The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Darren Bent – I’ll Be Out Of Aston Villa Pretty Soon – I’m Sure

8:29 pm, Monday, July 22nd, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 245 Comments

We had reported this morning that Alan Pardew has revealed that Joe Kinnear had set up some big meetings for this week, and we have to hope those meetings will lead to a striker coming through the door soon, very soon.

darren bent astom villa

Darren Bent – I’ll be out of here pretty soon

And would you believe it, but Darren Bent of Aston Villa has said today that he’s close to leaving the club.

The Daily Star is reporting that the 29-year-old former Sunderland, Charlton, Tottenham and Ipswich striker was signing fans’ shirts from his car window today, when he was asked if he was leaving the club he said this:

“Yeah, I’ll be out of here pretty soon, I’m sure.”

And then when pushed as to which club, Fulham or Newcastle, he would be joining he gave the obvious answer:

“We’ll have to see.”

We think Darren Bent would be a decent signing at the right price for Newcastle, but Fulham, as we reported over the weekend, have a new Billionaire Pakistan-born American owner.

And the small London club have just got into the race for Bent, and they could be willing to pay out the money that Aston Villa are requesting for the striker, which is about £6M.

We really hope we are wrong – but if we were betting people,  we’d plump for Fulham.

But there again, we’ve been wrong before – quite a few times as it turns out – so there’s always hope. :D

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

245 responses so far ↓

• 1 IITianToon // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:34 PM

So saddd!!! Darren freakin Bent!

And dear Torq it lloks like Siem De Jong is staying at Ajax, so annother one bites the dust!!

• 2 Spellcheck // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Darren,my answer to that question would be Fulham!!!!!

• 3 geordie157 // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Charlie Charlie Austin.

• 4 Ben3arfa // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Hes off to Fulham

• 5 Spuggy // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Guys hiddink anyone. He’s quit Anzi.

• 6 Spuggy // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Guus even :)

• 7 Bambams // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Cant remember the last time I felt so disconsolate. …..
    Are we the ones that are totally wrong and we dont need anymore players…..

• 8 IITianToon // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM

@Spuggy A lot of people; but sadly not Mr MA.

• 9 Spuggy // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Guus hiddink, remy and gomis and Cisse gets out a wonga loan to pay off his casino debt.

It’s all in the bag lads ;)

• 10 IITianToon // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I get the feeling that MA is uncomfortable with no one bar Cockneys :P The creamiest of the creamiest European manager to be employed by MA? DOn’t think so!

• 11 Rotonda heights // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Who needs a world class manager like Guus when we have the best D.O.F in world football and a manager who has won the Johnson Painter trophy?

• 12 yo-yo // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Now Guus Hiddink is a class act. Sad that that’s the only thing worth commenting on today with all the vendettas, loveins and wistful schmaltz dominating blog proceedings.

• 13 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:51 PM

so all the people claiming we are nought but doom mongers, what exactly do you lot see, i would like to know

• 14 p // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:53 PM

gus may be off to Barca. If we can’t get Mick Harford, I don’t fancy our chances of getting Gus

Just like PEA, De Jong, Mertens etc etc all bollox – dreaming

If we are lucky we will get Bent/Remy/Gomis and the like or someone we have never heard of who might be quite good.

• 15 hawkwind // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I wonder what the odds are of dennis ( the cretin) Wise coming in as kinnears assistant now that Hartford has knocked him back? You can just imagine joe flicking through his extensive contacts book now. Page 1 mick Hartford. Page 2 Dennis wise. Page 3 vinnie jones. I shudder at the prospect.

• 16 BandB // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Yo-Yo

You always have been the coolest cookie.

I’d love to talk to you face to face. But I know I’d just not be bright enough.

You are dead clever, you.

• 17 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Two teams I would like to see next season

——————————-Krul——————————-

–Debuchy——–M’biwa——–Collocini——–Santon–

——–Sissoko————Cabaye—————Anita——–

———-HBA————–Cisse—————-Remy——–

Or

——————————-Krul——————————-

–Debuchy——–M’biwa——–Collocini——–Santon–

–HBA————-Sissoko———Cabaye——–Sinclair–

———————–Cisse————Remy——————-

• 18 gazza85 // Jul 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM

@Spuggy

I think your having a giraffe. No way will Hiddink join us as things stand.

Only hope in hell would be if MA changed his personality and offered him a hell of a lot of WONGA in pay and a hell of a lot to spend on players.

The guy is one of the most respected coaches in world football and whilst I would love to see someone of his calibre in SJP (something we haven’t had tbh since SBR) I think pigs will grow wings and fly before that happens.

• 19 adwend // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I love this club its were I was born and lived but ma has made nufc something I don’t enjoy anymore and that’s so so sad

• 20 Belfast // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:01 PM

The small club in London will probably show more ambition than us in this transfer window sadly

• 21 bzak12 // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Congratulations to Joking ear on the safe delivery of the royal baby!

• 22 IITianToon // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Bafétimbi Gomis ?@BafGomis 16m
    Good evening , félicitations à la famille royale Anglaise qui a eu le bonheur d’acceuillir un nouveau né. Congratulation…

Waiting for cwarr to start his naked dance!

• 23 bzak12 // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Now can he get on with what he is paid to do!
    Some signings would be nice.

• 24 IITianToon // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Cwarr (thinking: LOL I know, but bear with me) : Gomis has written an English greeting in the post! Thta must mean he is coming to the only English team he’s been linked with!
    cWarr then posts:
    Cwarr on Twitter: Done deal #NUFC #doubtersgohide #MAismycasinobuddy

• 25 jimiley // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM

We have to keep the faith in Big Mike and Joe K ably supported by Alan Parsnip. They came 5th bottom last season and probably think they do not need to sign anybody. No Europe games means we should come about 10th. These boys know what they are doing. Where is all the extra SKY money (50 million) and gate receipts going? Come on Percy, just one signing please, even if its only Darren Bent. He could propel us to a top 6 finish. I think we might win something soon. The club is on firm foundations, is well led and managed, it exploits commercial opportunities eg games on the outer Hebrides (what on earth are the big boys doing in China and America?) and with a litle more luck we could challenge for Champions League.

• 26 BlacknWhiteBarmy // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Cud be gus poyet.

Cant get exited about bent or gicnac. The term big signing only relates to the lardy stature.

• 27 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:07 PM

jim i read that somewhere else

• 28 Yorkgeordie // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Trying to recruit Harford makes me think that someone has decided our scouting system is lopsided and we spend too much time looking to Europe. Harford’s brief was said to be to scour the lower divisions in this country, which leads me to think that Pardew’s naming of Gomis etc. is wishful thinking and Kinnear has other ideas.

