The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Can This Top Youngster Make It At Newcastle?

9:47 am, Thursday, July 4th, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 38 Comments

This is a very important season for many of Newcastle’s youngsters, and will determine whether they have futures at the Tyneside club.

haris vuckic

Haris Vuckic – getting checked out yesterday

And that’s very true for Slovenian International Haris Vuckic, who turns 21 next month.

Haris suffered an ACL injury in the U21 Premier League fixture at Aston Villa last October after a challenge by Samir Carruthers, and that put him out for the rest of the season.

And since he was signed in January of 2009 from Domžale, he has suffered a lot of different injuries, and that has hampered his progress at Newcastle.

But Haris will need to show through this season on Tyneside, if he is to have a future at Newcastle.

Haris returned yesterday and was checked out by the medical staff, and other players will return today and tomorrow, and the first training session will be held on Saturday.

Alan Pardew is expected back at Newcastle tomorrow, so hopefully he will say something to the fans.

This is what Haris said on the Newcastle web-site:

“I need to show everybody that I deserve to play and show them what I can do.” “I’ve been missing playing football and showing the fans what I’m capable of so I can’t wait for the season to start.”

“I think I started last season very well – I got chances, played against Manchester United at Old Trafford and scored the goal that put Newcastle through to Europe so it was good.”

“But now the most important thing for me is that I’m fit and can start to enjoy playing football.” “If I couldn’t be close to the first team, I will do a plan with the gaffer like we always have and go somewhere on loan.”

“Loans are good for experience and I’m still young so I have to learn, and if I can’t get a chance here I’ll go out on loan next year.”

Vuckic did have a loan spell at Championship side Cardiff City a year last February, and played five games for the Welsh side.

And we could see a number of our young players sent out on loan this summer, as they try to get first team experience to hasten their football development.

It remains to be seen if Haris is close enough to the first team to stay on Tyneside this season.

The 6’1″ tall 20 year-old has played 15 times with one goal for the Newcastle first team.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Haris Vuckic · Newcastle News · Newcastle Youth

38 responses so far ↓

• 1 John Tudor // Jul 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM

repost
    ongwe
    we knew about rape accusation how can it be gross mis more like coch up

• 2 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM

John,
    Yeah, fair enough, I suppose the Ched Evans case was due to him being there when the incident occurred.

• 3 Markaccus // Jul 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Lilongwe, from last post….

Wasn’t “secret sausage” a game that Jimmy Saville used to play??

• 4 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 4, 2013 at 9:54 AM

On Vuckic, if he stays fit I think he can have an impact on the first team. Massive if though for someone who has missed large chunks of the past 3 years with various different ailments.

• 5 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Markaccus,
    :-)

• 6 John Tudor // Jul 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM

never having a go @ anyone
    just feel so much hurt done by ashley when it could be run so much better

• 7 Perchinho Pricing Blunder // Jul 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM

@3 and a game Remy is shit at

• 8 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Each morning I wake up and hope there has been a Marveaux style, quick signing which has occurred.

Each morning so far, I have been disappointed.

• 9 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Send him out on loan!

Where is Crewe playing next season?

• 10 rainrix // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Ah i look forward to seeing vuckic…. get injured horribly again ;)

Just a shame the lads made of glass, he has talent. Probably our most promising youngster.

• 11 gfp13 // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I don’t think our youngsters are going to break through to make a big impact. Most players who do that do it when they are 16/17/18 and vuckic is 20. I do hope I am wrong but I just don’t see it happening. The 1 thing on vuckic side is the reason he hasn’t broke through is his injuries. I did see him in a friendly against Fiorentina a few seasons back which got called off coz of the rain. He was our best player in that game but then was never given the chance in the prem. I do hope people break through but I don’t see it happening. I think most clubs in the prem need an overhaul of their youth system, not enough players come through in my opinion

• 12 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Make of this what you will..

• 13 Markaccus // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Perchinho@7

Hahaha. Nearly spilled my tea there, mate.

• 14 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM

GFP,
    The exceptions do it at 16/17/18. Most do it at 19/20/21.

• 15 rainrix // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Prodigy….. Lol SportsDirectNews. All of their stories are automatically invalid :)

• 16 John Tudor // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM

do we get a free wheelchair with him

• 17 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Perchinio
    West ham also want remy, so much so they’ve invited bramble to train with them to make him feel at home ;)

• 18 RooneyToons // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I think we should really distance ourselves from Remy at the moment. The last thing we need is the press having another field day over us signing a possible rapist…. If we are interested it will surely come out and the press will be all over it

Combine this with the fact he already turned us down and is clearly only interested in the money and you have your answer… No thanks.

