Lyon Reject Magpies’ €8M Offer – Negotiations Ongoing – Agreement Close

News coming out of France today that Lyon yesterday turned down a Newcastle offer of around €8M  for Bafetimbi Gomis, which was lodged on Friday night, and Newcastle will have to offer even more, if they are to get their top striker target this summer.

bafetimbi gomis blue

Bafetimbi Gomis €8M offer turned down

€8M is around £6.9M, which is the amount widely reported in the English press yesterday that Newcastle had offered Lyon on Friday night – and it was an improved offer made by the Tyneside club.

We saw the news posted on the web-site le10sport earlier today, and it makes reference to L’Equipe breaking the news – this is the le10sport report:

“Lyon are looking to sell Bafetimbi Gomis in the transfer market, and  yesterday they have refused an offer of up to €8M from Newcastle.”

“Lyon are willing to sell their striker in the transfer window, the Rhone leaders are yet to drive the deal. According to L’Equipe , an offer up to €8M was rejected by the leaders of the OL (Olympique Lyonnais)) on Saturday.”

“Jean-Michel Aulas, the OL President currently continues with the negotiations with Newcastle.”

“le10Sport revealed exclusively in early July that Bafetimbi Gomis was attracted by the challenge at Newcastle United, and he has made that club his priority in the transfer market.”

“The two parties are still in discussions, but cannot be too far  from an agreement.”

So it looks like even though Lyon turned the improved offer down, Newcastle seem still to be in there negotiating, and maybe some agreement can be reached, and very soon too.

We are helping Ingo Hagemann – an International MSc student in Sports Marketing at Northumbria University in doing a survey on the controversial sponsorship between Wonga and Newcastle, as part of his Masters dissertation.

Ingo needs still more completed surveys completed, after meeting with his supervisor, so please help if you can by taking the survey here – many thanks.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

=============================================

• Big Pappa Cissé

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Got a feeling next week we will bring in our first signing. Head says Gomis but my heart says Remy . Or option 3 and get them both 😉 .

Would love to see this guy at NUFC:

Would never happen though. I wish we would scout the German league a lot more, France has been drained. The Germans & the Spanish divisions have loads of quality youngsters.

• Jail for Ashley

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:55 PM

FFS,
    Just get it done, they’re not buying a carpet.

• numba9

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Someone will come in and get this lad as we dilly dally as usual because we ain’t serious about signing anybody the amount of strikers that leave this club never to be replaced is staggering

• Joe Blog

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Beginning of last season, according to Ruddy, the sun shone out of APs backside thanks to our 5th place and we were going to challenge for European spots once more, anyone who suggested otherwise was hounded and ridiculed, by him and his minions. This was apparently ‘based on evidence’.

Now, because we struggled last season, we’re complete rubbish, the more moderate fans are ‘in for a rude awakening’, blah blah blah. This is now apparently ‘based on evidence’ and review of his previous ‘evidence based’ views, he so routinely used to attack people with.

You have no credibility, the way you have swung between extremes shows your immaturity, you’re a plank and don’t even realise it. So please, spare the blog your overbearing, dull treatise.

Since you’ve been on this blog, it’s become a contest to see who can write the most painfully litigious essays and is no doubt why many people avoid the blog now. It used to be a casual place of witticisms and friendly exchange, now it’s as much fun as a H&S course, with a know-it-all incessantly butting in, telling everyone “this is the correct way to do it”, even after he’s been failed by the instructor.

• Joe Blog

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:00 PM

No more long posts from me and won’t get into belabouring unknowns with people. Keeping it light from now on.

• potski

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Repost

jazzyp

Is there a moderator? Several people today have resorted to personal abuse, will they be banned? It doesn’t seem to be the case.

How is it possible to say:

“shut up you little fart head”

“pig eyed mick with learning difficulties”

The forums I usually belong to would have had both posters immediately banned.

TDS and Ruddy had a sharp debate, but neither resorted to personal abuse. That’s how it should be done.

• JaxtheMag

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:05 PM

if they want more money,the deal will be off.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Joe

Me and my minions haha I think someone is just jealous that you have no minions 😉

I changed my mind mid season, sue me.

Some people have a problem with me, others don’t. Either way it has little impact on the day-to-day running of my life.

By all means, copy my name again and try to undermine me, you simply got outed as an idiot and that you were vastly more intelligent than I was, which only served to highlight your own insecurities.

It would seem the pot calling the kettle black is in effect once more, so before flagging up what you see are deficiencies in the character of someone you do not know, perhaps you could shine that spotlight closer to home.

Still some growing up to do, but you’ll get there 😉

• Belfast

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Every transfer we’re involved in, always turns into a long drawn out saga.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Freudian slip? 😛 *Thought you were vastly more intelligent than I was

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Well sticking with the fickle swings and roundabouts opinions….based on purely today’s txt commentary get ince signed up!!!!!

Sounds like the lad bossed it today!

Any highlights anywhere??

• cbtoon82

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:08 PM

We will sign gomis, and remy on loan. Pity, as I think we need a few wingers who can actually cross a ball.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Ohh minions you say? Ruddy are you the bloke from dispicable me??

• Slatymag

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Just noticed the health update, good stuff Ed!

Remy for me ahead of Gomis if it were a straight choice. No surprise there though – I think most people believe he offers more. Both?

• potski

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Ah Ruddy you spoiled it, saying he was “outed as an idiot”. You could have left that sentence out and still made your point.

