The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

No Future On Tyneside For Newcastle Midfielder

10:38 am, Friday, July 26th, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 221 Comments

Midfielder Dan Gosling walked away from a possible deal with Crystal Palace earlier this week, after he was put in limbo after completing a medical in London on Monday, but the club did not contact him and he left to return to Newcastle on Wednesday.

dan gosling 9876

Dan Gosling – needs to find a new club

It’s a blow to both Newcastle and Dan that the deal has fallen though, but the former Everton and Plymouth player will still be looking to leave Newcastle this summer, since he’s been told he has not future on Tyneside.

But news that Newcastle will give him the cold shoulder after he walked away from Palace is far from the truth, although both Dan and Newcastle will now be looking to get him to a new club before September rolls around.

There was news in SportsDirect News yesterday about Dan, and a Newcastle insider told them:

“It would be safe to assume that manager Alan Pardew and [director of football] Joe Kinnear would look for another club for him.”

It could be that Crystal Palace will revive the deal, but Dan was not impressed with the way he was treated at the London club, after being on Tyneside for three years, and it’s unlikely  Palace will pursue the deal.

But Dan could be a good signing for a club like Hull City or even Cardiff City, as the two newly promoted clubs try to strengthen their squads to survive in the Premier League next season.

We are helping Ingo Hagemann – an International MSC student in Sports Marketing at Northumbria University – who’s doing a survey on the controversial sponsorship between Wonga and Newcastle, as part of his Masters dissertation.

Please help Ingo by taking the survey here - many thanks.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

Tags: Contracts · Dan Gosling · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours

221 responses so far ↓

• 1 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM

@ sum ting

Leaving eh ? .

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out ;) .

• 2 xx sum ting wong xx // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Apologies to Christoon for my outburst but I am getting a rough ride here

• 3 jeff // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:42 AM

sum ting, they all gang up on the newbies. its expected. they like to treat everyone else like kids, which can be expected given that most of em are retired teachers

• 4 jeff // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM

hahaha jeff they sound exactly like retired teachers!

• 5 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Never been impressed by Gosling and don’t care if he goes.

I guess the 4-2-3-1 formation is a thing of the past with Pardew wanting to play 2 strikers. I just hope it is a 4-3-3 with Remy or a 4-4-2 with Sinclair.

• 6 JFK junior // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Detective Kinnear Jr here….There is of course the fact that somebody could be logged in on a phone under 1 name, and logged in on an iPad or whatever under a second name! Thus being able to post 2 different comments and be the same person.

Seems far too much like hard work for my liking but each to their own!

• 7 JFK junior // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM

@4

Jeff talking to himself??!

Awkward…

• 8 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM

@ jeff

Post 3 & 4

Care to explain :) . What a loser hahahahahahaha

• 9 richyg01 // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Steady on there Ed, you hitting them Red Bull’s today or what!!!

• 10 Rainrix // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Haha

• 11 richyg01 // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Have Jeff and Sum Ting had a conversation?

• 12 richyg01 // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM

@4

Opps, forget to log out and back in there Jeff??

• 13 JFK junior // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:48 AM

That could be the last we see of Jeff.

I’m awaiting for ‘Geoff’ to become a new poster.

• 14 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:48 AM

So we can safely estimate Sum Ting Wong’s age to be around 16, given his chosen alias and his choice of insults. In the space of half an hour, he’s called someone a ‘convicted paedophile’ and told someone to ‘go suck their dad’.

He no doubt uses such smack talk all the time, so his apology is worthless.

There should be an IQ access exam for the internet.

• 15 xx sum ting wong xx // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Lads where did the theory come from that me n Jeff are the same person?

• 16 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Jeff/Sum Ting

Put your foot in it there haven’t you? Couldn’t handle the heat? Now piss off!

• 17 JFK junior // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Dude give up the ghost! It’s over…

• 18 Toon_Tom // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Jeff – busted!!!!

@3/4

(Hand over face)

• 19 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM

@ jeff aka sum ting wrong

Actually don’t leave, please stay. Laughing at how sad you are has actually brightened up my morning with this depressing transfer news hahaha :) .

• 20 JP...from The Rock // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM

@4 – Hahahah looks like you’ve been found out JEFF! lololol why does loser spring to mind lol how sad

• 21 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM

knowing our luck gosling would bite us in the backside so i would rather him go out of the prem.

goofy has done well as a striker and will be there excuse imo for only buying 1 striker in (cisse/goofy/cambell/new lad/shola) we all know shola doesnt belong there and that cambell is not ready and needs to go on loan but i’m preparing for the excuses.

1 striker and a class winger or 2 though i’d take and accept about goofy’s form as striker.

• 22 richyg01 // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM

@15

Same person, two different accounts.

Either 2 separate browsers or 2 separate devices.

SAD

• 23 AaranD // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I know his cousin from Uni and she has said he loves it at the toon but knows he wont get much of look in so is looking at his options.

• 24 xx sum ting wong xx // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Guys. I’m not Jeff. How can I prove it?

• 25 JFK junior // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Jeff / STW

I agree with BPC. Stick around! This is brilliant!

BPC – I know you dislike multiple user id’s but THIS was worth every minute!

It’s gonna be a good day for the blog! What a way to cheer everybody up! HWTL

• 26 richyg01 // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Do you think our striker targets will change now Cisse is staying?

• 27 Markaccus // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Been watching the jeff/stw saga silently for a day or so now. I was not convinced either way, however after posts 3 and 4 i am.

Captain picard face-palm moment!

• 28 richyg01 // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM

@24

YOU CANT!

• 29 gentle09 // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Sumtingwong! read posts 3 and 4 then you’l know. Also Jeff/TINGWONG Please stop posting shit that no one understands. I enjoy reading this blog and sometimes discussing NUFC but its sole destroying having to scroll through your drivel, spelling mistakes and general shite!

