The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Local Newcastle Striker Hopes To Make It Big This Season

1:52 pm, Thursday, July 4th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 162 Comments

We are hoping that Newcastle can bring in a couple of good experienced strikers this summer, but we have to remember we have young Adam Campbell at the club, and the North Shields born youngster came through very well last season, and with his pace and trickery, he could have a real break-through season coming up.

adam campbell - new training kit

Adam Campbell – at Benton sporting a beard

Adam was back in training today, and he cannot believe he’s made it through to the Newcastle first team so quickly, as the 18 year-old had this to say on the Newcastle web-site:

“I’ve never dreamed of being here this quickly so it’s all happened very fast for me,” “But I’m loving it at the moment and hopefully I can kick on next year and really get myself into the team properly and show what I can do.”

“I’ve got a little taste for it now and obviously the gaffer helped me out last season. He was very kind to me and gave me a chance but next season I’m going to do everything I can to make sure that I get in his team regularly and get a lot more time on the pitch.”

Adam already has five first team appearances for Newcastle, including three Premier League appearances, and he was on the bench for Newcastle for the last few games of the season, and manager Alan Pardew rates the 5’5″ striker very highly.

The manager returns to Newcastle tomorrow, and is scheduled to give the first real training session on Saturday, and that’s when youngsters like Adam Campbell will be hoping to impress the gaffer.

When Adam, came on a year ago in the friendly at Cardiff City in pre-season he was sensational, and in his short cameo appearance he almost scored twice and set up another couple of chances for his team-mates.

He then made his first team debut shortly after that against Atromitos in the Europa League, and he became the youngest player ever to appear for Newcastle in Europe at just 17.

Adam is quick and skillful, and can cause panic in opposing defenses – sounds great to us. :D

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Adam Campbell · Newcastle Youth · Pre-Season

162 responses so far ↓

• 1 Newcastle Brown Alien // Jul 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I hope he is a good as being touted. I have to say he looks great for reserves (but obertan doesn’t look bad).

• 2 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I rather have us go for both Rhodes and Austin.

Trade one for:
    Shola and Vuckic (loan) and 1-3 m £ package one.

Campbell (loan) and Ferguson 1-3 m £ package two.

then sell/trade Obertan+Amalfitano and get Boudebouz

Gosling/Abeid for Hughes 1-3 m £.

Perch out – Ler Fer in.

Maybe -
    Willo out – one of Kouyate, Oboabona, Sané in.

With Kinnear negotiation skills *wink * it would probably amount to less than got invested in January.

If we still need another winger. Then sell whoever is underperforming and buy one in January.

• 3 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:10 PM

SSN:

BREAKING NEWS: Newcastle United have confirmed the signing of teenage midfielder Olivier Kemen from Metz.

• 4 JAMSHA // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    I rather have us go for both Rhodes and
    Austin.

100% agree… i would get them insted of bent an kone… both are young n pacy

• 5 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Lad looks like Olivier Bernard and Tiote’s love child

• 6 Patoon // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Sazzer

completley agree, we’d get Austin 4 wot is being reported 4 Kone and he’s young, and i think Rhodes would b great

• 7 Ginger // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Well it looks like SecretSausage was right.

• 8 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:17 PM

SSN Webchat – Graham Bailey & Davey Craig:

• 9 GeordieDan // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:18 PM

NUFC just signed Olivier Kemen from Metz.

Promising youngster. Fingers crossed

• 10 GeordieDan // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Dammit richyg. :)

Thought I had the exclusive. Bloody webpage hadn’t refreshed :D

• 11 09nufc09 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM

You can tell if a young player is good enough by the way the first team players treat him when on the pitch, i think the fact our players didnt trust campbell enough to pass him the ball shows that they do think hes good, he didnt make runs into the right places (hes a striker and i dont remember him having a shot or even touching the ball in the box). If you watch the games that vuckic has played in the players trusted him with the ball and he was always in space and available to recieve a pass.

• 12 Ginger // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM

richyg01

Put a comment but they won’t post it in the actual chat.

• 13 09nufc09 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM

They dont think hes good enough**

• 14 Tommyy // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM

He signed like 3 weeks ago and he’s about 12. BORING.

