The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Gosling Has Problems With Crystal Palace – Pulls Out Of Deal

5:21 pm, Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 316 Comments

There is news just coming through that Newcastle’s Dan Gosling has walked away from the Crystal Palace deal that had been agreed between Palace and Newcastle United, without signing.

dan gosling 99

Dan Gosling - shabbily treated by Crystal Palace

It seems that Dan has been miffed by the shabby treatment he has received this week at the newly promoted London club, and he completed his medical on Monday, as his agent had indicated yesterday.

But it seems he was then left waiting for his potential new club to get back to him to finalize the contract details,  and then sign the deal, but he has heard nothing.

And it seems that Dan was not impressed with the treatment he received, and the 23 year-old is now heading back to Newcastle, after officially pulling out of the transfer with Palace.

Palace Manager Ian Holloway was his manager at Plymouth, and gave him his debut as a 16 year-old lad seven years ago, but Ian was preparing the side for their game at Gillingham yesterday.

But it seems Dan was left in complete limbo and today  he’s had enough and pulled out of the deal.

This is a developing story,  so there may be additional details coming through, but Dan is surplus to requirements at Newcastle, although according to manager Alan Pardew, he’s been a first class professional in the three years he’s been at the at the club.

Dan played only 26 times with one goal for the Magpies in those three seaosns,  and you can say all you want about Newcastle United, but they treat their players extremely well, and make sure they are very well taken care of, which is maybe why Dan was so shocked at his treatment at Crystal Palace.

What do you think?

We are trying to help Ingo Hagemann who is an International student at Northumbria University studying for an MSc in Sports Marketing, and he’s doing a survey as part of his Masters dissertation. The survey is on the controversial sponsorship between Wonga and Newcastle and it takes only five to ten minutes to complete.

There were some problems earlier but all is OK now – please help Info by taking the survey here – many thanks.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Contracts · Dan Gosling · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

316 responses so far ↓

• 1 noladonna // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Do one dan your not wanted

• 2 FatmanJoe // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Hmm. This story did not come from a good source and there were no quotes to support it. I think he’ll be in Palace colours shortly.

• 3 Yohan Kebab // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM

im surprised he passed his medical

• 4 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Sounds like the fault of his agent to me…

As for the “conspiracy theory” regarding Wonga…hahahahahaha. That’s ridiculous. Yeah, I’m sure Wonga are really happy that they’re getting publicity that a PL footballer is allegedly refusing to wear the iconic Newcastle United number 9 shirt on the basis of his religion. That’s just great publicity for a company wanting to be seen as a proper money lender, when the same player was perfectly happy to wear a Virgin Money logo last season.

• 5 stopper // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Like a new signing .all we need now is Shola to stay and we’ll be sorted.

• 6 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Toonarmydownsouth
    0 mins ago
    TDS
    Your right, no way can say he’s contradicting his beliefs because nobody knows

I think most are assumptions tbf, like if he’s devout enough to fast for Ramadan then surely gambling/drinking would be a no no but who knows and tbh who cares its his decision

The only real issue now is if the club decide he’s in breach of his contractual duties, which unfortunately it seems he is

Count
    Aye Ed probably blocked your comment because, ironically, your one of the small minded idiots you accused everyone on here of being

Race has nout to do with football or religion so do us all a favour, take your fcuking dinosaur opinions and p1ss off back under what ever rock it was you crawled out from you absolute idiot

• 7 hadthetshirt // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Ed have you got a touch of the jfk’s Dan Golding????
    lol :)

• 8 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:30 PM

TADS

Nah. Even relatively relaxed Muslims normally practice Ramadan. It’s a wonderful time of abstinence and feasting as well as a fantastic social experience.

If you don’t know, as far as I understand the Muslims will get up before dawn and eat and drink loads, then they fast throughout the day (only drinking or eating if they are pregnant or unwell) and then when the sun set they tend to get together in groups (often family) and feast. It’s a fantastic way of reflecting throughout the day how blessed they are to be able to have food on the table as their hunger grows and then in the evening, they have a wonderful social meal.

I’ve got friends who drink and gamble but will practice Ramadan.

• 9 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:30 PM

FatmanJoe
    Not to sure mate, I play football at place in East Grinstead which is also where palace have there under 14s academy
    Heard a lot of stuff about him having some huge complications with his medical, that’s why I’ve been asking every couple of days if anyone has heard anything

• 10 hadthetshirt // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:30 PM

He he nice one now I look daft :) :)

Why do people have to re post their comments.It’s hard enough to keep up on here without reading something that has no bearing on the headline :(

• 11 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:30 PM

If he stays fit and knuckles down then give home a final chance. Had bags of potential but very unfortunate thru injury. Maybe our new fitness guru can ‘pull him in to shape?!

• 12 brian kilclines pony tail // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:32 PM

cisse’s argument, if this is his argument is weak.

if your employer made an affiliation with wonga and you said that you didnt agree with it but were fine with ‘ahem’ other prestegious companies like barclays previously, you would be in a disciplinary and out of the company very quickly.

more to the point if it is not religious and it’s a moral stance then do you not think cisse would have more of an issue with the pay and conditions that sports direct employee’s endure overseas. I am sure we all seen the documentary a while back. What ashley does is much worse than wonga for me when you consider employment and H&S laws in 3rd world countries where as wonga operate in the UK and have to follow UK laws which although not perfect by any means are a lot more stringent.

• 13 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Hadtheshirt
    Because ed bangs out articles like mad!! ;)

• 14 WWYCD // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Altogether now he’s like a new signing

• 15 Slank // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:34 PM

The Cisse issue is not about religion, beliefs or Wonga. That’s all a smokescreen sideshow.

It is more fundamental. It is about whether a player can refuse to where a club’s strip. The reason is immaterial.

Without knowing the clauses of the players contracts I very much doubt there are any words that would give a player the right to refuse to wear the club’s shirt.

I would imagine that all the other Premiership clubs are watching this very closely, as they too might have potential problems. I would guess that the club’s lawyers are involved

• 16 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:35 PM

TADS

I’ve got used to the new articles now mate. I tend to check both for a little while after the new one appears!

• 17 brian kilclines pony tail // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM

im my contract it says what i have to wear.
    It will be in cisse’s contract as well, just like most peoples.

I for one think virgin as a company and their owner are worse than wonga but richard branson has the best PR team in the world.

• 18 Slank // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Brian @ 17

What happens if you refuse to wear your company kit?

• 19 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM

To put it into context, both Fulham and Villa are going to be sponsored by betting companies this year and they both have Muslim players according to the topislamic website. Yet Kanoute refused to do the same.

So if you can’t pick and choose, then presumably Kanoute is the only proper Muslim and Cisse, Ben Arfa, Tiote, the Villa and Fulham players etc. are not? Rubbish.

• 20 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Bayern vs barca Sky Sports 1
    Happy days

• 21 jazzyp // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM

afternoon guys
    I see our 2 official cf targets are definitely remy and gomis.if any fail to materialize then bent will be the back up

• 22 Slank // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Toon @ 19

Those two clubs and others I suspect are watching the outcome of this ‘dispute’ with Cisse as could happen to them.

• 23 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM

WWYCD @14 –

Ha, that gave me a giggle – true tho ;)

• 24 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Yo
    You mean if he’s ever fit enough to play!

• 25 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Religions (all of the ones registered in the UK) do actually have certain legal protection in this country. There are definitely certain things that people can do in the name of religion that other people couldn’t do. They also get tax breaks and so on.

So it’s not as simple as saying that Cisse is breaking his contract by refusing to wear the strip, even though that is true, there would be a certain amount of legal protection even if it were you or I in that situation.

And that doesn’t escape the fact that an amicable solution should be found asap.

As I’ve said before, the best suggestion I’ve seen is that we sign another striker and Cisse relinquishes the number 9 shirt to him so Wonga can keep that association. Then Cisse can wear another number with a blank shirt or perhaps SBR’s charity logo.

• 26 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Religion is a topic that shouldn’t really be discussed on here if I’m honest. There’s no middle ground so one view is counteracted by the opposite view – therefor a pointless argument that, evidently, turns nasty on here.

Nobody knows why or what is happening with Cisse for sure. There are no ITK’s on here that can claim to know exactly what is going on so let’s see what happens and let Cisse, the club and FA sort this one. What will be will be – I have a very strong view on why/what but its pointless expressing in this scenario as the next post will be someone with a different view. And the argument begins!

