The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle’s Top Youngster Hoping To Stay Clear Of Injury

10:40 am, Saturday, July 20th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 32 Comments

20 year-old Haris Vuckic is one of the young players fighting to be part of Alan Pardew’s first team squad in the coming season, and those youngsters who don’t make it will be loaned out to other clubs, at least for the first part of the season through January.

haris vuckic motherwell

Haris Vuckic – after scoring on Tuesday night at Motherwell

Newcastle play Rio Ave tonight, and they are a decent side having finished 6th in the Primeira League last season on 42 points, just missing out on the Europa League, but they wer still 36 point behind Champions Porto who pipped Benfica by just one point to retain their title as Portuguese Champions.

This is what Vuckic told the local press today:

“You have to stay strong mentally and physically.” “Nine months was really hard, but now it is good.” “My aim is to be fit. If I am going to be fit, I know I will get a chance in training.”

“Hopefully, the gaffer will give me a chance and I will do my best.” “I am looking forward to Portugal.” “I am working hard and hopefully I will get more chances.”

“Everything now is very good. I have actually forgotten what has happened.” “I am just looking to the future.” “I knew what was coming because I had surgery on my right knee. It was not bad.”

“It was not a big problem, it was just three months.” “It was the cruciate, so it was a little bit different.”

Haris seems to have made a good recovery from his ACL injury he picked up last October, which meant he missed the rest of the season.

But the main thing that the 20 year-old has to do this season, is to stay fit, so he can get some first teams games in at Newcastle, and has a chance to impress.

Since the youngster arrived as a 16 year-old in January of 2009, he has had an injury ravaged tenure on Tyneside, and now is the time for Haris to push on and become the great player he can still become at Newcastle.

And having Faye Downey as a fitness consultant at Newcastle this season should help, and Faye is in Portugal working with the players for the week.

And we think Haris will get another start tonight against Rio Ave, after impressing at Motherwell on Tuesday night, and another goal tonight would also be very nice.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Haris Vuckic · Newcastle News · Newcastle U21 · Newcastle Youth

32 responses so far ↓

• 1 Transfer Sage // Jul 20, 2013 at 10:46 AM

This kid has bags of talent.

Hopefully the last 2 years with very few games hasn’t hindered his progress too much and he can pick up where he left off and continue to improve.

The quality he has and balance reminds me of berbatov, just not quite as refined.

• 2 John Tudor // Jul 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM

man ure sniffed round him i recall

• 3 ~Joke-innear~ // Jul 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Apart from when on the field… he should keep his legs wrapped in Bubblewrap… If possible.. he should bubblewrap his legs while playing football…

its the only feasible way I can see him staying injury free.

• 4 John Tudor // Jul 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM

use him till he drops

• 5 Jamseyd24 // Jul 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I see a good report in the chronicle basically say Cisse is full of sh1t and if he was truly a strict Muslim he would not have worn the Virgin money shirt. So how much shall we expect to sell him for???

• 6 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 20, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Definitely has an eye for goal. That is something which can really be developed and can really set players apart. Good vision too.

• 7 Laurent Robert 32 // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Whatever reason Cisse has, I wouldn’t want to play centre forward in a team if my team mates were camped around our own box for most of the second half whilst I chase shadows up front.

Never mind the awful lack of service to him.

I like Cisse and think he can score a lot of goals if there is emphasis on creating quality chances for him. Not the next to nothing scraps which he currently gets.

• 8 roe997 // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM

If anzi are in for cisse id sell for 15m -20m more if we can get it.

• 9 geordie157 // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM

really hope he’s stay fit now, he can be the missing link between midfield and the striker(s). although so could Marv or Arfa if they got chance to play there.

• 10 ChicagoToon // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Anyone know if any preseason games will have a stream? Reading twitter updates is brutal.

• 11 kt97toonarmy // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I just hope gomis knows what the offside rule is LOL

• 12 geordie157 // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM

would take 15mill for Cisse. If he leaves who will come in.

