The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

French International Wants To Stay Put At Lyon – Here’s Why

3:15 pm, Friday, July 5th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 192 Comments

There was news in lesport10 yesterday that Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas had made it a priority to sell his striker sign Bafétimbi Gomis this summer, because the French club was short of money and Gomis is one of their best players.

batefembi gomis

Bafétimbi Gomis – wants to stay at Lyon

But news coming out of France and specifically from the French Daily L’Equipe, is that Gomis is determined to stay put at Lyon.

This is what L’Equipe have reported today – and this is what Gomis has said in the paper – with the translation by Google translate:

“If I get a year of the end of my contract, it’s not my fault.” I respect all the clubs, but I still have the right to decide my own destination, right?” “I want to choose without being forced, even if it gives me more advantages staying at Lyon.”

That reference to one more year on his contract, refers to the fact that Gomis signed a five year contract in the summer of 2009, when he was signed for €14M from St. Etienne,

And of course that means he will be a free agent next summer and can leave for nothing, which is one reason Lyon want to sell him this summer.

And of course Gomis has every legal right to see out his contract and then become a free agent next summer, just like Danny Simpson did at Newcastle this summer.

We had revealed yesterday that Newcastle put in a £10M bid for him back in the summer of 2008 when he was still at St. Etienne, but we’d be very surprised if Gomis ends up at Newcastle this summer.

And according to news in the Evening Chronicle from Lee Ryder this morning, Newcastle are after younger and hungrier strikers than we’ve been linked with so far this summer.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

192 responses so far ↓

• 1 cyprus // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I’ve seen many strikers come and go, but this is the best instinctive striker we have ever had. We must treasure and develop him. Now, all the coaching team need is to find someone fast who can combine with him, feed him and play close to him and score too. Interestingly, we may already have such a player, one who scored 25 goals in the last two seasons. But, the coaches have a lot of work to do.
    PS. Have they found a solution with him wearing that Wonga shirt?

The problem is when this duo misfires or one is injured or the opposition has him in its pocket. That’s when we need an alternative or two, which we don’t have.

On most of these strikers you are posting Ed I for one have little idea as I’ve caught fleeting glimpses of them in their respective leagues.

• 2 JAMSHA // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Reeeeepost sory

JAMSHA // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    ———————–Krul———————–
    Debu———–Saylor——Colo————-Mopo
    Sinclair————–Cabaye———–Gufo/Santon
    ———-HBA——————–Remy———–
    ———————–Cisse———————–

• 3 Ben3arfa // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM

But Lyon want to sell

• 4 Mister Tuff // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Now we hear from Cisse (as well as Sissoko) that he has also been played out of position by Percy. Whilst what they say is no surprise -I cannot off the top of my head remember a couple of first team players saying they have not been played in their best positions.

• 5 jayphoto // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Big problem last year was players out of position! Think sissoko as number 10 was madness, many french managers and press openly joked about it! Even Sissoko was amazed by it! Cisse at right wing was pardew trying to shove square pegs in round holes to accomodate his best 11 on talent rather than suitability for the system! Think we always need to go with specialist players for each position

• 6 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:34 PM

” You cannot off the
    top of my head remember a
    couple of first team players
    saying they have not been
    played in their best positions.”

Don’t you mean you cannot remember any players saying they have been played in their best position? :-)

• 7 jayphoto // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:35 PM

On Gomis, he isn’t the worst shout you know! Works hard for the team, hes no aubameyang, not even close but the PEA will become one of europes top players, but Gomis could do a job, kind of player that other players love to play with, theres alot more to him than his goal record

• 8 toon kk // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:38 PM

We have a few really talented players, we Need striker options and some pace. But what baffles me most of all is why we’re not match fit and Pardew playing players out of position all the time. This encourages hoof ball.

• 9 Ben3arfa // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:42 PM

L’Equipe: Simon Kjaer to have Lille medical today and agree a 4 year contract. Wolfsburg and Lille putting final touches to €2m fee. #LOSC

WTF how did we not try sign this lad .. What a bargain

• 10 Mister Tuff // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM

jesper – hi -you’ve got me confused. What I’m saying is I cannot remember two players from the same team, within the space of a couple of days -saying they were not played in their best positions -I think that makes sense -does it.
    If it doesn’t I’m blaming the sun – red hot here in Northumberland -I’m dashing in and out – sandpapering/painting outside and nipping back in to see if anything is happening at the Toon.

• 11 Jail for Ashley // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Just a thought as it’s quiet, do all the people who said Mike Ashley business genius always learns from his mistakes FACT, feel a little foolish after the reappointment of Media Joe.

• 12 Joe Blog // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Pardew was, in a simple-minded way, trying to emulate what Man City did with Yaya, using Sissoko – probably because they’re both big and powerful runners – that is the mastermind we have at the helm – a toddler could come up with that ‘tactic’.

