The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Are Newcastle In For Manchester City Winger?

1:30 pm, Monday, July 8th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 171 Comments

It’s been pointed out to us today that the betting on Manchester City’s Scott Sinclair signing for Newcastle United has gone from 20/1 to 1/4 this morning.

scott sinclair

Scott Sinclair – are Newcastle interested?

Of course SkyBet has been wrong before, and after our 2-1 defeat by Reading at home in January, we remember that Alan Pardew was 1/5 to get the sack at Newcastle, but he survived and Mike Ashley brought in five new Frenchmen the following week.

Scott moved from Swansea to Manchester City last summer, but the move was ill-advised and Scott found it very difficult to make the Manchester City first team, and he appeared only 14 times last season with only three starts, and it’s clear he has no future in Manchester.

The 24 year-old has played for the England U21 side, and for Great Britain last summer, and will want to put his career back on track – so maybe Sky knows something we don’t – but maybe not.

But it would be good if Newcastle can get somebody through the door soon, and at the right price, Scott could be a good signing for Newcastle.

Sky Bet Football Trader Chris Spicer had this to say:

“In a market which has previously seen very little money, we have taken a strong run of bets on Sinclair’s next club being Newcastle, prompting the price to plummet.”

“With nothing apparent in the media domain on such a deal happening, we’re assuming the money is coming from those in the know, although it’s always difficult to tell during the season of speculation.”

Scott started his career at Bristol City before moving to Chelsea in 2006, and he was sent out on loan to a number of clubs – including Plymouth Argyle, Queens Park Rangers. Charlton Athletic, Crystal Palace, Birmingham City and Wigan Athletic to get first team experience,  before being sold to Swansea City in 2010 for around £1M.

In his two seasons at Swansea Scott did very well, and in 91 games he scored 36 goals for the Welsh side.

Manchester City paid around £6M for him last summer, and if the Magpies can get him in for about half that figure, it could be a good deal.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

171 responses so far ↓

• 1 G // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Given how many bodies are leaving, if we can get one through the door soonest, I would be happier. He isn’t as good a player I feel as his transfers have implied, but he certainly isn’t a bad player either. He was never going to get a chance at City though.

• 2 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:33 PM

no point in commenting

• 3 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:33 PM

bring him in end off story

• 4 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Sean

Yes, De Jong for me would play behind Cisse, but would also like Sissoko did, when playing in the drop off role, he will drop back and defend if needed.

This would leave Ben Arfa and Remy in more advanced positions on the pitch.

We would have a very quick counter attack with Benny, Remy and Cisse.

De Jong, Sissoko and Cabaye in the midfield. Almost like a 4-3-3.

Sissoko — De Jong — Cabaye

Ben Arfa — Cisse ——- Remy

That would be lethal, and hard working. I know Remy and Arfa wont put in a shift though, but it would be hard for opposing teams to defend if the players manage to blend together well.

I mean talking about subs, you still have likes of Tiote and Anita defensive minds, or alternatively Gouffran and Marv to attack.

Would be a very versatile squad, only question is would Pardew manage them right?!

Would he also drop his favourites like STaylor, Jonas, Tiote?

• 5 richyg01 // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Just on the back of this slash in odds, I looked where else we cropped up in SkyBet’s odds:

Scott Sinclair 1/4
    James McCarthy 25/1
    Gary Hooper 33/1
    Demba Ba 14/1
    Callum McManaman 20/1

• 6 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Fernando Torres?! LOL

A bit ambitious, try 20m+ for that one to see the light of day!

Never in a million years!

Wouldn’t mind Micah Richards! But he is too good for us!

I think Remy, De Jong and Sinclair would prove a good window if we manage to pull that off, could I be greed and say N’Koulou too?! LOL

I am dreaming I know! But they are each individually realistic targets!

Just hope we don’t lose our better players. You don’t improve by selling your better players!

For me Krul, Colo, Mbiwa, Cabaye, Sissoko, Arfa, Cisse are key members, possibly Tiote if he started playing the way he used to play when first coming to us.

Since his Arsenal goal the guy thinks hes Iniesta! Long shots almost ALL the time and dribbling in circles in his own half under pressure!

Why cant he go back to basics!

• 7 G // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:45 PM

From that list there are only a couple of players I would be happy to have in the squad. Some of them are a little past their sell by date to say the least (Jenas? Distin?).

• 8 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM

If they signed a Binman from Jesmond Council !

Plus a Tea Lady from Whitley Bay Leisure Centre, then it would at least tell me they are doing something?

All this Inactivity is almost too much to bear!

