Newcastle Born Youngster Keen To Break Through On Tyneside

Newcastle have not had too much success in bringing youngsters through to the first team, since Mike Ashley arrived at Newcastle six years ago.

paul dummett newcastle

Paul Dummett – keen to impress this summer

And some promising youngsters are leaving Newcastle this summer, including Mehdi Abeid and Yven Moyo, who have been told to find new clubs, and it’s also likely that former “Wor Jackie” award winner, Australian Brad Inman will leave the club.

The first players arrived back at Newcastle for pre-season training yesterday, and others will return over the next couple of days, with the first training session with Alan Pardew scheduled for Saturday.

Paul Dummett played very well out on loan at St. Mirren last season, where he played 36 times with two goals, and helped St. Mirren win the Scottish League Cup for the very first time.

The Newcastle born 21 year-old is anxious to impress this summer, and he had this to say ion the local press:

“The coaches must see a bit in me but now I need to show them a lot more.” “This is my big opportunity.

“I’m going to go back to pre-season training and work hard.” “I got recalled for the FA Cup game at Brighton and just thought I’d be on the bench.”

“I didn’t think I’d be getting on that early, at half-time.” “I was buzzing to go on and make my debut for my home-town team.”

“It’s something I’ll never forget, and my shirt is all framed in the house.” “That gave me a little taste, and now I want to get more. I’m 21 now, and it’s up to me.”

“I just want to go back into pre-season and try to impress.”

Paul’s appearance in the 2-0 defeat at Brighton in the FA Cup in January was his only first team competitive appearance for his home town club, and he earned a one year extension to his contract this summer, after playing so well in Scotland.

And as well as playing 36 times for St. Mirren last season he was on loan at Gateshead the season before, and played 10 times for the Tyneside club.

But Paul knows this is the time he must break through into the first team at Newcastle, if he is to fulfill his dream and have a career at Newcastle.,

We hope he can do that, because we need the youngsters coming through at Newcastle, and it’s also important to have some local lads in the first team squad.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Novocastrian66

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Interesting comment from Perch in the Chronicle; “He said: “I appreciate that Alan Pardew did everything he could to keep me.”
    It would seem Pardont has very little influence.
    Good luck to Perch never rated him, even when he was at Forest, but he always gave 100% and that’s all one can ask.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Can he play RB?

…if so any better than Tav? If not then he will probably gain alot more by going out on loan with all the rest of the youngsters 🙂

• 2_goal_tino

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:21 AM

@Novo – yep that was the first thing that struck me about the interview. Seems like it really is as messed up inside the club as it looks like from afar. He also mentioned ‘our new transfer policy’ is this the one we’ve had for a while of under 27, mainly foreign or is it the pl experienced policy that JFK wanted or is it an entirely different strategy?

• John Tudor

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:22 AM

interesting silence from club

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Novo,
    I’d just copied that quote, and was about to paste it here. If that is Kinnear working with Carr and Pardew then this could be a long summer. For the sake of £700,000 and his wages, it seems a bit of a pointless demonstration of where the power lies to me. The fans are the ones who will get caught in the cross fire, and ultimately pay the price.

• John Tudor

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:26 AM

@lilongwe
    not if they stand and be counted

• croftus5678

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM

yep good luck perchy you did us proud and never caused a fuss hope you do well at wigan and get them promoted you deserve it.

on dummet wow fighting talk and motivation from one of our youngsters he’s allready won me over !
    from what i see of him he does look a great player and yes a hell of a lot better than tav (but yet to be tested against real oponents)

now come on jk just get us those strikers and wingers we need THEN you can start clearing out

• jimmysmith

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Remy will likely stay at QPR unless someone meets their valuation and his current wage as few players take a drop in wages to secure a move, and certainly one away from London to Newcastle would be a first for sure, I’d wager.

• John Tudor

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM

we sell before we buy now.the tv money is securely locked away to pay ashleys loan off to himself

• Lilongwe Geordie

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM

John,
    Yeah, maybe, but I’d imagine that that won’t happen. The 100 or so on here can’t even agree on anything, let alone getting all fans together to demonstrate.

A reasonable number of people will have already paid for their season tickets and therefore it wouldn’t hit Ashley that much in the pocket. I think an empty stadium would have a different impact, rather than financial, the negative press is probably the biggest thing, but Ashley has shown he couldn’t give 2 hoots about that sort of thing.

The other thing an empty stadium could bring is a lack of motivation for our players, which, again could result in us being the people who suffer.

• Ben3arfa

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Scary/disgusting silence from the club

• SouthLincsToon

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I’ve seen that Fiorentina are trying to sign Mario Gomez for £10m (Bayern want £15m)

Fiorenatina are not a Champions League team, not even Europa, as they finished 7th last season

Is he within our reach?
    Fantastic price for a 27yo German international who socred 75 goals in 115 games for Bayern

• John Tudor

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM

agh long this blog is loaded with people not from the n/east if you lived close to club a strong sense of hatred is brewing towards the custodians yes mindless thugs will get involved possibly politically minded nf edl etc as i speak to a wide amount daily this is a great possibilty

• Rotonda heights

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Spineless Pardew won’t walk though as he’d never get another job like NUFC unless his pal / debtor Llambias is there. I guess he still needs the money too much to do the decent thing and just go. At least Gullit walked without any compo and he’d got us to a cup final.

Dream scenario, Pardew walks and a proper footballing modern manager comes in, JFK withdraws in to the background and gets pensioned off. Or Ash sells. Neither outcome realistic sadly.

• Perchinho Pricing Blunder

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM

@jesper good morning. Not had much rhum recently until last night I sadly had the last measure of my plantation Barbados xo 🙁
    been mostly on the scotch

So does anybody else think Santon lw or rw, haidara lb and dummy on the bench?

• Rotonda heights

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Lilo

I think that boat has already sailed didn’t see any motivation
    at home to Sunderland or Liverpool with huge crowds.

believe me the only way to hit ash is boycott as a lot of people are now not sure about renewing

• toonluvva

Jul 4, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Rotonda

Pardew is playing the long game. He will keep very quiet now that JoKe has arrived.

Meanwhile he will be compiling a dossier for his constructive dismissal case. He will be able to compile a fairly decent one due to JoKe and his outbursts IMO.

Once the transfer window has closed he’ll be able add in the state of the squad he has to work with.

I suspect, but don’t know for certain, that if he wins a constructive dismissal it would be tax free and no money would have to be repaid if he got a new job quickly.

In the meantime we have to keep the faith and hope that JoKe doesn’t do too much damage to the team whilst he is here.

Ashley won’t let JoKe do anything that will risk our PL status, too much TV revenue at stake. His remit will be for us to finish around 8 – 12th, below any potential European League spots, and clear of a relegation spot.

Forget any chance of domestic cup success, especially League Cup as it is a route to Europe.

We’ll end up just bobbing around the middle league.

Ho hum, the joys of being a NUFC follower.