The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Make First Signing – Young French Striker

9:25 pm, Sunday, June 16th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 108 Comments

There’s news coming through that Newcastle United have made their first signing of the season, and he’s 16 year-old striker Olivier Kemen.

olivier kemen    -vous-raconte-son-parcours_96149

Olivier Kemen – 16 year-old striker form FC Metz

The 16 year-old has signed from FC Metz and he turns 17 next month, and will be part of the Youth Academy at Newcastle and the Development squad – we assume.

He’s already played three times for the French U17 side, and previously played for the France U16 side, and we are trying to find out more about him.

Here’s an interview the lad gave on Foot Mercado last December:

“I started football at age 8, in La Garenne-Colombes *. Then, at age 14, I went to the Elite 14 in ACBB ** and at the end of the season, I got recruited by FC Metz.”

“I had other proposals, such as Lyon, but the project of FC Metz has seduced me. Today I am doing my third year at FC Metz. I play midfield. I take my athletic strength to reach a certain power.”

“I’m not clumsy with the ball and try to improve in its use. Alex Song is a player I like a lot because it is very powerful and it is good on the ball with a good view of the game.”

“The distance from my family and school and sporting requirements were sometimes a difficult challenge to overcome.” ” It was not easy.” “The structure, coaches, educators, Director, Head of Studies, helped me to move forward.”

“But today, I really feel good progress and be on the right track. The atmosphere at the center is positive. I have the soul of a leader I am trying to implement on the ground.”

“I help new and I’m listening to the experienced players. “For now, I’m had a very good start, I play 19 national, I meet the requirements of the coach and it allowed me to taste the joys of the France team .”

“I would like to sign a professional contract at the end of the season and continue my progress, and of course proudly wear the blue jersey. I think the FC Metz has a very good fan following, more than 7,000 spectators average is not bad.”

“A lot of clubs in L2 would love to be this busy – I know I’m still young, but I feel I am able to meet this challenge “

* La Garenne-Colombes is a community in the northwestern suburbs of Paris.

** Athletic Club de Boulogne-Billancourt or A.C.B.B. is a French sports club based in the suburbs of Paris in the commune of Boulogne-Billancourt.

*** The Coupe Gambardella (Gambardella Cup) is a French football cup competition held between the U-19s of the French football clubs, organized by the French Football Federation.

olivier KEMEN 00

16 year-old Olivier Kemen – smile you’re on Candid Camera

And he says in the above interview he’s a midfielder and likes Alex Song, the former Arsenal player who is now at Barcelona, but he’s down as a striker everywhere we have found information on him.

Olivier will quickly find out that Newcastle have a much bigger and more passionate fan base than FC Metz, and it looks like he’s signed his first professional contract at Newcastle, rather than at Metz.

Let’s hope Olivier can be a big success at Newcastle, and we need some young players coming through to the Newcastle first team – we assume we’ll soon hear something official on this maybe tomorrow.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Development · Newcastle Academy · Newcastle News · Newcastle U21 · Newcastle Youth · Transfer News and Rumours

108 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Great thats the boots kept nice and clean then.

• 2 jonnyshaw85 // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Has this been cleared by Joe?!?!

• 3 Slatymag // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Let’s wait for gambling debt rumours.

Maybe Kinnear spewed up in Sports Direct on a pyramid of Lonsdale trainers and couldn’t pay the damages.

It’ll all come out in the wash.

And if it doesn’t Percy has some cracking tips from watching QVC.

• 4 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Wow, ‘Joe’s got to work quickly!

• 5 wolfshead@toon // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:34 PM

ffs its a meaningless job anyway just ashley feeling sorry for him

• 6 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:34 PM

While he was manager Kinnear bought Lovenkrands, Nolan and Ryan Taylor (Can’t think of any more.

Which of this glorious transfer history qualifies him in a job which purely signs players?

• 7 FollowFollow // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM

The regime balances out the JFK news with the summer’s big signing.