• 9 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM

pawl250

you missed Sissoko as our key player

• 10 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM

pawl

for me id rather cisse as the 10 role rather than de jong, he can flick a ball on surprisingly well! and he would struggle to be offside being the main bonus, plus hes still advanced enough to cause a real danger in the box.

as for jonas tiote and stevie t, im hoping tiote had a one off bad season, but will be back to terrorising the attacking players of oposite teams.
    jonas is more suited to a cm role since he lost his yard of pace after bulking up, he had one of the best tackle per game ratios last season n can do a job in a central role imo (backup mind)
    with stevie t, im on the oposite end, i think the lad will give everything he has and does so every week, sure he might occasionally try and use his hands like krul, then start rubbing his thigh vigorously and overly dramatic for the ref but i think hes solid otherwise.

• 11 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM

pawl250

sorry mate i mean’t Marv

• 12 Joe Blog // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:52 PM

SeanNufc

Huh, Cisse no10? You weren’t advising Pardew on tactics last season, were you?

• 13 richyg01 // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM

From that list, I would like to see us try for:

Scott Sinclair 1/4
    Micah Richards 12/1
    Darren Bent 6/4
    Loic Remy 2/1
    Victor Moses 20/1
    Franco Di Santo 10/1
    Victor Wanyama 50/1
    Gary Hooper 33/1
    Demba Ba 14/1
    Callum McManaman 20/1

• 14 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM

tell you what,

micah richards isnt actually as unlikely as you might think, he barely played last season, depends on if pell boy will play him but i think we would be one of few clubs to go for him.

am i dreaming?

• 15 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM

BAWWA

Nope I didn’t, Sissoko is in that list of Key members.

• 16 G // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Back to the story, does anybody else think Sinclair is one of those players who only really looks great in a fairly crap side? If he signs for us he has a very good chance of looking world class!

• 17 Rotonda heights // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM

IAN TOON

You do seem increasingly obsessed with me. I appear to hold an unquenchable fascination for you and as flattering as that is I can think of more exciting stalkers but just my luck I have to get the one who is an insomnia cure.

Of course having your FA badges makes you a brilliant manager. Silly me what can I be thinking. Yes the FA have turned out so many good coaches haven’t they.

• 18 richyg01 // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM

@16

I think he is a decent player, but yes, maybe just that when surrounded by average players, he is the stand out guy!?

• 19 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM

jb

number 10 is still an advanced attacking role, its what rooney plays, n i personally think its more suited to his… inabilities.

• 20 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM

BAWWAA

Ahh right, I don’t see Marv as key personally, he is not what I would class as key anyway.

Hes like Ben Arfa admittedly, but goes missing alot more, and his tracking back is even worse the Ben Arfas, if that is even possible!

He is technically gifted, but feel he has alot more to prove, or give than I actually see.

• 21 Joe Blog // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Can’t believe one of europe’s elite STs, Mario Gomez, has just signed for Fiorentina for an initial £13.7m, possibly rising to £17m!

• 22 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Sean,

I agree about STaylor, he has qualities others may not possess. But I feel Mbiwa is more technically gifted, he will play the ball more comfortably, like Colo.

He also will give just as much effort. I feel Mbiwa should be our starting CB, alongside Colo.

I feel Cisse up top for me is a must, he has proven he does little else on wings etc. His goals/games ratio in the centre dramatically improved his seasons stats. I mean before Ba departure I think he scored 1 maybe 2?

• 23 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM

pi55 poor owner
    ” ” intent =
    pi55 club

• 24 G // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM

“Cisse is a central player, but I feel his best position is off the defender shoulder, granted someone needs to explain the offside rule!”

To be fair, thats down to the way he plays, and how many of those decisions for offside were actually incorrect? I’m not saying he’s never offside, but he isn’t anywhere near as bad as the stats show for offsides. MOTD replays show more than half his offsides last season were poor calls from the assistants.

• 25 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM

not what i intended to say

• 26 kt97toonarmy // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Well i rate this kid quite a bit if am honest hes quick and a winger who has an idea on how to beat a defender plus hes about 5 of gutierezz and much younger.

• 27 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM

G

He’s still offside far too much, but I will concede he has been judged unfairly by the officials last season, I seem to remember 3 goals that shouldn’t have been chalked off. Perhaps his reputation has preceded him.

• 28 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Sean

Micah Richards only missed out last season from injury. He was very much the starting right back until that injury.

I feel his position in the team will only be more solidified with Pellgrini in charge.

He is the commanding centre back most PL teams dream of! He is only just 25, and for me one of the better English defenders.

I personally would go him and Jones in the world cup. Jagielka and Cahill scream disaster!

Off topic but my England team would be

———————– Hart ———————
    Walker — Richards — Jones —— Cole
    ————- Wilshere — Cleverly ———-
    Walcott ———- Rooney ———- Zaha
    ———————- Carroll ——————-

• 29 kt97toonarmy // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:10 PM

cleverly just no theres so much better

• 30 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I like Cleverly, I feel Lampard and Gerrard are past it.

