The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

I’m Learning English But It’s Hard To Understand Geordie

11:13 am, Friday, July 19th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 134 Comments

Moussa Sissoko was an instant hit with Newcastle fans, after he signed from Toulouse in January, and he was given the important number 10 shirt at the club.

Motherwell v Newcastle United - Pre Season Friendly

Moussa Sissoko – after scoring at Motherwell

Sissoko scored three goals in his first two games which were great wins at Aston Villa and at home to Chelsea, and the Frenchman sensationally scored two late goals against Chelsea  at St. James’ Park to give us a fantastic 3-2 win and over the reigning European Champions, and we had 6 points from his first two games.

Just fantastic, but unfortunately it didn’t last, and we struggled to keep in the Premier League, but we stayed up and things could have been a lot worse if he had taken the drop for the second time in four years.

And Sissoko missed the last few games of the season with an ankle injury, but he looked a very good player at Motherwell on Tuesday night, and he had this to say in the Shields Gazette today:

“For me, my position is number 10, but if the manager says I must play in midfield, no problem for me. “I play for the team, and nobody else. That’s the important thing.”

“Last season towards the end I didn’t play, but this is a new season,” “Now I’m so happy because I can play again. It’s pre-season, and I’m working hard.” “Last season was very difficult for the team. This season is a new page.”

“We want to play well, and for me it’s a big, big season with Newcastle. That’s why it’s important we win in pre-season.” “No matter who we play in the next match, we’re thinking about winning the games all the time.”

“I’m happy because Motherwell was our first game.” “For the team and for me personally, it was very important we won and won well.” “It’s important for confidence – we are going to need it going forward for the season ahead. So we’re all happy.”

“Learning English ia very important to me.” “Sometimes I can speak English, and each month it gets better. The English language can be very quick.” ““Sometimes I can speak English, and each month it gets better.”

“The English language can be very quick.” “Sometimes when people speak Geordie it’s hard for me, but I’m getting better. I like to speak English.”

Moussa finds it hard to understand Geordie – why aye man! :D

Speaking English in the dressing room is very important for the team this season, ans Vurnon Anita revealed yesterday that after January,  there was some difficulty with the language,  and Alan Pardew and the coaches had trouble letting the new Frenchmen what they wanted them to do on the field.

We must say Sissoko is not only a very impressive and powerful footballer, but he seems like a great guy too – and of course Moussa will be hoping to make the French squad for the World Cup next summer in Brazil.

And to do that he needs to have a great season for Newcastle – sounds good to us.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Moussa Sissoko · Newcastle News · Other News

134 responses so far ↓

• 1 Burni // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:15 AM

transfer window. Every year we try to evaluate the lack of money being spent by tight Ashley. All teams around us are investing money. A few have even broken their transfer records. We however are selling. And looking for a f£%@ing goalkeeper!!!! Howay man. The reason why other teams are Investing is because of the ridiculous money being plowed in for TV deals!!! We are not investing…. Not a penny. And when we do…. I can just feel that we will get a player who’s alright but not class…. Like cabs or hba. Funnily enough the two players who are being linked with a move away. I hate supporting this club with this f£#@%ing clown in charge. He does good….. He kicks us fans in The face. He redeems…. He kicks harder. I’m sick. I just want some ambition. Other clubs have positive press. We don’t we have had naught but negative press….. Every god damn year. Joke.

• 2 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM

each to their own as ed states
    why bother inflaming this blog by berating others who don’t share your views kindly do not incite more trouble on here as it has the possibility to close itself down

• 3 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM

TDS,
    The difference is, no CL teams actually bid for them. Marseille just wanted rid of Ben Arfa. They may have been looked at by top teams who then decided they weren’t good enough, but we didn’t have to ‘beat’ another club to the signing of them. The club have always said that they don’t want to be involved in bidding wars, or wage wars for players with agents.

Naming other players who scored goals really means very little, I could name players who scored goals in the Prem, who weren’t good, therefore making Van Persie a poor player for only doing it twice.

• 4 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Lilongwe

My point of naming those players, is that scoring a hatful of goals in the championship really doesn’t mean much when it comes to being a top player for us.

Sure, there were one hit wonders in the PL like Zaki and Ricketts too, and I’d also say it takes more than a season to prove a player is good.

I’m not suggesting we need to get into a bidding war for these players. What I am saying is that CL clubs should be interested in the players we go for, but we should be nipping in before that. If Hull (and possibly other similar clubs) are umming and ahhing about signing Austin, then it doesn’t bode well for his quality does it? And if he was willing to join Hull, then it shows that no proven PL clubs are genuinely interested in him.

