The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Reported After Dutch International Midfielder

10:30 am, Tuesday, July 9th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 145 Comments

There are reports in Holland that both Newcastle and Norwich City are after FC Twente central midfielder Leroy, and it seems his club are ready to let him move on.

Eredivisie Match: Feyenoord v FC Utrecht

Leroy Fer – Newcastle interested?

But the FC Twente Chairman Joop Munsterman wants €10M for his International midfielder, before his club will let him move to his preferred destination – which is England.

Munsterman had this to say in De Telegraaf today:

“Those guys are on the verge of a transfer, so it makes no sense for them to come [to training]. The players want to leave.”

“The club knows where it stands. We have no problem in making the sale, but you never know.” “You have to see what happened with Everton. They were initially going to pay €10M, but eventually lowered it by about €2M.”

€10M is about £8.5M, and that will be a high fee for Newcastle to pay out this summer for a central midfielder, unless Yohan Cabaye leaves the club.

It’s also interesting that Norwich City seem to be interested in a number of Newcastle’s targets this summer, but that’s probably because Chris Hughton had known about the players while he was at Newcastle.

And Fer is not participating in pre-season training, so it seems FC Twente want the deal done.

The 23 year-old started his career at Feyenoord back in 1999, when he was nine years old and then moved in the summer of 2011 to FC Twente, and the player was closely linked with Everton last January.

And the deal was expected to go through but it didn’t – and according to the Chairman that was because Everton dropped the price they were willing to pay for the Dutch International.

The 6’2″ Fer has played for all the Dutch Youth sides and 31 times for the U21 team, and he has two full caps.

He played 126 times for Feyenoord with 16 goals, and for FC Twente he has played 77 times with 21 goals, so he certainly can score goals from central midfield – and that’s something Newcastle could use next season.

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

145 responses so far ↓

• 1 JackButler // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Forget about central players, we need wingers and strikers

• 2 cyprus // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Did AP say he already has a team to beat Man City at City?

• 3 richyg01 // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM

On SSN that he is a target of Everton, but it is infact Norwich who are in the driving seat for him

• 4 G // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM

The guy has an excellent work-rate, but I do have doubts over his ability to read a game at speed. Not sure the prem is the league for him to be in to be honest. Always thought this lad would look at home in Italy where you get a lot of time on the ball. Still, all those scouts who rate him highly cant be wrong can they?

• 5 cyprus // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Agree JB

• 6 richyg01 // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Charlie Austin Failed Hull medical due to shoulder injury:

• 7 richyg01 // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Cardiff City are closing in on the signing of Blackpool ace Tom Ince, Sky Sports understands. It is understood that Ince and his father Paul held talks with Cardiff on Monday about a move to the Premier League new boys.

• 8 cyprus // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM

How good is Ince? Can you compare him to any player

• 9 richyg01 // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM

PSG have offered £43M for Cavani, but Napoli wont let him leave for less than his £54M buy out clause.

That’s mental money.

• 10 richyg01 // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM

@ 8

Ince’s playing style is much like Ryan Giggs. He usually plays as a left winger but some of his best performances so far have been where he is played in attacking midfield, in a supporting role for a striker, allowing him to link up play and make some troubling runs at the exposed opposition back-four

• 11 numba9 // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Get Scott Sinclair in now why wait ? Get bent on a basic wage with bonuses if will be hungry for goals Micah Richards and have a punt on Austin if he failed med at hull Marveaux failed at Liverpool but we got him in quickly

• 12 Raffo // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM

PAW – agree mate, though I dont think Sakho/Richards are as out of reach as we think. Sinclair too. The De Jong brothers would add so much depth and quality, add Remy and I am one happy bunny

• 13 richyg01 // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM

@11

My thoughts exactly on Austin, if its a shoulder injury, its not crucial to his game. Like Bruce said, he has barely missed a game in over two years.

• 14 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Sign:

Benteke
    Remy
    Zarate
    Siem De Jong
    Mcmanaman
    Alderweireld

Job done.

• 15 Rotonda heights // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Poor old Carr scouted Fer when he was only 3M!!

• 16 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:52 AM

all these targets we are after it’s giving me a headache, why don’t we all face it and no quality players are coming in we will get rejects and rejects only

• 17 richyg01 // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM

@16

Based on what exactly?

• 18 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM

i will stick my head up and say you are correct b+w

• 19 tequilamag // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Kets if we signed all those players we would have 21 foreign players. We are only allowed 17 in the squad.

• 20 Jamiemac // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Haha Kets’ list getting more and more realistic, still persists with Alderweireld though ;)

Are Siem and Luuk De Jong brothers?

