The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Bent’s Agents Not Impressed With Joe Kinnear – Deal Off

8:19 am, Thursday, August 1st, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 92 Comments

We hate to bring this up, but to be a good Director of Football you need to be a good negotiator, very professional and also a good diplomatic and Joe Kinnear, let’s face it, has none of these qualities.

Fact.

joe kinnear

Joe Kinnear - embarrassing meeting with Bent’s agents

And there is news in the Telegraph today – bad news for the club – that Bent is almost certain to sign for Fulham, who play the transfer game an awful lot better than Newcastle have this summer.

Apparently Newcastle’s Director of Football Joe Kinnear would only offer Aston Villa £2M for the England international in his meeting yesterday, which would not be accepted by Aston Villa, and Newcastle got nowhere near Bent’s wage demands either.

Fulham are said to have already offered £4M for Bent, and will offer a lot more than Newcastle in wages, so basically it was an embarrassing meeting for Newcastle and Joe Kinnear and we are assuming his agents gave spilled the beans to the Telegraph.

And if this is what Newcastle were offering, why even have the meeting at all, just tell them over the phone what are basic offer would be – and not waste their time if it was nowhere near the requirements?

This disappointment and more bad news for Newcastle in the press, is even further reason to think that Joe Kinnear just doesn’t have the qualities to do the job as Director of Football at Newcastle – and it could well be he is simply in over his head.

Since he was appointed to his new position in mid-June, Joe has already proved that a few times, and maybe Mike Ashley will begin to realize he appointed somebody to this position who is just not cut out for it – even though Joe can get any manager in the world on the phone if he wants to.

Joe seems to be having some difficulties in getting his arms around his new job, and still has to have his first success in bringing a player in.

Cross Darren Bent off the list – he’s not coming to Newcastle.

The good news is that the two strikers we are still after – Loic Remy and Bafetimbi Gomis – are good strikers and seem much better suited to Newcastle – if we can get them in.

Note: Reader Mark Harding has kindly set up a Fantasy Football League for the coming season for readers of this blog.
The code is 3178-173427, and you can sign up for it HERE.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

92 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ben3arfa // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Certainly isnt the first person to ever been unimpressed by JOKE Kinnear

• 2 JAMSHA // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:21 AM

The Arizona Geordie Pizzicat

haha yea d day

• 3 Markaccus // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I have a clear and strong oppinion on this, but i dare not post it as someone might complain

• 4 JAMSHA // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM

by the its good news the deal is off…

• 5 JAMSHA // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Markaccus

post it

• 6 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM

My thoughts on this are *!*””£ *”&£” “” £££” (*&” (“!.

• 7 Markaccus // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Jamsha. We can’t just post our thoughts the way we want anymore. If 2 people decide to be offended you end up under close supervision and your comments are moderated. Just ask jfa.

• 8 onepeterb // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Not keen on Bent but surely a £2n offer was always going to be a waste of everyone’s tome

• 9 Rainrix // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Well good news the bent deal is off. Bad news so are most of transfers this window by the sounds of it.

• 10 Markaccus // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Lilongwe.

I agree or disagree depending on what ever it was you said. I will add £{?}×<?¥]¥{£%¥¥.

• 11 JAMSHA // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Markaccus

hahaha

Rainrix

gomis deal is done

• 12 JackButler // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Wouldn’t be upset about not signing Bent…………..But Kinnear being sent to negotiate us really funny…………..Well it would be if he weren’t working for us

• 13 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM

LR32,
    Be careful with that kind of talk, people get offended!

I doubt Pardew has improved, and i can’t say I am particularly optimistic at the minute, but I am still excited for the new season! Cricket just doesn’t match up to football for a sporting fix!

• 14 Ben3arfa // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I think Kinnear put in a ridiculous offer for Bent to ensure we dont sign him, since he is Pardew’s choice and his and Carr’s .

Dirty crook lol

• 15 JackButler // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Anyone else think that the talk of a deal for Bent over the past few days is simply a ploy to get Lyon to agree to take our last offer for Gomis?

• 16 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I think the offer was about right. I don’t want us to sign a 29 year old striker for big money when he hasn’t done anything for a few years. Offer him a low basic wage with big incentives. If he can get back to being a 20 goal a season man, then he should be able to earn his £65kpw, if he wants to just collect his pension, let him go to Fulham.