Back on topic and I believe D Gosling will do a good job for a championship side but just not quick enough for PL

• 30 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM

:lol:

How much of a pathetic maggot do you have to be, to spend your time, lots of your time as he’s ever present, leading such a life?

Look out for new posters later on. He’ll be busy changing his alias, perhaps just the one of them, now, and waiting for it to get cleared.

• 31 JP...from The Rock // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:59 AM

On to football I don’t think Spurs are in for Gomis. Though I am as worried as anyone as regards to incoming players. We are so light up front it’s ridiculous. The fact that Pardew is bigging up Gouffran for a strikers role this coming season worries me even more. It looks like we might not bring any strikers in.

The club is a real shambles and needs to get it’s act right asap. We need players in and we need them now! Surely Fat Mike won’t let last years penny pinching hurt us again this time will he? We barely survived the league due to insufficient buys in the summer and yet we lying on our asses again! What a joke this club has become. One or two signings can change the mood instantly and help the newbies settle before the new campaign.

What none of us want is to have Pardew left red faced trying to come up with excuses to cover up Mike Ashleys lack of ambition come September.

• 32 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:59 AM

@24 sum ting/jeff

if you are the same person just think ! you’ve been to the toilet and held another mans winkie :-)

• 33 Bearsize // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Shola is poo

• 34 clinath@ed // Jul 26, 2013 at 10:59 AM

accidental humour…..better than slapstick. pmsl!!

• 35 JFK junior // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Richy – I dont think so mate.

We always needed 2 strikers or forwards capable of playing in a 4-3-3, so that won’t change I suspect. Could be Remy and gomis, or
    Could be Remy + a younger striker.

But either way, reckon we will still bring in 2.

• 36 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Jeff @3&4
    Not sure what the term is in India but over here it’s called caught red handed
    Now that you have painfully ousted yourself as the scum sucking mackem troll we all knew you were in the most cringe worthy way possible could you please kindly remove yourself, your alter egos and your boring shite drivelling posts and fcuk right off you sad little c**t
    Ta

P.S
    What does a retired teacher sound like? Do there voices magically change or something?
    Coming from pennywell have you ever even seen a teacher? Or a school? Or a shower?

• 37 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Lauren robert, is really Jeff!

• 38 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM

And just like that Jeffs 3rd account pops up…..

• 39 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM

@ Jfk

I just think there should be a way that if you want to have more than one account it should show both names when you post.

It is easy enough to spot. Usually a guy will either say something, then a minute or two later a poster you have never seen before is like “yeah I completeley agree” with the poster and then they are never seen again.

Or when there is an argument and posters will side with themselves. You just have to look out for it ;)

• 40 JFK junior // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Toonarmydownsouth -

After all that’s gone before with Jeff giving you stick, I bet you are LOVING this mate! Haha

• 41 Rainrix // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM

…Or a person without webbed feet and hands?

• 42 plana // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Robert, is a large booby!

• 43 richyg01 // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM

you know we are all gonna be sus of any new names popping up in here now

• 44 JFK junior // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Man oh man….

Jeff aka STW aka viv aka plana

• 45 jeff // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Alright. I admit I am a troll, and I can sympathise with you all in regards to how the transfer window has been going. For what its worth, I have another account here. It begins with T. I will stop using this account from now on, and only use my old account.

Trolling you guys was fun, and also incredibly easy. I never knew how goddamn easily you would all take the bait after faking responding to myself, but I just had to do it given how all you believed I was sum ting wong, or rather he was me.

Adios fellow NUFC fans. I’ll still be talking to you. You just won’t know who I am.

• 46 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Oh, within moments of each other and after ‘Jeff’ and ‘stw’ were floundering, Plana and Viv have joined us, what a coincidence……

• 47 jeff // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM

In other words: I am done, and sum ting wong is not me. Rather he’s probably a 13 y/o Indian boy.

• 48 cbtoon82 // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Seriously, what is the craic with this blog these days? There are more comments posted with people b*tching at each other, than there is about football or nufc?

Anyway, I think gosling has more chance in the championship. If I were a prem manager I’m not sure I would take a risk on him.

• 49 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM

One of my mates is a Spurs fan and I recken they should go for Ba. I would have him but I don’t see it unfortunateley.

I just think he is a nice guy and he is going to get no where near the team with Lukaku,Schurlle & Torres.

• 50 Perchinho Pricing Blunder // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM

@tads haha you just made my day.
    @Jeff you’re not even clever enough to log outility and back? Deserved to be caught you trolling Pollack.
    @stw try to use less childish insults and discuss footballing matters while considering other perspectives not just your own

• 51 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM

you must admit it is very desperate to have 2 accounts to try agree with yourself !
    surely the fact that no else agree’s with you is meaning there may not be too much in the debate and that agreing with yourself doesnt actually count as others taking your view !

you have put a big smile on my face though jeff and made me forget about our troubled club for a while and for that i thank you as i’ve not had a great deal to smile about lately :-)

• 52 hadthetshirt // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Lads it might take a little time for our little indian friend to realise what he’s done.Let’s wait for the rupee to drop pmsl.

tumblewwed rolling
    How about a prize for guessing which one of the new user’s he will be next. ;)

• 53 JP...from The Rock // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM

This whole Jeff thing has put a smile on my face though lol We all needed a sad mackem to laugh at to get us through this boring transfer window :D

Cheers Jeff AKA- xx sum ting wong xx ;)

• 54 JFK junior // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Jeff – The only person you fooled was yourself mate!!

Has cheered me up seeing you get caught out. And I dare say we will be able to spot your New persona from a mile off.

Seems you aren’t very good at this lark!

• 55 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Jeff

\Not a bad attempt in 20 mins, at trying to get your other personas off the hook. I’m sure we all believe you.

• 56 Markaccus // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Haha jeff now trying to belittle everyone else because he was sussed. Now he is leaving so that no one can reply to his sad parting shot.

