The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Note To Kinnear – Fans Want This Striker Signed By Newcastle

5:56 pm, Thursday, July 4th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 145 Comments

We had posed the question whether Newcastle would forget that Loic Remy rejected us last January, and go back in for the QPR striker, since he’s available for just £8M from QPR.

loic remy france 99

Loic Remy – majority of fans want him signed

And to judge the mood of the fans,  we put out another poll on whether Newcastle should sign the 18 times capped French International,  who scored an impressive 6 goals in 14 appearances for QPR this year.

And the results are that a 64% majority of fans want this lad signed up – Joe Kinnear please take note.

Certainly if Newcastle can get Wigan striker Arouna Kone and Loic Remy on board for just £13M in total, that would be good business, with both players having proved they can score goals in the Premier League.

But the Evening Chronicle are reporting that Newcastle have pulled out of the race to sign Kone – so we weren’t in very long?

Here’s the results of the poll so far on Remy, and it’s still open if you haven’t yet voted.

Should Newcastle Try To Sign Loic Remy For £8M This Summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Loic Remy · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

145 responses so far ↓

• 1 Levi // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Wow you red my comment from the last thread quick ed haha

• 2 remy D // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Not going to happen no point going on about it club is a disgrace.bid for kone then 5 hours later pull out of deal get real man pure joke club

• 3 RooneyToons // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM

WHY NO STRIKEY YET… I WANTY

GIMME MIKEY

• 4 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM

It shows how much we desperately need a striker if the majority are willing to fund for an “alledged rapist”. Especially with the bad media we have had lately.

Complete madness through my eyes.

Take note Mike.

• 5 Barras // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM

From Aubameyang to Bent, Kone and Remy.

Newcastle United are going nowhere with this redundant ambition.

Bent – 29, wrong attitude, his best days have passed as a footballer, demands high wages, spoils team morale if he is not in the starting 11.

Kone – 29, his best days have passed as a footballer.

Remy – he rejected us for Queens Park Rangers a mere 7 months ago because he wanted more money, wrong attitude.

• 6 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Don’t understand the logic in bidding for a player then pulling out of the deal
    JFK not following MA’s orders?
    Or is it a case of JFK having no clue who he’s bidding for? Tbf Kone sounds alot like remy and QPR and Wigans kits look similar, well same colours! Honest mistake joe anyone would get confused in those circumstances!

• 7 RooneyToons // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Get real boys we were clearly never in for Kone…. media making a story and people took the bait

cheers

• 8 Barras // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:11 PM

We should try our hardest to sign a CB, Wjinaldum and Siem de Jong and move on from this prolonged nightmare.

• 9 Dondatta13 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I’ve said it once and I will say it again. How morally bankrupt are you wanting to sign somebody associated with a alleged RAPE?

No wonder I find this club so repugnant of late!

• 10 Joe Blog // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Pretty sure MA isn’t one to swallow his pride, so after Remy’s rebuffing of the deal in Jan, I don’t think we’ll be back in for him. Would have to take a wage cut anyway, no doubt. And then there’s the potential for him to be criminally charged.

Slim to no chance.

• 11 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Dondatta
    How morally stuck up are you, innocent until proven guilty ring any bells

• 12 Joe Blog // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM

On Kone, I reckon he’s just told us he has no interest in joining us, as he already has himself mentally at Everton, which I’m glad about.

• 13 Dondatta13 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:16 PM

toonarmydownsouth… Suppose you would invite Bramble around to stop the night?

• 14 Unbelievable Tekkers // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Dondatta13 – You have no idea what actually happened so therefore you should not judge Remy for it. He may well be guilty but there is also a good chance he isnt. There are a lot of f’d up women out there that do cry rape.

• 15 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Tads,

I hear what what your saying. But, that’s a hell of a gamble that like at this moment in time, innocent or guilty

I suppose it would get MA his much needed attention fix for Sports Direct. We would make front page.

• 16 Dondatta13 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Please notice I did state alleged rape…

I never said he was guilty but a slur like that, even if no conviction is attained, sticks with the individual.

Hence the Bramble comment.

• 17 Dondatta13 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM

If/when Remy goes to court and is splashed and hounded by the press…

Do you really think his head will be in the right place to play football?

• 18 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Am I the only one who is getting a bid fed up with us only being interested in French players, or even French speaking players? I love the guys we have signed, but on the scale of things, there are a lot more countries in the world to find players! I’d love us to sign a new Nobby Solano or Daniel Cordone…(that last one was perhaps pushing it)…oh, and I don’t include Darren Bent here as there’s nothing concrete on us being interested I don’t think!

