The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

We Have To Learn About Our Mistakes

10:16 am, Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 116 Comments

Yohan Cabaye is probably the most likely player to leave Newcastle this summer, with two rich French clubs, PSG and Monaco said to be after him.

yohan cabaye at

Yohan Cabaye – we must learn from our mistakes

But you wouldn’t think Yohan was going anywhere when he was interviewed yesterday on the Newcastle web-site, and he was only looking forward to a better season at Newcastle:

“I think next season will be better because the new players who came in January are going to have more time to adapt to the Premier League style.”

“Hopefully we’re going to have some time to prepare well for next season and to be fit for a big part of the season, because that’s going to be important to play for a place near the top of the league.”

“We have to learn about our mistakes, but the main thing was safety and the club staying in the Premier League. So it was a hard and difficult season, but I think for the future, it’s going to be interesting because we learned a lot,”

“We started quite well and then had a big hole where we were losing a lot of games.” “We had a lot of injuries to players as well, with big players missing, and that was hard when we were playing in the Premier League and the Europa League.”

“But we fought together and stayed together and we fought to be a Premier League squad next season which is the most important thing, I think.”

If we can keep our top players on Tyneside this summer, we probably only need a couple of strikers and perhaps a center-back brought in, and the squad should be big enough and good enough to do a lot better than last season.

Most fans would be happy enough with a top eight finish – but why haven’t we heard anything at all from Alan Pardew – with training supposed to get under way later this week?

We did hear from Joe Kinnear yesterday – but again that was all very painful for Newcastle fans, who hadn’t realized Joe had managed Newcastle for almost two years.

Once Alan gets back on Tyneside, we hope he’ll be interviewed, so we have a chance to find out how he views the new Joe Kinnear appointment, and that Joe is his new manager.

We would expect him not to be too happy, but we’ll have to see how good an actor he is – and we expect him to tow the party line – it’s good for me and Newcastle because we have another good football person at the club.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Yohan Cabaye

116 responses so far ↓

• 1 TorqToon // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Wait?!?! I thought Cabaye was definitely leaving and had handed in a transfer request because he is unhappy at the club and is dreading our pre season??? :-)

• 2 Ibizatoon // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM

And the question “where is Alan Pardew” has been answered. He’s taken the form of Yohan Kebab!

Injuries.
    Europe.
    Lessons Learnt!

• 3 the truth will out // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM

ibiza you missed pardew kinnear and ashley

• 4 the truth will out // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM

did i spot kinnear at wimbledon yesterday?

• 5 the truth will out // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:25 AM

hes an ex wimbledon tennis champ to boot

• 6 Beattie25 // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Repost:

Beattie25
    0 mins ago
    Ibiza

If we were seeing any indications of gradual change then I’m sure we could call ours a club in transition, but there is nothing on the pitch, in the boardroom or anywhere within the club that shows us progression.

The only thing I believe we have right is the scouting set up. But the club are not fully committed/interested in signing many of the players we should be and now Alab wants to change the set up to allow more experience in the team to compensate his own shortcomings.

I personally don’t think my expectations are too high. I expect us to be able to outplay relegation threatened teams at home, never be beaten 6-0 at home or away and I expect us to show quality given we have 11 internationals in the team.

For me it’s not about high finishes. I for one would gladly accept mid table if we played with passion and quality.

Some people might just want to see passion and commitment but that only will ever get you so far. Giving 100% shouldn’t even be asked for, it should be a prerequisite for any club, of it’s not then questions should be asked of the manager first and then the players.

Liverpool at home was the most embarrassed I’ve ever been as a NUFC fan and that was unforgivable.

But even if we had passion that day we still would’ve been pummled because we have no tactical quality whatsoever.

If you put passion in this team next season but keep the tactics the same I l think we will finish lower than we would if we had tactics that outweighed the passion.

• 7 Sazzer // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM

fatman
    Ashley paid off Shepards debts to others and put us in debt to him instead so we don’t have to pay interest.

• 8 Ibizatoon // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I always miss Pardew, Kinnear and Ashley, but they’re always close to my heart.

• 9 Ibizatoon // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Beattie…I hope this isn’t too much of a cop out, but I am waiting to see what the new season brings, after a pre-season with the new players we got in January. What is it we actually do know about the past few years?

1) After a successful summer window and then the addition of Cisse in January, Pardew did have a good campaign with us and guided us to 5th in the PL. Yes with some luck and no the football wasn’t to the best of standards, but it was a new team and that can be expected.

