The People is reporting this Sunday that Manchester United have launched a £15M bid for Newcastle French International Yohan Cabaye, who captained Newcastle in the 3-1 defeat at Rio Ave in Portugal.
Yohan Cabaye – Manchester United lodge bid
The news comes from Alan Oliver, the former Evening Chronicle Newcastle supporter and he says Manchester United are the first club to bid for the 27 year-old.
French clubs PSG and Monaco are also thought to be keen on acquiring the 22 times capped French International, who has improved immensely on Tyneside, since joining Newcastle for £4.3M two years ago from then French Champions Lille.
It’s not clear what frame of mind Yohan Cabaye is in, and Alan Pardew was to talk to the Frenchman after he returned to training last week.
But Newcastle will certainly not let Cabaye leave for £15M, and the Red Devils will have to increase their bid for Newcastle to accept it, especially with big spenders PSG and Monaco being interested.
However, Cabaye’s head was turned last summer when Arsenal were said to have moved for him in late August, so a lot depends on whether Cabaye wants to leave Newcastle, and he still has three years left on his five-year deal on Tyneside.
However, it may be hard to turn down a move to one of the most successful clubs in world football.
But we still think it will take closer to £25M for Newcastle to allow Cabaye to leave Tyneside.
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:
You can also reach Ed at email@example.com