The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Man City Striker Could Be Good Buy For Newcastle

5:18 pm, Sunday, June 30th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 121 Comments

I had breakfast this morning with my son Neil, and of course we talked about possible striker targets this summer for Newcastle, and Neil brought up Manchester City striker John Guidetti – who had done very well out on loan at Feyenoord the season before last – but he seemed to have disappeared last season, when he stayed at Manchester City.

John Guidetti 99

John Guidetti - while on loan at Feyenoord

Newcastle were said to be interested in the striker last summer, and we were linked with him a number of times, but in the end we didn’t bring any strikers in, and that cost us last season – out squad was simply not big enough for Europe.

John was on loan in the 2011-2-012 season at Feyenoord, and he had a very good season scoring 20 goals and having 8 assist in his 23 appearances for the Dutch side.

And at the time the Feyenoord manager was Ronald Koeman, who had also managed Zlatan Ibrahimovic at Ajax, and Koeman said “Guidetti can be as good as Ibrahimovic in the future.”

Before the loan deal in Holland Guidetti had made his full debut for the Manchester City side, when he was in the starting line-up in the League Cup third round match against West Brom in September of 2010, but he has played very few times for City since then – in fact that’s his only first team competitive game for City.

In October last year, Guidetti signed a new 3 year deal with Manchester City, keeping him at the Etihad Stadium until 2015, but this lad may be a good signing for Newcastle, and there could even be the possibility of getting him on loan for next season.

Newcastle could then judge just how good he is in the Premier league – and at least he would be given a chance, which he doesn’t seem to be getting at City.

Last season the fee that he was supposed to be available for was around £7M, but that would be probably be lower this summer.

Guidetti has played for all the Swedish Youth sides, and made his full International debut last year in the friendly away to Croatia, coming on as a half time substitute in that game.

Not exactly sure what happened to this lad last year, and he may not be coming through like City had hoped, but maybe Newcastle could bring the lad in on loan next season?

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

121 responses so far ↓

• 1 HullMag6 // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Only if the price is right

• 2 Toonboy_84 // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Ketsbaia9 // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Ha ha ha ha. That’s got nothing on the shit you spout off lad.

• 3 geordie157 // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Think he was injured for all or most of last season.

• 4 bills-son // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I dont think Cabaye or HBA will go unless an offer of £25M+ comes in – which I doubt, but if it does I would snatch their hands off.

Spark55 says we have to wait until Cabaye, HBA and Cisse decide if they want to stay before deciding who we saig. I very much doubt that. If Ashley wants them to honour their contract they wont be going anywhere unless a stupid AC type offer comes in.

If Ashley wanted to cash in he’d have sold two or three players in the last few windows.

Bent? Worth signing at £3M tops, 3 year deal at max £50K a week.

• 5 Indian Magpie // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Blah Blah Blah ED

You could say that abt 1000 players

• 6 sparky55 // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:28 PM

bollox…repost cos ED started yet another string!

repost

Stuart No 9…yes…very sorry…I over-stepped the mark there and apologise unreservedly!

Bills-son…I’m not anti ashley…but the 5 year plan and transfer strategy blue print said he’ll buy cheap and sell high to bankroll the next acquisitions AND their wages in an effort for the club to become self financing…which I whole heartedly agree with by the way…so at some point he has to start selling.

Selling can be because (a) a player wants to leave or (b) part of the aforesaid strategy to raise the money for more player acquisitions as per the 5 year plan model, or (c) just to raise money so he can put it in the bank

We have yet to see the selling part of the cycle but we will this summer for sure but mainly IMO because I think three purples want to leave.

I again have no problem with that on the basis we get 6 players in so we are nett 3 players better off.

No ashley bashing here…just want to see him do what he said he was going to do and we have to be realistic in that it’s very difficult to keep players that are determined to move on

• 7 Ketsbaia9 // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:28 PM

The club seemed to take notice of me though. I advised us to sign Cisse, Mbiwa and Debuchy and we all signed them. Gouffran and Haidara were surprised.

• 8 bills-son // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Sparky55 – that bet is still open if your balls have hardened over the past few days.

• 9 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Ed
    What happened last season is he was struck down with a virus that attacked his central nervous system and paralysed his right leg, it almost ended his career!
    Don’t think he’ll be going any where apparantly citeh really rate this lad and have big big plans for him
    At most we might get the lad on loan, but we don’t do loan deals!!

