This Youngster Can Become A Big Player At Newcastle

Newcastle’s 19-year-old told youngster Gael Bigirimana played for the England U20 team in their rather easy 3-0 win against Uruguay in Antalya.

gael bigirimana ckloseup

Gael Bigirimana – plays for England U20s in World Cup

Gael made the final 21 man squad for the U20 World Cup taking place in Turkey and England are in Group E with Chile, Egypt and Iraq, and the first game is
today against Iraq in Antalya.

Bigi was interviewed on the Newcastle web-site last week and had this to say:

“England is my home now. I’ve lived here more than I’ve lived in my country, eight years now, coming up to nine years, so it’s growing in me.” “I’ve seen how many people strive to play for England and wear the kit, so it’s an honor and a privilege for me to wear it and I’ll give everything back to represent England.”

“England has been magnificent for me and for my family. The people have welcomed us, given us a place to live, and you can’t ask for anything more than that. So I’ll give everything I can to say thanks and to represent the country in a great manner.”

Gael played 25 times for Newcastle last season with one goal, in his first season on Tyneside after being signed from Coventry for £1M a year ago.

The youngster has an upbeat personality and we’ll be following the England U20 team, and hopefully we’ll see a lot of Gael during this U20 World Cup.

Gael played 28 times for Coventry last season and a year last March, Bigirimana won the Championship’s Apprentice of the Year Award for the 2011–12 season.

He’s one of Newcastle’s most promising youngsters now at the club.

• dmac

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Does anyone know if these games will be shown live?

• sparky55

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Just seen a report that Gus Poyet’s being lined up for the managers job…IMO that’s a huge improvement over pardew

• Newcastle Brown Alien

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM

sparky, yeah it would be an improvement, but it also says that if poyet comes then it could mean wise returns

• croftus5678

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM

we have a star player in the making here a true england international imo.

@sparky

i agree but still too depressed to even think about it atm lol

• sparky55

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM

newcastle Brown…you just spoilt it for me right there and then!!!

• sparky55

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM

croftus…feel your pain man!

• sparky55

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Poyet is the type of manager who wants to prove himself on the big stage and who is a footballers footballer who has great respect in the game…he could convince just about everyone (except Cabaye) to stay because we’d playing football the right way…bring it on!

• Mister Tuff

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:36 AM

dmac @1 Engand v Iraq U20 is being shown live tonight on British Eurosport 1 at 7pm. Check out livesoccertv.com.
    Some of the U20 games are being streamed on the “normal” streaming channels. Check out :-

list is not updated yet for tonights games -but it will probably be available.

• lesh

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:09 AM

sparky55, Gus Poyet wouldn’t be recommends by Brighton or its supporters. Arrogant by all accounts!

• YohanKebabShop

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:32 AM

We need a manager who’s both tactically good and has the man management skills as well.
    Poyet lacks man management skills
    Pardew lacks tactics and isn’t the greatest man manager wise either
    I would have gone with martinez or rednapp..

• solano

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Thank God JFK didn’t even attempt this player’s name!