Very Productive Meeting Between Kinnear And Car – Targets Lined Up

Joe Kinnear couldn’t make the fans meeting on Monday night because he was meeting with Newcastle Chief Scout Graham Carr, and the news coming through this morning ia that meeting was very productive – so we’ll take that as some good news today.

joe-kinnear-183

Joe Kinnear – productive meeting with Graham Carr

It seems that Newcastle’s transfer business has been delayed because of Kinnear rejoining the club, but even before Joe was signed up again, the local reports from the club was that nobody would be signed before July rolled around.

The Journal is reporting that the targets have now been identified and the first set of offers for players will go out later this week.

Training starts a week tomorrow, so it would be good if we can get some of our new players through the door soon.

The press will try to judge who’s won the battle between Pardew and Carr, depending on which players are signed this summer.

But we hope it’s not like that, and the three of them will decide together which players will be brought in, and it’s very likely to be a mix between English players and those from the continent.

Those players who will leave the club will be decided by Alan Pardew and Joe Kinnear together.

In spite of the negative reaction to Joe Kinnear’s appointment, and the way he has embarrassed himself and Newcastle at the same time, if Joe takes a back seat at the club and lets Pardew continue to be the face of Newcastle to the press, things could work out a lot better than we think.

Maybe.

But the key is for Joe to stop making headlines for all the wrong reasons, and an easy way that Mike Ashley can do that, is to stop Joe speaking to the press – because there’s no reason in the job he now has that he needs to do much of that.

Now there’s a positive.

But it does look like some good progress is being made on the transfer front and that’s good news – now we need to sign some good players.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Markaccus

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM

From last…

GoodfellaNowhere in the london olympic village was allowed to sell chips (appart from fish and chips as our national dish). So if you went to any other food outlet within the complex for a pie or sausages or something, you couldnt have chips with it because maccy dees were the sponsors. I sent e mails to them saying they were banning people selling a product thet maccys themselves DIDNT sell. Fries and chips are not the same. I did not enter maccys for the whole time the games were on, and still will not eat thier fries. I wasnt even at the games, but i was livid that this was allowed to happen!

• pawl250

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM

REPOST: Sorry its a book, but I didnt write all of the below for it to be buried in a previous page.

Choose to read it, or not. Up to you.
    ______________________________

WHY do people want Mike Ashley to leave?

Other than the odd bad decision which normally comes around to make sense at some point he has done well for this club!

He has sold no BIG players other than Carroll, WHICH started uproar at the time and in the end was the deal of the century! I mean Liverpool have taken a 20m loss on the price they bought him for! And he arguably isnt worth 15m!

Name another player that we have lost since?!

He brought in Keegan for the fans, and although a legend he was a fossil in the modern era. Sorry but he was. The buys of Colo, Jonas are from Dennis Wise not Keegan, and although we got Xisco in that time we really forced Wise out the club.

He choose Kinnear for manager, but really WHO wanted to come to Newcastle which at the time was a mess.

Shearer was fans choice of manager, and still he didnt do anything, infact he will never be a good manager while I have a hole in my ……

Chris Hughton appointment was met with skeptical eyes, but he did marvelous, and well I cannot really see why we sacked him in the end but still he was doing it in the sense to improve the club. Not lower it, he has no benefit in doing that!

Then DL came in and we managed to find a negative in that, but he has negotiated excellent players, for excellent value. He comes across as a very logical business man and well people still moaned about it.

WHY?! Because he changed a Stadium name in the attempt to generate Revenue?! Its the times deal with it! Ok its sad to see the name change overall, BUT its a name the history and stadium still exist!

THEN Pardew ok, I never understood the appointment, but last season fans were singing his name. Then since he went down hill, YES but really he has not done that bad a job. He is just off 3rd for all time winning percentages, and his whole tenure was in the PL.

He has not done that bad of a job!

Overall the team is the strongest I have seen since Bobby and the days of Robert, Bellmay, Shearer, Speed, Solano etc.

We have a fantastic policy!

The appointment of Joe Kinnear may look skeptical. It is not, he is doing to improve the club, I personally understand the background of Kinnear coming in someone with football knowledge. BUT I feel Joe Kinnear was the wrong man for the job.

BUT who am I?! Ashley has done so far more positives for this club than negative.

Give the bloke more time, he may surprise you. Joe Kinnear is the only farce right now at this club, and thats because he does not come across well in the press.