• 21 Rowan Milsted // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I actually voted against signing Remy as I was having visions of another Ranger-esque player but I may have spoken too soon. After all, you’re innocent until proven guilty and there’s nothing concrete to suggest this guy is guilty. As for his decision to join QPR over us – it was very foolish and obviously driven by money so the guy is perhaps a bit greedy. He also probably has a greedy agent nagging in his ear and he had floppy chops nagging in the other one. Ultimately he made a mistake – I’ve made plenty myself. So long as he’s innocent I think he’d be a very good signing.

I also think Bent would be a good signing for up to (but no more than) £6. He will score goals for us. I’m not sure exactly how it will work with him and Cisse up top but I can imagine him thriving with Gouffran and HBA flanking him, or perhaps Marveaux and Remy around him. He’s the type of player who’ll be able to poach a vital goal for us when we really need it. He is past his best, but he’s still got goals in him and is a proven PL goal scorer available on the cheap. I’d prefer Bony but Remy and Bent – yes please.

I like the sound of Fer a lot but I can’t see us paying out for a CM unless Cabaye leaves. I’d rather he stays.

• 22 Rowan Milsted // Jul 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Ha, I mean £6m! I think we’d all sign Bent for £6.

• 23 Toon_Tom // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I agree with Rowan – I would also sign Best for £6 ;)

• 24 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:00 AM

richyg01

based on the fact that AP says that Bent & Remy are top players, Bent is sh!t totally sh!t, and Remy is due in court for rape so in my view Bent is another Shola and Remy is another Ranger something that Newcastle don’t need at the club

• 25 Spoof // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Jamiemac@20
    Yes they are brothers m8, he did get that right !

• 26 Rowan Milsted // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Toon_Tom

But what if you had to pay an additional 10% signing on fee..?

• 27 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Alderweireld is a realistic target. We need a goalscoring defender.

• 28 Joe Blog // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM

The reason Austin failed his medical at Hull, is because he has dislocated his shoulder 3 times in the last 4 years, although the last occurrence was back in 2011. I’d stick a £3m bid in for him, with a couple of our youngsters going their way on-loan for the season – the likes of Tav and Sammy.

• 29 pawl250 // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Kets your list changes EVERY time lol

I would personally be happy with

Siem De Jong (max 8m), Remy (max 9m)

Sell Shola, Obertan and Gosling. 2-3m Plus Perch 1m (rounded)

Wont happen but net spend of 13m

Would strengthen us considerably though ;)

We also have Santon and Debuchy who both can play an advanced role for cover for wingers.

Feel central defence could use an extra body… N’Koulou perhaps we have been linked with? With Colo getting on, STaylor always injured and Williamson not good enough! Better have the defender in and not need him, than need him and not have him.

Plus Perchy has gone leaving us slight short on that front! I do not know how much he would cost!?

• 30 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Sammy Moore could be a good signing from AFC Wimbledon.

• 31 Alan_Pard_Who // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Apparently Williamson was offered as part exchange for Remy but QPR asked for Taylor.

Also Sakho might be wanting to leave PSG.

I hope Willo goes and Sakho arrives.

• 32 croftus5678 // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM

i would put my house on us not signing any cm/am player we have far far too many there allready at 1st team lvl even if cabaye goes we have more than 2 teams worth there unless ofc its for the dev squad !

atleast a left winger if we are going 442 or a remy type if we are going for 433 bt if we go 433 we will need someone who can do cisse’s job in the middle imo bent is suited to this as he doesnt have to be mobile to push there back lines so goofy/remy/arfa/marv can run in behind.

• 33 richyg01 // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM

@31

Yes, Sakho wants to leave PSG, Liverpoo or Monaco are being touted as possible destinations – we can’t compete with either.

• 34 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Sakho want’s first team games i very much doubt AP will drop either Colo, MYM or Taylor for Sakho plus i would bet that JFK has never heard of him and doesn’t rate him at all

• 35 Rowan Milsted // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I would be gutted if we sold/exchanged Taylor. A loyal servant like him leaving as part of a deal for Remy would not sit well with me. I think we’re already a bit short in CD anyways so selling Taylor would leave us in urgent need of a good CB. I’m pretty sure this story has no truth to it as it seems too unfeasible… but you never know with nufc!

• 36 richyg01 // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM

We need 2 wingers who can cross a ball, and we need two strikers who can put the ball in the net.

• 37 richyg01 // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Phew.. Hull are in the driving seat to sign free agent Carlton Cole.

Finally, we can cross one off the unwanted list!!

• 38 NUFCarter // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM

My brother (a norwich fan) has read leroy fer is set to join Norwich for 8.5 million and is expected to have a medical later this week. They are also in talks with Jozy altidore (rather there than Sunderland).

Charlie Austin has failed his medical at Hull and Tom ince is in talks with Cardiff.