• 15 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:28 PM

@12,

Me too, “Your comment is in moderation”

• 16 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM

From SSN Chat:

“Plenty of you asking about Arouna Kone – Davey will be sat down soon and I will let him run you through that as he broke the story this morning.”

• 17 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Yeah SecretSausage was right about player at the club, and PK or something reveal it was Kemen yesterday.

Kemen himself reveal few weeks back on twitter that a deal was in place. So it’s bit of let down.

This is probably going to turn out be a great signing.

• 18 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Kemen could be another Bigi – hopefully!

• 19 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:31 PM

richyg01
    Two links at same time cause the moderation thingy.

• 20 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM

@19 on SSN I meant

• 21 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Kemen is dubbed ‘the new Alex Song’

• 22 Mister Tuff // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM

WOW – that poster secret sausage seems bang (er) on the money -the latest ITK – Hallelujah -praise be to the messiah secret sausage – predicted a signing. Wow we all will have to ask him who’s next.
    Uuuuhhhh wait a minute —duuuuhhhhh what this I see – it was reported on this blog on 16th June that we signed Olivier Kemen – duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh. Link:-

• 23 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I hope we get Kone provided he isn’t our Ba replacement. If we could have:

Cisse, Remy, Kone, Gouffran

That would be enough striker options as we don’t have Europe to worry about. Get rid of Shola and give the starts he would get to Campbell.

• 24 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Kone huh? Well decent player looked dangerous for Wigan but he’s not exactly got my heart pumping with excitement…also doubt it’ll happen as Everton were far and a way better than us last season and RM is there to draw him

Also our reserve CMs are building up to a good standard this new signing and Bigi partnering up sounds pretty good to me

• 25 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Mister Tuff
    Secret sausage only said he heard about new player being at club. He didn’t claim who it was. So he was correct in that.

Another poster was correct that the mystery man was the guy we already said to have been signed.

• 26 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Nicholas Anelka having medical at West Brom

• 27 Spoof // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:51 PM

JFK said he would have our first signing in by Friday, although we all hoped for a bigger name, he has kept his word.

• 28 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Fulham announces new sponsor: Fulham has secured a record-breaking sponsorship deal with Marathonbet

• 29 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Anelka having medical at West Brom!?

• 30 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I am reserved to Pardew being here now so I hope we play the formation that actually had us playing well .

————————-Krul———————–

-Debuchy—-Collo——M’biwa–Santon-

——Sissoko——Cabaye——Anita——

——–HBA———-Cisse——–Remy——

Bench: Elliot,Taylor,Haidara,Tiote,Gutierrez, Kone, Gouffran

• 31 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:55 PM

@30

Jonas on the Bench?? Will never happen!!!

Also, no Strolla, again, will never happen

• 32 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Davey Craig has just joined SSN Chat:

• 33 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Re. 32, that said, its so far taken him nearly 10mins go get logged in

• 34 Novocastrian66 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Kone > Shola. I’m okay with him as long as we get another striker in. If he is it, then it isn’t enough.

• 35 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Norwich to unveil 3rd signing at 3:30, who’s this one?

• 36 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM

BPC
    Remy? Also no Vuckic? For me this is his last season to impress or he’s out on his backside

• 37 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Kone link sounds real, Davey Craig was speaking directly to Wigan Owner, and he confirmed that NUFC have permission to speak to him.

• 38 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I reckon in that team

Cisse – 20 goals
    Remy – 14 goals
    HBA – 10 goals
    Cabaye – 5 goals

• 39 Transfer Sage // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM

09nufc09

more that when campbell came on he seemed to be used as a left winger when he really plays on the shoulder of the last defender.

the lad hasn’t had a fair chance at the club.

if you play a kid you need to give him every chance to succeed…play him when he is in form and in his best position.

• 40 Ginger // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I posted pretty much the same comment as Barry and it didn’t get posted hahaha. Strange people at Sky Sports. I notice they don’t really have a clue as well as they’re not directly answering the questions either.

• 41 croftus5678 // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM

woot woot we signed a player kemen :-) thank god.

and i’d also take remy he’s quality if not a headcase.

• 42 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:06 PM

@ WWYCD

Big fat yest to Remy. Carroll did a hell of a lot worse but was still wanted back here. Remy had no ties to NUFC and chose money, how many footballers don’t these days ? . Also his pace would be deadly on the left of a 4-3-3, showed he can do the business in the PL andwould be the perfect foil for Cisse.