• 19 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:23 PM

There’s bound to be floods of young up and coming talent in Germany, Spain, Russia, South America…even countries like Ukraine and Poland…so why just focus on France? Wonder if Graham Carr just likes going there for his holidays and the great food :)

• 20 John Tudor // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM

great wine

• 21 Senior // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Shearer, Ferdinand, ginola, ba, cisse, kluivert…..aruna fuckin kone, where did I put my shotgun ASHLEY OUT

• 22 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:25 PM

and the French national team’s been a bit of a joke of late, has it not?

• 23 Spahndirge // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM

PEA has sig ned for BVB

• 24 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM

John Tudor, dam right, I’ve been there the last few summers (except this one) to the Dordogne region near Bordeaux…love the confit of duck :)

• 25 John Tudor // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM

cardozo

• 26 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I’d like Wagner Love…in my dreams

• 27 John Tudor // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:29 PM

i just love the champagne region

• 28 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Excellent interview with Perchino on BBC Total Sport – true gent.
    He was told in february that he would not get a new contract and the TOON re-affirmed the decision at the end of the season.

• 29 BRABOT // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Dans le 10 SPORT,ils parlent de Bafe Gomis, ILS disent que Newcasttle s est renseigné sur ce joueur .
    C est pas mal GOMIS,toujours meilleur qu AMEOBI

• 30 Levi // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Can i just say i totally forgot about the rape claim. If that is the reason we aren’t in for him it is a genuinely a good reason his head wont be in the right place(as said above) and he would be getting booed in every stadium and im not sure he has the attitude to deal with that.

• 31 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:32 PM

JT…..I’ve never been but heard its nice. Would be my dream to live over there! I think they appreciate life a lot more than people in the UK do, without sounds liking a tool…just love the pace of it all and like you say…id go even just for the wine

• 32 John Tudor // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:33 PM

i also like the moselle area in germany good stuff there

• 33 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM

John Tudor…you don’t go on holiday with my wife’s parents by any chance? Haha….They go to France in the summer for 2 months, but stop off in the Black Forest in Germany for a couple of weeks before….jammy gits

• 34 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Confirmed on PEA.

• 35 John Tudor // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM

no just skiing in the winter and either germany or france

• 36 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Dondatta
    He’s kicking a ball round the pitch not sleeping on me couch
    And how does that stick with someone if found not guilty or there not even charged?
    Very narrow minded view

• 37 Belfast // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Yes please.

• 38 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Charlie
    Perchy has always handled himself in a top manner, good interview admitted his shock but had no hard feelings and is gearing up for the challenge of promotion, good luck to the lad

• 39 Dondatta13 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Narrow minded view?…

Erm, I can assure you my friend I have a well calibrated moral compass..

Yes he’s kicking a ball around a field, being paid thousands of pounds. Do I want my kids idolizing someone with a slur like that attatched to him? Hell NO!

How does an allegation stick to someone… Like it or not it does… Go ask Mr Bramble

• 40 Belfast // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM

He hasn’t even been charged with rape.

He was bailed, but wasn’t charged.

• 41 magicbus // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM

We have lost PEA to the Germans and now the Chronicle is reporting we have pulled out of the Kone talks
    Good old Mike

• 42 toon kk // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I don’t think Kone will come to us he’s bound to be offered far better wages at Everton. He wouldn’t be a bad signing if he did come. With us being a joke club its hard to get excited about anything we do these days.

• 43 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Prodigy
    Can’t see it as that bigger gamble if they can put a clause in about someone’s bloody knee I’m pretty sure they can put a clause in about prison like

• 44 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:43 PM

We need more firepower at the club. I’d be fairly happy if we signed Kone, Remy, Mcmanaman, De Jong, Alderweireld and Zarate. The total cost for those players would be £29m, so it’d be good business.

Kone is a great player. He was awesome for PSV and had a good season with Wigan. Hopefully Tiote can persuade him to sign for us.

• 45 Belfast // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:45 PM

The girl in question will get a big pay off and the charges will be dropped no doubt

• 46 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Dondotta
    Yes it sticks, because of views like yours

Belfast
    You couldn’t even keep track of the amount of footballers that have been accused and cleared in the last 10 years!

Toon kk
    Of course he won’t come we’ve retracted our bid

• 47 John Tudor // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:46 PM

still need another keeper

• 48 Dondatta13 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:46 PM

TDS…

“As for the media attention bet you it would be less than were getting about JFK!!”…

JFK is a buffoon spouting nonsense…

Remy has some very serious questions coming his was from the constabulary…

Can you not see the difference?