2) Pardew wanted more players in last summer. People can harp on and on about how he said afterwards that he was happy with the squad, but we all know, at least we should all know, that wasn’t the case. All summer long he spoke of new players and perhaps the most notable point was after Raylors injury where he said he would need to speak with Mike about a replacement to only say 24 hours later that we’re fine. Where was this coming from? Not hard to figure out.

3) After this approach didn’t work, Ashley pulled his finger out and got 5 players in January. That’s all well and good, but trying to integrate 5 new players to a team already in the relegation mix in a new league was always going to be a tough task. People will say “well they started well until they were Pardewed”…well it could also be they ran out of energy after a couple of games, it is a different pace to the French league and it will and does have some impact.

Before I condemn anyone for last season, i do think it important to give them a pre-season together, something that should have happened last summer.

• 10 Markaccus // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Indybollox:

Just in: Wilfried Bony officials in UK, meetings planned with two clubs. Via source(media)

• 11 Toon73 // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Flick Percy and promote Joker. He’s done everything in football, on and off the field. He’s won every accolade and he’s the best man for the job just ask him.

• 12 Slank // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Yohan Cabaye is a top bloke. He is very influential in the club, not only with his fellow French colleagues.

As a French national and key member of the French national team it is only natural that any offers from a top French club would be attractive to him but I feel he is not motivated by money.

• 13 Markaccus // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Indybollox:

So, Swansea and a.n. other. Who i wonder. Us? Do people want bony. Some say he is too slow. This is indy though so its possibly cack

• 14 richyg01 // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM

@ 10 – Bony is talking to Cardiff & Swansea I think it was

• 15 richyg01 // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM

@13 – I would say Bent and Ideye Brown would be great for us, and at the price of PEA, 2 players better than one IMO.

• 16 proudtobageordie // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Torq

If you remember my post months ago ref Cabs i said then he was going nowhere. That came from Debs after a lenghty conversation i had with him

• 17 Beattie25 // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Ibiza

I agree with your points but what I am saying is that it should bever be passion first, quality second.

You could have all the passion in the world but without quality you’re not going anywhere.

I doubt Miguel Alejandro Castro (made up name) has never even heard of Swansea, but put him in a decent set up using good tactics and any lack of passion will be forgiven of he shows his qualities.

We have decent players, some extremely good ones, yet the tactical quality is making them seem very poor and the fans seem to question their passion for the club as if it is this that is missing.

I’d rather see Cabaye strolling around the pitch playing gorgeous passes then see him running round kicking people in the name of passion.

• 18 TorqToon // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Proud – Morning mate!

Yeah I remember. Didn’t know it came direct from debs however. Doesn’t get much more official than that unless it came for the dreamboat himself.

You heard much else of late?! Tell me some good news! :-)

• 19 the truth will out // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM

dont worry folks we still have top goalscorer in amioby

• 20 Slank // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Sazzer @7

‘Ashley paid off Shepards debts to others and put us in debt’

What’s this ‘us’?

You, me and everyone else on this and other blogs don’t owe any money as the club is not owned by ‘us’. Emotionally yes but not financially as it’s all Ashley’s money, end of.

• 21 Markaccus // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Cardif of Swansea???

Wales or Wales! Nice choice to have.

• 22 proudtobageordie // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Torq

Morning Sir, I am his official kit sponsor and though his English wasn’t great he was adamant that his best mate has no intentions of leaving NUFC as he loves it hear.

• 23 Rotonda heights // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM

On the subject of Mistakes

Appointing Pardew
    Appointing JFK twice
    Appointing Llambias
    Making Wonga our sponsor.

I suppose Cabs can’t really say any of the above but I think his professed depression speaks volumes !!!

It will be interesting to hear if Laudrup moans about extra games and injuries next season. Our fitness sucks and I’m sure it’s linked. Look how many games Oscar has played this calendar year.

• 24 martoon // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again – Bent & Tomkins are the best we can hope for – but even that’s doubtful. I have to say I am finding the ominous silence from Pardew surprising. I doubt if he is still on holiday now – I think the sale of one if his favourites Perch might be the final straw!

• 25 Ibizatoon // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Beattie… Not sure taking passion to mean Cabaye kicking the cr*p out of someone is helping the discussion :)

I get that passion should almost be a given in football, but sadly, it is seriously lacking and not just at our club.