• 8 Toonacious T // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Tsunki- nice quote- I think we are in the pits trying to get out. Thought it was very telling that (A) JFK is talking about finding out what is his total budget for transfers from MA next week, I.e. he has happily jumped at the job without javing that confirmed in advance (B) he doesn’t
    know what Pardew or Carr see as main targets but he thinks he knows better anyway! (C) He is already floating the idea of generating a transfer kitty from sales and only then going after signings. I find all of this very worrying indeed.

• 9 Yorkgeordie // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Ashley is hoping Pardew will resign and this will save having to pay him off. JFK will them step in , which is the plan all along IMO.

• 10 Slatymag // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM

That’s me done for a bit. Going to retreat to the real world for a while.

• 11 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I can see Pardew will be gone by end of week

• 12 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Ahh, thinking of Ashley I’m reminded of that famous Wilde quote:
    “We’re all in the gutter but some of us just keep p!ssing on everyone else”

• 13 AndyNUFC // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Gonufc, lovenkrands, Nolan and Raylor were very good players for us, what are you getting at?

My only worry is his history of pronouncing our french player’s names…

• 14 hotdog // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM

My my my. I’m astounded at pretty much every sentence in kinnear’s statement. Can’t wait to hear Pardew’s take on events. This club is officially mental!

• 15 FollowFollow // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I fear this kid won’t last long. Doesn’t look as though he can kick it far enough.

• 16 Mister Tuff // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Anybody who knows anything about football will raise their eyes about JK being back at SJP. There is absolutely no footballing logic/credibility behind this appointment. It surely can only be a device to sicken Percy -resulting in him resigning. They’ll be at each others throats – it cannot endure at all. A sad, sad day for Toon fans.

• 17 Stevenage Magpie // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I think everybody likes Pards a little bit more than they did this morning haha

Also I’m not liking this new wave of Toon fans that have come through now. When I was younger everybody supported this club no matter what happened, through thick and thin, for better for worse! Toon Army for life! All this “I’m done with this club” crap is total bollocks. Mackams deser their club when things get tough, not us!.

• 18 Schwefelberg // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Only Mike Ashley could ruin next season two months before it starts.

• 19 yo-yo // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Is this a joke ?
    A VERY SICK JOKE ?

• 20 Schwefelberg // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Is Mr. Ashley’s PR office in Stevenage?

• 21 wolfshead@toon // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM

stevenage

ur right its utter bollocks in here sometimes

• 22 yo-yo // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I’m looking forward to Bills-sons reaction.
    Onc step forward three steps backward

• 23 eaststandgeordie1982 // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM

A boycott furst home game would make him listen i know people will still go but if the gate was between 10-20k he would sh1t hids pants if we could do that for the first 3 games he will have to do something he cant afford not to.

• 24 Toonacious T // Jun 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Agreed on that one. I can’t stand MA, DL, AP or JFK but I will keep following the team but I will need to see MA part with some of his money for transfers before I put any of my money into the club. If the net transfer spend is close to zero then I will not be putting my hard earned cash into the club.

• 25 stuart no9 // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM

so – we have a new manager. unfortunately hes worse than his assistant , haha, god help us next season- it just gets worse !

• 26 Barras // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:01 PM

“Just for the record I have never managed a club that has been relegated” – Joe Kinnear.

This is a complete dig at Alan Pardew. I cannot see these two working together with each other.

Also, Joe Kinner said it is ‘my job, MY JOB’ to go out and ‘find’ players and then ‘sign’ them. Is anyone else drastically frightened by this?

I just do not think Kinnear knows anything about the European football markets. So if we sign players they are all going to be British from now on. if not, then I think it is clear that Carr still calls the shots on signings, meaning Kinnear will just pretend he does, in order to justify to the fans, why he is getting paid a large salary by his dear friend Mr Ashley.

• 27 stuart no9 // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM

why why why didnt they just sack pards at the end of the season ?? oh i forgot, 8 year contract . pards is a gonner, JFK takes over – we still get relagated . mad

• 28 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Barras – massively frightened by that. Massively. Think we’ll be getting tall skinheads from now on.

@AndyNUFC – my point was they were all chuggers who did a decent job for us at the time but none are particularly long term or especially talented or ambitious.

I’m worried about this if he has any power and embrarrassed about it if he doesn’t.

