Calls For Kinnear To Make Full Apology To Newcastle Fans

Joe Kinnear is supposed to be announced today as the new  Director of Football at Newcastle   – so basically the nightmare will continue.

freddy-shepherd

Freddy Shepherd – calls on Kinnear to make apology

And the big news in English Football today is Joe’s amazing interview he gave to talkSPORT yesterday, with Newcastle fans still not believing what they were hearing coming out of Joe’s mouth.

And while we haven’t always been behind what Freddy Shepherd has done at Newcastle, the former Newcastle Chairman has called on Kinnear to make a full apology to Newcastle fans, and and it’s a good suggestion from Freddy.

Joe has dug himself into a deep deep hole since Sunday night, when he announced his new position himself (why?), and if he is the new Director of Football, he will have to eat humble pie and apologize – but that will be very difficult for Joe.

It’s been an utter disaster for the image of Newcastle United, so we’ll see how those running the club will handle the current situation, which they have let get completely out of control, and Newcastle have been to look like a laughing stock in the press.

They should be in disaster recovery mode right now.

It’s just not good enough, and it’s been a disaster for Newcastle – and we wonder how much more folly will now come out of the mouth of our new Director of Football in the future.

If Joe had been in the real world – like working for IBM as an example that I know about – and he made those kinds of ridiculous comments in hisnew  job – he would have been fired – even if he had signed his new contract.

The powers that be at Newcastle have handled this situation very poorly –  like school children – with apologies to school children everywhere.

We need somebody a lot more professional as the Director of Football than Joe Kinnear – however good his contacts are in football – and remember he’s representing Newcastle United when he speaks – whoops – I quickly have to get to the bathroom to be sick. 🙁

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• fog on the tyne

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Repost
    What if our new dof brings us for example de jong, bony and others and gets rid of all the dead wood. I really dont think this might be as bad as it looks, once the dust settles. I may be totally wrong here and making a massive misjudgement but i think its been something waiting to happen and kinnear has been sitting in the wings wispering sweet nothings into ashleys ear all this time, and he actually has never, in theory, left our club.

• Mag.no

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Repost

AMEOBI
    I will not get behind this decision, and i will not back the guys upstairs. They’ve stepped over the line with this one.

• Indian Magpie

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM

sack kinnear and pardew

• wolfshead@toon

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM

i like joe hes stepping on all the right toes 🙂

• Indian Magpie

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I think JFK has been brought in to shout at fans when they ask abt signings

• AMEOBI

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Well I voted yes, don’t like the guy but his comments have been brilliant and promising, always believed in a second chance, with this role he’s going to do better than llambias surely? Looking forward to this season now.. let’s get behind the decision and our club!

Mag.no

Well I can see that but it’s not our way running the club its Mikes choices we can’t do anything to prevent him making these choices, you know. I wouldn’t say it’s gone way over the line, can’t wait to see if it’s a good choice, I just hope so haha

• jeff

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:04 AM

AMEMOBI

Dont worry the blog is a circlejerk.if your not in the clique your views get shat on

• Mag.no

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM

AMEOBI
    I hope i’m dead wrong and that this turns out to be a great move. I doubt it though.
    Hiring a DOF is all good, but Kinnear? That contract must have been offered to Kinnear in a drink contest between Ashley and him self.

• wolfshead@toon

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM

@jeff

maybe jfk has read this blog and thats why hes pssed off haha btw shephard calling on him to apologize takes the fvckin biscuit this is the scumbag that called fans mugs for buying shirts and their women dogs

• Spreadthetoon

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Should have gone for Nobby Solano. Right idea but very poor execution. I did not have any major issues with Joe Kinnear….that was until I heard the man speak himself on Talksport! Oh dear me, what a fcuking id**ot! MA pls don’t do this………..

• hotdog

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I was looking forward to the shenanigans at Sunderland with Di Canio. No need now its gonna be closer to home 🙂

• Lowesy

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Jeff – why because people contest your views? Just means that you’re in the minority. And you really need to learn where the keys are on the keyboard.

I understand the appointment of a Director of Football but why Kinnear?! Wanted to cry when I heard this, ah well, let’s see what happens I suppose.

• geordiemark

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM

shove your apology where the sun doesnt shine joke kinnear

• AMEOBI

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Yeah I understand.. well I’ve just seen on sky sports.. he’s lied a lot I didn’t realise that. So he’s meeting Alan pardew today in London.. this could all be rubbish then

• Jamiemac

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Did/does Ed work for IBM? Me too!