Maybe I haven’t evolved like other fans, but for me, football starts with passion. It’s the excitement. That can be from lovely passing, a long ball that catches out a defender for a striker to chase, an extra time corner to win the game (there once was a time).

I suppose all I am saying is that I think due to a really poor season with a dire placing, people are making way too much out of style, for me anyway. Yes I would like to see it improved and I am not a fan of constant hit and hope, but for me, there are bigger factors.

• 26 proudtobageordie // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Torq

Ever since Dereck left i think Joking Ear has a different thinking than what he had so as far as Targets are concerned we could be after ??????? Who knows what is going on at our club at the moment?

• 27 Raffo // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Re-post

Raffo // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Are people wired up right? Do some people go to the same clinic as JFK? Why would anyone chose us over BVB? Champ league finalists, v highly regarded team and challenging for honours. We simply arent in that league. We have blinkers on when it comes to the toon, I do too. We simply dont have the pull. We are in the NE, something that will put off alot of players, esp when competing with London clubs. We dont have the finances and pull. Thes ooner we just face facts that we are a mid table prem team, ave players will come to us, improve and move on and help sustain the club with the fees, a la Carroll, thats where we are.

I would love nothing more than to have big signings again, but I want the club to be financially stable too so it is there in 10 years time for my son to become a fan. We simply have to check our ambitions a little for the time being

• 28 TorqToon // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Proud – yes I remember now. Well I hear a radio interview with debs recently and his English is also very very good! Really improved. Saddio has been working hard and doing well. Yanga has been having tuition for English all summer as well.

That, coupled with a full pre season and the experience they gained from last season’s dogfight, I’m confident we will be this season.

1-2 additions, and no departures, we will turn the corner.

• 29 Rotonda heights // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Richy

Bent is 29, very injury prone and is a poor man’s Cisse without the spectacular goals. Better than Shola from the bench I guess and good 3/4 years ago but injuries have taken their toll.

Seen brown twice in the confederates cup and to say I was underwhelmed would be an understatement.

PEA would have been the final piece in a Carr inspired 433, but now we can look forward to Jonas and Matt Taylor battling it out for the left midfield position in Pardew’s 451 or 442.

• 30 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Torq
    From a couple of posts back!

I don’t think I can disagree with Ed that MA isn’t showing much in the way of ambition, although my reasoning is prob slightly different!
    Can’t blame him for PEA now going to Dortmund there a fantastic club
    However,
    They only showed any real interest once lewondowski declared his desire to leave, where as if reports are to believed we made contact back in jan?
    For me this deal should of been done and dusted before the window even open if he genuinely was our priority target and no way should a DOF of been appointed 2 weeks after the season ended, it should of happened in feb and our targets should of been in place
    For me all his decisions seem amateur and down right bizarre

• 31 the truth will out // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM

it is being demoralized beyond repair by owner he is only a custodian at best and he is crap at that well im off for good no more post the tw@ can get on with it im not suckered no more when the supporters no longer go he will go

• 32 Rotonda heights // Jul 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Wonder what the french for hoof ball is.
    Such good players such a poor manager.
    why us!!!!

• 33 proudtobageordie // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Tads

Totally agree with you mate. This deal for Pea should of been wrapped up early June if Ashley was serious about getting him to SJP. So it makes me think we had no intention and everything was just hearsay which comes back to the debate of you can’t believe a word that comes out of his mouth???

• 34 Raffo // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Rotunda – seriously wish Pardew would get the boot. A decent fresh thinking forward thinking manager would get so much more out of the squad we have. We have decent players, just tactically inept manager/coaching

• 35 TorqToon // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Tads – I do agree with you mate. We seem to be dragging our heels big time. Whilst other managers come out and tell the fans what is happening, pards stays quiet as a mouse!

Not saying I want him to reveal our targets, but a little communication is in desperate need.

• 36 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Proud
    Don’t get wrong he’s made some great signings and we were plain unlucky with remy and there’s no garuntee we were serious about PEA
    But howay mike learn from your mistakes man! So far under his stewardship we have had one good season one good window and one great window induced by sheer panic and shocking summer planning
    I will still support the club 100% and with the squad we have with a full pre season we should be comfortable for top 10
    But this bloke has changed the targets every bloody season! One minute he wants euro every year now it’s top 10
    Struggle to see his ambition tbh

• 37 wolfshead@toon // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM

@25
    haha

we are after the crock bent for 8mill villa want to replace him with a quality striker demba ba who we sold for 7mill sounds about right for nufc

• 38 Slank // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Rotunda

It could be ‘sabot le ballon vers’.