• 49 Joe Blog // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Kets

Whenever you post I lose the will to live.

• 50 Dondatta13 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM

TDS… like I said morally BANKRUPT my friend

• 51 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:48 PM

imagine if we signed Jenas, Dyer, Bellamy, Viana, Boumsong, Woodgate, Bowyer and Craig Moore?

• 52 mattnufc // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:49 PM

@Joe
    As does the rest of the world.

• 53 ROSHAN MAGPIE // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:50 PM

People tell that a player will reach his prime from the age of 28 and I think bent s age is 29 so he will be in his prime so I think he will be more than better replacement for shola if he leaves

• 54 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Dondotta
    If that’s how you see, but it’s sad sad sad way to live YOUR life judging people on speculation
    Not branding someone guilty before a verdict doesn’t make you morally bankrupt, quiet the opposite

• 55 Belfast // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Case will be dropped. Not charges

• 56 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM

just looked up Boumsong on Wiki,….this guy was awful right? How on earth did he go on to play for Juventus, Lyon and now Panathinaikos….all arguably far superior clubs to us (at present)?

• 57 stuart no9 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Makes me smile when people say ” dont understand why they ( ash -jokey queer) are doing this or doing that ” the problem is , they dont understand what their doing – how the hell is anybody else supposed to understand whats going on . – best advice is to sit back – say nowt – dont even try to get in the heads of these 2 , whats the word? ‘ w;;kers”. our time will come !

• 58 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Kone has champions league experience. He is a goalscorer. He’d challenge Cisse for a starting place. We need to act fast. It’s obvious that we’re signing Remy as we haven’t gone in for Aubameyang.

• 59 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Roshan
    Bents in his prime??? Can you even name the last time he played a full 90? Or scored? Or wasn’t getting slated for his shocking attitude towards his team?

• 60 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Tads,

Nah, it’s not for me.

This lad for me is an accident waiting to happen. Trouble has followed him around all his life. His off the field problems are well noted in France.

I was ready to give the lad an opportunity in the summer but his move to QPR and the way he snubbed us, plus his exploits since or his lack of professionalism is enough for me.

Cracking footballer though, i’d just stay well clear.

Putting it down to an unnecessary gamble.

Work time. Catch yas in a bit lads.

• 61 Rake // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I don’t want Remy… BUT remember innocent until proven guilty.

• 62 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Prodigy
    I get you having a problem with his exploit(s?) but because he snubbed us? So what at least QPRs owners were showing some drive
    And lack of professionalism? Done what he was paid to do turned up scored goals, and well

• 63 nufcursed // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:57 PM

kone, bent, remy are not the type of players we need to sign!
    i’m absolutely schocked at how low we’re aiming at for transfer targets!
    these are players on their way down…
    every newcastle fan who thinks this club will achieve anything under ashley/pardew/kinnear is deluded.
    we clearly have no ambition at all!

• 64 Senior // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Shearer, bellamy, kluivert, ginola, solano,asprilla, ferdinand, owen, ba, cisse….aruna fu*in kone. So depressed,

• 65 Dondatta13 // Jul 4, 2013 at 6:59 PM

TDS… I never laid any accusations at him, but they have been made, that is a FACT.

Are you now championing his case… It would appear so..

Is that morally right, let the public decide.

There are any number of players this once mighty club can attract, why go for someone with a HUGE question hanging over him?

P.S… This club has been building dossiers on potential players nature… Would Remy pass that in this moment in time?

• 66 ROSHAN MAGPIE // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Toonarmydownsouth one question for you who is a better player shola or bent

• 67 Joe Blog // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I’d get a sculptor to make me an effigy of Ashley in the style of a happy Buddah and worship it each day, if the git would just lay down £15m for Mario Gomez and stump up the cash for his wages – he is moving and some team will be very lucky! Would immediately propel us into contenders for a European spot. Alas, there’s more chance of us signing Gomez Addams – dun-na-na-nen *click click* dun-na-na-nen *click click*……

• 68 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Kone’s a great player. One of the top strikers in the world. £5m is a bargain. He’ll do a job for us. He’s a real threat. Hopefully we’ll pay big money for Benteke.

• 69 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I reckon we should offer Bayern £50mil for Mandzukic and Shaqiri ;)

• 70 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Tads,

It’s not that he snubbed us, it’s the way he did. He prefered to have a lye in and an extra few hours in bed rather than fly over to see us as planned. Instead, he jumped straight on the plane to London for the money.

