The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Another Englishman Likely To Leave Newcastle

9:16 pm, Saturday, July 6th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 93 Comments

It looks like Newcastle’s Dan Gosling will soon be off to newly promoted Crystal Palace.

dan gosling atromitos

Dan Gosling - likely moving to Crystal Palace

It seems that a fee has been agreed with Palace for Gosling, who has one year left on the four-year deal he singed in 2010, but Dan has only played 26 times for the first team in the three seasons he has been on Tyneside.

Dan was expected to leave, whether in a permanent deal or on loan, and was probably one of the fringe players Joe Kinnear said was not good enough for Newcastle, but it’s also in Dan’s interest to get to a club where he can play regularly and resurrect his once promising career.

The news coming through on Sky Sports is that Dan has now agreed terms with the London club, so the next step is that he will take a medical and if all is OK, then he’ll become a Crystal Palace player.

If Dan does leave that will be the fourth Englishman to leave Newcastle this summer, and he joins Steve Harper, Danny Simpson (QPR) and James Perch (Wigan),  who have ended their association with Newcastle.

Dan joined Newcastle with a serious ACL knee injury form Everton in June, 2010,  and in his first season at Newcastle he played only once in a short sub appearances at Sunderland,  as some complications arose with his knee due to some scar tissue.

But the England U21 International has just never been able to make it into the Newcastle first team, and Dan even found it difficult to make the bench in the second half of last season,  once the five Frenchmen arrived in January.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Dan Gosling · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

93 responses so far ↓

• 1 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Noooooooooo we can’t lose gosling ffs this lad is the futureeeeaahhhhhhahahaha sorry all the best dan good luck but you’ve been a bigger waste of wages than Alan smith since promotion

• 2 Dannyo // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Feel sorry for Dan. Never got a run. Would be a goalscoring midfielder.
    Awful the times he’s been on, however, he did score against Man City.

• 3 Jail for Ashley // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM

tads,
    Look at my post on previous thread.
    On Gosling.
    Thank fusk for that if it happens and if it does how the fusk how has he managed to land himself another Premiership club.

• 4 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Worthing play palace on Saturday wonder if he gets a game?

• 5 Joe Blog // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Boo-hoo.

• 6 jazzyp // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM

all the best dg-shut the door on the way out !!!
    sorry but he never cut it at nufc

• 7 Belfast // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM

What’s the odds he goes to Palace stays fit all season and plays really well ?

It would just be our luck that like.

I don’t think he ever got a chance to be fair to him.
    Came in and played 1 game every so often then got injured & disappeared for a few months.

• 8 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Dannyo
    He never got a run because he couldn’t stay fit, even when he was injured heard this lad just couldn’t keep his weight down and seem to remember his agent saying he just couldn’t settle in the area

• 9 Jail for Ashley // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Dannyo,
    Where have you been for a while ?

• 10 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM

he should be the first English man to leave not the second perch might not be that good but he is good utility
    perch willo and Jonas are all what i would call good utility players because although they are poor starting players if we had an emergency they are very good.
    as for gosling well he is the second owen of this team.

• 11 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM

JFA
    Have a fair few mates who are palace fans, shows how much his stock has dropped as the best they can say is meh decent squad player for the bench….

• 12 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM

It’s terrible to think a man of his ability can trouser ££££ every week. I’ve worked since I was 17 early starts, nights all sorts. It’s pathetic that he probably get my years wage in a couple of weeks, it’s a funny old world.
    Still gonna have some rhubarb crumble to cheer me up with ice cream. Haha

• 13 Belfast // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Dannyo hangs out with all the cool kids on twatter now.

• 14 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Why should he have been given more chances when he never performed consistently in the second string and never performed when he played for the first team? Who should he have replaced?

Nah…his time has run it’s course. Time for him to move on. No grudges but, as always, I hope he doesn’t come back to bite us!

