Some Bad Bets Being Placed On Newcastle?

We were kind of hoping the news form Sky Sports earlier today may have even been accurate, with large bets being placed on Newcastle signing Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair.

scott sinclair

Scott Sinclair – Newcastle no nothing about any contact

The odds had been cut dramatically to 1/4 on this morning, and SkyBet were wondering if the punters were in the know and knew what was going on.

But in an exclusive from Sports Direct News they say that Newcastle are “unaware” of reports linking the club with a bid for Manchester City’s 24 year-old winger Scott Sinclair.

Sports Direct News is reporting that a Newcastle spokesman “has poured cold water over any potential move.”

The Newcastle spokesperson had this to say:

“We’re unaware of those bets. I don’t know where that information has come from, so I can’t really say much more.”

Of course that statement doesn’t exactly say flat-out that Newcastle are not in for the player, and they cannot say much more – maybe until after Scott signs along the dotted line for Newcastle?

We’ll have to wait and see, and the news of a possible signing could be completely untrue – but for around £3M Scott – a goal-scoring winger – could be a decent buy for Newcastle.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• belgrade fan

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Toon Danno

So what is happening with that? still advances talks? just asking

• Markaccus

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM

From last

Re cabaye. I suppose the obvious would be cash+gameiro, if he has had a change of heart about fighting for his place

• Joe Blog

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Sportsdirectnews:

Set-up purely as a device to further muddy waters at NUFC.

• p

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM

The club are hardly going to admit any interest anyway

• Santon03

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM

wow

Baresi, Maldini, Ginola, Costacurta will be in St. Jame’s Park for Harper’s testimonial match

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Is this the same sports direct website that stated we bid for Rooney?

• Unbelievable Tekkers

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I gave up the hope of us signing Sinclair this morning after I saw that Colin on twitter said we had agreed a fee.

• JG83

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I hope this is true about Sinclair. I think he wasted a year at man city and really needs to look at a club who will give him game time. I think playing with cabaye and Ben arfa will bring his game on as well.
    I am still hoping for Tom ince to come through the door. Heard Kev Phillips on talksport last week saying he rated him higher the zaha and he played with both. Would be good if we could get one of them and remy, even bent.

• Markaccus

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Tekkers

You mean you dont believe him? I find your lack of faith disturbing #sith force-choke#

• scout

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM

You can’t get decent amounts on with the bookies anyway on these markets I have tried in the past its a waste of time. They use it as a pr exercise. Don’t believe the hype

• Joe Blog

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Cabaye’s gone. I’m resigned to that. The manager who gave him his international debut, has come out and said he wants him at one of the richest clubs in the world, which is in his homeland’s capital, they are targeting conquering the CL and will at least double his wages.

What’s the least MA will accept? Probably £20m, but will play hardball I’m sure.

I’d take £12m and Menez, who’s contract expires next summer. Obertan, but with control and direction when dribbling and speed of thought to match his pace, also, buddies with HBA. Then you use the cash to bring in Siem De Jong – easy-peasy. ST and we’re sorted.

Ahhh, there’s a sample of my pipedream summer…

• scout

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Cracked on to harper a few times in the half moon, he’s a good lad

• swemag

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM

This would be a fantastic signing. Him on one side and Ben Arfa on the other with Cisse in the middle. It certainly works for me. And the price, even at 5 Million I think he would be an excellent buy.
    Anybody knows about his attitude? The club have, and rightly so, been looking not only at footballing skills but also what goes on in the head of the players they are approaching the last few years, whats the status of Sinclair, troublemaker?

• GeordieTwo

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Hi Joe. Back to work yet? Did you unearth any hidden gems for us while on holiday? No rush but could you please start doing the job you’re actually being paid for? We’re all very happy that you’re getting some much needed rest after 4 years off but still… Players to watch with Graham, chats with Mike and Alan. It all still needs doing. But again no hurry Joe, it’s not like other clubs are signing anyone after all.

• Stevenage Magpie

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Toon Danno,

Stick you neck on the line and give us an expected announcement date for Remy. Just your personal view I don’t expect you to know the date exactly

• ToonDanno

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Always rubbish! :). Progressing in all the right ways mate.

• ToonDanno

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I would say Friday but I don’t know that exactly So don’t hold me to Friday ;p

• Joe Blog

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM

ToonDanno

Another itk who’ll bite the dust by the end of the week.

• SeanNufc87

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Realistically whats the minimum amount of players we need to compete next season?