• 39 Rowan Milsted // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM

croftus5678

Yeah I agree with the Bent thing. I think he could thrive with players like HBA, Goffran, Remy & Marv around/behind him. He can sit up top and hopefully remain onside!

• 40 Alan_Pard_Who // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM

If Sakho came here I guarantee it’d be Santon that would be dropped.

Mapou wold be LB with a Colo-Sakho pairing at CB.

Santon could then perhaps have a go at LW?

• 41 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Rowan Milsted

very true mate, swapping Taylor for Remy is a disaster but like you said you’ll never know with Newcastle

• 42 croftus5678 // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM

@39 rowan

lol ye good point never thought of that >.<

• 43 Alan_Pard_Who // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Why is swapping Taylor for Remy a ‘disaster’?

• 44 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Alan_Pard_Who

Sakho can also play LB, could be good but it will never happen

• 45 Rotonda heights // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Rowan

Watch all the goals and not given penalties Saylor was at fault for v Sunderland, Liverpool, Southampton and in Lisbon. He gets turned so easily it’s untrue.

Yes he gives his all but when did that ever mean you were good enough? I’ve had enough of his antics and chest thumping. He loves the club when it suits him but he would have left if not given higher wages a couple of years back.

Saylor is 27, error and more importantly very injury prone. He’ll never have the footballing ability of Colo or the speed of MYM. Pardew is his biggest fan so if even he is willing to let him go let’s get it done.

Remy will give us pace and goals, can play out wide and we go back to a potent 433 and Remy plays where Ba refused to any more. Its win win.

• 46 croftus5678 // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM

personal opinion is saylor and williamson are lower half prem defenders imo (overated on there good days with us and underated on there bad days with us) neither should be in our 1st team and should be 3rd/4th choice at best !

i would love to see a young cb with potential come in and get used to the prem for a season before going into main team and collo leaving us next year or so (douglas/sakho would have been great to sign at this point for next season imo)

• 47 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Alan_Pard_Who

we lack in defense so why on earth would we swap Taylor + 6 million to QPR just to bring in Remy, so if this did happen you’ll be happy with Colo, MYM & Willo as our defenders with no other defenders coming in? i wouldn’t think so.

• 48 Alan_Pard_Who // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Black and White

It would only be a disaster then if a replacement wasn’t brought in.

I have no confidence in the regime but if we swapped Taylor for Remy and brought in a quality CB it would actually be a good thing IMO.

Taylor is overrated because he is a local lad.

• 49 Rotonda heights // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Remy is not another ranger, he actually scores goals

• 50 martoon // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Strange one about Charlie Austin – if I remember rightly Saylor had this problem but he had an op to pin it and he has been fine ever since. On the subject of Saylor some on here are suggesting he is past it but I’m sure he was called into the England squad last season – s he can’t be that bad ;)

• 51 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM

there’s no way in hell that Taylor is valued at 2 million, haven’t we all forgot that he’s English and being English doesn’t that mean that he’s expensive like many other English players in the league?!

• 52 Mr Funk // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM

What i don’t understand is that if Remy has a relegation release clause in his contract and Pardew wants Remy, How come we have got Remy by now?

• 53 Ian Toon // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Rotonda@ 45

Spot on.

• 54 Rotonda heights // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Maybe we could do with getting rid of someone who won’t play enough games. England call up meant diddly still couldn’t get a game when ironically nearly every other CH was out injured

• 55 Rowan Milsted // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM

b&w

Newcastle might be on the verge of signing Remy, Bent, De Jong & Sakho in a £22m dream deal… Or they may be about to bring Boumsong back to St. James’ for £7.5m…. Or perhaps the club will swap its collective mothers for a Sorts Direct bag and digital watch… Or we may just do nothing at all. It’s nice to be kept guessing, eh? ;)

Rotonda

To be fair you make a good case for your point. I do recall seeing Taylor dicing with red cards/penalties a few times and he does get turned quite easily – as does Colo, plus Colo has no pace. Still love him, though. Sometimes Taylor reminds me of Carragher in that respect – loyal, strong, committed and a borderline fouler! Whilst I se your point I also remember him making vital last-ditch tackles, great blocks and winning big headers. For me hi pros outweigh his cons by far and I am a big fan of his. To be fair though I am a bit of an armchair chest-thumper! What’s interesting to me is that I never realised a fair few fan felt this way about him until just recently. I kinda thought everyone loved him as I do.

• 56 Alan_Pard_Who // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Called into the England squad after about 8 withdrawals.

• 57 Spoof // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Forget about the swap deal between Remy and Taylor, its just a piece of garbage from a trash newspaper, Remy has a relegation release clause in his contract, which is believed to be £6m, it this is the case then why would we offer Taylor as well as the £6m, this is lazy journalism, so in a sense the report is suggesting that Taylor would be a free transfer.