• 10 toonking // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:29 PM

from previous post
    bill 96
    keep going mate the blog needs more like you because at the minute it is hard to find anything positive.
    do you follow England much?
    if you are you able to stay just as relaxed about them.
    i am probably in a simular state to you with newcastle at the minute but where i find it hard to remain relaxed and get overly negative is the national team.

• 11 bills-son // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Sparky read your last post before I posted my bet one – fair do’s mate, at the end of this summer it will all be clearer. Hopefully for the positive eh.

• 12 jonobbad // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Why would we loan this kid in when we can just give campbell more games.
    wow we are scraping the bottom of the barrel with this lad and bent.

• 13 sparky55 // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Bills-son…please stop mis quoting me…it’s most irritating although I’m pretty sure that’s exactly why you’re doing it.

Just for the record and for the avoidance of doubt…I suggested it MAY be the reason why we haven’t played any transfer cards yet in that it may be a good idea to understand who wants to leave or will be allowed to leave before the transfer strategy is finalised.

• 14 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM

@Toonboy – Hate the word ‘purple’ players and the word ‘smokescreen’. Seems to be used by lots of people. Does my head in.

Ha ha ha ha. That’s got nothing on the shit you spout off lad.

—–

Lol, exactly what I thought.

Kets – where do you have the copy of your dream boy’s contract to say 6.5m would get him? Or that he’d come here?

Or that Zarate would?

“The club seemed to take notice of me though”

Are you actually serious? Really? Your own self-importance never fails to amaze me.

• 15 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Bills
    I have no issues with Ashley’s recruitment policy, when he actually uses it
    But last summer was an epic fail and January was nothing more than blind panic repairing the damage done by not investing in the summer
    As sparky correctly pointed out, look at our bench last season, it was pathetic!
    Can we only have one good player for each position? Where are the game changers?

The issue I have with Ashley is his half ars3d approach to all his appointments
    JFK as a DOF? Did he even bother to interview anyone else or just hand another job to one of his pals?
    The “refurb” of the youth system he wanted us to depend so heavily on, basically he sacked off half the squad didn’t bother replacing them just bought the odd youngster and hasn’t met the requirements to upgrade the status

And his reps coming out the other day saying he’d consider selling if the offer was right hardly screams big plans or ambition

The bloke constantly drags this club into a media circus he’s a t1t

• 16 colwell // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:37 PM

F**k me KETS has posted something without mentioning Alderweireld in.

• 17 jonobbad // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Not a single purple player is leaving.
    My mate knows someone who knows an electrician who has done some work for a nufc player, and he has told me that sparky is full of s**t and everyone is staying because of the staff discount they get from sports direct stores.

• 18 bills-son // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Sparky – did you bother to read my post at 11 before replying at 13?

• 19 Toonboy_84 // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Well Kets, as the club take notice of you. Could you please ask for messi, ronaldo and scharner please. That would be most appreciated. Thanks.

• 20 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Jonobbad
    Do they get one of those cool SD mugs every time they score or get an assist?

• 21 christoon5369 // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM

no chance, city rate him very highly and hes happy there, he was told hed get first team chances before his injury, was just unlucky last season

• 22 sparky55 // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Bills-son…it overlapped whilst I was writing my last post…I therefore apologise if it looked like I was being a tw@t…I appreciate the olive branch and more than happy to see what happens so we can pick up on our respective views at the end of the window…my apologies again!

• 23 Belfast // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Another player that we get linked with every single transfer window.

• 24 bills-son // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:53 PM

sparky, cheers.

• 25 wolfshead@toon // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:55 PM

pfffft i reckon no buys this window probably out of spite because of those loyal ten percent of fans who want ashley out well done

• 26 yo-yo // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Kets
    As you use the scattergun approach sooner or later we are going to sign one or two players off your extensive wishlists.
    At a percentage ‘hit’ rate I bet you’re well below 10%

• 27 OhSholaAmeobi // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Wouldn’t mind Guidetti but he might get a chance at city, they only have Aguero and Dzeko at the mo and will probably bring another in

• 28 lukes26 // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I, for one, enjoy Kets posts.

It’s like having rowan atkinson as your wingman. You might not be attractive, but seem attractive in comparison.

My posts might be utter drivel, but in comparison they’re sensible and prescient

• 29 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Cardiff have apparantly agreed a fee for ince

• 30 sparky55 // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:06 PM

How many players is that we’ve now been linked with that have gone somewhere else already.

if it is true we were linked and were interested, what is it that is putting players off coming to Newcastle and going to clubs like Swansea, cardiff, Aston villa, Norwich, Fulham, stoke and west Brom instead ???