• 13 Jayk // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I’m tired of cheering on a? bunch of overpaid pricks who’s only loyalty in life is themselves. There’s more important things in life, like White Genocide, the destruction of our Identity and democracy. Football is a pointless distraction, the players don’t care about you or the club, they only care about you worshiping them as gods, like the little plebs that you are. It’s sad, seeing a generation graft all week to watch a game that they are too fat and pathetic to play themselves.

• 14 Joe Blog // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Not booked yourself in for therapy yet, Jayk?

• 15 Belfast // Jul 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Wash your mouth out Jail.
    We would of been the next Porstmouth without sir Mike Ashley.

And when the financial fair play rules come in we’ll win the league. It’s all good.

• 16 Rotonda heights // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Jayk

You need to up the dose. it’s not working

• 17 rainrix // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Jayk…. U Mad Bro?

• 18 I am a geordie // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Jayk.
    Would u.like to.say that in person to us loyal and hopefull supporters faces.
    I dare say u wouldnt .
    I for one would more than likely take your head from ur shoulders.
    If ya not happy gwt off the blog and go watch the egg chasers

• 19 Mister Tuff // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Jayk – you are being a naughty boy -clearly you should be in the day room in the afternoons. Have you sneaked into Matrons office to use her computer -whilst she is out – you naughty boy.

• 20 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Ah Jayk the white supremecist returns. Why are you on a football blog FFS.

• 21 DokToon // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:14 PM

jayk

“there’s more important things in life, like white genocide, the destruction of our identity…”

WTF is that?

methinks, world peace, curing cancer, world hunger, and the toon winning a cup are far above your piddly little wants… run along, let the grownups talk, little boy…

• 22 I am a geordie // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Jayk.
    No doubt u were one of the hapless hoodlems on derby day .
    Sad little man or rather little boy.

• 23 Jayk // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Lots of anti-white hate in the? comments. Africa for the african, Asia for the asian, and white countries for everyone. The people who claim they are anti-racist are really just anti-white. Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white.

• 24 I am a geordie // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:22 PM

DICK!

• 25 DokToon // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:22 PM

jayk,

i would not piss on your gums if your mouth was on fire… begone, you oxygen thief…

• 26 John Tudor // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:23 PM

come the day of the glorious revolution it may be you thats stood against a wall and shot

• 27 ToonMauritius // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Hi Lads
    I think everybody here is waiting for the new signing as claimed by JK, “is it an April fool or July-fool”

• 28 John Tudor // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM

me im waiting for goddo

• 29 John Tudor // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:32 PM

and it aint paul goddard

• 30 Rake // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM

From what i can gather from a few youtube vids of Gomis is that he is better at holding the ball up and plays deeper than Cisse. We saw Pardew try using Sissoko behind Cisse to do this job and it wasn’t natural for him. Knowing Pardew he would get Gomis and play Cisse behind him.

• 31 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Gomis is a terrible CF tbh rather gameiro

I’m assuming jayk’s therapist forgot to turn up today

• 32 Marty-Toon // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Please let Gomis stay,
    He’s not even that great in the French league.
    He’d just be a long haired Heskey

• 33 I am a geordie // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:44 PM

We need a goal scorer and gomis certainly IS NOT that.
    Bony
    bent
    remy
    ideye
    gameiro

• 34 ToonMauritius // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Marty-Toon

“long haired Heskey” or a lazy version of Drogba

• 35 Indian Magpie // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Kinnear is a martyr for ashley

• 36 Indian Magpie // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Gomis is the only CF in france to score atleast 10 goals in last 6 seasons

• 37 John Tudor // Jul 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM

just get cordozo now

• 38 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Indian
    Because top CFs normally don’t stay in France for 6 years???

• 39 p // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:09 PM

The more time goes on, the more i think we will sign remi at the end of the window because there are no other options

• 40 Jamiemac // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:14 PM

2 sources on twitter claiming we’ve bid for Remy. One not particularly reliable though

• 41 Jamiemac // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM

€10.5m which seems a bit steep to me

• 42 I am a geordie // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM

What sources might they be
    i would welcome the man

• 43 toon kk // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:22 PM

We’ll probably wait to near the end of the window then panic buy, in the mean time we’ll be looking for a bargain that doesn’t exist.

• 44 p // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Remy is a decent player, attitude is a question mark for me.

There will need to be an insurance policy in case he is convicted of rape

Source is le sport 10 via gfn france but chronny says he has been offered to the toon and rejected

Just goes to show no one in the media knows

One for sure qpr likely need to offload him, he likely does not want to be in te championship and toon need a striker.

If anything he has proved his worth during his cameo in the prem but there is of course history and baggage

But toon and remy could be the only 2 left at the dance

• 45 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:24 PM

@GFN_France: Le 10 Sport (not particularly reliable) claim that Newcastle have made a 10.5 Million Euro bid for Loic Remy. #NUFC #QPR

• 46 I am a geordie // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Well i think we shud bite the bullet and get remy in.
    Also go sget tom ince .

