Darren Bent – I’ll Be Out Of Aston Villa Pretty Soon – I’m Sure

We had reported this morning that Alan Pardew has revealed that Joe Kinnear had set up some big meetings for this week, and we have to hope those meetings will lead to a striker coming through the door soon, very soon.

darren bent astom villa

Darren Bent – I’ll be out of here pretty soon

And would you believe it, but Darren Bent of Aston Villa has said today that he’s close to leaving the club.

The Daily Star is reporting that the 29-year-old former Sunderland, Charlton, Tottenham and Ipswich striker was signing fans’ shirts from his car window today, when he was asked if he was leaving the club he said this:

“Yeah, I’ll be out of here pretty soon, I’m sure.”

And then when pushed as to which club, Fulham or Newcastle, he would be joining he gave the obvious answer:

“We’ll have to see.”

We think Darren Bent would be a decent signing at the right price for Newcastle, but Fulham, as we reported over the weekend, have a new Billionaire Pakistan-born American owner.

And the small London club have just got into the race for Bent, and they could be willing to pay out the money that Aston Villa are requesting for the striker, which is about £6M.

We really hope we are wrong – but if we were betting people,  we’d plump for Fulham.

But there again, we’ve been wrong before – quite a few times as it turns out – so there’s always hope. 😀

What do you think?

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• IITianToon

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:34 PM

So saddd!!! Darren freakin Bent!

And dear Torq it lloks like Siem De Jong is staying at Ajax, so annother one bites the dust!!

• Spellcheck

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Darren,my answer to that question would be Fulham!!!!!

• geordie157

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Charlie Charlie Austin.

• Ben3arfa

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Hes off to Fulham

• Spuggy

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Guys hiddink anyone. He’s quit Anzi.

• Spuggy

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Guus even 🙂

• Bambams

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Cant remember the last time I felt so disconsolate. …..
    Are we the ones that are totally wrong and we dont need anymore players…..

• IITianToon

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM

@Spuggy A lot of people; but sadly not Mr MA.

• Spuggy

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Guus hiddink, remy and gomis and Cisse gets out a wonga loan to pay off his casino debt.

It’s all in the bag lads 😉

• IITianToon

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I get the feeling that MA is uncomfortable with no one bar Cockneys 😛 The creamiest of the creamiest European manager to be employed by MA? DOn’t think so!

• Rotonda heights

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Who needs a world class manager like Guus when we have the best D.O.F in world football and a manager who has won the Johnson Painter trophy?

• yo-yo

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Now Guus Hiddink is a class act. Sad that that’s the only thing worth commenting on today with all the vendettas, loveins and wistful schmaltz dominating blog proceedings.

• John Tudor

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:51 PM

so all the people claiming we are nought but doom mongers, what exactly do you lot see, i would like to know

• p

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:53 PM

gus may be off to Barca. If we can’t get Mick Harford, I don’t fancy our chances of getting Gus

Just like PEA, De Jong, Mertens etc etc all bollox – dreaming

If we are lucky we will get Bent/Remy/Gomis and the like or someone we have never heard of who might be quite good.

• hawkwind

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I wonder what the odds are of dennis ( the cretin) Wise coming in as kinnears assistant now that Hartford has knocked him back? You can just imagine joe flicking through his extensive contacts book now. Page 1 mick Hartford. Page 2 Dennis wise. Page 3 vinnie jones. I shudder at the prospect.

• BandB

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Yo-Yo

You always have been the coolest cookie.

I’d love to talk to you face to face. But I know I’d just not be bright enough.

You are dead clever, you.

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Two teams I would like to see next season

——————————-Krul——————————-

–Debuchy——–M’biwa——–Collocini——–Santon–

——–Sissoko————Cabaye—————Anita——–

———-HBA————–Cisse—————-Remy——–

Or

——————————-Krul——————————-

–Debuchy——–M’biwa——–Collocini——–Santon–

–HBA————-Sissoko———Cabaye——–Sinclair–

———————–Cisse————Remy——————-

• gazza85

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM

@Spuggy

I think your having a giraffe. No way will Hiddink join us as things stand.

Only hope in hell would be if MA changed his personality and offered him a hell of a lot of WONGA in pay and a hell of a lot to spend on players.