• 15 jazzyp // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM

toonking.
    Jonas would be another for me to be shipped out. again definitely not starting 11 but a good utility player from the bench

• 16 Rotonda heights // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Simpson gone
    Perch gone
    Gosling going?

Excellent stuff.

If we could shift Saylor (the geordie Bramble) for Remy
    and bring in N’Koulou I would forgive Ash and JFK everything

Even more amazing would be ditching Shola and getting Siem de Jong

• 17 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM

nice to see you back dannyo
    were you just keeping away knowing that the blog was going to be chaos the first few weeks into this joker came in?
    if it was you did the right thing mate.

• 18 Rotonda heights // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:36 PM

scout

rhubarb crumble now you’re talking

• 19 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM

They’re defiantly carving the wage bill up, gonna need another 5 or 6 in at this rate

• 20 Belfast // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I’d be happy to see the back of Williamson, Shola and Jonas.

Think we’ll have a problem getting rid of the latter two though.

• 21 WWYCD // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I recall when we signed him it was a great thing now due to injuries he is a shadow of his potential. Hope it goes well for him doesn’t seem a bad bloke

Seems to be a lot going out and little sign of anyone coming in

• 22 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Heights
    Home made by the good lady, need something to perk me up feeling really frustrated about the way the club is heading. I wanted the new shirt but there’s no chance I’m wearing a shirt with that sponsor on. I might buy it and cut it off

• 23 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Belfast
    Hmm not sure mate reckon a fair few teams would take jonas

• 24 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:41 PM

jazzy
    i got to admit it’s mainly because when we are not a European team decent players are very hard to keep happy if not a starter ie douglas would be demanding first team when we already have colo and mbiwa who are good enough for us. so we are then left to either give big wages or use utility plaer and i don’t think Ashley will ever pay big.
    perch Jonas willo and raylor are i think the best players you could ask for when in need of emergency
    ofcourse willo would be behind saylor
    raylor behind hadaira and saton and Jonas behind any other left wingers.

• 25 Dannyo // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:42 PM

@toonarmydownsouth
    I wasn’t aware of those issues tbh. I hear he was the slowest of all the first teamers in a sprint. That’s about it, lol.
    Will be interesting to see if someone else can make something of him.

• 26 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Scout
    I was so p1ssed about having a kit with wonga slapped all over, mainly because its a tacky logo!
    Not feeling as bad about it now I’ve seen Liverpools 3rd kit! F ck me that’s an ugly shirt

• 27 Jamseyd24 // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Good to see we are clearing out some dead wood. Lets just hope we replace it in the correct areas. Can anyone tell me where you are hearing about this swap deal with Taylor and Remy or has someone just dreamt it up??? And does anyone on here really belief we will get S Dejong???

• 28 Belfast // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Not on those wages tads.

• 29 Dannyo // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM

@Jail
    I mostly use twitter these days mate. I can select who what “posts” I want to read there, so I can exclude all the kids and constant doom mongering :P
    Biggest reason is I’ve recently switched workplace and manage about 80 people now, so it’s taking its toll, lol.
    Love doing it tho ;)

• 30 kajtoon // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Hope they bring in d kids let them have a decent run n earn there stripes save money on older washed up models

Clear d decks of dead wood….
    Money 4 nothing mite d chips 4 free….

• 31 Belfast // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM

He was a sought after player when we signed him like.

We’ll probably find out next season if he’s any good.

• 32 Dannyo // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM

@toonking
    Nah, not really because of that, but I think it’s good none the less mate, lol.
    Twitter isn’t much better tho, and I have to agree. Appointing Kinnear as DoF is a disaster.
    Losing Lambeezee? Not so much :P
    Would have DL over JK tho, but it’s about picking the lesser evil.

• 33 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM

TADS
    is the shirt you referring to
    black at the top half with a white and purple at the bottom half of the shirt

• 34 jazzyp // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM

toonking
    the problem with Jonas is that he is a shadow of his former self.his very first game against man utd, I thought what a signing but has since gone completely off the boil. apart from his work ethic he offers little to the team as do many fringe players

• 35 Dannyo // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM

@WWYCD
    There was about as much excitment about getting Gosling back as there was getting HBA.
    Look how that turned out, lol. “Like a new signing”.
    Rather “like a signing we never should’ve waste wages on”.