• 47 Indian Magpie // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Jese Rodriguez, forward in the Madrid B team currently having great Under 20 World Cup (5 goals in 4 games)

• 48 corkypants85 // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:28 PM

i heard a rumour about two players i know absolutly nothing about im wondering if someone can.help me out
    matheaus apparently son of babetohe pkays for flamengo and leandro paredes of boca juniors

• 49 toon kk // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I would like to see us go for Remy but I don’t think MA would pay the wages he would want. We’ll struggle with our wage cap to get a top striker in.

• 50 jonny-intense // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I haven’t posted anything for a long time but thought I’d say my piece as my spirits have lifted a bit. I’ve been very annoyed by everything that has gone on recently and underwhelmed at the lack of activity transfer-wise. However, reading the interviews over the past couple of days has dragged me out of the doldrums. We really do have some quality in the squad and only need a few of the correct additions to be back up there.

I personally don’t want Bony, Gomis etc. I’d like a Remy type (although not particularly him) who is going to cut inside from the left. In all fairness, Santon would probably be ideal for that role. I’d actually like to see Bent come as well (I never thought I’d say that!), if he was cheap enough. He can score goals and our creative players would definitely find him. He’d be perfect back up for Cisse I think. Then we’ve got young Campbell who might be able to do a job with a bit more confidence.

Defence, we may need a RB if Raylor is crocked or Tav can’t step up. Midfield, we should be fine (especially if Vuckic gets a run and hits the heights he’s meant to). It’s literally just strikers for me. One up top for back up and one who primarily operates on the left. I think Gouf should have a go through the middle as well as he’d probably get some defenders scared with his pace and trickery.

A quick question, anyone going to Motherwell? Just got my tickets today. I’m living in Glasgow now so our pre-season (and hopefully Harper’s testimonial) are spot on for me!

• 51 jonny-intense // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Jesus, that was a long post. Apologies. It’s out my system now!

• 52 Indian Magpie // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Expand Reply Delete Favorite More
    Get French FootballGet French Football ?@GFN_France 1m
    FLASH: We understand talks between Loic Remy’s representatives and Newcastle occurred. Doesn’t mean anything, but it happened. #NUFC #QPR

• 53 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM

BBC Newcastle total sport
    Mick Lowes doing a where Newcsatle are with six weeks to go.

mmmm

• 54 p // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Yeah, 2 uglies who can not pull anyone else

• 55 Tsunki // Jul 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Not sure if I can comment without the word police (joe blog) shooting me down for using effective English. Here goes anyway…

Actually Jail, I must admit that I thought Ashley would learn from his mistakes, fair enough JFK sank that theory like a torpedo.

• 56 ToonDanno // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Close to signing Remy boys and girls, remember who told you days ago:) enjoy weekend!

• 57 Marty-Toon // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Charlie
    That ought to be interesting,either it’ll be very short because of the lack of things going on in the Transfer market or it’ll be very long with the lack of ambition from the owner,along with chat about JFK etc etc

• 58 Indian Magpie // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM

No chance of REMY, I tell ya no chance

• 59 Rooster // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Tsunki that bugga jailfor Ashley will be like a preening peacock at the moment, with his holyier than though attitude, might just need a rooster in there to shake him up a bit, only 5 days of the window are gon!!!!!, we all want players through the door, I believe we will get some, even if jail will be gutted if we do as he will have to go back in his pen, the very worst type of supporter is he, craving negativity, go and support man utd.

• 60 ToonDanno // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Indian magpie, how sure you? As sure as I am he is?

• 61 Indian Magpie // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Toon Danno

You wait and watch

• 62 JAMSHA // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM

indian nw ur on.pillz…

• 63 Indian Magpie // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Jammy

U wait and watch

• 64 ToonDanno // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Pleasure :)

• 65 p // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:10 PM

So danno are you guessing or are you jfk’s lady boy?

• 66 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Funny statistic from Mick Lowes from bookies.

Chelsea, Arsenal, ManUtd, Man City 100/1 ON to be in top 6 next season.
    Spurs 9/2 ON. Liverpool 4/1 ON

Then Everton 5/1
    followed by the TOON 9/1
    Then Southampton 14/1

Interesting!!!!!!

Liv

• 67 Toon1978 // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Lads, Loic Remy would be a quality piece of business but like an earlier poster said, it is his attitude that is a worry. Remember, this fella knocked back European Footy with us for money at QPR. We do need a striker though and maybe Loic is somewhere down the list lol.NUFC seem pretty adamant that they want him.

• 68 toon kk // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM

All these rumours about different signings are either wishful thinking or rubbish. We will never know who’s coming but don’t get to excited.

• 69 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Macken commentator – worried – to many players brought in that he knows nowt about and have not had Premiership experience.
    And if he is sacked where do they go cos all staff are Italian

mmmmm

• 70 jonobbad // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Belfast
    We would have ended up like portsmouth if it wasnt for ashley?
    Absolute BS.
    The only people who ever said this was from ashleys camp. Never proven.

one thing you cannot argue with is that we are in more debt now than when ashley took over.
    And no i dont care that they call it interest free because its not. His SD advertising is interest free.
    Ashley is a bell*** and i for one will be partying like its 1999 when he has f***ed off.