• 58 Rotonda heights // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM

ian

peace out !!

• 59 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Mr Funk

probably his wages, i can’t see MA paying high wages for him and if he did i can see the likes of Cisse, HBA & Cabaye asking for more wages leaving Newcastle’s wage budget very high

• 60 Ian Toon // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Mr Funk- how come we haven’t got him?

Because we’re looking to mitigate the possibility of him being charged with rape and thereafter of being found guilty and sentenced.
    We need to offload the risk either financially or legally.

• 61 Rowan Milsted // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Spoof

I think you’re right there.

• 62 Rotonda heights // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM

rowan

was it alan hansen who said if you have to keep making last ditch tackles you haven’t read the situation in the first place.
    if as you say Colo is slow although he reads the game well we can’t afford him and Taylor together when we have MYM’s crucially important pace.

• 63 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Spoof

spot on mate

• 64 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM

how much is Sinclair was it 4 or 6 million?

• 65 toon kk // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM

We’re the biggest joke in the premier league. All revolves around penny pinching and stupid mistakes.

• 66 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM

toon kk

well said

• 67 Bambams // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Why do we take so long to sign players. …. I am all for haggling to some extent but this system is almost cutting your nose off to spite your face…..

Pay some money ! We need decent strikers and they dont come on Groupon !

• 68 Rowan Milsted // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Rotonda

Yup, and it’s a fair point to an extent. I used to play in goal and am now training myself to play CB as my wrist is buggered. I constantly find myself making last-ditch tackles because I turn like a battleship and have no pace. So there is definitely truth to that statement and Taylor is not the quickest. Colo also reads the game better than him, as you say, and has slightly better positioning. However, I think Taylor’s positioning is pretty good, as his his strength and ability in the air. He’s played through many injuries that have hampered his career, but not ended it, and he’s also been part of an all-too-often poor defence over the years. He’s often been the best part of our defence by far. Colo is great but is also 31. I think we need to keep Taylor, not only for his ability, but also for his leadership and passion to the Toon. He’s a good rolemodel for other players.

• 69 Rowan Milsted // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM

b&w

£6m

• 70 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Bambams

MA & CO are waiting for other teams to take our targets, leaving AP & JFK with speeches saying we couldn’t get them over the line

• 71 JackButler // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM

toon kk

The penny pinching we can deal with it’s the stupidity of everything else thats the problem, the infamous 8 year contract and the fact that Ashley would not only be stupid enough to employ Joe Kinnear once, but that he actually thought it would a good move him bring him back to the club

• 72 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM

6 million, well i think we should get him well before Remy

• 73 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM

we are in a sorry state no light at the end of a infinite tunnel and led by fools

• 74 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 11:55 AM

douglas to hannover we couldn’t sign a tea lady

• 75 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM

a mate of mine who is a taxi driver said last Saturday that MA total finances was over 2 billion with his businesses, i can’t wait to hear someone say he couldn’t afford players we are after

• 76 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:03 PM

thats correct but thats his money we cant touch that we would end up more in his dept

• 77 Rotonda heights // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Aren’t we all going a bit over the top on signings/
    is it that bad?

Krul

Debs Colo MYM Santon

Sissoko Cabs Anita

Benny Cisse Marveaux

Plus:- Haidara, Goofy, Tiote, Jonas, Saylor, Bigi, Campbell. M’babu for starters

Yes we do need a striker and a CB

Rowan

Well reasoned argument re-Taylor, but just think we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one.

• 78 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM

be gone demon son of satan hahah

• 79 JackButler // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Black and White with an army lol

It doesn’t matter how much his personal wealth is or how much his accumulative business wealth amount’s to, he’s not gonna bank roll the club with signing’s, the clubs finances itself, that’s the model his using

• 80 Rotonda heights // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM

B & W w a a lol

I think a lot of it is tied up in his businesses’, ie not liquid cash he can readily lay his hands on without selling off assets

• 81 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM

has krul not just had discomnockerated shoulder what if …..
    it doesn’t bear thinkingg about

• 82 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM

@ rotunda thats why he uses nufc to save him his assets staying intact at sd

• 83 Black and White with an army lol // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Rotonda heights

Newcastle have a good team but like every season we always suffer with injuries in key positions which leads to players playing out of positions and also bring on young useless players like Sammy or AP star player Jonas & Shola

• 84 pawl250 // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:10 PM

We have bought

Sissoko, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Anita, Debuchy, Santon, Mbiwa, Gouffran

ALL for a decent price?! How are we a joke?! These players will improve and increase in value.

