The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Slovenian Striker Could Be Good Buy For Newcastle

7:22 pm, Saturday, July 6th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 104 Comments

Tim Matavž is a 24 year-old Slovenian International striker, who has played two years at PSV and has scored 40 goals in 80 appearances for the Dutch giants in the Eredivisie.

Tim Matavz

Tim Matavž – 24 year-old Slovenian International striker

With a number of our striker target having been signed elsewhere, or being pursued by big clubs, we turn our attention to potential other strikers Newcastle may be interested in this summer.

This is another in our series of  looking at some young players who could be good acquisitions for Newcastle now,  or in the future.

Tim was born in Šempeter pri Gorici in the old Yugoslavia, and started his career with  Gorica at the age of six,  and then moved to Gorica in 2004.

In 2007 at the age of 18, he signed a five-year deal at Dutch Club FC Groningen, and he played for them 104 times with 49 goals,  and while on loan at FC Emmen in 2008-2009, he scored 5 goals in 16 appearances.

In 2011 a number of top clubs were after the right-footed striker, including Napoli, but he was finally signed by PSV Eindhoven in August of 2011,  and (as we have said)  the 6’2″ striker has since scored 40 goals in 80 appearances for PSV, including 20 in 38 appearances last season.

Tim played for the Slovenian U19 and U21 sides and has 23 full caps with the full Slovenian side with 10 goals, after he made his debut back in 2009, when he was 20.

Tim speaks fluent English, Italian and Dutch – what – no French?

Not sure how much this lad would cost, but on the web-site transfermarket.co.uk,  he is valued at around £5.3M, and Newcastle can afford that fee – can’t we?

Certainly his record is one of a natural goalscorer, and in 236 total appearances he has scored 108 goals, and we know that Graham Carr has been looking at the Eredivisie, so we wonder if this lad may be on the radar screen for Newcastle this summer?

Here’s some video of the player.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

104 responses so far ↓

• 1 Barras // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Does anyone have any news on Siem de Jong please?

• 2 TorqToon // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Barras – Moved a step closer with siem mate.

Ajax have already signed his replacement!

• 3 Belfast // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:29 PM

At the moment our small squad seems to be getting smaller and smaller.

• 4 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Siem’s joing his brother at Moenchengladbach.

• 5 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Toonarmydownsouth
    0 mins ago
    Soooooooo
    Today’s transfer deals/rumours for the toon
    Gosling to palace (will tubby pass a medical )
    QPR want Taylor plus small amount for remy
    NUFC will target n’kalou as his replacement
    NUFC are actively looking to move on any player with 1 year or less left on there contract
    Anyone know who’s in the last year of there contracts? Shola? Willo? Stevie Taylor?

• 6 Indian Magpie // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Torq

You mean we have moved a step closer

• 7 Barras // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM

@TorqToon

A smile just broke out after reading that message bud. Thank you.

Do you know whether we have only enquired about him, or whether we have actually put in a bid?

• 8 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Torq
    Would be amazed if JFK could pull of a window that saw N’kalou remy and De Jong come to the club

• 9 TorqToon // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Barras – I dont know anything 100% mate. But from what I’ve heard, we have offered a very package to Ajax and its just a case of crossing the T’s and dotting the i’s.

He is EXACTLY the type of player we need. Captained Ajax last year and a very creative and exciting player.

Will be move our butts quick enough for him?! I bloody hope so!! :-)

• 10 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM

@Joey7Barton: Absolutely mental this… http://t.co/GjyLKNQTYL

WTF!!!!

• 11 TorqToon // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM

TADS – you and me both mate!

Whilst I’m sure he will take the acclaim, I doubt it would have much to do with him! :-)

Remy, N’koulou and De Jong…!

Yeah not bad at all…!

• 12 TorqToon // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM

TADS – Saw that earlier today! A great shout for the world cup hey!?!

Well done FIFA!

• 13 Indian Magpie // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM

TADS

didn’t taylor a 51/2 year deal when pardew took charge?

