These Are Players Joe Kinnear Will Go After

If we assume Joe Kinnear will officially become the new Newcastle Director of Football, then he will quickly start to go after players this summer, and also identify players Newcastle will need to sell.

joe-kinnear-23748

Joe Kinnear – will immediately go after targeted players
It’s not that Newcastle do not already have a list of targets – it’s that Joe will discuss them with Alan Pardew and Graham Carr, and decide who we really go after.

We need a top striker and a top center-back, and our center-back target looks to be Douglas, who becomes a free agent on July 1st, and it seems Newcastle have already been in for the 6’4″ Brazilian.

This is some of what Joe Kinnear told the Shields Gazette today:

“Alan Pardew will tell me how he feels about the squad, and where he thinks it needs to be improved upon.” “Can we get somebody who will score more goals? Can we get players better than we’ve got? That’s the role that I’ve got.”

“What I’m going to do is get my hitlist done as quickly as possible.” “There’s hardly anyone in the business I don’t know.”  “I can pick up the phone and ring every single manager in the game to ask them about players, and find out what they’re selling.”

“I’ll look at it carefully, and see if any of those players are good enough for us.”

If Joe Kinnear is officially appointed as Newcastle’s new Director of Football, which to us is no longer certain, then he will  need to control himself in interviews, and we doubt if he will be able to keep quiet about the players Newcastle are going after – and that could be damaging to Newcastle’s chances of success in the transfer market.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of St. Etienne is 24 today, and supposed to be our top striker target, but he is wanted by bigger clubs than Newcastle, and we doubt we an get him to Tyneside, although the fee his club wanted in January, when Newcastle made two unsuccessful bids for him, was around £12M, which would seem to be a good deal.

If Joe is as good as he’s telling everybody, maybe we can get the lad in this summer?

Loic Remy us available from relegated QPR, after he turned down Newcastle in January, but we think if he wants to come to Newcastle, most fans would probably now accept him at the club, and at £8M he looks to be a very good buy.

This Kinnear mess needs to be sorted out quickly, and absolutely nothing has  been announced by Newcastle, and if they decide to go along with Joe, we expect him to hit the ground running, but he must stop doing these daft and damaging interviews,  where he says some hilarious things, and it’s all too embarrassing to Newcastle.

But we don’t think he can help himself – his ego is so huge – and what’s going to happen when he first meets up with the Newcastle press again?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• foggonridiculous

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Yes there IS a “lot of negativity” on the blog at the moment wrapped up in confusion with a generous side serving of bewilderment and drenched in a lumpy “chaos” sauce.

I think it can be safely said that this knocks Mourinho’s second coming into a cocked hat.

If JFK is ill then one would hope that even MA can see that enough is enough and bring this pantomime to an end
    (“Oh no he won’t”)

Whatever happens I will always follow the toon…
    who knows?… I may be a thick geordie fan but just maybe one day I will understand why Mike Ashley does what he does.

For the time being I have taken refuge in “dark humour” to assist me in digesting Mr. Ashley’s latest cunning stunt.

Such as:

I hear Kinnear is looking at Lescol, Questran and Capoten…they’re not players, just a change in his medication

• Cisse's Big Toe

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM

lads

kinnear could yet be a masterstroke, wait and see. behind all of the absolute rubbish that comes out of his mouth is actually a sensible strategy.

let llambias get back to what hes good at, let pardew do what he is good at, man to man management, speaking to the media, and then behind the scenes have this absolute nutjob

in all seriousness if he can bring in decent players under carrs say so, and helps us climb the league i dont give a damn what the media make of him.

ashley has always been business over pr, so lets cling on to some semblance of hope for a little while?

• jeff

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Seriously great to see him take some inititive.sick of fat ash resting on his lorels.this is what its about.maybe he can call lambert and ask for bent on the cheap.would not surprise me.this is the guy who brought in krul for us-he knows a good player when he sees one.he also signed olan and over the ryan taylor wall.

• archaeomag

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Vinnie Jones should replace Mr Labbrini as director of cocktails, then we’ll have a Kabab, makes sense to me . .

• naptoon

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:14 AM

remy no thanks good player but ripped us for the qpr “project” and the police investigation hanging over him

• Cisse's Big Toe

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

one worry is he lies so easily like its just natural to him

• archaeomag

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

@Jeff – he was lying about Krul – along with most of his other claims are NOT TRUE

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Jeff,
    Lol. Keep trolling away son. Wimbledon were the team, not Wimblydon….. Krul played against Palermo for Newcastle long before JFK crawled out of whichever hole he was in to manage Newcastle first time round.

Having said that Lovenkrands seems to think he is a decent bloke and knows his stuff. However he then goes on to say Pardew is the best manager he has ever had. Sort of ruins his first point…

• outsidethebox

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM

as i said yesterday the longer there is no statement from nufc the more likely it is that this is joes revenge on press..
    what it does show is that the toon needs a media officer..
    also a left sided centre back and a striker not a d o f ..thats my lot until at least one of the three is confirmed

• naptoon

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM

lilo
    lol

• Phatoon

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM

You know how normally with Mike we get a bit of good news, then something really bad (eg Stadium name change). I’m hoping that this is the same (but reversed).