Just add Willo to the end and there you have it !

• 39 low fell mag // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Rotonda ,I disagree on one point there.
    I do think Swansea will be found out in Europe as vey similar to us is that their squad is not big enough,,and im fairly sure their domestic league form will falter.
    It did happen to Stoke a year earlier ,as they were dragged into a relegation dog fight and it nearly cost Pullis his job ,as I think they got to the quarter finals in the Europa cup against Valencia and he fielded a second string team,over in Spain and got hammered for it.
    Thankfully were out of it this year ,but is it not a catch 22 ,as it attracts the better players,and the likes of Cabaye Kruyl want to play against Benfica not Swansea and Stoke City.

• 40 TorqToon // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM

TADS – How DARE you blame Mike Ashley for the failure to sign Loic Remy!!!!!!!

We all know is was prouds fault!! ;-)

• 41 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Re post:

I think one of our major problems last season was Pardews blatant favoritism of players and this led to many under-performing IMO.

Gutierrez – Can’t cross, rarely scores and gets barely any assists. Players like Marv or Fergie come in and have decent games (i.e. creating goals) but are never given another chance when Jonas is fit.

Tiote – Gone from Rottweiler to Chi Wawa in the space of a year. Can’t even do 10 yard passes and turns on the edge of our box constantly. Anita plays well in every game apart from Chelsea where he gave away a penalty yet is benched over the likes of Gosling and Perch. Despite being one of Ajax’s first names on their team sheet and a product of their academy.

Santon – Debatable as Haidara was bought in January but even in his short time here has shown to be a better defender than Davide. Yet would still be benched if Santon was fit. Santon does have a hell of a lot of potential but he needs to work on his defensive awareness if he wants to become the “next Maldini”

I feel like a lot of our players thought “Yeah I’m Pardews favorite and I am un-droppable” . This does two things:

1. Allows the players to perform sub par and not worry about being replaced.

2. Gives no incentive to the fringe players to graft in training as they know even if they do well when given their chance they will be dropped like hot sh*t as soon as one of Pardews adopted son’s returns from injury or suspension.

You could argue our squad lacks depth and to an extent that is true, but the players above I feel are getting in the starting 11 on favoritism rather than current ability.

Thoughts ?

• 42 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Joe Kinnear’s suggestion box :)

• 43 RooneyToons // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM

It’ll be Swansea and West Ham for Bony….. There the only 2 that have bid apparently.

Not that you can believe anything these days the press say these days I wonder what % of stories are true its got to be about 1% its a joke and just makes everyone stressed out haha.
    As for deadline day what a joke that is

someone one here has to be a computer hacker… Time find out who we’re really after champ manager styles. Shortlist and filter unrealistic targets

Boom

• 44 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Torq
    I’d imagine the reason pardews not communicating is because he hasn’t the foggiest what’s going on!!
    We’ve heard all this spiel from the club about learning from our mistakes, how we don’t want to have another season like last etc but what’s MA done to ensure this?
    Same manager, same coaching staff, same players possibly a couple of outgoings, a bizarre DOF, no managing director, seemingly no plan other than we should be ok this year because we’re not in Europe
    Are we in better shape for the coming season? Not yet for me tbh

• 45 Slank // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM

low fell mag @ 39

I too think Swansea might struggle this season. The Europa League is a bit of a poisoned chalice. Starts off great and then it wears clubs down.

• 46 low fell mag // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Rotanta, the point I disagreed with you ,was blog 23.
    Mind you ,every other point I agree with you ,certainly the ones regarding our manager .You put myself correct there.

• 47 one Tony Green // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM

TADS you seem to be of the impression he wanted to come to us. He never ever said he wanted to sign for us he said he liked the EPL huge difference.

We are not privy to any of the deals we simply make our own assumptions and share them problem with that is when people on here think it is fact.

• 48 wolfshead@toon // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM

how many games in the new season before theres unrest assuming things go badly i was thinking 5-6 now im thinking 2-3 with all the develepments so far haha

• 49 fatman // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Sazzer

Ashley paid off debt because it was secured against hall assets, and they had to be paid up when the halls sold up.

• 50 TorqToon // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM

BPC – I agree that at times, some players seemed ‘undroppable’ and played no matter what form or formation.