MINIMUM

• pawl250

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Toon Danno

U better not be full of it!!

• swemag

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Remy buy Friday is it? What happened to JK being on holidays?

• croftus5678

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:20 PM

sinclair would be awsome signing and if other rumours are true that we have a bid agreed with psg for gamerio also i’ll b over the moon.

on cabaye he’s our best midfelder but sissoko/anita are not far behind him if i had confidence these funds from his sale would be put into other transfers i would say accept 25mil (sadly i dont so i say keep him)

• pawl250

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Toon Danno

U better not be full of it!! We all want and hope!

• JG83

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:20 PM

What’s happening with this de Jong deal. I thought it was at advanced stages at the end of last week. Still nothing on sky sports which is the only half reliable source there is currently.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM

See the Mackems are getting Altidore. Looks like 5under1and might have a decent team next year wit Di Canio. Fletcher & Altidore up front anyway. The rest of the team is miles away. If we don’t sign anyone this week I might explode.

• Joe Blog

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Why is it always the braindead who call into Totalsport?

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Pardew just been interviewed on BBC Total Sport just caught end of part 1 but part 2 is on in 10-15 minutes

• leazes upper ( moved to the gallowgate )

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Id say about 7 atm. More if more leave because i dont think most of the kids are ready for the 1st team yet.

On sinclair id definately sign him. Pards would probably still play jonas though

• GeordieTwo

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:25 PM

The statements from Pardew don’t exactly fill me with confidence that he and Joe are going to get on well. Alan thinks Alan is the boss and Joe begs to differ. That’s what I see coming. Does all of this really make sense to Ashley? I hope Carr is just ignoring it all and getting on with his job without Joe’s brilliant input. If Pardew and Carr are coming up with the names to put to Kinnear who then speaks with Ashley before handing it over to Charnley then why do we need Kinnear again? Director of f*** all indeed.

• Joe Blog

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Speaks with the cadence of Morse code, this knacker! Excruciating!

• Laurent Robert 32

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Does anyone on here run the AlanPardewNUFC Twitter account? Funny stuff if you do.

• croftus5678

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:28 PM

@24

thats because its rubbish lol
    if we lose cabaye then maybe we will look at him but why would we go for another midfielder when we are allready packed full of them !

joke-kinear has allready said he’s looking to gain players in weaker areas and lose them in well stocked areas hence perchy going so we have bigi/cabaye/anita/sissoko/marv/tiote all fighting for 2 positions.

• Sazzer

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:29 PM

AJAX ENGLAND ?@Ajax_ENG
    De Boer: If a club called regarding Siem de Jong, and there is a good deal, we will shake hands and wish each other good luck. #AJAX

Latest on De Jong.

• toon kk

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:32 PM

The main objective of this transfer window is to have a clear out and keep our wage bill down. All this talk of us in for players is just speculation. Expect a smaller squad next season. I bet we bring just one player in and he’ll have to be cheap. I know alot of fans get excited about different signings we might get but im afraid your going to be disappointed.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Kone, Sinclair, Remy, the names go on and on but it’s all just rumours. No real bids, no medicals, no shirts held up at the ground. No Kinnear, a few unhappy sounding comments from Pardew. SNAFU I say.

• ToonDunno

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Remy’s off to turkey…

• Bearsize

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Sinclair is a good player, however pardew doesnt like width for some reason, so its a non starter for me. Who would he drop really? He has his 11 knights and no one can touch them. I do want him though

• JG83

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Cheers sazzer, hardly advanced stages on some would have you beleive.
    I am gonna name 10 players and then if I get lucky and we sign one of them I can say that mike Ashley is my uncle.
    Not having a go at the supposed itk’s on this blog as it does give me hope on a day to day basis. Just don’t pretend you know more then us when really you don’t. I don’t even think joe kinnear has an idea who we r buying yet.

• Tsunki

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Joe Blog – cadence? Hang on I thought erudition was prohibited? Do you want me to rattle off a pretentious poem about hypocrisy? 😉

Having said that, agreed – totalsport is the venue of the slack of jaw and feeble of wit.

• Tsunki

Jul 8, 2013 at 6:38 PM

ITK’s are as vulnerable to the law of averages as we all are to the law of gravity. When you come to terms with the fact that MA doesn’t know what’s gonna happen on a day-to-day basis, you realise that the ITK is a mythical creature.

1 2 3 5