• 14 WWYCD // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Torq
    U heard anything on Gameiro? Our bromance is on the rocks after the PEA affair so u best tread carefully

• 15 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Torq
    The big problems will start when he enquires about ronnie nocampbells and the bong

• 16 Barras // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:38 PM

@Torqtoon

Don’t worry man, I have spoken to you previously, and I have always tried to make it clear that I do not hold you to anything.

As a consequence of the way the club is managed it is almost impossible for anyone to “know anything 100%”.

I am excited about this potential transfer. Aubameyang was my number 1 choice, but Siem is a little more than just a plan B.

• 17 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:38 PM

repost
    dazy it’s idiot like you who actually hold us back
    does a child do A level maths right away?
    did people say andy murrey was a rubbish tennis play after not winning a grand slam right away
    is kevin keegan a rubbish manager for throwing away a 12 point lead he had mid season
    were city happy with Roberto leaving last year
    does arsenal fans want wenger sacked
    have Liverpool did any better with Rodgers than they did with daglish.

everything in life takes time and basically every manager is as bad as each other if you want to win a trophy because they are all stupid and player weakened team even morino rafa laudrup will do no different what a managers main aim with any team outside the big 6 is to basically remain in the premier league.
    top 4 is Chelsea Manchester united city arsenal spurs and maybe Liverpool
    but the rest is nothing more that just a little bit extra money so most owners don’t care who is manager they want survival that is a FACT because you see every year managers near to the bottom get the sack and very few teams playing any strength in cups incase they do a wigan.

• 18 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Indian
    Don’t think so mate he might of done but the last contract I remember him signing was the start of the relegation season I think?

• 19 Indian Magpie // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM

TADS

confirmed: taylor contracted till 2016

• 20 TorqToon // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Yo – Don’t leave me this way!!! :-)

Ummm gameiro – Not heard anything mate!

I’d imagine he would crave a move, however would PSG sell at a sensible price?! I doubt it.

• 21 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:41 PM

YO
    I’d imagine with cavani heading to PSG (apparantley) then they will look to move him on, suppose it depends if we’re still intrested
    I’d love to see us go all out and try for dzeko who wants out but we’d never get the lad, would be great though!

• 22 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Indian
    Just checked aye he signe a 5 yr contract in 2010

• 23 JP...from The Rock // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Great prospect. Ed this is the type of striker we need. I swear if I see Strolla freakin Ameobi playing for us again I will flip!

• 24 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:46 PM

correction
    win a trophy right away*

• 25 WWYCD // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Torq
    Haha fair one mate just rumours going round if us putting in a bid thought u may have more knowledge than I

toonarmydownsouth
    Isn’t Dzeko on 100,000+k per week? Tbh Gameiro and Remy I’d stay striker options sorted maybe winger as well

• 26 daztoon // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Toonking
    What planet you on another stupid post.Come on tell me why you need speed to play a passing game in all your wisdom.Do you not think passing the ball and just moving into space to receive it is enough you have got to have players with speed to do this

• 27 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Yo
    Yeah we’d be there with them two, Campbell on loan
    Would just love to see dzeko here, reckon he’d actually fit quiet well!

• 28 ronjohno // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Ed you really are a trier and I really do like this site .

If Juccaneer had not heard of Douglas then I bet he sure as hell has never heard of your suggested targets.

It beggars belief that he has been appointed (maybe if he had kept quiet might just have helped.) but now on holiday so we must assume nothing happens until he returns!!!

• 29 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:54 PM

torq
    what I have just seem from you post 154

“Unbacked managers until it matters, inept structure and planning.

There is a filtering process and the man behind it all is hiding in the shadows. It’s no good”

we aim the blame at pardew which is just what the cockney bstard want
    he will see that a chance for not needing any more players as we have good ones already which the manager made bad
    he can also avoid Europe knowing he will have to spend and againlet the manager take the blame.
    all he does is sit back and relax

• 30 Toon1978 // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I know it’s nothing concrete as yet but i must admit i am not to happy with Taylor going to QPR in exchange for Remy. We are swapping a bloody mercenary for a passionate geordie who loves the club. Remember, Remy knocked us back and Europe for money hence the reason other clubs are wary. No thank you for me but i would like to see us take the lad without losing Taylor. Yes, we will still have a mercenary but we still have S.Taylor. As for Sein De Jong……yes please lol.