In other news (here’s Tom with the weather) lots of thunder going on at the moment here – a storm is brewing.

• 27 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Slank

I don’t think those clubs will be that bothered to be honest. It’s a personal thing after all and presumably those players do not have an issue with it. So far, I’ve only heard of Cisse and Kanoute who have ever had a problem like this.

I wonder if any players have openly refused to join a club on the basis of their sponsor before…that might be an issue if more Muslims take this route.

• 28 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Toon_Tom

Religion shouldn’t be discussed at all, but when Ed posts polls like his last one, people are bound to discuss the reasons.

For me it’s simple, yes gambling does undermine Cisse’s case to the general public, but no I won’t pass judgement on him because they are his own personal beliefs. Just as I won’t say that Ben Arfa and Tiote are not proper Muslims because they are ok with wearing the Wonga logo.

If Ben Arfa wears Wonga but refuses to drink or gamble, would this local councillor criticise him too?

There isn’t a debate other than contradicting people who seem to think they know everything.

But I hope that Cisse, the club, Wonga and the PFA bloody well hurry up so we can move on with or without him!

• 29 Tonytoon73 // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Well at least Shola is staying

• 30 Indian Magpie // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:04 PM

What is my Point of View,

I want to sack Alan pardew

He is just a goon

Come on you cockney get out of toon

• 31 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:04 PM

TDS
    Not only is breaking his contract a legal issue though mate it’s also a religious one in his culture
    So lose lose on that front

Now please, everybody, unless your a devout Muslim who can shed done new light on this subject, just shut the fcuk up about it

• 32 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM

DarnSarf – agreed!

• 33 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Tads – here here

• 34 RooneyToons // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:07 PM

jazzy p

Definitely??? you mean sky sources hahahaha

Sky don’t know anymore than anyone else there consistently making up bull and there a massive part of why the transfer window is an absolute joke.
    Its like an american gameshow especially deadline day.
    making up bids, deals apparent quotes people on here would be a lot more calm without it….. Fat Ashleys helicopter last year FFS

hahaha

F

• 35 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Anywhoo – Gosling, as said earlier, if he works on fitness and keeps fit he’s a decent squad player to come in when Tiote gets a 5match ban, when Cabaye gets ‘tired, when Vukic, Marveux and Benny pick up injuries. Could be our new Perch ;)

• 36 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Rooney
    No mate he means when pardew confirmed we were actively pursuing gomis and remy
    Not SSN

• 37 John Tudor // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM

more like a roach or a dace

• 38 Mister Tuff // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM

count dracula – previous thread – I do not need to comprehend anything you spout – I did not comment upon your “message” only that you had introduced racist language within your post. You could have said what you wanted to say without introducing inflammatory and offensive language. If you do not know what the level of acceptability is in respect of certain words or groups of words when discussing certain topics I suggest you desist.

• 39 plana // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Sack Pardew, he hasn’t a Scooby whats going on. His rambling is sounding more desperate each day. So come on Ashley end his misery.

• 40 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Toon_Tom
    I don’t think gosling ever will mate tbh, think his injury has never healed properly, some just don’t!
    Can see the lad being a Dean Ashton minus the career part

• 41 RooneyToons // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Yeah it just said exactly that on sky sports news with us resorting to Bent if not.
    There reporting it as if they’ve found out new info when really just rehashing the same stories from days ago… all because they know nothing.

Almost all there stories are reported hours if not a day or so after when they’ve google translated a comment made in Lequipe or by an agent.

Harry Redknapp was there favorite because he would actually tell them first…. probably got a few backhanders for it ha

• 42 Indian Magpie // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM

My poems are wasted on this blog!

• 43 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Tads – you have a point. And I would probably agree unfortunately. If he gets fit and stays fit then he will get a chance. Shame, canny kid and had massive potential

• 44 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I’m sick of people writing one-liners on here regarding sacking Pardew!!!

There is nobody available to take the job and to be honest nobody would want it under Ashley and JFK

If you all got your wish, and Pardew walked out in the morning, we would have JFK at the helm, and god only knows who he would bring in as his second in command.

Better the devil you know IMO

• 45 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Mister Tuff
    Don’t bother lad, he’s still on the previous trying to justify using racist language

• 46 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM

TADS

Don’t suggest that! There have already been a few people on here saying “My Muslim mate said…” which means absolutely nothing! Until Cisse, or someone very very close to Cisse has a statement to make we really don’t know the situation.

I wish this site had threads and separate forums. That way, we could just unsubscribe from the debate about Cisse’s religion and let the goons have at it! It would also be kind of cool if other people could vote for the top posts from a certain side of the argument so the goons could just be directed towards the person who explained the counter-argument the best.

• 47 John Tudor // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM

for that reason i’m out

• 48 SecretSausage // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Hello Gents,
    You’re friendly ITK here. Hahaha, that’s funny actually. As anybody that’s read my previous posts you will know I dont have any inside knowledge from within the club. I don;’t work there etc.
    But I do speak to players and indeed the manager and some other staff. If I ever hear anything interesting I will come on and post it. Everything I have said in the past has been pretty accurate. So here is todays taster for you.

Earlier on I happened to speak with one of the French WAGs. A nice lady and she spoke a little broken English but anyway what she told me was that Remy is almost certain to arrive. Apparently he is friendly with some Toon players and the word is out within the group. She sounded quite excited that another one of their gang was arriving.

In the past I’ve given info I received from Pardew etc but today I am not going to say who’s wife it was as it’s a bit cheeky of me to even post this stuff on here.

Last time I spoke with Pardew he was excited about who we were after and all was going pretty well. He was laughing about JFK but not in a nasty way and he said he was incredibly knowledgable and ‘IN’ with all the football people up and down the country.

Make of that what you will.

If Remy signs soon I will once again take the credit. If he doesn’t I won’t be back hahaha.

• 49 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Sausage – if Remy signs you don’t deserve any credit for it really. It’s all over the news, blogs, twitter, QPR blogs that he is probably on route!!!

• 50 JackButler // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:30 PM

If he can stay fit for an entire season he’s a very good squad player for us to have

• 51 JackButler // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Trying to take credit for something every man and his dog knew is a new low for an ITK

• 52 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Secret sausage
    The media have been saying that for like 2 weeks lad
    That’s like coming on and saying rumour has it Kate Middleton might be having a baby

• 53 Markaccus // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:34 PM

The earth is ball shaped. You heard it here first. Also, it orbits the sun.

• 54 SecretSausage // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Oh really Tom,
    It was this morning when I spoke to the lady. I always post what Im told. Of course I dont take credit for the signing as Im not involved. That was a joke. I speak with these people every couple of days but if you don’t want me to pass on what they say in their conversations then just say and I won’t.
    I suppose its the usual stuff. Anybody that hears anything and posts it on here gets a slating for some reason.

Enjoy the blog.

PS. Where is the info regarding Remy en route?

• 55 viv // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Still no signings? The silence is deafening. Call me Joe must be on a sponsored silence.

• 56 SecretSausage // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:36 PM

wow even more posts slagging it off. Sorry I dont spend all day on here so I didn’t know the news.

I won’t bother posting any more. Have fun.

• 57 DokToon // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM

rumor has it we open @ citeh in august, im ITK about this.. my wife’s ex girlfriends cousin, who she was sleeping with before she married a player from a team i cannot tell you, was in a foreign city, he told a bartender, who told his son that if it happened, wed all go to the match…

more to follow…

i apologize if ive made every dumber just by reading this tripe :)

• 58 Charlietoon // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM

He is just heading home after not hearing. His agent has still said he wants to play for Ian Holloway so all it will take is an apology and he will be gone.

• 59 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM

SecretSausage

Don’t be daft. Even if you did speak to the wife of one of our players, she’s probably just got her information from the media!

We know that Remy would join us if the contract was right, because he’d have joined us in January too. The questions are:
    – are Newcastle willing to pay QPR what they want
    – are Newcastle willing to pay Remy what he wants
    – are any other clubs going to be more attractive in terms of country, European football or either of the above

I doubt your WAG has any information on the above…

• 60 check the toastie // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM

First Point – If I was Cisse I would also refuse to play for Pardew, he has my respect on that score.

Second Point – we are currently in a worse state than we were at the end of last season as Perchinho was possibly our only shining light. I will miss him, was great against Chelsea at home and Villa away, only to be dropped for Tiote who has been dogshite under Pardope.

Third Point – PARDEW OUT.