Name another central midfielder, hard working who can pass a ball.

This would be a very quick England team, only way Gerrard would get in my team is if injuries occured (always likely with Wilshere).

Just feel we need a change, Cole is still top draw.

The only other option I would change is Zaha, he is still raw and maybe not ready, so I would choose Baines as left wing, he would be so effective, can cross, shoot, score and take a free kick and penalty!

Similar to Santon, only better!

Infact I think he is better going forwards than his defensive game! so its even more suited to him. He would also help in defence unlike the lazy Young, or Welbeck!

• 31 Ian Toon // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM

17Rotonda heights // Jul 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    I appear to hold an unquenchable fascination for you……….yawn!

On the contrary your repeating the same tripe ad nauseum- give it a rest!
    Your getting to be as bad as Catchy at his worst!

• 32 oldbobaycliffe // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:20 PM

seeing pardew couldn,t get perch an extension to his contract proves that none of the players that come in or leave will be pardews choice but kinnears and carrs only and if pardew plays the newcomers in the wrong positions as he did last season could mean he will be the first manager to lose his job this season.

• 33 kt97toonarmy // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Ive never liked gerrard or cleverly ive always thought there both overated because they play for big teams cause the last england squad was picked between 6 clubs they were man u man city arsenal liverpool everton tottenham that shows how limited and lazy hodgson and his team are

• 34 kt97toonarmy // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Oh i forgot chelsea taking that up to 7

• 35 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM

what new players coming in i forsee none

• 36 G // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Speaking of the ‘sack race’, anbody go the latest odds on AP to win this year? I fancy a flutter, and given what has and is happening at the toon this year, it might be worth a tenner bet

• 37 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM

till the last day, freebies hasbeens ,and the like .ashleys fortitude

• 38 Tinman // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM

pawl, playing Baines as LW wouldnt work, or at least not as effectively as him at LB. The reason he gets into great positions is because he takes advantage of lazy wingers, then its 2 on 1 v opposition RB, the winger draws the RB whilst Baines charges into the space in behind.
    Playing LB and LW are a lot more different than some people seem to think

• 39 Mister Tuff // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I see Nile Ranger has just been charged with rape.
    Well this must be a surprise to those on here that say footballers do not get charged with rape -or the the envelope stuffed with cash will buy silence. Duh —–tools.

• 40 kt97toonarmy // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Well we have a problem with english players or lack of them so as we r linked with bent tomkins and sinclier but who wud u all go 4 suggestions

• 41 Joe Blog // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Well, if you’ve got a spare 45 minutes, why not spend it in the company of Sir Bobby? Here’s his Desert Island Discs interview, recorded a few months after he was sacked by Fat Freddy – http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/p009367v

Love hearing his voice and him speaking about NUFC :)

• 42 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:33 PM

People are still quick to bollock Pardew I see. Even with an owner such as ours.

The season before last he equaled a club record unbeaten start and finished 5th, keeping 15 clean sheets in the process.

That done with a small squad. Last season we were found wanting because our best players missed half of last seasons games. This season will see a return to form with a bigger squad and another top striker brought in. I can’t wait to see the comments on here from the Pardew haters. It’s going to be fun.

Joe’s being paid for nout. All he is going to be doing is relaying messages to Mike. Canny salary to go with it eh?

• 43 G // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:33 PM

@39 – I just read that he was about to sign for Blackpool! This lad will go to amazing lengths to avoid a game of football. Idiot.

• 44 Jamiemac // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Imagine getting Torres, that would be quality!

• 45 jonobbad // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Getting charged with an offence is a lot different to getting convicted fornthe offence. Tool

• 46 kt97toonarmy // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Toon prodigy i speak for all of us when i say hope ur rite but to b honest we need a few through the door

• 47 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM

TinMan

Cole and Baines would be able to swap. The opposition wont know who to mark. They both can cross, have pace, work hard.

I feel Baines is good enough for left wing, as I feel Glenn Johnson would suit a more advanced role, just not in Englands team lol!

I think you look at Bale, he was a left back, then he went to left midfield!

Look at Valencia for Man Utd, winger now versatile full back.

Coentrão was a winger now full back.

Even our own Debuchy for France has played as a winger instead of his more familiar right back role.

It can be done, just choose the players to utilize it wisely.

I feel Baines is one of those players. I am not asking for the impossible all the above show the possible transition!

• 48 G // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM

@45, I only said he was potentially signing for Blackpool, I didn’t say he was guilty. You are right though, however the CPS usually only issue a charge on occasions where they feel there is sufficient evidence to imply probable guilt. That doesn’t make him guilty either, but it doesn’t look good.

