Bent’s Agents Not Impressed With Joe Kinnear – Deal Off

We hate to bring this up, but to be a good Director of Football you need to be a good negotiator, very professional and also a good diplomatic and Joe Kinnear, let’s face it, has none of these qualities.

Fact.

joe kinnear

Joe Kinnear – embarrassing meeting with Bent’s agents

And there is news in the Telegraph today – bad news for the club – that Bent is almost certain to sign for Fulham, who play the transfer game an awful lot better than Newcastle have this summer.

Apparently Newcastle’s Director of Football Joe Kinnear would only offer Aston Villa £2M for the England international in his meeting yesterday, which would not be accepted by Aston Villa, and Newcastle got nowhere near Bent’s wage demands either.

Fulham are said to have already offered £4M for Bent, and will offer a lot more than Newcastle in wages, so basically it was an embarrassing meeting for Newcastle and Joe Kinnear and we are assuming his agents gave spilled the beans to the Telegraph.

And if this is what Newcastle were offering, why even have the meeting at all, just tell them over the phone what are basic offer would be – and not waste their time if it was nowhere near the requirements?

This disappointment and more bad news for Newcastle in the press, is even further reason to think that Joe Kinnear just doesn’t have the qualities to do the job as Director of Football at Newcastle – and it could well be he is simply in over his head.

Since he was appointed to his new position in mid-June, Joe has already proved that a few times, and maybe Mike Ashley will begin to realize he appointed somebody to this position who is just not cut out for it – even though Joe can get any manager in the world on the phone if he wants to.

Joe seems to be having some difficulties in getting his arms around his new job, and still has to have his first success in bringing a player in.

Cross Darren Bent off the list – he’s not coming to Newcastle.

The good news is that the two strikers we are still after – Loic Remy and Bafetimbi Gomis – are good strikers and seem much better suited to Newcastle – if we can get them in.

Note: Reader Mark Harding has kindly set up a Fantasy Football League for the coming season for readers of this blog.
The code is 3178-173427, and you can sign up for it HERE.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• Ben3arfa

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Certainly isnt the first person to ever been unimpressed by JOKE Kinnear

• JAMSHA

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:21 AM

The Arizona Geordie Pizzicat

haha yea d day

• Markaccus

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I have a clear and strong oppinion on this, but i dare not post it as someone might complain

• JAMSHA

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM

by the its good news the deal is off…

• JAMSHA

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Markaccus

post it

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM

My thoughts on this are *!*””£ *”&£” “” £££” (*&” (“!.

• Markaccus

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Jamsha. We can’t just post our thoughts the way we want anymore. If 2 people decide to be offended you end up under close supervision and your comments are moderated. Just ask jfa.

• onepeterb

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Not keen on Bent but surely a £2n offer was always going to be a waste of everyone’s tome

• Rainrix

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Well good news the bent deal is off. Bad news so are most of transfers this window by the sounds of it.

• Markaccus

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Lilongwe.

I agree or disagree depending on what ever it was you said. I will add £{?}×<?¥]¥{£%¥¥.

• JAMSHA

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Markaccus

hahaha

Rainrix

gomis deal is done

• JackButler

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Wouldn’t be upset about not signing Bent…………..But Kinnear being sent to negotiate us really funny…………..Well it would be if he weren’t working for us

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM

LR32,
    Be careful with that kind of talk, people get offended!

I doubt Pardew has improved, and i can’t say I am particularly optimistic at the minute, but I am still excited for the new season! Cricket just doesn’t match up to football for a sporting fix!

• Ben3arfa

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I think Kinnear put in a ridiculous offer for Bent to ensure we dont sign him, since he is Pardew’s choice and his and Carr’s .

Dirty crook lol

• JackButler

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Anyone else think that the talk of a deal for Bent over the past few days is simply a ploy to get Lyon to agree to take our last offer for Gomis?

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I think the offer was about right. I don’t want us to sign a 29 year old striker for big money when he hasn’t done anything for a few years. Offer him a low basic wage with big incentives. If he can get back to being a 20 goal a season man, then he should be able to earn his £65kpw, if he wants to just collect his pension, let him go to Fulham.

• clinta2

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Wow, no surprise there then… Like many others, I can’t see us doing any decent deals this window and with JK in it’s certainly not an improvement on the previous system.

Plenty have complained rightly about his appointment but I also think the timing of it was bizarre and seemed to be unplanned. He was brought in right before the window, surely you’d be better off brining someone in much earlier so they can plan and be prepared for the up coming window.

The sooner this guy embarrasses himself again the better, then hopefully he’ll be sacked. Sadly though, there’s no guarantee in that but if we perform even worse this window than previous ones surely MA has to have a look at what (who?) might’ve gone wrong.

• martoon

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Morning Markaccus – I wondered why Jail was using his alter ego. Like others I’m not as anti-Ashley as Jail but still enjoy reading his ‘too good for Ashley’ posts. Maybe we should Email Ed and ask him to unmoderate Jail.