• 17 clinta2 // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Wow, no surprise there then… Like many others, I can’t see us doing any decent deals this window and with JK in it’s certainly not an improvement on the previous system.

Plenty have complained rightly about his appointment but I also think the timing of it was bizarre and seemed to be unplanned. He was brought in right before the window, surely you’d be better off brining someone in much earlier so they can plan and be prepared for the up coming window.

The sooner this guy embarrasses himself again the better, then hopefully he’ll be sacked. Sadly though, there’s no guarantee in that but if we perform even worse this window than previous ones surely MA has to have a look at what (who?) might’ve gone wrong.

• 18 martoon // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Morning Markaccus – I wondered why Jail was using his alter ego. Like others I’m not as anti-Ashley as Jail but still enjoy reading his ‘too good for Ashley’ posts. Maybe we should Email Ed and ask him to unmoderate Jail.

• 19 WWYCD // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM

If only someone had said this when his name first came up oh wait most of the bloody fans did FFS we can’t even get the worst of our option in

It’s going to be a long sodding season again

• 20 Offkey // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Raj/jfa

The blogs a funny place where many very sensitive people seem to be. Its a joke if I am honest, for example, BPC said he F’ing hates MA’s guts. Some new poster said tat was the worst post he ever read!!!! Then Bills-son came on, spoke to the guy taking the piss out of David Blunkett for being blind but he communicated with him like thats normal…………..I really dont understand the people on here……..

• 21 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Markaccus,
    I find that last bit “£%¥¥” particularly offensive! I may have to report you! :-)

JB,
    At least he was meeting with English people this time! Imagine sending him to negotiate in France!! He will be talking like he is in “Ello Ello”.

• 22 joeinthecheapseats // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM

JFK is an embarrassment full stop no ifs or buts.
    Taxi to London

• 23 Markaccus // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Martoon

Morning mate.

Yeah i was thinking about e mailing ed but he might not take kindly to an uprising :D

• 24 Markaccus // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Lilongwe

Well you can just £<¡\?¥[~£?\??¥?¥~ on my steaming ?;-):-(???????

• 25 lesh // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Lilongwe Geordie

Your comments @ 6 are understandable but unacceptable on this site. I’m surprised they were allowed through moderation!

The blog’s overseers of propriety, the Blog Police, will be knocking on your door very soon!!

• 26 lordjoesnow // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I feel like this bid for Bent was more to scare Lyon into thinking we were uninterested in Gomis at the price they wanted. They only have a month now to sell him. It’s just a shame that now our bid has been ousted by agents and Lyon can see our hand.. This is terrible news

• 27 Luque // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM

WHY DO PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT BENT?

• 28 valle // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Ben3Arfa… My exact thoughts… He is AP man so JFK said “OK, you can ahve him, but only if we ca get him for peanuts” Well we couldnt, and im not bothered, he was a bad target anyway, im more disturbed by the fact that AP wanted him to begin with.

• 29 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Raj/JfA

Saw your comments on the other page. I think you’re completely off your rocker with some of your comments about MA to be honest and I don’t think that negativity helps the club whatsoever. I’d love to know what you genuinely expect MA to so and I will probably tell you why I actually think it’s unrealistic…

But…for the record, I’ve never complained about your comments on the blog. Yes, I’d like to have the ability to block people, like “viv” yesterday who just trolled the SBR article by slagging him and his achievements off, but I didn’t think about including you on that list.

Good luck.

• 30 danishmag // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM

He is not worth much more than 2 mil is he? What i do not understand.. Why even bother then?

We should get Remy and Gomis, and then we are sorted to go for top 5 Again.

• 31 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM

What’s with the ass-kissing this
    morning Bills lol

So J4A has been banned! Most
    have missed something (maybe
    I have to tone down my dislike
    of Joke “the Fisher King” keeper
    of the Holy Grail)

…honestly what have you said
    to get banned?

• 32 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Lilongwe, hehe.

I’m offended by Pardew and the club. Who can moderate the jokers there for us? :-)

I’m going up to the Rangers game on Tuesday with my friend from Glasgow, but I’m still flat inside, thinking not of what performance I’ll see on the night, but the long term dross which awaits.

They now play a lot of youths my friend said, so I’m sure we should play better than usual, but once the season starts I’m expecting it to revert to last seasons norm of defending 1-0 leads, significant lack of movement, rare overlapping and the rest.