The guy is one of the most respected coaches in world football and whilst I would love to see someone of his calibre in SJP (something we haven’t had tbh since SBR) I think pigs will grow wings and fly before that happens.

• adwend

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I love this club its were I was born and lived but ma has made nufc something I don’t enjoy anymore and that’s so so sad

• Belfast

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:01 PM

The small club in London will probably show more ambition than us in this transfer window sadly

• bzak12

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Congratulations to Joking ear on the safe delivery of the royal baby!

• IITianToon

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Bafétimbi Gomis ?@BafGomis 16m
    Good evening , félicitations à la famille royale Anglaise qui a eu le bonheur d’acceuillir un nouveau né. Congratulation…

Waiting for cwarr to start his naked dance!

• bzak12

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Now can he get on with what he is paid to do!
    Some signings would be nice.

• IITianToon

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Cwarr (thinking: LOL I know, but bear with me) : Gomis has written an English greeting in the post! Thta must mean he is coming to the only English team he’s been linked with!
    cWarr then posts:
    Cwarr on Twitter: Done deal #NUFC #doubtersgohide #MAismycasinobuddy

• jimiley

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM

We have to keep the faith in Big Mike and Joe K ably supported by Alan Parsnip. They came 5th bottom last season and probably think they do not need to sign anybody. No Europe games means we should come about 10th. These boys know what they are doing. Where is all the extra SKY money (50 million) and gate receipts going? Come on Percy, just one signing please, even if its only Darren Bent. He could propel us to a top 6 finish. I think we might win something soon. The club is on firm foundations, is well led and managed, it exploits commercial opportunities eg games on the outer Hebrides (what on earth are the big boys doing in China and America?) and with a litle more luck we could challenge for Champions League.

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Cud be gus poyet.

Cant get exited about bent or gicnac. The term big signing only relates to the lardy stature.

• John Tudor

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:07 PM

jim i read that somewhere else

• Yorkgeordie

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Trying to recruit Harford makes me think that someone has decided our scouting system is lopsided and we spend too much time looking to Europe. Harford’s brief was said to be to scour the lower divisions in this country, which leads me to think that Pardew’s naming of Gomis etc. is wishful thinking and Kinnear has other ideas.

• Belfast

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Why has that cwarr kernt not been murdered yet ?
    He deserves a violent death

• G

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:11 PM

@29, come on Belfast, you’re gonna start Ruddy off again on a rant.

• belgrade fan

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Does anybody think that JK is able to bring players in?? He seems like a man with a mental issues who cant control his mouth

• jimiley

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM

One day the Mike Ashley era will be over and we can wake up and start living again. I refuse to give money to that man. The only way to get rid of him is an empty ground. 50 years a supporter and have not been to a game for two years. I can accept incompetent owners but draw the line at a p..s taker.

• Wowhatawhopper

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I for one wouldn’t be too dissapointment if we did get Bent, proven goalscorer need I say more!!

• toon22

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Yer lol

Like we will be able to attract anyone who has to stand in the shadow of JK,our own giant of world football.

• jimmysmith

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Hiddink would solve our problems in one fell swoop. I remember the moment I heard Ginola had signed, I somehow got from the lounge to the garden involuntarily in about 2 seconds flat and couldn’t remember how I got there then had to pee with sheer excitement, like a dog. I’d be just as excited if we got Hiddink.

And why not, Australia secured him for goodness sake and Mike has the money and could reap healthy returns. Nah, Ash couldn’t handle Gus Hiddink for a second, for all his money they’re chalk and cheese.

• jimiley

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM

There appear to be six teams in the league trying to win something and the rest are just trying to avoid relegation. A strange state of affairs. As a Toon supporter I know that the club is playing to avoid relegation before a ball is kicked. How depressing is that Big Joe and Big Mike?

• G

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM

@jimley – nail on the head there. Sumarises the state of the league very well.

• John Tudor

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM

they need a rocket up the ar5e

• John Tudor

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM

still have not heard what the do-gooders see what 99% cant see

• G

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:24 PM

JT, I enjoy quite a lot of your posts, but I’ll be damned if I can understand a lot of them mate.

1 2 3 7