Note To Kinnear – Fans Want This Striker Signed By Newcastle

We had posed the question whether Newcastle would forget that Loic Remy rejected us last January, and go back in for the QPR striker, since he’s available for just £8M from QPR.

loic remy france 99

Loic Remy – majority of fans want him signed

And to judge the mood of the fans,  we put out another poll on whether Newcastle should sign the 18 times capped French International,  who scored an impressive 6 goals in 14 appearances for QPR this year.

And the results are that a 64% majority of fans want this lad signed up – Joe Kinnear please take note.

Certainly if Newcastle can get Wigan striker Arouna Kone and Loic Remy on board for just £13M in total, that would be good business, with both players having proved they can score goals in the Premier League.

But the Evening Chronicle are reporting that Newcastle have pulled out of the race to sign Kone – so we weren’t in very long?

Here’s the results of the poll so far on Remy, and it’s still open if you haven’t yet voted.

Should Newcastle Try To Sign Loic Remy For £8M This Summer?

Loading ... Loading ...

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Levi

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Wow you red my comment from the last thread quick ed haha

• remy D

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Not going to happen no point going on about it club is a disgrace.bid for kone then 5 hours later pull out of deal get real man pure joke club

• RooneyToons

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM

WHY NO STRIKEY YET… I WANTY

GIMME MIKEY

• Toon-Prodigy

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM

It shows how much we desperately need a striker if the majority are willing to fund for an “alledged rapist”. Especially with the bad media we have had lately.

Complete madness through my eyes.

Take note Mike.

• Barras

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM

From Aubameyang to Bent, Kone and Remy.

Newcastle United are going nowhere with this redundant ambition.

Bent – 29, wrong attitude, his best days have passed as a footballer, demands high wages, spoils team morale if he is not in the starting 11.

Kone – 29, his best days have passed as a footballer.

Remy – he rejected us for Queens Park Rangers a mere 7 months ago because he wanted more money, wrong attitude.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Don’t understand the logic in bidding for a player then pulling out of the deal
    JFK not following MA’s orders?
    Or is it a case of JFK having no clue who he’s bidding for? Tbf Kone sounds alot like remy and QPR and Wigans kits look similar, well same colours! Honest mistake joe anyone would get confused in those circumstances!

• RooneyToons

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Get real boys we were clearly never in for Kone…. media making a story and people took the bait

cheers

• Barras

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:11 PM

We should try our hardest to sign a CB, Wjinaldum and Siem de Jong and move on from this prolonged nightmare.

• Dondatta13

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I’ve said it once and I will say it again. How morally bankrupt are you wanting to sign somebody associated with a alleged RAPE?

No wonder I find this club so repugnant of late!

• Joe Blog

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Pretty sure MA isn’t one to swallow his pride, so after Remy’s rebuffing of the deal in Jan, I don’t think we’ll be back in for him. Would have to take a wage cut anyway, no doubt. And then there’s the potential for him to be criminally charged.

Slim to no chance.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Dondatta
    How morally stuck up are you, innocent until proven guilty ring any bells

• Joe Blog

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM

On Kone, I reckon he’s just told us he has no interest in joining us, as he already has himself mentally at Everton, which I’m glad about.

• Dondatta13

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:16 PM

toonarmydownsouth… Suppose you would invite Bramble around to stop the night?

• Unbelievable Tekkers

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Dondatta13 – You have no idea what actually happened so therefore you should not judge Remy for it. He may well be guilty but there is also a good chance he isnt. There are a lot of f’d up women out there that do cry rape.

• Toon-Prodigy

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Tads,

I hear what what your saying. But, that’s a hell of a gamble that like at this moment in time, innocent or guilty

I suppose it would get MA his much needed attention fix for Sports Direct. We would make front page.

• Dondatta13

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Please notice I did state alleged rape…

I never said he was guilty but a slur like that, even if no conviction is attained, sticks with the individual.

Hence the Bramble comment.

• Dondatta13

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM

If/when Remy goes to court and is splashed and hounded by the press…

Do you really think his head will be in the right place to play football?

• roblee7

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Am I the only one who is getting a bid fed up with us only being interested in French players, or even French speaking players? I love the guys we have signed, but on the scale of things, there are a lot more countries in the world to find players! I’d love us to sign a new Nobby Solano or Daniel Cordone…(that last one was perhaps pushing it)…oh, and I don’t include Darren Bent here as there’s nothing concrete on us being interested I don’t think!

• roblee7

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:23 PM

There’s bound to be floods of young up and coming talent in Germany, Spain, Russia, South America…even countries like Ukraine and Poland…so why just focus on France? Wonder if Graham Carr just likes going there for his holidays and the great food 🙂

• John Tudor

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM

great wine

• Senior

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Shearer, Ferdinand, ginola, ba, cisse, kluivert…..aruna fuckin kone, where did I put my shotgun ASHLEY OUT

• roblee7

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:25 PM

and the French national team’s been a bit of a joke of late, has it not?

• Spahndirge

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM

PEA has sig ned for BVB

• roblee7

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM

John Tudor, dam right, I’ve been there the last few summers (except this one) to the Dordogne region near Bordeaux…love the confit of duck 🙂

• John Tudor

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM

cardozo

• roblee7

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I’d like Wagner Love…in my dreams

• John Tudor

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:29 PM

i just love the champagne region

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Excellent interview with Perchino on BBC Total Sport – true gent.
    He was told in february that he would not get a new contract and the TOON re-affirmed the decision at the end of the season.

• BRABOT

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Dans le 10 SPORT,ils parlent de Bafe Gomis, ILS disent que Newcasttle s est renseigné sur ce joueur .
    C est pas mal GOMIS,toujours meilleur qu AMEOBI

• Levi

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Can i just say i totally forgot about the rape claim. If that is the reason we aren’t in for him it is a genuinely a good reason his head wont be in the right place(as said above) and he would be getting booed in every stadium and im not sure he has the attitude to deal with that.

• roblee7

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:32 PM

JT…..I’ve never been but heard its nice. Would be my dream to live over there! I think they appreciate life a lot more than people in the UK do, without sounds liking a tool…just love the pace of it all and like you say…id go even just for the wine

• John Tudor

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:33 PM

i also like the moselle area in germany good stuff there

• roblee7

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM

John Tudor…you don’t go on holiday with my wife’s parents by any chance? Haha….They go to France in the summer for 2 months, but stop off in the Black Forest in Germany for a couple of weeks before….jammy gits

• John Tudor

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM

no just skiing in the winter and either germany or france

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Dondatta
    He’s kicking a ball round the pitch not sleeping on me couch
    And how does that stick with someone if found not guilty or there not even charged?
    Very narrow minded view

• Belfast

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Yes please.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Charlie
    Perchy has always handled himself in a top manner, good interview admitted his shock but had no hard feelings and is gearing up for the challenge of promotion, good luck to the lad

• Dondatta13

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Narrow minded view?…

Erm, I can assure you my friend I have a well calibrated moral compass..

Yes he’s kicking a ball around a field, being paid thousands of pounds. Do I want my kids idolizing someone with a slur like that attatched to him? Hell NO!

How does an allegation stick to someone… Like it or not it does… Go ask Mr Bramble

• Belfast

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM

He hasn’t even been charged with rape.

He was bailed, but wasn’t charged.