The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Pardew – Great News – I’m Delighted with Joe’s Appointment

10:53 am, Monday, June 17th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 46 Comments

Joe Kinnear is Irish and he’s a good talker – he has that famous gift of the gab – and he’s been interviewed many times over the last eighteen hours or so, and as usual Joe is giving his views on everything, and he has told the Evening Chronicle that Alan Pardew was delighted when he learned that Joe was to become the Director of Football at Newcastle.

alan pardew stern unsmiling

Alan Pardew – after hearing about Joe’s appointment – just kidding

Joe said Alan was delighted he was getting a world-class Director of Football working alongside him.

Just kidding.

But this is what Joe really said:

“Before I had a meeting with Mike, Derek said he’d informed Alan, and Alan said ‘Great news – I’m delighted with that. At last I’ve got somebody who’s a football guy’. “Derek told me he’s had a long talk with Alan, and explained that I’m coming in as director of football.

“Llambias is going to go on the finance side and anything to do with football is coming my side.” “I am going to be delighted to be working with Alan.”

“I saw Alan as a player – he was a heck of a player – and we bumped into each other a couple of times when he was West Ham manager.” “We always bump into each other at the Manager of the Year awards.”

“Last year I was at the awards when Alan won it.” “I said ‘congratulations, but you have to get two more to catch me!” “We are very open-minded and good with each other.”

“I have the utmost respect for him and I cannot see any problems between the two of us.” “I am not the type of guy who causes problems for the sake of it. I want the best for all of us.”

You may love or hate Joe Kinnear, and we don’t know what he’s going be like as Director of Football – but we hope he does fantastically well for the sake of the club.

But you cannot argue that Joe isn’t a character, and things will hardly be dull on Tyneside, and he’s always been very complimentary about Newcastle.

We’ll get some comments together that he made about the club when he was manager – but it was the biggest club he ever managed by far – and he often went into raptures about the club and its fans.

We think he truly wants to make Newcastle great again – we hope he’s really successful in that quest.

Do You Want Joe Kinnear As Newcastle's Director Of Football?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Howay The lads!!

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours

46 responses so far ↓

• 1 TALKOFTHETOON // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Arrogant t**t

• 2 Toon Cat // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Three signings in a week is the only way to soften this hammerblow!!!

• 3 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM

DembaDemba, From Previous,
    He tells it like it is?

He either has serious mental issues or is a chronic liar. He said both Owen and Butt had agreed new long term deals, neither had. He claims to have never been relegated, he was when manager of Luton. He claims he had to flee Nepal where he was national team manager because the Crown Prince shot the King and Queen. The Crown Prince did shoot the king and Queen, but in 2001, 14 years after Kinnear had left.

He will fit right in…

• 4 jeff // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM

would like to see this lineup next season

krul

debuchy coloccini mbabu yanga-mbiwa
    tiote
    raylor jonas
    sissoko
    carroll bent

• 5 jeff // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM

mbabu has the making of a cracking cb. watched him a bit on youtube. got dat pace and tackles

• 6 geordie157 // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM

still in shock about this appointment, but instead of moaning about it I’ll wait until September before judging. It may well actually help us as lambias clearly is not good at getting players in.

• 7 GeordieDan // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM

“I saw Alan as a player – he was a heck of a player ”

Dear God if that is what he thinks of as a “heck of a player” then who the fu*K is he planning on bringing in?

He’ll probably not remember their names anyway. :(

FFS I’m beyond depressed. Why will this cockney cun* not just sell OUR club and f**k off back under his rock?

I’d love nothing more than 5 minutes in a ring with Mike Ashley!

• 8 geordie157 // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Signing tom ince this week would be a good start.

• 9 GeordieDan // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:09 AM

jeff>

Carroll and Bent up front? The crack you smoke must be stronger than JFK’s pal.

• 10 foggonridiculous // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Well …ANOTHER second coming…but no messiah this time…..

It’s kind of turning into a horror film now

” Newcastle United and the curse of the Killer Cockneys”

I was pleased Joe got over his heart problems – until we got this news.

Ideally Joe will realise he is way out of his depth and go back into retirement, but that’s gonna’ take something like a cartoon 50 ton weight to fall on his head to get through…so we can forget that.

One day we WILL get our beloved club back…until then the comedy continues….