• 5 Ben3arfa // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Sissoko would be a good #10 if The midfielders holding and wingers played well.

Last season our midfielders Cabaye and Tiote were badly out of form whilst out wing play was non existent , hence he struggled towards the end of the season

• 6 jazzyp // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM

toondarnsarf
    I wouldn’t say the dark side have signed 9 rubbish players at all.
    altidore and giaccherini are top signings. the mackems have realized ther past mistakes of last season in the fact the squad just wasn’t good enough, and at least there doing something about it.
    sadly we are not.and by looking at player like bent and gignac. this will not move our club forward-but more of the ways of treading water.

• 7 plana // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Rubin Kazan, want Cisse, our moralistic striker who will not wear a strip on grounds of religion but has no qualms accepting millions of rubles off an iffy Russian Billionaire.

• 8 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM

jazzyp

I’m not saying that they are bad signings. Sunderland obviously needed to sign many more players than us when you look at the squads. We just need some tweaking.

What I’m saying is that it astounds me how negative the Newcastle fans are at the moment and if we’re constantly slagging off our own club, then fans of other clubs must find it really easy to do it too.

• 9 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM

i wholeheartedly agree jazzyp
    unlike us relying on long term injury returns late arrivals (possibly)we will not sign a few it will b 1 or 2 and a couple of kids jumping up to the fight coz thats what we are facing.

• 10 brian kilclines pony tail // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM

no point in signing a championship level striker when we have campbell who needs games asap.
    no point in signing bent because he will contribute less than cisse and both play in a similar way.

i think this is the plan next season.
    2 banks of 4 playing very deep, we’re talking 18 yard box here. then look to play long balls over the top for cisse and bent who will be on the shoulder of the opposing CB ready to expose the space in behind (its pardews wet dream).

and when the ball doesn’t spend enough time in the opposing half again, and when the defence is put under relentless pressure again, and then we will get beat for the majority of games in the first 3rd of the season, then joe will grass on alan to mike for playing the team too deep and causing all the problems in the first place, mike will then have no option but to sack alan, joe (lead singer from the beatles) will then take over and this will result in a relegation battle.

i added the word battle after i finished.

• 11 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:35 AM

how can bent and cisse play in 442 bent aint signed? and cisse is offski?

• 12 jazzyp // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:35 AM

john tudor-good morning mate
    I don’t for the life of me understand that the board came out and said we made massive mistakes in last summer’s transfer activity-or lack of it might be a better phrase. we had a cracking season, qualified for Europe and just sat on our morals.
    we would have looked a lot better prospect to players than what we do now and maybe attracted a better quality player.
    bent-gomis-gignac will for sure do a job for us but as ive said before will not take us to the next level.

• 13 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM

TDS,
    Nobody else is looking at Bent, yet you say you would want him? It says more about a player that can’t get in a side that struggled last season and that no one else wants, then a player who has banged in goals for the past few years, and won’t sign a new contract so is available. Both Austin and Rhodes have been watched by top clubs, as has been widely reported. That is all that happened with our french contingent and Anita, so what is the difference.

Bent for Cisse? A downgrade. If Bent comes to play second fiddle, that show how little options he has. Austin and Rhodes offer a different style to Bent and Cisse, and therefore offer more options.

• 14 sirtoongospel // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Strange that Haidara has been left behind with no word from the club. Does the fact that other than Papiss, he is the only other Muslim player who adheres to Ramadan have anything to do with it? The Muslim players out in Portugal don’t do it. None of them. The club won’t say anything though a it demonstrates varying levels of commitment to the culture. They couldn’t possibly weaken the argument of “this player wears it so why doesn’t Cissé”.

9 months ago we were all appalled at the Wonga deal, and for me nothing has changed. They didn’t “give us back SJP”, because none of us called it anything else anyway. The only thing they have given me is embarrassment and put me in a position where I won’t buy our shirts for the next 4 years.

Sure everyone has their own opinions, but Papiss is entitled to his like everyone else. Who are we to tell him what to think or believe? Your opinion might differ, but there is no right or wrong here.

Last season Wonga didn’t make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck after several late winners, Papiss did though.

So I back him over Wonga every time. “Support the team not the regime” is what is preached from all angles. So lets see that put into practice. Opinions vary, but there is no right or wrong here. Only one mans opinion matters. If Cissé goes we will miss him when he is gone, I am pretty sure of that.