• 29 oldbobaycliffe // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM

stevenage magpie i,m sorry but you can,t be that old because over the years it happened quite often when the club slipped to the level it is now fans stayed away in their thousands

• 30 Barras // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM

@gonufc

After trying to evaluate that in my mind, I think Joe Kinnear will rarely have any say on who we sign. I think Ashley just wanted to hire a friend [...] yet again.

Most signings will be inspired by Carr’s findings not Kinnear’s. But what does it really matter, when we have the Grandmaster of Hoofball and his blind-folded apprentice instructing our old and new players how to play violent hoofball?

• 31 wynsleap // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Stevenage Magpie @17
    You say that when you were younger everyone supported this club whatever happened?
    After fifty odd years of solidly supporting and attending this club I remember when fans DIDN’T take things lying down and went after the regimes like Westwood and McKeag with a nasty vengeance. Consistent mass demos outside the ground were enough to get rid of such buffoons at the Toon.
    You say you don’t like this new wave of Toon fans coming through that moan? It’s the wave of current Toon fans who take every kick in the teeth that Ashley gives them and come back for more that I can’t abide.
    They remind me of those poor kids who get abused physically and mentally by their drunken fathers but who cling to them for love because they are frightened of any alternative.
    Stay away – two consecutive games without fans would embarrass Ashley beyond belief. OK he may have your money for tickets already but he wouldn’t like the bad publicity for himself and particularly his beloved Sports brand.
    As for those saying give Kinnear a chance – will you be saying the same thing when the next dickhead comes along at the head of this club?
    I often think the fans at Newcastle get what they deserve.

• 32 Markaccus // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Be careful what you wish for,
    you just might f**king get it.

That is all. Goodnight.

• 33 jasper // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Curious this should be “announced” on on Sunday evening by JFK personally, no-one in sight from NUFC and that it’s still not on nufc.co.uk……….

• 34 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Kinnear:

I tell you what, If I was Pardew, I’d be ringing his neck after that comment. Very very disrespectful considering he only spent 5 months here.

This clown makes us a laughing stock. He is a tool.

I get the feeling this man has been spouting crap since he left Newcastle and has been “begging” Mike Ashley for a job here since then. Those are very desperate words from a desperate man. I would not trust the bloke as far as I could throw him. Obviously this is the crap he has been spouting to Derek and Mike over his time away from the club. The more I read it, the more I think Derek and Mike have gave him a job to shut the prat up.

To think he has came in and ultimately tried to belittle everyone at the club is a total disgrace. I don’t believe for one second this man is going to be able keep quiet in the background. This man is talking as if he is going to be the next manager, and he has took this role because of it.

Makes my skin crawl this bloke. The board have did us no favours what so ever here.

I do hope it works out, but can’t help but think this is going to lead to trouble.

• 35 eaststandgeordie1982 // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM

We need to do something im sick now we need to keep the ground as empty as we can for a couple of games its not hard to do yes hes got my money already im happy for him to have if it means i get the last laugh when theres hardly anyone in the ground just to see his fat face.

• 36 DarkSideofTheToon // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:26 PM

If ever there was any doubt about Ashley’s ambitions for the club then surely there cannot be any more?

• 37 Tsunki // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:30 PM

no its not a nightmare after all its real. Oh.

• 38 stuart no9 // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM

i say – boycott – boycott – boycott- lets get our club back on track . enough is enough.

• 39 numba9 // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Mike Ashley is the biggest joke in football he you can call it that these days I would definately knock his head off if I ever saw him he doesn’t love the club like us nowhere near even liking it. Wonder what sir bobby thinks of this joke they are making of his proud club

• 40 Ben-Arfa11 // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I awoke from a sleep and went onto newsnow like i usually do everyday just to see the latest news on newcastle and then i see this tripe on it that joe kinnear is set to return to the club i honestly thought i was still asleep i needed to shake my eyes for a while as i thought i must be hallucinating but unfortuntly not.