• 31 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Swapping a two bob centre half for a quality striker. Sounds a fair one to me chaps

• 32 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:01 PM

what a surprise yet another comment you make just goes against mine without explaining any reason

so you telling me players stand about like statues is the best way to pass it about.
    every week when they were reflecting on goals that were scored by teams they would point out that a certain player was in a good bit of space ready for the pass and the best way you get that is good movement not having cisse stand about and hba run around players himself.

just admit you respect ashleys way of running the club and that he has spent money on decent player which you accuse pardew of playing badly.

people DAZTOON IS A FAN OF ASHLEY.

• 33 Toon1978 // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Scout

Obviously you don’t rate S.Taylor as i do lol. I think he ia a good defender and is passionate about the club. He does daft things at times i must admit.

• 34 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Can you buy the new shirt without the sponsor on it??

• 35 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Toon 1978
    Passionate Geordie? Don’t kid yourself mate I seem to remember this passionate Geordie trying to hold the club to ransom over a new contract then having to climb down from his very high horse when the club said ok f ck ya your transfer listed
    Don’t kid yourself that he wouldn’t go somewhere for extra money or use intrest to get himself a better deal from the club

• 36 WWYCD // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:04 PM

toonarmydownsouth
    Yeah wont happen but sounds good doesn’t it haha. I agree Dzeko would do well for us but I don’t see it ever happening

• 37 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Look how many goals we conceded, he’s terrible IMO.
    He’s also a million mile from an England call up and let’s be honest our defenders are no great shakes

• 38 Toon1978 // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:06 PM

toonarmydownsouth

I forgot about that lol. I think he was strongly linked with Everton at the time.

• 39 Belfast // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:06 PM

There’s no way Taylor’s going to agree to go there.
    Unless they pay him crazy money.

• 40 daztoon // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Toonking
    Again your absolutely wrong I have stayed away from st James park and everything Ashley has his fingers in since the slimy toad showed his true colours over KK.Ive supported the Toon over 30 years and seen enough tripe through the years but this is a new level.
    You posted that it takes speed to play a passing,skilful style and I have asked you to explain why and you still haven’t.Try reading

• 41 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Think we should play this team

Krul
    Dubuchy colo Yanga Hidara
    Tiote
    Benny cabaye sissoko santon
    Cisse

If prefer 442 when Remy signs

• 42 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM

scout when it comes to defending it must be hard to think of any time in the premier league when we have had a good defence.
    we are usually associated to being a team with a very decent GK stuck with an awful defence.

• 43 TorqToon // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Daz – I think the very FIRST thing I was taught when I first started playing was

“A kicked ball moves faster than a running player”

Hence the emphasis on a good passing game! I played central midfield, was never blessed with pace nut my passing game was decent!

Just shows that pacey players aren’t integral in a good passing football team.

• 44 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Toon1978
    Yeah think your right mate, at the end of the day in football playing at your boyhood club is a bonus but it always comes down to the money!!
    Can’t blame them tbf, especially lads like tayls who are so injury prone you just don’t know how long there career will be!

• 45 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Tiote infront of the back 4, he’s drifted wide there on my team sheet, ill book him at halftime

• 46 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Toonking
    Very true sir, although the best defender I’ve seen for Newcastle in my life was without doubt woodgate, was superb.
    Anyone remember that helder big barrel chest on him?

• 47 daztoon // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Torq
    My point exactly I was answering Toonking who was stating we need quick players to play that way.

• 48 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Pardew should ask the big man for 20 million and say if we don’t get top 10 ill rip up the long contract. Now that would be interesting

• 49 TorqToon // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Daz – yeah I gather there was a difference in opinion between you fellas.

Have to say, I’m with you on this point.

• 50 Douglas // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I live in Holland. Seen this guy. Very second rate.

