The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

More Misstatements From Kinnear – This Time On Carroll

12:22 pm, Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 23 Comments

Newcastle United’s new Director of Football – we think that’s Joe Kinnear – has told the Evening Chronicle that he may still be interested in signing Andy Carroll.

Andy Carroll

Andy Carroll – will sign for West Ham – we think

Forget whatever you heard in the past that the big Gateshead striker is too expensive – and the fact that he is about to take his medical at the Hammers, this is what our new supremo told the Evening Chronicle today:

“I gave Andy Carroll his first home start.” “He’s an exceptionally strong and talented player.”

“But I don’t know what the score is with the financial side of Andy. It’s something I intend to investigate.”

The truth:

• Andy made his first-team debut on 2nd November 2006 at the age of 17 years and 300 days in a 1–0  UEFA Cup win over Palermo, coming on as a late substitute for Nobby Solano. Glenn Roeder was the manager at that time.
  • Carroll made his FA Cup debut on 17th January 2007, coming on as a substitute at St. James’ Park in that terrible 5–1 home defeat by Birmingham City, when Roeder was still manager – and Glenn apologized to the fans after that game.
  • On 25th February 2007, Carroll made his Premier League debut for Newcastle, coming on as a substitute in the 87th minute in the 1–0 defeat by Wigan Athletic,

Those are the real facts – when will this “The world according to Joe Kinnear”  stop?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours

23 responses so far ↓

• 1 JAMSHA // Jun 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM

FULL TIME – Australia 1-0 Iraq. The
    Socceroos qualify automatically for the 2014
    World Cup in Brazil

😀

• 2 Joe Blog // Jun 18, 2013 at 12:24 PM

NUFC’s motto:

How much shite is on the menu today and what f***ing flavour is it!?

• 3 Tommyy // Jun 18, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Get him out now. I’m seething with anger that this has allowed to go on.

• 4 Spreadthetoon // Jun 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM

OMFG

“Joe will report directly to the club’s Board as the senior executive in charge of all football-related matters. Chief scout Graham Carr and manager Alan Pardew will report into Joe.”

That’s the official word from the club website……what a joke! Get these idiots out of toon!

• 5 rainrix // Jun 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Actually they’re just sub appearances you’ve listed ed. He might very well have given AC his 1st home start although i cant really remember.

• 6 TorqToon // Jun 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Last time I ever break any news on this blog….!!

It was all going so well, then we announced Joe kinnear……!!!

Sorry lads…! :-(

• 7 sparky55 // Jun 18, 2013 at 12:26 PM

ED…DOES IT REALLY MATTER!!!

• 8 Belfast // Jun 18, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Just like he signed Keith Curle on a free for Wimbledon & sold him to Man City for 2.5 million.

Keith Curle left Wimbledon 5 months before Kinnear took charge lol

He must think everybody has really bad memory loss or something.

• 9 GeordieDan // Jun 18, 2013 at 12:36 PM

The man is clearly on the wrong medication. He just speak bollox constantly, literally every other word out of his mouth is either swearing or a lie or both!

• 10 Mark29Hungary // Jun 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Ed!

Joe said: “I gave Andy Carroll his first home start.”

Wikipedia:

“Carroll scored his first competitive goal for Newcastle on his first ever home start with a header against West Ham United in a 2–2 draw on 10 January 2009.”

• 11 Tooooon // Jun 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM

he said home start!!!!!

• 12 GeordieDan // Jun 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM

JAMSHA>

Australia V Iraq? Why do you keep posting that?

Nobody gives 5hit man. Sorry but other money important and completely depressing crap is going on here to care about 2 random countries playing a game that has no relevance here.

• 13 veto // Jun 18, 2013 at 1:14 PM

leave him be Ed , im sure all of us at that age will mispronounce and forget facts and date’s .

maybe people are not looking at this appointment properly .
    remember this window last season ?
    by all accounts it was llambias who made the call not to chase our transfer targets more strongly and let us walk into the season with just anita as a new first team player .
    i cant see joe letting that happen as a football man , so im glad we have someone at least with a decent footballing brain making those decisions now and not being left upto llambias

• 14 one Tony Green // Jun 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Ed man stop winding people up

• 15 sirjasontoon // Jun 18, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Thanks for the Socceroo update Jamsha……

You C**T :)

• 16 Stevenage Magpie // Jun 18, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Ed I think you owe JFK an apology! He did give Carroll his first home start!

• 17 RichY // Jun 18, 2013 at 2:23 PM

a few more Facts reviewed by the Telegraph:

• 18 PUMMELLER // Jun 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM

ED
    You are proving yourself to be one of the fans he was referring to. He is talking about your kets/Indian type fans. F-ing idiot fans that don’t know what they are talking about!
    He says in his interview that be wants what we do. To ship out those that underperformed and bring in quality replacements!
    He knows football better than lambias so I don’t see the problem.
    Some of you wanna get a grip man!

• 19 PUMMELLER // Jun 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I guarantee that we get more players over the line this way, which is without a doubt out biggest failure over the last few years!
    He is brash but I kinda like how in today’s world of being prim and proper all the time he doesn’t give a F..UCK
    NUFC is a soap opera, get used to it, enjoy it and support your club!
    HWTL

• 20 nufc 11 // Jun 18, 2013 at 2:55 PM

The man is not making it easy for himself i admire anybody who can come back from two heart attacks and get a job like he has he certaintly has something to offer but i think he needs to refresh his pr training anyone would think he got the managers job the way his been going on whatever happened to pulling the strings in the background and let the manager do the talking or has AP gone off the deep end and cant be found these days, he has been in the press far to much for my liking.

• 21 DxK // Jun 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Joe Kinnear – my life in football.

“I remember giving Gary Lickerner his England debut in 1977, he won us the World Cup that year against Manchester United with a side goal.

Gazza turned to me and said: ‘Aye gaffer, keep an eye on the boy Beckham at England Under 24 level’ So I done that and two months later he was playing for Sir Alan Funguson in the Champions League!”

There were dark times too;

“I remember collecting my 13th Player/Manager of the year award in 2015, my best pal in football, Romaldo Jr, gave it to me and with it he handed me a note.”

‘STOP WINNING THE CUPS OR WE WILL BEEF YOU KINNEAR.’ it said.

“I didn’t sleep for a whole week and during those 11 days of insomnia my mother, Hilda Krinner, baked me pasta pie thrice, she was a nice lady, I never did get her name though.”

“I remember my 1992 boxing match for the WBB world title against Hulk Hoogan, he was 8 foot 4 tall and built like a f***ing brick s**t house. I decked him in 4 and became the World Champ.”

In next week’s instalment Joe talks about saving Brian Blessed from a house fire by throwing his coat over him and how Robbie Earle isn’t actually black in person.

• 22 ze-toon1 // Jun 18, 2013 at 8:27 PM

This article is just utter tripe

he said first home ‘Start’ in all the ‘Facts’ you seem to use as evidence against his statement you mention that andy came on as a substitute

are you just trying to give us a nice history on andy carroll or is there going to be any connection???

• 23 paul24 // Jun 23, 2013 at 2:02 AM

The man’s made 40000000 appearances for Tottenham and won the Manager of the year award 46 times. Give him a break. Plus he signed Ronaldo and Messi on free transfer and fought off Jesus, Megatron and Godzilla in world war 5.

previous post: I Am Really Excited To See Kinnear Back At Newcastle