As for Vukic I don’t rate him that highly. Has showed some nice touches and decent vision but as you say he is made of glass and very slow. The youngsters I have faith in currently are Bigi, Streete & Campbell.

• 43 LooneyToon41 // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I think new signing Olivier is Stephen Ireland’s brother….

Not actually sure if that joke really works… answers on a postcard c/o Ed.

• 44 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Davey Craig saying Perch could be hard to replace…

Erm, no, we already have Anita and Bigi.

• 45 Indian Magpie // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Kemen is not ALEX SONG! I Repeat he is a winger/AM Or a striker

• 46 JAMSHA // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM

6mil for bent acceptd

• 47 Transfer Sage // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM

No thanks to Remy

Might be a very good striker but until we find out of he will be charged or not I wouldn’t want him here. Can always get him in January if he is either not charged or cleared by then.

Mario Gomez should be the target with fiorentina making a 10mil bid (although Bayern want 15)

• 48 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Douglas is set to join Inter Milan

• 49 SecretSausage // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Ive still got no word whether the 16yr old was the player mentioned last night.

Rumours now that Bent is in Newcastle. Sounds dubious as we are apparently talking with Kone.

Next movement expected to be Amalfitano leaving. He is in talks today.

• 50 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:11 PM

@46

WHERE is that from??

• 51 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM

BPC
    Sorry mate wasn’t questioning him as a player but haven’t seen any links to him recently and until that rape charge is sorted out I’d be shocked if any club go for him, has there been anything said on him recently? Tbf that rape charge if he is innocent might make Newcastle an attractive prospect as far away from London as possible

Vuckic does my head in because I do think he could be a fine player if he was ever fit but the kid can’t string 3 weeks of training together

• 52 Indian Magpie // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM

• 53 Indian Magpie // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Jamsha

You did not take your pills again!

• 54 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Indian Mag
    Didn’t Kemen himself say he was similar in style to Song?

• 55 Indian Magpie // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Yo
    He said song was his idol

• 56 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Lets not overhype another youngster and ruin him by not sending him out on loan!

…have seen it too many times at Newcastle :-(

• 57 croftus5678 // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM

bring back sibieski

looks like kone could be heading here and i cant say i’m too disapointed afterall our squad will have got stronger with our current ins/outs

just hope we sign another “main” striker and a couple of wingers then maybe i can look forward to these friendlys

• 58 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Indian Mag
    Ah right fair one I just read it on twitter I don’t have much clue on what he’s like just read he’s highly rated and plays midfield

• 59 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM

@ Sage

I would love us to get Gomez but I think he is to big a fish for us to catch. Don’t think he will leave Bayern either. But imagine this team

———-Sissoko——Cabaye—————–

——HBA——-De Jong——Sinclair——

———————-Gomez———————–

Yes please :) . Also on the Remy rape allogation, it has been a long time since he was accused. If there was any evidence of him being guilty sureley he would have been charged by now.

• 60 Unbelievable Tekkers // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Kone and bent….not exactly the exciting signings we were hoping for. I suppose on the positive side they have both proven they can score goals in the premier league and our squad is crying out for some premier league experience.

• 61 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:17 PM

jesper
    How man kids the next idol for wor toon lad!

• 62 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:17 PM

TS…someone mentioned earlier that Remy had not even be charged with rape!

I have no idea about the matter, but if their haven’t been any charge yet I am sure cannot suddenly charge him?

• 63 croftus5678 // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:18 PM

@56

i agree but he needs time to settle at the toon first imo send him out next season after he’s used to newcastle and settled in.

i would really hope we send cambell out this year tbh or start filtering him in some less important games.

• 64 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:19 PM

BPC
    Doesn’t Remy have a court date late this month or late August? Am sure I read something about a date being set and that it made transfers for him very difficult

• 65 valle // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Kone and Bent are supposed to move us to the next level? You gotta be kiddin me. If we go for players like that we would be better of keeping Best. AP staying, Kinnear and now this… Whats next?

• 66 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Yo…I don’t know enough about Ginger and would love for him to be next gbig thing coming out of NUFC :-D

…but we seem to always overhype our own players! Seen it too often!