Overall I think its all being blown out of proportion, and the last thing we need in crucial times is a owner that could end up making us like Portsmouth dropping through divisions.

With Ashley I feel PL will always be a factor, I also feel he will always want to finish in top 10.

Half the fans are like sheep, and dont form their own logical opinion, they just follow the crowd.

If you look at what MA has done overall, he has done more positives then negatives, he just doesn’t care about what people think.

A logical person will look at him and say he is a business man, he is not going to appoint someone for the sake of it. He is doing it to ultimately for what he believes will improve the club, in return making him more money!

Owning a PL club, that is self sustained, or not far off is a massive thing these days.

YES we owe him money, but atleast we are not paying interest in debts increasing them in the process.

If fans understood the financial impact MA has made then they would appreciate him more. YET they just want to spout drivel over meaningless things!

Ask yourself, Keegan, the fans choice! If he was so good WHY is he sitting on TV at ESPN, a second rate PL coverage channel?!

Shearer, great footballer, awful manager! Again what is he doing sitting on TV on MOTD!?

Seriously, wake up and realise a good thing while it is infront of you!

We have a decent team, and average manager. Last season we received ALOT of injuries, being negative in this way only attracts more bad press, ultimately making NUFC look like a clown club in the process. It also makes it less attractive to new players in talks with the club!

All this campaign is doing is shooting itself in the foot! Seriously get a grip and support the club rather than advertising it as a shambles!

• geordiesteve520

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Is that a tongue in cheek ironic headline Ed, mispelling Carr in the same headline as Kinnear, subtle! :p

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Lilongwe,I know you claim not to like Ashley but when you state that he has spent 267M on the club “personally” you word it in such a way that he is some type of kindly benefactor, 130M is still owed which believe me will be paid back, then he will be left with a football club potentially worth 200M, take into account the success we have helped bring to SD and he could walk away with a handsome profit, which as his club he can do what he wants,but why should we have to suffer for his business success and his footballing failings.

• sparky55

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM

well said Paw…the shame of it is though he doesn’t have the passion for the club like he does for SD and that’s loud and clear.

we the fans made sure he’d never fall in love with the club and those that are starting another Ashley campaign and not going to help the matter.

loads of fans on here complain he didn’t strengthen the club last summer…but if loved the club then he might have invested but because all he was interested in was keeping the club in the premiership then why should he bother.

He only spent 18 million in january because he thought we might be going down…Ashley’s only desire for this club is to keep it in the premiership and on that basis he won’t be spending much this summer (nett) and he’ll never fall in love with the club especially when the fans are still calling for him to go.

I think both sides should just keep their mouths shut and just let Ashley get on with it and see where it takes us til it’s sold

• G

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM

@Pawl, I agree with most of what you say, and I have on many occasions in the past reverted my own form of the argument into this: I do not like MA, however, it is difficult to find fault with his financial model, which long term will keep the club on a sound footing. My own preference is that I would much rather have an MA type character making the club sustainable and bringing relative success, than some Oil Sheik with billions simply buying the title, and thereby creating ‘paper champions’

• Rotonda heights

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Really hope Carr still has final say over Pardew and Kinnear otherwise I hate to think of the dross those 2 would pull in.

Pawl, I think a lot of people appreciate some of what Ash has done but his fatal and seemingly never ending flaw is in appointing the wrong people to key posts.

Plus I think Ash’s greed would never see him sell at the right price, only at an extremely over-inflated one.

• sparky55

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I’ll take a paper champion!

• G

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Was that ironic Sparky55? Seriously, modern fans show nothing but scorn and contempt to Chelsea, and Man City fans because they are seen as paper champions. Would you want to be associated with that? I personally wouldn’t, although I can understand somebody wanting a quick fix. I would much rather go down the route of 80′ Liverpool, or 90’s/2000’s Manyoo of self generating success.

• one Tony Green

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM

repost

@ Wynsleap why do you see the need to come and start your post off by insulting many people on here because the have a different opinion to you.

Here is a new scenario for you which has actually happened at Cardiff.

New owners come in the change the strip from black and white to red and white and change the badge.

New owners come and leverage debt up against the club and then walk. Porstmouth/Hearts/Leeds.

These are facts. I accept you have a different opinion and respect that but have the courtesy of reciprocating that respect please.

• toonincheek

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Don’t really understand why MA should trust JK
    but not AP or DL, especially when those two had,
    it seems, built up a good relationship.

But – if appointing JK gives MA the confidence
    to splash the cash, that would be a positive.