this guy cant even pronounce words properly he was interviewed on sky sports news and it started off and he was trying to say dereks last name but he couldnt he didnt know how to hahahahahhaha so he just said mike in the end before he was laughed at the interview was basically all about him and about how amazing he is and what a great manager he is and he will deal with all transfers etc if this is a quick ploy to get rid of pardew without paying him money then get rid of joe for a well payed effort of getting rid of a manager then great then we can get a very good manager then mike ashleys plan would be master class but if it isnt and its me thinking that joe kinnear will be back managing the toon then this is seriously really fuc*** up man i really really love my club i followed them since i knew what football was but this is getting very disgusting indeed and makes me think of the new season as like just fu** it whats the point its just going to be another pointless season for the toon.

atleast us toon fans can stick together thats all we have now to be honest.

also this guy might of brought in nolan and ryan taylor but he also made shay given leave a complete legend at the club because lets face it who would want to play when kinnear is manager

if pardew does get sacked and kinnear is joined expect our technical gifted players like ben-arfa to leave etc

oh wait got to go on joey bartons twitter im sure there is something about this on his twitter i gurrantee it ha i wonde what he will say ha

• 41 Novocastrian66 // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Divvent worry man lads. After all our “historic” gates are back. We might get the old West Stand back, the half built Leazes end and the Gallogate End with trees growing at the back.
    I’m gob smacked.

• 42 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM

@ Toon Prodigy – did he really say that? I heard him say on the radio that he knew more about signing players and several other things than anyone else but didn’t know he said that.

Might not be too keen on Pardew but that is unacceptable.

What an (undeservedly) arrogant idiot.

• 43 Jail for Ashley // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM

For all those who claim Ashley learns from his mistakes without any shred of evidence that he does this should provide the proof that he clearly doesn’t and anybody who thinks it could be a genius plan to make Pardew walk is just as a low a character as Mashley.

• 44 archaeomag // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Did I wake up in different dimension WTF is going on
    Hands up the ITK who spotted this one

Affordable football sponsored by W@nga directed by J*F*K – all bets are off.

• 45 jimmysmith // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Joe F@cken Kinnear, Llambias, Pardew, Ashley and Wonga, what decent footballer would get involved with that shower. No really, I can’t see us getting anyone worth having in now.

I feel like I’ve been sexually assaulted.

• 46 AndyNUFC // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Ben-arfa11 Kinnear did not make Given leave the club, it’s out of order to make such a ridiculous thing up.

• 47 numba9 // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Kevin Keegan should be the director if any body jfk knows sweet f a

• 48 Fostino // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM

this is a joke. a disgraceful decision and already joe in behaving unprofessionally, ringing sky sports boasting about his new job.

mike should read the following articlehttp://www.football365.com/f365-features/8770332/Porto-The-Real-Champions-Of-Europe

• 49 AndyNUFC // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Ben-arfa11 even if he somehow did do that, which he didn’t, it was a great move for us.

• 50 Ben-Arfa11 // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Of course he left because of this dope.

liverpool 5 newcastle 1 could of been 10-1 he probably said to himself why am i at this club this is not the club when sir bobby robson around we appointed a manager who was around when wimbledon was around in the premiership he must of thought what the heck is going on here just like now what the heck is going on with this club i can see people wanting to leave over this crazy decsion it just baffles the mind

• 51 Fostino // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM

mike should read the following article

• 52 Taking the Papiss // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I am genuinely gob-smacked.

I am one of the minority that didn’t mind the direction MA was taking and frankly the players that we have been bringing in are high quality with good ability. Now there is no way I can reconcile that with Jo Kinnear. I especially do not know where this leaves Graham Carr…

We can all now put two and two together and it is fairly obvious where the bent recommendation has come from.

Also I do think it is a case of careful what you wish for – pards on his own would be better than this…

The only thing I am holding on to is that club haven’t confirmed and even though I know that this won’e be a total lie, I hope that crazy interview he has just given will mean they reassess.

• 53 Schwefelberg // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM

There is only one way this can end.

DISASTER MAN ASHLEY has done it again.

• 54 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:58 PM

These are sad times :-( really sad times!

…I am gonna go and cry myself to sleep! Night all!

• 55 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 16, 2013 at 10:58 PM

gonufc (not Arf’ bad)

From Ed’s previous article.