Would love for him to go out on loan and show us what he can do!

• 67 I am a geordie // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Well i would be happy with kone and bent .both will score goels and maybe teach cisse about t offside rule.
    Prwmieeship experience .all good for me.
    Get a winger now coz hatem will no doubt play in the hole .
    Center half aswell for me hopefully sahko if not someone with english prem exp.

• 68 Sack Llambias // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Mr Tuff
    Your a knowledgeable bloke. Every
    pre season a group of mates forecast
    how we see the final league placing
    at the end of the season. From 1-20.
    I gauge from your demeanour that
    you think we’ll be relegated. I was
    actually thinking of a 6-8 finish.
    Do I need to have a rethink?
    What do you think- have I got it sadly
    wrong. I am delaying submitting
    awaiting some signings. Am I
    plain deluded- what do you think?
    If you can find the time I would
    be interested.

• 69 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM

jesper
    Whey I’ve seen him for wor reserves and he’s…alright haha I don’t see the huge future for him every one else does I won’t lie I think his stature will hold him back a lot but what do I know

I agree a season or even half a season in the championship could make him as a player doubt it’ll happen though we have never had a good record of sending players out on loan

• 70 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM

The scum have had a bid accepted for mavrias from panethenikos
    Exciting young prospect

Sigh

• 71 I am a geordie // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Sorry valie .
    U have jus shown u aint got a clue mate .
    You can not compaare kone and bent to best .
    Best was champ level at most .
    T other two are proven quality .

• 72 Sack Llambias // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I have Chelsea winning the league.

• 73 I am a geordie // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:26 PM

No arsenal
    spuds
    chelski
    man city
    man utd
    liverfool

• 74 Unbelievable Tekkers // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:27 PM

If we get the Darren bent of 2 years ago who is hungry and wants to get back into the England team then I would take him but I just can’t see him being like that

• 75 croftus5678 // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:28 PM

predictions for next year based on whats come in (likely to come in atm i.e. bent kone) then looking at the team from last year that will be a lot more settled.
    taking away the players out and likely to go out (doesnt effect us a lot and prob makes us better as pards can not longer pick them over better players) and the fact some teams i class as lower than us have now got stronger or likely to esp if they sign boney >.< i say we finish 8th.

• 76 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Sack Llambias
    Time for name update mate.

• 77 I am a geordie // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:29 PM

The man has a piont to prove .
    I think it would be very shrood bit of biz.
    I can see it now bent scores t winner against the scum ha ha

• 78 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Yo…which is probably one of the main reasons why we don’t break in that many future PL players!

…that and our acadamy setup is simple not good enough. I remember someone saying earlier that Crewe had a better setup!

• 79 I am a geordie // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Good call croft.
    My thoughts exactly

• 80 Mister Tuff // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM

jesper @62 ref Remy.
    In the UK the cops have various options when receiving a complaint about a crime. if there is sufficient evidence they could charge the person straight away -and keep him in custody for the next sitting court or bail him out to the next court.
    If there is not enough evidence to charge -the cops will release suspects on bail to return to the cop shop at a later date – pending further enquiries. In cases of alleged rape – the evidence is rarely at hand in the initial stages -we are talking about internal swabs for semen which all have to be sent away for forensic examination -which takes quite a few weeks, blood tests for drugs -forensic examination of mobile phones etc.
    It would be anticipated that when a suspected responds to his bail at the cop shop that all the above evidence would have been returned to the cops and a decision made whether to charge or release.
    Note that evidence to arrest someone on suspicion of an offence is a long way short of the evidence required to substantiate a charge.

• 81 Sack Llambias // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM

How do I ?

• 82 Transfer Sage // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Jesper

For once I’m in apparition where I know something haha. I have family who work as a prosecution lawyer.

Once accused evidence is gathered, can take time then a charge will be issued on a solicitors advice or the case will be dismissed without charge If insufficient evidence is provided.

So he may well be charged later and possibly convicted after depending on the court case

• 83 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:38 PM

jesper
    That and they are crap haha

Acedemy is pretty below par as far as am concerned

• 84 Mister Tuff // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM

sack llambias @68 -I’ll reply to your query shortly. Doing too many things at once.