• 49 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM

imagine attacking with purpose and intent scoring more than the opposition,argh delusional thoughts begone

• 50 toonincheek // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:48 PM

John Tudor @2

I don’t normally like repeat posts – but -
    feel free to re-post that one any time.

As long as you are as good as your word.

Which you weren’t this time.

• 51 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:50 PM

inane

• 52 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:52 PM

it was directed @ 1 not the title

• 53 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Kt97,

We sure do. With the amount of dosh we have it’s looking likely they are coming though eh?

Exciting times. Just hope the players who come in have the quality.

• 54 JackButler // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Nile Ranger has just been charged with rape, this guy seems determined to ruin his life (and that of others)

• 55 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 2:58 PM

spurs to hijack sinclair moves

• 56 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:00 PM

defoe not up to the job nomore

• 57 JackButler // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Sinclair would be a great addition to our squad, someone with real pace and a good goal threat from midfield

• 58 Kc-Toon // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM

@pawl250
    Do you not consider carrick as a more accomplished player than cleverly? His performances for man utd have been so under-rated. He just needs more movement ahead of him and he would excel, Players like sturridge and rooney who are constantly on the move, And he would thrive.

• 59 lesh // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Jack. Ranger is and has been a complete Pratt and if he’s sent down for it, his life’ll not be worth living when he’s faced with real hard cases.

So, Skybet seem to think that money’s gone onto Sinckair’s move from those in the know.

Torq, cough up!

• 60 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I’d take this Sinclair lad like.

• 61 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Wow Sinclair really hope there some legs on this cracking little player !

Anyone seen ranger has officially been charged with rape, he’s to appear in court in August
    This lad must have a built in self destruct button!

• 62 JackButler // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM

lesh

He’s just another in a long line of young players who think they are above the law and can do whatever they want, whenever they want with no repercussions and you’re right he’ll soon find out that he’s nothing but a rich little boy

• 63 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:17 PM

paying off the hard nuts to keep their nuts off

• 64 Roy Morten // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Why wouldn’t it surprise me if Tottenham would hijack Sinclair move….

• 65 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I like Sinclair, just prefer if given the option Remy/De Jong, OR both ;)

Kc-Toon

Carrick is a decent player, but he is slow. I feel he is past his best, like Parker who on his day is outstanding. Mind Carrick has flattered to deceive, I just feel youth is the way to go.

Why not do a Germany and instead of focusing on this World Cup, focus on the following Euro/World Cup with a solid squad who have player together for 4 years plus!

This is arguably the likes of Coles, Lampard, Gerrard last tournament, why put them in its not like we will benefit from them?

We need new blood, and I feel Brazil/Germany/Spain will walk the World Cup next year and battle it out between each other. I don’t see Italy, or us stopping them so why waste time with the older generation, start looking to build for the future!

This is the problem, we should have done that at the last Euros, instead of taking the same old and in the end wasting our time and effort!

All England managers do the same thing, they never look beyond the “Golden” generation, its so “Golden” we have never seen any gold come from it!

• 66 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:19 PM

is sinclair LW or RW? i cant remember, also what foot? id search myself but im busy decorating

• 67 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:20 PM

would really like to get cordozo but it will probably be pinnochio

• 68 santonthenewmaldini // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Just sign someone please!!!

Sinclair would be great as would Remy and De jong that for me would be more than good enough to give us the proper attacking options and then removing the deadwood to make room for the youngsters

I want to see the youngsters get a better chance than they did last season no one can honestly say that Ferguson, Campbell ,Bigi and Inman would not have given a better account of themselves given a run in the side than Shola, Obertan Jonas and Tiote who were shite all season ?

There was so many games that we were crying out for someone with Fergusons crossing ability to get the ball in the box and to utilize Campbell’s movement and pace on the counter attack but instead we brought on Shola who done nothing and in some cases made us worse than when he came on

Removing Perch and Gosling is a godsend as it means that Bigi and Anita will get more opportunities when Tiote is injured/suspended and out of form for 90% of the season

• 69 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:21 PM

maybe even geppetto

• 70 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM

pawl

you think? i reckon italy or brazil for me, they have been superb recently.

im genuinly excited for world cup, two weeks off and nothing but great footbal!

• 71 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM

and great football too!

• 72 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:25 PM

tudor

isnt oscar like 29 now? and also have i missed something, is he wanting out or something?

• 73 Ian Toon // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Pardew’s 5th placed finish was the seventh best achievement
    in the last 50 years. Is it too much for him to be allowed
    a clean slate at the start of a new season.

• 74 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:29 PM

my opinion who cares people just sprout any names on here we wont get what we want only what the regime want mediocrity guarenteed

• 75 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM

but ian last season’s worst finnish

• 76 Mr Funk // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM

If we don’t sign any players by the time the squad flies out to Portugal the i don’t think we will sign anyone else.