The bloke stinks man.

I’v got to dash, catch up soon mate ;)

• 71 Senior // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I cant fathom this like, our crack recruitment team pipe up in Jan saying targets identified for summer, last ball is kicked as we limped through the arsenal game- these bastads should have been swarming the targets then, instead they all go on holiday, all the decent free transfers are swallowed up by competent clubs and we get the walking heart attack instead, who then said they are drawing up a list of targets in goddam JULY. PEA gone, bony almost, ince almost, douglas almost and so on…me fatha would be turning in his grave to see this shower at our beloved club. OUT OUT OUT

• 72 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Tell you who’s a cracking forward….Richard Brodie, just signed for Gateshead…seriously, I used to play with him at youth level and I remember him knockin up 70+ goals during more than one season. If you wanna see a decent striker, get down to watch Gateshead this season, probably a much more pleasant experience all round to be honest and far less moaning goin on. I reckon they might go up this year

• 73 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Prodigy…with everyrhing going on with Remy and the way he snuped us before I wouldn’t pay QPR the £8M they want; I would test their resolvment!

…and Remy wouldn’t get a penny more than what we offered before :-) I might not wanna come then but buhoo ;-) lol

• 74 Mister Tuff // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:12 PM

tudor – john good shout on the wine – even the cheap wine bought in a French supermarket is better than the stuff on sale in the UK.
    roblee7 – good shout on the holiday destination of the Dordogne – been there for the last 4 years holis. Fly from the Toon to Limoges, hire a car, drive south -to a place called Curemonte -good base to explore the Dordogne Valley. Good food,good roads, hundreds of places to visit and no mosquitos -going again back end of August for a fortnight.

• 75 scout // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I met Brodie a while back in Crawley town centre, didn’t realise who he was until I saw him on the tv, he didn’t even mention he was a player. Seemed a top lad

• 76 t00ntime // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Not signing Remy because he has been accused of rape is a very stupid reason. He has a great ability has pace can shoot and will want to prove himself to get in to Frances world cup squad.

He snubbed us for QPR, so what? No player at nufc has loyalty. None not even Staylor. Some have more than others (like Staylor, but if he got offered a deal at man utd and 1st team football he would snap their hand off imo). Remy is a player who didnt care who he played for, he wanted bpl football that was it. We offered him exactly the same as QPR but half the wages and twice the fans. No player today is going to choose the club that offers fans over the club that offers money. Definitely if its 2 random clubs.

Now about the rape. He is innocent atm! people saying they dont want him cause he has been ACCUSED of rape and they dont want their children idolizing someone who has been accused of that, I can accuse you of rape and as long as I have a tiny bit of evidence that you were with me or that I have been raped, they HAVE to look in to it. Does that mean when you are found innocent you shouldnt be near your kid because you have been accused of rape? No because it was a bullsh1t claim and you were found INNOCENT. Accusing someone of something doesnt mean they have done or even been close to doing it. The fact that your small minded enough to go by the ‘no smoke without a fire’ saying , and not want a quality player because he MIGHT of raped someone is stupid. If he is GUILTY I would agree with you but at this moment he is innocent.

People will boo him? Who cares? Messi was in trouble for fraud (or something like that), do you think Barca fans are like “O no, better sell him. Other fans wont like OUR player”. No, because they know his positives outweigh his negatives. Remy isnt as good as Messi but for us at such a low price he is 100% the best Striker we can get and if you ask me its more important nufc get goals than that other fans like our players/club.

Also remember Mike Tyson was done for rape? actually even found GUILTY! If you ask any Tyson fan what they like about him or what they Idolize about him, they will mention his Hard work, his strength, his speed, his technique etc. None will mention his rape charge. Yes they make jokes, yes non boxing fans remember him for that, but if you idolize someone you Idolize their good points and thats what you aim for. Someone idolizing Remy will forget about the rape quickly and focus on becoming what they like about him.

Until proven guilty I’d love him here at NUFC. If proven guilty, it would be harder to accept but if we cant get anyone better i’d still accept him. Because for me, I care about what they do on the pitch.
    Barton 100% pr1ck, but he loved us for sticking by him, and wanted to repay us so worked hard. I like Barton.
    Ranger, pr1ck off the pitch and when on the pitch most of the time he didnt seem to care or work hard. Missed training, didnt respect the fans etc. I dont like him.
    If Remy works had and scores goals i’ll accept him, just wont be as happy.