• 85 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Tuff…that may well be I have no idea about the situation our your court system ;-)

…I just think someone said earlier that the girl in question haven’t accused him and therefor the police haven’t charged him?

Maybe I got it wrong?

• 86 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Chelsea Van Ginkel + Schurrle + Mourinho – Benitez
    Arsenal
    Man United Varela + Zaha + Moyes – Ferguson
    Tottenham Paulinho
    Liverpool Aspas + Alberto + Toure + Mignolet – Carrager – Shelvey
    Man City Fernandinho + Navas + Pellegrini – Tevez – Mancini

We aren’t look closer to top 6 with business done so far.

• 87 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM

TS…I believe you mate :-)

…I just though I heard that the girl had not accused him of rape?

• 88 Mister Tuff // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:46 PM

jesper @85 -apparently a complaint of rape has been made involving Remy and 2 others. He is currently on bail to return to the cop shop in September (i do not know the date). But note the transfer window closes 11pm on 2.9.13. so a decision as to what the cops are going to do with him will be AFTER the window closes.

• 89 tequilamag // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Jesp if an allegation had not been made there would have been no arrest . Of course the met have been very busy trying to smear the Stephen Lawrence family so that may account for the delay.

• 90 Sack Llambias // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Mr Tuff
    Thanks.

• 91 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Tuff…I’ll take TS and your word for it :-)

…I just heard differently! Someone mentioned it and one of the earlier threads today!

• 92 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Tuff
    Tbf the decision date will be related to how good his lawyers are because his career will be impacted by it and if his lawyer is good enough he can get the decision forward (let’s not kid ourselves he will likely be innocent)

• 93 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Sack Llambias
    Profile – Up at the right corner
    Nickname – Change it
    Display name – drop down and pick

• 94 Spoof // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM

All I know is that we should be discussing whether we forgive him for the January snub and go back in for him or not, if he is found to be innocent then his reputation will still be damaged and that is wrong, so do we forgive him for his greed and try to sign him again or not.

• 95 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Redmond to Norwich.

• 96 magpie6699 // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM

We’ve signed Captain Kremen! ( Am I the only one who remembers Kenny Evewrett?)

• 97 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Aston Villa had launched a new bid of £8.5million for Japan international midfielder Hiroshi Kiyotake after Nurnberg rejected Villa’s initial £7.5m bid, reports Kicker-Sportmagazin in Germany

• 98 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Tequila…I just heard that he had been been given a statement to the police and then released!

and the girl didn’t press charges! Nothing about being arrested, but this is something I know really nothing about. Just here say!

• 99 Spoof // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM

magpie
    Kenny Everett, who did he play for. lol

• 100 tequilamag // Jul 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Hope this useful for you in clarifying the situation Jesper

• 101 Fridge // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I have always believed in some great signings this summer. Now i am getting more and more worried about it. If we are getting more money then why not spend it on quality? Why buy players who wont make us better just to fill up the squad numbers. I know we havent actually signed anyone yet. I just have a felling that when the window closes it will be with a feeling of dossapointment.

• 102 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM

And so the wait for purples continues.

• 103 Spoof // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM

LR32

JFK might be colour blind, at the minute it does seem that way ?

• 104 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

@ sazzer

He is a cracking little player. Honda would be nice on a free as well. Japan are going to have a decent side in a couple of years mind. Also like what Lambert is doing at Villa, if they keep hold of Benteke and add a few more to what they have already bought they will have a good team.

• 105 toonaids // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM

BBC SPORT NEWS
    Newcastle United complete the signing of France Under-17 international midfielder Olivier Kemen from Metz.

Waheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• 106 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Some people are so desperate to sign a striker, that they want us to sign anyone! Rhodes and Austin???

Rhodes cost Blackburn £8M a year ago, so he would cost at least that and there’s no proof that he would be good enough for the PL. And Charlie Austin…seriously? He’s being linked with Hull City so I’d say he’s not good enough for us.

So we could sign both of these for around £15M, or we could sign one striker actually good enough for a top 8 PL team. I’ll go for the latter thank you very much…Shola, Goofy or Campbell can pick up the slack after Cisse and the new boy.

• 107 toonaids // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Also BBC SPORT
    Newcastle United enquire about possible loan deal for Chelsea winger Kevin de Bruyne.

