The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

I Am Pushing Hard To Get Transfers In – Pardew

10:09 am, Thursday, July 25th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 74 Comments

We’re sure that Alan Pardew is as frustrated as the Newcastle fans at the moment, at the distinct lack of progress seemingly being made on the transfer front this summer by Newcastle, and our new Director of Football Joe Kinnear.

Jogo Paços Ferreira & Newcastle United 23 julho 2013 (27) (1)

Newcastle players limbering up in Portugal
Photo from Portuguese reader Paulo Martins

Alan arrived back from Portugal last night from Portugal after a defeat and a draw in our two games there, and he talked to the Newcastle Journal about the transfer situation:

“It is important now that the message we give out is strong and that Joe hopefully secures the strikers that we need.” “I have, of course, been speaking to people at the club while we were in Portugal about signings.”

“It is my job to progress it for the fans, and that’s what I am going to try to do. I am the spokesman to the Board, to Joe and Mike in particular.” “I am pushing hard to get things done”

” I want those strikers in. But that can take time and I have to be patient.” “We now need to concentrate on the games we have to play. We must make sure tactically we are good and sharpen up our fitness.”

“Hopefully we can get another strong performance in the next game against Blackpool. The performances in the next few matches are really important to us.”

It’s interesting that Alan has stressed he is the voice of Newcastle to the fans and the press, and that’s why we have not heard much from Joe Kinnear since he arrived on Tyneside a couple of weeks ago.

And if Joe can keep quiet and get some good players through the door, and leave Alan alone to do the coaching duties and the press duties, things could still work well at Newcastle this season.

And in an interview with the BBC on Tuesday night, Alan was asked specifically about the possible Bafetimbi Gomis transfer, and he said this:

“I think we should pursue it as strongly as we can.”

And it seems the French players at Newcastle think that Gomis would be a terrific buy, as players like Cabaye, Sissoko, Ben Arfa and Yanga-Mbiwa will have trained with him as part of the French squad, and will know him quite well.

Gomis is a physical player with strength and speed, and he would fit in very well with Cisse up front, if we can keep Cisse at Newcastle and sort out the Wonga impasse.

And Remy would also provide both  speed and skill up front, and we are hoping we can get both through the door, but not sure what t chances of that are – probably quite low?

What do you think?

We are trying to help Ingo Hagemann who is an International student at Northumbria University studying for an MSc in Sports Marketing, and he’s doing a survey as part of his Masters dissertation. The survey is on the controversial sponsorship between Wonga and Newcastle and it takes only five to ten minutes to complete.

Please help Ingo by taking the survey here – many thanks.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

74 responses so far ↓

• 1 jeff // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM

sum ting wong as kevin durant said

if you dont got haters your doin SUM TING WONG

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

• 2 G // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Any update on Remy’s legal issues? Has he been formally charged or is it still pending?

• 3 foggonridiculous // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:12 AM

RE-GURGITATED FROM PREVIOUS PAGE

There are too many foodist comments on this blog

Campbell (soup) PEA (soup)
    It doesn’t leave mushroom (soup) for any football talk

I blame Secret Sausage…

• 4 tomellifred360 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Push harder!

Please.

• 5 John Tudor // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:12 AM

g he is off for a sabbatical @ hedonists in the caribbean

• 6 toonfan76 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Repost from last thread.

I see “What Culture” is reporting that we have put in a 10 million bid for Gomis and Kone. Hope there’s some truth in that one. Starting to get really fed up of waiting for some good transfer news. Morning all.

• 7 richyg01 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM

@4

That sounds wrong mate, who you beggin?

• 8 Jamiemac // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM

sum ting wong

Who would you like to see us sign and what would your favoured XI be?

• 9 G // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM

@5, isn’t that where all the mid-life crisis types go to pretend they are cool? Pretty certain I saw a documentary about that resort once, and the people there made Donald & Jacqueline from the tv show Benidorm look fairly normal.

• 10 G // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM

@7, it doesn’t sound any worse than the thread headline mate. When I read it I had a mental image similar to that of Richard Gere and Rodents.

• 11 John Tudor // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM

i think its where all the dirty buggars go for dirty humpy jollies

• 12 tomellifred360 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM

@7

Lol!