• 29 Belfast // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Why has that cwarr kernt not been murdered yet ?
    He deserves a violent death

• 30 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM

@29, come on Belfast, you’re gonna start Ruddy off again on a rant.

• 31 belgrade fan // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Does anybody think that JK is able to bring players in?? He seems like a man with a mental issues who cant control his mouth

• 32 jimiley // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM

One day the Mike Ashley era will be over and we can wake up and start living again. I refuse to give money to that man. The only way to get rid of him is an empty ground. 50 years a supporter and have not been to a game for two years. I can accept incompetent owners but draw the line at a p..s taker.

• 33 Wowhatawhopper // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I for one wouldn’t be too dissapointment if we did get Bent, proven goalscorer need I say more!!

• 34 toon22 // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Yer lol

Like we will be able to attract anyone who has to stand in the shadow of JK,our own giant of world football.

• 35 jimmysmith // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Hiddink would solve our problems in one fell swoop. I remember the moment I heard Ginola had signed, I somehow got from the lounge to the garden involuntarily in about 2 seconds flat and couldn’t remember how I got there then had to pee with sheer excitement, like a dog. I’d be just as excited if we got Hiddink.

And why not, Australia secured him for goodness sake and Mike has the money and could reap healthy returns. Nah, Ash couldn’t handle Gus Hiddink for a second, for all his money they’re chalk and cheese.

• 36 jimiley // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM

There appear to be six teams in the league trying to win something and the rest are just trying to avoid relegation. A strange state of affairs. As a Toon supporter I know that the club is playing to avoid relegation before a ball is kicked. How depressing is that Big Joe and Big Mike?

• 37 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM

@jimley – nail on the head there. Sumarises the state of the league very well.

• 38 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM

they need a rocket up the ar5e

• 39 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM

still have not heard what the do-gooders see what 99% cant see

• 40 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:24 PM

JT, I enjoy quite a lot of your posts, but I’ll be damned if I can understand a lot of them mate.

• 41 Belfast // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Think it’s fairly certain that Kinnear will be our new manager if Pardew leaves.

Kinnear and some mediocre friend as his assistant

• 42 Toon Avenger // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Ok you’ve had your fun, stop mentioning Gus Hiddink on this blog as we’ve no fcuking chance.

• 43 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM

g
    what can the people who think everythings rosy see what 99%cant

• 44 Yorkgeordie // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Perhaps Mike had a word in his ear when Anzhi were at our place.

• 45 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:27 PM

the management require a rectal rocket what is going on

• 46 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Dunno? Prozac?

• 47 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM

ashley would employ gus as a gate person for entry

• 48 skipwallsend1977 // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Lets be realistic, obviously Bent ain’t the most exciting potential signing but let’s not forget, he has done, and certainly can still, bang them in. This season is his last chance to prove himself worthy of a World Cup England side. Canny big rocket up the @rse that like.

• 49 lesh // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM

And the new prince will be known as Prince Joe of Wimbledon. Rejoice, rejoice, Joe has done his bit for the succession.

His next assignment?

• 50 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM

that is why 8 pl clubs are after him

• 51 beddersmag // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM

This prob already been posted but interesting…..

• 52 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:32 PM

is that double standards

• 53 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Are any of the bookies sites posting the odds yet of the royal baby, prince (insert name here (or Joe according to lesh)) playing for England yet? Might put a score on that tomorrow.

• 54 james589 // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Sad state of affairs when we’re moaning about potentially losing a transfer race for Darren Bent if you ask me.

Let’s just bring Marlon Harewood and Shefki Kuqi back and have done with it eh?

• 55 Rotonda heights // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:33 PM

bent was good 2/3 years ago when he had pace. injuries have taken that away from him now.

• 56 BlacknWhiteBarmy // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Its looking like i wont be coming up north this year to watch the dross that will no doubt be served up this year. This should save me around £1000 (7 matches, fuel etc). Cant see me buying a wanka top and even thinking twice of starting SS again. All in all a saving of around £2000 – happy days.

I never mind when we look as though we are trying to compete, but the current regime looks as if 17th good enough. When the likes of cardiff, swansea, norwich and scumderland are strengthening their teams and we are off loading players from an already stretched team then it does not look good. The re introduction of jokeinere and the attempt to bring in hartford further adds to my view that we are in hte market for cut price bargains. Bent – a player who couldnt get into a v poor villa team. Remy – went for money and then got relegated. Wow wirh players like this we are living the dream.

• 57 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Total sport,
    Saying Guus Hiddink going to Barca.
    Mick Harford saying Newcastle position is not the right time for him, meaning he has a bit more integrity than the two cretins he met with and will at least wait until Pards walks or is sacked before joining up with his old mate.

• 58 Jamseyd24 // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I hate to be so negative but what else can we be lately? Firstly Bent will be in London by the end of the week and second, not a change in hell would Guss Hiddink come to the circus we call our beloved NUFC.

• 59 santonthenewmaldini // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM

It would be a great idea to try and snap up British youngsters from the lower leagues Bale etc came from the lower leagues and if you are quick before they get big you can get a bargain with a heavy sell on fee

Wish we had got Rhodes before he went to Blackburn

Anyone really worried that we might not sign anyone before the City game ?

• 60 Belfast // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Bedders stop trying to steal my exclusives

• 61 Belfast // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Think I’d be happy with any signing at this point.

Apart from Carlton Cole

• 62 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM

evening guys
    looks like Liverpool are following the nufc route.in talks with aly sissokho and gamerio both who we have been linked with in the past.

• 63 gazza85 // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM

@ Belfast

I hear Shefki Kuqi is available :’(

• 64 spitfire_ // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Cisse want more money is that simple… kind of Benteke’s business.

• 65 Toon Avenger // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM

We won’t sign Bemt.

We will never pay 5-6 million on a (almost) 30 year old player, no chance in hell.

• 66 Belfast // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:43 PM

The devout muslim who loves to gamble in casinos

Well scooped lol

• 67 beddersmag // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Belfast ha ha i knew i would have missed the boat but didnt have time to check the comments. Actually just remembered it was me who told you :-)

• 68 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM

santon@58
    ive got a feeling thing are gonna start moving in the transfer stakes for nufc this week.
    maybe not the players we were all hoping for,but we need to bolster big time as we all are very much aware.

• 69 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Where’s Torque and Danno?

• 70 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I’m worried that the selling of Leon Best signifies the fact that Mashley won’t have more than three strikers on the books so we are stalling negotiations to see what happens with Cisse, if the Cisse situation is resolved we have him, Gouffran and Shola with AC making sporadic bit parts.