I think people are just gasping for a signing and the suspense is killing them.
    The press just build everything up making everyone wanting heads to roll if we don’t have 5 signings in the first week of the window.

Just remember we are are 4 days into a 2 month window relax just the 58 days to go.
    The unexpected is just around the corner…. Who thought we’d sign 5 players in Jan? No one

HWTL

• 19 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Rainrix,

Lol, love it.

On a serious note, would you have him?

• 20 LooneyToon41 // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Lol 2 at Sports Direct News… Rooney anybody?

Olivier Kemen deal formally finalised yesterday apparently. Note , he’s still 16!

• 21 ToonDanno // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:10 AM

7 million for Remy bargain!!

• 22 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Kone or Bent for third striker. Both 29?

• 23 Average_Contents // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:11 AM

damn you toon prodigy you beat me to it! kone hmmm not sure on him! So going off what perchy says we have a new transfer policy then and lets hope its a good 1 and not going for 29 year old has beens as our top striker target (bent) don’t get me wrong if the price was right with wages and a replacement for mamaobie then yeah good replacement! would of been even better a few years ago but over the hill as top striker material imo

• 24 LooneyToon41 // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:11 AM

@18. Rooneytoons. Well said mate. Remy’s still got this ‘alleged rape’ hanging from his shoulders. No thanks!

• 25 rainrix // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Prodigy…. Hm bit old aint he? Must admit didnt see much of him last season so i dont really know what kind of striker he is. Although for 5 million I’d rather have him than bent. Though that being said his old boss is after him so i’d say its unlikely he’d come here if we did bid.

• 26 Perchinho Pricing Blunder // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:12 AM

@20 I thought he was 17?

• 27 LooneyToon41 // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Didn’t realise Kone was 29… hmmm.

• 28 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM

A good nippy prolific striker to partner Cisse for 10-15 mil and then Kone or Bent to push for competition.

Ahh, one can dream..

• 29 2_goal_tino // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM

@gfp – the difference here is that Vuckic’s injuries have held him up. Undoubtedly the most raw talent of our youngsters. In the 11-12 season he had a few cracking performances and was only 18 at the time e.g WBA at home. He looked to be in and around the first team at that age. He certainly has the potential.

I think it shows a lot that the likes of Dummett who have never been heralded as amongst the club’s best talent has progressed the most because he has regularly been on loan.

p.s think Chelsea have just got the coup of the transfer window so far by signing van Ginkel. Absolutely huge talent.

• 30 LooneyToon41 // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM

@26. I’m not sure myself tbh. Nufc.com state that Kemen ‘turns 17 this month’.

• 31 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Sportsdirect news is running it as an “exclusive”.

Do we dare believe it haha :d

• 32 ToonDanno // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Bent is only lined up as a replacement for shola if nufc are able to offload him

• 33 Average_Contents // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Anyone else think that Kone is not in fact 29 but much older? He looks about 40 and that’s on a good day! Oba Martins springs to mind lol

• 34 Phatoon // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM

According to Transfermarkt:

Kemen will be 17 on 20/07/2013

• 35 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Rainrix,

Aye, he’s a bit old like, same bracket as bent.

Not sure on his playing style. These strikers are hopefully 3rd striking options.

Average, Aye, he does look old like. Him and Bent could pass for 40 nee bother.

• 36 Scottiedog // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Kone – Yes Please!!! Is this the reason we let Perch go so cheap!?!?!?!?

• 37 ArtyH // Jul 4, 2013 at 10:47 AM

On Remy as far as I am aware he is innocent until proved guilty. This could be a great bargaining tool for his signing, and pay structure. As there is uncertainty about his future he may be available at a bargain bucket job which is right up Ashley’s street. After all how many fooballers have actually been proved to be rapist’s??? Very difficult offence to prove, so don’t be to quick to be judge and jury. The only down side s he went to QPR in reference to us…..but that was just for the money, so we cannot blame him there as they are all the same. This time the boot is on the other foot which gives us the leverage, time will tell, I wouldn’t be to quick to cut of my nose to spite my face. Just MHO.

• 38 hadthetshirt // Jul 4, 2013 at 1:22 PM

He needs a run of games so loan may be best option till January.Seemed full of promise,till injuries.

previous post: Will Newcastle Go After Loic Remy This Summer?

next post: Alan Pardew Returns To Newcastle Tomorrow