• 61 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Sausage, I quote, “if Remy signs I will once again take the credit”

I’m not having a dig mate – just stating that you do not deserve credit if he signs!

You ask where has it been mentioned that we may be signing Remy???

As soon as the final whistle blew on the final game of the season it has been heavily talked about.

• 62 RooneyToons // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Sausage must work for sky sports….SKY SOURCES- we understand that Remy might possibly be in talks or something with nufc or there atleast interested in meeting him for a Greggs at some stage maybe

• 63 jazzyp // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM

secret sausage
    and you can only tell us about the remy deal and yet you have spoke to percy directly and you no nothing else of value.
    if this is all you’ve got don’t bother !!!

• 64 DokToon // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM

and thanks for sharing that mark… i was clueless :)

• 65 Ben3arfa // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:41 PM

You know who doesn get enough flack ?

Lee Charnley

He was involved with Llambias and his failures in the transfer market and now he is with JOKE Kinnear and nothing has changed . He obviously is no good

• 66 SecretSausage // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Her husband told her. Its sorted. They are mates with Remy.

Why negate it. Do you think I come on a blog to discuss Newcastle and waste my time telling lies and making stuff up?

I mean WTF. Forget it. Enjoy your life refreshing this page.

• 67 viv // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Doktoon that crap was better than your usual crap.

• 68 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:43 PM

The scary thing is, there are sh*te sites that will actually quote people like SecretSausage as “inside information”. And there are fans who lap it all up too…

• 69 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Secret sausage
    How come ITKS only know about the PEA’s , Remy’s or Bents but never about the zoet’s or kemens?

• 70 SecretSausage // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Its no wonder Torq couldnt be arsed with it anymore

• 71 Shadow_Shearer // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Who are we to judge Cisse??? As 2pac once said, only god can judge me!!

• 72 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM

SecretSausage

*rolls eyes*

Very opportune of you, to try and latch onto the coattails of one of the strongest rumours this summer, along with the timing of Pardew’s “it’s a case of waiting for other transfers to happen to trigger deals” quote, yesterday, then seeing Hooper is set to sign for QPR, to try and garner some kind of reputation as an ITK.

Please, spare us.

• 73 SecretSausage // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I did tell you about Kemens and he was at Gosforth Park hotel the day I posted it and later he signed and the photos were posted. Check it out. It’s on this blog on that particular day.

• 74 RooneyToons // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Sausage

A lot of other people do remember why would we believe another ITK when none of the others have been right?

Apart from that one a couple of years ago who worked at a hotel…. what was his name? where’s he gone?

• 75 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Sausage – if you have all these contacts then tell us something different, something that hasn’t been in the news for months, some sort of rumour, anything??

• 76 remy D // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Very interesting that because am telling everybody on here %100 we will not be getting remy. Be leave what you want but it’s a guarantee he is not coming here

• 77 RooneyToons // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I thought Kemen was announced the week before?

• 78 Ben3arfa // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM

A secretsausage is ITK .. Come on now lol

• 79 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Secret
    No mate you posted on the day his contract was official, you didn’t mention it the 2 weeks previous when we actually signed him and the club were putting up photos of him and beardo
    Once again hardly breaking news when it’s a fortnight after its been common knowledge!

• 80 SecretSausage // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Ive already explained before. I speak with loads of them. Im not involved with the club. They are neighbours. I have coffee with Pardew on occassions. He is a mate (sort of).

And as a result Ive posted stuff on here about it. I won’t be posting owt else though. Not worth it. See ya.

• 81 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:49 PM

SS
    Torq got alot of stuff right though
    You’ve got nout
    The only person to put something actually ITK up this summer was Peter Reids Monkey Head with harford

• 82 JackButler // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:49 PM

SecretSausage

Look at it this way, the possibility of a deal with Remy has been widely reported for the last week or so and that’s not including the circus that went on in January.

So

A – You are telling us all something we already know and trying to take the smallest crumb of credit as though you are offering so breaking news to us by claiming to have had a conversation with a players wife.

B – There have literally been hundreds of so called ITK’s that pop up at this time of year claiming to have inside information, a friend, or a friend of a friend that knows the goings on at the club…………………………but one by one they all soon disappear

• 83 Markaccus // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Rooney

Coozey i think his name was. Lost his job apparently for blabbing about which players were at the hotel.

• 84 RooneyToons // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Shadow Shearer

We should show him some Callllllliforiaaaa Loooooooove

• 85 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:50 PM

SecretSausage

Oh no! Please come back, please…. I beg you! Joking. That’s what you want isn’t it?

Good riddance

• 86 JackButler // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:51 PM

SecretSausage

If Pardews a mate (sort of) then tell him to bugger off else where will you :D

• 87 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:52 PM

How the hell would a player or even there wife know if JFK was in talks
    The lads are in Portugal JFKs in Benton!

• 88 jazzyp // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:53 PM

secret sausage.
    look mate im fed up with people spouting crap all the time pretending to know this and that.
    torq I found very imformative and I wish he was back on the blog.I aint having a go dude and I hope the info you tell has a ring of truth to it

• 89 viv // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Secret take Laurent Robert with you he gives my arse a headache!

• 90 RooneyToons // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Yeaaaah Craig Cooozey that was him

AKA Joe Kinnear…. can’t keep his gob shut.

Thats a point Kinnear only talks when you don’t want him to.. as soon as we want to know about transfers he goes on holiday.

Did anyone actually see him come back? i bet he’s fallen asleep on his Lielow and drifted out to sea all these signings are just waiting for a signature WAKE UP JOKE

• 91 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM

You have coffee with Pardew and all you know is what is on the news and what we already know!

My 5yr old daughter knows of Remy and that we may sign him up (true story)

• 92 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Viv

Not difficult when that’s the location of you head.

• 93 viv // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM

See what I mean? Nagging all the time. Lauren can talk underwater.

• 94 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Morning Alan

Morning sausage

How’s the wife Alan?

We’ve signed Remy sausage

Oh ok

• 95 ToonMauritius // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Hi Lads
    Can anyone tell me If Cisse keep insising not to wear the Wonga shirt, what action may be taken against him? Is there any FA rules/regulations towards that or he can play with a shirt without the Logo

• 96 HullMag6 // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I think if Remy AND Gomis sign Cisse will be sold.
    Then Bent maybe brought in a number 3 or 4 if you keep Gouffran in the striker roster. I wouldn’t complain at that. Why keep a potentially toxic asset? – right or wrong religious grounds or not I have my suspicions as do others. Personally I’d rather sign Rhodes than Bent as a back up – top flight rotation or become championship journeyman.

• 97 Toon1978 // Jul 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Checked Twitter, it’s all about WEST HAM getting Remy!

• 98 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM

West Ham move in!!!’

Sausage, do something please, ring Alan

• 99 Jamseyd24 // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Remy will not come to Newcastle, guys we all need to realise no body want to come to us anymore. Would you if you were a top player with no ties to the club or city??

• 100 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Mauritius – wonga apparently won’t allow him to wear a blank shirt or wear a different sponsor – not when most believe that his shirt is a best seller! Impossible to say, haven’t got a clue, have to see what happens ……. Or, ask Sausage

• 101 Toon1978 // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Carroll and Remy up top will be pretty good for them. Why are we taking such a long time in getting players? There seems to be no urgency at all. Even AP is pushing JK to get some deals through. FFS what is the bloke doing?

• 102 Ian Toon // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Unless i have missed something nobody knows why Cisse is refusing to wear the Wonga shirt. It is generally being assumed that his reluctance is based on religous grounds. Well I am familiar with a number of different religions and many are very much of a pick and choose nature- Catholics eating meat on a Friday is the simplest non offensive example on a football blog with no religion to be discussed.

But does anything change should Papiss be doing this not because his religion instructs him to but because his conscience tells him. Ones conscience, freedom of belief is surely stronger. Individual personal freedom which is more admirable to me.

Toon fans don’t have to agree with Cisse about Wonga’s business practices, but I respect his right to act in favor of his conscience. If that is indeed what he is doing. The point many have made that his gambling in a casino undermines his integrity depends on whether he is basing it on religion or his conscience. It’s the pick and choose variety of religion.

In any event the club need to address the matter rather than hope the problem will go away. Hopefully this will be without publicly alienating our best striker. I personally feel that matters will be resolved by August 9th at the end of Ramadan.

• 103 wingspan // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:05 PM

ITKs are fun at the start of the window when were all dreaming about the potential signings and everyone is in high spirits and full of optimism!!