• 108 Indian Magpie // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM

De Bruyne wants BVB

• 109 toonaids // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM

and possible talks about bringing Sunderlands Stefan Sessegnon look unlikely but possible with rumours agreeing a swap deal for Obertan plus cash…..

ooooo spooooky

• 110 Indian Magpie // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Norwich sign RedMond

• 111 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Didn’t Llambias take the color purple with him?

…isn’t that a movie anyway? Always thought that was a lame football expression!

• 112 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Davey Craig thinks Tom Ince will end up at NUFC

• 113 toonaids // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Hey Mr Indian dont shoot the messegnon

• 114 Mister Tuff // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM

sack llambias @68 ref your query.
    Firstly I do not think we will be relegated this season – I do not understand how you formed the opinion that I did.
    If we had signed Aubameyang and Bony -along with a winger and a big centre half I would agree with your assessment of a 6-8th place finish -easy. Trouble is we’ve had all this rubbish about whether Percy was going to be sacked -then on top of this further turmoil with the
    appointment of JK. Made a fool of himself and the club. Is JK up to date football wise – he might be but it does not look it. Would he like Percy’s job -I sure he would. Can Percy and Joe work together -who knows. Will Joe be able to keep his nose out of matters which remains
    Percys’ responsibilty – absolutely no way.
    Is Joe’s player assessment up to date -God knows. He certainly won’t take any crap – will he bin the so called Percy favourites – will this work out to be a masterstroke in that it will allow others to play and make a mark or create a position for a new player.
    Who will we be signing -if its has beens and Championship standard players we will struggle. Quality strikers will cost more money.
    So perhaps at this specific time it is hard to predict where we will finish -might
    be able to make a better assessment just before the season commences.
    What I am sure about is that the press will be gunning for JK -so I expect a rather lively first press conference by Percy – he is going to asked some awful akward questions. Will the discord affect the players. Also to take into consideration is how all the other clubs are going to spend their TV money.
    All a bit of a mess really -and the circus is not finished yet.

• 115 tequilamag // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM

TDS tbf there is no proof anyone we sign would be good enough even if they cost 15 mill. Everyone went mental went Gervinho signed for Arsenal rather than us but he has not shown to be a roaring success. Michu cost 2 mill and very few people were highlighting him as a good buy before he went to Swansea. Rhodes has dome well at Huddersfield and Blackburn, whether he good do that at PL level will not be proven till he plays at that level.

• 116 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Big Pappa Cissé
    Yeah, him and Benteke could be one dangerous combination since he’s a great crosser and passer. This type of player we need that get ball into Cisse. Kiyotake defensive skills need to improve. So I prefer Boudebouz.

• 117 Spoof // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Indian
    who or what is BVB ?

• 118 toonaids // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM

i would have taken jonjo shelvey for 5 million like, young cheap english strong big centre forward, thought that would have fit right in with cockney mafia

• 119 Magpies-till-d3ath // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM

This all goes back to last summer. Because of it all, our transfer plans are f’d. Sissoko was supposed to be signing now. M’Biwa was meant for last summer. Gouffran was a panic replacement for Remy even though I rate him rather highly. Haidara was a panic when Pardew realised Santon was knackered. Debuchy was probably the only one we actually planned to have signed but only cause we couldn’t get him anytime before. Now, because we’ve already got Sissoko, we have no longer any real interest in picking up another midfielder unless Yohan decides he’s going. We’re still waiting for a striker and have been for a while. We’ve all got our hopes up THREE TIMES waiting for a striker (Remy, Aubameyang and De Jong) AND, now that Demba’s f’d off, we need not one, but TWO strikers as Pardew clearly sees Gouffran as a winger! ITK OR WHAT!!!?? :D

• 120 toonaids // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM

its dortmund to you simple minded

• 121 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM

@117

Borussia Dortmund

• 122 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM

tequilamag

True…it’s all speculation. But I’m not exactly gutted that they’re going elsewhere. Just like Redmond and Ricky van Wolkswinkel.

We need to be away from the dark days of signing players like that on a whim with big transfer fees and big wages.

• 123 GatesheadMag // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Good luck olly kemen. Welcome to the mad house!