• 13 jeff // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM

richygo1 not lately lol

hope shes ok actually.she misses the calming influence of ap i think

• 14 foggonridiculous // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM

@ G

…that’s better than my mental image of Joe giving birth/pushing a striking out/over the line…

…and the language….tsk tsk !

• 15 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM

In all credit to pardew he pushes publicly for signings every window, shame the board only selectively back him!

Jail For Ashley
    1 min ago
    Toon Prodigy,
    Considering it has been slashed with the departures of Best, Lover, Xisco, Harper , Simpson , Guthrie, Ranger, Forster, Ba it probably hasn’t risen much at all.

Don’t forget since he took the club on big earners like Given Owen Martins Enrique Barton Nolan Duff Smith Butt etc

• 16 richyg01 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Norwich jumping in to hijack the Hooper deal.

Flappy chops wont like that!

• 17 Indian Magpie // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM

As an expectant father told the Mother

PUSH, PUSH HARDER

• 18 blew // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Yesterday Celtic agreed a £5M fee with QPR for Hooper.
    Today Norwich have agreed a fee for the same player – yes Alan ‘These things can take time’, especially at NUFC with your regime. You and Joe are as fast as a stunned snail.
    Go to the toilet and take your mouth for a c**p

• 19 richyg01 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Charlie Austin has been offered a new three-year deal by Burnley.

• 20 Bearsize // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Pardew says it can take time signing someone. What he means is it takes us a long time as we have to insult them first with a paltry offer then slowly raise it to a small insult, then pull out. Clubs are sick of us now

• 21 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Toon kk

Morning!

As many as we can get! But in order of priority I’d say
    Striker (like Gomis)
    Attacking midfielder/winger/striker (I think Remy would fit here too)

Then maybe
    Right back (back-up to Debuchy)
    Centre back (replacement for Willo)
    Goalie (back-up to Krul)
    Another attacking midfielder

I’d be perfectly happy with the first two as long as nobody leaves

• 22 jettson1971 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Yawn!! Yawn!! Yawn!!

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS!!

• 23 gus3232 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM

looks like hooper now off to norwich,more delays in possible remy deal

• 24 richyg01 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Manchester United’s Bebe is a target for Portuguese side Pacos de Ferreira.

• 25 toon kk // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Foggonrid….
    Are you a chef????? You know your soups!!!!

• 26 richyg01 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:22 AM

@21

2 strikers and 2 wingers for me like AT LEAST.

• 27 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM

JfA

We only do that because some people make out that running a football club is as simple as the game! I agree, it would have been best if we’d had someone in by now, but if transfers just took a weeks then we wouldn’t need a 2 month transfer window…

• 28 toon22 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Hope in the end Remy stays at QPR
    Just to pee off Chubby chops n Remy.

• 29 JaxtheMag // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM

new signing soon cisse

• 30 nico // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM

How long does it take to complete a transfer? If we leave it to long, the new player won’t have time to bed himself in etc.
    The issues as the Toon at the moment are mental. Ni Cisse, no forward coming in. JFK in charge……….

• 31 nico // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Sinclair would be a great buy. Go get him JFK ha

• 32 Tommyy // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM

This club loses me more so every passing day. We need Ashley out, it’s as simple as that. There is absolutely no point to Newcastle Uniteds existance from a fan viewpoint like this. I hate the lot of it, rotten to the core.

• 33 tomellifred360 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Reports saying that Hooper is going to Norwich and that QPR are furious.
    Two things!
    What goes around, comes around.
    How will this affect our supposedly ongoing pursuit of Remy?Was hooper meant to be Remy’s replacement?

• 34 JP...from The Rock // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Just when I thought this transfer window couldn’t get any worse, Strolla says he wants to stay!!!

Someone please tell Strolla he’s SHITE and NOT WANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ffs

When will the last of the Brambles finally leave!!! Useless always springs to mind when I think of this tool. Depressing times indeed.

• 35 foggonridiculous // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Toon KK

haha! My cooking is as bad as my so-called “humour”

….as to soups I don’t know that many…onion(e) or two

• 36 Thump // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM

@G: Not as far as I know. Word on the street is that he’s innocent, though.

• 37 toon kk // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Transfers do take time. BUT at Newcastle it is a major issue looking for the right deal!!! We don’t want to pay a penny over the odds.