• 33 JaxtheMag // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Ashley is calling the shots not joke or pardew, he is getting rid of players and wont buy any1,hope he is selling club and make us all happy.

• 34 Harley // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Happy we’re not paying him 70-80k per week. Glad the deal is off.

• 35 lesh // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Markaccus, see my post @ 25, nobody’s exempted so mind your language and a post with some decorum otherwise….

Lilongwe. Allo Allo French from Kinnear? Shit urp!

• 36 Santon03 // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Sorry I forgot to reply joeinthecheapseats and Lilo.

Joe
    but do you honestly want Bent as backup with 50k/week? or give Campbell or Vuckic more chances? If we sign Bent or 2 more strikers, we would probably never see those 2 youngsters next season. I hope we sign 1 striker but not Bent on 50k/week.

Lilo
    Amalfitano will be our goal scorer according bet365 then maybe that will explain why we haven’t signed anyone yet LOL

• 37 Toon73 // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM

We offered £2m for Bent???

What were we thinking???

• 38 Toon73 // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM

or he signs for us on the final day because no one else wants his ass???

• 39 Markaccus // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Tds

I agree the negativity is too much on here at times. It annoys me but like you i do not find it offensive.

There are people who imediately call others stupid and blind as soon as you disagree with them. They are still posting freely

There are people who troll others all the time. They are still posting freely.

There are people who have wished fatal cardiac problems on jfk. They are are still posting freely.

This stuff apparently is a problem on xbox gaming forums where a few people can gang up and get you banned even if you have not done anything.

• 40 IITianToon // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM

JAMSHA // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Markaccus

hahaha

Rainrix

gomis deal is done
    —————————

Whats your latest source??

Cant believe there aren’t other less-known forwards strikers in the market for 12-13m euros..

• 41 jesperfuglsang - captain of the lemon crew // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Not that I would want Bent who is past his best here either, but to be fair to Bent and his agent I am not impressed with Joke either ;-) lol

…honestly did anyone ever think this was going to pan out for Joke or NUFC. Joke as DoF is…well a Joke :-)

• 42 JackButler // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Seems strange to me that we go after one of Pardews choices of a striker with a derisory offer in terms of both transfer fee and wages and yet we offer £7 million for Gomis who has to be a Graham Carr choice who only has a year left on his contract…………….. ;)

• 43 nut meg // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Remember what Lambezee said “you have no idea how horrible we can be” Well,that’s what i’m seeing now! How to p##s a entire football nation off in one easy lesson.Expect nothing else but more embarrassment.I also have a gut feeling that our manager might be smirking at Joe making a arSe of himself.

• 44 JackButler // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Lilongwe

Kinnear talking to the Lyon President

• 45 jonny_rubber // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM

His agents not impressed with J.K.

why because he wouldnt offer £65k and no doubt a four year deal AND stump up £4m…..For a player who turns 30 in a few months !!!

So J.K wouldnt commit NUFC to total £17.5m investment for a 30 year old Bent – GOOD

If Fulham want to waste that much money great – they might get a decent year or two out of him – then they will be paying over £3m a year for a player who is 33/34 and WELL past it.

We have a budget – we stick to it – I couldnt really give a cr@p if ‘agents’ arent impressed

• 46 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Call me cynical
    But is the reason Kinnear was brought in to scupper deals

• 47 Santon03 // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM

regarding JFA, who did you argue with last? LOL

• 48 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Markaccus

I wonder if Ed is looking around for a more advanced template for this blog. It would be great if there were ways to filter and block based on personal choice, and you’re right, there’s a lot worse than JfA. Toon Avenger really gets on my nerves because anyone who disagrees with him is “not a true fan” and he follows that up with a barrage of insults. I’d like to block him as I have no interest in seeing his posts. I say block rather than ban because other people might want to see his posts.

I think it will calm down a bit when we sign someone, everyone is a bit on edge at the moment, but there will still be some idiots sadly…

• 49 lesh // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Apart from making a spectacle of himself, Kinnear’s also further cheapened the reputation of Newcastle United and, delivered a slap in the face of Pardew who wanted Bent. That is hardly a brilliant move when trying to establish good working relationships and he wouldn’t get past the door in an image-conscious company.

I’m sure we’d all be interested to know what Kinnear’s role actually is and more to the point, what Ashley’s playing at. I don’t believe he could be oblivious to Kinnear’s weaknesses at such a level of responsibility.