Answers on a post card to Alan Pardew and JFK

• 31 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Sparky
    The answers on the postcard would be JFK and pardew!

• 32 sparky55 // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM

TDS…exactly!!!

• 33 WWYCD // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM

So Cabaye is expected to leave according to who today?

• 34 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:29 PM

@SkySportsNews: Blackpool manager Paul Ince confirms Cardiff have bid accepted for son Thomas Ince #SSN

Real shame genuinely thought we’d be back in for this lad after having a bid turned down maybe £8 mil was just too steep or maybe Cardiff can garutee first team

• 35 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Yo
    Not sure what rags are reporting it but most French media seem to think PSG are green lighting a bid of around €21 mil

• 36 Big Pappa Cissé // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:32 PM

This is so frustrating. Everyone seems to be moving for players except us. I know its early but still :(

• 37 sparky55 // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:35 PM

only 18 stories about cabaye leaving on the first page of the newcastle newsnow web-site…so maybe more than just a rumour

• 38 WWYCD // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:36 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    21mill Euros? Not too much hope of that being excepted imo but hey let them try if he wants off we might as well make PSG and Monaco enter a bidding war for him

Easy story to print though isn’t it, depressed French international targeted by the biggest spending clubs in France…could be true of course

• 39 sparky55 // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:39 PM

BPC…like I’ve said a few times now…IMO I think Pardew and JFK have to establish who’s looking to leave before they finalise their list of targets and make their move.

Whatever happens we need another good striker irrespective of who’s staying or going and maybe a winger can be bought irrespective of who’s staying or going but any other positional replacements must surely require clarity of who’s going before they make their minds up of who to go after??

• 40 Indian Magpie // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:39 PM

What a FK

• 41 Rotonda heights // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM

wolfshead

I am not one of the 10% who particularly want Ashley out but do you seriously think for one minute he really gives a rats what they think.

Plus if Ash doesn’t buy players to spite the 10%, doesn’t that kind of prove them right as Ash would clearly not have the best interests of the club at heart that being the case.

I think Ash is clearly between a rock and a hard place.
    He is obviously upset about the 8 year deals and maybe even the Wonga association.

We are in flux with a poor manager and a ranting madman on the loose. That may all be Ash’s fault but it’s hardly an attractive cocktail for any would-be incoming players is it.

• 42 MacToon // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Cabaye isn’t going anywhere, I have it on good authority:
    ‘Yohan Cabaye won’t be sold’ JFK a little over a week ago.

• 43 Big Pappa Cissé // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM

@ sparky

It just makes you wonder though. How long have we needed another striker ?, I thought we would have brought one in straight away regardless of the clear-out.

I just hope Kinnear hasn’t looked at our top 3 targets scouted by Carr and said “I don’t fu**ing like them” .

• 44 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Yo
    I’d be amazed if accept anything less than £20 mil sterling but who knows maybe if we’re smart we can get £15 mil + sahko/matuidi

Be a decent bit of business but that being said would be nice to show some ambition and just say F off he’s not for sale

But yeah if we could get a price that bank rolled day de Jong and PEA be hard to be to upset like

• 45 sparky55 // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:48 PM

BPC…agreed…we need a new striker no matter what…but PEA and Bent haven’t gone anywhere yet so maybe some light at the end of the tunnel and perhaps some movement from tomorrow when window officially opens.

I’m confident something will happen this week!!!!

• 46 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:49 PM

BPC
    Lol yeah we’ve needed another CF since we sold best and lovinghands!

Mac toon
    ITK my ars3 get your facts right, yohan kebab is not for sale! He said nout about cabs
    Lay off that chilli sauce ;)

• 47 scout // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Cardiff 8 million bid accepted by Blackpool for ince

• 48 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:53 PM

35% of that fee goes to Liverpool
    £8 mil is a hell of alot for a fizzy pop player especially after the U 21′s showing!

• 49 scout // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I’m thinking with no bid for Ince were either bidding for better players or no players. I was told last week that a big name striker was imminent.

• 50 Big Pappa Cissé // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:58 PM

We should go for Redmond as an alternative to Ince

• 51 Ketsbaia9 // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Ok, here’s my wishlist:

Alderweireld
    Belhanda
    Siem De Jong
    Zarate
    Mcmanaman
    Benteke
    Remy
    Bony

I bet we’ll sign at least 2 of these.

Last year we missed out on Jan Vertonghen, Douglas etc.