Unfortunateley as time has passed optimism has been replaced by pesimism and sceptisism which is why people get slated i think Sausage.

But it is nice to feel a bit of excitement when reading certain posts! Even when with nufc its is usually followed by disappointment.

So with that in mind – the moose of talksport reckons we have agreed a fee with QPR for Remy!! Hes an ITK i know but maybe an ITK with a tiny tiny bit of credibility?

Maybe this regime has just left us all clinging to the slightest scraps of hope.

• 104 Toon1978 // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Jamseyd24

Dear me….Mr Positive lol. We have signed many top quality strikers over the years with no ties to the club at all.

• 105 HullMag6 // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Hopefully our core of french players may sway Remy this time, I think for his own sake a move away from London is wise after those ‘allegations’.
    But then again most footballers stereotypically are not blessed with common sense or intelligence.

• 106 p // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:06 PM

The notion of an ITK is a mythical one. The odd person will get the odd information, like happening to see someone at the airport etc.

The only reliable source I have found for rumours is GFNFrance, at least for French transfers.

They are often ahead of the pack in identifying real targets.

• 107 p // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:07 PM

• 108 RooneyToons // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I really think Remy will go to Tottenham…. he really is there sort of player.
    Maybe this rape case( if not guilty) will work in our favour though. Surely every team would of been after him otherwise.

Theres no way theres only us in for him.. and Tottenham need the strikers almost as much as we do… ok maybe not quite

• 109 Rotonda heights // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Hull mag

yeah cos the quayside would be of no interest to him whatsoever !!!

• 110 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:11 PM

P @106 – agreed!

• 111 viv // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Hopefully some common sense will prevail and NUFC, avoid Remy like the plague. He chose QPR over us so leave him.

• 112 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Rooney – where do Spurs come into this debate regarding Remy, have I missed something? (Honest question)

I know they’re enquiring about Gomis but know nothing of their interest in Remy?

Ask Sausage

(If anyone gives an open answer to any question on here moving forward, may I suggest that you end each post with “ask sausage”)

• 113 Jamseyd24 // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM

1978, lol I cant help it lately. everyday I check every web site going hoping just hoping to see some good news and I am always let down.

What you must also rem is we are not as attractive to players now as we used to be. Dont pay big wages and are currently being run by clowns. you have to agree with that surely??

I really hope they prove us all wrong and sign at lease 1 decent forward before the City game followed by another 3 before the end of the window.

• 114 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Viv – he had no ties with either club at the time so he chose a London based club who offers him looooaaads more money.

I don’t blame him really

• 115 Rotonda heights // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM

can you picture the image of JFK trying to negotiate a deal.
    JFK is ash’s fall back to never buying a player again unless a free transfer or miniscule amount.

• 116 RooneyToons // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Ian Toon

Well said sir its the only explanation.
    Your Conscience will get you in the end haha

• 117 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Jamsey – too right. We are nowhere near as attractive as we were under KK or Bobby of recent years with Shepeard at the helm.

We have a brilliant stadium, brilliant fans but that’s as far as that goes.

You’re right in stating that we do not offer huge amounts in wages anymore (rightly so to an extent) and that our board and directors are clueless when it comes to running OUR football club

• 118 check the toastie // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Nobody will now come to Newcastle whilst Pardew is in charge, they will have been told he is a useless cnut and once he is replaced with somebody who knows what he’s doing we may be able to attract decent footballers again.

7 years and counting. pfffffffffffftttttttttttt

• 119 RooneyToons // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Toon_Tom

They’ve been after him for years and we’re really close to signing him before he decided to stay in France.
    Now they can get him for a cut price and they need a striker more than ever.

• 120 viv // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:19 PM

The animal couldn’t be bothered to meet our representatives. He lay in his pit and he has a rape charge hanging over him. The club has plenty of problems without his.

• 121 RooneyToons // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Toon_Tom

last season as well

• 122 Jamseyd24 // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Toon Tom, If we where lucky enough to sign Remy and either Gomis or Bent and sort this Cisse sh1t out would you say ok lets see what pardew can do and give them a chance??? I would but with a squad like that Pards would Def be expected top 7-8. Or am I being to optimistic?? lol

• 123 Toon Avenger // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM

We need a god damn LW as much as a ST!

• 124 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Rotonda
    Thankfully JFK has been spotted in his office trying to talk a compromise with remy
    As always he’s very tactful to cisse fasting

• 125 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Rooney tunes
    Is that when Redknapp was still gaffer?

• 126 DG // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I have been pointed to this site by a friend and have spent hrs reading all of your comments and views on Newcastle United.
    This is a very interesting web site.

It is by coincidence that all of you are currently commenting on this topic written by the owner of this site that I have been told to have my say.

Dan Gosling did not want to move and was told that he is no longer wanted. Not by Alan but by the people above him. Palace showed no interest and messed Dan about so he has had to return to Newcastle but can play no part in the friendlies apparently.

He is fit and working on overcoming 2 main injuries and hopes to feature in newcastle’s plans.

• 127 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Jamsey – I’d give Pardew one more season no matter what comes of this window. He nearly got us champions league and then nearly got us relegated – one more year for me

• 128 RooneyToons // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Toonarmy

Yeah they we’re after him every year.
    There like us though there head scout will still have a big say in who they buy. Infact what year did Carr leave Tottenham?

Whats the betting that Carr scouted him first and bought the interest to us???

• 129 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Rooney @127 – fair point, that’ wouldn’t surprise me.

I imagine Carr has a little black book that he has had for decades

• 130 Jamseyd24 // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Toon Avenger. Also couldnt agree more, Id love another Robert type player. There must be someone out there. Would you give Santon chance on the wing?
    Toon Tom. agree but if we dont get quality forwards in then I fear Pardew doesnt have a hope in hell.

• 131 SeanNufc87 // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Check the toastie

You really are an amazing example of blind negativity. Well done.

• 132 lesh // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Toon1978 @101….

What’s Kinnear doing? I don’t think even he knows!

• 133 RooneyToons // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Toon_Tom

haha yeah like a book of amazingly hot girls that are way out of your league because you cant afford to take them out for dinner.

Oh and your fat mate is cramping your style ;-)

• 134 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Need Dan off the wage bill :/

• 135 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM

@132 – ha definitely – the true “Book of Wisdom” ;)

• 136 izzyb1991 // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM

This picture and the fallout is just ridiculous. It proves nothing and has nothing to do with the Wonga argument AT ALL. Each person has their own weakness. IF he gambles doesn’t make his views on interest rates redundant. It makes him a weaker Muslim comparative to the puritan and the perfect ideal of a Muslim sure but what do people expect? If a Muslim sins it doesn’t make his practices of other teachings obselete because by that logic, if he gambles and you say he can’t have a view on interest, should he also be allowed to kill people- both of which are against religion. Know what I mean? One thing doesn’t lead to an extreme. Each case is independent so gambling has nothing to do with Wonga and his other viees. That’s on a theoretical level, now on a practical level- we’ve not heard ANYTHING from the man himself so although its an intelligent assumption, the Wonga thing could be on personal and not religious grounds therefore the gambling has no relevance and to be honest that picture was probably snapped months ago and just been released now. He might have suddenly reformed or that image could have been a moment of weakness or, as crazy as it is, he might have just been taking part in the game but not for money. I just wish society was sensible and analytic and able to not be manipulated by press.

Regardless if I’m wrong and Cisse is a hypocrit, the points I’m making all still stand.

• 137 santonthenewmaldini // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Quite worried about this striker situation like really worried that we will sign no one

Spurs could easily afford to get Gomis and Remy and lets be honest they are going to go there everytime

I have also been wondering what if we are not actually really in for these players and its just a smokescreen and Pardew has been told no money will be getting spent and he has to toe the party line and let Uncle Joe take the flak when the window closes?

OR are we looking at other targets ? Shane Long would be amazing for us for a start and he is out of contract next season so could be a bargain for about 5 million , Hooper would be a better option than Bent then there is Rhodes as well

Or it could be someone totally left field that no one has mentioned after watching last nights game we are terrible up front so we need to get it sorted

• 138 SeanNufc87 // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Any news danno?

• 139 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Danno – surely the fact that Gosling hasn’t left wont hold up any new arrivals???

• 140 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Dan not going could prolong deals :/. Need wages to help with Remy, Gomis , bent wages

• 141 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM

If I were Spurs I would go for Ba. I see our home kit has been confirmed, looks nice with more black and the blue but that Wonga sign is still a turn off:

My favourite non NUFC shirt I have seen for next season is Ajax’s :

• 142 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Didn’t realise gosling was such a high earner!