• 15 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Lilongwe

I didn’t say I want Bent. I’d rather have a younger player who can grow into a top player for us, rather than a stop-gap measure for a few years.

I definitely wouldn’t want Bent to replace Cisse either! But having him as an option alongside or as a sub would be decent. I think he’s similar to Cisse so would suit our style.

I really wanted PEA….and to be honest, beyond him I think it’s all much of a muchness who we get. I haven’t seen enough of other players to judge how well they’d play for us, so I only know that I really want us to bring in a top striker.

I just think that these guys being English isn’t enough reason for us to sign them. And if Austin is available for £3M, why haven’t clubs like Norwich, Cardiff, Fulham etc. signed him yet?

• 16 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM

where is the next level look at england ladies last night,
    did great in last euros, did great in last world cup,then the olympics, this euros 3 footballing lessons. The manager played her favs, long term injured players and was tactically naive unless she had had the kiss of death from you know who.
    i just thought its reminiscent of nufc

• 17 Edd Case // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM

It could be said that many on here have short memories.

Lets go back to January.
    5 signings in 5 days was it?
    And look at the players we brought in, generally, very decent.
    This season, with them all knowing English, knowing the league better and knowing each other better, those signings may look even better than we thought.

AP and JK will 100% add to the team, but they have to be right and well thought of.

Patience is a virtue and one that’s lost on NUFC fans so often. We’ll be much better this season, much better.
    And if we manage to get another 2 ‘purples’ in then we could seriously be looking at a cup win.

We’ve done well with transfers in recent years if you think about it.

I’d expect Cabaye to go however, Anita will step up (and is a better player imho) and this will give us the finance to really get in two very good ‘purple’ strikers / winger.

Enjoy the sun, worry not about incoming transfers.

• 18 G // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM

@17, congratulations Ed Case, first post relevant to the topic.

• 19 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Sir Toon,
    Both Tiote and Ben Arfa adhered to Ramadan last year, I find it odd that they wouldn’t this year in that case.

• 20 Galtierez // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Dummett has been told by Pardew he is challenging for the LB slot and that he is AHEAD of Haidara!

• 21 Jail for Ashley // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM

As JT suggests nobody is saying that the books arent correct Al Capone was a victim of not keeping your accounts in line, what also can’t be disputed is that we’ve made 25M ish in transfers yet the debt has gone from 80 odd M to 130M and what simply cannot be disputed is that relegation was solely down to Mike Ashleys bizarre decision making so therefore the 40M that cost the club should be written off .

• 22 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:52 AM

TDS,
    Other than Cardiff, I haven’t heard any comments saying Fulham or Norwich are after more strikers. Maybe they have other more pressing areas. You could make that argument about any player and club….

As for Bent playing alongside Cisse, that would be awful to see, as you they say, they are very similar. Cisse is far better, so other options or a strike partner is what is required, not a like for like.

I have never stated that they are English, so I want them. I want them as they are goalscorers who are improving and would offer us options. I would still think that we need a top striker as a Ba replacement, but one of these 2 would replace Shola in my opinion.

• 23 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Jail,
    Relegation “solely down to MA’s bizarre decision making”?

Nothing to do with numerous players under performing, Shearers insistence on playing Duff left back? Owen picking up injuries?

• 24 jazzyp // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Lilongwe
    or viduka past his sell by date

• 25 evildick // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Every time I post I watch a few tumbleweeds go by and then realise there’s a new post!

• 26 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:01 PM

#21
    i’m of the opinion that whilst the debt was taken over it just moved around and it is getting larger never reducing hey don’t shoot me.doesn’t this mean ashley will be here to the death and we will owe him billions. i merely state thing as they way i see it ,judge for yourselves 3 or 4 years down the line. i for one am not happy.
    but the detractors will slag me time will tell

• 27 sirtoongospel // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Lilongwe, they didn’t do it last year. Cheick tried and couldn’t do it while training, and HBA never does Ramadan.

• 28 G // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Oh crikey, were heading into religion again here. Wev’e already had a warning off Ed today guys, tread carefully.

• 29 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM

i’m no accountant just a fan who loves football i don’t care who runs the club as long as its run right and selling before re-placements come in is wrong,playing out of form favourites is wrong.tell me i’m wrong

• 30 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Lilongwe

I don’t mind them as a replacement for Shola if he’ off, but I definitely don’t think they are good enough to be our 2nd choice striker. Or rather, I’d prefer we had a better option up front when Cisse wasn’t available.