• 124 Spoof // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:23 PM

tequila
    that’s right, a large transfer fee does not assure you of getting a good player, but using the law of averages the more you spend the better chance you have, the most successful PL clubs Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea are all big spenders, we challenged the big sides afew years back with KK, at that time we were big spenders, spending big does not gaurantee success, but not spending big gaurantee’s that you will not get success.

• 125 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM

toonaids

Is that a joke about Shelvey? He’s a midfielder first of all, and secondly he’s definitely not good enough to dislodge Cabaye, Tiote, Anita or Sissoko.

Signing someone for the sake of it is not a good idea…

• 126 fatman // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM

That’s 2 Olivier Kemen we have now this one to go with the one we signed 3 weeks ago.

• 127 Spoof // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Ty Richyg, I have never came across that abbreviation before.

• 128 tequilamag // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:26 PM

TDS, I do agree though that there is an element of desperation on the blog. People just want signings for signings sake it seems to me. I think a lot of people have been scarred by last Summer, so scarred in fact that they have blocked out January completely. I am sure they will come.

• 129 Bambams // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Can you imagine what the meeting must be like when Pards, Joke-in-ear and Carr get together to discuss potential targets ?

I feel so sorry for Carr, it must be impossible to expect Pards or Joke-in-ear would be open to suggetsions from Carr.

They both know so much about football and are both quite overly confident/arrogant…… Carr is onto a hiding for nothing. Good luck fella

• 130 Mister Tuff // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM

wwycd @92 -bail dates -indeed you are correct that with agreement persons can attend the cop shop earlier to that previously arranged. If the evidence is clearly insufficient at an early date -a person could be informed earlier of no further action and their bail cancelled.
    However in this case, all the forensic examinations, swabs, medical evidence, possibly forensic examination of phones is potentially multiplied by three -due to there being three suspects -thus the time to prepare documentation for the decision to be made is increased. I would be surprised in this case if he is able to respond to his bail at an earlier date that previously arranged.

• 131 toonaids // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM

a bit of tongue and cheek but seriously he is young might be a punt but id rather take a punt on a young beast than an old beast

• 132 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM

tequilamag

January signings were awesome and unexpected to that degree!

I can appreciate the nervousness because of last summer, but surely the club won’t make the same mistake twice. We know we were short of a centre back last summer and so it proved. We know we’re short of a couple of attacking players now so I can’t believe they won’t sign two. Imagine if Cisse got injured on Sept 2nd…disaster for the season…

• 133 GatesheadMag // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Brilliant fatman. They might be like the neville brotherss.

I bet some people feel silly on here today after the ‘itk’s’ said we were signing a player today. Then peoole were throwing around names like remy n bent, but nope olly kemen signs.

Saying all that, ill feel rather silly myself if we sign a higher profile player today

• 134 toonaids // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM

anyways i dont know why we are going for players just out of our reach looking for euro footy and missing out on those who want premier league action whether or not a teams in europe, norwich swansea west ham and the are nicking all the bargains we should be getting whilst we hoy around below par bids for recognised strikers just to look like we are doing something. its pathetic man.

the amount of money thats the epl is getting in the next few seasons and on wards is unreal and that should be invested like everyother club is doing. we will be scrapping again if we dont bulk this squad up with potential. i say go for some in the world cup next year, they are hungry and want to be recognised

do it do it barcardi and coke do it

• 135 Jamiemac // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Norwich doing some cute business this summer

• 136 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM

toonaids

Signing players for the sake of it is a waste of money and leaves us with players we don’t need but we still have to pay their wages.

He’s not an alternative to Bent and he’s not in the same league as a finisher.

I’m not saying Best is the right option, but Shelvey would have been an awful option!

• 137 Transfer Sage // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Shelvey is a terrible midfielder who looks lost.

We are good for centre mids and defenders…maybe a rb cover.

Need a couple strikers and one or two wide men.

• 138 toonaids // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

TDS
    aye you say that but bents a punt, sunders didnt even want them. villa are willing to let a record signing go and he could be fit, weve dragged our heals we could have had bony, wolfswinkle even PEA back two year ago.

you confuse me too bent or best? i want BEAST

BEASTS BEASTS UPFRONT
    ROOOOARRr

• 139 toonaids // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM

shelvey only looks lost coz he is a striker, too much of donkey for centre of the field, remember this btw

• 140 Indian Magpie // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Get Football News ?@GetFootballNews 16s
    Borussia Dortmund have signed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from St Etienne with immediate effect. #BVB

• 141 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:59 PM

@philmcnulty: Wigan chairman Dave Whelan is perfectly happy with the offers for Kone from both Everton & Newcastle. Will be totally down to Kone to decide

• 142 toon kk // Jul 4, 2013 at 4:59 PM

We should have a bid at Long, he’s just what we need.

