The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Alan Pardew Speaks – I Will Manage This Football Club

9:52 am, Monday, July 8th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 51 Comments

At last Alan Pardew has given an interview, and that’s essentially the first time we’ve heard much from him since the end of last season, and the first time since Joe Kinnear was appointed three weeks ago, apart from that sentence about “taking Newcastle up the league.”

alan pardew

Alan Pardew – I will manage this football club

Alan took the first training session of pre-season on Saturday, and was expected to speak to the fans today, and this is what he has said in the Evening Chronicle today,  about Joe’s new position as the Director of Football at the club:

“I’ve had good experiences and bad experiences of it.” “I’m very open minded to Joe’s position.” “I will take it as I see it.”

“People who work with me will know that I am my own man.” “I will manage this football club and manage this team to the best of my ability.”

“On the back of last year I am even more motivated to do well this year.” “Some of the things Joe said he has apologized for.”

“Especially getting the names wrong of our players.” “That needs to be corrected.” “Because there is a certain respect needed there.”

“I spoke to one or two players this morning (that was Saturday) and my staff here, and made them very aware of where the position lies.”

This seems to be the interview Alan is said to have given to nufcTV on Saturday, but the video has not yet been released on the home site, so we cannot judge the mood of the manager.

We didn’t expect Alan to stir things up and he hasn’t, and although we keep seeing Alan talked about on some blogs as being Mike Ashley’s puppet, he is nothing if not a strong character, and the man says what he thinks, but he’s also diplomatic.

Those are good words from Pardew about Joe mispronouncing the names of some of our top players, and maybe Joe can learn from Alan?

Joe needs to learn from somebody about how to be an executive at Newcastle United – that’s for sure – and our single biggest worry about next season is that Joe will somehow find a way to screw things up :(

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Other News · Recruitment

51 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // Jul 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Having his fingers put through a bacon slicer is too good for Ashley.

• 2 Indian Magpie // Jul 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM

gutierrez sold 8 mil

sturridge in 15 mil
    mcclean in 15 mil
    alex song in 10 mil
    tomkins in 6 mil

net spend = -2 mil

So the idea would fit perfectly in Ashley’s mind.To bad Pardumb is to dum to ever think of this.Anyway McClean is british talent.You have to pay more for them but you get a fighter.Thats what these french players lack.Him and Tomkins are fighters to the core.Alex Song is the perfect DM.We really need a physical presence and Sissoko is perfect on the RW(anyone remember his race against Cashley Cole? i do he burned up).He just got a bit tired.This formation also lets Arfa move into the middle and Sturidge is more of a goalscroer wear Cisse is a scorer of great goals.Just saying our best performance was when Colo and Willo were at the back.Willo is a bit of a liability,Tomkins is an upgrade.Mbiwa is to small and we need a goal scoring CB which is what Tomkin is.

• 4 Patoon // Jul 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM

jesperfuglsang – captain of the lemon crew

Lol, i read the blog every day now and hav got 2 the stage now wer i rarely post but i just wish that bloggers would hav patience, JFK has already said that we need 2 strengthin in certain areas of the pitch, we will sign players, ther’s no way we’re gonna sell fringe players and not replace them, we’l just hav 2 wait and c but ther’s new players every time i log on2 the blog, nobody knows who we’re after only JFK, Pardew, Carr, Ashley and maybe a few more high up in the club, think we can b a real force again next season provided Jeff hasn’t got a say in who we sign or wer we play certain players lol

• 5 Rotonda heights // Jul 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I WLL MANAGE THIS FOOTBALL CLUB BADLY

• 6 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM

jesper

We NEED to upgrade Willo do we? While I’ll obviously be happy if we can upgrade our 4th choice centre back…Willo is decent enough for that role while we have higher priorities. A top striker and another attacking player are much higher up that list. Unless we’re going to spend a bucketload of cash, I’d rather than £6M was going towards those players.

Plus, why would Tomkins want to join us to sit on the bench?

• 7 Rotonda heights // Jul 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Jail

I saw something similar on Luther last week

• 8 Tommyy // Jul 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Well manage it properly then! Learn how to coach proper football.

His comments shed some light onto the Kinnear situation, he obviously wasn’t expecting it nor was he pleased about it. It’s clear a potential rift lies here, just waiting to explode.

• 9 Patoon // Jul 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Jeff

R U MENTAL???? 15m for McClean, no Yanga Mbiwa, no Anita, Cabaye at CDM, Sissoko on the wing, And 15m would never get Sturridge now, U R DEF OUT OF THE SAME SCHOOL AS AP

• 10 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Don’t agree with pardew often, but he’s right there, the key is respect! JFK has shown no respect to the club the players or the fans

• 11 Jamseyd24 // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM

If Pardew has any morals he will tell Ashley to stick it if JK gets to involved. He may not be the best manager in the world but he will get another job and I am sure most fans would respect him more rather than being stamped on by that clown.