Norwich have been linked with Hooper for ages, so I assume they still want a striker. They have signed RvW but they’ve now got rid of Holt

• 31 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM

go on i dare you

• 32 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Sir Toon,
    “Hatem Ben Arfa is going through a difficult period due to the fact that he can not eat and drink like everyone else,” commented Didier Deschamps

A quote while he was at Marseille.

Would appear that Ben Arfa does do Ramadan.

• 33 G // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM

@29, JT, I agree with everything you have said on that post.

• 34 SeanNufc87 // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I hope jfa and the rest of the pardew out brigade take note that he WANTS to be a number 10, like I had mentioned (as did he in an early interview) which was as per, ignored for the sake of furthering the argument that pardew loves playing players out of position

Dun dun duuuuun fact!

• 35 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM

TDS,
    Norwich were linked with Hooper in Jan, have since signed van Wolfswinkel and Toivonen.

I’d prefer that if we are to play with one striker, we find a striker that can do it. Otherwise, all this talk of #10′s is pointless as we will need to play 2 strikers.

• 36 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM

g, didn’t you read the england womens post

• 37 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Sean,
    Wanting to be and actually being are 2 separate things. I want to have enough money to buy Ashley out. I haven’t though…

• 38 Belfast // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Surprised we’re not in for Hooper to be honest.

He’s exactly the type of striker we need.

• 39 Rotonda heights // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM

It’s very worrying that pardew seems to be the only one wanting bent. Pardew seems to have had input on Obertan
    and eliot and should just leave well enough alone when it comes to transfers

• 40 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Don’t see him as a number 10 like. Gets no where near enough goals. We should use him like City use Toure and let him drive forward fom deep, and if we ever need to change a game we can move him further up field.

• 41 SeanNufc87 // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Hes proved time over he can hit the net, has a good eye for a pass and hes got stacks of pace so tell me how he cant be a 10 lilong? He said he didnt like it at tolous because his manager wouldn’t play him there.

• 42 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM

it all smacks of nufc
    top performers a few years back
    a stale manager
    the fa being stubborn old fuddy duddies
    players out of form
    poor tactics
    need i go on
    those girls took a hell of a beating
    except the left winger who wore freakin makeup
    they had 3 lessons in footy there
    i hope we do not get those this season

• 43 Jail for Ashley // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Lil,
    Owens injuries weren’t Mashleys fault and I can’t remember the circumstances in Duff at LB but that dire season was a direct consequence of Mashleys idiotic leadership.

• 44 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Sir Toon,
    And Tiote celebrated pre Ramadan feasting and has retweeted things with regard to him being on ramadan on his verified twitter.

• 45 GeordieDan // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I dont particularly want to cover old ground here but it really annoys me when people on here are saying everyone else is out of order for complaining we’ve made no signings yet this summer.

Apparently we should be happy we signed players in January and we have short memories.

SHORT MEMORIES! The reason we bought players in January was because Mike your beloved Messiah Ashley bought nobody bar Anita in the summer so every other club moved forward whike we stayed still-and therefore went backwards into that pathetic excuse for a season!

Ashley used (some of) the funds made from TV etc etc the previous summer to fund recruitment in January because he new he made a massive mistake not buying anyone.

Now he’s doing the EXACT same thing and gambling on us being fine as we’re not in Europe this time.

We have every right to want nay EXPECT quality signing from the mega money he has made from NUFC over the last few years. Instead he shows his original comments that the money made by the club would go back into the club was just more of his lies , lies and damnded lies.

And you have the ordasity to call us for wanting new players?

Get a clue man!

• 46 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Jail,
    I’m not saying Ashley wasn’t at fault, he was, but the word “solely” was just a wee bit ott!

• 47 SeanNufc87 // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Rotonda

Seriously how could you possibly know that?

• 48 kevymartins // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM

With the lack of signings and this massive heat wave, I feel i’m on the edge of becoming a serial killer lol

Come on the toon cheer us up.

• 49 SeanNufc87 // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Chill out theres like 40 days left in window.

• 50 Jail for Ashley // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Sorry,
    Taking other circumstances into account he was only 99% to blame.
    GeordieDan
    What winds me up most about the Ashley apologists are that the lies are there in black and white but they don’t seem to mind them.

• 51 ToonDanno // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Geordie dan- I didn’t know the transfer window closed today?