• OhSholaAmeobi

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Wish we’d do our deals quickly and quietly like in January, instead of being plastered all over SSN

• Toon-Prodigy

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Deary me, i’v just seen that Rangers tattoo on his face, whats he playing at?

Im surprised he didn’t get Pardew wrote across it the slaps he must of had.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Potski

So near and yet so far. To contextualise my frustrations with this individual it must be said that this guy copied my username in an attempt to make me look stupid.

To call someone that does that an idiot is putting it mildly.

Tads

I’ve kept my identity a secret for so long….quiet, or I’ll get the shrink ray on you haha

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Toon prodigy
    In all fairness rangers tattoo only looks stupid because its not finished yet
    He’s having “is a” on his forehead then “****” on the other side

• Joe Blog

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Another drearily predictable response. I couldn’t care less if it has any influence on your day to day life, I made no reference to it, again, just another indication of your own dizzying self-importance.

Anyway, cheerio. Out of here for the night.

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Slatymag
    I’m assuming Ed’s had some good news? You don’t get the health updates on the mobile version!
    Well good to hear Ed! Keep up the good work mate we’d be lost with out you!!!!

• toon22

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:16 PM

The fact is opinions on this blog arnt going to change anything about Newcastle.
    Its nice to read and follow the hearsay and rumours but the level some people goto to try and stamp there opinion on whats nothing more than a group of Newcastle fans with no say whatsoever in what happens is unreal.

• yo-yo

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Ruddy

Are you saying that TDS was the fake Ruddy ?

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:17 PM

So lads going away from rangers tat and the in fighting, back to my original question!

Did ince play aswell as it sounded/read???
    Reckon this lad could be worth the gamble??

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Joe Blog

It isn’t my purpose, intention, or inclination to entertain you, and to derive that I am dizzyingly self important because your opinion of me does not impact upon my life smacks of someone who has arrived at a conclusion, bypassed logic all with the intention of landing an insult.

You really should keep it light from now on, it would be more within your capabilities.

• potski

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Ok, you are forgiven:)

Copying someone’s user name, and also deliberately over and over mis-spelling a name (“Skunki” instead of “Tsunki”) should also be banned.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Yo yo

No no, not TDS, rather Joe Blog.

• Belfast

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM

The way Tony Fernandes is talking, Qpr want to keep Remy. Maybe a loan with no option to buy.

Then again he might not even be talking about Remy lol

• Finnbad The Sailor

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Really hoping this one comes off. As said before really liked Gomis when I saw him in CL and Ligue 1.

However I’m hoping that the pace picks up a little this week.

and jfa on previous thread regarding tds;

I’m not trawling through old threads for evidence but what I have seen today is tds giving his opinion on things to then be told to shut up because it doesn’t conform with the negative stance some on this blog would have us all take.

Yes there are some good things about this club while at the same time some I’ve witnessed some tremendous clusterfcuks along the. We’ve got a couple of really good players at the club, we also have ones not up to standard. There are gaps to fill but we still have time to bring the players pardew named in the press as targets.

this is pretty close to the squad which gained 5th place with a few additions and changes. As well as a couple removed.

We’ve one less competition to deal with which should I hope along with the addition of the new fitness lady should stand us in better stead. This is my hope anyway.

I’m expecting this striker addition we’ve been promised and a very significant improvement on last seasons woeful display not only with tactics but also individual and team performances.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Potski

The “Skunki” thing started as an inside joke between Belfast and Tsunki, so the use of it as an insult is ridiculous, as I am sure Tsunki doesn’t take it as such.

• Toon-Prodigy

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Tads,

Hahaha. It would be very fitting that aye.

What an absolute nakka though. He thinks he’s a famous footballer dosn’t he?

Lol, he dosn’t even have a club!

The money he got off us won’t last him and his entourage very long.

There is only one place that lad is going like.

Im off to work, am hard done to like.

Laters lads.

• Toon1978

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:21 PM

If i owned the club lads and i was a Oil tycoon worth billions this is the team i would give you’s lol 😉

________________Neuer________________

Lahm_____Kompany_____Collo_____Alba

Ronaldo___Y Toure_____Iniesta____Sanchez

____________Messi____V.Persie_________

Unfortunately, i don’t have two pennies to rub together hahahaha.

• Belfast

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I agree Potski.
    Who ever it was who started that Skunki thing should be banned straight away.

• Belfast

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Ruddy the tout

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Belfast
    Tony Fernandes talks more sh1t than JFK!
    Don’t think QPR are in a position to dictate terms to much, everyone knows the wages they were offering last season so everyone knows how desperate they are to get the wage bill down

Reckon there will be quiet an exodus from there in the coming weeks, can’t see lads like granero wanting to play in the fizzy pop! Barca away to Darlington away!

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Finnbad

Context is key when dealing with someone you have spoken too time and time again. Not trying to get him to conform, trying to get him to drop his obsession with balance sheets, there is a difference.

• Ruddy Marveaux-lous

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Belfast

I happen to like my kneecaps, can we come to some sort of arrangement? haha

• Slatymag

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM

@TADS

Aye, first time I’ve been on here with the “big computer” in a while. Ed posted a health update on the 25th. I don’t know how he puts up with NUFC with everything else on his plate!

Hats off to ED!

• toonarmydownsouth

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Prodigy
    Pretty sure he’s going to jail for rape isn’t he? Got his court date the other week

• Belfast

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:26 PM

In my defence it was never actually meant to be an insult and Skunki knows that.

1 2 3 5