• 71 numba9 // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Chelsea will get a replacement in 4 ba before we even got near it bit like the ac sale. Ashley go please we don’t want your money you don’t use even what you have

• 72 PrinceMonkey // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I thought Remy had a release clause under £10m. I’m sure I read today it was £8.5m. I suppose it all depends where I read that….

• 73 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Total Sport
    Anderson and Mick Lowes reckon we need to strikers and they both would have Bent as one of the signings

• 74 lochinvar // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Only 5 and a half hours until Joe announces his stella Friday signing…as Diana Ross sang ” I’m still waiting ”
    TKI Friday ( Thanks Kinnear it’s Friday )

• 75 Mister Tuff // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Preening Peacock…………………………………………………….OUT
    Rooster shaking up Preening Peacock…………………….OUT
    Joking Joe……………………………………………………………….OUT
    Percy Parsnip…………………………………………………………..OUT

• 76 numba9 // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Future signings can see what a circus it is and how they are targeted as cheap values players not a confidence boost you might think of signing for a big club … Small time ambition Ashley ya skint and you have no respect bye cockney trash

• 77 toonking // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:40 PM

breaking new we are in talks with a Chinese striker

• 78 foggonridiculous // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM

toonking

Hoo Dat?

• 79 toonking // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM

that striker is
    ni wan

• 80 jazzyp // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM

evening guys nothing in the offing as regards to transfers I see.i thought jk promised us a signing today ????
    toondanno-you seem pretty sure of remy bud, personally I know hes turned us down and has the case hanging over him but if we could as some sort of clause in his contract I think it would be a quality signing.
    I know some of the toon supporters would not touch him with a barge pole, but in the right system remy would easily guarantee 15 goals a season even if played out wide in a 4-3-3 system

• 81 toonking // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM

basically a joke fen kinear signing
    still waiting for this super Friday signing.

• 82 jazzyp // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Hey Joe. Let’s begin.

You didn’t sign Tim Krul. You were not at Newcastle for two years. You did not do a good job at Newcastle (4 wins out of 25). We were not definitely going to avoid relegation if you stayed healthy (3 points from the drop zone). Yohan Kebab. Ben Afri. Anamobi. Those are not their names. On the day you cursed 54 times in 2 minutes at all those journalists, we had not just beaten Spurs 2-1. No Joe, You are not head and shoulders above all other Director’s of Football. You did not win manager of the year three times. No Joe, you don’t have Arsene Wenger on speed dial. Yes Joe, you were in fact sacked. Managing Luton does not register as an achievement. You did not play for Spurs 400 times. Spurs were not then nor are now “the best team in the world.” Alan Pardew may have been happy to have “a real football man” on board, but that man is certainly not you.

Hey Joe, you’re here because you’re the owner’s mate. That’s it. The only reason. You’re his mate. He hates us, we hate you. That’s how the puzzle fits together. There are no credentials. There is no CV. There is is, in fact, “a record that speaks for itself” though not in the way you imagine. So buckle up Joe. Get ready to have St James Park chanting against you every second week for the whole of the forthcoming season. A sensible man with a heart condition might decide that’s not the best place to be. Alas, Joe Kinnear is only one of those things.

So, on to the job title. Director of Football. Surely the vaguest and least understood of positions, at least in English football, where the manager is king. What on earth can Kinnear bring to the position? Lets bury my rage a moment and try to look at this objectively.

Alan Pardew made a lot of poor decisions last season. The Europa League excuse, which journalists so readily swallowed every week, wore out quickly with the people who actually watched the games and saw Pardew wasn’t using the same players. Newcastle got knocked out of both domestic cups instantaneously. The players didn’t actually play that many games at all as it happens. There were bad injuries and a baffling failure to strengthen in the summer bar Vurnon Anita from Ajax, who Pardew barely even used (despite the chronic fatigue the first team was apparently constantly suffering from). But the buck for a terrible season rests with the manager and most fans wanted something done.

In of itself, a director of football may not have been such a bad idea. Perhaps a Gerard Houllier, who could act as a go between to the French contingent of Ben Arfa, Cabaye et al and the manager. A continental director of football may have eased the doubts about the style of play held by some of the senior players and almost all the fans. Such a figure could have helped devise a plan to get the best from what is clearly a technically gifted if small group of players. Communication could have been improved. Cabaye was suffering from depression. Coloccini had personal problems. A good director of football could have provided an ear and took the pressure off the manager.

Communication. Subtlety. Working with technical players. Not Kinnear hallmarks you’d have to say. Instead of taking the pressure off Pardew, his appointment does the exact opposite. You’ll get short odds on Pardew being the first manager sacked next season. Kinnear once said he’d only take a Director of Football job as a way to get back into management.

As Jimi Hendrix once sang, Hey Joe. Where you going with that gun of yours?
    a letter sent in to jk

• 83 toonking // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM

it’s just a joke that I heard on the radio.