• 77 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:33 PM

is it a come and get me from cabeye

• 78 toonking // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:33 PM

toon proligy
    the way I see it is these pardew bashers are fans of ahley. but don’t want to admit it

I said it yesterday if all the blame for last season was pardews fault then we must have a very good squad and to get a very good squad you need a very good owner because forget the scout all he does is search for them it is the owner who decides weather a player is worth his money.

people like myself but see it like this last summer we didn’t do much to build up our squad and pardew will have seen it happen with so many other team already that if we don’t bring in more players him being the manager will be under more pressure with how the squad does. 3 of the key eliments that show it were

1. pressure of ba leaving in January
    2. apart from the CM and GK it’s hard to think of even 1 player who would cover the other position that is good enough
    3. not a single winger that is really that good to even start. our wingers were Jonas obatan HBA marvo and ferguson
    Jonas and obatan are just poor
    HBA too selfish doesn’t do enough to help the FBs and goes too far into the centre too much
    ferguson not had much time
    marvo very injury prone.

• 79 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:35 PM

and barton in

• 80 G // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM

@73 in most cases you are correct, and a clean slate would apply, however, last year his squads were so unjustified, dropping players in form, for players so desparately out of form, and playing formations which not only didn’t work, but didn’t suit the 11 men on the pitch either. I will be delighted if AP comes good this season, after all, it took Alex Fergusson 3 years to get it right at Manyoo before his teams started hitting form. I just cant see AP being the new SAF.

• 81 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:37 PM

pardew hater=ashley hater i think not the lot should be sent packing scum

• 82 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Sean

Italy are for me an okay team, BUT the big boys on International front have to be Spain, Germany and Brazil.

Holland have a decent squad but clearly unrest amongst them for whatever reason? Ego?

Italy I feel they have improved, most likely by doing what we haven’t and introducing new players.

Argentina, feel they will never be as good as they were. Messi always seems lost, he is no Maradona carrying his team. Still you never know, he may just turn it on this time!

• 83 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM

i see pardew as the new joe kinnear in the future bragging lies on his time here.ashleys a t055er

• 84 Sazzer // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM

At 4 m £ Sinclair is good signing. Up to 7m it is good one.

• 85 toonking // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM

well john

the best hope you should hope for is we do a rangers then because that will clear out everything

• 86 toonking // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:43 PM

btw john
    were you always excluded from school?
    tell me your answer then i will say why i asked you.

• 87 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM

So the squad is too thick in places? Didn’t hear that one when he was complaining it was too small last year? What a con-man he is.

Dunno why some people are saying to lay off Pardew and that he’ll have learnt from last season.

The prat wasn’t making changes last year after each game so how will he have learnt now? The opposite in fact. We need goals, he tells us before the lead up to the Liverpool game. Talking the talk as usual. Yet all those DMs in and no Gouffran or Ben Arfa. He flat out lies and I can’t believe not everyone can see it.

For the length of time the imbecile makes the same shockingly basic errors, he will get pulled up for it as clearly, he is blundering his way through football management.

The same comments from some of our fans are mirror images of those made by West Ham fans and Southampton fans in previous years. Coincidence? The football itself tells you not.

We were playing the same awful brand of football as when we came 5th, except we weren’t managing to nick the winning goal as much as the year before. Relying on wonder goals to pick up points is not the way to build a successful footballing team.

To add to that misery, we still haven’t signed a purple.

• 88 Ian Toon // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Sazzer- Why £7 million- Man city paid £6 million.

• 89 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM

A number of bookies had slashed the odds on the tricky wideman joining the Magpies after a string of bets were placed backing him to make the move.
    But a Newcastle spokesman has poured cold water over any potential move.
    He told SportsDirect News: “We’re unaware of those bets. I don’t know where that information has come from, so I can’t really say much more.”

Sports direct news.

• 90 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM

shame on you toonking surely not having a go now are we holier than thou crap

• 91 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM

if i choose not to punctuate thats my choice

• 92 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I feel its pivotal for the club to sign someone soon. People are panicking, not that I understand that.

Look at our squad right now!

1.Krul HG

14.Haidara U21
    15.RTaylor U21 HG
    16. Ferguson HG

17.Tiote
    18.Cabaye
    19.Anita
    20.Gosling HG (Soon to be sold?)
    21.Sissoko
    32. Gouffran

33. Cisse
    34. Shola HG
    35. Campbell U21 HG

Could be worse right?!

• 93 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM

as you are not the blog police kindly hold your opinions on other posters to oneself, in future if you want to have a go feel free to attack the owner ,manager ,dof

• 94 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Its clear as day we lack a striker or 2. Or even a no.10 striker role.

Remy (8-9m?) and De Jong (7-8m?) will be ideal as stated.