• 71 Toon Avenger // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM

If anyone can say that the person in the picture is 100% Papiss Cisse then you’re a fcuking liar.

• 72 james589 // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Bent has been hampered by injuries in recent times. If we signed him I can see it being another Owen situation. I’d put money on Kevin Philips banging in more goals than next season.

And as for the few posts I keep seeing re. Charlie Austin, whilst I agree he knows where the goal is and could be a steal, Hull just turned him down over concerns about a recurring shoulder injury. Given all the problems we seem to have with injuries I’d say it isn’t worth the risk… Only need to look as far at Stevie Taylor to see what a dickie shoulder does for you – can anyone remember the last time we had a full season out of him?

• 73 Belfast // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Jelavic is available apparently

• 74 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I’d take Bent now as an addition to the squad but not as “Ba’s replacement”

• 75 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:47 PM

belfast he is 45

• 76 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Toon Tom,
    Torque is still in a huff because somebody called him names and Toon Danno doesn’t exist any more.

• 77 Belfast // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I posted it today stole it of twatter, but it’s still my scoop lol

• 78 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:48 PM

jfa i thought it was a few called him names

• 79 Toon Avenger // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM

All these strikers we are linked with and the majority that most of you mention all need service to be effective.

Under Pardew any of these players would be a waste of money,

If we want success we need someone like Remy who can create chances himself and be greedy whilst that donkey Jonas deceives everyone by mindlessly runnning up and down the left tracking back to the full back position to do eff all.

• 80 Novocastrian66 // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Gus Hiddink used to go to Joe’s for pie and mash and jellied eels when he was at Chelsea. Gus has never forgot the kindness and hospitality Joe bestowed on him and vowed that if Joe got back into football he would work with him.
    I know this is true as my cousin is a cockney and sold a bloke called Joe potted shrimps and eels every week.

• 81 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM

where have all the ITKs gone

• 82 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I remember Danno saying over 2wks ago we were in finalised talks with Remy. And that DeJong’s arrival was “imminent”

Bastads giving us loony toons false hope ;)

• 83 Belfast // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:50 PM

ToonDanno probably changed his name

He’ll be back in a few weeks with inside info, under his new name.

• 84 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:50 PM

jail for Ashley
    Gerardo martino is the new barca coach mate on a three year deal

• 85 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:50 PM

or is it TKFAs

• 86 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM

i prefer the TKFAs

• 87 Toon Avenger // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM

There isn’t one person that has posted on here that has ever been ITK and what’s worse than them are the idiots that believe it.

• 88 scout // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Bent will sign

• 89 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:52 PM

John Tudor,
    I must have missed it but if getting a bit of stick on a blog upsets you then maybe one should stick to knitting.

• 90 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:53 PM

TKFA sounds correct JT ;)

• 91 Belfast // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I was just about to say the same.
    There was guy who worked in a hotel that posted genuine info donkeys ago, but that’s about it.

• 92 stan anderson // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Dont dare talk of Hiddink coming here,he is winner and we will always be losers with this bunch in charge of our club.At least Shola will be here to collect his wages.

• 93 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM

i am ITK
    i know i’m really cheesed off with the none goings on here

• 94 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:55 PM

toondanno was sussed from day 1 as he refused to answer any questions other than the remy saga !!

• 95 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Jazzp,
    You don’t think that maybe JfK reminded him about how they won the CL together in ’88 and how he’d like to do it again at the Toon.

• 96 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM

jail
    don’t knit can’t knit won’t knit
    but like a bit stick
    woof woof

• 97 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM

JT,
    I meant Torq, I think he does a bit of knitting when he’s not mingling with French footballers.

• 98 JaxtheMag // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:03 PM

I hope he is going to Fulham.

• 99 Novocastrian66 // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Someone came on a week or so ago and broke the Mick Harford link. Can’t remember his tag but it now appears his source is genuine.

• 100 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM

ahh i thought it was me upsetting people again i once regressed and saw him in the crowd of madam la guillotine knitting a black and white scarf
    crap the regression was in black n white he may have knitted a red and white scarf

• 101 JaxtheMag // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM

hiddinks going to barca.

• 102 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM

jail
    Europe and nufc don’t go together as we found out last season .Or was that another percy excuse !!

• 103 John Tudor // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM

sorry lads the bed awaits
    who knows tomorrow
    onwards and upwards eh
    chin up

• 104 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:09 PM

@97, to be fair to Torq (and I’m not saying he was legit, just not completely dismissing it either) he did always state that his rumours were not set in stone, but more down to the medical side of things. If any of the older bloggers can remember Jimmymagpie, he used to get loads of stick, but he was rarely wrong (although his choice of wording often let him down). I’m a natural sceptic, but I believe in free speech, and as long as its not too ridiculous, I’m prepared to listen to people’s misplaced information and speculation.

• 105 JaxtheMag // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I hope man u get fabragas instead of cabye

• 106 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Novo,
    Harford give a statement to the Journal a few weeks ago saying how great JfK was they probably put two and two together, I’d hazard a guess that only Mikey and JfK knew anything about this.

• 107 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:11 PM

jaxthemag
    see @84, hiddink is not

• 108 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM

We can’t sign mediocre CF’s , or Mackem coaches/scouts so how the funk could we get Hiddink over our line?

• 109 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:14 PM

g
    couldn’t agree more mate.
    I always found torq very informative, but the likes of toondanno-proud and hazzy1 im afraid we easy to read that they were blaggers straight away

• 110 yo-yo // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:15 PM

BandB

Aaw you flatterer .. and I thought you were the academic on here.
    We are not worthy eh ?

• 111 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:15 PM

G,
    I have never doubted that Torq is a physio that knows a few French footballers I just don’t get why he gets so upset if a few people call him names, in the last two days I have been called a mackem, a girl and a retard and that I talk shite if you can’t handle it don’t post, he obviously can’t.

• 112 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Aye, some mothers do have em eh Jazzyp? I’ve posted a few second hand rumours on here myself in the past, which have turned out to be bum steers, however, I have always pointed out that the information was from less than reliable sources.

• 113 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:17 PM

If we had the appropriate set up – ie Owner/DOF/Manager/Coach then I would let Cabaye go for £25M on the condition we would immediately reinvest it. A CM who is as good as or better, another addition to the squad, a decent forward – but under this regime I would hate any other if our purples leave – (Krul/Cabaye/Benny/Cisse)

I wouldn’t trust Cashley or JFK with that money to reinvest

• 114 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:19 PM

jail
    only reason you don’t get upset is because all of the above are true.
    only kidding mate-had to get that one in lol

• 115 JAMSHA // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM

just get austin n rodes

• 116 yo-yo // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I think we really have been trying to get both De Jong and PEA in for some time but both deals failed. Now I wouldn’t blame any ITK for the lack of success of JFK in getting anybody ‘over the line’. Siem has decided to stay at Ajax though it definitely was rumoured he was going to leave up til last week. PEA chose a more ambitious club.
    Don’t blame Torq or anybody else for the club’s failure – sorry DOF’s failure – they were just passing on what they had heard.