• 52 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM

That £60 million cheque must be burning quite a big hole in Ashley’s back pocket. Everyone else is spending but us FFS. We could bring in Alderwireld, Sinclair, Doumbia and De Jong for about half of that and we would be challenging for Europe. So sad to be so close yet so far away :(

• 53 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Sean,
    “proved he can hit the net”. I assume you realise his goalscoring record stands at a goal just over every 9 games? As a pose to say, Kevin Nolan who is 1 in 5.

• 54 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:41 PM

big pappis we could but……..
    would the powers that be do so
    we have no say

• 55 ToonDanno // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Football manager is a game you can’t do dealings and attract the best players in the real world when ever you want. Some peoples general football knowledge, clueless.

• 56 kevymartins // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Insigne, Gamerio, N’Doye, Remy, why the hell are we in for Bent and Giginac??

• 57 Jail for Ashley // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:45 PM

BPC,
    They have made it very clear the Europa is a hinderance and CL is unacheivable, the semis of a cup is the aim as foolishly winning one would have us in the pesky EL.

• 58 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:46 PM

are we, kevy if we are i don’t like smell

• 59 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:47 PM

@ Danno

Tell that to Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Cisse, Collocini & Debuchy. We are one of the best draws in the PL outside the usual big hitters IMO, not being biased either.

• 60 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:48 PM

i pid is crap.
    should be i don’t like that smell

• 61 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM

And M’biwa

• 62 ToonDanno // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Sean- spot on with comment. How many people on here thought sissoko wanted to play dm and not num 10 role.

• 63 Jail for Ashley // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Toon Danno,
    What time is Cisse flying out tomorrow I’d like to see him off at the airport.

• 64 ToonDanno // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Big pappa I agree we have a great squad so why is everyone saying we’re doomed for relegation already?

• 65 Patoon // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM

ToonDanno, Torq, Proud or Hazzy1, any info on Transfers, hav a good feeling that we’l sign sum1 by this evening

• 66 ToonDanno // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Couldn’t tell ya

• 67 kevymartins // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:53 PM

@John I hope not, but where is all these story’s coming from, linking us with them?

I will be pissed if we sign Bent or Gigniac both players are lazy, I see people on here saying Bent good scoring record but come on he is far past his best, lazy , what’s the point in having him,.If chelsea sign Rooney, Lukaku loan deal is worth a look at.

• 68 SeanNufc87 // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Lilong

And what about his record for us in the number 10 role rather than a defensive position? Howay mate grasping at straws a bit.

• 69 Iain Dowie // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Why are people saying that if we can get ‘X’ amount of money for a player then they would have no problem selling.
    Im sorry but as a fan losing one of our best players is never a good thing, especially when the money we receive is not going to benefit us as fans. The money is never reinvested therefore i am always disappointed/angry when we sell a key player.
    When i pay over 1500 pound for 3 season tickets prior to the transfer window, i expect us to challenge in the market and then challenge in the league. As Newcastle fans we certainly dont get value for money.

Where has the season ticket money and the massive TV money gone? because as far as i can see other clubs seem to be using it to improve there squad.

Need a left winger and 2 strikers in ASAP.

• 70 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Sean,
    I’m not saying he can’t play there,but wanting to and that being what his best position for us is are 2 different things.

Demba Ba wanted to play as an out and out centre forward, but it suited the club best when he played more to the left. Get my point?

• 71 GeordieDan // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM

ToonDanno>

I couldn’t give a monkeys when the window closes mate.
    The simple FACT remains we’ve signed nobody at all and pre-season is already underway (that is asking for trouble in every sense of the word).

And our main striker isn’t even training with the other players and that just barely touches on the issues our club has right now.

I’m still holding on to the glimmer of hope that you were right about Remy etc but I have my reservations.

If you didn’t read the second part of what I said to you yesterday then I said basically said that while I’m willing to give everyone their chance I won’t have anyone take the mickey.

Whether that be prophesying incoming players or telling me that I should be happy with everything the wonderful Mike Ashley does at our club.

Nowt personal at all to you Danno I’m just beyond fed up with it all now. Ashley every ounce of it and I will not let anybody convince me otherwise.

I hate his the bloke like you wouldn’t believe for the embarrassment he’s caused us so far and utter contempt he treats us with.

• 72 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM

@ danno

I don’t think we are doomed, far from it in fact. And if everyone stays fit and no one leaves we can finish comfortably inside the top 10.

But why settle for that ? . Its not as if times are tight and football is a dying sport. We are talking about TV deals worth billions of pounds and us getting £60 million for nothing. Not to mention our sponsors.

I just think it will be such a shame if this foundation of players is not built upon with more quality. 30 Million and we could have a team close to Spurs in terms of quality IMO.