• 84 LGFUAD21 // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM

How pardew does not see how to utilise 4 more than able midfielders is beyond me. It’s simple

Tote in the holding role, Cabaye more advanced as a play maker (to be played like Steven gerrard) and sissokho as a box to box. Strong on the ball. Can make runs from deep just needs to be taught not to run into traps.

Add to that we have the passing of Anita which many underrate and pardew under utilised.

• 85 Yohan Kebab // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM

the enemy of my enemy is my friend, which is why we should appreciate pardew since we have a common enemy in kinnear :D

• 86 foggonridiculous // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM

toonking

…appreciate the attempt at bringing a smile to the blog…

I tried to join in with the Hoo Dat

…but Ni Wan was a better punchline. Cheers

• 87 Macas // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Kinnear didn’t promise a signing by today, in fact he wasn’t quoted at all. It was one of the local papers that said he was hoping to make a signing by Friday.

• 88 lesh // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM

jazzyp.

You’re right in that Kinnear said he’d have a striker by today.

That from a bloke who’s been screwed over by Wigan and sold them a good utility player for £700k.

He’s clearly out of touch with football today and hasn’t got a clue about market rates for players, has started his clearout and hoped to impress Ashley with a shrewd piece of buying.

He’s failed and Ashley’s problem now is how to get rid of him

• 89 jazzyp // Jul 5, 2013 at 6:59 PM

macas
    that signing was a 16 year old likened to alex song

• 90 jazzyp // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM

lesh
    ive never from day one seen what Kinnear can bring to nufc. he has brazenly walked in and pissed all staff and toon fans off alike.
    theres still plenty of time left in the transfer window as its only 5 days old but I prey that one of the employees of Newcastle is not on the payroll anymore-namely JK

• 91 Mister Tuff // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Chinese centre forward we are apparently interested in. Have not heard much about him though Foo Kin El.

• 92 AndyNUFC // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Does my head in reading this blog. We are so desperate we want to sign an alleged rapist.

This is going to be a very long summer.

• 93 foggonridiculous // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Mister Tuff

I’d rather have him than the other one I heard about;

Wan Ke Shite

• 94 Mister Tuff // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:13 PM

foggon – it’s a bit sad that we are short of football matters to talk/ get excited about and we resort to talk about Chinese centre forwards and alleged rapists. I wonder if similar things occur on other teams blogs. Sad state of affairs.

• 95 Jail for Ashley // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Rooster.
    You couldn’t be further from the truth if you think I am enjoying this degradation of our club and if you think that I would put my dislike of Mashleys reign ahead of my love of the club and it’s success then again you are well of the mark az I would love to see Ashley put his hand in his pocket and you obviously haven’t been reading this blog long enough if you think that I shy away when we are doing well.

• 96 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Also interested in Chinese Centre Half

Wong Long Pee

• 97 foggonridiculous // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Mister Tuff

….maybe it’s a bit sad. I prefer to think of it as a light-hearted break from some of the doom and gloom stuff

HWTL

• 98 PrinceMonkey // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I heard we’re after a direct replacement for demba BA – Wong kee ni

• 99 Mister Tuff // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM

foggon – fair point a bit of humour thrown in every now and again – keeps things ticking along. Been one or two good laughs on here.

• 100 Yohan Kebab // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM

i thought we were after remy’s chines mate?

Y U BUM YUNG

• 101 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Could add a few Geordies to the Chinese players

Wi I Man
    Ya Na Noo

• 102 Novocastrian66 // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Oh how I miss the ITK’s.

• 103 LGFUAD21 // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM

You’ll hate me for saying this but we need a partner for cisse.

Toivonen is the cheap option and well worth the value placed on him.

A good all rounder that’s can flit seamlessly between a forward and a cam.

Good range of passing. Can take people on when he wants. Good position strength (canny ability to jump on a loose ball like) and likes to make the right runs into the box.

People complain about bent but his record in the prem speaks for itself. It’s decent. My worry is that if he partners cisse it’ll be like Ba all over again. 2 poachers making the same runs.

On the other hand we play some of our best stuff when we have 2 up front preoccupying defenders.

It’s a shame the rest of our team doesn’t compliment this.

I’ve seen some discussions about bringing in another left back and using santon as a winger which I like.

Although I think that had taylor stayed fit, despite his lack off pace, he would have been a good partner to balance our left flank. Could sit back and allow santon to attack or deliver a lethal cross.

Either way we are an unbalanced team and need something on the right. We also need a pacey tricky striker of the Henry mold. Or a proper goal scoring number 10 ala van der vaart.

NOT 2 big guys.

If cisse can’t play. W know Shola, for what he lacks in goals works well with be playing off him simply for hold up and shuffling defences.

• 104 pizzicatochan // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM

hey u guys, I am a Chinese Geordie. u guys are terrible….

The player we are linked to is actually Wong Ga Suck.

• 105 fog on the tyne // Jul 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Been let down again boys it seems, really gonna stop posting the info i get, cos i really am beginging to look like a right royal tit.