That could be a GOOD thing about JK as he won’t suffer fools gladly. He will always attempt to field our strongest side, which has probably angered pardew.

• 51 Tommyy // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM

How long do we think it’ll be until everyone realises Pardew hasn’t got a clue what he’s doing next season by evidence of crap ineffective football?

Do we think he’ll get the boot? I do, and I think Kinnear will replace him, and when that happens I’ve had enough.

• 52 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM

OTG
    Not at all mate, like I said IF we were keen, and the PL was his choice destination ( and he did mention NUFC) then we should of done everything to ensure it was wrapped up
    Hell not even PEA but surely we have some targets? After all the learn from our mistakes BS should of had the wrapped up before pre season, which who knows we still might but atm there’s not much sign of change
    Just my opinion though

• 53 Rooster // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Big Pappa, of course your right, AP is not allowing competition in his teams, they all know who he will go with for his favoured starting eleven even when at one stage we had won 2 in 16 games he still would not change it, that shows for me a man with too big an ego, who does not want anyone to think he has made the wrong choices, but he did continually, last season ws my most frustrating ever and that man Pardew was way way out of order with his bullshit time and time again.

• 54 Tommyy // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM

So we’ve failed spectacularly to bring in ’2 – 3 players by preseason’ as everyone knew we would. Where do we go from here? What the hell is going on? It’s clear that all the pseudo – ITK’s know sod all or we’d have 4 class players in by now… Oh don’t tell me? It’s next week they’re signing!?

• 55 rainrix // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Ahem speaking of undroppable players.

Quite well timed jonas :)

• 56 Tommyy // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I’m extremely concerned that Pardew hasn’t said a word. Usually by this time he’s been blabbing to every media outlet about our summer plans.

I’m convinced Ashley just wants Newcastle at the forefront of everything in order to give his brand exposure, which is why he completely fcuks us over every year.

• 57 wolfshead@toon // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM

slank

laudrup reckons its the wrong mentality that has a negative impact playing in europe rather than fatigue so… there you go haha

• 58 John Tudor // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM

this is great ,when the season starts we will be doomed from day one,slate me if you like but it doesnt take much to see his intent wake me up when its over

• 59 Munster Mag // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Torq, your ambitions for NUFC are being clouded by your regard for the owner. 1-2 players isnt enough, at all. The appointment of Kinnear has surely answered every pro Ashleyite’s sense of bizarre optimism on this site? Even Ibiza sounds wounded! Its a joke.

• 60 King Arfa // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Im reading the ox on loan for the season from arsenal god as if that would happen lol

• 61 Sazzer // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Slank
    Us as in Newcastle making money as a club. If we run a profit as club Ashley would be earning money. By paying of our debt Ashley put his own money at risk. Money it will take him long time to make profit on. If he is successful it might give him a well deserved profit though.

It would have been safer and more liquid for him to keep the money in the bank.

Imagine the wife going around buying stuff with the credit card adding all those extra fees that comes with it.

or imagine your wife running own of those hobby project store without profit. Now she wants you to pay for it with your income. Rather then taking a less fulfilling job but that contribute to the family economy. A compromise would be to use your knowledge to get your wife business running again.

Enough with the economic lessons.

• 62 wolfshead@toon // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM

king

you sure you havent dreamt that lol

• 63 Slank // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM

wolfshead@toon @ 57

Laudrup has now discounted one excuse that Pardew (and others I believe) have used. Suppose we shall see how his team does.

• 64 John Tudor // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM

ox in he wouldnt give a sh1t for us

• 65 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM

On Laudrup…

He as also stated that you only need a first of around 23 players the rest you add up from youngsters!

That’s the second excuse Pardew had (about our squad being too thin) The only thing it was thin of was quality!

• 66 King Arfa // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Ha maybe i did dream it lol apparent fee to pay is 2 mil but the gunners havnt given there stance on it yet probs dead in the water before it even started if it did at all

• 67 Tommyy // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM

We shouldn’t be developing other teams players for a year, we should be buying or playing our own. A club like ours should not loan unless it’s with the option to buy.

• 68 Slank // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Sazzer @ 61

I once worked for a credit card company and was told that the monitoring department had noticed that a blokes card usuage was quite different to what it normally was.

Eventually they contacted him and said that they suspected that is card had been stolen. He said ‘yes I know’. They said ‘but why didn’t you report it?’. He said ‘because who ever stole it is spending less than my wife!’ Absolutely true.