On Sissoko, he himself said Toure was his Idol and he doesn’t play as a number 10.

• 73 SeanNufc87 // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Danno

Afternoon mate, it was getting ridiculous, people were fuming that pardew was upsetting him when all they had to do is look at his first or second interview, it was even on this blog.

• 74 roblee7 // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Lee ryders just tweeted ‘update on Gomis coming soon”

• 75 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:59 PM

toondano
    yes a great squad till ,then i think the consensus was a fight not straight relegation

• 76 roblee7 // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Dont know much about him other than he looks a big bloke….possible replacement for Strolla?

• 77 Ben3arfa // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Lee Ryder ?@lee_ryder 3m

Update on Gomis to come in due course #nufc

I really hope we can tie up this Gomis deal rather than Bent or that fat bloke m Gignac

• 78 belgrade fan // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM

But don’t worry people, Wendy said they will read blogs due to know what fans think and want. So now when y r pissed cause MA doesn’t spend the money, Wendy will tell him and all gonna be OK. really joke club we are

• 79 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:01 PM

kevy most stories originate in deep space carried on the solar winds to the dick ‘ead journos then fuelled by kiddy fifa players to end up on here

• 80 sirtoongospel // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM

NUFC just tweeted a photo of training, Cheick with bottle of water. HBA was eating a sandwich during interview the other day, as was Moussa. I saw it with my own eyes.

And Cheick verified on Twitter? He isn’t on there. I asked Jo Jo 2 weeks ago (his cousin) and he said definitely not him.

• 81 Belfast // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Patoon // Jul 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM

We will sign a striker within the next 30 days. #Itk

• 82 SeanNufc87 // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I was told that the tv money doesn’t get given until mid way through the season

• 83 ToonDanno // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Do people honestly believe we won’t sign anyone though? Yes ideally four signings would have been completed by now and our business done but plenty of timr

• 84 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Sean,
    You said he had proved he could hit the net, 3 goals in 12 for us don’t prove that. You prove nothing in a 12 game period. Not only that, but he only managed to get goals in 2 of the games. Looking at his whole career gives a better picture of if he can score goals.

• 85 Ginger // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Sissoko said a while back that he’d only played a few times for Toulouse in the number 10 position but that he was really enjoying getting played in a more advanced role. (This was when Pardew was starting him as a number 10.)

Personally I think it is best for his career and for Newcastle in general if he is played CM, he’s just a far better player there. Sure if were low on options for a number 10 then go for it, but I’d say Vuckic, Marveux, Ben-Arfa and possibly even Cabaye are all better then him there.

I think this is the team Pardew has planned for next season:

——————-Krul———————
    Debuchy–Collo–Mbiwa–Dummet
    ———-Guttierez——-Tiote———-
    Ben-Arfa——-Vuckic——Remy—-
    ——————-Bent———————

f course that is only if we sign both Bent and Remy and the Cisse dispute falls badly and ends up in us selling the player.

• 86 kevymartins // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Come on get this Bafétimbi Gomis signed up, I don’t think he is that good but at this point I would take anyone to have some assurance we will have a striker next season.

• 87 ToonDanno // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Update to come on Gomis to come in due time? What the betting its he ain’t coming just to annoy some people a bit more ;)

• 88 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Sean,
    TV money doesn’t come in until the end of the season as it depends on the number of appearances you make on tv and a few other variables. However, there is a guaranteed ammount, which is the figure that most people mention.

SirToon,
    Chatting to his cousin….another one….

• 89 Rotonda heights // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:08 PM

ginger

what waste of anita if Jonas plays over him again.

• 90 RooneyToons // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I don’t believe we’re even in for Gignac there just trying to drum up interest.
    99% of the reports in the press are absolute bull there’s hardly anything going on and there making up stories left right and centre.

We all know that we don’t give anything away and many of our signings are out of the blue.
    Cabaye, Cisse, Santon, Haidara, Gutierrez, Tiote, Gouffran were all out of the blue or the press only found out a couple of days before.

I do think we’re in for bent for back up but the rest seems like lazy journalism.

I don’t know if anyone saw the pards interview before the friendly but he said we’re looking all over the world not just Europe… And then we’re in for 2 standard French strikers come on smells like bullish*t to me.
    If we’re after any French based striker it’ll be Gameiro as we know we’re interested although sounds like he’s off to Seville.

Carr has plenty up his sleeves though boys have faith.

HWTL

• 91 Miguel // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:08 PM

HBA has left the training camp, sold or injured????