• WWYCD

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM

If only someone had said this when his name first came up oh wait most of the bloody fans did FFS we can’t even get the worst of our option in

It’s going to be a long sodding season again

• Offkey

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Raj/jfa

The blogs a funny place where many very sensitive people seem to be. Its a joke if I am honest, for example, BPC said he F’ing hates MA’s guts. Some new poster said tat was the worst post he ever read!!!! Then Bills-son came on, spoke to the guy taking the piss out of David Blunkett for being blind but he communicated with him like thats normal…………..I really dont understand the people on here……..

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Markaccus,
    I find that last bit “£%¥¥” particularly offensive! I may have to report you! 🙂

JB,
    At least he was meeting with English people this time! Imagine sending him to negotiate in France!! He will be talking like he is in “Ello Ello”.

• joeinthecheapseats

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM

JFK is an embarrassment full stop no ifs or buts.
    Taxi to London

• Markaccus

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Martoon

Morning mate.

Yeah i was thinking about e mailing ed but he might not take kindly to an uprising 😀

• Markaccus

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Lilongwe

Well you can just £<¡\?¥[~£?\??¥?¥~ on my steaming ?;-):-(???????

• lesh

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Lilongwe Geordie

Your comments @ 6 are understandable but unacceptable on this site. I’m surprised they were allowed through moderation!

The blog’s overseers of propriety, the Blog Police, will be knocking on your door very soon!!

• lordjoesnow

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I feel like this bid for Bent was more to scare Lyon into thinking we were uninterested in Gomis at the price they wanted. They only have a month now to sell him. It’s just a shame that now our bid has been ousted by agents and Lyon can see our hand.. This is terrible news

• Luque

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM

WHY DO PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT BENT?

• valle

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Ben3Arfa… My exact thoughts… He is AP man so JFK said “OK, you can ahve him, but only if we ca get him for peanuts” Well we couldnt, and im not bothered, he was a bad target anyway, im more disturbed by the fact that AP wanted him to begin with.

• ToonDarnSarf

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Raj/JfA

Saw your comments on the other page. I think you’re completely off your rocker with some of your comments about MA to be honest and I don’t think that negativity helps the club whatsoever. I’d love to know what you genuinely expect MA to so and I will probably tell you why I actually think it’s unrealistic…

But…for the record, I’ve never complained about your comments on the blog. Yes, I’d like to have the ability to block people, like “viv” yesterday who just trolled the SBR article by slagging him and his achievements off, but I didn’t think about including you on that list.

Good luck.

• danishmag

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM

He is not worth much more than 2 mil is he? What i do not understand.. Why even bother then?

We should get Remy and Gomis, and then we are sorted to go for top 5 Again.

• jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM

What’s with the ass-kissing this
    morning Bills lol

So J4A has been banned! Most
    have missed something (maybe
    I have to tone down my dislike
    of Joke “the Fisher King” keeper
    of the Holy Grail)

…honestly what have you said
    to get banned?

• Laurent Robert 32

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Lilongwe, hehe.

I’m offended by Pardew and the club. Who can moderate the jokers there for us? 🙂

I’m going up to the Rangers game on Tuesday with my friend from Glasgow, but I’m still flat inside, thinking not of what performance I’ll see on the night, but the long term dross which awaits.

They now play a lot of youths my friend said, so I’m sure we should play better than usual, but once the season starts I’m expecting it to revert to last seasons norm of defending 1-0 leads, significant lack of movement, rare overlapping and the rest.

• JaxtheMag

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Ashley is calling the shots not joke or pardew, he is getting rid of players and wont buy any1,hope he is selling club and make us all happy.

• Harley

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Happy we’re not paying him 70-80k per week. Glad the deal is off.

• lesh

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Markaccus, see my post @ 25, nobody’s exempted so mind your language and a post with some decorum otherwise….

Lilongwe. Allo Allo French from Kinnear? Shit urp!

• Santon03

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Sorry I forgot to reply joeinthecheapseats and Lilo.

Joe
    but do you honestly want Bent as backup with 50k/week? or give Campbell or Vuckic more chances? If we sign Bent or 2 more strikers, we would probably never see those 2 youngsters next season. I hope we sign 1 striker but not Bent on 50k/week.

Lilo
    Amalfitano will be our goal scorer according bet365 then maybe that will explain why we haven’t signed anyone yet LOL

• Toon73

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM

We offered £2m for Bent???

What were we thinking???

• Toon73

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM

or he signs for us on the final day because no one else wants his ass???

• Markaccus

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Tds

I agree the negativity is too much on here at times. It annoys me but like you i do not find it offensive.

There are people who imediately call others stupid and blind as soon as you disagree with them. They are still posting freely

There are people who troll others all the time. They are still posting freely.

There are people who have wished fatal cardiac problems on jfk. They are are still posting freely.

This stuff apparently is a problem on xbox gaming forums where a few people can gang up and get you banned even if you have not done anything.

• IITianToon

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM

JAMSHA // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Markaccus

hahaha

Rainrix

gomis deal is done
    —————————

Whats your latest source??

Cant believe there aren’t other less-known forwards strikers in the market for 12-13m euros..