• 51 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I am not saying every player need to have speed but one thing is for sure the premier league is a very fast paced league so you can’t have a player on the ball for too long which was just what happened to HBA and by the time he made a pass forward what happened cisse would be offside
    also if we having to use the FB to get forward the last thing you want is slow player on the wing

you can be very slow but the fast you run the easier it is to collect the ball and the harder it will be fore defender to get you offside.
    if you don’t have very fast forward then it would be best to just do crosses.

• 52 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Triangles, not pass and just stand there like we were doing last season I’ve seen better movement in a home for the elderly.
    What about dirk who was at Liverpool, that lad is a grafter I can tell ya runs himself into the ground and knows where the net is

• 53 daztoon // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM

@toonking
    In fact if you look back @69 previous thread you will see I ain’t no Ashley fan you tool

• 54 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM

19.22 BST: Newcastle United’s Dan Gosling has now agreed terms over a move to Premier League new boys Crystal Palace. However, ESPN has been told the two clubs have yet to agree a fee for the player.

• 55 Toon1978 // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Scout

100% agree regarding Woody.One of the best CB in Europe when he was at Nufc. I was gutted when we sold him to Real Madrid.

• 56 HullMag6 // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Taylor still thinks hes got a chance of an international appearance or two if he went to qpr he might as well kiss that ambition goodbye.

To go
    Willo yes saylor no

I’d be happier if gamerio was an option im now open minded re Remy but the lad from psv looks decent but has Carr seen him? Thats the measure.

• 57 yo-yo // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Quick can mean quick thinking as well as fast over the ground.
    Fast passing doesn’t just mean fast sprinting – it need passes deliverd at the right pace as well as accuracy and movement into space requires quick thinking as much as running.

The Stevie T rumour might just have legs as Samba’s on his bike.

• 58 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Scout agree mate woodgate was immense, shame the lad struggled so much with injuries would of been world class

• 59 daztoon // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Cheers Torq by the way is de Jong going to happen or is it just speculation on twitter

• 60 Belfast // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Think Pardew knows about as much as me and you about who’s coming and going lol

Are we going to replace these fringe players ??
    Perch, Simpson, Gosling etc

I think we’ll probably hear that old line, how the younger players are going to make the step up this season.

• 61 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Hull mag
    Taylor won’t have a chance in hell of getting a call up whilst at the toon, they never pick from the north and with a full pre season under his belt anyone who’s see mbiwa play for Montpellier will tell you he will not only be gunning for Taylor he will steamroll him out the starting 11

• 62 daztoon // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Yo-yo
    Of course but he was stating players saying we only had Obertan who was quick.Beardsley was not the quickest ie running but he was like lighting in the mind.

• 63 scout // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Saw woodgate keep so many top players out of the game. He was as you say immense. Top bloke as well

• 64 Belfast // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:30 PM

If we actually do sign Remy. It proves once and for all that Lee Ryder knows ferk all lol

• 65 TorqToon // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM

TADS – Re your words on Yanga…

Completely agree!! Taylor doesn’t stand a hope in chance!

Daz – I wouldnt be at all surprised to see him in the black and white mate! He would suit it well!

• 66 Dannyo // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Feels like transfer dealings are picking up at the NUFC camp. Maybe a signing next week?
    I’d bet on it if I could.

• 67 daztoon // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:33 PM

England have also suffered with Woodgate he would have been first choice for CB the lad reads the game so well.

• 68 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:34 PM

well if your no Ashley fan and feel he is not doing enough to improve the squad then it’s no wonder pardew struggles to get a team going. my advice to you is watch how England did under cappello who had such a good record as club manager.
    as for the players if they are so good then why did they not perform very well and just ignore what pardew was saying.
    demba ba last season did just that and so he got what he wanted and that was a move
    a manager picks the players and the formation but when the match kicks off it is then up to the player how they do so if they were so unhappy with pardew they could so easily have did what owen did which was just keep himself uninjured or they could have did another ba who showed his skill just for the chance to get a move or even try a rooney and hand in transfer requests.

• 69 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Torq
    Since we were linked with him last summer ( when we should of bought him ) I went out my way to download streams of his games from the previous season and watched him when ever I could in the champions league
    Taylor has no chance imo
    You don’t pay what we paid for this lad to have him warm the bench, he was Montpellier captain and players like him are the future of this club
    Sorry tayls!