• 106 TorqToon // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM

FOTT – what WAS the news you heard? That is now invalid? I missed your posts as not been about much today?

• 107 foggonridiculous // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM

In the interests of fair play we should not overlook other nationalities such as the European players;

Theo Lewayisup,

Georgios Meadrink

and the German player

Hans Downmeshorts

• 108 Galtierez // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM

He sais that Kinnear was going on holiday to Malta, but he is actually going to Guernsey. It was probably Kinnear telling him a lie.

• 109 fog on the tyne // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM

@Torq

Heard darren bent was due to sign as he was reportedly in the copthorne hotel last night, allso this tale of new owners coming in just doesnt seem to be going away. My source is normally well informed but has let me down lately, esp if i have opened my mouth on here.

• 110 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Lol, imagine if Kinnear went on holiday this summer! Would he ever be allowed back in the city?

• 111 TorqToon // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM

FOTT – Not sure there will be that many disappointed bloggers at that news mate!

Sometimes it’s just best to keep bits to yourself as in Football, anything can happen. You don’t strike me as somebody obsessed witg attention and acclaim, so if what you hear comes to fruition, yes, you won’t receive praise etc on this blog, but will know that he is reliable for next time when you ARE able to share.

Believe me mate – some can be pretty ruthless on this place at times. Although 98% are valuable people who bleed black and white.

• 112 Mister Tuff // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Joking aside I’ve heard that JK has flown to Shanghai to speak to the centre forward of Shanghai United -whose supposed to be a prolific goalscorer.
    I understand there have been one or two translation problems and JK thinks that the player is a bit reticent about moving abroad but this is not the case.
    I don’t know if you boys have heard anything about the player -he’s called Sum Ting Wong.

• 113 Novocastrian66 // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I mention ITK’s and Torq turns up. Any news the day mate or is it as quiet as it appears?

• 114 jazzyp // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM

torq-good evening pal.
    is there no news what so ever your end.they say patience is a virtue and that is indeed what we need as a nufc fan.
    transfer window is young and time aplenty but there just does not seem any positives to feed off for the hungry mass

• 115 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM

My god I can’t stand Andy Murray. Whines like a tart when he is losing and then loves it when he is winning. Not to mention he has a face like a smacked ar*e.

• 116 fog on the tyne // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:36 PM

@ torq

The guy is very reliable he told me santon, ben arfa, marveaux amongst others. It just at times i cant help my self as i just think 95% of lads on here, like my self, only have 1 passion in their life: NUFC. I do find there is a few who just wait to pounce on the likes of you and myself who do try to offer small insights of info, which we receive in good faith.

• 117 Novocastrian66 // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM

BPC. Andy Murray is a true competitor, he drives himself forward and motivates himself and digs deep when the game is seemingly slipping away. He is top class.

• 118 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:38 PM

@ novo

Never said he was a bad tennis player ;)

• 119 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Big Pappa – you mean like most people then? I like him, he doesn’t try to act up to some sort of media trained P.R sterility. He wants to win tennis matches and doesn’t seem to care for all the other extraneous rubbish.

• 120 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:44 PM

He might be a nice guy, he just has one of those faces :)

• 121 tom68 // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Fog on the Tyne & Torq

Just ignore any moaners lads. The little bits of information you give are most welcome to the majority on this blog. It’s all that is holding some of us together lads.
    Keep it coming please

• 122 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM

The rumours are generally good unless they are totally fabricated…..

…..Except the Darren Bent ones- they are really upsetting!!

• 123 pizzicatochan // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Mister Tuff and everyone: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wang_Shouting

• 124 ToonDanno // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Couldn’t be more certain. Remy in. Bent in aslong as we can offload shola. Shola stays then no bent!

• 125 AndyNUFC // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Fog on the tyne, how would your source let you down if you open up on here… does he check your internet postings and make sure our top secret signings aren’t exposed to our blog?

• 126 Elmanio // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM

FOTT

I was told today that no deal will happen with regard to Mike selling NUFC. He remains open to offers but for now he expects to continue with his ownership. He is off on his holidays next week !!

• 127 ToonDanno // Jul 5, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Just clarify mike Ashley is no where near close to selling the club. Will only sell if a big offer comes in which I’m sure most football owners would. So not worth talking aboyt

• 128 LGFUAD21 // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Agree with above itks are all too often full of the brown stuff but too many on here often forget why we come on here.

Even if it is bull it’s nice to discuss.

• 129 low fell mag // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Fog on the tyne @ Torq, keep up the good work, as the info you give out ,is far more intresting to read than all the negative broken records going on and on.
    The same crap ,Ashleys a fat prick , big Joe ia a w@nker ,we are going to get relegated,Yawn , Yawn.
    So please keep up with your info as I would have probably give up this blog a few month ago.

• 130 TorqToon // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Danno – how can you be so sure?! To be fair, I believe you called the new player at NUFC the night our new 16yr old rocked up.