• 85 toon kk // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:11 PM

No one’s saying we should spend silly money but if a club like Newcastle can’t afford a top striker its SAD. Look at Swansea they know they need strengthening so they do. Are they bigger than us? We have no ambition and the board are to thick to see what we need. There’s some pacy reasonable priced players but Again MA doesn’t want to pay their wages.

• 86 Joe Blog // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:11 PM

The hysteria on this blog is laughable. With a few exceptions, what a load of drips.

• 87 JAMSHA // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Just hammerd scums 5-1 on fm 13, currently 9th 1 game to go …

line up

——————–Krul————-

Debu———-Saylor–Colo—————Haidara

—————Capoue—Cabaye——

Marvo————————————–Fischer

————–Pea————-Rhodes————-

• 88 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM

hahah
    wow

• 89 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM

3 years down the pan

• 90 pawl250 // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Let me break it down in my last post!

We have bought

Sissoko 3m, Cabaye 4m, Tiote 2.5m, Ben Arfa 6m, Marveaux FREE, Anita 6m, Debuchy 6m, Santon 5m, Mbiwa 7m, Gouffran FREE

40m! That is some going to sign those type of players!

YET we still complain we are “tight” when we look for the right deal.

Look at our starting line up right now…

———————- Krul ———————- 500k

Anita 5m
    Jonas 7m
    Marveaux FREE
    Shola HG

Bench 15m

Total 52m

Thats pretty good going for a PL team!

Considering we had the likes of Martins, Duff, Smith, Owen, Viduka in our team before!

We have a great set up, yet people complain!

• 91 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:19 PM

maybe great players but sadly a poor setup

• 92 JAMSHA // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:20 PM

hahaha scums relegated

drew with fools 3-3

finishd 9th

pea top scorer = 20 goals

rhodes = 17

• 93 Jamiemac // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Rotonda

Mildly optimistic today?

I agree with regards not going OTT. Don’t you think a LW will be helpful too? Too often Marv goes missing especially in that position and not sure Goofy is the full package for LW. But I agree and CB to push Colo and MYM and a ST as back-up to Cisse is necessary.

• 94 martoon // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Looks like Remy might have some company in court:-

• 95 JackButler // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM

pawl250

People complain because Ashley fails to deliver the players we need when we need them, all the players we signed in January are very good players and all will improve our squad ………….BUT…………….we should have been signing them last summer to carry over the momentum of our 5th place finish and not when we were under threat of relegation.

We sold Carrol and were left woefully short up front and it took him SIX months to replace him and then we sell Ba and we are still waiting for his replacement.

And then there’s the appointment of Joe Kinnear (twice) not to mention that 8 year bloody contract for a man who’s claim to fame is winning the Johnston Pain Trophy.

Our scouting set up is top class but is rendered useless by our second rate coaching set up.

Basically there is every right to complain when a man who get’s many things right is also consistantly getting the biggest decisions completely wrong

• 96 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM

exactly jack paying fans deserve to complain

• 97 pawl250 // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Jamsha,

I played FM, bought Okore, Mbiwa and a German central midfielder Schmidbelach or something recommended by Carr DM/CM. Don’t know how you could afford PEA, but I finished 4th and won the League Cup in my first season.

2nd season am 3rd about 4 points from top, I added Clyne and got Lukaku on loan lol……

I play 4-1-2-1-2

——————— Krul ———————
    Clyne — Mbiwa —– Colo — Santon
    ——————– Tiote ——————–
    ———– Cabaye — Anita ————–
    —————— Ben Arfa —————–
    ———- Cisse ———— Ba ————-

I am sure I have another couple of signings, nothing big a central midfielder I think and a CAM.

Its been a while lol

• 98 Jamiemac // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM

If we had no injuries at all in the season (which won’t happen) then the squad is more than capable to be pushing the top 6.

• 99 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Isn’t the news being recycled these days?

Anyways nothing is going to happen while Joke K is on vacation!

• 100 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM

…or should is just call him Joke? :D lol

• 101 Rotonda heights // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Jamiemac

I think if Pardew is sanctioning a Remy Saylor swap then fair play to him. Got to be happy with that.

• 102 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM

wahoo if thats the case if benteke leaves bent may not

• 103 Jamiemac // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Get French Football ?@GFN_France 1m

LATEST: Blanc drops hint that Mamadou #Sakho will leave #PSG. More here: http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/transfer-update-mamadou-sakho/ … #LFC #NUFC #ASM

this would be quality

• 104 pawl250 // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Jack

I see the frustration, but look at it like this….

Pardew finished 5th, our highest since Bobby, after being relegated I never thought we could do that.

Then we have a poor season, mixed with EL which as much as people say is not an excuse it was standing proof when watching our players the PL after an away EL fixture that it takes a toll. We looked tired, and dejected.