• 69 fatman // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Sazzer

what risk would Ashley take when he is only interested in promoting spo*ts di*rect it was never about making money its the free advertising his brands get, ever time you hear about something going on it get press, especially during closed season. he has never wanted to sell the club just all bluff once rangers are back in the Scottish top flight things might change.

• 70 richyg01 // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Confirmation of Perch sale on SSN.

• 71 richyg01 // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Perch: “It feels great to be here with a new challenge ahead of me, and I’m very excited at getting that started.”

• 72 Average_Contents // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Hey guys good morning.

Well its official Joe is on twitter joe@JokeInEarNUFC I’ve already started following him, now this guy he talks a lot of sense! hey torq mate ;)

• 73 Joe Blog // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:38 AM

So naive. This vague interview doesn’t mean he isn’t going anywhere.

• 74 richyg01 // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM

@37.

We didn’t choose to sell Ba for £7M, it was his buy out clause, we had no choice.

Could you buy a player of his quality and stature for £7M as a replacement – NO!

• 75 Tommyy // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM

So Perch is officially a Wigan player, we better pull the finger out and get some bloody good players in.

• 76 Tommyy // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I can’t believe Pardew was happy or agreed to this, he was Pardews fallback all year.

• 77 Average_Contents // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM

He’s already got 15 followers! wow! follow him guys!

• 78 Average_Contents // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Sorry my bad no followers apart from me so come on lets be avin you lets see if we can do ol joe a favour aye lol

• 79 Sazzer // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Maybe the confused Benny with Marv. Ox loan make sense the fee is doubtful though.

• 80 fatman // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:45 AM

so from a small weak squad we have lost Simpson, Perch, & Harper & we have signed a 16 year old kid.

• 81 King Arfa // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Sazzer i agree about the fee however he would be a great addition i just cant see him wanting too though however same report states a bid has been received for ben arfa from a russian club

• 82 John Tudor // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM

does anyone see thru his plan

• 83 John Tudor // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM

sign this dude for the circus

• 84 JAMSHA // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM

1mil for perch…

• 85 JAMSHA // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Relegation awaits… even smaller teams looks strong than us with the players they are signg

• 86 Tommyy // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM

The more I think about it the more I believe Pardew is being pushed. Kinnear coming out with outlandish statements he knows full well aren’t true and will provoke a reaction, the selling of one of Pardews stalwarts for a nominal fee and the removal of many of Pardews managerial responsibilities. It’s fishy.

• 87 Tommyy // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I have to say the smaller teams are all looking to strengthen significantly and we’re doing sod all. I think we could easily be relegated.

• 88 martoon // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Tommyy – Agree with you about Perch – something very strange going on with Pardew!

• 89 John Tudor // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:55 AM

pardew has had offer from crook town

• 90 Tommyy // Jul 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM

We’d bring in Poyet if not Kinnear I’m certain.

• 91 wolfshead@toon // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM

richy

i dont dispute that its just the idiocy of ashley we could kept him if he gave up his precious wage structure long enuff to realise he cost f all in the first place so if he was on a half a mill a year for 7 years it would still be a bargain esp as his goals prob kept us up this year if we had remy in first there would be no issue but we didnt cos hes fookin clueless

• 92 Average_Contents // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Joe is on twitter everyone and just said thats 1 down 11 to go Joe@ JokeInEarNUFC

• 93 richyg01 // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sports sources understand Liverpool have accepted a £6million bid from Swansea City for midfielder Jonjo Shelvey.

• 94 jayphoto // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Definately think Pardew is being undermined at every point! Absolutely no chance Pardew would have sactioned the sale of Perch for such a small fee! Hes only 27, played 30 odd games in the league last season! He was pardews go to guy in 4 seperate positions starting ahead of big name players like anita! Really smacks of someone making a point, especially for £750,000! Would have said hes worth 3-4 times that amount minimum

• 95 richyg01 // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Perch was always going to be sold this summer, we were not going to give him another contract, but there is no way Ashley would allow a player to leave on a free, he would rather get the cash now and also save on a years wages.

I don’t believe there is anything sinister in this sale.

• 96 HullMag6 // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Who said cabaye wanted out, that we’re after bent, tompkins, PEA etc

Any nufc official? Or was it the media/armchair pundit (itk)

Realistically I think gc saw PEA as not for us after this last season Zouma would fit us better. The rest lazy journalism using Pardews past and 2+2=5 or just blind hopeful thinking.