• 143 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Toon_tom wether mike wants to put wage bill up or not.

• 144 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:58 PM

He’s on £25K isn’t he?

• 145 Jail for Ashley // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Well if we can’t get in a desperately needed striker until we free up 10K a week in wages then we are fusked.

• 146 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM

The away Grey and Pink one

• 147 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM

20,000 plus perchy wages all adds up to pay new arrivals wages

• 148 Miguel // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Fee agreed for remy £6.8 mill

• 149 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Toon Danno

Any more bollox you’d like to spread? I see Remy is still not in our team and Cisse never flew out 2 for 2 so far.

• 150 Ben3arfa // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Another day (soon to be week) with no signings

What a truly pathetic club we currently are

• 151 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Remy will sign. And cisse was due to fly out sat. Don’t know if you know but haidara flew out sat and cisse was meant to be on that plane too

• 152 Jail for Ashley // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM

People keep mentioning the estimated 6M Darren Bent as back up, Mashley wouldn’t have the 3M Leon Best warming the bench, please keep up with current affairs before posting.

• 153 magpie6699 // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM

One thing I am struggling with about the Cisse business is the explanation that it’s a moral thing due to his conscience, not religious etc. But there is also a moral dimension to signing a contract and agreeing to abide by it, not to mention loyalty to team mates, your manager, the fans etc. Perhaps he should be reminded of this…..

• 154 Jail for Ashley // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:07 PM

It must be true Danno said it !

• 155 RooneyToons // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Dan’s on £25 grand a week apparently

• 156 Belfast // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Cisse is going to Russia. #Itk #insideinfo

• 157 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM

ToonDanno

Give the fcuk up, you said the Remy deal was done 3 weeks ago, we haven’t even bid.

Cisse you said was unfit but Pards himself said Cisse has issues.

• 158 count // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Mob rules

• 159 Ben3arfa // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Toondanno

stop making stuff up mate

• 160 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Rooney – see @142 ;-p

• 161 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM

If cisse had big issue with wonga would he be on a casino gambling?

• 162 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Danno > Secret Sausage

Count > John Terry

• 163 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM

ToonDanno

If Cisse was only unfit why wouldn’t the club put this too bed??? Why when asked about Cisse did Pards say he has issues and not he is unfit???

Your just making shite up and get caught out spreading it. Are you that lonely you need attention from the blog?

• 164 Ben3arfa // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM

By the way

I dont see Hoopers imminent move to QPR as an accelerator for Remy to move to us .

QPR were going to sell Remy regardless of whether they brought in a striker or not.

He could leave tomorrow or at the end of the window , it doesnt really matter

• 165 Belfast // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM

He’s been told what he could earn in Russia, and he’s trying to force a move. That’s my take on it anyway

• 166 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Danno – give us some information that will shock us, something that isn’t in the news every day, something that only folk who are truly ITK will know.

You know no more than anyone else on this blog who follows NUFC every day!

• 167 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Ask torq! He’ll tell you the same!. Shame he dont come on much anymore due to people like yourself who actually believe they know better by telling someone their wrong?

• 168 Ben3arfa // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM

ps. new kit looks real tacky and cheap , away jersey looks much better

• 169 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM

If I was ‘lonely’I would constantly be on the blog like yourself!?

• 170 Belfast // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Danno how many sugars did Llambias take in his tea ?

And was it true he had really bad breath ?

• 171 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Danno – you said Remy would sign a few weeks ago?

• 172 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM

ToonDanno

I’m not saying your wrong, the actual people ITK (Pards etc)
    are. Torq never claimed anything said rumours, you say it as gospel.

Yet you still claim Cisse is only unfit? WTF, why let this whole fiasco go on then? The club would have said the Wonga issue was nonsense but its true.

• 173 Jamseyd24 // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Does anyone know when the lads are back for the tour??? Can anyone also answer why we never get some big named teams to St James’ anymore for pre season? Ajax,Inter etc Our level of warm up game always seem pretty poor lately

• 174 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Danno
    Don’t compare yourself to a poster like torq
    Torq never guaranteed nout, got lots right and actually came on to talk football

You’ve got fcuk all right, spout shite then piggy back on good posters who may hear but never guarantee anything and actually debate football

In fact it’s fake WUMS wiki spout nonsense that have seen a few posters like torq labelled in with the WUM’s

• 175 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Ben3arfa
    Tbh it’s not as bad as I’d imagined it, actually prefer it to last seasons, well apart from the big blue billboard on the front

• 176 Belfast // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Jamesy think you have to pay money to bring the likes of Inter over. So Ashley probably thinks ferk that.

Unless it was for the sports direct trophy or something lol

• 177 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM

ToonDanno

On here all the time? Really I was unaware of this. I come on too check the daily news thats it. Not to get everyone going by creating shite up.

• 178 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Jamsey – we pay out big bucks for big teams coming over

• 179 swemag // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Get this guy, Vinícius Araújo

12 million pounds and we are set for the next 5 years.

• 180 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Jamesey
    They got back today mate
    Last decent pre season I thought we had was fiorentina!

Does any one know what’s happened or happening with harpers testimonial??

• 181 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Lets debate football then, I’d happily do that. A lot of you need teaching a few things when you complain about the selection and the performance of a pre season friendly after a hards week of brutal fitness training, ever though fatigue of a player affects the teams line up and there performance!? Oh no wait its pards fault ain’t it??

• 182 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM

That’s not a debate

Your right it’s a shame torq doesn’t come on, at least he offered insight rather than one liners

• 183 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Danno – that is no debate, that is you spouting gospel facts!

Tell us something we don’t know please?

• 184 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:28 PM

ToonDanno

Your not doing yourself any favors. You claim to know things that are proven wrong and then tell people they need teaching WTF?

• 185 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:29 PM

He’d beat around the bush on other words. What you think the problem with nufc then?

• 186 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:29 PM

And yeah pre season they won’t be at there fittest but what about the whole of last season when they were all fcuked at 60 minutes?
    Why wait until now to hire a fitness specialist?
    Why keep the same unsuited defensive formation?
    Why hasn’t he figured out a way to effectively utilise the entire squad he has at his disposal?

• 187 Belfast // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I couldn’t give a stuff about the pre season results.

Just worried that he seems to be playing the same crap football as last year.

• 188 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM

After seeing the Scum game earlier, they have a whole new fitness regime and have been worked very hard apparently. Yet they played good,fast football in what was a good game.

Us on the other hand do look jaded, and still use the same tactics that went constantly wrong last year.

• 189 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM

The problems at NUFC, wow you think the whole problems are as simple as some pre season fatigue?
    Ummmm

How about an owner with no interest or ambition

How about a pre historic DOF who thinks a remy is heart burn tablet

How about a manger who clearly doesn’t have the backing of the owner who constantly undermine’s him

How about the constant media circus

How about the out dated coaching techniques that by the looks of are play style stems from the first team all the way through to the academy

• 190 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM

The main problem with the defence was without a doubt not having colo available not only is he our best defender, he is our captain and leader. and the last 30 mins of games I wouldn’t say we were ‘fcuked’!? It was more a lack of confidence in the players because they had the fans on their backs . I take it you have played football before? If you had supporters constantly moaning at your performance it’s natural to not want to hold onto the ball for too long? Ie hitting the channels

• 191 Jamseyd24 // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Belfast, Do we get payed big money to go play other teams??? lol really didnt know that, i thought teams would have been crying out to play at SJP for pre season.

Sports direct cup is a good idea tho, we would at least get Rangers to turn up. tho not so big anymore. lol

• 192 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Best manger around to date has to be mourinho? Would you agree? Does he play non stop attacking football for 90 mins? You have to find the balance else your get picked off easily. Eg Liverpool game last season

• 193 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Toondanno

I think there were like 10 fans we had there. They scored when Colo was on, then he strangled a kid, disgraceful!

We were fcuked you could see it in them, Ben Arfa didn’t see much of the ball but was shattered.

• 194 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:42 PM

And without mike Ashley financial backing and new transfer policy there’s a good chance we’d be the next Portsmouth

• 195 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Danno – do you have some other information regarding transfers?

• 196 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:43 PM

The only way Pards tactics can work is bringing Gomis and Remy in. Gomis as the target man, who can hold a ball up with Remy and Hba either side.