• 57 plana // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Viv jeff sum tum = JFK the blogs silly boy!

• 58 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:10 AM

@ Jeff

Well done. I am sure the N.S.A will be looking to tecruit you for your amazing achievement :) .

• 59 Perchinho Pricing Blunder // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:10 AM

@48 I see gosling as a second tier player too. Guy who had potential but it didn’t develop.
    He’ll do well in the championship like Chopra and Ambrose have

• 60 JFK junior // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:10 AM

This blog now feels like it used too!

And all it took was a makem troll to make himself look like a kn0b!!!

Who needs signings….?!?!

Ok let’s not get silly…! Ha

• 61 jeff // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM

You guys are stupid. As a troll I had nothing to lose by posting the fourth post in this thread. I only did it because I knew you guys would be so easy to trick.

Now, however, I feel bad for sum ting wong, as he’s just a guy looking for a blog to talk on. Just let him talk. Notice how I’ve never trolled any of you individually. I don’t want to hurt anyone as an individual – so let him post properly please.

Plus this trolling was getting tiresome.

• 62 Toon_Tom // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM

How can Jeff say it was easy for him to fool us, when we have been calling him out for weeks!!

• 63 Tinman // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahha

What a stupid cucking funt!
    That has made my day, what a tool

• 64 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM

wait wait wait

ashley upset us
    pards upset us
    jk upset us
    cisse upset us

jeff however actually made everyone on this blog smile and laugh !

i vote jeff as new manager/owner/director/tea lady i can only see happy times ahead for us.

• 65 xx sum ting wong xx // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM

If I admit I’m Jeff, then that makes him look like a reet pillock

• 66 jeff // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM

A troll doesn’t need alternate accounts to back up what he says. He’s just looking for reactions – not validation, lol.

• 67 xx sum ting wong xx // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Thanks Jeff. Don’t think they’ll buy it though. Their minds are made up.

• 68 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:15 AM

@ Jeff

I had you sussed 3 days ago after about 4 posts from sum ting wong .

• 69 Tinman // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Theres also one thing which links all of jeffs accounts. It shows how truly stupid he is and makes him extremely easy to spot. In fact its so easy to spot him its not even fun anymore

• 70 richyg01 // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Jeff

No-one cares, we dont come on here to play silly teenager games.

• 71 Markaccus // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Jeff

You shouldn’t be trolling anyway for any reason. It just means you are a pointless little worm with nowt better to do. It is disrespectful to everyone else, and Ed callef for more respect on this blog less than a week ago. Now, whether you beleive you have won or not, i don’t care, just p1ss off and let everyone post sensibly in peace

• 72 JFK junior // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Croftus – I’d back that 100%.

• 73 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Jeff/SumTing

Yes, they are, now please leave, pack up Viv and Plana too.

• 74 wynsleap // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Can we all just forget about Jeff or Sumting or wheoever else he calls himself and concentrate on the fact that it is 24 days to the start of the season and as yet we have signed bu*****ll.
    Thought the fans would be more interested and concerned with this…but there you go. Let’s all get our priorities right.

• 75 JP...from The Rock // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Jeff /xx sum ting wong xx – You Admit to be a Troll but then come up and defend your other account? Man whatever it is you’re smoking I want some! LOLOL This is fvuking hilarious :D

• 76 Tinman // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM

wynsleap, chill out dude. You could always try and enjoy those 24 days?

• 77 plana // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Doesn’t. Look as if Gomis will sign. Its all looking a bit desperate.

• 78 supershola // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Think this story hits the nail on the head

Great piece on the north east so far this summer

• 79 xx sum ting wong xx // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I am not Jeff. Only signed up 3 days ago and caused all sorts of crap. Sorry if I’ve made things hard for you Jeff. Not my intention.

• 80 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Jeef/Sum Ting

Why are you trying to justify and explain, like this is an episode of Scooby-Doo? Your defence of ‘Sum Ting’ holds no water. F off!

• 81 JP...from The Rock // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM

wynsleap – We’re all worried and even more so after Gouffran and Ameobi are being mentioned as our saviours up-front.

We are incredibly unprofessional in the way we handle player transfers. It is embarrassing and I bet the journos themselves must tire of the constant speculation without action.

I think we will nick Gomis but I honestly refer Remy. His lightning pace and trickery will open up defences and allow us to play 4-3-3. Not only he that but he did pretty well for QPR for the little time he was there.

• 82 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM

i cant take this blog serious now lol

anyone seen leeroy jenkins of years back ——–>(jeff)

your a legend buddy…please dont ever leave the blog i need you…your like the benny hill of toon supporters.

• 83 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Back to football then!
    Poor gos just never got over that injury prob has lost a bit of pace and sharpness maybe it’s worth getting him out on loan seeing if he comes good?

• 84 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM

@ wynsleap

Can you blame us ? . Other than Chinese wispers about Gomis & Remy we are in the dark. I’m sure if there was news about either of the being in Newcastle for a medical we would not have even noticed Jeff.

• 85 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Jeff/Sum Ting

Why are you trying to justify and explain, like this is some kind of Scooby-Doo convention? ‘Jeff’, your scrambling defence of one of your other identities, ‘Sum Ting’, holds no water, you are one in the same, now f*** off.

• 86 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM

@82 tds

agree he’s a good player but unfortunatly neer came to promise after the injury !
    think several younger players have pushed in front of him now though bigi/vukic (innman is gone imo) then theres anita/sissoko/cabaye/guti/tiote and i wouldnt think he would improve enough to beat those.

but if no one wants him it will not hurt anything to send him out on loan..i would rather not play against him though as he could hurt us.

• 87 plana // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM

It seems that Ashley, the orthodox tight arse was hoping one our big players would move for big money. Allowing a cheaper import to come in.

