Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s father acts as his son’s agent, and today he has said he would favor a move to Monaco, and that there has been a lot of interest this summer in his son, who is Newcastle’s number one striker target.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – father wants move to Monaco
The player turns 24 on Tuesday, and of course Monaco are making the news this summer having just been promoted back to the Premier league in France, and they have so far spent £110M on three new players.
But they are being funded by their Russian Billionaire owner Dmitry Rybolovlev, who bought the club in late 2011, and it’s not money the club has brought in as revenue.
We’re like a broken record, but wonder what UEFA President Michel Platini will do about Monaco and other big spending clubs, because the Financial Fair Play Rules say clubs must soon balance their books, and only spend money the club makes.
And while that may be strange for football clubs – it’s what real businesses do – balance their books and only spend what they make.
And recent news is that Monaco may also be lining up a bid for Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye.
This is what Aubameyang’s father told RTL:
“Much of the Germany talk is true, but proposals come from everywhere.” “I believe that we will be able to continue the discussions.”
“Monaco? If they come see or see me directly, it is clear that there will be an exchange with them.” “When you see the Monaco project, they will be a serious competitor of PSG.”
“This kind of club will be successful in a year or two. That is what I am now looking for my son.”
Aubameyang was on loan at Monaco in the 2010-2011, season when he played 19 times and scored two goals, and the club were still in the French first division, so they should know his play quite well.
Aubameyang has played 32 times for Gabon with 11 goals and he joined St Etienne in December of 2011 from AC Milan, and then he was sent on loan to Monaco.
And at St. Etienne he has played 96 times with an impressive 41 goals, which explains why so many clubs are after him.
With big money involved, it’s hard to think that the 23 year-old will be coming to Newcastle this summer, but the local press two days ago said he was still our number one striker target.
We have our doubts – but what do you think?
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:
You can also reach Ed at email@example.com