Cisse can’t be the main focal point his 1st touch and hold up play is awful.

• 197 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

ToonDanno

Don’t start going on about things that once again you know fuk all about. None of u know the financial aspects of the club and how bad a state we were or weren’t in.

• 198 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Toon Danno
    So the reason we played abysmal football was because if the fans?

Howay no chance, there were games where players were breathing out there arse’s

Not a single player could give a full committed performance, Christ even pardews admitted the fitness levels were not good enough
    And going defensive every time we had a one goal lead, even if it was in the first 20, because of the fans?

What about idiotic decisions like playing cisse in Europa then starting him in the next fixture whilst claiming he’s fatigued???
    Use ya squad man, goofy was in eligible let him have a start up top not run your players into the ground!

• 199 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Colwell- keep up I’m talking about last season as a whole not the last friendly!. Colo got a blatant kick wouldn’t that annoy you? Plus you can’t judge a friendly after a brutal weeks week of fitness. We won’t have a weeks training like last week before a game during the season

• 200 Belfast // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Danno it’s quite possible that somebody else would have bought the club If Ashley didn’t.

Could of been the Man City owners for all we know.

• 201 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM

You not realise how many injuries we had last season? How could he use the squad? Yea squad looks good now there all fit apart from lack of strikers

• 202 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Is it just me or are all the keepers in women’s football atrocious ?

• 203 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Belfast- agreed, I’m just saying you can’t say mike Ashley is tight because he has out a lot of money into the club and also not wasted a lot of money like Shepard. Season he sold because he knew he was spending too much

• 204 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM

4 mins ago

Please please please show me the evidence to back up this stupid statement that the MA crew throw around!

Pompey threw literally hundreds of millions at players and Redknapp with ridiculous wages

Redknapp then left and signed half the squad for half the price, they average 17,000 fans in a tin shed where we damn near sell out the 4th biggest stadium in the country

• 205 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM

ToonDanno

Funny thing you mention brutal week as Pards interview last night he said they made sure all the players had a good amount of rest.

Colo loses his head too much what about the kick he gave Suarez just because he was ripping him a new one?

• 206 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM

@ tads

Exactly, some people think Ashley is the second coming and saved NUFC. Just look at Man United, they won the title last year yet are £600 million in debt compared to our measly £130 and they won the PL last year.

• 207 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM

ToonDanno

MA bought Hall’s shares and made an offer to Shepard who agreed a month later, we were never put up for sale. As you seem too believe what you read MA apparently only bought us as he had another buyer lined up but it fell through.

• 208 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Danno
    The injuries obviously played a part, but we named a 25 man squad plus all our under 21′s
    He had enough at his disposal to finish mid table

• 209 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM

@ colwell

Colo has only lost his cool on two occasions from what I have seen and that is hardly too much IMO.

• 210 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Danno – who is your inside contact?

• 211 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM

On 23 May 2007, in a surprise move, Ashley bought Sir John Hall’s 41.6% stake in Newcastle United at one pound per share, for a total cost of £55,342,223[20] via his company St James Holdings Ltd. Under the terms of UK takeover law, having purchased more than 30% of a listed company, he was obliged to make an offer to buy the remaining shares at the same or a greater price.[20] On 31 May it was reported that the Newcastle board were considering Ashley’s offer.[21] On 7 June 2007 it was confirmed that chairman Freddy Shepherd had agreed to sell his 28% share to Ashley, which left Ashley free to take control of the club.[22] As of 15 June 2007, Ashley owned a 77.06% stake in Newcastle United, on course to withdraw the club from the stock exchange having surpassed the 75% threshold required.[23] 100% acquisition was achieved in July with Ashley paying a total of around £134 million to buy the club. Ashley appeared to have saved the club from certain financial ruin by paying off large sums of debt inherited from the previous regime,[24] although he was criticised for not doing due diligence when buying the club, as he subsequently revealed he had been unaware of issues such as the upfront payment of club finances such as the Northern Rock sponsorship, and the presence of outstanding liabilities for long past player transfers.

• 212 gaz 44 // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Tads , we had more players on bigger wages than Leeds had, we were still struggling down the bottom of the table and the money the club gets from home games is pretty much nothing compared to the tv money and premier league money given so stadiums aren’t as major factor as some believe obviously helps like
    I do think if it weren’t for Ashley we would have been screwed but he’s not done it to help us he’s done it to prevent his investment going tits up, everyone knows fans will also come 2nd when Ashley has a choice with money

• 213 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM

BPC

I have seen Colo lose it a few times mate do you remember the Elbow he put on Elmandor completely wiped him out.

• 214 gaz 44 // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Big papa cisse what bout the time he elbowed elmander against Bolton

• 215 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:59 PM

@ colwell

there is a difference between losing it and having a slight dig. Ballotelli’s antics are what I would call losing it .

Not saying it is acceptable like but not a reason to get rid of the best defender at the club.

• 216 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Enough rest so they don’t get injured yes, not so they can play to there full potential. You ever played football at a half decent level?

• 217 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:00 PM

ToonDanno

You didn’t just copy and Paste WIKI did you. Damm never realised that was also gospel. The reason the guy didn’t do Due diligence was maybe the fact he thought he’d be in and out quick. The main thing is we ALL know fcuk all about the finances so to be honest is a pointless topic.

• 218 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM

BPC

Never said I wanted him gone mate, just that we can’t rely on 1 player as the defense or else we lose.

• 219 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Wow Wikipedia……..

Gaz
    Sorry don’t agree with that
    Why do you think clubs like arsenal and man utd have changed/ upgraded there stadium?
    And clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea desperately want to?
    It’s a massive revenue, it’s not just tickets mate, it’s food drink and merchandise aswell

We sold a sh1t load of players when mashley took over we had done big wages but nowhere needs Leeds in comparison to how much the money in football between when Leeds went belly up and Ashley bought the toon

• 220 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Toon Danno
    Yeah I did and still play 2 90 minute matches a week what has that got to do with anything?

• 221 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Why is it the friendlies that have been on TV have been good,fast paced games and not boot up the pitch one’s like ours? Do other teams not train as hard as us then.

If you remember rightly last years pre-season was very similar, slow,no drive in the team. It was this point we all said its only pre-season but it never got any better.

• 222 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Colwell was just to show the basics that mike Ashley has helped the club.

• 223 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM

ToonDanno

Yes he has helped and has also held us back. We are still in debt too him and it shows by his lack of ambition.

• 224 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Small point that proves mike has benefitted the club which you think he hasn’t because you believe having a big stadium generates so much money into the club, seriously? Please you wouldn’t have trained the same intensity and your 90 min games would have been at a lot slower pace than lasts night friendly. Total clueless about how to play the game it’s quite funny

• 225 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM

And colwell if you remember rightly last season tour was cancelled last min which ruined all pre season and our preparations for last season

• 226 jazzyp // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Toondanno.
    Why on earth mate do you come on here and put yourself through this abuse.you have made a ros for your own back with the promises of remy this remy that ,and nothing has materialised.
    Secret sausage came on here earlier spouting random stuff off and he to dug his self a massive hole.
    Everyone on here is fed up to the back teeth of there being no transfer activity,and the last thing we all want is people coming on the blog supposidly itk and making false promises !!

• 227 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:13 PM

ToonDanno

Hence why I said very similar, this years tour was arranged last minute as our other one was cancelled. We still played matches and trained so i’m missing your point?

• 228 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM

So your saying that we should spend millions every transfer window. Wake up to the real world and get with the times man! Every team is going to have to cut there finances down, we’re just ahead of most teams which will benefit us in the future

• 229 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Of course it’s at a slower pace, I’m not paid 40,000k a week
    Why does that make anyone clueless!

What have actually debated about btw? You’ve thrown some random half facts which certainly aren’t anywhere near as detailed as they should be for a ITK

So your still maintaining that a professional athlete, in a team game, can’t play twice a week or the manager can’t find a balance of rotation to rest the right players at the right time?
    Because there are plenty of teams to disprove that
    In fact there are plenty of athletes to disprove that

Lol and you call others clueless

• 230 HullMag6 // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I miss torq. Like so many level headed posters hounded away by a cabal of keyboard warriors who act like a well drilled trolls or wums or just deep rooted neggars even ibiza seems on a blog sabbatical these days.