So you seem to know what goes on with regards this club. Glad somebody does! JK seemingly doesn’t! :-)

• 131 jazzyp // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Kinnear on his hols next week, mashley away as well I see. looks like were going to have another stale week ahead-unless toondanno comes up trumps

• 132 Back Door Man // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Chinese player with one leg signed by the Toon to play on the leftwing – Wong San Shoo

That joke did the rounds when I was a boy in the 60s. For our slower viewers (and there appears to be loads here) a translation – One Sand Shoe. Get it? No? Well back in the day plimsoles were known as sand shoes. Plimsoles? What you youngsters now call Converse Allstars.

• 133 Mister Tuff // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM

pizzicatochan – whilst he is a midfielder – Wang Shouting has only scored two goals- Prolific centre forward needed.

• 134 low fell mag // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Does anybody know for sure that the Kone deal is off.
    The reason as according to other sites it is still alive and kicking.

• 135 Novocastrian66 // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Maybe the holidays are a smoke screen. Perhaps Ash and Joe are away together to sign a player. God what a sad deluded individual I am.

• 136 TorqToon // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Novo – Now you’re just being silly! Haha

• 137 Novocastrian66 // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Aye, barking.

• 138 ToonDanno // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Torq-Just say most people on here would love my job. Also joe isn’t having a family holiday . Some stuff the press write unfortunately tears us fans apart depending on whether you believe what you read. Although I know for fact some of it is Ashley being clever and keeping them off the scent (actual target)

• 139 Novocastrian66 // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Don’t think I’ve seen Murray serve so powerfully.

• 140 Novocastrian66 // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Hey Torq I was right.

• 141 jazzyp // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:28 PM

toondanno.
    generating a bit of excitement on the blog for a change.
    keep up the good work pal whatever the outcome

• 142 TorqToon // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Novo – Does that make you ITK, my friend? :-)

• 143 TorqToon // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Danno – so in your opinion, Remy is a done deal?!

More or less?!…

Nice to have somebody with seemingly genuine NUFC links.

• 144 Toon_Tom // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Remy taking the trip up this weekend so I’m told!!!

• 145 Novocastrian66 // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I’m a IT’D.

• 146 Novocastrian66 // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM

In The Dark.

• 147 jazzyp // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:39 PM

congrats to murray-wimledon final beckons

• 148 stuart no9 // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:49 PM

toon danno — are you actually a toon fan????

• 149 Ben3arfa // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:50 PM

F**k Joke In Ear

• 150 PrinceMonkey // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Haha @ novo ITD! Good un

• 151 aidytoon9 // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:52 PM

That would be decent forward options with cisse, remy, bent 3rd striker.
    Just need Siem de Jong and Sinclair/ince then me well happy.

• 152 Toon_Tom // Jul 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Danny – are we also getting Siem de Jong, Sinclair and Ince?

• 153 ToonDanno // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Torq very close yes

• 154 Rotonda heights // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I love the bits we get to hear from Torq, Proud and Elmanio etc. As others have said it keeps us going and I don’t think they deserve the unnecessary abuse they get.

I whinge and moan but only about Pardew mainly as hopefully JFK will only be short term.

• 155 Uncertain Toon // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:02 PM

So Pardew returns to work and Kinnear goes on holiday! Avoiding each other? And who has the brass neck to get a new job and then go on holiday after a pair of weeks! He really must be best pals with MA!

• 156 Bearsize // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:04 PM

A small passing thought for u all. Imagine shola is here until he is 40, he cant get any slower or less fit. Please shola look for a new challenge, its been fun laughing at your offsides and persistant fouling but now is the time mate.

Side note, Take shola to world cup, if we get to penalties bring him on at end of extra time because that lad knows how to score a spot kick! Boo yah!

• 157 ToonDanno // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Toon_tom-We enquired about ince but price was ridiculous So were out of the running, never in for Sinclair. We’re in talks with de Jong representatives but this is all on hold until Remy arrives.

• 158 bills-son // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Remy deal is off.

• 159 ToonDanno // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Bills-son really!?

• 160 Uncertain Toon // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:11 PM

100/1 for top 4 finish with StanJames, smash it in early fellas before the big signings arrive!!!!

• 161 Rotonda heights // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM

bills son

and you know because?? and thanks for that cheery input

• 162 AmericanMagpie // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Jozy Altidore to Sunderland. Horrible news for me. Can’t believe I have to watch him in those red stripes.

• 163 jazzyp // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:16 PM

uncertain toon.
    I like your optimism bud.
    on another note I fully appreciate all the guys on here sharing there info from whatever source they may have but itks have gone in to overnight tonight-to much sun for some me thinks

• 164 Levi // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Right lads. I havnt read any football news today so catch me up on who we signed? Haha. What’s the topic this evening then guys

• 165 Dulcinea // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I’m glad the Remy deal is off. I know a lot of us are getting anxious that we haven’t been active in the transfer market ( me too) while it seems all the teams around us are signing whole new teams, but don’t forget what that tosser Remy did to us. He chose to sleep in at a London hotel rather than bother to come see what we had to offer, instead he chose the bright lights of London and higer wages at QPR. I hope we stay well clear of that tosser Remy

• 166 bills-son // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM

My agent mate has told me Kinnear cancelled Remy deal – has lined up deals in Thailand. Kinnear and Ashley flying out tomorrow.