• 36 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Belfast
    Tbf I haven’t a clue what his wages are!
    I actually reckon would be awesome in serie A

• 37 Belfast // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Jamesy it came from sky sports news

• 38 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Any of you fella watching the boxing? Just wondered what time to turn the wireless on lol

• 39 jimmysmith // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM

the squad was too big for a straightforward premiership campaign after the Frenchmen came in. Simply clearing the decks. Can’t argue with any of the sales. They might sell two more before you would have to think, well now they have to replace sany further sales with better, if they’re not taking the piss.

• 40 Belfast // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Think he’s one of the highest paid players mate.

Can’t see any premiership club wanting him like.

• 41 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Toon king
    Yeah looks like someone’s made a kid drink paint then made them throw up over the shirt!!

Jazzy
    There were a few games last season where jonas looked like that player again, Chelsea at home and both legs vs benfica

• 42 WWYCD // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Dannyo
    I admit I had high hopes for Gosling eventually taking over from Nolan but alas was not meant to be. I don’t think Gosling or Perch need replacing though so no great loss. Ideally Simmo replacement as I don’t rate Tav

• 43 Dannyo // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM

@JimmySmith
    I have to agree, to an extent. I think we will be signing players, but don’t see a point in replacing those who are gone now.
    A couple of strikers is enough for me, and replacing any purples is a must.
    If we had Europa this season, then we would need to replace all who left and add 2-3.
    But we don’t, so our squad is good enough as it is. (Bar the two strikers)

• 44 Jamseyd24 // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Your talking about who will take Jonas I was thinking the same the other day about Shola and his Bro, dont think he is good enough.

• 45 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM

3 backup players going though…are we again going to rely on youth to step up to the first team?

I’m all for giving the youth team their chance if they’re good enough, but they bloody well better judge it right this time.

To first teamers needed upfront still. One more out and out striker, one more withdrawn. Other than that, we just need to make sure we have cover in positions like RB and GK. We’ve got 4 quality CMs…how many can he fit in?

• 46 jazzyp // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    I agree against benfica in the second leg especially he looked his old self.
    but take the mackem game in to consideration-the less said the better sir on that performance

• 47 Dondatta13 // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Whats going on first Gutti pops up driving an F1 car, now Ryan Taylors boxing on Prizefighter lol

• 48 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM

jazzy
    the main thing that is making me want to keep him this year is we know for sure raylor is going to be missing the full season if we can bring in another two wingers as well as more forward then he can go for sure because one thing i don’t want is for him to be starting next season too. also maybe next season we could start using ferguson more i don’t think he has had enough chances yet either.

• 49 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I meant “two first teamers”…

• 50 Dannyo // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM

@WWYCD
    I think you’re spot on.
    I envisaged Gosling as a Nolan type player. Positions himself great and scores a good amount of goals from midfield.
    Also agree with the fact that no replacements are needed. Plenty around who’s got another years worth of experience now.
    No need to replace Simmo either imo.
    Let Santon and Debuchy handle that, if Debuchy can’t play.
    Haidara, Fergy and Dummet to backup the left hand side.

Shouldn’t be an issue.

• 51 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM

TDS
    We do have some quality midfielders mate, but all seem suited to a deeper or box to box role, a good CAM imo is needed, hopefully De Jong
    Also need width, a LW should be priority, frees goofy up as a CF then if we only bring one CF in its not the end of the world

• 52 lesh // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Dannyo, now you’ve got a bit responsibility managing 80 people, you might just appreciate what our DoF’s taken on.

Are your efforts appreciated by your ungrateful employees and colleagues?

Now you might see why Joe needs a rest!

• 53 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Jazzy
    Very true, but the same could be said about the rest of the lads tbf!