Itks are good for the blog to generate debate none are worth the verbal assault some get and getting personal with digs and snipes not on……

This is the time of the Itks if you dont like it disconnect for a bit go play fifa or make the most of the sun while its here. Thanks to a minority this blog could be close to being shut down and that would be a shame – Ed works hard for us respect his rules and each other

• 231 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM

This years pre season is a lot harder than last seasons. Not a good reason why the players are feeling tired after sessions and not full speed in games ATM. We will notice the difference when the season starts

• 232 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Danno
    Who the hell said spend millions every window?
    Nobody, you seem to be struggling if your moving that far off topic to continue trying to make a sort of point
    Oh by the way you better ring Southampton Swansea West Ham Norwich Sunderland etc that they have to cut down because atm there strengthening very sensibly

• 233 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM

ToonDanno

With the times, you mean spend fcuk all whilst other teams are in the 10′s of millions already? So if we were to go down it’s fine because all the Prem teams will be envious at our books. Great one.

• 234 Joe Sophistication // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Toonarmydownsouth

Just got to say this to you ..

You are without doubt the worst Fcucking poster this blog has ever had the misfortune to come across imo, and I cant fcucking stand you and the way you speak to most people on here ..you are a nasty Basta*d.

If you ever bother me with any of the shit you dish out to others you have got it coming back at you tenfold

Your a mr know it all I’m always right Evil Basta*d and I fcucking cant stand you.

How’s it feel right now , someone else giving you a taste of what you dish out ?????????

What a pain in the Fcucking arse you are. Horrible Bloke .

• 235 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM

As already said we didn’t have the options to rotate last season due to the amount of injuries we had.

• 236 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Hull Mag
    Saying remy has defo signed doesn’t spark a debate, debate about what whether or not he has signed?

• 237 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Yea there taking a risk . Just like qpr did last season and looked what happened!!!????

• 238 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Joe- well said mate

• 239 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Joe
    Good post keep up the good work

And what do you offer?

Another multiple named poster?

What do I dish out? Because I don’t agree with a fake ITK or because I had an arguement with someone earlier for using racial slang

• 240 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM

ToonDanno

With the amount of money in the prem these days, clubs aren’t taking huge risks by spending 20-30m, The big risks are not spending at all. Qpr bought in old players for hyped wages but they are not in trouble.

• 241 SeanNufc87 // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Jesus, your like rabid wolves. You told danno to shut up and talk football and now he is your jumping on his back! Your like damn animals.

Shut the hell up or talk like normal damn human beings.

Danno I agree with most the points you make… lets be having ya

• 242 one Tony Green // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM

TADS glad to see you are holding your own on here with the support of Mister Tuff. Is this plum Count for real calling Cisse a dar-y un frigging believable.

At the end of the day we are stuck with Wonga and no one on this site imo likes what they stand for. That said Cisse has totally under estimated most Newcastle fans. Religion and politics have no place in football and if players stopped demanding such ridiculous wages then maybe just maybe clubs would not need to get sponsors like Wonga, gambling sites or beer companies or our league sponsored by a bank who was convicted of PPI fraud, libor fraud and laundering money for the drug cartels. Oh well onward and upward.

• 243 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:27 PM

There nothing like QPR
    QPR were literally throwing money away big fee’s, huge wages
    None of those teams are doing that, there making smart investments
    Buying a couple of players doesn’t mean you go bankrupt

• 244 John Tudor // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:27 PM

fling those pies at the naked pasties

• 245 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM

The problem on here is when people claim to be something their not, then when a debate is started on subject you are then told your wrong because ITK has said so.

The whole point of a blog is to discuss and have different opinions, thats great it’s lying that becomes a problem.

• 246 SeanNufc87 // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Also what the hell is a wum?

• 247 Krul To Be Kind // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Joe

Bit outta line there and OTT!

Chill!

• 248 John Tudor // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM

wind up mugger

• 249 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM

There not in trouble? Seriously? Relegation to start with is pretty shit to me plus most of there players wanting to leave or on 50k + wages a week

• 250 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM

OTG
    No room for racial slurs like doesn’t matter what the players doing or has done
    Bit like last night that lad wishing pardew and kinnear would die no need really

• 251 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM

ToonDanno

Financially they are not, they are signing Hooper for 5m.

• 252 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Sean
    We had started talking football until he started saying people were clueless for not agreeing so where’s the point?

• 253 one Tony Green // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM

WEll said Tads

• 254 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Tads- the fees they are paying for average players? Pards said himself he wouldn’t give most of them a second look let alone pay for the fees for them? Wouldn’t call it investment

• 255 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Evening Sean how are ya?

• 256 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Pards is just jealous thats all lol he can’t say i’d love to have them all in my team can he.

• 257 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Danno
    Pardew actually said teams around us are signing players he would sign didn’t he?

• 258 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM

If Pards won’t change his tactics just bring the right players to play them simple. Wish it was.

• 259 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Tads- I thought he said the opposite?

• 260 SeanNufc87 // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Tads are you forgetting I can scroll up? Your both arguing however the difference is you already got his back up about the itk thing.

• 261 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Danno – ask him next time he pops round mate

• 262 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Sean – problem is that Danno made the same claim over 3wks ago. He talks as if he is positive on what will happen but he has given no evidence or facts that we all know

• 263 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Danno
    Tbf he might of done fella he’s been reeling out interviews left right and centre lately!!!

Look I’m not saying I’d like to see QPR spending or millions spent, but surely, even if no improvements to the first team we need some more quality in the squad depth??

• 264 SeanNufc87 // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Danno

Evening fella, I imagine im doing better than you atm, got any hair left? Hope your kids feeling better.

• 265 HullMag6 // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM

TADS

I was taking the general view over the last few weeks.

Remy as January’s saga and other possibles then and now – my usual response I’ll believe it when he’s holding a shirt. People will always hear bits at the periphery it may be club business or someone’s ideas on behalf of the club. Many posters who are fairly level headed have lately being getting nasty and its leaving a virtual atmosphere which is not good for the future of this blog – by all means engage but with respect.

• 266 colwell // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Hullmag

Don’t come on here on a matchdays then, swear most of them the are Mackems trying to wind everyone else up. Which atm is very,very easy.

• 267 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Sean
    Yeah ok fair play on the OTT on the ITK thing
    But how many people have said we’ve signed x this week y this week etc
    Why not just post on the football?

• 268 jazzyp // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM

toondanno.
    the fee they are paying are for average players !!
    bony 12 mill and where looking at around that figure for gignac-bony is twice the player.
    tell me then hy we are looking at a washed up mackem for around 60-70 g a week when no ther pl club will touch him ??.
    it makes perfect sense to be financially secure-butnot at the cost of relegation.

• 269 SeanNufc87 // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Toon tom

Who gives a toss mate? I listen to what he says and I think hmmm would be nice if its true, if it doesn’t come off I dont feel the need to have a go.

• 270 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Of course we need players (strikers) there’s no denying that. But don’t think shoukd judge our transfers until end if window, you may be very surprised

• 271 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Hull
    Tbf the whole cisse thing has pretty much blown the blog up mate not much else, it’s been really OTT with some posts and arguements and there’s been way to many articles on the subject

• 272 Patoon // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM

We’re only 3 of weeks in2 pre season and i kno people r saying pre season doesn’t count, i agree 2 an extent, i wouldnt hav cared if we’d been beat 5-0 las nite if we’d hav tried sumthing different 2 last season, we wer exactly like we wer las season, wayward passing, shit in defence, no creation, terrible up front, no giving and going, no making space, lets all hope we can get this sorted b4 the start of the season

• 273 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Sean- very well mate cheers. None of us will lose any sleep so it’s all good

• 274 northernirishtoon // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Some ass holes on this blog

Boys just come on to share opinions and maybe stuff they have heard

Don’t understand why everyone jumps down their throats calling them liars and giving them agro

This blog is absolutely sh*t without the likes of torq, proud, secretsausage and Danno sharing a wee bit of info

Wether it’s true or not who really gives a fcuk. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Some absolute bell ends on this blog!

• 275 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM

The thing is Nike Ashley is a BILLIONAIRE, yet teams like Swansea & Norwich are currently out-spending us.

We are a few first team players away from something special and for £30 million we could have something very special indeed. Remy,Sinclair, Alderwireld & De Jong for the equivalent of pocket change to Ashley.

Didn’t he give Sports Direct Employee’s something like 80 million in bonuses ? . Its clear where his priorities lie.