• 70 TorqToon // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:40 PM

TADS – he is an outstanding prospect and we are very fortunate to have him!

• 71 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:40 PM

@TransferNewsCen: OFFICIAL: Malaga’s Jeremy Toulalan has joined AS Monaco on a three-year deal.

Wow this mob are going for a record!!!!

• 72 Dannyo // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:41 PM

@toonarmydownsouth
    14th signing.

• 73 jazzyp // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:42 PM

can you remember taylor’s handball against villa-looked like he’d been shot by a sniper.
    I cant believe you lot would give up our very own frank spencer

• 74 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Dannyo
    It’s mental!!! There like a French QPR!!!!

Not as mental as this tho
    @TransferSources: FACT: Nicolas Anelka is the 2nd most expensive player in football history, with a total fee of £118 million.

• 75 daztoon // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Torq
    For sure mate we need that link from midfield to attack.Cheers for that info.
    Toonking
    Ashley fan I ain’t and yes he let Pardew down but Pardew has been found wanting for me this season big style.
    He has the option to change things during the matches if plan A ain’t working but his plan B is Shola.
    We will have to just agree to disagree regarding Pardew I don’t and never have rated him

• 76 HullMag6 // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM

You would think so wouldn’t you re Yanga/Saylor dont forget Pards is in charge.

So we’ll have to wait and see. …

• 77 kajtoon // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:46 PM

New 2 forum but glancing on here 4 younkes been following d toon here in ireland since keegan years were a laughing over here…. embarrest 2 call meself an irishman wit kinnear shenanigans. …. he really is just not on this planet… used 2 really look forward 2 games when I lived in d uk but last match I seen in st james was actually shay given last game at home vs villa callexd my own son after him when he left part of me left 2 toon cause he so loyal could not stick ashley…. just want 2 start believing again nearlt felt ashley was turning in2 a v smart football chairmain/owner but gone way back down in my estimation. .. he is sorry he gives pards an 8 yr deal sorta stuck in limbo land but interesting 2 c how he can oust pards without affecting lwague position. …

• 78 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Hull mag
    Don’t reckon pards is in charge of f.a mate
    I’d imagine dropping players like yanga is probably part of the reason MA is so p1ssed

• 79 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Apparantly hull are on the verge of signing Austin, low fee because he’s in the last year of his contract

• 80 TorqToon // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Given how outspoken Loic Remys numerous agents are…if there was nothing to this NUFC link, I’d have thought they wouldve cropped up to deny such dealings?!

Toondanno is adamant we are pretty much there, and seems to know what he is talking about, so this could well and truly have legs!

• 81 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:52 PM

daz well can you tell me
    A. who is our second best forward
    B. who can deliver balls into the box that is not a FB
    C. how many midfielders do you want on the pitch together

• 82 jazzyp // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:52 PM

5 crewe football players have been arrested over an alleged sexual assault while on pre season training camp.
    I wonder if remy and bramble were there !!!

• 83 yo-yo // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:54 PM

daz/toonking

Siem de Jong would be ideal for us imo – he is a quick player in his head which is where it really matters.
    Also Remy – pretty fast over the ground but quick witted with it.

Now as for Strolla……

• 84 yo-yo // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:56 PM

TADS

I would sign Austin as Ameobi replacement and bring him on to be a first choice if he’s hungry enough to put in the effort

• 85 Dannyo // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM

@toonarmydownsouth
    Wow, I wasn’t aware. That is mental. Monaco won’t be top competitor for another 2-3 years. There’s some serious gelling to be done. Also, they’ll get punished by FFP imo.

• 86 daztoon // Jul 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM

A -Gouffy
    B- Benny,Marv,Anita to name a few
    C- depends on formation but we don’t need 3 defensive mids on the pitch together

• 87 jazzyp // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM

just heard kieron dyer is set to retire from professional football this summer.
    if it wasn’t for injuries could have been one hell of a player

• 88 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM

yoyo
    I says it every single week myself
    we need players who’s favourite position is either as a forward or wide
    all we were doing last year was constantly going through the middle the only times we were not was if it was our FB getting forward so what happens then is we needed more deep lying midfielders to cover them and they would get more tired.
    9 out 10 player in our current team are far too central.