Gomis seems likely, so i’d go for Gomis, Remy and a younger striker ie Rhodes, Ben Yedder, Saivet. Would even try a 4-5mill for Austin.

Is Siem De Jong an option if Cisse leaves.

• 13 Goodfella // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM

http://www.soccernews.com/marveaux-on-olympiakos-radar/124010/? I hope this isn’t true as I see MA cashing in on marv (expecting good things from him this year)

• 14 jeff // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Verruka is gonna be a serious talent

• 15 Jail for Ashley // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM

jeff,
    You’re about as Indian as LCL pils.

• 16 scout // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Cisse is 20 million

• 17 jeff // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM

jail for ashley your about as geordie as a mackem

• 18 ~Joke-innear~ // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM

That was about as funny as a platypus.

Am I doing it right?

• 19 magpie6699 // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Anybody want a teensy weensy bit of good news about the club? I read that we have just been awarded Category 1 status for our academy – that has to be good, doesn’t it?

• 20 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Magpie6699
    It would be good if it was official

• 21 toon kk // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Ive never seen Gomis play, ive heard different reports What’s he like and has he plenty of pace?

• 22 RooneyToons // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Surely if we sell Cisse our targets should change…. A striker of the same cost and Calibre.

Doumbia anyone?

• 23 Jail for Ashley // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM

jeff,
    You are a mackem !

• 24 Slank // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Jeff @ 14

I think Verruka has a foot problem, bit too injury prone for us.

• 25 Jail for Ashley // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I still don’t think this summer is as bad as last as last year we were full of hope and expectation filled with thoughts of quite possibly having an outside chance of CL or at least an EL spot going down to the wire a few quotes and lack of investment have had us put firmly back in our places now with top eight getting people excited.

• 26 beddersmag // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Laurent robert

He might get more goals if he stayed on side now and again, and perhaps tried contesting the occasional header.

Always said the religious thing was a smokescreen get him out if it is really the case

• 27 toon kk // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Cisse had two massive problems last season, he had very poor service and he forgot the off side rule. If he leaves it would be a shame, if we don’t get at least two quality striker’s and a pacey winger we will struggle again.

• 28 HullMag6 // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM

If socks gets his desired 10 slot if Haris can stay fit an able deputy?

• 29 kt97toonarmy // Jul 20, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Vuckic will make an class impact player cas he is a good player i just hope cambell and bigi get there chance too

Anyway a question 4 u all wouldvu rather win the fa cup or qualify for the champions league?

• 30 toonaids // Jul 20, 2013 at 12:09 PM

from what i have seen and heard of this kid is that he has the brain of a promising footballer something 80% of footballers dont have. keep fit vuckic moi san and youll be massive on tyneside.

get rid of cisse if hes wining on about wonga, to be honest he is quite a selfish player i know thats whats needed in a striker but selfish in the sense that when he can have an easy tap or take a touch he wants every chance he gets to be something unreal. his first time touch is magnificent and if he incorporated that into taking a touch on the ball and even laying it off for assists is something he lacks greatly in and doesnt sound like a team player

a fresh strike force would something that could change our team around because to be honest we have a good enough midfield and defence that could gel magnificently if given the right direction.

i would give remy a chance
    not to keen on gomis
    buy or loan BA back unreal athleticism
    would sign Bent in replace of shola
    vuckic and adam campbell as impact subs

and then see what crops up in january.

still wouldnt go a miss to sign a young internatioal who is breaking in to the squad with the world cup being round the corner, anything like that is worth a punt, someone with less than 10 international appearances, young, cheap, with nuts fulla spunk to get us a wad of goals

• 31 toonaids // Jul 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM

champions league would be huge but fa cup would be a trophy and thats something you need to get the ball rolling. something we could parade around newcastle when we win it!

• 32 Bedsmag77 // Jul 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Afternoon People. This is my first post on here. Please be gentle with me ????

Any real news on where we are at with new signings? At the moment, I’m spending my time between here and SSN, trying to glebe any info. It’s giving me a sore head

previous post: Newcastle Not Interested In Portuguese International