• 276 one Tony Green // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM

An N and an E and a W C

• 277 SeanNufc87 // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Tads

I dont know mate? Ask him rather than me? I agree with most of what hes saying tbh and the fact he isnt headbutting the caps lock key while writing some vatiation of pardew, kinnear, ashley then the word ‘out’ followed by an amount of exclamation marks that I can only assume is directly proportionate to the amount of coco pops they had this morning… I find it refreshing

• 278 Transfer Sage // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Danno

I understand you point on QPR. I think spending a lot on the wrong players can be bad. Spending a little on the wrong players is bad and doing nothing is bad for a club.

What clubs like Norwich, Swansea and Sunderland seem to be doing is spending sensible amounts of money on players with good experience even if its not prem experience.

I am not panicking because I think as long as we have the players in for the city game it’s not a huge issue. But I would be happier of we started to make some inroads with a few good players.

Most clubs seem to have already spent something or signed a player at least…it’s always difficult playing catch up a d I hope we aren’t left short again like last year.

• 279 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Danno
    Maybe surprised but with kinnear in charge of transfers I’m not holding my breath, and surely being a football man he must if understood the importance of getting them in before pre season??
    So we could judge there fitness, get them to gel etc, especially if they can’t sort out the cisse issue!
    The last thing we need is to start the season with a number 9 who won’t play and a CF who’s had no time to train with his team mates

• 280 jazzyp // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM

toondanno
    I hope your right bud, but as it stands its shambolic at best.
    the board categorically said they would not make the same mistake as last summers transfer fiasco.please could you tell me what the difference is this summer.

• 281 John Tudor // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:53 PM

an A and an S and a T L E

• 282 one Tony Green // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Newcastle United FC Fc Fc FC

• 283 Transfer Sage // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Tads

I share bits I get but I haven’t heard a lot lately. I heard last week that we would have a deal done by now but that was wrong.

I’ve kind of taken a back seat with itk as its very difficult. I bet in January Ashley himself would have said remy was in the bag so even people with good club connections or who work there will never be 100%. There’s always something happening beyond even out clubs control so unless we have an itk with a certain player there is no hope.

• 284 one Tony Green // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Bertie Mee said to Joe Harvey

• 285 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:56 PM

@ northernirish

99.9999999999999999999 percent of the people that come on here with “insider info” are frauds and losers just looking for attention.

When I see something like :

“Remy done deal” with no other evidence than words on a screen it rightly boiles peoples p*ss as theu get their hopes built up all for the amusement of some troll.

If they back it up with a website link or photo then fair play. None of this “I heard it from a tramps dog at central station” :)

• 286 John Tudor // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Ya missed out the U ,N, I ,T, E , D.

• 287 John Tudor // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM

in fact wubble u c

• 288 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I agree and the whole of newcastle would. But like pards said getting strikers in quickly is near enough impossible because they seem to have a million extra bonuses and special treatment in there contacts because at end of the day strikers normally win you the game.( well score the goals)

• 289 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Sage
    I know mate everyone thought remy was done and dusted, it’s football things go wrong so why ever claim 100%?
    Tbh not really bothered with who were linked with anymore because I think 90% of our targets became unrealistic the second JFK was appointed

• 290 John Tudor // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:58 PM

E I E I E I OHH

• 291 one Tony Green // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Up the premier league we go

• 292 Jail for Ashley // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Personally I think Mike Ashley should be sent to prison for at least five years for the disgraceful way he is running our football club.

• 293 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Sean
    That’s fair enough
    Sometimes certain claims add to the tension but I suppose every bit of inside knowledge should be a pinch of salt like

• 294 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Jail @289 – that’s too good for Ashley

• 295 ToonDanno // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Anyway am off chaps, enjoy rest of week. Hopefully some news Friday huh :)

• 296 HullMag6 // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM

V true re Cisse Boll!@ks. Not buying the wonga argument otherwise it would ve been circulating before Xmas as is the nature of this kind of dispute.

I smell the involvement of Russian sourced dollars.

Religion was a convenient assumption or excuse. Hire replacements and move him on from a business perspective he will probably be a toxic asset. It’ll go either of two ways flounder till January (again!) or a good and bizarre surprise before window closes (both dejong brothers).

• 297 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Cheers Danno, look forward to some updates from you soon

• 298 toon22 // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM

This summers panning out exactly the same way last summer did.
    We aint going to get anymore than one big signing for about 6 ish million,we will miss out on a few more.
    With 1 or 2 kids to bulk out or squad so MA can hope one of thems the next bale.

Its been what we have done for a few years now an it aint going to change,MA thinks the chrimbo influx of players are all we need.

We are donald ducked with MA incharge we should be looking at buyers not strikers imo.

• 299 John Tudor // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:07 PM

i’m sure ashley the wum certainly is

• 300 HullMag6 // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM

If you suspect a poster is a troll/wum don’t bite as so many incidents in life give them enough rope and soon enough. ……

Then laugh at their embarrassment as they turn tail.

• 301 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Imagine this team and bench:

———————————-Krul—————————-

–Debuchy——Alderwireld——–M’biwa——-Santon–

————–Sissoko———————Cabaye—————

——————————De Jong—————————

———HBA—————–Cisse————Remy———

Subs: Elliot,Collo,Anita,Tiote,Sinclair,Marv,Gouffran

Get rid of Shola,Gutierrez and Williamson then bring in some talented youngsters like Kerim Frei to fill out the squad. All for the price Wenger is willing to spend on one player. Such a shame :(

• 302 Jail for Ashley // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM

It’s not easy to sign a striker yet Norwich, WHam , the mackems and Swansea seemed to have managed to do ok, and Mashley seems to have off loaded about a dozen of ours quite quickly since he got here.

• 303 John Tudor // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM

ashley hmmm,they want a foreign manager joe, do you know anyone, hmmmmmm……………….
    i boss, lawrie sanchez

• 304 Mr Robson // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Danno – Its refreshing to come on here and see you stick up for the club like you do. Keep up the positivity and optimism. The club needs it!

We will get transfers in, I know our patience is being pushed to the limit, but we’re not going to go into the season without any reinforcements brought in! If we do, then that’s the time to shit the bed and the club “will have a riot on their hands”.

Let’s get back to being the best supporters in the world!

• 305 SeanNufc87 // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM

So how many positions need strengthening THIS window? For me 1 striker, a decent young RB unless dummet is happy to play there and a LW is all we NEED right now. Also im really impressed with dummet

• 306 HullMag6 // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Imagine new owners and hiddink as manager…..
    We can dream and hope. In between time were stuck with our nightmare for the foreseeable. …

Make the most of what it is. …….
    It may be a clusterf@@k but its our clusterf@@k.

• 307 Ben3arfa // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Speaking on TV ahead of a Real Madrid friendly, Lyon’s President was asked about NUFC’s “bid” for Gomis. He replied “Things are in progress..”

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• 308 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM

@ JFA

Exactly. We must pick players with Agents that have bad phone signals or that want extortionate amount’s for assisting in the deal. Either that or Ashley is the tightest Billionaire on the planet :) , I know which one I would chose ;)

• 309 Jail for Ashley // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I can’t help but notice that the majority of the anti Ashley posters, although concerned at the lack of signings aren’t stating that we won’t sign anybody where as the pro Ashley mob are telling people to calm down,be patient we’ll see a couple of strikers in,again the pro Ashley mob basing their support of the fat mans methods on assumption

• 310 SeanNufc87 // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Ben3arfa

Hey, its progress

• 311 Toon_Tom // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Sean – I agree on Dummet, he can even cross the ball too ;)

• 312 xx sum ting wong xx // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Hi guys. New blogger. Pardew out!

• 313 SeanNufc87 // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Jfa

Everything is speculative until proven fact when looking forward.

• 314 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Sean
    Dummet is one of the most impressive youngsters at the club, the lad has a great attitude!
    A RB would be great as past debuchy we don’t have a recognised RB (did tav go on loan to Shrewsbury??)
    But for me this window we need a top CF, another decent CF if cisse goes, an out and out CAM, and a LW, be happy with someone like Sinclair
    Would also love to see another CB through the door mind

• 315 SeanNufc87 // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Tads

Im saying a necessary purchase, like for me, if debuchy is injured, I don’t want to see anita there. If cisse is injured we have a new striker plus gouf.

Basically until January where we can fill in the smaller gaps. Im just trying to judge peoples expectations and how disappointed people will or wont be lol.

• 316 headtheball // Jul 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM

sum @ 312
    Great first post! I agree with all your points but you forgot non humorous posters out, wums out and accountants out!
    HWTL