• 38 lesh // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Pardew should know that Joe can’t sign anybody ’til the doctors give the ok to take his strait jacket off.

foggonridiculous – It’s not only food at NUFC. What about the drinks cabinet?

Remy (Martin, brandy) and Taylor’s (port) anyone?

• 39 Rake // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Gomis
    Winger
    CAM

I know Sissoko is saying he is a number 10 but he sure as hell isn’t.

• 40 foggonridiculous // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:35 AM

@ lesh

…you have a good point there

…wining fans (allegedly)
    ….scotched transfer rumours
    …..rye postings from bloggers

not forgetting Derek Lambrusco….

waiter!!! waiter!!!!

• 41 G // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

There’s still a hell of a lot of (understandable) negativity on the blog. I have a funny feeling though that we will be pleasantly surprised by the time the season kicks off. I don’t have any reasons, or rumours for this, just a feeling that something is going on, and the club are playing it very close to their chests. Hopefully something will come to fruition very soon.

• 42 foggonridiculous // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM

fruit(ion) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!

• 43 Toon_Tom // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Hooper going to Norwich should not affect Remy!!!

He has a release clause, he WILL NOT be at QPR next season – so put in a decent bid to activate the release clause and sign him up!

• 44 remy D // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM

God man listen how many times %100 we are not going to get loric remy please don’t waste you’re time thinking any different he’s not coming here

• 45 foggonridiculous // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM

@ G

you did that on purpose :-)

• 46 magpie6699 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Jp – I get fed up with the people who constantly slag Shola off. He’s not the greatest by any means and at times he drives me mad – but at other times he has done good things for the team. All our managers, including Sir Bobby, have rated him. He’d never be first choice for me but to describe him as “SHITE” or the worst ever in such poisonous terms is just paranoid prejudice and blind hatred for no reason. If he leaves, I hope he gets a decent Championship team where he will prove a good player still at that level.

• 47 G // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Sorry to Egg-saspirate you fog, really didn’t mean to be cheesy in my wording, so apologies if it’s grating on you now.

• 48 clinath@ed // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Hooper/Norwich…shouldn’t effect Remy leaving QPR….as he’s reportedly got a get out clause following relegation.

• 49 lesh // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM

foggonridiculous….. You’re wide awake this morning – you’ve obviously taken your Pils and had some food incider!

• 50 magpie6699 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM

PS – It’s also boring as well.

• 51 toon kk // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Foggonrid. …
    Ha ha we need a bit of humour on here these days, everyone so p….ed off with the lack of signings coming in.

• 52 JaxtheMag // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:41 AM

jury still out on sissoko he has a lot to prove. hooper could of done a job for us.

• 53 clinath@ed // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:41 AM

TOON_TOM….just beat me. lol!

• 54 foggonridiculous // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:42 AM

….just waiting for nurse now…

….can’t be long….they’ve already drawn the screens….

• 55 Tommyy // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:42 AM

G – I certainly won’t be. What I expected as a minimum after last seasons debacle was 2 strikers, a winger and a CB and the majority of those in and ready for preseason – and a coaching addition for Pardew. At the absolute minimum.

All we’ve seen is Joe Kinnear, a failed move for Harford and Perch and Simpson leave! The only positive has been Faye Downey. It’s 100 percent not good enough.

Therefore I won’t be pleasantly surprised at all unless all of those things occur and more. Which they won’t.

• 56 G // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I hope I am right, and you are wrong then Tommyy, I feel your pain though mate.

• 57 lesh // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM

And you G, hope the cheese isn’t pasta itsa beats!!

• 58 lesh // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM

@57 • pasta itsa besta!

• 59 ToonDarnSarf // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Magpie6699

I’m with you. Sheila is a Geordie, he’s our player and he’s the Mackem slayer! He’s not the best player in the world but he’s been loyal and scored some important goals.

• 60 foggonridiculous // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM

lesh

penne for your thoughts

• 61 richyg01 // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Yeah, Remy’s release clause is £6M

• 62 G // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM

@ fog, I thought you were anti-food today mate, complete hypocrisy on your part. I hope you get your just deserts!

• 63 Tommyy // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM

G – I’d love nothing more than for you to be right. It wiuld get me optimistic again.