• 12 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Toonarmydownsouth
    4 mins ago
    Just read the article o Taylor a couple of threads back
    What a load of sh1te!!!
    Why would he leave? Ummmmmm first team football! The lads is simply not good enough he’s never filled his potential and is has become a massive liability!
    And then to say if want a CB they can have willo! Howay ED there’s no difference between them other than willo partners colo better than Taylor

Sorry Taylor but for me you’ve been living on your local tag for to long with out the graft ffs you can’t even keep your self in shape, last season you looked like a stunt double for razor ruddock!

Both him and willo need upgrading

• 13 Tommyy // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Jeff – Please, it’s too hot.

• 14 Jamiemac // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM

jeff

very very optimistic with them selling prices and no chance we’ll get Sturridge, Song or Baines (who you missed on your list)

• 15 Jamseyd24 // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Jeff, I have a feeling you sniffing something, that is just ridicules.

• 16 Jamiemac // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Stevie Taylor is more than capable back up defender. Would be disappointed to see him leave. I’d be more than happy to see him in the starting line up.

• 17 jeff // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Sorry Baines 4 mil + Gosling.Everton will want Gosling back.He was an immense talent there.

Net spend = 2 mil still good business IMO

• 18 Rotonda heights // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Jeff is 12, so a bit of leeway granted. We were all living in la la land at his age

• 19 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Most deluded list ever posted jeff?

tiote sold 20 mil Behave
    saylor sold 12 mil lol £6 mil tops
    marveaux sold 8 mil no chance
    gutierrez sold 8 mil you must have good weed

sturridge in 15 mil they paid £15 6 months ago
    mcclean in 15 mil F off
    alex song in 10 mil no chance
    tomkins in 6 mil they wanted £8mil before he signed his contract extension

Pls stop skipping school you need an education

• 20 Rotonda heights // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Taylor starting ahead of MYM would be insane but this is Pardew we’re talking about.

• 21 Patoon // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Rotonda heights @18

Lmao

• 22 Indian Magpie // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM

What do you think Combined IQ of JFK and AP is ?

-12

• 23 jeff // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I turned 13 yesterday.Im a teenager now.Not a kid.

• 24 Spuggy // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Kinnear has been charged with the task of implementing the summer transfer plan drawn up in discussions with Pardew and chief scout Graham Carr, and the manager is hoping he will be able to fight his corner with the sportswear magnate.

Pardew said: “It is very simple for me: if Joe can persuade Mike to invest in the right manner, then that will be the best outcome for us.

“As well as we have done in the transfer market, there is always room for improvement.

“I have spoken to Joe and had a couple of meetings with him. I have told him what I think the weaknesses in the squad are.

“Let’s be fair, it’s a squad, not a side, and I have told him I need to strengthen, and I have a couple of ideas.”

• 25 Darnik // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM

@jeff
    so you rate Baines at £5mil and Taylor at £12mil talk about deluded

• 26 Jamiemac // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:11 AM

MYM still needs to prove himself at CB in prem. Was very shaky last year defensively. Don’t think it’s unfair to say at this moment of time Taylor seems like the most comfortable option. However MYM still is my most exciting signing from January so I’m hoping he really steps up when used at CB this year.

• 27 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM

How could we bring in baines for £5 mil when Everton have already rejected a £12 million bid from manure?

• 28 Rotonda heights // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Pardew ” there is always room for improvement”

I hope you are applying that to yourself Alan.

And yes we know your ideas

Brit has-beens and never wassers pretty much in your image as a player and manager. If we were to believe only a fraction of the press rumours Pardew would have us in for Bent and Tomkins, not Carr’s Remy and N’Koulou picks. Who would you rather?

• 29 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM

whatever crap anyone post iflick over it it is suggested that all do the same as it saves silly rhetorical posts……
    feel free to flick

• 30 Rotonda heights // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Do you think MYM would have turned down a host of top clubs to play second fiddle to Saylor.

• 31 jeff // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Gosling is worth atleast 4 mil to everton.They want him back.My dad showed me a clip of him scoring against Lpool.Serious tekkers.Just needs a good manager.

• 32 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Jamiemac
    Of course he was shaky last year, no time to gel and thrown in to a patched up defence that was leaking goals left right and centre
    Next season tayls won’t have a chance when MYM has had a full pre season

• 33 DevonToon // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I dont think i really need to add anything jeff… Everyone else has all bases covered! Is pards having a little dig? “SOME of the things joe said” implying there is more, cos there bloody is!

• 34 richyg01 // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM

That your FIFA time there Jeff?

Dream on mate!

Man Ure can’t even secure a deal for Baines, how could we!

Plus, you would not get anywhere near them prices for the players you are talking about selling, never mind the ones you are on about buying!!