• 143 LooneyToon41 // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:02 PM

According to Le10Sport in France, NUFC have enquired about OL Bafetimbi Gomis after striker rejected both Swansea and Cardiff.

• 144 richyg01 // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:06 PM

@140

He has to be, that’s his release clause value.

• 145 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:19 PM

ToonDarnSarf
    RVW is no more proven than Austin or Rhodes at 10.2 m £. And with all our Krul kicks in mind I think Rhodes and Austin would be better fit for us.

• 146 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:22 PM

For the life of me, I hope this is a third striker to compete for places. .

I’d take him over Bent, looks like Villa wanted too much or we are weighing up our options.

Question:

Would Ashley pay five million on a player to compete for places?

Im a little worried.

• 147 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Toon-Prodigy
    He paid like 8 for Anita.

• 148 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM

7.5 m £ to be exact.

• 149 pawl250 // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I hope Kone chooses Everton

• 150 hadthetshirt // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I wonder if Chris Hughton and Graham Carr are still in touch.As they seem to be after players we were linked with.At least someone may be listening to G.C. unlike our muppets.

• 151 colwell // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Lee Ryder ?@lee_ryder 3m
    Would appear that #nufc are out of the race to sign Kone from Wigan. More in tomorrow’s @EveningChron on striker search.

• 152 Joe Blog // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Anelka to West Brom done. One of the more odd transfers we’ll see this window. Thought he’d have called it curtains by now.

• 153 colwell // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:34 PM

No doubt we pulled out of the deal once we were told he would actually cost money.

• 154 Joe Blog // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:35 PM

That’s a good observation, hadtheshirt, very possible. Even if he isn’t still in touch, he’ll know many of the players Carr was tracking and rated, up until his departure.

• 155 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Ryder wouldn’t put himself out like that would he?

I think I’ll believe that. Back to the drawing board? Smoke screens?

Whats going on haha.

Sazzer,

Good point. I don’t think he was really signed to be a back up player though. He did get games last season. Somewhere around the 25 mark I think. Maybe should of got more though?

• 156 pawl250 // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I hope Kone chooses Everton he’s average…. Does not excite me!

• 157 Joe Blog // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Colwell

That’s a relief. Absolute waste of money Kone would be, in my opinion. Perhaps there was just some confusion when Alan asked Joe to go and buy some new cones, ready for training.

• 158 Sazzer // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Jay Rodriguez 111/32
    Kenwyne Jones 82/22
    Jonathan Walters 136/30
    Cameron Jerome 155/40
    Connor Wickham 71/14

• 159 toon kk // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM

The best thing every one should do is expect the likes of Kone being a top signing for us. Everyone knows how our club is run. I think he’ll go to Everton anyway they will offer better wages than us.

• 160 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Joe,

Hahaha.

• 161 DevonToon // Jul 4, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Fingers crossed Kone follows Martinez to Everton! He is an awful striker! Really god awful scoring record! Almost as bad as shola! Cisse is no1 and Im more than happy with that, he is a real top striker, supply = goals goals goals! Goofy not a bad back up… But we need better, goofy should be 3rd choice. Remy was obviously our top strike target after Ba left even over PEA, so if he is available we should snap him up asap! Remy (pace) – Cisse (clinical) – Ben Arfa (creativity) its a top top front line! Then any 3 of cabaye tiote sissoko anita in midfield… And we have a top defence! I know worst in the league last year bla bla bla… But santon colo mbiwa debs hopefuly playing week in week out will not ship many goals!

• 162 Sack Llambias // Jul 4, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Mr T
    Thanks for your input. Pretty much in line
    then with my thinking assuming we make
    the signings. Nothing to report but tomorrow
    is Jk’s last day prior to his hols. Things
    could be worse like him holidaying in
    the Dordogne towards end of August.

previous post: Newcastle Reported In For Wigan Striker – Fee Agreed