• 54 Dannyo // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:01 PM

@ToonDarnSarf
    I think some things you have to gamble on.
    If we went with a safe decision every time, none would excel from the youth group.
    Last year we were a small squad as it was. And playing so many youngsters at once was disastrous. I think we have a chance of sorting that this time.
    Plus there’s an added year of experience for all of em.

• 55 jimmysmith // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I think we need at least one top striker and at least one top winger and hold onto our top players to have much hope of top 6, but even if we didn’t, anyone one or two of Obertan, Willo, Abeid, Tav, maybe one or two others could get shipped.

• 56 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Big meeting training ground this morning followed by double training session.
    tomorrow players in for another double training session.

someones been naughty and ate to many pies

• 57 Dannyo // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM

@lesh
    I appricate the position of a DoF, and I welcome it.
    I just think Kinnear is a walking PR disaster, and one who will continue alienating the fans like DL has done, but in a different manner entirely.
    The position of a Dof is to releave the manager of much of the communication with the fans, add expertise to decision on footballing matters.
    For example; Investigate why we have so many hamstring injuries.
    What can we do to improve training regimes? What is missing within the coaches and how do we fix it?
    Etc etc.

• 58 pawl250 // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM

WWYCD – Dannyo

I concur, in retrospect to has left to who has come in since this time last year – only main players not youth etc or likes of Xisco and Smith who are beyond fringe players.

Out

Mbiwa
    Haidara
    Anita
    Bigirmana
    Sissoko
    Gouffran

Only major loss that has needed and still needs replaced is Ba for me.

Harper – look to youth according to GK coach Alnwick is ready.

Simpson – Debuchy, Santon moving acorss and Haidara taking left back role, Ryan Taylor (expect to be shifted soon I assume), Anita? And the youth likes of Tavernier.

Perch – Replaced with both Mbiwa in defence and Sissoko and Bigirmana in the midfield role.

Gosling – Replaced with Sissoko and Bigirmana again; I feel we could use a De Jong though to replace fully the type of attacking midfielder he is.

Best – Gouffran, although not the same type of player, Best did adopt the winger role later in the season.

Ba – Not replaced, someone needs to come in to get the goals again. Possibly get someone who is versatile and play on the wing also. Am thinking Remy would be ideal.

I forsee a stronger team this year than last of course ins and outs still can happen. So need to wait till window closes to make a full judgment.

• 59 Dannyo // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM

@Charlie in the gallowgate
    HBA looked lean and mean this time around tho.

• 60 jazzyp // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM

at present I only see santon as our best left sided offensive player. Looks quality going forward but tactically inept at the back.
    hadaira I think in time will make a more naturally gifted left back

• 61 DevonToon // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Just a quick comment b4 i shoot out. gosling will come good at palace, after a run of games he will look like the player we robbed of everton… A decent player!

• 62 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Dannyo
    Mustn’t of been HBA that ate the pies.

• 63 Dannyo // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:15 PM

@pawl250
    Good assesment
    Say we shift Willo as well. There you’ve got Streete and Mbabu coming through. One year too soon maybe? Streete is almost as big as Willo now. Physically ready. Mentally tho?
    Ideally, if we’re moving out Abeid and Gosling in addition to Perch, I’d want a CM in in the Haidara mold. Young, but can do a job and is happy to wait for his chance.
    Up top I want two strikers. I don’t rate Shola anymore, at all. I didn’t much before, but now, nothing.
    I also imagine Adam will have this year on loan.

• 64 jimmysmith // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Two players of the calibre of De Jong and Remy, although I have misgivings about the latter and this team would be a force and significantly better at least on paper than the squad that finished 5th.

and really there is little excuse at all not to go and get them with the extra money on offer this season and cash available to spend.

I expect two top signings and if we don’t get them I’ll put it down to incompetence or sheer obdurate contrariness from the owner.

• 65 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM

pawl
    well thought out their
    the team’s probably just 1 out and out striker and 1 secondry forward who’s main role who be on the wing.