• 35 Indian Magpie // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Spot on Jeff at Number 3

• 36 jeff // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM

So that equals Baines atleast 8 mil.Baines doesnt want to go to Man U cause he will be behind Evra and Fabio.Then theres also Buttner.He could be 3rd or even fourth choice.I heard that was the reason Everton declined.Not cause of it being a small bid.Cmon 12 mil for a defender almost 30?Yes please

• 37 richyg01 // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Aston Villa are ready to ship out misfit Darren Bent for £5million, according to The Sun. The report claims that Newcastle United, Hull City and Fulham are all poised to make a move for the striker – but the Toon are in pole position.

• 38 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Patoon… :D

TDS…well now I never said I would want Tomkins or that he would want to come sit on our bench if that was the case :)

But with the injury history of both Saylor and Colo I don’t think getting games at Newcastle is going to be the problem?

We all see things very differently want it comes to this club and we blame different thigs for our downfall. If I should sum up in short how I think we could give Pardew the best foundation to work from I would say:

1. Sign a replacement for Ba
    2. Sign a RB to cover for Debuchy
    3. Upgrade all our fringe players! They were simply not good enough last season when called upon.
    4. Send the youngster out on loan to a club that will help them progress!

• 39 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Devon
    Yeah I think he’s firing a warning shot at JFK

• 40 Ian Toon // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Tsunki- bills-son being described as an antidote to Catchy and Rotonda( my inclusion) is unkind . You might as well have mentioned a wet tea bag.
    Rotonda- Nothing personal it’s just that your plain boring. Try a new script once in a while – having researched the archives I note that you were saying precisely the same things during our 5th place finish season. Pardew going WOULD leave a void in your life. Get a life !
    The sun is shining get out and face the light.

• 41 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I loved it when it is so clear who have been playing either FIFA or FM to much lately :D lol

• 42 DevonToon // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Imo Mapou has the potential to be better than colo, cos he has pace that colo never had. Mapou is a ball playing cb and next to colo we will have two chaps who will build the attack from the back.

• 43 Darnik // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:25 AM

@jeff
    only problem is Gosling off to palace for a reported £1mil

• 44 richyg01 // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM

@38 Ryan Taylor, Steven Taylor & Mapou can all cover at RB

• 45 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM

jesper

I don’t disagree too much with you there. But as for actually spending some proper money, we really need to focus on the attack. I agree that cover for Debuchy would be ideal, and I hope we do sign someone, but there are others who can cover than position (Saylor, Anita, Santon). Shame about Raylor, he’d be perfect cover.

We signed 5 players in January and they’ll have a pre-season under their belt so we’ll be better this year surely. It takes years of steady progress in the PL to upgrade the fringe players fully, no point in just going out and spending money and hoping they are better. I hope and expect that there will be a few upgrade this summer at least, but I also want to see some youth players coming through.

• 46 Ian Toon // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM

How many fans have actually seen Tomkins. Some I have spoken too
    merely recall the game at SJP when Best scored a hattrick in. 5-0 win .
    He had just played a few games in a woeful WHU team. Not worth £ 6million but I would prefer him in the side to Taylor. More Yanga than Taylor or Williamson because he can pass and more comfortable on the ball. Fat Sam hates the ball playing CB.

• 47 Levi // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Jeff

I’ll be nice because you’re only young and seem like a nice lad. But when you think of how much a player would cost also try and consider if he would want to come to Newcastle. So sturridge and song i dont think would. And when you look at the players you are selling you have to consider if it would be that easy. I think 12m tiote,8m Saylor, 4m for guti,marvoux. Also i wouldn’t sell marvoux because he is a great player but only Newcastle fans can see that. I do feel if he plays to his ability he will be in the 1st team

• 48 Lew Davies // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I think Pardew will have learnt a lot o hard lessons last season, and will be the better for it.
    I hope he is allowed to manage the team, the way he wants to.
    The petty name calling of Pardew on this blog should stop. He is the manager of NUFC and we should all get behind him and give him and the Lads 100% support.
    Of course he has made mistakes, who hasn’t ? If he can get the players to believe in him, then we have a chance to progress.
    All the best to him for the next season.

• 49 DevonToon // Jul 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Repost – IMO Mapou has the potential to be better than colo, cos he has pace that colo never had. Mapou is a ball playing cb and next to colo we will have two chaps who will build the attack from the back.

• 50 Rotonda heights // Jul 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Ian I asked before are you still being a t..t?
    Obviously the answer is yes, my apologies again just thought I’d check at the bank of ”Mr Charisma”

How is your constant defending of your great god Pardew and the same tired old excuses any less sophorific?

• 51 headtheball // Jul 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Ian Toon
    I remember reading that you received a wonderful education. I wonder if it included the English language or were you TO TOO TWO busy reading NUFC statistics?
    HWTL