• 117 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Only reason Jail doesn’t get upset is because getting random abuse from strangers on an online blog is too good for Jail ;-)

• 118 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Jail, I’ve probably called you worse to be fair! Seriously though mate, we all react differently to these things. I’ve upset people on here before, and ate humble pie as a result. Just rather sick of everybody on here tearing strips out of each other over their frustrations at the club.

• 119 roe997 // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Im currently working away in hull and im getting stick from the locals and the mackam co workers i travel with. This is not a good time to be a fan. You owe me one mike for being the focal point of humiliation every weekday.

• 120 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:24 PM

g
    personally I would sooner read stuff that torq use to post rather than the same old same old that is posted on here day in day out

• 121 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:24 PM

@120 Back of the net

• 122 yo-yo // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Jail

But you pride yourself on yer thick skin, lightning wit and play the gallery. Torq was only commenting on football matters and things he’d heard – he did not deserve what was thrown at him.
    I think he is a cardiac kind of guy not a physio too..

• 123 yo-yo // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM

jazzy

me too

• 124 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM

yo yo
    I think we can definitely write off siem de jong from joining the toon now.
    we tried in the jan transfer window and again in this window, but to no avail !!

• 125 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I remember listening to total sport one night and Ando said that Erik Pieters was definitely going to sign, I doubt he was seeking attention but deals do fall through more than most it seems with us,Torq got a lot of stuff right Iin January with players a lot of us hadn’t heard of, but he needs to man up and get on with it.

• 126 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Believe it or not the only reason Ashley wants a better academy is not for the love of local Geordies but to cash in when bigger clubs come calling.

Any team outside of the top 6 that has quality young English talent will see them poached by the like of Man U & City . And a lot of the times it ruins their careers.

• 127 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Yo yo,
    I know what you’re saying and maybe I missed the most of the stick he got and it’s worse than the bit I saw, but look at WW… he’s one of the most pleasant posters on here yet I’ve seen some random dck head tear in to him over something, you just have to get on with it.

• 128 stan anderson // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Who knows if we tried to sign anyone.Who is aware of what is happening at the club,apart from the cockney wide boys.

• 129 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Jail, I think all regular posters have had that at some point or other. I think even Ibiza has had chew and he seems to be one of the most annoyingly cheerful non-commital posters on the blog. I know I’ve had loads of it too (and to be fair, some of it was probably deserved)

• 130 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM

My abuse dropped about 70% when I made up with bills :)

• 131 yo-yo // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM

JfA

Yeh.. I just got a new notch on my belt today too – a somewhat waspish swipe from the new woman in your life :)

And I have to say it can be real fun playing the WUMs and trolls sometimes…

• 132 jazzyp // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM

a guy by the name of gazzaforever was on here the other day abusing people for no reason.
    im afraid your going to get them in all walks of life.

• 133 yo-yo // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Jail

Trouble with Bills is his moral rectitude regarding Ashley.
    His football comments are always a good read mind

• 134 yo-yo // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:44 PM

jazzy

Aye and some of the kids and mackems take pride in knocking copy.
    Bet they’re cheeky at school too.
    Sad wee lives at such young ages.
    VIV is a reincarnation of Ted and Bob and some other three letter WUM combo.

• 135 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Yo-yo,
    Bills is always a good read when he’s not talking about interest free loans and how great Mashley is, Band B is a top poster as well.

• 136 TorqToon // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Evening jail.

Listen mate, as much as people might not like me, or what I post on here. I haven’t gone off and thrown my toys out of the pram. Nor am I sulking, knitting or anything else you or Tudor might suggest.

The truth is, I got sick of this place. I got sick of the negativity and to be honest, I got sick of people treating me differently. Tudor, I suspect, doesn’t like me, and maybe yourself as well. And perhaps just leaving the blog in the way I did May be perceived as wrong or childish.

However, when people abuse me (which maybe you don’t know the full extent, doubt my honesty, doubt my ability to do my profession, and even bring my FAMILY into the matter, that’s when I needed to step away. It wasn’t purely a case of me being ‘called names’ like you believe.

Whilst having a job to do, I also had to get away from this blog and what it brings. I stopped posting regularly regarding stuff I hear purposely, to avoid getting peoples backs up. Yet that didn’t work, so a total break was the only option left. I’ve relocated during my time away so have had a busy time of late.

I hate the ITK label, and if anybody can show me where I have said 100% Remy, De Jong or anybody else is coming to this club, then I wi’ll put my hands up. But that wont happen as i’ve never said as such.

John Tudor and Hatemisbetterthanmessi, and myself have come to blows in the past, but I plan on leaving that there.

I won’t be on very much, purely because I have a job and it’s about to get very busy. Not because I can’t stand the heat.

People will think what they want of me, and that’s fine. But when my family was brought into the mix, the line was crossed.

As I say, I don’t hold a grudge, nor do I judge people.

Sorry for the long post. Goodnight gents.

HWTL

• 137 beautifulmind // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Remy in newcastle for talks. Medical set for thursday if hooper signs for qpr as expected

• 138 Joe Sophistication // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM

There are some real nasty posters on this ere blog,,some that cant admit when they are wrong and some so argument bound that they cant think straight ..and its apparent to all but themselves..there are trouble makers, and schit stirrers and all manner of titheads ..childish people ..So instead of posting your fav Newcastle lineup how about your …..

Worst/awful/ poster list ? ! I will start the ball rolling for ya …

G.

• 139 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Torq, dont let them get you down. Absolutely right to get upset when family is brought into it. I look forward to your regular return, assuming you find time, to discuss your views, regardless of ITK tags or none. You are a big miss mate.

• 140 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM

JS, welcome back. I’ve missed you so much. Not to worry though, still got 29 rounds left.

• 141 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Beautifulmind – what is your source? HP, Heinz?

• 142 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:54 PM

KKK meeting finished early tonight did it JS?

• 143 beddersmag // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Toon avenger

I think thats a bit cynical of course there are itk’s. There must be given there are so many people know staff of the club or at the training ground and people talk. In fact i broke the collo getting a cramlington teenager pregnant. Not an itk, just i know a guy who lives in cramlington and knows the girl. I reckon on transfers its a bit like getting a tip from the owner of a horse. You can never guarantee its going to win, but you do know when its trying. There simply has to be people out there with good information and by all accounts some on here have been right a few times?