GK 1st krul cover well we have always been very good
    RB debuchy cover santon
    CB colo mbiwa cover saylor then willo or a youngster
    LB hadaira cover santon or if needed mbiwa or Jonas
    CM cabaye tiote/sissoko cover anita sissoko/ tiote
    CAM HBA cover marvo
    LW goufran cover a new forward
    RW marvo a new winger
    S cisse

starting 11
    _____GK
    RB__CB__CB__LB
    ___CM___CM
    ______CAM____
    RW____S_____LW

• 66 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM

TADS

I pretty much agree. We need two signings in the forward area, I know that much. Exactly what positions depends on the formation(s) that Pardew has is mind for next season. Cabaye, Sissoko and Ben Arfa have all played that number 10 role in the past but I don’t think any of them are best suited to it.

• 67 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Has anyone ever heard Mike Ashley talk?

• 68 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Dannyo

But they need to make better decisions this time. Sure, Pardew wanted to strengthen (doesn’t every manager), but they made the call that they were good enough and they weren’t.

As far as we know, that’s why Llambias has gone. And it shouldn’t have been his decision either, what does he know about judging youth players? Honestly, I think JFK is a loud mouth idiot, but I’d still rather have him judging our youth players’ readiness than Llambias.

• 69 jimmysmith // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Ashley has done well out of the club and now stands to gain even greater returns while righting the ship financially and putting together a decent squad of players. I would have liked him to have spent a little more on transfers and in a more timely manner in the past and I haven’t understood the need at all for a few provocative decisions. Even so, we are well placed to kick on. I know he’s a businessman, but owning a football club comes with moral and ethical obligations to the fans and wider community. It’s time for him to start giving back more on and off the pitch.

• 70 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM

TDS
    And for me there is where the problems will lie this summer
    JFK in charge of transfers
    AP on charge of tactics
    Do they have a plan? Have they discussed targets and priority positions?
    Because at the moment it all feels like a bit of a blag tbh

• 71 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM

TDS
    if HBA is not well suited to number 10 what do you think we should play him at?
    when he was on the wing all he seemed to do last year was run into the centre and try dribbling through.
    when i see the amount of post saying player were out of position they all had 1 thing in common they were all used on the wing. i tihink it’s because we have not true wingers sissoko cisse HBA ba and marvo were on the wings.
    the sort of way i would see best for HBA is if he was ready and waiting in the centre just outside the box for a pass that come from the width because the defenders might be more confused knowing their is also the risk of cisse.

• 72 Galtierez // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Lot of folks missing the point we now have lost 4 home growns and 8 is the minimum.

Out
    Gosling, Perch, Harper, Simpson

Left

Williamson, Krul, Elliot, S. Taylor, R.Taylor, Shola, Sammy, Bigi, Fergie, Newton, Inman, Alnwick, Dummett.
    Of these Willo, Shola look like they will be sold. Ryan will not get a squad number due to injury.
    Sammy, Fergie, Newton, Inman and Dummet are to go on loan. That will leave——-

Krul, Elliot, Bigi, S. Taylor and Alnwick. Bigi and Alnwick are under the age criteria anyway. What it means is that we need to sign home growns. The usual stupid way we do it is to sell first and panic later. I am worried. They will be held to ransom as clubs will see this flaw before we do and add money on. Ran by absolute amateurs.

• 73 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I hope he’ll get his once promising career back on track; it’s a serious injury to recover from and it is really difficult go get back on track (especially if you don’t get playing time)

On another note I hope we put in a sell-on clause like most PL clubs do when they sell a promising player to a Championship club.

Look at Ince at Blackpool – he has a 35% sell-on clause in his contract hence why Blackpool are trying to get over the odds for him (way over the mark if you ask me)

• 74 jimmysmith // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Players who are home grown, no longer fit the criteria if they are sent out on loan?

