The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Is A Massive Year For The Club and Our Players

8:43 am, Tuesday, July 9th, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 25 Comments

Alan Pardew has done a good job in his interviews since yesterday, explaining to the Newcastle fans  the new role Joe Kinnear will play at Newcastle, and how it should all work.

Yohan Cabaye  Newcastle United

Yohan Cabaye - this is a wonderful player

And whether you think Alan is a good coach or not, the manager’s communication skills are excellent, and he’s a good front man for the club.

Alan’s talked today about the saga about Yohan Cabaye being wanted by both PSG and Monaco, and yesterday the PSG manager Laurent Blanc was talking about Cabaye and said – this is a wonderful player.

Alan was asked in the Shields Gazette  if he was at all upset about the way Blanc was mentioning players he wanted like Cabaye, who were still on contracts at other clubs:

“A little bit. I don’t think that’s right.” “He can get on the phone to me, or make a bid. I think that’s the right way to do it.”

“I think the way it’s come out isn’t perhaps respectful to Yohan,” “That’s something I want to talk to him about.”

“I want to talk about this important year for him, with the World Cup at the end of it.” “I’m hoping he’s going to be an integral part of France’s team.”

“You could argue we’ll have eight to 10 players in the World Cup,” “So this is a massive year for our players individually, let alone as a club.”

“Our fans must never take their eyes off the fact that international football plays a significant part in our season.”

We’re not sure how much extra time the International players will have off, but we expected them to return later this week, but that might stretch out to next week.

Certainly it’s good that the manager will talk to Cabaye, and we hope he stays, but if he’s itching for a move away from Newcastle, we should sell him, and just ensure we get around £25M for the 23 times capped French International.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: International News · Newcastle News · Premier League · World Cup 2014 · Yohan Cabaye

25 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jamiemac // Jul 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Repost

cyprus

Sorry yeah I meant 66 not 67. Not cracking in the sense it was true, I just think it’s a very good and plausible theory.

• 2 Jamiemac // Jul 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Regarding the interview who would the 8-10 world cup players be?

Cabaye
    Sissoko
    MYM
    Ben Arfa
    Coloccini
    Debuchy
    Krul
    Santon
    Tiote
    Cisse (don’t know how Senegal are doing)
    Anita (?)
    Taylor (optimistic)

• 3 cyprus // Jul 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I am less interested in the DL/MA relationship (it’s done) and more in the Carr/AP dynamics, which AP has not referred to. Was JK brought in to referee that one? I really don’t get that structure to be honest and it seems that DL did the honorable thing.
    Anyway, who cares, as long as MA knows what he’s doing.

• 4 geordie157 // Jul 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM

The Taylor for Remy plus six mill story is comical.

• 5 Ibizatoon // Jul 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Jamiemac…Pretty sure JK is playing in the world cup…or was it that he came up with the idea for it?

Pretty sure it was in one of his interviews.

• 6 jeff // Jul 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Debuchy
    Sissoko
    Cabaye
    Tiote
    Cisse
    Santon

Coloccini?
    Ben Arfa?
    Good?
    Yanga-Mbiwa?
    Shola?

• 7 Ben3arfa // Jul 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM

OVER THE LINE
    OVER THE LINE
    OVER THE LINE
    OVER THE LINE

• 8 jeff // Jul 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Oh forgot Krul

• 9 Jamiemac // Jul 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Ibiza

I heard he’s officiating in the final.. Referee, linesmen and fourth official.. all at once?

• 10 cyprus // Jul 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Shola? :)

• 11 bills-son // Jul 9, 2013 at 8:56 AM

cyprus // Jul 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    Sorry Jamiemac, I like Bills posts but disagree with @66.
    Poor signing in Anita? And DL selected Anita in any case? Hmm.
    AP was upset that DL signed 5 (that’s FIVE) great players in a January window, because they were French? Hmm.

Cyprus – I’m not saying Pardew wasn’t happy with the French players I’m saying he was unhappy he didn’t get any players with Prem experience.

The reason I say Anita was a poor buy was because he added nothing to the squad that we didn’t already have and he is another lightweight midfielder who will struggle against the pace and power that the top teams have in CM.

• 12 Ibizatoon // Jul 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Jamiemac…What? He’s not doing the half time entertainment too? Expected more of him to be be honest :)

• 13 Ibizatoon // Jul 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I think that the Anita signing wasn’t a poor one as I believe he is a cracking player and will be for us with a good run of games. I think it was poor that it was our only significant transfer last summer and if it was a case of only getting in one player, then last summer, it shouldn’t have been Anita. But that is not a reflection on his ability.

• 14 cyprus // Jul 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Before any purchases, with no injuries,

Krul, deb, Colo, Mbiwa, Haid, Tiote, HBA, Siss, Gouff, Cisse, Santon LW is a first 11 for me… Subs (to be used almost every game): Gutti, Anita, Marveaux, Cabs.

Despite his moments of brilliance and good first year, Cabs was not that good last year, really. Does anyone remember a game in which he shone, can you remind me?

• 15 ToonDanno // Jul 9, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Cyprus- joe is the middle man between Alan and mike. Simple terms, joe job to bulky mike into buying the player Alan and graham have shirt listed.

• 16 ToonDanno // Jul 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I have no links with ‘toondunno’. Takes a lot if spare time and no life to even think of that let alone do it. Feel sorry them. Might get a life one day

• 17 Rotonda heights // Jul 9, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Re the remy – taylor swap.

I think this would be a massive step in the right direction for us and fair play to pardew if it is indeed him who wants to run with it.

saying taylor gives his all doesn’t disguise his limitations and liabilities as a footballer. If we really want the best or better players we have to leave sentiment out of it. If pardew is getting on board with this then great news. just hope the top striker he is referring too isn’t bent.

• 18 ToonDanno // Jul 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Bully and short. Apologies autocorrect

• 19 cyprus // Jul 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Bills,
    I will agree that he didn’t exactly set the MF on fire… Hope he is given more chances, but you are right he did seem light weight and, unlike others’ opinion, I thought he was terrible in defense.

• 20 ToonDanno // Jul 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Torq- where you get your info from? Some of it interesting

• 21 lesh // Jul 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Morning all and glad to see that the tetchiness of last night’s stopped.

Ibiza. Don’t underestimate Joe and his talents. His influence and charisma extend throughout the universe.

He is THE Special K.

• 22 Ibizatoon // Jul 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Lesh….Did you omit the use of the word ‘hole’ there?

• 23 Rotonda heights // Jul 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Bills son

Typical dark age English attitude

Players like Modric, Zola, Beardsley, Sellars etc etc can / could all handle themselves

• 24 one Tony Green // Jul 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Rotonda totally agree about your comments about Taylor great deal for us. Also agree Anita can do a job.

• 25 lesh // Jul 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Ibiza @22……. ?

Fraid it’s a tad early for questions like that. Joe would know though – he knows everything where we are mere mortals, well I am, can’t speak for you.

previous post: Reports Newcastle To Offer £6M Plus Steven Taylor For Remy