• 92 Patoon // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM

ToonDanno

Yes i believe we wil sign 2 or 3 players and i also think we’l finish top 8 next season, ther is 2 much negative shit talk on here, people need 2 lighten up, imagine the mood on here if the weather was miserable

Belfast

lol, not the answer i was looking 4

• 93 Belfast // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Read this morning that Liverpool have bid for Ben Arfa

• 94 SeanNufc87 // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Lilong

He was in DM for at least three of those games an I know its a friendly but he scored at Motherwell too. I understand where your coming from but you cant argue your more likely to score in an advanced role?

• 95 Rotonda heights // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM

having seen the gomis youtube item a la denis wise I have to say quite impressed. he and remy could be really good.

Please not the fat guy and sick note bent (owen Mk 11)

• 96 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM

don’t come up with the we tried mullarky, it won’t wash with me no more.
    just try and bring some youthful quality in no has beens please if it takes till september but don’t ff’in wait till january

• 97 kevymartins // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:12 PM

WTF? James_Tavernier 7m
    PSG have threatened to trigger Messi’s £215m release clause if FC Barcelona pursue Thiago Silva. Wow Crazy Money!!

• 98 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM

lilo, so we have last season’s money. right

• 99 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:13 PM

or was that spent in january im bolloxed

• 100 Rotonda heights // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:14 PM

sean

because pardew quoted ” he wanted him ” and nobody else seems to.

• 101 kevymartins // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:15 PM

In talks, he is keen on joining us

• 102 Rooster // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM

There has to be a reality check, our illustrious owner gets it in the neck way way to much, are we as a football club in such a bad position??? A team full of good international players the club in a strong financial footing, a team that underperformed last year as we all know, now we have to put things right, ok no seniors brought in yet but if we can get Gomis and Gignac it would be IMO two great signings, lets see what happens, maybe someone else lines yo, most prob thhink ni one will come in, lets see.

The old argument of leeds n pompey n wolves n blackburn n middlesboro should not be forgot about, they are sunk, their fans havnt to much to look forward to, its been said of course it has, MA makes hard to take decisions we know that but he does it in the best interesta of his business, unpopular decisions he is not afraid of, the fella will do what he thinks best, we are still building as a club, its not the end of the world we arnt busted. Just remember it could always be worse, pompey v mansfield sounds mouthwatering dosnt it ?!?!?!

• 103 sirtoongospel // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Lilongwe – you know nothing of me. You can guess all you want, but I have been on this blog since the beginning, all be it less frequently these days.

I have never been or claimed to be an “ITK” or whatever they call themselves.

You can dismiss me if you wish but the fact remains that you are wrong.

• 104 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM

whoosh james tav 11mill beats me

• 105 Belfast // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Has the bid been accepted then ??

• 106 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM

long time sir toon i believe ya

• 107 kevymartins // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM

@John just saw that there, It must be on skysports or something if our RB is posting it, 11m 11 mins

• 108 Transfer Sage // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Lilongwe

Not 100% accurate on the tv money. I presume it’s the same as last year in how it’s given.

Money is split so 50% of total tv money is evenly split between all 20 teams.

25% is based on how many tv appearances.

The final 25% is awarded as prize money for where you finish in the league.

More money this year but I guess they use the same format.

• 109 toon kk // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:20 PM

We all have opinions of which players we want and need BUT there’s one stumbling block —- MA and he doesn’t agree or should I say doesn’t want to spend the money. The squad is fine and decent sale of a better player would help boost his profits.

• 110 kevymartins // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Lee Ryder ?@lee_ryder 6m
    #nufc are now officially in talks for Bafetimbi Gomis and the player is understood to be keen on the move. More on http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk

@Belfast not sure if 1 has been made yet.

• 111 jazzyp // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Toondanno
    I would have thought you would have known about any deal before any one else-mmmmm I guess not eh

• 112 Transfer Sage // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Kevy

Doesn’t matter though. Messi won’t leave barca

Anzi did the same in january

• 113 headtheball // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:21 PM

John Tudor @ 26
    I wonder why you think any of us owe or will owe Mashley any money ever. We are not shareholders. It is his toy therefore his profit or loss. If he makes stupid decisions that lose money, it’s his money. I’m sure he will sell when it suits.
    HWTL

• 114 SeanNufc87 // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Rotunda

He said ‘we’ mate not I, stop staring the pot eh?

• 115 kevymartins // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM

@Transfer crazy though, That kind of money could buy our club.