• 144 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:55 PM

JS – worst poster, in terms of who annoys me the most is Danno

• 145 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I’v stepped away for a couple of months also during the past year.

It can get a bit warm in here at times.

It can really drag you in like.

• 146 wolfshead@toon // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM

joe

i think some ppl have probs in their life life and use this site as a hate sponge haha

• 147 yo-yo // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM

And we’ve also lost a few really good posters in the last few months. Saw one post from Solano recently but nothing much from Beattie who is clearly getting a life.

It’s the purely repetitive stuff that is a waste of space.. You know who I mean…

• 148 bills-son // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Jail,

It’s crossed my mind that you post as solano, MacToon, stuart09, Ruddy and jimiley so you can have still have a swipe at me on the side from all angles.

Yo-yo,

Does moral rectitude have anything to do with having a good sh1te? Sounds like it.

• 149 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Torq,
    If you look at my posts I’ve got nothing against what you post or you,I have never doubted your profession or your integrity, maybe it’s because I missed some of the insults being hurled around that I thought you over reacted to getting a bit of stick on here, we have all had stick on here some more than others, it would be a shame if you decided to stop posting but if you are going to let a minority get you down then that’s up to you.
    HWTL.

• 150 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM

It’s inevitable that every summer it will get a bit off-track without a match to look forward to. It’s just a shame people on here get so personal and aggressive

• 151 yo-yo // Jul 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Hi Torq

nil carborundum ‘n’ all that

• 152 yo-yo // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:00 PM

bills

Only when yer trying to squeeeeeze out a wee justification for MA :)

I hope your right but fear you’re wrong

• 153 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:01 PM

How about – for shits and giggles – we each write a one/liner to give us more of an idea who we are dealing with on here ;)

ie

Tom, 27 from Benton, Business Analyst, Engaged, 2 daughters ,

• 154 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Bills,
    Don’t be a dingbat, my one other alias was for a day, raj of hailsey which was to annoy pushy/carl/Ian Toon.

• 155 yo-yo // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Mr Blog Polis

Please excuse me for ‘your’ when I meant ‘you’re’

• 156 wolfshead@toon // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:03 PM

tom shouldnt that be divorced haha

• 157 yo-yo // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Tom … or a debunk

Jeff Not 13, not Indian

• 158 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Differing opinions should not lead to family insults or any kind of insults to be fair.

• 159 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Yo-yo,
    I said there instead of their today and got away with it :0

• 160 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Wolf – ha ill give it a few more months before my relationship status changed to “divorced”

• 161 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:06 PM

@153, Gaz, over 45 (as much as I’m admitting and thats pushing it), from Scotswood, living in Wallsend, and work for a government department shouting at people (can’t specify, I suspect my boss reads this), divorced a couple of times, 1 teenage daughter, one toddler daughter.

• 162 wolfshead@toon // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:06 PM

jfa

thats bad grammar hangings too good for you haha ;-)

• 163 Joe Sophistication // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:07 PM

G…..

HI

Lets be friends …. Ding Ding !.. your a good poster as a rule,but you slip up now and then if someone get’s one on ya !

You used to be a Dick..now your just a bit of a dick ..

Welcome to Dick club .

Sub’s/due’s to be paid by the end of the month mind.

• 164 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I wonder who we are bringing in then to help Kinnear?

Who else could it be from Wimbledon?

Scout the young talent from the lower divisions. Sounds ok, Dosn’t inspire a great deal of confidence considering we are still crying out for experienced players to be brought in right now.

• 165 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM

So MrG works for the Inland Revenue? ;)

• 166 bills-son // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Ruddy earlier on said what is there to look forward to and why are idiots like me not wallowing in the gloom. …

Here are some the previous doom forecasts by the majority on this blog….

We would do a Leeds after we got relegated.

We were doomed after Ashley appointed Hughton instead of Kinnear.

We we were doomed after Ashley appointed Pardew.

We were doomed after Ashley sold AC.

We were doomed after we sold Enrique, Barton and Nolan.

We were doomed when we replaced AC with free signing ‘Shola Two’ Ba.

We were doomed when we only signed Anita last summer – nearly right that one.

We were doomed when Remy signed for QPR – showed nobody would sign for us.

Now….

We are doomed because we’ve kept AP, JK has come and we haven’t signed anybody yet.

Well the doom mongers have been nearly right once and totally wrong the rest of the time.

So……………. All together……

Always look on the bright side of life…

Da da, da da, da da da da, da.

• 167 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:11 PM

JS, I despair, I gave you 5 mins of my time the other night (mainly because nobody responded, and I felt sorry), and suddenly there’s racial slurs going on, come on, no need.

• 168 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:14 PM

@165, thankfully not. It’s redevelopment funding based, not rip your wallet via yer balls based.

• 169 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Bills,
    I wouldn’t say doomed but if we don’t bring in another striker, two if Cisse leaves then this season isn’t going to be much fun.

• 170 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:14 PM

It’s all good scouting players from across the globe and also in lower divisions, that’s what it takes to develop a good team – however when we have that “good team” as I strongly believe we do now, why not coach the current team, develop the and bring out the best in them instead of constantly looking for new cheap players to add to the crop?

We have the best team (players) on our books that we have had in over 10yrs, yet we are underachieving massively. Imaging if we had a quality manager, a shroud tactician and a good set up with out current squad! I’m not Pardew bashing here as I still think we need to give him 1 more year to prove his worth, but something is not right in house. And this was before JFK hijacked us.

• 171 bills-son // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Correction,

Doomed when Ashley appointed Hughron instead of Shearer.

• 172 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:15 PM

G @165 – excellent, we can remain friends ;)

• 173 Joe Sophistication // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:16 PM

G

Thats all I need to hear from you as re kkk…naughty thing to throw at someone ..takes any discussion on to another level old bean ,,I will let that go and tell you that my nephew played for Barbados in the world cup qualifiers ..and I love him and ..he is here a lot . cease with that card..

• 174 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Bills @171 – would you have rather kept Shearer on?

• 175 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Dixy Normas, 20, from The Pleiades, living in a Rubik’s Cube in Transylvania, Hermaphrodite that sells amyl-nitrate out of a suitcase. No spouse or kids.

• 176 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Toon Prodigy,
    Did Eric Gates play for Wimbledon ?
    On a serious note, I think we will see Harford at the club when Pardew walks or more likely pushed I just think that mackem Mick didn’t want to get involved with helping Pards out the door.

• 177 G // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:20 PM

@173, complete horse’s, you know it, I know it, and everybody who visits the blog regularly knows it. Anyway, had enough tonight chaps, to those who are not Mackem Trolls, good night, to Joe Sophistication, just go back to your own blog and leave decent people who know what soap is alone.

