Is Joe Kinnear Healthy Enough For His New Job?

It could be that Mike Ashley has been waiting for Joe Kinnear to become fit enough to work again, before he offered Joe another job at Newcastle, after Joe had to leave the Newcastle manager’s job in February, 2009 after more heart problems.

joe-kinnear-3761

Joe Kinnear – in September, 2008 at St, James’ Park
Doesn’t look like Newcastle were playing well

At the meeting that took place with Alan Pardew and Mike Ashley at the end of the season, it seems that Mike Ashley told Alan he was thinking about appointing a new Director of Football to help oversee the transfers, both into and out of the club, although Mike didn’t mention names of potential candidates.

This is what Joe Kinnear has said about being approached for the job a few weeks ago by the Newcastle owner:

“Mike Ashley, the owner, came round my house and we had a chat,” “He asked me about my medical condition and how I was feeling and one thing and another. I said I’ve been cleared, medically, for the last four or five months.

“I’m coming off my treatment. I’ve lost a stone-and-a-half of weight. I’m very fit, and I’ve been looking after myself. I have been going to the gym a lot and taking walks.”

We don’t know what coming off the treatment means, but if it means coming off the medication he’s been on for his heart condition that’s not good.

And with the pressures of the new job he will need that medication more than ever, although it’s good that Joe has lost weight, and extra weight is always a strain on the heart.

Joe Kinnear was the Wimbledon manager when he suffered a heart attack before a league game against Sheffield Wednesday in March 1999, and he had to stand down form the Wimbledon job a few months later.

Joe did come back to manage Luton Town and Nottingham Forest before coming in as interim manager at Newcastle in September of 2008.

And at Luton Town in 2001, he was hired as the Director of Football initially, but then Kinnear demoted manager Lil Fuccillo and appointed himself as manager of the club.

That’s interesting.

Luton were fighting relegation at the time.  but they were still relegated in May of 2001 from the second division, although  in the following season Kinnear had them promoted.

And it will be good to see what Joe looks like these days, since we’ve been using photos of him from 2008 and early 2009, when he was the manager at Newcastle.

It will not be good if Joe has more health problems in his new job – not at all good for Joe – so we hope he really is fit enough for his new job.

And as you grow older your health becomes more and more important to you.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• pawl250

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM

My opinion,

I like the idea of a more footballing background DoF, BUT Joe Kinnear has proven just in his previous interviews he is not up to the task.

I say no, but I will await judgement rather than jumping on the congo train of despair!

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM

ok he’s mikeys mate put in charge of the concessions stands pay him good money but keep his trap shut not give him a job which wrankles your fans

• terencelim

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Simple, NO.

Did Mike Ashley learn from his first mistake? NO.

• Thump

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM

@John: I’m not sure I trust him with the amount of money that must go through the concessions, mate!

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM

kinnears appointment will cause the death of somthing be it him or the club

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM

did he have a transplant or just work done

• Newcastle Brown Alien

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:11 PM

hope he’s not fit for it, I don’t wish a heart attack on anyone, but, should joe have a heart attack, he will have to resign, and That is the only way I can see him leaving the club

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM

give him the loo attendants job then do you still have to pay a penny to crap theres a lot of pennies in that too

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM

hell no heart attacks maybe german keeper syndrome

• yo-yo

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM

In my opinion too many bloggers are using the word FACT to emphasise the validty of their opinions – OPINION

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM

non untuths

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM

untruths

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:23 PM

wow now thats a doll
    Click for more pictures of Fanny
    Former Man City striker Mario Balotelli has had a decent Confederations Cup, scoring two goals in two games for Italy. We put his red hot form down to the support from his equally red hot missus, Fanny Neguesha. Click the arrow to see more pictures of the stunning young lady…

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/130620/confederations-cup-2013-mario-balotellis-stunning-girlfriend-pictures-200061#ixzz2XKApqRCJ
    Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
    Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/130620/confederations-cup-2013-mario-balotellis-stunning-girlfriend-pictures-200061#gTffhvtqYl2GKBoO.99

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Afternoon fellow bloggers! Hope you’re all well, or as well as can be expected. I promise there will be no doom-mongering from me today as I don’t wish to sound like a broken record.

So, what is there to talk about other than Kinnear, Pardew, Ashley?

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Wooah Tudor man, bit insensitive!

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM

what is in sensitive

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM

What was the German Keeper syndrome thing with heart attacks? I thought some German keeper had a heart attack but I looked it up but the guy I was thinking about was Robert Enke who killed himself, so now I’ve no idea what you were referring to haha

• Dagwoodz

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

@Ruddy

Apparently We’re In For Gignac From Marseille. Everytime I Hear His Name I think of Quagmire From Family Guy….”Giggity Giggity!”