• Greebol1892

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Ashley’s biggest mistake was not having a “football” person alongside him with/instead of Llambias (good move getting Llambias out).
    Now we have Joe Kinnear to help out.
    Not ideal but we’ll have to see if this bears any fruit because the proof is in the pudding. So I’m looking forward to some nice fruit puddings and “hopefully” our manager uses his players better but I’m not convinced after last season. In my opinion Pardew is insufficiently tactically astute to be successful long term (long-ball, players out of position, substitutions, etc, etc, etc.)

My general feeling is that there is way too much hype about the slightest story these days and I never believe ANYTHING in the papers – especially the southern toilet papers…..

Supporting The Toon has not been a glory ride in my lifetime (40yrs) but I will still support the team through all the shite.

For those who are opposed to the management/board/staff,etc. show it by staying away & don’t buy any merch or SD stuff. In reality this will never happen on a large enough scale to “hurt” Ashley financially and “force” him out but I do think he has had enough anyway; and if he had a buyer he would definitely sell.

HTL

• one Tony Green

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Cardiff fans just love the fact their strip is now Red and not Blue.

• Goodfella

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

@markaccus
    What a joke I didn’t know that

Regarding JFK and Carr hopefully they will make a move before weekend getting boring now

• pawl250

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

G –

I concur, and what will Man City be if the Sheikh decides to sell up?! They will be a club on the down, and ultimately unsustainable. I wouldn’t mind winning anything, hell I sometimes wish we had some amazing players like that. BUT eventually the outcome will be disastrous.

Rotanda –

Ashley is has the right to ask for more than he paid, why?! Because we are a better club all around than when he first took over. We had mercenaries like Owen at the club. We also had a poor team overall. This teams value is arguably 5 to 10x more than that of the team he paid for. We are more financially stable.

Its also worth a note that the money he put in, he is entitled to that back in some format. He could easily take his finger out the dam, and let the debt increase.

I agree Kinnear is the wrong man, but when has he let us down so far?! Do you really think he will allow Kinnear to stay if he is not performing the task given?! Really?!

This is a business decision, we should have the respect to see how it comes off in the end.

As for Pardew/Carr I hope that a ground is met in the middle. As for Carr, yes he is amazing at finding talent, but as Pardew is the manager he needs to put a team together he foresees playing his managerial style. Thats not exactly encouraging, but neither should have more say than the other.

But if you had Carr bringing in small players, pacey and quick a Barca type team, with Sam Allardyce as manager it will never work. So they really need to work together rather than either being imposed overall.

• bills-son

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

paw1250 – absolutely fantastic post – one of the best if not THE best I’ve ever read on here.

As, Charlie at the Galowgate and myself said earlier – what our fans don’t realise is that most fans at other clubs are laughing at THEM not Ashley. If you want to know why read paw1250 ‘s brilliant post.

Listen to this nonsense from sparky55 this morning which is typical of hysterically biased, blind hatred of the current management structure – Sparky says “which also means we’ll never be able to attract a top player again with Pardew and JFK running the club”

Fans saying Ashley has to stop making decisions which make the club a laughing stock, put it in turmoil, unrest, calamity, melt down and bring relegation certainty and all the rest need to understand that is THE FANS AND THE PRESS that do that not Ashley.

Every fan on here should read and re-read paw1250’s post – it is the most unbiased, non-hysterical, non-hacky press influenced assessment of Ashley’s regime that you will find.

And no surprise that I for one agree with it 100%.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Last thing we want is a New York Finance Company to buy the TOON – only means ASSET STRIPPING

• G

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM

@17, I see both City and Chelsea have not had the rich-benefactor treatment, but both have had substantial debts placed on them in the form of interest free loans. Times will be far from stress-less when their respective owners have had enough and decide they want their money back fast.

• one Tony Green

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Indian the first article is from 2008 my friend.

Also my concern about Americans owning the club is that they tend to leverage all the finance through debt. Liverpool, Man United, Villa and the mackems.

• Raffo

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I am amazed with the comment ‘only spent £18million’. That seems rather alot to me, esp when wages, fees, etc are taken into account. Paw I salute you. V well put. I think Ashely is doing what he can within a tight financial framework. Fine. What I want is Pardew and the coaching staff upgraded. We have a good nucleus of players, and it seems rather clear that we suprised many with our 5th place finish, and had no plan B last year as we got found out. Thats Pardews fault. Perhaps we couldve/shudve strengthened in the summer last year, but after finishing 5th I didnt think we would struggle as we did, so why would MA?