• 167 I am a geordie // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Danno.
    Exactly what job do u have .
    And god i hope ur right mate

• 168 jazzyp // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:21 PM

mashley and grotbags in Thailand doing a ladyboy eh !!!.
    what a vision to behold

• 169 jimmysmith // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I thought we only signed players with strong character nowadays, or has Joe coal boxed that nonsense as well.

• 170 stuart no9 // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:23 PM

breaking news- ash puts an audacious bid in of 90M to bring rooney to newcastle 25M signing on fee and 200k a week . who knows ???

• 171 jazzyp // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM

oh well I might as well join in-messi and Ronaldo in for a combined fee of £200 mill.
    (you heard it here first)

• 172 jimmysmith // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Actually, I have this nagging feeling that by hook or by crook, sleight of hand and smoke and mirrors we’ll end with the deeper more balanced squad we need. Although, it must be said, I also have a stronger feeling that I might just be a total f@cken mug.

• 173 jazzyp // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM

@172-you’ll probably end up the latter mate lol

• 174 Ben3arfa // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM

The only lady boy around here is Joe Kinnear that TWAT

• 175 Bearsize // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Chilli-fest tomorrow at delaval hall. Its gonna be boiling hot and i dont mean the sun lol. 4 quid a ticket, kids free was class last year!! Bed time now

• 176 manxpie // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:34 PM

wow

161Rotonda heights // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:15 PM

bills son

and you know because?? and thanks for that cheery input

bills thats gotta hurt? rotunda!! havin a go at YOUR post for how cheery it is :) Haha

• 177 stuart no9 // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM

jazzyp— is that right ? messi, ronaldo rooney ?? wow , the problem is though – would pards knoe where to play them ? maybe put rooney right back , messi on the wing , then he could play ronaldo as a DM wow what a team .!

• 178 Unbelievable Tekkers // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM

bills son- you better be taking the piss

• 179 bills-son // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Top Ting Tong Premier League player agrees terms.

• 180 jazzyp // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM

stuart no9.
    defo worth a season ticket-forgot to mention with the loose change in his back pocket bale’s on his way in as well

• 181 bills-son // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Nee Fkn Gud agrees terms – flys back with Ashley and Kinnear for press conference tomorrow.

4 goals in 247 appearances for Gan In Doon City. Three penalties in friendlies and one in off the ars.

Ashley happy with fee and wages.

• 182 stuart no9 // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:47 PM

jazzyp cant slag bale off mate – not a bad lad to have in the ranks if owt happened to krul !

• 183 bills-son // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Bhat Fre Kik seen as replacement for Cabaye.

Kinnear says “if you think Cabaye is sh1t at corner kicks wait until you see Bhat”.

• 184 Jail for Ashley // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:53 PM

bills,
    Is this you almost ready to throw the towel in on our not so illustrious leader, I swear I will not say I told you so when you do !

• 185 jimmysmith // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Yeah Bills, pull yourself together man!

• 186 bills-son // Jul 5, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Won Ke Nee to replace Shola.

Kinnear says “Shola can’t keep up his fantastic injury record so we’ve brought in Wonk. He’s younger, spends only seven months on the bench and his wages are a fraction of Shola’s”.

Mike Ashley in a rare interview said “Thanks a million Joe”.

• 187 bills-son // Jul 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Talks still on going for the next Ginola from the Ting Tong Prem.

Kinnear says “Fan Ee Chasa has all Ginola’s skills and more. If we can keep him away from the Bigg Market on the Friday before a game we’ll be quids in”.

Mile Ashley in a rare interview said “Thanks a million Joe”.

• 188 Toonabroad // Jul 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Going in for Kone was just to try and get villa to reduce the asking price of Bent, i think main targets and hopefully signed up within the next 2 weeks are Bent, Remy and Ilombe Mboyo

• 189 bills-son // Jul 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Kinnear says “we dont want too many French and Ting Tong Prem players in the team so I’ll be showing Mike I can get any any player by hijacking Carlton Cole’s move to Crystal Palace”.

Mike Ashley in a rare interview said “he can oay for the cnut himself”.

• 190 bills-son // Jul 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Jail – me throw in the towel?

Naw, I’ve hoyed in the laundry basket, Monday’s washing line and Mrs McGurgle’s knickers.

Mike Ashley in a rare interview said “what colour were Mrs McGurgle’s knickers”.

• 191 lesh // Jul 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Just heard that the Vatican have agreed that Joe Kinnear be beatified – Joe told me himself so it must be true.

And he was supposed to be going to Gibralter for his family holiday but the apes had to cancel due to a pressing arrangent that week!

• 192 MacToon // Jul 6, 2013 at 12:42 AM