Hopefully tomorrow a statement will be released saying we signed 6 purples and this Kinnear thing was a huge smokescreen…..

• toonarmydownsouth

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Toonarmydownsouth
    3 mins ago
    Ferglar
    Good post mate but I have to say I completley disagree!
    I don’t think he’s a football man, maybe he was a couple of decades ago when he was really involved in the game, but football is fast moving game and his instance that we only lacked goals because of having only one striker is petrifying!
    What about highlighting the lack of wide men or service??
    I also don’t think he can just talk to any manager as he claims purely because he has no respect got his peers within the game and likewise is not respected
    I also don’t think he can claim he’s been there and done that
    And his unbelievable knack of confusing fiction for fact is just surreal

• jeff

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Lilongwe.mydad left me when i was 3 before i could recognise his face.now it is all but forgotten.i still cling to the beleif that if someone calls me son i might be there son and them my dad.

Please if u are not my dad.do not call me son

• toonarmydownsouth

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Jeff
    I know who Wimbledon are ffs you clearly don’t though as they haven’t been in the lower leagues for a while because they no longer exsist
    AFC Wimbeldon were founded in 2002
    MK Dons are a reformed version on Wimbeldon FC

And ffs get your facts right mate krul signed in 2006 under souness 2 years before JFK was at Newcastle

• Black and White with an army lol

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:23 AM

lads do you remember the last time JFK was here he didn’t want Shola in the team, i think i read somewhere back then he was planning to sell him off because he was no good, could be a good thing but the only problem is JFK & Carr would agree to sell him & Jonas but AP won’t.

• tenpointnine

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I heard Pardew and Kinnear have a table booked at Itsu, the Sushi restaurant where Alexander Litvinenko is alleged to have been poisoned. I wonder which one will order the Polonium-210?

• toonarmydownsouth

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Jeff
    Your full of more sh1t than kinnear!!!!
    You were on here a couple of days ago saying your dad was heavily involved in the club and fed you info!
    What a pathetic illiterate little troll

• Roose Trollton

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Jeff…. Keep going son! If you truly believe kinnear signed krul then damn it thats what happened!

• jeff

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Hes my stepdad.he never calls me son and i call him by his first name.sometimes i pretend he is my dad though

• Assam Toon

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Just when I was thinking what could be worse than Newcastle starting next season with Pardew and without new signings and star players…along came Joey. I dont understand what extra can JFK offer. And we were hoping a month ago that Benitez would be hired!

• croftus5678

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM

after wieghing up positives and negatives of the jk oppointment i’ve come to think there is a fair bit more positives than negatives !

this still does not take away from the fact imo the blokes an absolute w$%^&r and i really dont want to hear or see his face.

its torn me in half this one >.<

one thing is for sure i'll be supporting pards at every turn now as i dont want that knob managing the team (just imagine post match interviews ^^

• toonarmydownsouth

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Jeff
    So your step dad on India works closely with the club??

• lesh

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM

The Guardian (Louise Taylor and sorry, can’t post the link) is suggesting that JK appointment was due to be announced yesterday but Pardew’s silence and misgivings about his remit being beyond what was explained to him has delayed it until MA talks to Pards today. And both he and Llambias discussed allot this but it’s been an Ashley inspired move which may now be in doubt given the media views and internal politics.
    We can but wait, hope and see.

• Pugwash

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I can see it now come August. We will have made no significant signings and lost a few of our purples, but hey it doesn’t really matter because the Club will announce that the JFK saga was never real!

Or

We are now plundering the market, when everyone else is distracted by this fiasco!

• Toon-Prodigy

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Howay Toon, give is a statement so I can gan go to bed, work the neet.

Either that, or a statement from the LMA saying that he hasn’t had an invite to the awards for over 9 years.

• jeff

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Ni my stepdad is the leader of the nufc fan club in my town.he once got a personal letter from pardew

• Black and White with an army lol

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM

i think if JFK wants to get on the good side of us fans he needs to do the following —-

sell — Shola, Gosling, Obertan, Jonas, Willo, Perch.

bring in — Sakho, Pea, De Jong, Martens, Gamiero & Falcao ( sorry lads i had to put that in lol )

• popscott

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM

This is to detract us from the real problem that is Wonga, stick in thick Joe, slag off the fans, Wonga forgotten about. Result! We should have learned how cute fatty is by now!!!

• TALKOFTHETOON

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Jeff
    you sir, are quite simply, a moronic little boy. Stop annoying people with ridiculous statements

• paul24

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Ashley has’nt got a f*****g clue, forget the wonga deal, i can live with that just fine, how is it any different from bwin, betclic and in fact any other sponsor, they take shirt deals to part you from your money, whatever company they are, the real problem is ashley, he only cares about the financial side of football and only now is he realising he’s up to his neck in s**t because he’s spent more than he’s earned. F**k off ashley, sell the club, no one likes you.