• 89 lesh // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Tads…. Another one bites the dust. See what happens as soon as Kinnear takes a well deserved break from the hurly burly? Nowt!

So what’s he for then? Answers on a post card please.

• 90 kajtoon // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:04 PM

What would ashley really have 2 do 2 on a consistent basis 2 make u believe nufc is gonna win silverware…..

• 91 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:07 PM

benny marvo and anita are miles away from a decent crosser of the ball anita hasn’t even proved it yet
    and marvo was mostly dribbleing and if HBA is really that good with crosses they why was debuchy having to get forward so much.

• 92 Rotonda heights // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Just reading person toonkings comments on the last thread.

Yes goals win matches and how exactly do you propose Pardew’s style will get us that when he tries to hang on to a 1-0 for most of the match on the rare occasions we get a lead.

Reading at home perfect example. Totally in control and instead of chasing a second or 3rd goal he pulls Marveaux.

All the top teams play pass and move football. You only find your Stokes, West Hams and sadly now us under Pardew lower mid table with their hoof ball

Wish we were brave and swapped injury and error prone plastic geordie when it suits him Saylor with Remy and got N’kalou (wrong spelling.) Would be amazing.

• 93 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM

you say gouffy was a forward well why are you complaining about shola when he was started ahead of shola
    ask yourself this do you want 40 mins without goufran or 4 games without him because I can tell you now pardew like any manager was probably playing safe knowing that goufran was new to this league and if he was injuried what do we do then.

• 94 Belfast // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Who’s toondano ?

• 95 Rotonda heights // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Crosses are really just playing the percentages, hit and hope football with no method. Through balls, cut backs, one twos etc are way more effective. Statiscally 95% of aerial balls are headed away by defenders facing away from their own goal.
    Footballs got more sophisticated than everything going in the air English style.

• 96 daztoon // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM

That’s your opinion which I don’t agree with.Marv for starters put some great balls into the box Cisse’s goal v Anzi as an example I could go on but I really can’t be bothered anymore zzzzzzzzzzzzz

• 97 jazzyp // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Belfast
    an itk who swears that remy is a done deal for next week

• 98 Rotonda heights // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:21 PM

the top scorer ba, our captain Colo and our best player benny all publically said they didn’t like pardew’s tactics.

I can’t believe the quality we have at the club systematically
    wrecked by pardew’s stubborness to change to the 21st century and his lack of any plan B.

• 99 Jail for Ashley // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM

tads,
    I always thought Anelka was the most expensive who is first, Figo Zidane ?

• 100 Belfast // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Ah cheers don’t trust any of them Itk accounts to be honest lol

• 101 toonking // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:26 PM

well I could not careless myself about how you are with pardew because I am a very serious toon fan. so why should I be so stressed about just a few mistakes and 1 bad season when
    1. we have never got a very big squad
    2. the owner makes it very hard for any manager
    3.apart from the joker everything else is just media hype.

so far out of every blogger today it is only you and rotunda who seem to jump right in with negativity.
    it’s easy to see how different you are when i ready how you were with pawl compared to TADS

• 102 daztoon // Jul 6, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Toonking
    Your a complete plank for a start the argument with Pawl was over him stating that Swansea play Martinez/Rogers style and not Laudrups.Then stating that Pardews first full season in prem he finished 5th as apposed to Laudrup who finished 9th.But Pardews first full season in prem was with West Ham and he also finished 9th.
    I also stated I would take no signings if Ashley would sell.
    You then start your drivel about needing fast players to play a passing game saying we only had Obertan.
    Then you say Marv,Benny or Anita can’t cross a ball
    You haven’t a clue.

• 103 Bowzer912 // Jul 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Jail for Ashley #99
    I’m think it’s Ibrahimovic, pretty certain he is anyway.

• 104 chuck // Jul 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Been checking out the different league stats ED.
    What ! are you the new Carr, leave it to the Pro’s !

previous post: Fans Waiting To Hear From Pardew – He’s Been Sighted