• 52 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Two stunning free kicks in the Italy Uruguay game 2-2 heading in to ET

• 53 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Cardiff are apparantly also in for cordoza, have tabled a £12 mil bid, if this lad wants out defo worth a punt

• 54 Premiership Manager // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:03 PM

With the current controversy, our league position and what is going behind the scenes it is very unlikely that we will be able to attract the calibre of players required to meet fan expectations.

Joe Kinnear is only a small part of the equation however the fact that we could lose Cabaye and several other players is a very worrying thought.

The rumoured £12M incoming bid from PSG is a realistic price for the player. Forget the £20-25M smoke screen, £12M is a realistic price as it will more than double Ashley’s investment and is a realistic price for a player who is yet to reach his potential at the club.

Don’t get me wrong, Cabaye is a good player however when you run his stats against former NUFC midfielders he isn’t exactly setting the world on fire and is very unlikely to improve.

HBA is another player who may also go. Some fans like him but others don’t. in one hand you have flair, ability and a player who can turn a game but in the other you have a liability in that he gives away the ball far to freely and fails to pick critical passes out in favour of doing it himself. He’s not a team player and that’s why he isn’t in the France team line up.

Personally I’m dreading the start of the season because we have a very good fixture table and if we don’t get off to a good start, the writing will be on the wall.

In normal circumstances I would have blamed the manger however with the goings on behind the scenes, Pardue deserves an exemption certificate as matters are now out of his hands and I actually feel sorry for him.

It’s never dull but this farce has taken its toll and if the season goes the way I think it will, I won’t be happy

• 55 kevymartins // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Ince away to cardiff suppost to be 8 million surprised at that,alota teams where intrested in him.

• 56 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Milan Badelj also wants to move on from hamburg, good cabs replacement if he left??

• 57 Indian Magpie // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Look at Villa Look at us

• 58 Levi // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I think he would make a great 3rd striker as would bent. But if we bring him and bent in i would be gutted

• 59 JackButler // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:09 PM

8 million for Ince?

Great young player but God it’s easy to see why so many clubs go oversea’s for players

• 60 Indian Magpie // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Bringing in JFK is a Masterstroke by Ashley!

None of the fans expect him to deliver a breakthrough in the window.

In addition, he will get up the skins of many players by speech impediment and will force them out.

• 61 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Another leaked variation of our home kit?

• 62 toon kk // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I hope we don’t keep sitting back and keep missing our transfer targets.

• 63 Rotonda heights // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Premiership manager

Why sorry for Pardew. He’s had 1 good season in 3. So did Roeder! Pardew sets up the negative hoof ball tactics trying to ram a dinosaur English game down players who naturally play a modern European style.

• 64 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I know it’s not NUFC related but Sunderland will be reet in the deep stuff this season without mignolet

• 65 Belfast // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Another f***** leaked kit lol

I liked the one that was knocking about yesterday

• 66 Belfast // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:18 PM

The fee is so high for Ince because Liverpool get 35% of the transfer fee

• 67 Indian Magpie // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:18 PM

We have too many problems of our own w/o worrying about others

• 68 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Belfast
    I know there’s hundreds of them
    Think I like that one the most though, not that I’ll be buying one though

• 69 sparky55 // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Premiership…I agree with everything you say except I don’t feel sorry for Pardew one bit…IMO his showing last year was such he shouldn’t even be the manager right now

• 70 Belfast // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:23 PM

What’s 35% of 8 million then ?
    Any of you maths geeks care to tell a thick kernt like me ? :)

• 71 sparky55 // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM

if whoever sells the ‘IN CARR WE TRUST” T-shirts put “IN PARDEW WE DON’T” on the back…he’d sell more t-shirts than Ashley would sell replica shirts

• 72 JDdubai // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Hmmmmmmmm

Just thinking, wishing maybe..

Toon said nothing will happen til july, belhanda said imminent news of where he is going, tomorrow is july 1st……

Maybe, just maybe….

Would love belhanda and/or siem de jong

Young cb, not someone expecting to be first choice as Colo and Mbiwa should be for me

Cf, pref for Pea obv but will see

Young english players…really dont see why we wouldnt take a chance on redmond for 3million. Fits our strategy, english, huge potential, even if he is crap in 4 years whats 3 million with the new tv deal??
    That kid from derby too but 10mill is stupid unless its heavily based on hitting appearance targets in the future etc

8mill too much for ince, happy to keep targeting abroad until the prices for english talent go down…tho this will only happen when we start sorting the kids out and producing more talent so its not as expensive..

