Joe Kinnear Expands On New Role – I May Be Sacked

After slagging off Alan Shearer for criticizing him last week,  and then apologizing to Newcastle fans for saying he was more intelligent than they were – Joe Kinnear expanded on his role as Newcastle’s new Director of Football in the Sunday Times today – and it’s  an expansive role at the club – to be sure.

joe kinnear

Joe Kinnear – I may be sacked

We knew Joe was put in charge of everything to do with football at Newcastle, and this is how he explained his new role:

“I will have the job of over-looking the reserves and the youth team and see where we are progressing, as well as being chief adviser to Owner Mike Ashley.” “If things are going wrong at the club I am accountable and he will be coming through me and not anybody else.”

“Everybody thinks Pardew is under pressure. He’s not. I am. I could get sacked.” “The manager: the running of the teams when it comes to the players needed, the selection of players on match days, the tactics and the public face when addressing the supporters via the media will be Alan Pardew.”

“He was looking for clarification over about my role, not his own, and I explained my role to him in full.” “I said, ‘You are on an eight-year contract and my role is to support you and give you the best help possible. I have been informed that you found it difficult last season to speak to Mike or get messages to Mike about various things’.”

“I am not after his job. Alan knew there was a Director of Football coming in. He felt a little isolated and Mike sussed that.”

That’s a decent statement from Joe, and maybe in the future he should stick to talking about his role at Newcastle and not make news by criticizing people like Shearer – a Newcastle legend.

And after criticizing the Newcastle fans,  we suppose the next people he should not criticize are the legends of Newcastle, such as Alan Shearer and Kevin Keegan and the like – but he’s always clashed with Shearer.

One area that Joe will need to fix is getting top young players that are brought in and then make it through the ranks to become first team regulars, and we’ve had very little success at that over the last six years since Mike Ashley bought the club.

But Joe says some things there that if they are true suggests he can work with Alan Pardew – and he says he’ll let Alan still be the face of Newcastle to the press, which will be important if Pardew is to stay at Newcastle and not resign.

But the reports that Newcastle may be after Brighton manager Gus Poyet come from the Sunday People and Alan Oliver – the former Evening Chronicle reporter – and we just don’t believe it.

And Oliver is also reporting  that Dennis Wise could come back as the new Director of Football with Gus.

That will not happen.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• jonobbad

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Wishful thinking or what.

• Beattie25

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Re post:

Hi guys. Hope you’re all well.

Enough of the falsities so ill cut to it. The other day I offered some information given to me by my friend that has so far proven to be quite interesting and undeniable solid in its apparent truth.

I do not want to be known as an ITK, but I did say if I had gotten any imfo that I’d pass it on, again this isn’t me but just someone telling me.

He doesn’t want to go on the blog as he thinks its pathetic but he’s wrong about that so I shall tell you what he reckons (through his uncles whom is apparently a customer service manager at the stadium).

The reason we have been able to attract some decent players on low wages and retain them is down to the fact that these players have restricted stock and shares in sports direct that give them financial bonuses depending on the success of sports direct for the period of time they are at nufc.

The financial success of sports direct in recent years has been vastly rewarding to the players and they like it as the taxation on restricted stock is very low.

Apparently that’s the NUFC bargaining chip and how we may steal ahead in the race to sign players that are attracting interest from elsewhere.

Interesting?

• John Tudor

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:42 PM

red………. sack the barsteward

• Beattie25

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I’m telling you now Llambias avoided telling Mike things because it would’ve looked bad on himself.

• jonobbad

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Beattie
    Thanks for the info. Its an interesting thought and quite a clever way if true.
    But I think it’s false. Sports direct have been doing very well recently so all players would be getting bonuses (small maybe) even after seasons like last year.
    I think mike would put in football related bonuses only.
    Keep it Coming though, it’s nice having a fresh spin on things.

• John Tudor

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM

red……..velly intelesting

• bills-son

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:48 PM

On Kinnear”s 21% win percentage…

You can finish 5th with that…

Win 8 and draw 30.