Thats all my opinion, sorry if i offend anyone, but seriously he is still innocent and should NOT be treat differently.

• 77 toon kk // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Why do so many people dislike Kone? He might be a bit old but he a better goal scorer than any player we have at the moment.

• 78 GatesheadMag // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Maybe weve pulled out the kone deal because another teams accepted a horrendously low bid from.us. Maybe such a low bid that ash and jk didnt think would be accepted but now has. So were bow pressing ahead with that?

God i could write stories for corrie! Im just trying to convince me self really

• 79 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:19 PM

t00ntime…fair enough you don’t care what he is accused of rape and that he snubbed us, but some do!

…I think they are important things and personally I don’t have much time for people that are only money orientated! That goes for footballer, colleagues, friends and family as well.

It says alot about them as a person.

• 80 Dondatta13 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Toontime… So just because a human can put a sphere into a goal you are willing to back him regardless of what he may or may not have done off the pitch?

Jebus…

Seriously, Ive had it with this club, the moronic supporters who spout off with their black n white glasses on blinkered to the bigger picture..

You dont mind your kids idolizing someone who has been allegedly involved in a gang rape.. Me on the other hand… F OFF

• 81 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Very good player and if the rape charges disappear there will be plenty of clubs lining up to get him Id imagine another of the false hopes Id imagine

Id happily have him though if found innocent obviously am not too fussed about him picking QPR over us seemed more to do with his agents than Remy himself

Thus far the transfer window has left us standing still it seems which is a big worry considering what happened last summer

• 82 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:20 PM

*what = that

• 83 JAMSHA // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:22 PM

t00ntime

:thumbsup:

• 84 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:24 PM

t00ntime
    If Remy is found guilt no I wouldnt want him anywhere near our club and I dont think he would be accepted by most mags tbh

• 85 oldbobaycliffe // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:25 PM

the cooling of interest in kone could be that ashley has had an offer for the club,or is waiting to sell cabaye so we have more cash to spend on better players or simply kinnear jumped the gun really does think he runs the club and MA has reminded him that not only does he own the club but its his transfer policy i think it is the last one imo

• 86 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Scout…he is a nice lad, went to my school and was fanatic about one of my twin sisters when he was about 9! Haha…Mark my words, if he starts for Gateshead I’d put money on him scoring 20+ this season.seriously, he’s a goal machine.not the best all rounder but a goalscorer.as for the designer, so jealous, wish I was there this year.love the caves n great for cycling too

• 87 Dondatta13 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:27 PM

OK… so…

A sunderland player posts pics of himself laying down with £50 notes on him…

Cue the uproar and public outcry..

He is more or less moved on…

Yet someone is accused of RAPE and your willing to put him on a plinth and worship him because he puts a spherical object into a goal?

Take ya black n white glasses off you look like an idiot!

• 88 t00ntime // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Jesper, I’d agree about money normally. But almost all football players only care about money/trophies. At this time we cannot offer them the chance to be competing for trophies. We can offer them a stage to display their talents to get them a better move or money to convince them to stay with us.
    If a player gets a choice to display their talents+lots of cash, I think we would be left with 1 or 2 of our starting 11. Remy doesnt just care about money, but he was offered the same job, with the same goal (showcase talent) 1 pays twice as much. I dont know about you but i’d sign up for the double money straight away. I’m not money orientated but they are paying more for doing exactly the same. If he had left us for qpr i wouldnt want him back. But thats just my opinion, and like people have said Remy will probably never come anyway for better or for worse.

• 89 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Bit about foregone was meant for u mister tuff!

• 90 jazzyp // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:27 PM

good evening lads I see its been another mad day in the lives of a toon fan.
    personally I do see kone as an upgrade on shola but come on guys this sort of signing is in no way taking nufc to the next level.i know the transfer window is still young and time will tell but this is not a signing to make you sit up and take notice.
    whether we were or were not in for aubameyang,it would have taken the club forward-siem de jong would take the club forward.Likes of kone and bent are not what we should be even considering if we are to seriously challenging for a top 6-7 status

• 91 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM

grrrr.predictive txt! Dordogne. How did it write foregone?haha

• 92 King Arfa // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM

God damb it i hate bein a toon fan lol such hard work at times ! Bloody sign someone of note please not 16 year old that wont be anywhere near the 1st team for years

• 93 toon kk // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Our wage cap could be our downfall this transfer window. Any good player will be offered more at another club. Not to mention our lack of ambition.