…Next instalment we get a half-man, half-fish goalkeeper

• 11 GeordieDan // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Plus Raylor and Jonas as a central midfield pairing?

-When Raylor is out injured for the next year and Jonas would still be only slightly faster than him!

Genious that like. Does that come direct from JFK also?

• 12 magpie6699 // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I must admit when I heard the news that Kinnear was coming back I assumed they would make him into the team coach – you could remove his teeth and put 35 luxury seats in!

• 13 magpies // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM

jeff u must b crazy werz cisse cabaye benarfa nd y mbabu atleast douglas n al rava hav marv den jonas n wez goufran comon mate u mus b havin a laff. u can put jonas der jus because he got energy he runs alot das da only reason i like him ova den da dno wats gon rong wiv him.n dey shud start leting anita play or atleast get him on as sub hes a talented player ol of ajax youngters are talented. dint spend 6mil 4no reazon.

• 14 TALKOFTHETOON // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM

More ludicrous comments from Jeff

• 15 Ginger // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM

jeff

Kets 2.0

• 16 magpies // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM

well atleast he will change der playin style comon we shud b hapy we are atlast going to play some football not rugby

• 17 jeff // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM

magpies. speak in english please.i first learnt my native indian tongue then mandarin then english.and still i speak better than u.

what do you not like about ryan taylor. he got fight and spirit.who won vs the scum?over the wall

• 18 Tommyy // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Everything he says makes me even more angry. I can’t take it so I’n giving up until they’ve all done one and left. The guy hasn’t got anywhere near the credentials needed for this role.

• 19 magpies // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM

cisse is a realy good striker jus needs abi of help trust me if he wz in any ova good team or top team peopl wudv sed hez 1 of da best

• 20 Mr Funk // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Has anyone noticed that MA never hires anyone foreign for the management team since Jimenez, always English too?

• 21 DevonToon // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM

My fav quote so far… Kinnear “On the other side, if we see things that we believe are not Newcastle, and not good enough for Newcastle, then I will shift them” so ul be resigning with immediate effect then joe?

• 22 Belfast // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Kinnears football is even worse than Pardews. So I don’t see whats going to change on the playing style front lol

• 23 Indian Magpie // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Sack pardew

• 24 mjlewisuk // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I keep reading people’s views that this is an appointment to force Pardew out. I’m not buying this – as far as I see it, JFK is here to take the flak. Ashley has hired someone thick skinned and balshy to take the bulk of the attention from the press. As someone has previously said, he’s more of a football man than Llambias, so maybe this will be a good thing. I think really it’s neither good or bad – maybe by everyone being up in arms it’s already worked, I bet everyone’s feelings towards Pardew have improved in the past 24 hours…

• 25 mjlewisuk // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Ha – could have timed that better than directly below Indian’s comment!

• 26 Indian Magpie // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Derek llambias will now take the role of a magpie on Club’s Emblem!

• 27 jeff // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:19 AM

why indian magpie?JUST WHY

i thought because we where indian.we would think the same.dont you know the strength in any good relationship is time.we must give him time.he has only been here a short while.the wily fox can weave his magic again

• 28 Lilongwe Geordie // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Jeff is just trolling, ignore him.

Another of Joe Kinnear’s fibs, he claims to have won Manager of the year 3 times. He won it in 94, the LMA Manager of the year, and that is it. The bloke takes Pardews delusions of grandeur, and then multiplies it.

• 29 GeordieDan // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM

jeff>

He’s got a smashed knee! He can’t play. You know what an ACL is right?

• 30 Ginger // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM

It’s sad that I have to lower my standards to confer with a troll. Anyhow, this is your following lineup?

krul
    debuchy coloccini mbabu yanga-mbiwa
    tiote
    raylor jonas
    sissoko
    carroll bent

Krul is anybodies choice. The back four is fine aside from Mbabu, throwing a young 17 year old I believe into the premier league against the best strikers in the world is not a good thing to do. Give him a loan first.

Tiote, Raylor and Jonas would be one of the most hardworking midfields around, except absolutely dreadful at creating anything at all. The addition of Sissoko at CAM in his wrong position wouldn’t help anything as well.

Carroll and Bent are decent strikers, however Cisse is a hell of a lot better. I could genuinely see this team being in a relegation spot each and every season.