• 88 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM

@ JP

I agree bud. Bring in Remy and a three pronged attack of :

——–HBA——–Cisse——–Remy——–

And I will get excited. Not many back four’s in the PL will be able to handle them. Then bring in Sinclair so 4-4-2 becomes an option as well.

The cherry on top would be De Jong and Gomis as well but it is Mike Ashley we are talking about. Just Imagine Remy scoring that goal against wigan in a black & white shirt.

• 89 wolfshead@toon // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM

plana

i cant decide if thats cynical or the truth haha

• 90 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM

think most have just lost confidence in signings after the summer when we was told we would strengthen but didnt !
    then told we would sign players this window but havent so far so we worry as taking a hol ect does not seem right.

they may come out squeeky clean by the end of it and we all hope so but judging from the past you cant blame most of us fearing the worst untill we sign someone.

• 91 JAMSHA // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Olly Murs @ollyofficial 30m
    Every morning I’m checking
    @SkySportsNews its depressing that
    @ManUtd still ain’t got any
    reinforcements in! Yet CITY have spent
    90 million!

lol

• 92 sello // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM

How infuriatingly boring is it for the good football fans to come on this blog to talk about football to find you have to scroll through a bunch of immature dickheads talking about nothing but crap. Get a life. You know who you all are.

• 93 brian kilclines pony tail // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:39 AM

what a tit, still trying to justify it.

ed can you run an ip locator on jeff’s login’s all i need is his address, many thanks ;-)

• 94 Big Pappa Cissé // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM

@ Jamsha

Most people know (including Fergusson) Man U can’t compete with the likes of City & Chelsea anymore. If you actually believe they have the funds to bring in the likes of Bale & Fabregas you should think again.

They are £600 million in debt and can’t afford to throw money around with their current owners. That is why I think they brought Moyes in, to work on a gight budget. Take Van Persie out of their team and they are average in comparisson to City & Chelsea.

Thats why I have a bet on for them to finish outside the top 3 as well ;)

• 95 plana // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Well Ashley, has made it quite clear that the team had to generate its own funds. Buying players for low fees and moving them out for profit, then using the profit to buy more players. That hasn’t worked in reality though. Andy Carroll, was sold and the money hidden away.

• 96 Rotonda heights // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM

i was hoping pardew was going to return to a 433 and I don’t mean with jonas in the front 3 but it looks like 442 again – happy days NOT!

• 97 Rotonda heights // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Jeff’s not the first though sadly. Ian Toon has suddenly dropped carl and other aliases too. very sad.

• 98 xx sum ting wong xx // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Guys. Please give me the benefit of the doubt. I’m not anyone else. I’m me and me only. I signed up to talk toon but it was the guys having a pop that got me defending myself and not talking football.

I thought my Sig was catchy when I thought of it but it seems to have done me no favours at all.

Please just give me a chance to converse with you all and I’m sure I can bring something to the table.

If I continue to get the raw end of the deal then I will just leave and you have bullied and harrassed a genuine poster away. Think about it.

• 99 Finnbad The Sailor // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I wish there was a way to block certain posters posts from displaying so I could filter out some of the siht from certain people.

Back on topic with regards to the Gouffran thread and this one.

I read it that pardew wants two players vying for a #9 role through the middle a la Cisse and that Gouffran is in with a shout for that. I think it’s quite telling that there’s no mention of Shola either.

On DG he’s not been up to the standard we require since coming here. Hampered by unfortunate injuries and the likes. It’s a shame his transfer to palace didn’t come off. Hopefully something can be sorted. I will give him props however for the piece I read concerning him (unsure if it was direct quotes or an agent) who had said he was unhappy to sit and pick up wages from the club for another year whilst not doing anything to merit them. Which is a nice stance to take in the modern game.

• 100 Belfast // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I would loan him out to a championship club for 6 months and if he doesn’t cut the mustard get rid off him.

Still don’t think he’s ever been given a proper chance to be fair to him.

You certainly don’t become that shite overnight lol

• 101 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM

@94 plana

you must have read through this blog on the ac money debate seeing as its happened a hell of a lot of times and i really can not be bothered to drag it all up again !

i think its time we stopped bringing that up now the money was spent theres evidence all over the place for it.

and this ashley funds in to out thing does work to a degree as we now have the players we have !

the problem i personally see with it is that we are always a season behind and only spend profits when we have them i.e. this season we have last seasons profits !
    next season we will have the t.v. bonus money ect (unless it has already been banked i have no idea tbh)

financialy i think 95% of fans realise what ashley has done to the books is spot on ! his running of team affairs though has to be questioned.

• 102 brian kilclines pony tail // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:56 AM

from the last few days im reading that we have cisse and shola staying, pards wants goufy to play up top, so that leaves us to buy one striker, i never fancied us to buy two strikers in this window.

maybe a winger, but he wont drop jonas so that would be a waste of cash.

• 103 jeff // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM

bet Gosling regrets refusing to play right-back now

• 104 JAMSHA // Jul 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Big Pappa Cissé

an us ,even haveng money we are gambleng with our team

• 105 plana // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Well croftus@100 the books are balanced and 95% of fans are happy. So what is the end game? The team is under staffed and filled with sub-standard players that only a few years ago wouldn’t have made the reserves. Only when Ashley, decides to become ambitious will the team follow.

• 106 Belfast // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I really cant understand why we’re trying to sign a goalkeeper. Is this Alnwick kid rubbish or what ??

I think Elliot is decent back up.

Or maybe Krul is leaving.

• 107 Belfast // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Could be another way of just annoying Pardew to be fair.

Elliot was a Pardew signing.

• 108 Rotonda heights // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Does anyone know what Beardo’s role at the club is now? I thought he was originally meant to be doing a bit of what JFK is allegedly doing and Mick Harford was lined up to do.

