Newcastle Manager Has Big Ambitions For Ben Arfa

Hatem Ben Arfa is a popular player on Tyneside, and we are looking forward to the French International having a great season for us next term.

ben arfa weraing wonga yesterday

Ben Arfa in training yesterday

And it seems Alan Pardew has big ambitions for Ben Arfa too, as he has talked today about the 25 year-old Frenchman, who has so far been capped 13 times for France.

This is what Alan Pardew said in the local papers today:

“For example, if Hatem gets in the French national team, you can imagine what it would do for his confidence.”

“So they’re all things I want to happen.” “I want Hatem to play at a World Cup. I think he can play for France. I think Cabaye can play for France.”

“I think Moussa could play for France next year, and maybe even Mapou.”   “He’s got the experience. If he had a fantastic year this year, he could make it.”

But one of the problems Ben Arfa has is the French manager Didier Deschamps, who captained France to that stunning 3-0 win in the 1998 World Cup final against Brazil, doesn’t get on too well with the 25 year-old Frenchman.

Didier was the manager at Marseilles when Ben Arfa essentially walked out in August three years ago, and took a flight to Newcastle in an attempt to force through a move to the club he wanted to join – Newcastle United.

And when Ben Arfa arrived on Tyneside, he remembered how some great French wingers had played for Newcastle, which is just one reason he wanted to join Newcastle.

And the love affair with the Tyneside club doesn’t seem to have diminished, and Ben Arfa now wants a new five-year deal at Newcastle, and we think he;ll get it although he;s been injured a lot over the last three years and has played only 56 times, but with 11 great goals and 10 assists.

Ben Arfa is in no rush at all to leave Newcastle, and he’s one of the many good players we already have at the club.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• John Tudor

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM

not depressed far from it a loverly 25,000 g to spend but the best thing about life is i have an opinion you lot by deriding me only show limited intelligence in your arguments.im entitled to my opinions as you are yours, less deriding and a bit more debating

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Repost:

Pawl…We had injuries and we were quite unlucky with the likes of Benny, Krul and Colo, but lets not kid ourselves. We didn’t even do well before injuries really hit us and we actually did worse after signing 5 players in January.

This is how many PL games those players you mentioned played last season:

Krul: 24/38
    Debuchy: 14/17
    Simpson: 19/38 – Was backup for Debuchy when he signed
    Mbiwa: 14/17
    Colo: 22/38 – Injured his back trying to do a overhead kick (wanted to leave the club as well)
    Santon: 31/38
    Haidara: 4/17 – Was backup player for Santon
    Cabaye: 26/38 – Had a depression
    Tiote: 24/38 – Had ACON duty
    Sissokko: 12/17
    Benny: 19/38 – Hamstrings was grossly mismanaged by the club
    Saylor: 25/38 – Not bad for Stevie last season
    Cissé: 36/38
    Ba: 20/21

I don’t think it’s so bad beside loosing Krul, Colo and Benny for too long. The problem was that we suddenly had to rely on our fringe players and young players in the time of crisis and our top players under-performing!

Than and hubris from both players, owner and manager (plus negative tactics and subs) can sum up our season I think.

• TorqToon

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM

John – What has £25 grand to spend got to do with anything??!!

Be homest now, if we get relegated next season, would that please you because you would be proven correct?

• Jamiemac

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM

If we’re being picky I’d like:

1 GK to back up Krul (Krul gets injured a heck of a lot for a gk and I don’t feel Elliott is good enough)
    1 CB (as 3rd/4th choice)
    1 LW (as a starter)
    1 RW (as back up to Benny)
    1 AM (someone fluid who takes control of a game)
    2 ST (to back up//push Cisse)

But realistically 1 LW, 1 CB and 1 ST will do.

• John Tudor

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM

the moneys mine to do with as i see fit it will make me happy. as for getting relegated i will be more vociferous in my contempt at the owners lack of hindsight in the employment stakes

• jazzyp

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Hba-quality player that would grace most pl sides,I just wish he could be more consultant throughout the season as he tends to try to much trickery at times when a simple pass would suffice

• Jamiemac

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Torq

It’s great hearing the info passed on every now and then. Just wondering who you personally would liked signed?

• John Tudor

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

other poster referred to my doom and gloom 25000 goes a long way to lift any of that

• TorqToon

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

John – Well enjoy your money. But rest assured it won’t make you a better or happier person.

I dare say there are PLENTY of people on this blog with much more money to their name, but they don’t feel the need to advertise it, therefore are already more content in life that you are.

• John Tudor

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

torq by the end of the season if that were to happen heads should have rolled long before

• jazzyp

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Consistent-damn phone

• John Tudor

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM

torq im sure theyre are but who gives a toss if the guy who said i was in a cloud of doom (who knows me not from adam)kept his trap shut i wouldn’t of mentioned it

• JackButler

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

If HBA can stay fit for the whole season he can finally show what we all believe he is capable of

• John Tudor

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

any how if the wife gets it i may be doomed and gloomy

• ToonDarnSarf

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

jesper

Good work putting that into perspective. I think that’s a good summary. Hopefully we’ve learned out lessons for next season!