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM

german keepers are prone to stupid errors and fo paux’s give em enough rope and all that

• Markaccus

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Pawl

In reply to you from last thread

Yeah i agree the 2 line moans are repetitive and tedious.

My if i were to condense my view of ashley into that space, it would be…

Ashley is running things well financially but is a cluster f**k when it comes to the football side of things. Even if it is his club and his business he needs to get through his head it is a primarily football business and it will never be a true success for him or anyone else until he gets the football side sorted.

Still more than 2 lines 😀

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM

top totty

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Dagwoodz

Haha now you’ve put that thought in my head, let’s hope he doesn’t sign because I’ll not be able to think of anything else haha

On a serious note, hasn’t his career just plummeted from being a star potential to a hapless flop?

• MacToon

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Just something I seen posted on FB, not my words but certainly food for thought?

“The quarter final last season was the first one we have reached in any competition since Ashley took over, in the previous 6/7 seasons we reached 2 FA cup finals, FA cup semi final, 2 league cup quarter finals, one UEFA cup semi and another UEFA cup quarter final, oh and qualified for the champions league twice!!

Off the pitch 7 years ago NUFC pulled in 30m per year more than Spurs now they get 50m more than us with a stadium holding 36k. Our finances are now solely reliant on TV money as the commercial side of the business is shot to shit, with the association with Wonga and Sports Direct no decent company will touch us with a barge pole. Under Ashley we are a toxic brand, gone backwards on and off the pitch.”

• Markaccus

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Ruddy

That makes hum a shoe-in to sign for us then :p

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Markaccus

I was just thinking that when I posted that! Haha

As the old saying goes “Great minds think alike.” or as my grandfather used to say “Stupid w*****s seldom differ” haha

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

say it man winkers

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM

😉 😉 😉 😉 I’m a winker alright haha

• Dagwoodz

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Don’t Know Much About Him, But From What I’ve Read He’s Not Even Close To Being Worth The Reported £12M That Weve Bid For Him.

• MacToon

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Lol, went into moderation because of two links! I’ll post them seperately:

The minutes from Monday’s meeting:

• MacToon

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:38 PM

and the questions sent in by people who could not attend:

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM

me too i thought it was the word fanny

• aidytoon9

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Would not sigh Gignac as he doesn’t score enough goals. He does hold the ball up we’ll something that cisse doesn’t.
    I don’t wish joe k any harm at all but sick of hearing stuff about him now when we should be concentrating on players coming in.
    Preseason soon and still no new players agreed!!!!

• aidytoon9

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Bony would be worth the 12 mill though. Goals win games end of.

• Markaccus

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Ruddy

Cant disagree. Now im just off for 40 winks…..

• Rooster

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Wow, that is a heavy duty debate going on right there.

It is a clear pro MA or anti MA debate.

Bit of an OK CORRAL situation going on with Spotlight Kid and Pawl250

Who would be looked on as the villain!

Would it be Pawl for defending the arch enemy MA!

Or Spotlight for attacking the arch enemy!

I personally agree whole hearted with Pawl, I don’t think MA is out to do us over at all, he wants to susatain and build, he has his own methods of course, and football is certainly a bit different to his retail world, but I really think through the peeks and troughs we are going to start climbing again, financially we have been climbing for quite a while now, last season playing wise was awful as we all know.

Its up to everyone at the club to stick their chests out and right that horror show from last year.
    MA makes massive decisions, the like vittually all of us would not ever get anywhere near to ever, he does it because he feels it is the right thing to do, not because he is trying to hurt or aggrieve the fans, I truly believe that.

Two impassioned arguments that were given will satisfy both anti and pro MA supporters.

That is strong debating at full throttle, I liked it, I am pro the good MA has done rather than the bad! “I can live with getting my feelings hurt” but I cant live with like Wolves and Pompey going down to the 1st division, that could easily have happened in another scenario, it was not beyond the relms.

I applaud both efforts to their cause, but finance is so important in sustaining a self sufficiant club, decisions have to be made, and unpopular ones, but we are getting through the thunder clouds and approaching the rainbow of the new season.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Markaccus

I don’t even want to think of what that implies! haha

• Rooster

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

In FACT, Pawl n Spotlight Kid should get down to the labour club for a shoot out! or behind the strawberry car park ha ha!

Pawl would obviously get wounded at the start with a big hit to the upper shoulder from the masses, but I feel in time more would realise his point, resulting in a fairer debate and only pride getting injured as a result.

• jmcreavy91

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Ed,

You are in a position of power. Stop feeding these pointless stories to fans. Giving opinion on a mans medical condition is well outside your remit and is only going to inspire comments like “I hope Jo Kinnear dies of a heart attack” (which I have read on this blog). Morally and logically bereft statements are only increasing the antipathy towards the club and its owner and this is not what being a fan is.

1 2 3 9