• 94 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I’d of liked Snodgrass b4 , Norwich snapped him up…reminds me a bit of Rob Lee…not me

• 95 t00ntime // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM

WWYCD. I agree with that, I think lots of fans would have trouble liking him after that even if he scores alot. But if he is found innocent and someone like swansea sign him and he scores 20, we will be kicking ourselves.
    Its a risk to take, but writing him off because he has only been accused is a bit over the top imo. Will be interesting to see what happens after the court case whether innocent or guilty

• 96 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Dondatta13
    I take it u wouldnt want RVP at NUFC then?

• 97 transfer sage 2 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:32 PM

to make this a good transfer window
    ins
    remy/gramiero
    zarate will do a good job for less than a freddo and play across the midfield
    jermain lens/narsingh both fantastic players lens got 15 goals and has said he wants to move to the prem

• 98 Dondatta13 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:34 PM

In June 2005, while in Rotterdam with the Dutch national team for the 2006 World Cup qualifiers, Van Persie was arrested on suspicion of rape by Dutch police.[105] Sandra Krijgsman, a former Miss Nigeria Holland winner, claimed that she was attacked by Van Persie in a hotel.[106] He was held for fourteen nights in prison while the police investigated the allegations made against him[107] but was then released without charge, though he was still under suspicion.[108] In February 2006, the case against Van Persie was dismissed by the Dutch Public Prosecution Service after they completed their investigations stating that no sexual contact with coercion happened, with Van Persie’s accuser later admitting she had made up the story to gain publicity…

He was cleared and exonerated.. Proven lies against him…

Whats the situation with Remy again?

• 99 HullMag6 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Sources on france were quoted we’re looking at Gomis. Possibly why interest cooled on kone. Or gamerio relegated to the reserves at PSG – looking for a way out?

• 100 ToonDanno // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Did warn everyone kone story was rubbish, never bid for him and haven’t bid for pea since jan so I repeat we ain’t losing out on our targets. Patience

• 101 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:35 PM

t00ntime
    Yeah if hes innocent right now Id be wanting NUFC to go all out to bring him in and (I said this earlier) the fact Newcastles a long way off London may appeal to him after this

I think he will end up at Spurs though if am honest then that leaves Damiao for us ;)

• 102 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Zarate did well at brum. He’d be a great signing for us. He’s just what we need. Kone is a decent player. He’d be a good addition to the first team.

• 103 t00ntime // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Dondatta the point is you are treating him as a rapist before it is proven. Atm he is as innocent as you or me. I agree if he is convicted most fans wont want him, but until proven he should be judged as a normal human.
    The fact that Sunderland moved that player on tells me he wasnt good enough anyway. If Ben Arfa did that, I wouldnt want him fired, his positives outweigh his negatives.

If remy is done for rape I’d be with you 100%. (though I’d be willing to forgive after he did his time, most will not. and thats fair enough) but have a based an opinion on something you cannot know yet.

• 104 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Dondatta13
    RVP was accused and arrested under the charge of rape
    Remy has been accused and arrested under the charge of rape

• 105 HullMag6 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I voted no.

He’s a merc and January’s cock up proved it, once bitten etc.

Allegations – no smoke without fire. Police suspect but need evidence so he’s damaged goods already.

• 106 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:39 PM

…thus far neither have been found guilt yet u are acting as if Remy has been

(sent before I wanted it to)

• 107 t00ntime // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:40 PM

dondatta the situation with Remy? erm the same as with RVP before his case was dismissed. Who knows Remys case might be dismissed tomorrow. You are jumping the gun abit accusing someone doesnt make the guilty

• 108 jazzyp // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:41 PM

cabaye and cisse and Jonas for 50 mill.
    bring in siem de jong-remy-ba-sackho-ince-lens job done its that easy-we wish

• 109 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:42 PM

t00ntime…I don’t think every footballer is money orientated; there has been shift in priorities the last decade because of all the money and fame thrown around in some leagues.

Youngsters are more concerned about which car they are driving, going to parties and being seen. They have lost touch with what’s it all about and forgotten it is a privilege to be able to do what you love for a living.

You know someone said earlier today that a footballer’s career is short and he could understand money was important. Well a pro footballer might have 15 years if he’s lucky and if he earns an average of £ 30k a week that’s £120k a month and £ 1.44M a year times 15 that’s £ 21,6M. Then there is sign on fees and sponsorship and advertisement.

A regular person earns around £ 2M in there whole life. So give me a break about money. Money should never be an object for a footballer.