• 109 Novocastrian66 // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Olly Muirs = Penis. If

• 110 daztoon // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Why not just let players like Gosling,Amalfitano,Obertan,Abeid all go out on loan for 6 months minimum and get some regular first team football under there belts before we just write them off.
    Why we bring players in and just let them rot in the reserves is just plain stupid.
    If JK was as good as he claims to be that would be the first thing to sort and then if they ain’t cutting it off Laod them.
    We never give our youth or back up players the proper time to bed in

• 111 Rotonda heights // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM

isn’t krul still injured and apparently this kid is the next big thing.

If it’s to wind up pardew then nothing’s working, that guy will take c..p all day long for his pay cheque but even based on Obertan and Eliot being pardew buys I think that is one conspiracy theory too far

• 112 plana // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Beardsley, is a sort of ambassador, he goes round local schools and he coaches the kids.

• 113 agent007 // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM

no signings as cisse remains carlton cole as best beck up………….struggle season ahead am afraid

• 114 Rotonda heights // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:20 PM

daztoon

of the 4 you mention, it’s only gosling I just can’t see anything in at all.

I certainly wouldn’t rely on pardew’s judgement to write off abeid and amaltifano yet.

• 115 Rotonda heights // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:20 PM

thanks plana

• 116 agent007 // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM

*back up

• 117 Keith in France // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Taken from Sky News.
    The Archbishop of Canterbury has insisted he was not picking on Wonga after it emerged the Church of England invests in the payday loan firm.

The Most Reverend Justin Welby admitted being “irritated” and “embarrassed” by the revelation but went on to heap praise on Wonga and its management.

Mr Welby hailed the company for its professionalism and suggested it was far from the worst organisation in the loan sector.

The link between the Church and the firm emerged hours after the Archbishop said he wanted to force Wonga out of business by expanding credit unions

• 118 xx sum ting wong xx // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I’d like beardo in some sort of attacking coach role. That man was some player.

• 119 agent007 // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM

gouffy now seen as a striker……and a new signing in gosling yey lets all do the flipper dance

• 120 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Don’t see the big issue in buying young up and coming players!
    Elliot is never going to push krul for a spot maybe this lad will?
    I mean krul was hardly at his best last season and seemed to fall foul with complacency like so many of the squad who were under no direct pressure from competition

• 121 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Oh dear Amilfatano and abeid to examples of foreign crap that are holding the young kids back fatano is terrible the guy can’t cross the road never mind a ball. Another Carr cock-up. Get shot of all this dross.

• 122 Belfast // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I don’t think the pissing off Pardew so he walks out nonsense will work either.

You could probably demote him to tea boy and he’d still stay. lol

• 123 Toon_Tom // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:31 PM

viv/jeff – arent you happy with Carr?

• 124 richyg01 // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:31 PM

@117

Problem with Amilfitano was they bought the wrong one

• 125 Novocastrian66 // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:31 PM

C of E have put their foot right in it.

• 126 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Tom toon belt up ya cracks lifting man.

• 127 Ian Toon // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:34 PM

If you believe all that you read on football it seems that should Man United fail to secure Fabregas they are coming in for my favourite player Cabaye. Aside from dispensing with my shirt sporting him and not being prepared to buy a new one with a Wonga advertisement ; Cabaye leaving would be a massive loss.

I find it baffling that many on here dismiss his contribution going forward on the basis of his form last season. Despite an injury ravaged season and a lack of momentum in a sterile midfield he was the main creative outlet. He has a wide passing range and can play long or short to full backs bombing forward or wingers/ wide men but the lack of fluidity and movement offensively made his contribution less than in the previous season.

Pardew suggests that this coming season wil see Cabaye playing in a more technical passing side . As his passing statistics show,when playing for France, he has the ability to keep possession. In France’s 1-1 draw with Spain in Madrid he averaged 94% pass success.

• 128 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM

@104 plana

95% of fans are happy with our financial status but that has nothing to do with our club status in the league.

from the team we had before i would have to disagree that our current team would not have got into the reserves as i think this is the strongest teams we have had since the 97 kk days as a whole and we really should not have the quality of players we have atm with the pay scheme and transfer plans we have !

i do question ambition with us not recruiting last season in the summer but i can also be critical on that as i thought and was wrong in thinking we would have been stronger with no signings but i have learnt for this season and hoping the club have also.

sending jk on hols and lack of pushing for transfers in though seems a risk to me when we need them to gel before the season starts.

• 129 Finnbad The Sailor // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I swear I’d seen something a while back either from a paper or on here where someone had quoted Beardsley as saying something along the lines of;

“Amalfitano will need a year to settle in very promising but won’t see his best or a breakthrough until next season”

which is this season. All though to be honest im more disappointed in Abeid not making it.

• 130 martoon // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM

xx sum ting wong xx @115 – Beardo did have a role like that but as I remember there was some kind of hushed up problem to do with bullying and he was moved on to his current role.

• 131 richyg01 // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM

@124

JK holiday was pre-arranged, wasn’t it the anniversary of his sons’ death?

• 132 daztoon // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM

@Rotonda
    Yeah I agree on Gosling but to be fair to the lad he ain’t had much football since coming back from injuries.
    We waste so much talent.Vuckic needs a full season out on loan as well as Good,Streete,Campbell etc.
    We have an owner who wants to use Arsenal as the blue print yet we are as far away from that as could be.
    The whole set up from DOF,Manager,Coaches etc are and never will be premier league standard

• 133 Ian Toon // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Tads – Krul suffered more from the leaking back four, an injury ravaged season and bad luck in that the injuries he picked up were rather freakish. He does need to work on his kicking though. I like to have quality back up at Gk, CB And ST with a squad system it seems crazy to be faced with an inexperienced replacement in the spine of the team.

• 134 Goodfella // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I wonder if Pards is talking up Gouffran as a striker because he knows we aren’t singing one, why didnt we go for Hooper or even Matej Vydra both would’ve been cheap enough.

• 135 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Moron alert@124 this is the best team since 97. Were you confined to your rubber room when Sir Bobby was in charge?