The man’s an oaf and should never have been allowed anywhere near Newcastle United the first time, let alone a second.

• 50 Toon73 // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM

So now the Remy, Gomis, and Bent deals are off, who we got to look at?

• 51 joeinthecheapseats // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Santon
    My argument would be Campbell looked nowhere near ready last season and should be loaned to a championship team.
    I do like Vukic having first saw him in a reserve game but he doesn’t have the pace to be a main forward in my opinion.
    I would take two be strikers and possibly three if it meant moving Shola on either for a small fee or free transfer.
    Bent is no doubt a third choice but if we mess about as we normally do we could miss out on Gomis and Remy in this window.

• 52 Toon73 // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I doubt it was a secret that JFK was going to offer £2m. I’m sure Percy was privy to that piece of info.

• 53 blew // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Amateurish, embarrassing and unprofessional is too good to describe the regime. I cant find superlatives
    at this time fitting enough for MA and Co.
    They have dragged the reputation of the club to the depths, JFK is the final piece in the jigsaw.

• 54 Bambams // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I hope I am wrong, but this signing of a striker is baffling and I am beginning to think we wont be signing anyone. Pards has already mentioned a number of times we are going to sign two strikers and even named them. ….. If Ashley wants rid of Pards what better way than to hang him out to dry and not sign anyone. Pards would probably walk if this happens.

I just cannot understand why or what is is going on at our club.

• 55 nut meg // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Charlie @ 46
    IMHO….yes

• 56 Markaccus // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Tds

Yes avenger is terrible for that. He is another who abuses, then plays the victim card when you defend your position. I would place a small bet that he is one of the complainers to ed.

• 57 check the toastie // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Bents shite and has no desire, his one goal is as much cash as possible, exactly the type of signing we dont want. Pleased Joe embarrassed himself.

We are currently a laughing stock mind you, we need a couple of decent players quickly to keep the existing squad on its toes.

• 58 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM

LR32,
    Keep an eye on John Fleck, if he is still there and playing. I’ve only seen him once, but he was the stand out player for him. He was linked with a move to England last summer, but think he stayed.

• 59 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Bambams

agreed 100%

not up to it…stingy …get out of the club get Rangers then lets get this over with….

• 60 JackButler // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Pardew target = Bent, derisory offer made

Carr target = Gomis, 7 million offered when he has 1 year left on his contract

Conspiracy theory anyone :D

• 61 Toon73 // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Due to JFK’s buffoonery, NUFC have dodged a bullet.

Bent just looking for a last pay day.

• 62 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Am I the only one who would have wanted to see Bent here?

Also, I agree, all those who argue with other posters should be banned…. :P

• 63 JackButler // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM

• 64 Santon03 // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM

joe

I don’t think in this world only those 3 strikers available. I don’t mind having Bent, but not with 50-65k/week as 3rd choice, he would probably earn more than our 1st or 2nd choice just to sit on the bench.
    Shola would be the ideal 3rd or 4th since he is happy to be benchwarmer and didn’t cost much.

• 65 check the toastie // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Therei s no excuse why we havent had Remy or Gomis signed by now. Its Debuchy all over again. Just pay the money man.

• 66 Szarka // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I heard Bent want 80.000 in wages. That way JFK is right, thats too much for a striker in the decline.
    Sorry to say but english players are too expensive and much more greedy, or ask for bigger wages, than foreign players.
    If we want english players, we must develop them in our Youth system.

• 67 Hatem's better than Messi // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I was hoping Gomis, Remy and Bent were smokescreens …
    That hope is fading.
    JFK really is totally useless.
    Our negotiating style and methods are crazy.
    We were never “in” for Bent if the figures quoted are correct. We just wasted his agents time.

• 68 Markaccus // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Ruddy.

Under certain circumstances then i would have taken bent…… if shola leaves (i actually prefer him to bent. Better the devil you know et.c) and if he was coming as a back up to cisse, goofy and remy (if we sign him) and finally, only if we cant get gomis or another similar through the door. In other words… he is better than no one :D

• 69 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Loads of fans don’t really want Bent, but there are people on here slagging off JFK for trying to get him for a bargain??? If he wants to join a small club like Fulham that have next to no chance of challenging the top 6, let him. If he wants to join one of the two clubs who realistically can, then he’ll take the hit on his basic wage and demand huge bonuses if he scores the goals.