They are spoiled brats in my book and luckily there are good people around so I wouldn’t mind if we snubbed Remy and played hardball with him. If we sign him it should be on our terms, not his and not his agent.

• 110 t00ntime // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Hullmag people get blamed for stuff constantly that isnt true. No smoke without a fire is the worst saying ever made up. There are quite a few people out their who got set up, accused and then found innocent but because people believe that stupid saying they always blame that person and hate him/her for nothing.

Its ur opinion on the january fiasco and I fully understand why you wouldnt want him for that but please dont use that saying xD

• 111 toonking // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Bonjour
    I am listening to the 3 legends show and one caller has made some very good point and the more I think about it the more I believe the truth about the fat bastard is he is using us as nothing but an advert for his stupid shops.
    I have seen so much which probably shows it

1. although it was only supposedly meant to be for a limit time he deceided to change the name to the shops for ever the reason for that I believe it was as a second attempt to advertise his brand at the 2012 olyimpics which failed.
    2.when we qualified for Europe the reason he probably did it was so that he could try getting more easy forms of advertising but uefa did not allow him that instead he had to use uefas own sponsors as the main advertising.
    3.he decided to put some money into rangers, money which could have been used to improve our squad and the very first thing thing he did to there was change their stadum name to his brand.
    4. when ever something strange happens the very first person we aim the blame to is that fat bastard weather it’s fans media news or netruals and we easily associate him with that brand which again is free advertising.

the caller is probably right all he wants from us is lot’s of free advertising and the best ways he can achieve that is causing shocking decisions for the Media to publish in papers and on the news and as long as we remain in the biggest and most watched league in the world that’s good enough to him. he probably will hate for us to be in Europe because in his mind it means we need to build our squad which means spending lot’s and what good is it for him when the Europa league gives very little money and he can’t use much advertising of his own brand. as for the champions league he might get lots from that league but that means spending £100mil+ to stand any chance.

• 112 transfer sage 2 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:44 PM

yohan kebab<siem de jong
    obertan<narsingh
    will<anyone

• 113 toon kk // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Most clubs do there scouting well before the window opens we probably just started. Same old story MA hates the thought of parting with his cash.

• 114 t00ntime // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:45 PM

jesper fair enough. The money really has destroyed football and loyalty as we knew it. I understand why you wouldnt want him, and i hope if he does sign he works hard, scores goals and we all forget about the money thing.
    Cant see MA ever bending over and doing it on someone elses terms :P

• 115 Dondatta13 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Look.. let me get this clear…

He has been accused, he has alot of very public court appearances awaiting him…

I don’t want my club associated with all that comes with that type of inquiry…

It may be all rubbish, lies, fabricated..

Let the law make sure before we throw a huge lucrative contract at him and our kids get jerseys with his name on.

• 116 I am a geordie // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Get him in .
    Please just give us a striker

• 117 ToonDanno // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Oh and we ain’t in for Gomis either, hate to be spoil sport

• 118 jazzyp // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I would be more than happy with gomis if French rumours to be true.25 in 35 games last term aint a bad return for the season.kone or gomis -no contest

• 119 t00ntime // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Dondatta that sounds better. When you first started it sounded more as if you didnt want him even if found innocent because he had been accused of rape.
    Now I understand where you are coming from though, just really hope we dont miss out on him and then he is found innocent. I wouldnt mind waiting for his court case to be over before we sign him, only thing that worries me is if found innocent bigger clubs might be after him, like spurs (as been mentioned).

Anyone know when he is actually in court?

• 120 fog on the tyne // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Heard darren bent just checked into copthorne, personally dont believe this source as he told me he was having med at nutfield last monday. Believe what u’s want lads but that info i jus got. No way ami ink!!!!!

• 121 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:52 PM

We should be challenging for the top 4 next season. We need to be bringing in at least 6 top quality players to do that.

• 122 ToonDanno // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Closing in on Remy :). He won’t be found guilty great signing!

• 123 Stevenage Magpie // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I’ve got a suspicion that the reason we have pulled out of the Kone deal is because maybe there has been progress on a target higher up the list

• 124 jazzyp // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM

toontime
    hes in court September bud

• 125 WWYCD // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Dondatta13
    I don’t think anyone is suggesting getting him in until the case is dealt with but if he’s found guilt then I have no issue with him

• 126 Dondatta13 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM

My point is he has a serious allegation over his head.. Nobody knows if he is innocent or guilty..