• 73 Indian Magpie // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Belfast its 2.8 million

8*35/100

Of course i did it in my mind

• 74 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Of course…

Douche.

• 75 Indian Magpie // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:28 PM

BELHANDA off to DYNAMO KIEV apparently

• 76 Belfast // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Thanks Indian
    So the Blackpool are getting just over 5 million then.

• 77 Indian Magpie // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:30 PM

8-2.8=5.2

• 78 Ketsbaia9 // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:30 PM

The only english player I would sign would be Mcmanaman. All the rest are overpriced. That’s why we shop elsewhere.

• 79 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:33 PM

You’re better than Shola, would have been a PL footballer if you were born in England and you’re a maths whiz? I am humbled…

• 80 Sack Llambias // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Kinnear is an improvement on Llambias providing he is not seen as being the club official spokesman. We have been embarrassed enough.
    In the absence of an Ashley presence our PR department need to step into the breach and be more proactive and speak directly to the fans. Harking back to the KK days this was something that worked brilliantly and united the club and fans working in the best interests of both. What does it take for Ashley to realise that controversial planned decisions do require an explanation which is not clouded in mystery. We’ve seen Kinnear as being outspoken maybe he will change things this summer.
    Wouldn’t it be great to turn the volume down on the miseries on here with some class signings. We would then get back the posters with something new to say and enjoy the rest of the summer.
    The window opens in 4 hours 25 minutes and maybe, just maybe we have something to announce of interest.

• 81 Steven Lough // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM

On transfers .
    No news is good news last season all targets were leaked and we got shafted i.e remy and qpr.
    Just keep tight hold peoples its gonna be a rollercoaster .again

• 82 aidytoon9 // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Pre-season training starts on Thursday and no new players in ?
    Hope we will start bringing players in next week so they can settle into the team and area.
    Pea, belhanda, sakho, Sinclair.

• 83 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Kets
    Wigan fans reckon the club want £14 mil for him, if that isn’t over priced I don’t know what is

• 84 sparky55 // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM

IMO not only do we need the new players in…if the intention is to sack Pardew it should be done before thursday so the new manager has a full pre-season with the squad…we can’t afford to waste any more time with people who are not staying and I mean both manager and players when I say that

• 85 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM

@GFN_France: WAIT. Belhanda saga not over yet. Claims from mlactu.fr that Aston Villa will sign him tomorrow. #AVFC #MHSC

Seriously……..villa………seriously?

• 86 aidytoon9 // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Wouldn’t pay over 4 million for mcmanaman.

• 87 Indian Magpie // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Get French Football ?@GFN_France 41s

• 88 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:43 PM

@GFN_France: mlactu.fr are claiming that a picture of Younes Belhanda was published on the official Aston Villa site today and quickly taken down again.

• 89 aidytoon9 // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:44 PM

If toon are letting players like belhanda pass by they better have some top players lined up or we in for a tough season.

• 90 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM

@GFN_France: Strange from mlactu.fr who are relatively unknown. Then again Nabil Djellit’s story of a €29m bid by #NUFC for Zouma + Auba has been denied.

Lol tw@ers gone mental

• 91 Joe Blog // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM

We have got top players lined up:

Pilkington
    Bent
    Tomkins

What more do you want? Ungrateful gits!

• 92 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Italy win 3-2 on pens for 3rd place

• 93 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Sparky
    Ideally if we were going to have a change in management yeah it should of been a few weeks back, very tough to get a season back on track if we have a poor start and sack pards

• 94 Belfast // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I don’t even think we’re interested in belhanda.

• 95 Steven Lough // Jun 30, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I would sell cabaye to psg and take sakho in return + cash .
    His heart isnt in newcastle last season proved that .
    And i also think giving anita a chance he will show just how good he is .
    In my opinion he is a top player and will show that this season .

• 96 Indian Magpie // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Get French Football ?@GFN_France 1m

• 97 TorqToon // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Belhanda announced as a Kiev player.

He will do well there, but would’ve loved to see how he did in England.