“I’ll sit down with Alan Pardew and talk to him about the strengths, weaknesses and what we need to be successful,” “I know I’ve got more knowledge than anyone at Newcastle as a football manager.”

Then he went on to say “that’s not being disrespectful”.

This bloke will personally try to take all future success or credit this club may recieve. Watch this space.

“It’s all about him”.

• 56 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Wonder how long until JFK’s name Tourette’s kicks in with the squad?
    Oi yoham cowbouy tell cheque titty to stay back ffs he needs to offer protection for codnchipsy and yankmy beadsa!
    Bushy and hairdryer attack the flank you tw@’s
    Catp1ss sissy get in the effin box you lazy tart

Happy days to come on Tyneside……

• 57 northernirishtoon // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Has anyone heard the full full interview with kinnear on sky

Oh my god!!!!!

A PR disaster if I ever seen one

I actually feel sorry for pardew as he has been undermined big time by a complete idiot of a man

I suppose the one thing to come out of all of this is that at least dekka has no control of the transfers any more which I suppose is a plus

• 58 manxpie // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:04 PM

benarfa11 he didn’t even get his first name right he was calling him david!!

• 59 Schwefelberg // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Pardew must walk in front of the cameras and comment on this. How can like it? It’s impossible. It places him in a ridiculous position.
    But for his pay he’ll play Laurel alongside Hardy.

• 60 Tsunki // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Constructive Dismissal, gentlemen, Constructive Dismissal. Goodnight

• 61 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Common Pards do a Keegan and walk :-D

…that would really show MA for that he is – deluded beyond comprehention!

• 62 woodsee // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM

It gets worse lads,ive heard there starting to sell jellied eels at the ground,and the team will now be runnin out to,my ol mans a dustman

• 63 manxpie // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:09 PM

plus he didn’t even know if pardew was on holiday or not i’m hoping he’s been on the plonk all day and thought he’d wind us all up! still very strange its not officially been announced by the club but then again it ain’t officially been denounced

• 64 AndyNUFC // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Given was an easy target for City who gave him mega wages. He done absolutely nothing after leaving us except give Harper a chance and allowed Krul to develop.

Loved him as a player, but if Kinnear was responsible for him going then it was a good call.

Also Lovenkrands was a great servant and got us promoted with Nolan who became our captain and Raylor stepped up as a utility cornerstone and is still the only player with a delivery.

• 65 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:12 PM

What are NUFC even doing letting this idiot speak to the media? Especially after the nonsence in his last tenure? Do they think this is a joke?

What an absolute embarrassment. From top to bottom.

• 66 woodsee // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Have to say when you hear joe talk,it sounds as if senile dementia is settin in

• 67 AndyNUFC // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:14 PM

He is outspoken and passionately defends the club, is Kinnear not a better idication for Llambias to stay away from messing up transfers?

Crazy appointment but we needed the structure in place.

Could be worse, could be Dennis Wise.

• 68 south coast toon // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:15 PM

w t f is going on surely the marshons have taken ashley away, pards has got to jack now surely, you couldnt dream this stuff up, the acid boffins have really been at it this time, are there alot of talented footballers at the teretts centre j f k could sign with his insider knoledge my god the loonys that own us have lost it big time, well messi get on that fing f****ng plane u ct and fly f**n over fing ere ubasturd and sign for us u tozzer …….ye right mr kinear

• 69 woodsee // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Joe must also be a glutten for punishment,surely he must of known this wouldn’t go down well

• 70 Barras // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I am cracking up at some of these posts. I don’t think I can support Newcastle United seriously anymore. Satirical support is the best I can offer.

• 71 yo-yo // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:18 PM

At least we know the calibre of the man in whom Mike Ashley is entrusting the club.

Says much much mnore abiout Ashley and his decision making than it does about JFK.

And he did get relegated with Luton

• 72 scout // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I guess this proves you can be a billionaire and still have a pea sized brain.

• 73 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM

He sounded bad enough on the radio when he was saying he never everything there was to know about transfers and signing players…. At least pretend to have some humility!!