• 178 Joe Sophistication // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:21 PM

G
    its just banter and there are no racial slurs ..I cant see any and dont write or think that way , If you keep saying it you might start a riot on here as there are none from me ..can you see any ? I cant. Cut it out ..

• 179 lesh // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM

@57. Jail, I think you’ve hit the nail on the head when you suggested that Harford had sussed out Joe’s plans and wouldn’t be part of that plot to undermine Pardew.
    If that is the case, good for

• 180 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Toon-Tom.

Pardew has until Christmas for me. I tend to lean against the reason we are underacheiving is because a lack of planning on the footballing side from upstairs. Always set-up for failure through dragging our heels.

I actually think Pardew could take us and cement us as a top 8 club. Anything higher and I think he could struggle with this regime requiring the amount of backing needed to compete.

I think MA is quite happy for us to be mid table and it’s not good enough really.

• 181 bills-son // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Bills-son, touching 60 and anything under 70 I can get my hands on, married until wor lass wises up, retired leather wringer for a one armed window cleaner, currently writing my first book ‘The life and times of Newcastle United legend Mike Ashley’.

• 182 bills-son // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Toon-tom @174,

Yes, at the time I thought Shearer was the best bet to rally the troops after relegation.

Ashley got it right with Hughton.

• 183 Toon1978 // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Bent going to Fulham………………phew!!!!

• 184 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Lesh – Hartford, due to his upbringing, knew he would get eaten alive by the majority of fans so made the right choice for both parties. He seems like a good lad to be fair. But so do some mackems ;)

• 185 Joe Sophistication // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM

G

Goodnight.

• 186 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Jail,

Really? Harford for manager? You could well be right.

I would of loved to be a fly on the wall in that meeting eh?

Joe and Mick running the show. There is a nasty thought.

• 187 Toon_Tom // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Bills – that book will outsell before we replace Ba I’m sure ;)

Regarding Shearer – he was never the right man in my opinion. He was brought in as a moral boost as opposed to his coaching skills. It didn’t work, Hughton brought in, and the rest is history!

If BigAll wants to get in to management again he must start lower, as did RoyKeane, in order to get used to the big stage without ruining his team and reputation

• 188 lesh // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

TorqToon @136.

Sorry to hear that you’ve been a tad pi$$ed of with some of our fraternity.

Chin up me owls son and keep a haad bonny lad.

• 189 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Bent to Fulham?

Where is this story Toon?

Im sat watching sky sports news nout on here?

• 190 jimmysmith // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I would gladly have had Harford at the Toon as a player in his prime. In his late twenties early thirties he was a textbook old fashioned centre forward, really excellent. As a coach or scout I’m less enthusiastic, although he seems a gentleman and no nonsense type.

• 191 Joe Sophistication // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Lukaku
    Shane
    Snodgrass
    Hernandez
    Remy
    DeJong . S
    Alderweireld

I know …We’r all just Pissing in the wind.

• 192 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

He did have some good things to say about the Toon like, very complimentary.

• 193 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Don’t worry lads, I predict a quad signing of Alderwireld,De Jong, Sinclair & Remy tommorrow :) . Well at least in my dreams anyway ;)

• 194 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Toon Prodigy,
    Obviously it’s just my opinion but JfK seems to have Mashleys ear and Mikey has asked who he would like as manager when he finally manages to get rid of Pards who had the temerity to slag him last season, well JfK isn’t going to reply, get a forward thinking continental coach Mikey, but my old pal Mick knows exactly how I work and we’ll keep you in the Prem.

• 195 lesh // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM

• @ 188….. Torq, for owls son read owld son.

Mickey mouse phone!!!

• 196 jimmysmith // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM

To be honest, I don’t see a Harford, Kinnear management team, as deflating as that would seem, to be necessarily any worse what we’ve got and would certainly be more candid and probably send out a more attacking, aggressive 11.

• 197 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM

TP,
    That’s probably because he’ll be here six games into the season.

• 198 jordijohnty // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Guus Hiddink is probably thinking “Hmmm… Newcastle or Barcelona…Hmmm…Decisions, Decisions….” We will get Gus eventually. Poyet.

• 199 Jail for Ashley // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Jimmysmith,
    Maybe not but it would let us know officially that mid table is the best we’ll rver achieve.

• 200 Joe Sophistication // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Torq

This Blog is full of children ,,and people who don’t know what fair nature is .

Also there are those that know, and there are those that don’t know , and there are folks that don’t know that they don’t know !

And there are people ready to play the race card at any time, for no good reason, thus letting themselves, and brethren down .

Just ignore the obvious fools on here..You are a first class writer and very informative ..always have been.

Its only the jealous bloggers on here that question you.. have a jealous dig at you.

They want to look clever at all times , and cannot stand someone with something about them stealing the limelight . We all know who they are ..

I recall Jimmymagpie being accused of being a liar when he posted first hand news ..and he was always right ..some did not like it on here and just could not take it. They hounded him off…he left the blog because of it

Poor guy died within a week of leaving

Don’t let the Bastar*s grind you down mate ,Its just Jealousy.

• 201 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I am beggining to think Mike Ashley is secretley a Mackem trying to systematiccally ruin NUFC and its fans.

When you think he’s done it all you are wrong and he comes and slaps you in the face with something worse. Whether its Joe Kinnear Sports Direct Arena or Wonga.

We may be better off financially but I keep asking myself, Is it worth it ?

• 202 Toon-Prodigy // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Jail,

Aye it certaintly looks dodgy, but when has it been anything else over the past five years? He never ceases to amaze me. Ever.

Lol, aye that could be one reason like. Buttering us up for his pending arrival. Im sure JK would be foaming if Mick got the job over him. That would be a funny rant from JK, would it not haha.

• 203 peasngravy // Jul 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Just logged back on and seen Torqs been back on, hope some people are happy with themselves. Torq was the only one on here with any credibility and its disgusting the way he’s been drove off, this is a bad bad day for the blog and its a hell of a poorer place without him.
    Long live the Torq,

COME BACK TORQ, like I’ve already said there a very small minority and why should they spoil it for everyone else.
    Speak up boys, don’t let Torq go

• 204 jordijohnty // Jul 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Jesus,some of ya take this blog so personal

• 205 magsie // Jul 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Torq

I never post on here though ive read this blog for literally years, (gives me something to do when on lunch break in my truck)
    Anyhow just want to say i also look forward to your posts as right or wrong on your predictions they are generally a good read and bring some canny discussions on here unlike quite a few other self opinionated azzholes who seem to have taken over this blog in the last few months!