Pardew and his tactics are the main problem. MA is doing what he can and all this clamour for him to go is based on what? Not going in for Falcao for stupid money? What do fans want. We dont have the money, the appeal, the revenue, income, status to appeal to be in for these players. We are a mid table team. Full stop. Face it and move on

• one Tony Green

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM

@Paw I totally agree with Billson.

• Indian Magpie

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM

OTG

I know

It was the occasion when ADUG were trying to buy us but Ashley forced them away with their price demands

• one Tony Green

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Indian I do not think Ashely is doing a bad job in very difficult circumstances.

• Indian Magpie

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM

OTG

I think it is all his doing

• sparky55

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Bill-son

Strange how I also completely agree with Paw and agree that the only real weakness is the poor management structure he has in place…which is exactly what I said and anything but hysterical whenI said it

Sparky 55…the voice of reason! hahahaha…don’t you just love this place!

• one Tony Green

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Well that is your opinion but I a suggest you read the post from Paw which is well composed, rational and thought out.

• Raffo

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Its ok lads, we are apparantly the 20th richest club in the world, so that means we should be spunking money all over the place. Your right. Some fans are truly blinkered and really wrong

• GeordieDan

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Pawl>

I can appreciate a lot of where you’re coming from but he tried to buy the club as quickly as possible while Freddy Sheperd was in hospital and because of that he decided to not bother with due diligance.

Because of this massive oversight for such a supposed business expert he put HIMSELF in the position where he suddenly owed £130 million extra or whatever the figure was.

He may not charge any interest on his ‘loan’ to the club but it has hardly been paid off at all. He is over £24million in tbe black just on player transfers since his arrival but the loan is reportedly more or less what it was originally-it is hardly getting touched!

EVERY SINGLE piece of hatred towards him he has brought on himself by his appalling ignorance to us fans, his continuous ridiculous appointments of average or just plain pathetic persons at manager and board level, the name change, the slagging off of Shearer, the lying to KK and slagging off of KK…………………

You defend the financial state of the club under his tenure and argue your points well but make no mistake Mike Ashley does not give a flying **** about us or our club other than money.

That is why I personally will never be happier than when he finally f***s off for good. He is a pig ignorant, vile, scum of a person and desereves nothing at all from us and our great club other than the grief he gets.

The reason he never talks is simple-if you’ve got nothing nice to say tben u say nowt.

He doesnt like us AT ALL and I hate him even more. Nothing will change my mind on that ar5ehole. NOWT

• ArtyH

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Really interesting reading today for a change, makes you think, and after the bluster of another what looks like a shit appointment, we will just have to wait and see. Still think we are better off than most and a lot better off than under the fat scrap man.

• duflet

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Better the devil you know! whose to say what the agenda of any potential new owners would be. Marquee signing to keep us sweet but then rack the debt up against the club….. mmm no thanks, Kinnear well he might do a canny job provided he keeps his mouth shut!

• GenralHez

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Well done PAW1250, the toon is much stronger under MA than before. I also believe in giving folks a chance but feel Pards has had his.

GeordieDan – perhaps you cannot help yourself or you do not have a good command of the English language but the childish use of the swear words is a poor reflection on you, try growing up.

• Spotlight Kid

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM

REPOST (to counter PAWS’s repost)

PAW – your masterpiece of wishful thinking viewed through rose tinted specs (borrowed from bills-son?) is obviously set to run and run consecutive articles. So, just to counter a few of the many ludicrous assertions contained while having a coffee:

WHY do people want Mike Ashley to leave?

Because he hasn’t a clue about running football clubs, period. His business model is creaky and financially skewed, with little sign of on field success being a priority. It was he who overpaid by at least £100m for the club, thus leaving the club perpetually dependent on loans – completely unnecessarily. Compare this to Norwich, who will be in the black and completely loan free later this year, finished above NUFC in the league, and have already beaten NUFC to a supposed target signing.

That would be why it narrowly escaped relegation in 16th place?

He choose Kinnear for manager, but really WHO wanted to come to Newcastle which at the time was a mess?

Did he actually seriously try to find anyone else? Evidence, please?

Which half would that be? Who are you to call the fans ‘sheep’ anyway? Again evidence please!