Not had time to read all posts as I’m at work so I’ve been skimming best I can.

Imo if we’re in for a defender from italy itll either be a good youngster or possibly kjaer.

Too many getting wound up over relatively nothing but wild speculation. Ed is only relaying what he sees media/www.

Id like to see is go for Jordan Rhodes and didnt luuk de jong have a bad last season? If so if we are looking at siem would swapping cisse for luuk be so bad if cisse really wanted out (could be a media non story as always.

• 97 John Tudor // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:13 PM

im not wound up just peed off with the circus

• 98 John Tudor // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:14 PM

for 6 years now

• 99 jayphoto // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Really think we can’t complain about losing out on PEA, would have loved him in our side but Dortmund were champions league finalists this year, coupled with playing in probably the best atmosphere and fans in world football! (If anyone gets the chance to watch a dortmund home game id recommend it)! We can’t compete with dortmund on any front when it comes to transfers other than that we play in the premier league which isnt as far ahead of the bundesliga as it used to be!

• 100 Average_Contents // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Torq? Ibizatoon? remember what was mentioned yesterday about an account being set up well apparently someone has done it although I think its the real deal!

• 101 Ginger // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM

If anyone didn’t know, it’s official:

• 102 John Tudor // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:24 PM

best of luck perchy we wont get to play against you for a while onwards and upwards i guess

• 103 HullMag6 // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM

We’re an easy target, because we the fans and the club management let them

As long as there is a team in black and white playing football at St James Park I will support them whoever is the custodian running it, whichever league its in as long as they’re there.

One team forever Howay the lads

• 104 Ibizatoon // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Average…Where’s the link then?

Twitter has just moved on to a new level if this is true. At last an account that may break the internet!

• 105 John Tudor // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM

rumour has it wanga want want us in blue period out with the stripes in with the hoops

• 106 richyg01 // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM

@95

I couldn’t agree with you more mate.

Sensible post, about time there were a few more of these.

• 107 Average_Contents // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Joe@JokeInEar mate said some funny stuff already

• 108 richyg01 // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:33 PM

@104

And same as always, no matter what the post, someone will get hung up on the rumour (even though it is one you have made up) and it will get blown out of all proportion.

• 109 West_End_TooN // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:34 PM

what people fail to see is as good as perch was a utility player we have Anita there who can play Rb or Cdm just means he gets his game more which a think is best for the club

• 110 hotdog // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Aye good luck to perchy. I was one of the few fans to stick behind this lad. A good utility player to have and he was quicker than you would think.

Question – Why are people saying the 18m we invested in January is eating into the budget for this window. Those players should have been brought in Summer 2012 when we signed one player!
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.

• 111 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Hullmag6
    Spot on about Jordan Rhodes.
    i wrote on here yesterday

Played 200 league games – scored 110
    9 under 23 internats for Scotland under 21′s
    3 in 9 full ints

Young League player of the year 2011-2012
    Player of the year at Huddersfield
    and last year
    Player of the year at Balckburn.
    AND ONLY 23 YEARS OLD

Need I say more

and if anyone says – has not proved himself in the Premier -

Where did Andy Cole come from and Urghhhh Kevin Phillips
    both lower league – both proved themselves Premiership

TOON GO GET HIM

• 112 Transfer Sage // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Why are people so worried about missing out on players?

There is always another talented player around the corner, options are all available.

All these lesser players we are linked with well don’t worry…they haven’t signed yet, they might not at all.

• 113 Jail for Ashley // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Ibiza,
    @9
    Very good post, I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said.

• 114 Transfer Sage // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM

low fell mag

Just got to correct you on one point.

Stoke’s form did not suffer from being in Europa League.

They finished 13th without it, then 14th with it and did equally as bad last year without it again….little to no effect really.

Not saying it doesn’t have an effect, but doesn’t effect all teams.

• 115 Sazzer // Jul 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Slank
    Funny story.

Fatman
    It smaller risk for Ashley because of it. I see nothing wrong in it from economical pov. Name change was badly done though and wonga is a shit company.

Pardew gave Ox his debut. From footballing perspective it would be good addition.

You never know but I think Pardew rather sell Marv than Benny go.

• 116 Ibizatoon // Jul 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Cheers Jail, has to happen occasionally.

previous post: Mike Ashley And Freddy Shepherd Almost Polar Opposites

next post: Kinnear Clear-Out Begins – Perch Off To Wigan Against Pardew’s Wishes