It would certainly look more attractive with those additions for approx 15m-17? Thats roughly what we supposedly bid on PEA.

• 95 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:55 PM

LR 32

no we didnt, just fabricating stuff to further your argument.

i have EVERY game that was televised on my V+ box and we played nearly every team off the pitch, sure there was exceptions but the same could be said for man u getting lucky when playing poorly. before you jump on that, im not saying we are anywhere near man u.

• 96 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM

tunnel vision

• 97 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I agree that we most definitely should have signed players in August last year. However, those players which we do have are massively misued, by shockingly poor coaching, team selection and tactics and that is the foundation which Pardew builds from?

He doesn’t deserve to manage good players if he can’t even get that right to start with.

Leaving Tevez and Mascherano out for Harewood and Mullins is a prime prior example of his inability to manage at the top level. Where are those 4 now? That tells its own story.

That is why MOST, not all, of the blame lies with him.

I, like others, put up with his rubbish on a football pitch of which I have had to pay money to see(!) He can most definitely take flak for his inability to manage, as a result of his abysmal record breaking spree last year and the dross he’s inflicting on a more than good standard of technical player.

• 98 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I think we could lose a midfielder or 2.

Obertan and Gosling would be my choices!

Sinclair to replace perhaps? Young, English and more of a winger.

Could do with a couple loans out too. Sammy, Abeid, Street, Good, Campbell, Dummett. We could always call them back in dire need!

Although from Campbell interviews it sounds like he maybe the bench warmer for experience in final 10-15mins.

If we manage to get all Sinclair, Remy and De Jong then it would have to be it for Shola surely!

• 99 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 3:59 PM

if we continue in this vein possibly doing toonkings thoughts of copying qpr in relegation may be a blessing or even further declines

• 100 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM

The way i see it.. Is that we are a mid-table club at present with a mid-table manager. Makes sence. Until we have a squad decent enough to challenge a top six spot im happy with him in charge.

We have a decent first eleven but other than that up until January a squad lacking the required quality throughout to compete on so many levels. I still have my doubts now. I’v mentioned it before the problems are from the top and filter down. This football club should be running better on the football side of things.

This plan is not working. The back-up is not good enough in quality for a Premier League football club.

Hopefully this window it will all be rectified. It’s a decent start with having certain players leave so far. We need quality through the door who is good enough to cover a Ben Arfa or a Cabaye. This is where are problems lie. I hope Marveux will carry on his good form we seen at the back end of last season.

Williamson, The Ameobi’s, Jonas should all go and better players should be brought in. A proper winger. Hopefully it’s this Sinclair.

Let Ferguson and Tavernier and also Dummet go back out on loan.

• 101 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM

pawl

im not clear mate, do you want de jong? ;)

• 102 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:01 PM

blanc is on the march for cabeye

• 103 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Sean

and Remy ;) and N’Koulou and Sincalir……

and Mes..? …… now now thats going to far! lol

• 104 Mister Tuff // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Whilst Sinclair is an OK player – probably better than some we have -I hope that he is not on the radar. I really cannot see him excelling at all. Seems like a Danny Simpson Mk 2 -love rat. If he had anything exceptional in his locker it should have materialised by now. So hopefully no thanks

• 105 fatman // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Ian Toon
    No his track record does not warrant it.

• 106 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM

John

You are like one of those annoying bible preachers infront of the Metro Radio Arena when you go see a band that swears, or a person who shows any sort of discrimination in the bible (most singers these days).

Why don’t you take your preaching elsewhere? Its like a dull book. You read it to see what is next, but your left with utter disappointment!

I suppose you do have free will to write what you wish, this is a public domain but BY GOD! Cheer up! You are making me depressed, and not about Newcastle, I just feel sorry for you.

• 107 magpieboom_6 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM

As far as Cisse being incessantly offside, that ultimately is on him.

Buuuuuut……if he was paying attention and we weren’t just banging the ball long over the top with the hope that he’d run on to it, it wouldn’t happen as frequently.

I know it’s forbidden to get the ball diagonally wide into the channel to a winger to get some service into the area so our striker(s) aren’t constantly worrying a/b timing a run to chase a long ball over the top.

• 108 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Sean… I fabricated nothing. I see it week in week out when I go to the ground(s). Lack of movement, lack of cohesive team performances. We have played a few good games, but with the players which we have, we should be playing a hell of a lot better.

Little overlapping, very few calculated triangles and pre-practiced interlinking. That is very basic coaching. TV limits the full movement of the players as it’s only showing a portion of what is going on off the ball.

Best football we’ve played was 433 with Cisse centre and Ba and Ben Arfa left and right. People were crying out for that for half a season, did well with it then he dumps it and we go back to playing disjointed struggling football.