No he hasn’t. Where was the club when he bought it, and where is it now – financially and footballing wise? He has made error after error – and the myth of ‘sound financial management’ is just that – a myth. Ashley gambled, overpaid for the club, and the fans are still picking up the tab.

he changed a Stadium name in the attempt to generate Revenue?!

According to reports Sports Direct paid not one silver farthing for the vandalising the ground with advert graffiti, or the name change.

(see above also) Norwich managed it in a fraction of the time Ashley has had, with half the fan base and has a team that beat both Man City and Man Utd last season.

Seriously, wake up and realise a good thing while it is infront of you!

Fans are waking up, and forming associations to challenge the received wisdom Ashley has been peddling directly and by proxy. One day they will succeed as he is unworthy of the ownership of the club.

support the club rather than advertising it as a shambles!

It’s Ashley’s methods that are a shambles, that’s what folks are saying, try reading. The club is being tainted by association with MA’s methods – ie Wonga, JFK etc. On Wonga alone, smaller clubs have got better deals with much better firms, so where’s the much vaunted business acumen here? And would JFK get a post at ANY other Prem or Championship club??

• GeordieDan

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Genralhez>

I choose to swear when appropriate and whenever I discuss Ashley is is largely appropriate. I am entitled to my opinion and argue it with FACTS to back it up. YOu simply take a cheapo shot and call me childish because a man who makes my skin crawl obligates me to swear?

Well if you don’t like my opinion or language kindly fu*k off yourself pal!

Furthermore if you tell me to grow up again and I’ll show you another piece of childishness and offer to smash your teeth in at a place of your choosing you condecending little prick.

Have a nice day. 😀

• killingworth38

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Agree full with PAW1250 but even if I didn’t I would applaud his sane, clear, calm argument. I actually hate the mad over the top crudeness of many of the contributors. They seem, on paper anyway the sort of blokes who’d punch me for disagreeing with them! Or, may be they are just really angry couch potatoes.

It is so absurd to argue that MA does things deliberately to hurt the club. He IS a businessman who surely must want his asset to prosper. Can people not concede this at least?

Part of the fans lies with the cloak of secrecy round transfer dealings. Do we really expect MA/AP to come to a press conference and announce that we are making an offer for Lionel Messi today and Wayne Rooney tomorrow? MA and co are really good at keeping that quiet till a signing is agreed. It is more than possible thazt many enquiries have been made already this summer and that many are turned down at first basis because of (a) our current league status, (b) our geography. We love the snow, the rain, Whitley Bay and the Bigg Mkt pubs but it must be hard to attract superstars from Milan, Monaco, Madrid and (c) the ‘small’ problem of wages. Who out there really thinks it is a sound idea to offer a 21 year old 100 grand a week?

I think the management team have a really hard enough job trying to live up to the expectations of our 50,000+ And remember not since the amateur managers of the early ‘fifties have managers succeeded at St James’ Park.

I just say good luck AP, JK etc. You wont get any thanks!

• killingworth38

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM

ps looks like Geordie Dan proves my point. Puncher and/or couch potato?

• GeordieDan

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM

killingworth38>

Puncher and or couch potato? Genious.

And what point do you have exactly? On Earth I mean, not on this blog. Did you just feel like a bit of a dig as well because you have nothing football related to contribute?

That other generalwotshisface decided to call me childish. I thought that I would induldge his little provocation then you jump on and claim I’ve “proved you point”?

Cheap shots from muppets of your ilk I can take all day long. Hide behind your grannies computer if you like. I simply offered the other ar5ehole a bit of leisurely activity-you know to get me off the couch. 😉

If you would prefer to take up the offer then I’ll gladly give your dentist some business as well bonny lad.

I’m fed up of pathetic ar5eholes on here thinking they can just call anyone they like from a distance. I don’t take anything like that personally but will gladly offer them a chance to back up their verbal attack with something a bit more tangible.

Good day silly little boy.

• Geordie crappa

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM

You know what the problem is here? People say what their heart is feeling before they engage their brain and vise versa.

• count

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Geordie Dan, you need to get a grip and learn about what a really seriously bad situation is.

People like PAW ( ‘kin awesome post and sentiment by the way) obviously have a more considered, educated and realistic philosophy on life than you and are able to act and speak constructively and like decent human beings.

You just come across as an imbecile. Do you seriously think someone’s physical abilities (you obviously like to think yourself the hard man) has the slightest relevance to whether other people think your opinion is in any way worth two sh!tes?

You sound like a child. “silly little boy” what a nobheed. Way to back up your argument!