• ochytoon

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Sky Sports saying it hasn’t been announced by NUFC because Pardew is refusing to provide a statement welcoming Kinnear to the club. This has to be a ruse to get Pard’s to quit,surely Ashley isn’t this stupid?

• wolfshead@toon

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM

i sometimes wonder if this is a mackem site in disguise? see yaz 🙂

• Mister Tuff

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Sack Lambias previous posts.
    I concede I that mixed up the league and Carling Cup results -correct stats below:-
    24.9.2008 lost 2-1 to Spurs in the Carling Cup.
    21.12.2008 beat Spurs 2-1 in the league with N’Zogbia and Duff scoring.
    An error on my behalf does not mean I’m confused as you suggest. My original post was merely to highlight that the December victory was AFTER the rant on 3.10.2008.
    The December victory was clearly a good result – I am pleased that you felt united with JK in a common cause as you revealed earlier.

• jordijohnty

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM

What the hell will kinnear achieve with recruitment? he doesnt even know the names of our players. everyone in football knows our players. he is old school and probably wont trust foreign players. shambolic

• Hatem's better than Messi

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Apologise … too late we know now exactly what he thinks of us.

Who needs a fake apology?

• sparky55

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM

After last years debacle and the ineptitude of Pardew’s management of the team, surely something had to be done.

Everyone hates JFK because of who he replaced…he was always on a hiding to nothing.

How about seeing how he performs instead of prejudging him.

OK he’s a lousy spokesman and shouldn’t be allowed to call radio stations because he’s too passionate and can’t get his point over very eloquently..but stranger things have happened…you just never know.

Sad thing is you’re all feeling dead sorry for Pardew now when in reality he should have been sacked in January anyway.

Pardew going is a good thing…how he goes is irrelevant.

Who replaces him is far more important and on that we’ll just have to wait and see but at least we now know he’s on his way so I’m well happy. Well Done fat boy…best decision you’ve made all week!

• Yohan Kebab

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Pardew is supposed to be furious as he knew nothing about kinnear’s appointment till he ran his mouth off

• jordijohnty

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM

stepping on all the right toes.? yeah the stupid fans….such contempt

• AMEOBI

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Ochy,

Yeah I watched it. Think pardew isn’t too happy I suppose, this pronouncing names wrong is a very big concern mind

• jordijohnty

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM

How about seeing how he performs instead of prejudging him.

christ, he was a shit manager. now he is more out of touch. what is there to judge?

• blew

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Stephen Taylor has welcomed JFK on his return, in The Telegraph this morning. Well said Steve, your place in the side is guaranteed this season – when you are fit!
    The North East mouth is at it again, I wish someone would gag him.
    The verbal diarrhoea coming out of AP and JFK should make them compatible, Saylor is not far behind but he was born in their neck of the woods.

• ash1001

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM

ED – Freddy Shepard is the right one to demand an apology after some of the things him and Douglas Hall got up and said – you have got to be joking. Yes there is no doubt that JFK should apology to all not only those on Tyneside.

As for some of the press stories and his performance on TALKSPORT, – what a disaster for NUFC, as for his comments, well his record of 3 LMA awards, wrong he got 1, 400 games for Spurs , wrong approx 270, never been sacked, wrong Luton.
    Then there’s the daily telephone calls with Fergie, would like that checked out. + the mispronunciation of players names, have bit of sympathy there as some are difficult to pronounce.
    What I will give him credit for is – How to endear yourself to the good geordie folk in one easy lesson – he passes that test with flying colours, I don’t think.

• one Tony Green

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Freddy Shepherd has a bloody nerve after the way he talked the fans and women and Newcastle.
    There is nothing we can do about JFK so may as well see what comes our way. We are expecting the worst so anything positive will be a bonus.

• james589

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Repost

Haven’t posted on here for a while but like many I’ve been so incensed by this I had to vent my frustration.

Everything this guy has said since his “appointment” has been nothing short of shambolic with the exception of “Cabaye (Kebab?) is going nowhere.” Although whether he’s talking about our midfielder or his favourite local takeaway remains to be seen. And also: “Do you want Llambias (Lambayzee?) back?” Fair point, well made. But to name a few of the lies:

Lie #1: “I’m in the best physical shape I’ve ever been in.” He’s a 66-year old ex-international footballer who had a triple heart bypass 4 years ago… Come off it.

Lie #2: “I signed Tim Krul.” Krul was signed in 2005 (by Souness I think?) and was on loan at Carlisle whilst Joe was in charge in 2009.