• headtheball

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I know there is some doubt about the fitness of our players but do they have to wear BRAS in training?
    HWTL

• Roy Morten

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

If someone wants to add me as a friend on PS3 my nickname is: roymorten79

Sick of playing against Swimmingpool,Paris Serjant German…

• DokToon

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM

gmorning all, from the dark side of the pond…

torq, good to see ya 🙂 any good news yet?

john, youre quite the negative one, arent you… i dont even bother reading your posts anymore, no value whatsoever, maybe that 25k can help buy you a better attitude… good luck with that…

• John Tudor

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM

i blank yours too narraback

• richyg01

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Fitness is key with HBA. Reminds me so much of Kieron Dyer.

• mindshaft

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Johntudor – you’re wife gets it if you get doomed and gloomy???

what you mean she pops over the road to have it away with the neighbor ….fair play to her, prob wishes you have a sore head more often 😉

• the truth will out

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Ho ho thats a tad strong, he is probably giving yours a good seeing to when you are out

• SeanNufc87

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Torq and Tudor going at it and now others weighing in.

This is still a football blog right?

• SeanNufc87

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Howay lads let’s leave the missus or mr’ s out of it eh?

• SeanNufc87

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Calm before the storm…

• the truth will out

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Ithought it was for both sides of the coin,obviously it is only for the high and mighty one sided team of Ashley does no wrong Pardews lovers and kinnearites

• the truth will out

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM

off disillusioned don’t blame anyone leaving this blog hearsay it won’t be up much more

• TorqToon

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Sean – How am I going at it?!

John – Whatever said on here you have to take with a pinch of salt. I don’t enjoy seeing anybody targeted or anything, but bringing up wealth and trying to base your argument on that, is a real good way to become disliked. Nobody cares about money on here, unless Of course its mile ashleys. 🙂

Somebody asked what would be MY choice of transfer window.

Well Remy and de jong for a start. Should cabs leave, I would want menez and sakho in the deal. Sell willo, shola etc.

That would do me.

• Roy Morten

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM

If we made to big signings (CF,LW) who would to put on the bench? I really like Gouffran playing wide with his pace.. Even Santon could play on either wing i think.. For me there is really no player i would take out of the first 11.. For me its the bench who needs an upgrade.. Not easy for a manager to keep all players happy when were not a Champions League team..

• SeanNufc87

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Ttwo

What are you on about? Have I missed something? :s

• pawl250

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM

John 25k is not alot of money…. All I have to say on that is it wouldn’t last me long …

It also does not buy happiness!

Money is a necessity to get along with life nothing more, life is more important.

Would I love my life if I didnt have my family, friends, girlfriend, even my job to some extent so I can “live” life comfortably. I am fortunate in many ways.

I am quite content saying Newcastle will be top 10 next season, or more accurately 7th – 10th.

That is medi ocre in some peoples eyes, but I like to think of it as progress. The season we finished 5th was more fluke that other teams didn’t do well. A false position if you will.

I feel 7th – 10th I would be overjoyed with the ambition to break and stay in top 6 in the upcoming years.

I am optimistic, not blind.

Yet you merely come across as depressed all the time. That is all, I do not mind your opinion, but we have heard the broken record many times now.

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM

My favourite player by a mile! Please sign that 5 year contract and stay injury free this season. Every time HBA get’s the ball I instantly stand up to attention, he’s just so exciting. Hopefully we will nick Remy from QPR and I can see both Frenchies linking up really well in the team.

• GeordieDan

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Benteke has just put in a transfer request I see-must be because NUFC have put a bid in for him then. 😀

Knock the last 3 letters of his name and about £20million and that probably closer to the mark. 🙁

To be fair IF Torque’s info turns out to be correct (and due to his honest snippets last season I don’t see why they would be too far wide of the mark) then I would be very happy with De Jong coming in and although Remy seems like a bit of a **** he’s one heck of a player and would be great in our team.

Bent coming in as well for £4million or so as Ameobi’s replacement-can’t really argue with those signings really beefing up our attacking options.

Come on NUFC.co.uk make my day by announcing a great signing like this out of the blue today. 😉

Why not?

• SeanNufc87

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Torq

Sorry I must have saw the generous use of exclamation points and question marks as a sign of extreme disagreement 😉 how foolish of me.

• pottsclock

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Hatem looks a bit chubby. Looked chubby towards the end of last season too probably because of injury. Is much better when his weight is down – let’s hope a good run without injury will get him back to peak fitness and speed….then we’ll have a match winner

• toon kk

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM

All we can do is support our team. We know MA doesn’t care like we do. But it would be nice if he’d show some ambition.

• SeanNufc87

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Wonga trying to improve their image it would seem.

• Mister Tuff

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Ill tempered hot sunny days!
    I wish some of you so called men would stop having a go a Tudor. He is entitled to post what he wants – just as you do.
    Some of his one liners do not always appeal -but every now and again there is a funny one.
    Whilst Tudor can stick up for himself -and does – it should be known that last year Tudor “hoyed a wobbler” and had to have heart surgery at the Freeman.
    Tudor is an older poster and has probably seen more Toon matches than you lot put together. Give him a break -big men!(not)

• John Tudor

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM

well pawl that being it ,as for not lasting you too long is not bragging of wealth torq blow me just seems there would be some frivolous spending there all i said was one guy said i was doomy gloomy i stated i wasnt and had monies to spend, and far from bragging. shame the blog has been dragged to the depths where the titanic lies instead of being a pinnacle of debate

• TorqToon