It’s almost like he feels he has to justify him getting this strange new position…..

• 74 nick_9 // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM

He has already stepped on Pardews and Carrs toes with his comments. The man is a walking oxymoron and has already embarrassed himself making comments that are not even true regarding him and relegation and where we was in the league when he left.

I though our fans become a bit lifeless last season under Pardew but now we have wonga, kinnear and speculation about cabaye and so on leaving. Dread to think what the atmosphere will be like next season if we dont have a good summer and the result or football is bad. Not a fan of Pardew in the slightest as i don’t think he is good enough but Joe Kinnear? f*** **f

• 75 woodsee // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I only hope hes got xtra strong batteries in hes pacemaker,imagine if were getting beat 3 0 by the makems again at home,the abuse he will get,hes bloody chest will explode

• 76 stuart no9 // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM

who can organise a full scale boycott ? right at the start of the season so we have plenty time to creep back up and avoid relegation .( just for those anti boycott demonstrators )

• 77 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM

*saying he knew

not never!

• 78 hotdog // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Does seem strange that the club site is quiet. Maybe Joe just got his meds mixed up :-) here’s hoping.

• 79 yo-yo // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Andy

JFK did ‘demote’ the manager in one of his previous incarnations as Director of Football and take over as manager himself.

What is the Toon coming to ?

• 80 scout // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Anyone remember the scene from father ted when he rings the Vatican I have visions of that when Ashley’s office phone rings.

• 81 woodsee // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Barrass son ,if you aint got a sense of humour supportin the toon,you will end up in the nuthouse

• 82 yo-yo // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Come on lads at least we really do know now how ambitious Ashley is for the club – the jury is out no longer.

• 83 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:23 PM

@hotdog – I can only guess that Kinnear, in his excitement about getting given a job by his mate, has jumped the gun and rung up sky for some attention.

Ludicrous situation in every way.

• 84 woodsee // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Anyway it all adds up now,isnt Kinnear that puppet on the Wonga adverts

• 85 nick_9 // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Thank god we did not sack Pardew because i’ve seen little suggestion that Ashley is a good judge of character when it comes to hiring football managers, i dread to think who he would have appointed…… probably joe kinnear. Things just aren’t the same anymore under this lot

• 86 Graeme // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I would imagine the backlash from this will reverberate for some time to come.

The players potentially about to sign will run a mile, disillusionment will hit our current players and Pardew will be even less effective than he was last season.

The fans?? Well, they have 2 choices – turn up, like muppets, as usual – or just stay away. If the home fans do not turn up for the first 4 or 5 games of the season, it will cost Ashley an absolute fortune. He will have no choice but to re-think his actions!!

• 87 santonthenewmaldini // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:30 PM

What is happning!!???I have just woke up from a heavy night of bouncing to the Stone Roses in Glasgow to wake up to this shit??!?!

The only thing that could stand in good stead is people slating Kinnears record in management well Graham Carr was hardly a great manager either but makes a good scout!!I actually think Kinnear could be the buffer between finance and football that we need ?

Pardew to say what he needs , Carr to find it , Kinnear to speed up the process rather than have Llambas offer silly bids could be a dream team? I am being optimistic maybe i am still wasted??!

A 17 year old striker that we have signed well lets hope that we dont waste his career like Abeid’s loan him out right away!!

I have a funny feeling that next season we will announce a decent signing by next weekend but could also mean that we have sold someone as well……

• 88 Taking the Papiss // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:30 PM

And some people thought we’d get Rafa Benitez….at least I have been vindicated on that front!!!

• 89 woodsee // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:30 PM

The plot thickens,Joes first signing will Charles Insomnia

• 90 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:32 PM

This regime never ceases to amaze do they?

Just when your looking forward to an eventful summer, after a horrific season. Expecting some good re-building and hoping lessons have been learnt from, BANG!!

In comes the next bombshell and latest gamble, coupled with the latest disgraceful PR disaster.

How much more..

If we are aiming for stability, how about actually keeping the club stable for more than 10 minutes instead of rocking the foundations with monumental decisions.

Ahh, my heart.. You have to laugh, you just got to.. As painful as it is.