• 136 Goodfella // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM

*signing :)

• 137 aussiemag1987 // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM

First time that I have posted on this site but I have been a long time lurker, I for one am sick of all this negative talk but I do agree that we need to get some people through the door, I’m just confused as to why we act like such a poor club when we are infact quite well off. One of life’s mysteries.

• 138 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM

@127 richy

yep you are right but surely cover and things could have been arranged while away and things could have been tied up before now imo.

was even hoping for a pre-contract with all the ground work we did last season but that never materialised !

not the end of the world but just a concern i have that will surely go away once we make a signing or 2.

• 139 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Well cobber, that will be down to our owner tight as a submarine door.

• 140 martoon // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Welcome to the madness aussiemag1987. I think a lot of us feel the same we want to be positive about next season but the lack of transfer activity strengthening areas we know we are weak in is causing these negative feelings.

• 141 aussiemag1987 // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM

@Viv haha yea I know that, but for once can’t he just invest some money its so frustrating. Wouldn’t he want something he owns to be successful considering his a billionaire?

• 142 Ian Toon // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Croftus – With the right offensive signings it certainly has the potential to be. We have a number of young talented players who should get better with experience. The la of averages suggests we will have less injuries which will help also.

As I have said there is no reason why we should not finish 8th and with some astute signings this is certainly achievable. This presupposes Ashley finds his wallet.

• 143 keel // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I cant see more than one player coming in

Ashley will settle for 17th place and will not put more than 10mil in as long as no one goes

• 144 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM

@131 jeff

hehe nope i wasnt and we did have a great team then but the manager got the best out of those players !

pards doesnt get the best out of these players and i class these players now as better (obv there a few that will come up as “you moron you forgetting blablabla” but thats just nitpicking and trying to twist things)

bobby had a lot more respect about him and was a manager who deserved a top 4 team (pards is only a mid table manager imo but one that if we finish consistantly top half we can attract a better one)

• 145 Ian Toon // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM

la=law

• 146 xx sum ting wong xx // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Martoon @126

Bullying?? Any more details?

• 147 kt97toonarmy // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Afternoon lads

Nowt to really comment on today like. The news of nufc is really quiet hopefully that will change

• 148 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Aussie, the guy supports Chelsea and just uses NUFC, as a tax break.

• 149 Andymax // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM

L’Equipe: Talks between Lyon and Newcastle regarding Bafetimbi Gomis are proving difficult due to a difference in the striker’s valuation.

• 150 Toon_Tom // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM

jeff @122 – explain please?

• 151 aussiemag1987 // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Thanks for the welcome martoon, yea I get why people are negative and trust me somethings that the board do make me want to travel over there and crack some heads but were once known as the most positive fans no matter what happened lets get back to that mindset

• 152 aussiemag1987 // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Viv I thought he supported spurs? Can he just sell us to someone that wants us to be successful lol

• 153 Toon_Tom // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Hang on – Aussiemag1987, first time poster, having a coversation with Jeff straight away, shortly after stw departs – interesting!

• 154 martoon // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM

xx sum ting wong xx @142 – I can’t remember the exact details – maybe somebody in blog land can enlighten us. Incidentally I for one never thought you were Jeff so belatedly welcome to the blog ;)

• 155 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Aussie, when he has sucked the life out of the club and all the TV money has dried up. You won’t see him for dust.

• 156 Toon_Tom // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:00 PM

martoon – http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/2959232.stm

• 157 pawl250 // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:01 PM

According to Sky Sports.

Hoping Remy is signed up, Gomis meh….. Bent meh…..

Would be happy with Remy, De Jong in all honesty, I aint greedy!

• 158 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Tom toon he probably realised early doors that your a borderline moron.

• 159 Toon_Tom // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Pawl – because we would have offered them peanuts!

• 160 Toon_Tom // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM

viv – ^your = you’re

• 161 DokToon // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:03 PM

id think getting remy and dempsey would constitute a decent window… :)

• 162 keel // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I’M not too fussed about getting gomis seems similar type of player to cisse

Wouldn’t mind remy just for the fact he’ll bring something to the team even though he turned us down earlier

• 163 pawl250 // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Tom

Yea I heard we offered approx 4m, they were looking for 6-8m according to reports.

Who knows, but 4m would be a bargain for him.

Still not even sure we are in for him though, seems even under JFK we seem tight and not willing to pay the value of a player.

No doubt we will be looking at contracts as per usual not that we have done badly from that in the past!!

• 164 martoon // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Thanks Toon_Tom as I remember even though he was found not guilty shortly afterwards he was moved out the accademy – mud sticks and all that.

• 165 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Cheers tom you proof reader.

• 166 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:06 PM

@tom toon

dont take viv to heart buddy he loves coming out with his “moron” insults with anyone who has a different opinion to himself….i suspect a jeff troll tbh although no idea why a toon fan would do that to another tbh.

• 167 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:06 PM

If Pardew is insisting on playing 2 STs, I’d have to assume he means in a 4-4-2. We’re going to have a few disgruntled midfielders if that’s the case, likely Marv and Anita will be treat as second-class members of the squad again, despite one putting together a string of man of the match performances, before a Pardew’s favourite returned and walked straight back in at his expense, and the other been our leading assister, despite having a fraction of the pitch time compared with others. Assuming HBA and Cabaye are certs, the only way he’d fit Sissoko and Tiote in, would be if Sissoko started on the right and HBA on the left – not out of the realms of possibility where Pardew is concerned. Another drawback of a flat 4-4-2 is you simply won’t get the best out of HBA in that formation, no matter where he is in it.