It’s average points pet game that count – not win percentage.

Any of the anti- Kinnear brigade checked that statistic?

• Beattie25

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Jonobad

I hate giving info though.

I used to be known as the arrogant barsteward that insulted people, now I might be known as the person that posts silly info from a friend.

I need to get back to my old self.

I hate Yo-Yo

• John Tudor

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:49 PM

old hat any way what will be his stats when he cuts pardew

• Bearsize

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I love conspiracys! Very plausible indeed! There is a conspiracy behind everything in life and when one surfaces i wet myself

• gonufc (not Arf' bad)

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Re: earlier article – Does anyone else find it concerning that Kinnear says that Duff “is one of the best left wingers around”?

IS?

That was 6/7 years ago!

It seems to be an example of Kinnear’s contemporary knowledge. Just waiting for him to snap up Nicky Butt and Robbie Savage.

• John Tudor

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM

red…….. still who gives a ff

• greg

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Buy 3 players and we will love u

1: Siem De Jong/PEA / Bony
    2. Dries Mertens/ Ince /Juan Fernando Quintero
    3. Alderweireld/Shawcross

• stuart no9

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:10 PM

now hes only in charge of the youth and under 21s . the man is another born liar – place is full of them .

• toonluvva

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Beattie25
    Interesting about the shares if true.

JoKe will NOT be sacked. Once he has eased out Pardew he will be offered a cash settlement to leave. Note he is only on a 3 year contract, and each passing day is another day closer to the end of that contract. Also, if results are poor it is the manager who will carry the can and not the DoF.

Who will replace Pardew? Well I’m just hoping it’s not another member of the Cockney Mafia.

Will JoKe be replaced? I don’t mind a DoF provided they are up to date and can help move the club forward.

I am puzzled as to why having been in post for a week, he is now off on holiday! The transfer window opens in just over a week. Great planning.

• HullMag6

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Just NOT UPON ANY CIRCUMSTANCES Gus and the poison dwarf.

• lesh

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Beattie25

“…….through his uncles whom is apparently a customer service manager at the stadium)……”.

Now then, if I was a Customer Service Manager at the stadium (presumably SJP), I’d be a little concerned that you’ve blown his/ her cover and a P45 was on the cards (no pun intended).

• thejokethatisnufc

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:15 PM

So much for stability ai ? what a joke.

• jimiley

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:27 PM

This stability thing is a mirage and always has been. Ashley’s sole purpose is to take the p..s.Always has been since he fell out with supporters and his daughter got slagged off. Whether its renaming th4e club, the Wonga thing, the 8 year appointment of an unpopular manager or the incredible appointment of Joe K. Do not rule out Wise coming back. or Poyet being the manager. Everything is possible at this joke of a club. Its all done for Mike’s amusement. NUFC is a plaything he regularly pokes with a stick. The only way to get rid is to abandon going to games like me. And if you are not prepared to do that, then you deserve all the urine running down your face thats going.

• James St.Park

Jun 24, 2013 at 2:55 AM

I couldn’t agree more Jimiley. As they say, the only way to get rid of a fever is to starve it. And billionaire yob is one hell of a fever.

• derekm

Jun 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM

legend that Shearer is, he is simply that, a former player with no managerial experience of note -fact. I for one have no problem with anyone, especially Kinnear, who is more qualified than Shearer defending himself if he felt that his new position was being even more undermined than the cockney press and their hatchets for NUFC as much as Joe. Time will tell if the appointment is a stupid or clever one, but something has obviously been very wrong behind the scenes for Ashley to pull this out of his bag. The thing that really got me angry was the fact that Kinnear actually said Yohan Keba – and the press added the
    ” B ” to make a headline. Don’t believe everything you read in the papers, especially the ones that Joe had a go at in his time as manager. We still have a very good set of players when fit, and I think Tiote and Cabaye will both regain their form this year, especially as the second half of the season builds into the world cup, so the incentives to produce top form all year go beyond anything the club can probably offer.