16th is a poor finish, but as Pardew said it was very deserving of our perfomances. He was right, a win would have taken us 10th possibly higher into a “false” position.

The biggest negative about last season was INJURIES. By far we were struggling,

Krul – Missed a handful of games
    Debuchy – Suspension and came in Jan
    Simpson – Injured!
    Mbiwa – Came in Jan, a revelation!
    Colo – Injured for about HALF the season!
    Santon – Just played over half a season!
    Haidara – Injured, lucky it was not a break!

Cabaye – Out for half a season!
    Tiote – Out for half the season, and AFCN duty.
    Sissoko – Came in Jan, played what? 6-7 games got injured!
    Ben Arfa – Played 1/4 of a season… IF THAT!

The list goes on, but what made it worse was back up was injured, RTaylor, Marv, Gosling, Shola it was chaotic!

We had Campbell, Street and a few other youngsters on the bench, Dummett was called back from loan! It was a massive issue!

Needs resolved, but every club has injuries is the argument, and I agree Arfa and STaylor will not be fit a whole season! BUT we had more than just 1-2-3 or even 4 players out, we had half a squad!, not team!, squad!

Could have been a different story otherwise, So I ask wait and see what happens, wait and see how we start and not one game against a team that has a player were 1 or 2 players cost more than are whole starting 11 and bench!

Just wait and see, we will have a better year! Just how much better is the question!

Time will tell.

Its also worthy to say we have a stronger team, in my opinion than this time last year. Minus Ba, we look alot stronger.

We just need to get a couple strikers in, which both AP and JK have acknowledged!

• 105 Raffo // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I would love Sakho to come, certainly we could be in the driving seat if Cabs wants to leave. Even if not, I would certainly try and get him in, swap Saylor/Willo for Remy and we are only Siem De Jong away from a class team. Anita can step up, Siss can move further back where he likes to be. Oh I have weed a little

• 106 low fell mag // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Absolutely fantastic news that we are after Remmy and Bent,,and it has come from the horses mouth.
    Now lets see if Big Joes mouth can get these 2 players over the line.
    Really excited as these 2 will really kick this team on ,providing Mr Pardew has learned his lesson from last year and attacks the opposition with round pegs in round holes .
    Fingers crossed!

• 107 pawl250 // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM

It would be worth noting, I am not a great fan of Pardew.

I was far from overjoyed on his appointment and remained skeptical until 5th finish. Then I thought great!

But I now am skeptical again, yet level headed enough to realise last season he had some extreme circumstances.

SAHKO would be amazing! But I just cannot see it happening, it would almost ensure STaylor or Willo out the door.

• 108 Jail for Ashley // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:49 PM

pawl,
    We are a joke because we cannot see to organize a pi$$ up in a brewey, yes we have signed some good players but have totally undermined their bding here with some of the most bizarre decision making outside of the Venky family.

• 109 Novocastrian66 // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Jamsha, Do youe seriously believe anyone is interested in your FM game?
    Give it a rest mate.

• 110 pawl250 // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Just imagine – not just a dream, its a wet dream!

——————— Krul —————-
    Debuchy – Sahko – Colo – Mbiwa
    ———— Sissoko – Cabaye ——–
    Ben Arfa —– De Jong —– Remy
    ——————- Cisse —————-

WOW, then to have a bench of this quality

1.Elliot
    2.Santon
    3.STaylor
    4.Tiote
    5.Anita
    6.Marveuax
    7.Gouffran

Then likes of Bigi, Jonas, Haidara beyond that!

Just cannot see this happening, its a top 6 team!

• 111 croftus5678 // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM

we have an awsome team its true but most of us want signings to improve our weak areas the same as every season
    gk we are good
    lb we are good
    rb we are good
    cb collo/mbiwa good 3rd choice not so good
    lw none existand we need a player
    rw arfa but no cover
    dm tiote/anita/bigi/cabaye/sissoko
    cm anita/cabaye/bigi/sissoko
    am anita/cabaye/bigi/sissoko/marv
    rf/lf goofy/marv/arfa quality could be improved
    cf cisse/cambell cover for cisse needed as cambell not ready imo

whatever we sign we will have a good team but i would like to see us ironing out the creases

• 112 pawl250 // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Croftus

I feel Remy and De Jong with the versatility to play anywhere beyond midfield will sort out most our issues. Especially Remy out wide.

Feel the centre defence needs more cover, Okore would have been obvious for me but nevermind.

Think Sahko is a dream, N’Koulou is realistic, but would he be happy with 3rd fiddle? If Taylor or Williamson leaves we need another centre back, no quarrels!

