Newcastle Reported After French Forward – But Who Is It?

Some interesting news in the Birmingham Mail today, that Darren Bent remains a target of Newcastle when Joe Kinnear returns to work in his new Newcastle office tomorrow, but they are reporting that we are after a French forward, who is unnamed.

Toulouse's forward Andre-Pierre Gignac c

Andre-Pierre Gignac – Marseilles 27 year-old striker

The Birmingham Mail is reporting that Newcastle are after a mystery French forward, and that Alan Pardew and Joe Kinnear will meet tomorrow, we suppose to decide on which player to bid for.

Loic Remy is also a target of Newcastle’s and may be the mystery French forward, although we have also been linked with is Marseille’s Andre-Pierre Gignac, but he wasn’t too happy to come to Newcastle, and wanted to move to a bigger club – so we should probably forget about the 27 year-old French International striker (16 caps, 4 goals) – he seems a snob.

But if the news today that Aston Villa will play hard-ball over their fee for Bent, and they will keep it as high as £6M, we don’t think Newcastle will bother, and we will turn to cheaper alternatives (what – again?).

Newcastle fans seem to favor having both Bent and Remy at the club for next season.

Should Newcastle Pay Out £5M For Darren Bent?

Loading ... Loading ...

Should Newcastle Try To Sign Loic Remy For £8M This Summer?

Loading ... Loading ...

We’d be happy enough to have both Bent and Remy at the club this summer, but we have to get a top striker like Remy though the door, and not just Bent on his own.

We’ve also been linked with Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis this summer, and the 27 year-old French International is in the last year of his contract at Lyon, and his club want to sell him this summer, so they don’t lose him for nothing next summer.

So the question now is who is this French forward we are after – and who else could it be other than Remy, Gignac or Gomis?

What do you think?

BTW – a fantastic stage win by Chris Froome today in the mountains, and he’s now over four minutes ahead in the overall standings.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• scout

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Kinnears tick list
    Under 10 million
    Under 60 grand a week

• scout

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM

If I was villa I’d demand at least 6 million, Newcastle want the bloke for nowt. What a joke

• cyprus

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Billson mate,
    That IS extortion and no worse than the Mafia rates:
    “A Mafia loan shark usually will charge 6-10% per week compounded weekly. At first they will give you two weeks, for example you borrow $2000 you will owe them $2100 in 2 weeks. If you can only pay $600 then you will owe $1500 plus the 5% interest per week until paid, so if you make another $600 payment in 2 weeks you will still owe around $1100.”

If you want a more in-depth academic definition go to

Best to turn a blind eye.

Anyway the Wonga discussion has been done here, no reason to regurgitate it. I for one, don’t like it.

• jazzyp

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM

none starter boys-he’s already stated that nufc are beneath him and wants a bigger club.
    there are better options out there than this guy !!

• Indian Magpie

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Could be Gameiro

• Yorkgeordie

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:03 PM

With Cisse reluctant to wear the Wonga shirt and apparently asking for more money, it wouldn’t surprise me if he was sold. Would we then be looking for 3 forwards or is the figure 2 to take that in to account

• DevonToon

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Repost i dont mind wonga as a company… Iv used them numerous times, very helpful like. Its like anything in life, if used correctly its fine. I only borrowed what i knew i could pay back.

• Korean Magpie

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Would be happy with Gomis and Remy

• jazzyp

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM

toondanno
    bless us with your unfounded knowledge of who this mysterious French forward is please !!
    oh is it remy ???

• bills-son

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Cyprus – on the last article re Wonga – you have obviously never checked Wonga’s loans.

I repeat, borrow £100 for a month and you pay back £137. That includes interest and all admin fees.

If you dont pay a penny back and default on the loan for a year that is when the APR reaches 5000% due to default interest and charges.

Comparing Wonga to the Mafia is ridiculous.

I’m no Wonga fan but as said earlier today 99% of people dont understand that APR in 99% of cases isn’t the interest rate that is actually charged.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM

We have been linked with:

1. Remy
    2. Gameiro
    3. Gomis
    4. Gignac

So could be either of them!

We could hope it would be either:

1. Lacazette
    2. Yassine Benzia
    3. Ayew
    4. Saïd

We need two forwards any way so a combination of one of the older and one young forward would be great 🙂

• Lowesy

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Let’s look at the French strikers we are currently linked with: Gignac, Remy, and Gomis. Others have mentioned Gameiro.
    Personally, I’d say no to all of these for different reasons. I can see it being some young 16/17 year old French forward. Not an international which is what we need. I think we should explore the Dutch and perhaps the Belgian market. With the amount of Belgian players coming through and proving their worth maybe we should have a slice of that cake.
    By the by, Honda (the Japanese midfielder) would be a great signing, I think. He’s a free agent.