• 64 plana // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Pardew, out! The inspector clueless, of football management. Another day of ifs maybes and buts from the master of gibberish.

• 65 JaxtheMag // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM

remey will never come here, we will never pay his wages, we should of got hooper. that’s our level now.

• 66 foggonridiculous // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM

G

haha!

guilty as charged….

gone into food overload now….

completely crackers

• 67 nico // Jul 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM

My uncle works at Newcastle airport and he’s seen Gomis and Remy arrive in the last hour. My sisters brother is a taxi driver who has also seen them. My daughter works in a post office in Newcastle and she also says she’s seen them. LOOKS LIKE TODAY IS THE DAY.

• 68 pawl250 // Jul 25, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Its hard to think that we will sign anyone.

Gomis
    Remy
    Siem De Jong!!

PLEASE, we sign these guys we have a stronger looking squad.

Sell Shola, Sell Obertan, Sell Gosling.

———————- Krul ———————-
    Debuchy – Mbiwa – Coloccini – Santon
    ——– Cabaye – Tiote – Sissoko ———
    Ben Arfa ——– Cisse ————- Remy

or if De Jong comes in.

———————- Krul ———————-
    Debuchy – Mbiwa – Coloccini – Santon
    ————- Cabaye – Sissoko ————–
    Ben Arfa ——- De Jong ———– Remy
    ————— Cisse or Gomis —————-

Would be a strong, fast squad.

• 69 savio // Jul 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Hi Friends,

I really think we will get gomis…really hope we keep all our quality players and sign the 3 strikers mentioned here….my concern is regarding sunderland and the players they have signed…have they signed any quality players…do you guys seen any of those guys before…i have heard of altidore and giacherrini…and i do know that sessegnon and johnson are quality players…please let me know if you anything on those new guys…it will be really worse if they overtake us in the league…that will be worst thing to happen…

• 70 ArtyH // Jul 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Pardew cant loose now as JFK is responsible for transfers, JFK will take all the flack for no signings.
    Reflecting on last years ludicrous off sides by poor officials, before the start of the season Pardew should make a statement that the forwards have had intense training about the ” off side trap “. Stating our forwards will have been drilled to start a step behind the opposition defender in order to negate the poor or biased decisions made by the suspect officials. This will be all over the T.V and the net and make the officials aware they will be scrutinised and hopefully we will be treated fairly. Just my thoughts. After all if someone says to you ” What ever you do don’t think of a pink elephant “, what’s the first thing that comes into your mind? Just my thoughts on one of our problems from last season.

• 71 JP...from The Rock // Jul 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM

magpie6699 – Blind hatred? I’ve been painfully watching that clown Strolla try to kick a ball cleanly and score for more than 10 years! (shame he only does it in friendlies once a year)

And that sorry argument that he’s been loyal? Please don’t give me that tripe. Anyone would be loyal if they were at one of the best teams in Europe and earned as much as he gets paid.

Money and the fact that Strolla knows he’s shite is where his loyalty lies.

Even Championship teams will struggle to come to reasons for being interested in a player of such low quality.

I don’t ever shout stuff blindly unless we’re losing a match and I am watching it on telly.

This hatred has been building up season after season and our pathetic acceptance that if we don’t have any good strikers available-we still have Shola mentality really gets under my skin.

His goal scoring ration has to be the worst in the world for a striker in ANY league. I’d rather have Kuqi than Shola, that’s how low I think of him. His quality is in talking his way onto a new extension.

Maybe Shola can convince Mike Ashley to signing something that resembles a striker using his persuasive powers, maybe that way we’ll see some movement in the transfer front and send STROLLA way down the pecking order.

rant over

• 72 eltoon // Jul 25, 2013 at 12:38 PM

nico,
    Surely your sister’s brother is your brother too?
    Hope it’s true anyway lol

• 73 sirjasontoon // Jul 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Pardew talking Poop again :lol: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• 74 coastalboy // Jul 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Shola would not be on any other squad in the top 2 leagues never mind being a starter. Remember Shearer & Ferdinand Beardsley etc it makes one want to cry how far we have sunk

previous post: Newcastle Now Odds On To Sign Bafetimbi Gomis

next post: An About Turn For Newcastle Striker?