• 113 ITUNDERASHELL // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Get Sakho in and swap Taylor for Remy with a cash adjustment, then sign Siem de Jong and Bent.

• 114 JackButler // Jul 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM

pawl250

All the more reason why Ashley should have invested last summer and not waited until January, cause I guarantee you something now, if we were not under threat of relegation the those players that came in during the January window would not have happened, he simply spent money in order to survive in the league.

As I said our scouting network is top class but the timing of the signings and second rate coaching will never see us achieve anything. Pardew and Kinnear do not equal ambition.

Regarding our injury crisis, well seeings as the majority of those injuries were picked up during training sessions shows that there is something very wrong with the players fitness, medical team, conditioning and/or the methods that Pardew uses on the training grounds, lets no forget that Pardew brought HBA back early from a hamstring injury to play him on a plastic pitch in sub-zero temperatures.

Ashley’s business model is the right one to go with IF he learns to invest at the right time and he employs the right people to run the footballing side of the club

• 115 Tsunki // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Hope jeff has gone for his nap I have no weapons against his vitriol. Plus its a long way down off this pedestal. At least I have been upgraded to being full of conceit :)

Why are we after another midfielder again?

• 116 Tsunki // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:05 PM

JB @114 — spot on.

• 117 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:05 PM

chew on this

• 118 pawl250 // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Again Jack I agree with some of what you say to an extent.

Could we have got Sissoko for 3m in June last year? No.

Debuchy an extra 2m, granted. Mbiwa, am not so sure Montpellier had just won the league, in the CL. They had the appeal.

Gouffran, again arguably we would have got for a tad more.

I feel if we didnt make these signings in January as DL said they would have been our summer signings now.

I think we need 2-3 players.

CB/CAM/ST – The CAM/ST to be versatile if possible which is why De Jong and Remy are so appealing to me.

CB, we need a 3rd fiddle, or a potential first team player moving Mbiwa out left.

Again I would be happy with just a CAM/ST (those mentioned anyway) given our current squad.

Please no Bent.

• 119 croftus5678 // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:06 PM

————krull————–
    deb–collo–mbiwa–sant
    ———–tiote————–
    ——cab—–siss———
    arfa—————–remy
    ———-cisse————-

bench players who can cover injuries

elliot/bigi/anita/hairdryer/saylor/marv/guti/goofy/cambell

still think bent could prove useful as well and sinclair for when we need 442

• 120 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM

does the left hand know what the right is doing more to the point does ashley care

• 121 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Think Sky Sports have made a mistake there. We’re actually eyeing Benteke.

• 122 Ketsbaia9 // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Everton are getting the job done. We’ve missed out on two excellent players in Kone and Alcaraz.

• 123 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM

maybe thats coz everton who have people who know about football

• 124 JAMSHA // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM

pawl250

sold tiote an.arfa for 50+ mil dats hw i invested n pea for 23mil

+ 2 season n im left wit 4mil.. ma wont giv me money lol

• 125 JackButler // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM

pawl250

We could have had all those player if Ashley stumped up the cash for them, waiting six months almost saw us relegated a gamble that could have cost us hundred’s of millions long term.

I’d take De Jong and Remy as both are real quality and both would add something that we don’t have, but my issues is still with the coaching set up and medical team as both failed on a major scale last season and unless there’s a massive overhaul in those departments we could be in for more misery this coming season

• 126 Jail for Ashley // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM

So we could have paid an extra five million and had Gouffran, Sissoko and Debuchy last summer which may have seen us carry on the momentum of the previous season and finish somewher in the top eight with a possible EL spot keeping us excited until the end of the season not to mention the positional prize money, but yet again we chose the penny pinching option.

• 127 toon kk // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM

We’re trying to get players in? Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!??

• 128 pawl250 // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Jail for Ashley

Maybe 5m possibly more for Sissoko alone.

Debuchy yeah, 7m so that 2m and Gouffran arguably 2m too, so you are really saying approx 10m extra.

Thats another 2 players as far as MA is concerned, of Anitas level.

I mean we are talking 16m for De Jong and Remy I would say so 6m extra gets you them, and you have the same players!

10m extra, he may not have bought anyone this window.

Its all ifs and buts, yet what happened, has happened. We arent relegated.

I admit the medical/fitness team for me need questions thrown at them as to why so many players were injured!

Its just unacceptable!

• 129 JackButler // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Bolton want Sammy on a six month loan deal………couldn’t we persuade them to take him permanently?

• 130 low fell mag // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Why do we still have anti Ashley and dour mongers ,give it a break .F@ck me if we were to sign Ronaldo you would still have something to moan about.
    Our manager has came out ,explained are weakness and is trying to sort it..
    We are in the premier league,we have some smashing players ,so shut the F@ck Up.
    Miserable ,little people,i bet it is raining today where you live.