• 206 jimmysmith // Jul 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I just don’t think Ashley has anything like the necessary self belief or passion to pursue on field success for the Toon. He certainly didn’t seem that comfortable with the expectations and demands that came with that unexpected 5th place finish. Feet of clay or just too plain penny wise, one or the other it seems to me.

• 207 AaranD // Jul 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM

This is meant to be a site where fans come together and express opinions about the club. Not to have a go at people and come up with immature personal attacks.
    There are some wild and varied posts that pop up but just because you disagree doesn’t mean your right (and vice a versa)
    You wont always agree with someones opinion but that’s what makes things interesting, having different outlooks on situations is much better than everyone just nodding their heads like sheep. Little rant over :D

Back to business, personally I think Bent along with Remy + Gomis would be a good signing if we lose Cisse. Proven prem player and will score goals.
    After looking at the bigger picture, I do think the way the club are trying to broaden the scouting system is a really positive thing. There is some top notch talent in the lower leagues and being the club we are its vital for us to unearth some, BRITISH, potential stars. It’s just anything which involves Big Joe will always bring negative views from fans and ultimately lead to us thinking the worst.

• 208 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Hmmmmmm, posters I have never heard of blindly defending Torq.

Got nothing against Torq and everyone has their right to use the blog but these multiple accounts have to stop.

• 209 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Jordijohnty

Majority of ‘em love the drama, deep down.

• 210 jimmysmith // Jul 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Ashley obviously has real business acumen, but challenging for a place at the top table of the EPL and handling the demands that come with that. Jesus, we’re just not up to it, that really is the big time. This group couldn’t get us there, much less keep us there and he probably knows it and that’s why he won’t be having a dip anytime soon as far as I can tell, actually never, if the last 6 years is anything at all to go by.

• 211 jordijohnty // Jul 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Too true, Mr Robert. Too true

• 212 beddersmag // Jul 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Im looking forward to a season where we all get behind pardew. There is no option as the alternative is certainly kinnear. At least we will all be united for a change. Im thinking the ‘hoofball’ wouldnt get any better under him. Always said careful what you wish for :-)

• 213 jimmysmith // Jul 23, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Ofcourse the greater majority of us are 100% behind the Toon come hell or high water. That’s probably Ashley’s greatest asset, the clubs long suffering but helplessly loyal fan base.

• 214 Zero // Jul 23, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Looks like Torq has been hounded off, congrats guys really nice…. now instead of someone saying that they may have heard something in their job which is most likely true we now only have the absolute BS from Jornos and kids pretending to be ITKs. Its really nice to see that we are all mature enough here to take out our frustrations of the owner and useless management not signing people/paying the going rate on someone who ‘merely says i heard we may be in for xx’

*lets all give the lads a clap*

• 215 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 23, 2013 at 1:03 AM

@ Zero

He is a grown man, I’m sure he will get over it. Not that I have a problem with him and if he does genuineley have insider info then he can prove the doubters wrong when it comea true.

• 216 josh // Jul 23, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Reading through the last third of the comments I feel it is appropriate for peggy mitchell to step in and shout “get ouuta maaa pub” anytime now.

• 217 RonVanDam // Jul 23, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I still dont know why we havent gone for Jordan Rhodes. This guy is a star in the making. Do all our players need to come from France?

• 218 AmeriToon // Jul 23, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Evening everyone, i feel like a complete fool cuz i just realized that i can comment from my phone. Ive been reading the blog for about two months now and really enjoy most of the posts. Hope to join convos in the future

• 219 gonufc (not Arf' bad) // Jul 23, 2013 at 4:03 AM

Well, what on earth is this bizaare situation with Mick Harford??

If Kinnear is in charge of transfers- as was said in the nufc press release announcing him being hired- then why is he hiring coaching staff?

If it was to be Kinnear’s ‘assistant’ then that really is weird- is Kinnear so useless that he needs an assistant as Director of Football?!?!

I can’t believe this is possible, but this whole Kinnear thing is getting even STRANGER!

• 220 p // Jul 23, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Gon, he was going to be a scout focussed on lower leagues in england

• 221 p // Jul 23, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Hiddink resigned, losing to pardew finally ate himself up inside

• 222 bills-son // Jul 23, 2013 at 7:06 AM

I see the Mail is saying our shambles continues because Harford has stayed with Millwall.

Strange, we were a shambles for appointing him – er, no we didn’t actually – and now we are a shambles when he decides to stay at a club who only appointed him a month ago.

This shambles of a club has no debt, a group of players who were bought for peanuts who are worth 3/4 times what we paid for them, 50,000 home crowds and fantadtic away support.

I understand fans frustration with Ashley but I really really really hope we get three good signings in, no top player is sold and shove it right up the ar$es of the sh1t stirring journos by having a cracking season.

This idiots in charge at the Shambles Asylum diatribe that is constantly pumped out by the press and many fans was the same stuff that was chucked out in the months before we finished 5th.

• 223 bills-son // Jul 23, 2013 at 7:17 AM

I wonder if fans of ManU and PSG are ranting that their clubs want to get on with it and sign Cabaye?

I mean, is all this speculation just a plot to sell season tickets? How long do they frickin need to put a bid in? If NUFC want £25M why be tight fisted greedy bstads and only offer £15M?

The truth might just be the powers that be don’t think he’s worth it plus they know that our unambitious money grabbing owner is exactly the opposite and won’t sell for a penny less than his vastly overvalued fee.

• 224 bills-son // Jul 23, 2013 at 7:19 AM

I’d sign that Carol the weather girl as a fitness coach any day.

Worth every penny.

• 225 JAMSHA // Jul 23, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Sunderland have tabled an offer for Lorenzo
    Insigne, but the 22-year-old striker is expected
    to remain with his current employers Napoli -
    NORTHERN ECHO

as if he would join da scums

• 226 Jail for Ashley // Jul 23, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Bills,
    But we do have debt 130M owed to Mike Ashley which is a major stumbling block in being able to sell to somebody who might have ambition for the club and as for having a go at Man U be it in jest over haggling over 10M pounds we lost out on a target over 500K which when you look at the bigger picture of place money turned out to be a calamitous bit of business.

• 227 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 23, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Bills,
    Man Utd fans are definitely getting annoyed that no top midfielder has been bought yet but they are more interested in the confirmed Fabregas pursuit then Cabaye, and I doubt PSG will be as they have already bought Cavani and some defender at a combined fee of around £80million.

As for your comment about us being a shambles, to be fair, appointing Harford isn’t exactly a progressive move, and being turned down so he could stay at Millwall and work with Steve Lomas isn’t exactly a good thing either. I understand what you are saying about media and their stirring, but either way you look at the Harford situation it doesn’t look good.