What do you all think our line-up would be in a 4-4-2, allowing for 1 signing in the ST department? I’m hoping that his mention of 2 STs doesn’t automatically mean the bog standard 4-4-2 and perhaps something like this will emerge, being realistic given Pardew’s preference for certain players:

_______________Krul______________
    Debuchy___Mbiwa___Colo___Santoon
    _______________Tiote
    __________Sissoko___Cabaye
    _______________HBA
    ____________Cisse___Remy/Gomis

A lot of onus on the FBs to provide width and Santon might need some breathing apparatus; even if one of Cabaye or Sissoko dropped alongside Tiote, I still think it’s too gung-ho for Pardew, given his predisposition of ‘keeping things tight’ and rigidity.

• 168 DokToon // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM

wasnt viv the hooker in the movie pretty woman? we should be honored to have her faulty opinions here…

• 169 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Troll never seen that word for five minutes.

• 170 Toon_Tom // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Lauren Robert – I still think Jonas will start against Citeh unfortunately. Tiote will start ahead of Anita and Saylor will probably start over MBiwa!

• 171 Toon_Tom // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Viv is Jeff is STW is Plana is Bills Son ;-)

• 172 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM

@163 bblr

that could be an option
    personaly i think our defence is and always has been too weak to release our fb’s forward but if tiote can get back to himself we could well implement it.

• 173 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Doktoon i thought we agreed your patter stunk worse than your breath.

• 174 pawl250 // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:11 PM

BBLR

Feel our best team right now is

———————– Krul ————————
    ——————————————————
    Debuchy — Mbiwa — Coloccini — Santon
    ——————————————————
    ——— Cabaye — Tiote — Sissoko ———
    ——————————————————
    Ben Arfa ———- Cisse ———- Gouffran

Elliot, STaylor, Haidara, Anita, Jonas, Marveaux, Shola

• 175 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Tom toon you hero.

• 176 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM

hands up here who actually owns 1 account so we know who we are talking too :-)

• 177 Toon73 // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Never saw that coming :lol:

• 178 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Toon_Tom

If that happens, then Pardew really would be digging his own grave.

• 179 sirjasontoon // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM

He has no past either ~ shite

• 180 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM

@170 pawl

yep i would prob go for that myself

• 181 Indian Magpie // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM

At the end of last season

We were hoping for

Rafa, Rene Girard, Garcia

De Jong, Mertens, PEA etc.

Now we got JFK

Who has cancelled deals for Douglas and Vanquier and Sold perch and Loaned ferguson and it looks Shola will stay

• 182 Toon73 // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Top window so far

• 183 keel // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I agree with Toon_Tom @ 166 as pardew will persist and keep playing Jonas in front of marveux who should be starting

• 184 DokToon // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM

viv… jeff… whoever”s dress youre wearing today, go pick on someone your own intelligence level… i see a rock over there, go for it, ya joker…

• 185 Indian Magpie // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM

The silence on transfer front is Deafening

• 186 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:19 PM

sounds like one of those that will waste our time again.

• 187 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Pawl

Apart from Tiote, I agree. It’s even crossed my mind that Pardew’s 2 ST comment is a bit of an innuendo, in reality meaning we’re targeting Remy who is a recognised ST but can and does operate on the wings, so we’ll be pressing on with the same system as last year, or is Pardew clever enough to do that and what would he gain? Can hardly see Man City altering their set-up, just because Pardew says we’re going to play a certain way, only we worry about opposition so much.

• 188 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Hold on Doktoon, i’m on the toilet so i can’t deal with two shits at the same time!

• 189 DokToon // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM

viv… is it the only goal you have in life, to pretend to be a tough little keyboard warrior?… take off the dress and panties, and go outside and ride your big wheel, little boy, im done with you… ill not acknowledge anything you have to say, period, ya muppet…

• 190 toonking // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM

well well now that we have discovered jeff had two accounts what we could do now is keep talking bad things about him because if he saw them he will likely be using his other account.

BBLR
    I have a question for you was demba ba and cisse not both strikers the season we finished 5th because I certainly thought so.

the best team newcatle have right now is
    _______krul________
    debuchy_colo_mbiwa_santon/had
    ______cabaye__sissoko__
    __HBA____________marvo
    ______cisse____goufran

but the big problem I see with this right now is HBA and marvo going into the centre too much and the FB getting forward too much

we all want Jonas dropped we all complained that pardew put players out of position the position if you noticed was always played out wide wether it was cisse ba or sissoko so we must get a LW sorted a one with pace and crossing ability.

• 191 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Doktoon, that will be check mate to me you’ll find.

• 192 toonarmydownsouth // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Ian Toon
    I agree krul was unlucky with injuries last season and yeah the rag tag back 4 done him no favours!
    His kicking is one of those things I suppose!
    My main gripe with him last season is that he seemed to lose his presence in the area
    He miss judged set pieces, came out to punch the ball when there was no need, failed to really boss/organise the defence like he did last season

Obviously there was a big voice missing in colo but thought timmy would if been more commanding
    He just seem to flap about between the sticks last season so I think having someone on his heels will do him and the club the world of good!

• 193 brian kilclines pony tail // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

@daztoon – 128

the DOF role has been implemented across the continent to great effect. generally football mangers are x football players, football players who for the most part of their lives have not had to deal with monthly or yearly budgets, so a more fiscal minded person is required.

Unless you are at top clup (which we are not) then the role is a different one again.

our problem is that we as a club have used the role incorrectly, firstly we had the Dennis Wise scenario buying players on the strength of youtube video’s and making back door deals with south american agents. Now we have JFK who 15 years ago ran a club successfully on a shoe string, i cant think of one player that joe had playing for him in them days to reach a highly position in a coaching or managerial role. the most successful are vinne jones in hollywood and warren barton as a tv pundit in the US.

I think harford may be one of only very few contacts JFK has left in the game. this was his play to protect his buoyant lies about being able to pick up the phone to any manager in the league. we all know that after such a long time out of the game this lie is not possible, unless in the 6 months he was here all he did was go to LMA meetings which might explain why we were crap.