I don’t want this mighty club signing ANYONE who has something so serious and vile hanging over them…

If he is cleared… Happy days…

But as it stands.. right here… right now… NOT A CHANCE i want him here

• 127 Mister Tuff // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM

roblee7 -yes a great place for the holis. I’m currently organising this years trip. We’ve got an isolated villa in its’ own grounds – 4 mountain bikes to use on the surrounding farm tracks -tv/wifi -all mod cons. Couple of years ago did the visit to Padirac -underground cave -part of it was on a gondola on the underground river. This year going to visit some of the caves in the Vezere Valley -check out the cave drawings, bones of cro magnon man (close relatives to JK). Better place to live than here -that’s for sure.

• 128 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Kets…we ain’t bringing in 6 quality players but yes,if we had some ambition this would be the goal. After last season I get the impression a mid-table finish will satisfy these muppets

• 129 Stevenage Magpie // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:55 PM

ToonDanno what’s your link to the club, out of interest?

• 130 fog on the tyne // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Plus i thought remy had been bailed until ovtober??? Might be wrong there. O

• 131 Joe Blog // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Why do people think we retracted our offer?To me it sounds like he’s just flat out rejected us and I expect him to sign with Everton by noon tomorrow – think he’d already made his mind up, though I suspect our team behind the scenes knew that all along.

• 132 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM

t00ntime…me neither :) lol

…I am a forgetful guy and I don’t hold a grudge for long, so should it happen he signs (and is cleared of all charges) then I’ll probably forgive and forget!

Just annoyed about money being an object for someone who never has to worry about money again. They can just concentrate on doing what they love – I know I would have given mu right arm to be where they are and I did feel sad for a moment when injuries ruined my chances as a kid!

• 133 King Arfa // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Or maybe we have cooled of him because he has no interest what so ever in coming to the circus that is the mighty newcastle united just a thought!!

• 134 Mister Tuff // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM

jazzp @121 – Remy is not at court -he responds to his bail to the cop shop in September.

• 135 t00ntime // Jul 4, 2013 at 7:59 PM

jazzyp hmm… well thats a bummer.

dondatta I get where your coming from and hope all works out well for the victim (whether its the girl or Remy) and us. Atm I’m just hoping we sign a shola replacement and a Ba replacement. Remy looked perfect as Ba replacement until this whole thing.

• 136 Stevenage Magpie // Jul 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM

But surely if he rejected us then Wigan would just say he rejected us, why would they say we pulled out if we didn’t?

• 137 t00ntime // Jul 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM

jesper I never had to go through the troubles of injury ruining, largely because I was sh1t anyway lol. I dont understand how it can go from being a kids dream and working for it non stop, to not caring about it and looking for nothing but cash. extra cash fair enough, trophies and cash fair enough, but just cash? did the players never listen to Jessie J lol.

• 138 roblee7 // Jul 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Mister tuff. ….man, I’m soooo jealous…that underground cave sounds incredible. Haha,just looked up the cave paintings and yes they look very close relatives to jk :) I always enjoyed sipping a freezing cold Hoegarrden next to the river at lemule …we’ve always stayed at le biggie which I like…some cracking restaurants nearby too

• 139 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 8:03 PM

t00ntime…don’t worry it was just a football injury and I am fine :)

…and I have moved on!

• 140 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 4, 2013 at 8:05 PM

t00ntime…I guess there is too much money thrown around today!

…just look at the new Sky deal with PL; it is out of this world I think!

• 141 jazzyp // Jul 4, 2013 at 8:14 PM

mister tuff@131 you are quite correct sir.i think he will walk free from this after answering bail in september

• 142 scout // Jul 4, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Roblee
    I won’t say where I met him but as you say he’s a good lad. Any bookies give odds on top Gatesheed scorer??

• 143 fatman // Jul 4, 2013 at 9:00 PM

just herd a bunch of lads singing he’s ate all the pies, he’s ate all the pies, the fat pikey bas*ard hes ate all the pies, seems people are hitting the bottle a bit. i would not dare put other stuff they were singing on a family blog like this but it was rather funny. lets just hope he eats Ashly’s pie’s and gets his p45.

• 144 mindshaft // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Remy ain’t gonna happen, wages too high

I am so kin underwhelmed – let’s get the season started so they can put me out my misery and I can watch relegation unfold

• 145 mindshaft // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:10 AM

And ffffoooook right off, I don’t want to play candy crush !!!

previous post: Newcastle Complete First Signing Of The Summer

next post: Are Newcastle In The Lead For Loic Remy And Tom Ince?