• 98 nufc_eire // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:04 PM

• 99 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:05 PM

@TransferNewsCen: Betting sites have WBA to try and sign Nicolas Anelka, Clarke a fan but wages would be an issue. -Ash

Bloody hell all the clubs are at it ;)

@GFN_France: On further inspection claims that Belhanda has agreed to sign for Aston Villa are extremely weak and lack foundation. #MHSC

@GFN_France: “@Pleymore: @GFN_France Belhanda is in Kiev, he was caught on camera watching Dynamo – Zenit game.’ Villa claims are false. #Kiev #MHSC

@GFN_France: BREAKING: It has been announced in the Dynamo Kiev stadium that Younes Belhanda has signed for Kiev. (@iTufani)

@GFN_France: PHOTO: Belhanda in Kiev right now: http://t.co/yPpKlP2rVc (@pleymore)

• 100 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Torq
    What’s the appeal in these Ukraine and Russian clubs? Is it purely a money thing?

• 101 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Is that gomis sitting in front of him???

• 102 Indian Magpie // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Torq

Any News?

• 103 Indian Magpie // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:10 PM

TADS
    Some 1 said its MBOKANI

• 104 Peter // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I think our most important signing should be a natural born leader. A captain because getting the likes of PEA Bony etc would be great but pointless without a player to kick them up the backside when things are going bad . Liverpool 6-0 being an example of needing a player with leadership on the pitch. An in your face captain not a lead by example like colo

• 105 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Indian
    Is he some one we’ve been linked with? Recognised his pic straight away of the blog

• 106 Indian Magpie // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM

TADS

May have been, not sure.

• 107 TorqToon // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:15 PM

TADS – Unfortunately so. The figure’s I’m hearing belhanda will be on, its staggering.

And obviously there is plenty of money in Russia as we have seen.

Indian – Nothing new I’m afraid. Personally, I wouldnt believe all the reports saying we haven’t bid for our targets. I just know that we insist on 100% confidentially when we talk figures and submit offers, so as far as certain French news sources are concerned, they wouldnt know about our offers anyway, hence they have nothing to report.

These reports of our increased interest in PEA aren’t simply guesswork, and nor was his statement re NUFC – purely coincidental.

• 108 TorqToon // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Peter – completely agree.

Somebody said SHOULD we sell Cabaye (will only happen if he requests a move!) then we should include sakho in the deal. Add some cash to that and reinvest.

• 109 TorqToon // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:19 PM

It was Mbokani – also signed to Kiev.

• 110 Indian Magpie // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Kiev are also in for Stefan Savic 12 million euro bid submitted. WTF

• 111 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Torq
    Wow where the hell do they get the money like!!!
    Shows that the FFP rules don’t really work

• 112 Unbelievable Tekkers // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Torq – Where the hell have you been you know its silly season and as a resident ITK i think its your duty to be at our constant beckon call…you’ve been very selfish lately :)

• 113 toonarmydownsouth // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Wow lol
    @TheFootballBar: FACT: Cristiano Ronaldo has more goals in his Real Madrid career than the entire Liverpool team has scored in the last three seasons.

• 114 TorqToon // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Tekkers – :-)

Contrary to what some think, I DO have a job, and don’t just sit in a studio flat cruising the internet for rumours to rehash! Haha

But you have my deepest apologies, my friend! :-)

FTP is a joke. Clubs Will always find a way around it. It will only ruin football in the long run if it’s not, as is the case now, not enforced properly.

• 115 TorqToon // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:27 PM

*FFP

• 116 Ketsbaia9 // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:28 PM

He’s gone for the women.

• 117 beddersmag // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Bent wouldnt be my first choice but the guy has scored goals throughout his career. 150 goals in 362 games. 4 in 13 for england. Folk on here saying id take him for 3m. Others desperate so some unproven foreign kid who might come good. I dont get it; am i missing something? Lets get him in hes a proven goal getter. We only have one of them and need three minimum. Really dont see the problem. At 29 i think the prices being touted are excellent value for money and we should snap their hands off. Then if we can get another one in with potential even better.

• 118 Yohan Kebab // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:35 PM

jermaine lens at kiev too :O

• 119 jazzyp // Jun 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM

torq
    evening mate,do you think sackho would consider us above Liverpool and ac Milan
    sackho has stated that the only reason he is unhappy at his beloved psg is playing time.and if he was to leave it would be only for guaranteed time out on the pitch.
    my concern is our captain is staying,mbiwa as my preferred partner of choice at the back.would we be able to offer him the game time he’s asking ???

• 120 RobertLeeNo.7 // Jun 30, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Almost all of his 20 goals were actually penalties so not that great of a record if you think about it.

• 121 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jul 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Guidetti !

Good player ! Otherwise Shitty would,nt have him on their books !

This transfer for us, just never going to happen?

previous post: No Real News On Newcastle This Summer Apart From Kinnear