• l3wy

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Knowing joe kinnear he’ll be trying to signEmile Heskey

• nufc90

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Off the top of my head Gignac, Gomis, Gameiro, Ben Yedder, Aliadiere are French strikers we’ve been linked to in the past. I’d hope we’re targetting Gameiro/Gomis/Ben Yedder in that order

• nufc90

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Honda’s off to AC Milan 🙁

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Are y’all still on about Wonga?

Christ on a motorcycle give it a rest already!!!

• gonufc (not Arf' bad)

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Please not Bafe Gomis!!! Clumsy, heavy touch, not good enough!

• Lowesy

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM

@nufc90
    Bugger

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Anyone else bored to tears about the Wonga discussion?

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Jesper

Amen to that my friend!

• cyprus

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Billson, i’ll agree with Jesper, no use talking about Wonga.

But, I saw your example and it IS extortion dude, does it sound good to you?

Ok, dropping it now 🙂

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Is Max Clayton any good by the way? I like the way Crewe works – they seem very professional and Inman did very well there (they looked good the few games I saw)

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM

In all likelihood we’re not in for any “mystery French forward”

I mean, how would the Birmingham Mail have any inside knowledge into who we are after? Sounds like sad journos filling paper space on Sunday

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Ruddy/Cyprus…I am going out of my mind with Wonga this and Wonga that!

…I really don’t care about WONGA!!!

So Ruddy…how have you been my friend?

• jazzyp

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:16 PM

gomis is in the mould of kenwyne jones and no better

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:16 PM

So spill the beans! Max Clayton anyone???

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM

And could Bradden Inman do a job for us this season if he gets a new contract that is?

• nut meg

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Ruddy @ 18

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Scout

Villa aren’t really in a position to “demand” a fee for Bent. They’ve made it far too obvious that they want shot of him so if we are indeed interested in him, I would actually agree with the club in trying to get him in for pennies.

If we could nab him for 4m I’d even be inclined to say it would be a decent signing (provided that it won’t be the only ST signing made this summer)

• Ashton

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I thought “Kinnear is on holiday” was a joke. It turns out it’s true!. This club is so pathetic. I hope we get relegated next season.

• blew

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Remy is hardly the surprise French forward, we have been linked with him nearly every day since the season ended. Re Cisse – I don’t see how he is gaining or losing by the Wonga sponsorship, which does not subsidise his pay or bonuses in any fashion. For ulterior reasons I suggest he is making a stance.
    On the transfer front, don’t expect too much after 5 players were brought in during the January market. Maybe a striker, others according to the numbers leaving in Summer to retain the squad size.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Jesper

I can’t say I’ve seen anything of Crewe last season, although it’s pretty clear that they’ve got a great ability at nurturing young talent.

I’ve heard Clayton is a prospect, as for Inman, I do think he’d need another loan spell before even being considered.

• Ashton

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Also Newcastle interested in a mystery French attacker?? No way! what a fu(king scoop. I’m so enlightened right now!.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Ashton

Of course you don’t hope we get relegated, you’re merely seeking attention.

• magpie6699

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:23 PM

In terms of Islam, isn’t it the whole principle of lending money for interest that is the issue? Whilst we can argue about the moral issue of the rates of interest charged I’m not sure that that is the issue in terms of Islam? Anybody know? In which case Virgin is as much an anathema as Barclays or Wonga. (Not to mention that Wonga has not done anything illegal, unlike Barclays and the fixing of the Libor rate!)

• Ketsbaia9

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Its Djibril Cisse.

• Ashton

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Ruddy Marveaux-lous

A thief thinks everyone steals. Just because you spout lies on here to get attention doesn’t mean everyone is like you.

• Indian Magpie

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:24 PM

My sources telling me

its Anthony La tellec

From Valencienes

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Ruddy…maybe we should send him back to Crewe for a season. I honestly think they did everything right with regards to Inman.

…for me he is/or will be much better than Bigi if nurtured the right way 🙂 I have only seen Clayton a few times so I have no idea how good he is (it’s a bit like the case with Campbell)

• stuart no9

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:26 PM

i would be absolutely delighted with anyone who is stupid enough to sign for us .

1 2 3 9