• 91 scout // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Probably got a bet with someone that he can make 100 million from selling players

• 92 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:34 PM

@woodsee – just like last time you mean?

• 93 stuart no9 // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:36 PM

graeme —– the problem we have at newcastle is – since last year when idiots fell for the 10 year tickets deal , they would feel robbed if they boycotted a few games, so instead of looking at the bigger picture and sacraficing a few games to make the club better ” in the future” they would rather watch crap all season so they dont lose a minute of the quality footy on offer – pathetic.

• 94 hotdog // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Well I’m off to bed. Lets hope the club release a statement saying Joe has gone a bit mental. Or Joe phones sky in the morning and tells them ” we’ll you lot wrote a load of cra*p when I was at Newcastle, I thought I’d feed you some more”

• 95 Barras // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM

@woodsee

I totally agree. Mike Ashley may be in the pharmaceutical business. This would explain why he is so determined to push all Newcastle United fans to the nearest psychiatric ward.

• 96 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Oh,

And best of luck to this young lad. Welcome to Newcastle!

• 97 Toon-Prodigy // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:53 PM

*Hollywood

• 98 rossrich // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Already set my mind on relegation next season. At least that way I can get the puffy eyes and the pain of disaster out of the way before the season starts :(

• 99 toonluvva // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Does Ashley have a cunning plan?

He appoints a real gobsh!te (IMO) in Joke InHere.

Joke InHere really pi$$es Pardew off, forcing him to resign. Bingo! no need to pay out 7 years of contract. Ashley and Pardew will come to some sort of compromise, but it’ll be way less than he could have got.

Ashley sacks Joke InHere when the inevitable slide starts, having only to pay a max of 3 years wages.

Drinks all round I think Dekka.

Thats the good news, having got shot of Joke and Pardew, he brings back a dwarf to manage the team.

• 100 manxpie // Jun 16, 2013 at 11:56 PM

stuartno9 plz stop with ya boycott crap!!
    tell me when its happened before under all the crap thats happened in ashleys n halls reign??
    and then tell me where its happened at other football clubs?
    and then actually worked?

• 101 lesh // Jun 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM

And still nowt about this on the NUFC website, neither confirmation nor denial. Has Joe jumped the gun?

• 102 NUFCarter // Jun 17, 2013 at 12:12 AM

So joe kinnear has come in thinking he’s boss. I can see it now director? Nah he will get down on that training and tell Pardew what he should do better, you will see him on the bench at matches giving all the players tips on how to play the game, he will Make the substitutions and he will he inviting Ashley and llambias over for dinner. He’s gonna be all over NUFC every aspect of it, and I actually feel it a bit sorry for him.

I can imagine he’s thinking the fans love that he’s back and everyone feels sorry for him.

I will be absolutely gutted if/when Pardew gets sacked because it is guaranteed that kinnear will step in and take charge. Guaranteed!

• 103 NUFCarter // Jun 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM

*actually feel a bit sorry for Pardew not him.

• 104 Mister Tuff // Jun 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM

toonluvva @99 -already suggested that as as cunning plan earlier on. Hows’ about this for cunning plan -version 2.
    Fat Joe has said he is responsible for hiring and firing. Get the idiot to come in and then sell some of our best players -then when the slide starts everybody can blame him.

• 105 NUFCarter // Jun 17, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Toon Luva

Absolutely spot on!!
    Is that dwarf going to be Dennis wise?

• 106 NUFCarter // Jun 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM

At least because we’ve got joe as director of football before the window means we are definetely going to be buying some players this summer. Doesn’t it?

• 107 Mister Tuff // Jun 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Joe and his new assistant (yet to be announced) pictured celebrating their good fortune.

• 108 elpaso_geordie // Jun 17, 2013 at 12:26 AM

most annoying thing for me is Kinnear insistence that we didn’t take to him as he wasn’t a Geordie ………. no mate its cos your incompetent

boils me pi$$

previous post: Joe Kinnear Returns To Newcastle – Will Have Final Say On Transfers

next post: It’s Hard To Think Kinnear Will Bring More Stability To Newcastle