• 194 Toon_Tom // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM

viv – grow up

• 195 nut meg // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Finbad @ 125
    I’ve been going to mention that very same thing.It was GC that said it because he thought he was a late developer like his brother was. One or two people have been slagging the player off but he was never going to be part of the first team last season.

• 196 Indian Magpie // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Pardews team against City

Elliott

Taylor Colo Willo Mbiwa
    Jonas Sissoko Bigi Anita
    Cabaye
    Cisse

• 197 toonking // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM

toon_tom
    I dout billson is viv.
    when BS does post his are quite long and described well viv on the other hands only does mini 2 liners

one that I have wondered about
    toondownsouth is toonarmydownsouth is toondarnsarf

• 198 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Great thinker @193

• 199 Indian Magpie // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Toonking

They all have different philosophies

• 200 toonking // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:42 PM

if it is base on that well I bet you are catchy then indian.
    because you are exactly like him

• 201 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:44 PM

toonking

Aye, but they were both sharing the ST role, routinely taking it in turns, during the course of matches, between LW ans ST. Remy I think, looking at his career to date, is at ease with playing anywhere in a forward role and doesn’t need to feel like he’s the ‘kingpin’.

On Jonas, it’ll be bonkers if he’s still starting games regularly, although I have faith he won’t be, as I do about other gripes from last season, Pardew during pre-season interviews has said:

We were too concerned with the opposition

We have constricted the players and squeezed the individual expression by defensively drilling them too much

We weren’t up to standard with fitness

We need more of a goal threat

We need a little bit more down the left

He’s took on board many of the criticisms, now it’s just seeing whether or not he has the conviction and ability to address them, or whether it’s more idle talk, like last season.

• 202 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Sniveling individual @199

• 203 viv // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Soz indian @200

• 204 Wonga_Earl // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Hi guys, I have been reading this blog for a while now but have just decided to make an account.

Anyways, I think newcastle should play a 4-1-2-1-2 fomation.

Krul
    Debuchy – Mbiwa – Colo – Santon
    Tiote
    Cabaye – Sissoko
    Ben Arfa
    Cisse – Gouffran

And allow debuchy and santon to play as wing backs.

• 205 DokToon // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:49 PM

BBLR…

you can add to that list, when gaining a lead, tends to turtle up and forget about attacking…

• 206 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM

@197 tk

i dont know personally but i do know toonarmydownsouth is long time blogger with a genuin intrest in the toon and weather his points are positive or negative there always seems to be fact/realistic views coming from them.

my personal opinion is that they are a very geniun blogger and no troll.

• 207 Rooster // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM

So pardew says gouffran is now challenging strongly for the central. Striker role? Ive just about had it already with this CLOWN, they better had get a striker in, does he think we are all frigan idiots, now get the front man over the line and stop peein everyone off, cannot bare that man Pardew!

• 208 Bring Back Laurent Robert // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Dok

Think that comes under being too concerned about the oppo!

Anyway, enough belabour or is that blabber, for now, be back later when it’s livened up a bit and hopefully Viv/Jeff/Plana/Sum Ting isn’t trying to rope people into his battle of twits, because he’s undisputed chump and nobodies going to beat him.

• 209 expatmag // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

G’day all from Melbourne

How is everyone today?

• 210 croftus5678 // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM

@206 rooster

personally i’m thinking even pards is doubting they will sign anyone so he’s trying to bring confidence to the players in case they dont !

he’s talked to jk and it seems to have done no good as big mouth a.k.a. jk seems to talk big but has nothing to back it up as of yet.

• 211 toonking // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM

doktoon
    the sooner we have a midfielder who will provide the crosses that a forward needs the better chance we have of going on the attack more.

• 212 DokToon // Jul 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM

my apologies BBLR… it still should be its own heading, as too many times we tried to sit on a lead, and conceded goals, and therefore points…

• 213 toonking // Jul 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I wouldn’t say they trolls myself.
    TADS and toondarnsarf are both different but toondownsouthi wonder if he has changed his name to toondarnsarf TDS TDS

• 214 DokToon // Jul 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM

still wonder why no one has gone in on dempsey though, be just what we need as well as remy

• 215 oldbobaycliffe // Jul 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM

the lad who played for watford last season is being lined up by wba he was championship player of the year(sorry don,t know his name) i would rather have him and ince instead of these french players we are supposed to be after.there are more good players out there give the french a miss

• 216 Goodfella // Jul 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Premier league years 2011/12 on skysports 4

Puts a smile on your face when you can see how good this team can be :)

• 217 toon252 // Jul 26, 2013 at 2:09 PM

PLEASE READ:

Without sounding like a cock – I told you all about a month ago Jeff was a mackem troll, stop feeding him -This supposed 13 year old Indian boy was using English phrases “such as get over it you muppet” – Can’t see a 13 year old boy from India having that type of vocabulary and constantly saying we should sign Mcclean!!

Not hard to figure out, he comes from a long line – Jeff, Bob, Jim, John, Billy – all these one named trolls who come on and wind every one up

Just ignore them, they’re idiots!

• 218 toonking // Jul 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM

oldbob
    that is quite a good point like it is quite strange why we don’t try looking in the lower divisions for the kids of the future.
    chamberlain

• 219 expatmag // Jul 26, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Dok

Dempsey is too old even though he cou;ld do a job

Remy will be to much of a risk for Ashley

Gomis has gone awol and Lyon want way over his market value which we wont [ay.

It looks like Bent will probably be the only major signing and that will more than likely be closer to the end of august.

That is my assessment of the situation

• 220 geordiesteve520 // Jul 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM

On the topic of Peter Beardsley, I am pretty sure he was ‘reassigned’ after racially/prejudicially insulting some Irish youngsters at the club, not sure if it was IRA related but remember it being a bit of a big deal but very swiftly swept under the carpets.

• 221 arctoa // Jul 27, 2013 at 3:14 AM