Lie #3: “I’ve never been relegated as manager”. Yes you have. Luton, 2001.

Lie #4: “I can open the door to any manager in the Premier League.” After these latest developments I’d be surprised if any even gave him the time of day. Fergie has retired and does he really expect us to believe that he has been in contact with him week in, week out for the past 20 years?

Lie #5: “I made over 400 appearances for Spurs.” More like 258. Perhaps he’s including reserves appearances or something but I doubt it and no other ex-professional would count those.

Lie #6: “I have more intelligence than any of the Newcastle fans.” At least we know our players’ names. Anyone who listened to the interview last night will have also realised his vision for transfers is hardly groundbreaking- “in my opinion, we need a striker.” That’s no different to what any Newcastle fan has been saying for months.

The list could go on and on I would imagine. The guy has signed 54 players in his managerial career but not one of them has been French so bang goes our current transfer model. The stuff he’s spouting is making a mockery of our club and the sooner the club comment on this and clarify the situation, the better.

A Director of Football might be appropriate for us but surely not this guy- he’s been out of the game 4 years and has, I would imagine little to no knowledge of current players- evidenced by him rattling off a list of players he signed in the 90s.

He’s out of touch with the modern game and I can see him upsetting a lot of our players (if he hasn’t already). This can’t be a good thing. He is making our club look like a joke and I don’t take kindly to that.

The club need to reassure us what exactly his role will entail so we don’t have a repeat of the Keegan-Wise debacle. It’s bad news when anyone is handed powers usually held by the manager. Whilst I’m by no means Pardew’s biggest fan, the transfers he has made (no doubt largely thanks to Carr) have been shrewd and not problematic, why on earth does Ashley think Kinnear can do a better job? They need to gag him ASAP- he’s an embarrassment to himself and our club currently.

If he lets his work do the talking instead of his big mouth I’ll reconsider my opinion. But until then, the man is a damn fool. He insulted our club, its current staff, a number of players and us fans. He can’t say he was misquoted because it was a live interview. An apology is definitely in order.

• valle

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Its a great idea to replace Llamb with a football man… Its just that JFK is the wrong guy, and this director of football dosnt work anyway, they always seems to get into the hair of the manager.

• TorqToon

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Check out shepherd taking the moral high ground!!!

Pipe down you tool…you are just as bad as JFK!

• WesJameson

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:21 AM

@ @ Oldgit1 // Jun 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM

REPOST –

Couldn’t agree more mate, although i have only been supporting for 25 years, enough is enough for me….

This club, has ruined just about every relationship i have ever been in, app i am too passionate and focused on football, well not anymore!!!

I used to give people stick, who told me….it is just a game…..sadly my OWN club, has made me feel that way too…

• sparky55

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:22 AM

jordijonty…see what what I mean…you’ve already pre-judged him.

In the scheme of things this is a nothing event unless MA intends to replace Pardew with Kinnear…at that point I’ll be up in arms myself but at this moment in time where talking about a role of assessing currentl playing staff and targeting new players but that’s what Carr does anyway and they’ve worked together before so where’s the problem…he’s just another layer of management

• Barras

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Seeing the view of an empty St James’ Park, and an emotionless expression wreathed across the faces of our management team is going to be liberating.

• ochytoon

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Ameobi
    Its not like they’re hard names to pronounce either. The mans an idiot, pure and simple.

• lesh

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Jamiemac… Being ex IBM assures you that your posts will always pass muster!!

• jordijohnty

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:28 AM

sparky 55. what is your ambition for the club? i remember his football at wimbledon. it was crap. he has done very little since apart from being a tool. Having been a toon fan for over 40 years gives me the right to say who is fit and who isnt worthy of our (once) great club

• lesh

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Jamiemac what with IBM, Manor Park, Heaton Tech old boys on here, it’s becoming NUFC fans’ Bullingdon Club.

• jordijohnty

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:31 AM

How did a club that has represented our region since 1892 been allowed to fall into the hands of one individual from hertfordshire. how did we let this happen?

• Sack Llambias

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Mr T
    I was not suggesting you we’re a confused individual!
    Merely that you were confusing the relative 1-2 and
    2-1 score lines. I just didn’t and don’t think Joe
    was quite as bad as fans were implying. The media
    do enjoy the total embarrassment he has caused but
    we fans give them a helping hand. I welcome
    your mate Llambias potentially being given a job
    unrelated to football. I faced facts at my first
    sight of him he never will come good. No
    Clause Four moment.