• 31 GeordieDan // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM

jeff>

Sorry lad, didn’t realise you were genuinely mental. Didn’t think they gave you laptops on day-release? But with Indian Magpie at least your in good company. :)

At least we have some new comedy on the blog to get us through another shitty day as a NUFC supporter! I don’t laugh I would definitely cry! :(

• 32 magpies // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM

jeff i love ryan taylors set peices 1 of the best i wil love him playin bu gna gna b tuff choosn him ova benarfa n ol da ova players bu yh his set peices we r realy missing

• 33 wynsleap // Jun 17, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Hi Ed – Much as I greatly respect you and the blog you are doing your usual U-Turn after some very critical writing.
    No wonder Ashley regards Toon fans as stupid, constantly forgiving, masochistical ‘sheep’ who don’t mind being kicked where it hurts and who will continue to accept any old b******t.
    We provide him with the confirming evidence each time something like this happens.

• 34 dannyhunt // Jun 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Carr views a load of players, recommends a few to Parspew, who agrees or not, they get passed to Joke who does the deals or deems them too expensive or whatever! gotta be better than Lamearse flying to france to get Remy only to be shunned at the last minute! if this is the structure thats fine I say! if not, and Joke is in charge of ALL outs and ins, then thats SH**E!!

• 35 Sack Llambias // Jun 17, 2013 at 12:10 PM

This is just the latest decision by Ashley designed to aggravate the fans.:
    Lack of stability in management causing relegation
    Sacking of Chris Hughton
    Renaming of SJP
    Closing supporters area in Leazes end Level7
    Appointing Kinnear twice
    Signing up Wonga as club sponsor

Or does Ashley have a plan.!
    Maybe to surround himself with loads of incompetent
    people who the fans constantly criticise. Only for
    one of them to take the premier league by storm and
    Ashley will be widely hailed as a genius in football
    as in business. Yer right!!

• 36 veto // Jun 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Joe sounds more interested in reminding us of past achievements .and seems rather disappointed it wasn’t the managers job he walked into .
    he seems determined to lay down the law and show who’s in charge , this is all going to end very badly .
    if it does go tits up , that will be ashleys last chance in my eyes , i will be one of the first calling for him to finally get out

• 37 magpies // Jun 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM

JEFF u shud start waching wresling

• 38 catchy in norway // Jun 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM

you couldn’t make it up

how low can we go :(

• 39 mindshaft // Jun 17, 2013 at 1:31 PM

If you take a step back, I think the idea of a DoF is probably a good thing if it keeps LameArse out of player dealings, obviously the bad news is that its JFK – guess we’ll have to see who is brought in over the summer as that’s how he’ll be judged
    He must be aware that selling Cabaye, HBA and bringing in Bent and some other crocks will have the fans going even more mental

• 40 gazzaforever // Jun 17, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Jeff what a shitty lineup, where is benny? Bent, are you kidding? Are you Pardew’s cousin or just retarded?

• 41 MacToon // Jun 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Comedy gold from JFK!

• 42 Munster Mag // Jun 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM

You couldn’t make it up….

• 43 Hobs // Jun 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM

If Ashley thinks, after the the Wise disaster, that we need a new DoF it must be to take som work off Llambias and Pardew.

For all we know, this may be something that they have requested. Llambias knows little about football, and Pardew must make all sporting decisions and spend time to consider all the players that Carr suggests as possible targets.

Now JFK’s gonna do that work, and propose signings to Pardew. He will have more time to work with the team.

Also I think it’s wise to have someone with a football background to evaluate the managers performance.

Whether or not JFK is the right choise remains to be seen…

• 44 Owldman // Jun 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Wouldn’t put money on it but I think Ashley will make a couple of signings shortlty to try to appease the fans, with Kinnears approval of course, even if Pardew wants them or not, dont think Pardews got the bottle to walk out like KK did.

• 45 Premiership Manager // Jun 17, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I feel sorry for Pardue and hope he has a very good solicitor to do Ashley for constructive dismissal as I can’t see it ending any other way.

It’s a pity that Ashley didn’t have the bollox to do the honest thing and let Pardue go at the end of the season.

Kinnear is overbearing, arrogant, obnoxious and will do very little to improve morale and team spirit at the club. He is a caveman from the stone age and if we thought last season was a disaster – stand back because we have more to come.

“Cabaye is going no-where!” Watch this space!

• 46 Jinky Jim // Jun 17, 2013 at 9:39 PM