Hopefully now he has turned us down, we can recruit someone for the role that is suited and has experience of scouting these young players in lower leagues. As with a DoF, I see the actual role as a good move, I just don’t understand the personnel asked to fill them!

Another role has been given to Stone, to bring youngsters from academy and development into the first team pool. He is to oversee the transition. Again, I don’t see this as a good role for him. We already have a small coaching staff, why not appoint new coaches instead of creating extra roles for the existing amount.

• 228 mindshaft // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Wish people would stop banging on about signings and saying we are the only prem club not to have signed anyone
    Neither Man U or Arsenal have signed anyone if note and have so far been turned down by every target
    Mackems have signed a load of shite as have Hull, crystal palace, Fulham and most other teams

Plenty time to go for players to either leave or come in
    Have to think that with the money we’re offering agents/players will wait till last few days to see if they get a better offer elsewhere

• 229 Jail for Ashley // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Mindshaft,
    We are talking about two teams who finished in the CL and have tabled some massive bids for top players and only ten goal a season striker not refusing to wear the club shirt.

• 230 Jail for Ashley // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Lil,
    You havd to ask the question of how the information of a private chat between Mike Ashley, Media Joe and Harford ended up on SSN in the first place.

• 231 bills-son // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Lilongwe,

What knowledge do you or any fan on this blog have of working with Harford?

None.

So how is it that you and others decide he is useless and would have been a shabolic appointment?

One of the biggest reasons for saying he is useless is that he is a Mackem. That is just so imbecilic a reason. Stan Anderson captsined Newcastle, Bobby Moncur captained Sunderland, Paul Bracewell and Barry Venison captained us and Lee Clark and Waddle played for Sunderland.

On Kinnear, yes he has made a fool of himself with his comments to the media but not one player to my knowledge who was there when he managed us has criticised him. And Barton, Nolan and STaylor to name three have said he was a cracking bloke and a good manager.

I’m not saying Kinnear or Harford are world beaters but the reaction of fans is driven by more by hype and sh1te than anything else.

• 232 Thump // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM

bills-son // Jul 23, 2013 at 7:19 AM

I’d sign that Carol the weather girl as a fitness coach any day.

Worth every penny.

Finally something I can agree with bills-son on!

• 233 Thump // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:19 AM

@Lilongwe:

In all fairness, he’s only just signed on at Millwall. If he’s a man of his word, he’d join Millwall on principle.

• 234 mindshaft // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:21 AM

JFA – even weirder that they are constantly being turned down – seems prem league isn’t the pull it once was and most players only want to come for the cash

• 235 yo-yo // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Bills

Harford’s record in coaching and management suggests he is strictly lower leagure material – so he would definitely not be a top level appointment – unless he is grafting his way up the greasy pole of football management and has as superb record in tht lower echelons – but the evidence still looks otherwise. I don’t think this would have been an appointment you could seriously try to defend as another piece of MA wizardry.

• 236 jeff // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Krul
    Santon Taylor Coloccini Dummett
    Abeid Cabaye Ben Arfa
    Gomis Bent Gignac

• 237 jeff // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:26 AM

good balance between experience and youth. and attack and defence. think we would get top 6 with that team out.

• 238 Peter Reid Monkey Heed // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:27 AM

@ Novacastrian66 Comment 99

It was me. I posted this last Thursday about 3-4 days before it came out at the weekend about Harford.

Peter Reid Monkey Heed // Jul 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Afternoon Lads,

If you have read any of my posts before a close colleague of mine at work has good contact with someone who is related to a member very high at the club who unfortunately i can not name due to my job. When my colleague meets him he tends to come back and tell me what was said as i live in London and the only Toon fan in the office.

He met him on Friday and mentioned a man called “Mick Harford” was going to be brought in over the weekend just gone as an Enforcer for JK. Take from this what you will as i am only 21 this name didn’t ring a bell until i searched him.

I asked about the JK saga and this is what got me, take from this what you will but MA 100% brought in JK in order to have Pardew resign which was confirmed from his own gob. In Pardew signing the new contract he does have a clause inside where he is paid for the whole contract and which ever amount that is MA is by any means trying to get him gone. My colleague had no idea of replacement manager though.

Also DL did not resign he was fired, MA grew sick of his lack of dignity and c*ck ups and was told he was fired.

If you have any questions within limit feel free to ask, like i said i’m just passing on what i have heard and from meeting this person once he is a very good contact.

• 239 IITianToon // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:30 AM

@Peter Congrats! Now you have us taking you doiubly seriously

• 240 Toon_Tom // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Jeff – dont be so stupid. Shouldnt you be at school?

• 241 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Bills,
    Given that he is a coach and a manager and has been for a number of years, how is appointing him as a scout a good plan?? I’d say appointing a scout to do a scouting role would be a good idea. I’m fairly certain I never mentioned his place of birth, so you can put that rant back in it’s little box. If it was based on their place of bitrth, surely I would be all for Steve Stone doing any job hepleased.

As for the Kinnear comment, I wasn’t happy with the appointment, but I was willing to be proved wrong by his actions. So far, we have the evidence isn’t exactly overwhelmingly positive is it? New signings promised twice, none arrive. Still time for him to change that, but his appointment was meant to speed up and improve our transfer dealings. Any evidence of that? As for players saying what a top bloke he is, well I know lots of top blokes, maybe they should have a job as DoF at Newcastle as well?

• 242 Ibizatoon // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Morning chaps, it seems that I had missed Torq leaving the blog…my my, losing my touch.

As far as ITKs go, what I cannot stand is these idiots who come on, say they have big news, keep people hanging, come out with some sh** and say it’s a done deal. All things Torq never did. It also winds me up when they only talk about their info and not general football discussion.

Big Pappa…He did prove everyone wrong…in January.

Torq…Hope you have a good summer and that when the dust settles you’ll be back for some NUFC banter (Maybe when there is something to actually chat about?!?)

Anyway, morning all.

P.S. G…Annoying? Moi?

• 243 Jail for Ashley // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Bills,
    Although being a mackem doesn’t help I think the biggest problem was the fact that the 20th richest club in the world was trying to hire somebody for a job that doesn’t exist anywhere else and that persons skills and expertise had never seen him rise higher than the giddy heights of Milwall and the fact that thevwords relegation seem to go hand in hand with the MH/ JfK partnership when youbread up on them.

• 244 Lilongwe Geordie // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Bills,

• 245 martoon // Jul 23, 2013 at 8:46 AM

bills-son @224 – With you there – she is my older woman crush.
    I Wonder who we will be linked with today = Gus Hiddink is free :)

previous post: Newcastle Given An Opening For Top French Striker