• 116 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM

TDS
    So you don’t want big offers accepted for our players but you argue Ashley shouldn’t invest anymore of his own money into the club whilst also arguing the club is running at a loss
    So where are we supposed to magically pull finds from?
    Can’t have it both ways

Sirtoon
    Support the team not the regime? Don’t remember you sticking to that one over demba ba

• 117 Transfer Sage // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Not sure on gomis…never seen him.

I just genuinely hope he has more about him than the rest of the French boys. They have technical ability but seem to lack consistency, teamwork and coordination…even the basics they keep messing up on the field.

Blame pardew all you want, I do, but he can’t stop them messing up simple ten yard passes, need to take personal responsibility.

• 118 Transfer Sage // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Kevy

Madness…far too much money for a player…I know it’s how the sport is going but think of all the grassroots investment you could do with 200mil…would benefit so many amateur players and kids

• 119 kevymartins // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:25 PM

@Transfer after watching a few clips there he actually looks decent,big strong got the pace.

• 120 Ginger // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Rotonda heights

I know, but I’ll be genuinely surprised if Jonas is not somewhere in the starting lineup first game of the season.

• 121 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM

not what was posted all that was said he took over the dept it never seems to get any less so 2+2=4 it will always go up short term long term you tell me nothing was mentioned of fans owing anything please read carefully before commenting just because it john tudor it could be ED!!!!

• 122 Transfer Sage // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Tads

I’d love to know where clubs like Swansea and west ham are getting money. Are they breaking even or are they racking up huge debt year on year?

Surely we can’t be the only team breaking even? I just don’t see how we cat afford to spend when others do….surely teams can’t keep adding tens of millions in debt each year can they?

• 123 sirtoongospel // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM

TADS – Demba wanted out. Desperately. Everyone knew it including the players.

• 124 Transfer Sage // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Kevy

I think you could make me look good with highlights though haha.

If Carr and the scouts like him that’s ok…I jut feel our players are technical but that’s it. They don’t make good decisions on the pitch, they aren’t tough, they don’t fight often, they let their heads drop….I just think technique is important but we need players Who know how to best use it

• 125 John Tudor // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:31 PM

i wonder why you have read something which i have not posted ,is it me or are you wrong.
    please read it again

• 126 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Wow lee Ryder with a breaking exclusive 24 hours after the Lyon president confirmed it!!!

Rooster

No offence mate but why the hell do people assume because fans want to see ambition that were going to “do a Leeds”
    That is absolute BS
    No one is saying run out and spend £70 million each window, no one is screaming for marquee signings but sensible investment like the academy and sensible squad strengthening
    Do you really think we can’t invest a few million this window? Heaven forbid we ” do a Swansea”

• 127 headtheball // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM

John Tudor @ 26 and @ 121
    I have re-read 26 as you requested @ 121. At 26 you state And We Will Owe Him Millions. You wrote it not me. It’s Mashleys money therefore his debt. I don’t like the guy or Parsnip as the manager but I owe him nothing.
    HWTL

• 128 headtheball // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Billions not millions.
    HWTL

• 129 Rotonda heights // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM

sage

when you’re told to continually hoof it 60 yards confidence goes out the window with even the simplest 5 yard pass

• 130 Rotonda heights // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:56 PM

kevy

if i was barca I’d be tempted to take the 215m

Fantastic player but nearly 27, getting a few more injuries than he used to plus Neymar is on his way

• 131 lesh // Jul 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Miguel // Jul 19, 2013 at 1:08 PM

You’ve just dropped Ben Arfa in it – he had left the training camp, you’re right but all he’d done was slip out for a quick and quiet pint!

He’s right in deep doo doo now!

Is nowt sacred round here!;!!

• 132 rwpoynter // Jul 19, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Moussa, don’t worry about understanding Geordie, most of the country south of Durham don’t! My Dad was born in Heaton and when he took me to Newcastle for the first time when I was ten I came back after a long weekend and my mother couldn’t understand me. To this day I don’t think I ever understood a word my grandmother ever said. Geordie isn’t an accent, it’s a different language, they use different words, but they are lovely people and they make Newcastle Brown. My grandmother must have done something right as she lived to be 101 and never took a tablet in her life, but what it was nobody ever knew!

• 133 hadthetshirt // Jul 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM

He has no chance if he ever visit’s esh in tun then

• 134 julidog // Jul 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I thought Sissoko wore the 7 shirt :P

previous post: Liverpool Interested In Newcastle Winger – But For £25M?

next post: NUFC Fans United Arrange Another Meeting With Newcastle Officials