• 75 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Toon king
    Don’t think it can be said that playing benny on the wing is playing him out of position, he’s played there his whole career
    Personally think he lacks the discipline to play a number 10 and is far too greedy on the ball to play there, he can do the flair but can’t do the simple things
    Amazing yet frustrating

• 76 toontillidie // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:10 PM

WTF 2 players out no one in kinda reminds me of the summer transfer window last year we are in for a rough ride fellow toon fans looks like ashley is lining his pockets again

• 77 jimmysmith // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I think a few of these kids will be expected to play a more significant role as squad players this season. Guys like Fergie, Sammi, Vuckic, Tavernia, Drummet and his mate, perhaps even Goode and Inman will be required to do a job when called upon by the first team and judged in a more unforgiving manner.

I hope so anyway.

• 78 Dondatta13 // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM

jimmysmith…. & Campbell

• 79 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM

TADS
    that is a good way of putting it like i can remember a lot of times myself last year were he was showing off instead of passing.
    when he is used as a winger that itself doesn’t make things any easy because the problem with that is he never give much support to the FB with defending so what have to do then is get more help from CDM’s
    he might have some good skills but it’s like you say he is too greedy and lacks discipline which i think we both would say is not what we expect from a play who is good.
    but heavens knows how much anger pardew would suffer from fans if he was dropped.

• 80 Warwick Hunt // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Totally of topic and even of the same sport but does any one have a link to highlights or full game of todays final lions test v Australia?

• 81 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Toon king
    Pards would be hung drawn and quartered!

Jimmy
    Tbf players like Fergie, Sammi, Vuckic, Tavernier perhaps aren’t considered youngsters anymore?
    Make or break season for a few tbf
    Vuckic must only have a year or do on his contract, same for fergie

• 82 jimmysmith // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I think Campbell should go out on loan for a full season to a Championship club and if he does well, bring him into the first team fold and give him significant game time ideally the following season.

• 83 jimmysmith // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I agree, these players are either useful to the first team now or should be moved on.

• 84 Rooster // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Jinky, AP has said Campbell wont go out on loan, he is mightly impressed with the lad, I myself having watched him all his career am impressed as well, we all know he is not the biggest but hes a scud missile, believe me leaves them all for dead at the toon, great temperament and cool under pressure, really looking forward to him getting more playing time.

• 85 jimmysmith // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:37 PM

If I was Fergie or Tavs, I might even be looking for a move to further my career.

• 86 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:40 PM

the way we hand our youngsters is probably another thing that can be added to why we are run so bad
    when we are not a European team the best way to bring up our youth is probably through playing them as subs.
    that doesn’t mean they get used every game the sort of games i would bring them on are once we are 2-0 up.
    the thing about loaning them out is usually they won’t get much starting time still unless they go a division down or we loaned them to a promoted premier league team.

• 87 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:41 PM

handle*

• 88 jimmysmith // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Yeah, I just worry about good players being blooded too early and suffering as a result, but it is certainly true it seems to me that if a player is truly legit you can chuck him in, and he’ll swim.

• 89 NUFCarter // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Choose black and white!

• 90 Mister Tuff // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Looks like Percy has read the riot act to the players today – apparently told them all they had let everyone down last season and he would not tolerate it again.
    Wow was not expecting that.

• 91 NUFCarter // Jul 6, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Has anyone seen Sunderlands away kit. God its ugly as well as villas, hulls and Stokes let alone Liverpools.

• 92 pawl250 // Jul 7, 2013 at 12:40 AM

It would be worthy to mention “homegrown” is a player that under the age of 21 has been registered with the FA for 3 years so

Krul
    Vuckic
    Gosling for time being!
    Sammy
    Shola
    Campbell

• 93 toonluvva // Jul 7, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Gosling came injured and never really got a chance to prove himself at NUFC IMO.

I hope he has a great time at Palace, always excepting any matches against us, and has a long and rewarding career.

On another note, I thought JoKe was still on his jollies so who gave the green light to this?

previous post: This Slovenian Striker Could Be Good Buy For Newcastle