Pardew’s downfalls sludge along with him at the new clubs which he manages. Unfortunately, his current destination is here.

• 109 pawl250 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Mister Tuff

I agree, I feel he has potential, he showed it at Swansea. I mean the fact alone he was bought by Man City speaks somewhat volumes and attracted attention.

BUT

I agree he maybe another Gosling, Obertan ….. to much poof and not enough bang!

If I could have him as extra, why not! But if they buy and say well thats it, I will be left wanting more….. like a fat kid at fat camp! It just does not bode well with me!

• 110 JackButler // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:08 PM

• 111 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:10 PM

shut the f up pawl you have no right to preach you sirs are a piriyah on this blog you know nothing ,you sprout inane drivvel i hope you are well satisfied on here as you must get no satisfaction in real life .have a nice day now

• 112 Indian Magpie // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:11 PM

David Villa to Atletico Madrid Done deal

Call 911

• 113 Nufc-83 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Delighted all of the dead wood is going just need Shola and Ameobi to go and i will be happy about the outgoings (would keep willo for 4th choice unless we have a young cb ready to come in).

On Sinclair would love this lad we are really lacking a proper winger or even two at the club and he would be ideal.

I would be made up with the outgoings as above and the signings of 1 winger, 1 top class st who can assist as well as score and a decent proven st.

• 114 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:13 PM

@110 see@102

• 115 Nufc-83 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I meant Obertan and Ameobi lol

• 116 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:19 PM

These 15 players are either not good enough, past it or it’s too early in their development to make a suitable contribution.

Tavernier
    Williamson
    Good
    Dummett
    Street
    RTaylor
    Ferguson
    Gosling
    Jonas
    Obertan
    Sammy Ameobi
    Vuckic
    Amalfitano
    Abeid
    Shola

They can all go for me.

• 117 Indian Magpie // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:20 PM

have you seen the numbers of villa deal

• 118 JackButler // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Sinclair or Jonas on the left is a no brainer, imagine a winger that can actually beat a player, cross the ball and score’s goals……………..I’d drive to Manchester and carry the lad on my back to get him to NUFC

• 119 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:23 PM

me too jack but watch spurs pip us to the post

• 120 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:25 PM

and will the hierarchy bend to acquire this man i cant see it

• 121 Indian Magpie // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM

JB

who will get your car then? ;)

• 122 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM

indian

i havent seen any news on it

• 123 JackButler // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Indian

I’d send the misses back for it ;)

• 124 JackButler // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:27 PM

David Villa to Atletico Madrid for 4.4 million!!!!!!!!!

• 125 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:31 PM

jb

seriously?

• 126 Jammy-D // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:32 PM

We are the only club not to make a signing according to this ………… so depressing …… :’(

• 127 Indian Magpie // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM

sean

2.1 million up front 2 million are bonuses

• 128 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:35 PM

indian

i know hes 31 but… steal if its true.

• 129 Indian Magpie // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:36 PM

it is true

confirmed official

• 130 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:37 PM

indian

source?

• 131 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:38 PM

pipe and smoke it itk’s

• 132 Indian Magpie // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Sean

official websites of clubs

• 133 mindshaft // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM

As someone else has stated, Micah Richards had a serious knee injury which kept him out from October 2012 through to April 2013 – no chance we’ll get him

• 134 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM

john t

you never know mate, they said we were buying rooney and that didnt happen, if theyre saying we ARENT buying someone? lol fun n games in silly season.

• 135 toonking // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM

LR32
    what else can he do when ba was threating to leave if he was not put into the centre.
    did you want it to become guaranteed that pardew would only have ameobi as back up.
    and this was before the January window and pardew already had trouble with the carroll saga and best and loven saga.

HBA never wanted to help the FB and he always goes into the centre so all that’s left is use more CDM.

• 136 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM

its clear indian mag has eyes on all fronts not just nufcblog and newsnow as have others

• 137 AMEOBI // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Well sinclair for 5 million or David villa for 4.4m wow incredible what a buy for Athletico Madrid!

• 138 Indian Magpie // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Inside La Liga ?@InsideLaLiga 43s
    #Villa deal: Atletico pay €2,1M this year, €2M next year, and €1M if the player extends his contract

• 139 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:43 PM

indian

so it does, thats cheap as chips.

• 140 djm... // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:44 PM

FFS man, 4.5 mill for David villa? Why wherent we in for him? Mike Ashley must really hate us. First PEA and now him going to snaller clubs for affordable prices. I would defiantly have signed them on FM, along with alderwield, bentekke, zarate, remy and mcamanaman.

• 141 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:44 PM

if ashley has a mike news service why is it not in use the it guys must not be able to get it up and to stay up

• 142 John Tudor // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:45 PM

@djm you getting the picture now

• 143 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM

We would never pay Villa’s wages regardless of how much the transfer fee was.