• 131 pawl250 // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Kone and Alcaraz were relegated last season?!

Is he just going to get is Wigan team back?!

I would pass on both, Kone is “29″ but is he really? You never know, I mean Babayaro was around for centuries! and Martins, he looked older than his supposed age to!

• 132 Alan_Pard_Who // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM

What an idiot

• 133 pawl250 // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Low fell mag!

Hear hear!

We do have a decent team, and no matter what happens people would find a way to moan.

Pardew could win the PL and they would still want him out……

I totally agree with you! Couple signings we have a great squad, and no need to have them done ASAP, I agree with Pardew we have a good enough squad going into pre season if needs be!

• 134 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM

you shut up

• 135 TorqToon // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM

This is PAINFUL!!!

Have some of you heard yourselves!?!?!

Miserable, defeatist, negative and clearly don’t enjoy supporting this club.

Easy solution, walk away and find somebody else!!! Give the rest of us a break!!!!

Unreal….

• 136 pawl250 // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM

John

You never fail to amuse me with your silver tongue! Its almost Joe Kinnear like!

I mean you are literally depressed ALL the time!

Life goes on mate! Its a game of football, I love it but if football ceased to exist I would still function tomorrow!

Cheer up!!!

• 137 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM

i’ll have such a told you so bash soon

• 138 jazzyp // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Itunderashell
    I would be very happy if was to happen as its an upgrade all round on our current squad .
    The problem with sackho is ac Milan and Liverpool have both made tentative enquiries regarding this cb.remember this is his hometown club that he loves and adores.
    The only reason he is considering leaving is because he wants gauranteed game time which page cannot offer even though they have offered him a new contract

• 139 Sazzer // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

No suprise we weren’t in for Alcatraz or Kone. Decent squad players nothing more. Let’s safe our foreign spots for quality.

• 140 Sazzer // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM

• 141 John Tudor // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM

not depressed far from it a loverly 25,000 g to spend but the best thing about life is i have an opinion you lot by deriding me only show limited intelligence in your arguments.im entitled to my opinions as you are yours, less deriding and a bit more debating

• 142 headtheball // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Sportinglife report Pardew keen on Bent and Remy.
    I am keen on a New Manager and Remy or
    a New Manager and Sinclair or
    a New Manager and De Jong but 7 years isn’t too long to wait is it?
    HWTL

• 143 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Pawl…We had injuries and we were quite unlucky with the likes of Benny, Krul and Colo, but lets not kid ourselves. We didn’t even do well before injuries really hit us and we actually did worse after signing 5 players in January.

This is how many PL games those players you mentioned played last season:

Krul: 24/38
    Debuchy: 14/17
    Simpson: 19/38 – Was backup for Debuchy when he signed
    Mbiwa: 14/17
    Colo: 22/38 – Injured his back trying to do a overhead kick (wanted to leave the club as well)
    Santon: 31/38
    Haidara: 4/17 – Was backup player for Santon
    Cabaye: 26/38 – Had a depression
    Tiote: 24/38 – Had ACON duty
    Sissokko: 12/17
    Benny: 19/38 – Hamstrings was grossly mismanaged by the club
    Saylor: 25/38 – Not bad for Stevie last season
    Cissé: 36/38
    Ba: 20/21

I don’t think it’s so bad beside loosing Krul, Colo and Benny for too long. The problem was that we suddenly had to rely on our fringe players and young players in the time of crisis and our top players underperforming!

Than and hubris from both players, owner and manager (plus negativ tactics and subs) can sum up our season I think.

• 144 nut meg // Jul 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Long time reader but first time poster. I’ve been reading some of the posters opinions on the various players we should bring in & I have a couple of thoughts about what I think we should do.The most important one imho is without a doubt Siem De Jong. This boy has guile, can bring other players into the game,can see a pass,can score goals & create chances by the bucket load.The other position that needs to be sorted is CB,if I am right in thinking that Pardew wants to press further up the pitch then we must have someone who is a lot quicker than Taylor so he can get back but I’ll leave that up to the powers that be to decide who.Got to go out now maybe back later.By the way I really enjoy reading what Torq,Hazzy1,Pawl etc have to say so keep it up boys.

• 145 toonaids // Jul 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM

the money is their to be spent on players

mike ashley will get a shock next summer when all the younger half decent players now have ridiculous wages and transfer fees because of the world cup. we see it happen every year.

the premier league has money and its ridiculous not to spend because that mill or 2 now on a transfer will be 10 mill next season.

suppose we would have a little more to spend than most clubs next season but still ashley wont spend, hes thinking this money as his own. and like i said players half decent now will be sky high prices just because they played in a world cup.

do it do it do it