be another pointless season for the toon.

atleast us toon fans can stick together thats all we have now to be honest.

also this guy might of brought in nolan and ryan taylor but he also made shay given leave a complete legend at the club because lets face it who would want to play when kinnear is manager

if pardew does get sacked and kinnear is joined expect our technical gifted players like ben-arfa to leave etc

oh wait got to go on joey bartons twitter im sure there is something about this on his twitter i gurrantee it ha i wonde what he will say ha