• 144 ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~ // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I see QPR are quickly becoming the club we give our unwanteds to…

First Joey, then Simmo and now gosling… reckon we can get Dog face to take Obertan as well?

• 145 SeanNufc87 // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM

gosling going to palace not qpr

• 146 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Gosling is going to Palace isn’t he?

• 147 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 8, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Barca will apparantly get 50% of any future sale from Villa

• 148 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Seems this Sinclair affair is a non starter.

The Toon knows nothing about it.

• 149 stuart no9 // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:01 PM

bent and sinclair – wow cant wait. championship players , champion ship performances , championship here we come .

• 150 ~ Phoenix Warrior Perch~ // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:06 PM

ah my bad X.x

• 151 Sazzer // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Ian Toon
    1 more year of experience. :P Seriously though, it was more a general estimation. If you compare prices of Ince, Johnson, Jarvis etc. it wouldn’t be still be pretty good deal at 7 m.

• 152 Slank // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:11 PM

DJM @ 140

‘..First PEA and now him going to snaller clubs for affordable prices..’

I think you will find that Borussia Dortmund is both bigger and more successfull (which club isn’t?) than us.

Like Aubameyang, it also looks like prices were not a factor in Villa choosing Atletico Madrid.

• 153 Sazzer // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:12 PM

That last part made no sense. 4 m £ is great deal and 7 m £ would be decent deal.

• 154 beddersmag // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Djm

Smaller clubs is debatable mate. Champs league finalists and a top spanish side. Cant blame either imo

• 155 Joe Blog // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM

For all the supposed background work we do on transfer targets, we sure know how to string out negotiations, everything is so protracted with this club.

Who thinks we’ll have a signing before our first friendly a week tomorrow?

• 156 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Dortmund 2nd in German league.
    Ath. Mad. 3rd in spanish. Looked at one point like they might get 2nd.

Smaller clubs than Newcastle???

• 157 djm... // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Lads I was only joking, a mock attempt at some othe posters on here. Of course Dortmund and athletico are in another universe compared to us! Haha.

• 158 djm... // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I thought that may have been obvious with the FM comment and players we should sign!

• 159 p // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I imagine villa wanted to stay in spain and was not even open to a move elsewher otherwise he could have easily earned more in england

• 160 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Djm

Thank goodness for that.
    Thought we were going to have to send for the men in white coats to put you in one of those jackets with tight sleeves :D

• 161 beddersmag // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Djm

Ha ha had me there. Crazy thing is theres a few share that opinion :-)

• 162 Slank // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM

beddersmag @ 154

Just to add that David Villa is 31 and is probably on his last big pay cheque move and why wouldn’t a Spanish player not want to play for a large Spanish club in the capital of Spain?

• 163 Sazzer // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I think it’s big chance we get Gamerio signed within 2 weeks.

• 164 Slank // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM

‘..I think it’s big chance we get Gamerio signed within 2 weeks..’

Any particular reason Sazzer ?

• 165 ToonDanno // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:26 PM

So how many of you believe we’re signing Sinclair due to sky sports slashing there odds because they might lose some money?

• 166 p // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:26 PM

@163 its got to be a possibility, clearly blanc is going to try to get cabaye so there is scope for a deal

Still think we may end up with remy – we are in a nightclub, all the decent lasses have been pulled and with our beer belly and bad dress sense we are runing out of options – just the fat lass with issues (remy)

• 167 Markaccus // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I might be a bit behind today, looks like gomez is off to fiorentina.

• 168 toon kk // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM

What a strange club we are, we’re run like a club that has spent years in the championship and has just been promoted and cash is very tight. For f..k sake we’re a big premier league club with NO ambition. I’ve come to the consultation its best not to give a sh.t. If we get relegated its sad for us as fans but it would serve MA rite. What a joke!

• 169 Sazzer // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM

He’s likely to be sold with Cavani coming in.
    He’s training with PSG youth team according to Twitter.
    Transfer24_7 even says Newcastle have made bid for him.
    Indikalia said we had officials in Paris.
    Dortmund is out of the picture.
    and most importantly he’s french

Things speaking against us signing him would be that we already have Gouffran, other clubs and the lovely people in charge.

• 170 Sazzer // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM

And the Cabaye situation certainly will have influence on all of it.

• 171 JG83 // Jul 8, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I am happy to be linked with Sinclair. I think he wasted a year at man city and really needs to look at a club who will give him game time. I think playing with cabaye and Ben arfa will bring his game on as well.
    I am still hoping for Tom ince to come through the door. Heard Kev Phillips on talksport last week saying he rated him higher the zaha and he played with both. Would be good if we could get one of them and remy, even bent.

previous post: Another Englishman Gets Closer To The Newcastle Door