100% behind this kind of approach.

• 70 derekm // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM

my take is that bent was always leverage against lyon mucking us about – the meeting between bents people and kinnear was set up last week, since then bghind the scenes the real targets of remy and gomis are pretty much now done deals so he basically held the meeting, gave ridiculous offers and sent them on their way. Not signing Bent is NUFC dodging a bullet – he is a totally spent force asking ludicrous money considering he could’nt get into villa’s team.

• 71 Kinners // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM

It might just be me but….dint the pards and cashley sit down and discuss the failings of last seasons performances and agree to learn from their mistakes. We were very short of fire power for all of last season (even when we had poacher Ba). We only signed one senior player who we rarely used in last summers transfer window, and so far we have signed none. I thought they were going to learn from last years mistakes. ah well…

• 72 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Markacus

Gomis is a different type of striker than Cisse, Goofy and Remy are the quick kind of off the shoulder strikers we want to compliment Cisse, but unless we sign wide players in order to play them up front then we won’t see them up front.

Bent is 10X the player Shola is, but the wages would be astronomical for a bench player.

• 73 Offkey // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM

TDSARF – MA doesn’t do goals bonuses I heard, the reason being…….. Oba Martins……..Apparently, MA didn’t like the fact he took his shots from all over the pitch

• 74 Our Toon // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I can see why some fans on here have a go at each other, we are passionate about our club and have strong opinions about what’s right and whats wrong. Financially we are in a strong position no question of that, come relegation (this season) all the balancing of books will mean nothing as we will make a loss.

TDS i like the different opinions ppl have on this blog, you do a fantastic job in being an Ashley advocator sometimes i feel you are Ashley’s PR man for blogs but bring an interesting insight into the toon

• 75 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:12 AM

TDS

Well it will be interesting to see where Fulham finish in the next few years, given that they themselves now have a shiny new billionaire owner.

They finished ahead of us last year, if they finish ahead of us this year I don’t think we have the right to slate anyone that chooses them over us, because the PL table would dictate that it would be Fulham, not us, realistically pushing up the table.

• 76 geordiemark // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM

JackButler

excellent choice on kinnearbasher allo allo

• 77 elan // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:31 AM

The club Is a joke. It’s embarrassing. If Ashley ain’t interested why don’t he sell. Answer to that is hes making far to much money off us mugs ( including myself ) turning up week after week spending money watching a team with an owner who ain’t interested. See how long Ashley keeps the club if only 15000 turned up each week

• 78 NoBigi // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Ed, I think you’re being pretty harsh on Joe on this one. Do you really think that he sets how much newcastle are willing to bid for a player? Also, ‘he’s struggled to get his hands round the job’… not sure about that either. I find it hard to believe that its down to joe that we havent got a striker yet. I for one have been surprised that we have bid as high as we have for Gomis and we seem more determined than Ive ever seen under MA to get a player in, esp with Lyon being like they are. Normally we bid low, get rejected and then buy them in a year/6 months time!

• 79 arctoa // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:46 AM

The problem here is that the tabloids see a lot of story mileage in Kinnear so they’re going to report on everything in a negative light – he’s a good narrative for selling papers.

Also, let’s not forget that it was the Telegraph that got banned from SJP by the current regime so to say they’re out for blood would be an understatement. They’ll be actively constructing stories like this for months – I mean, let’s look at it objectively. The man met with the player’s representatives but a deal was not met. That happens all the time! but, throw in a paper with a grudge and agents looking for sound-bites and you’ve got yourself a narrative.

• 80 GeordieDan // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM

This blogs’ gone downhill faster than NUFC lately.

Ed’s top class as always but the amount of morons getting on here just to have a go at other people, spout troll bollox and talk about anything but football is embarrassing!

We’ve lost Torq, Ibiza and loads of other top blog lads (not to mention JFA now getting the CIA/FBI/Interpol breathing down his neck) while we’ve inherited the likes of Joe Blog and Viv!

Pathetic little wind-up merchants who couldn’t punch their way out of a paper bag but have nowt better to do in their lives but talk constant crap on here!

I’ve said it before that unless these morons lose interest and sod off then this blog is done. If I want a fight I’d go tot the big market on a Friday night. If I want to talk football I won’t be doing it here for a while.

• 81 dillondog // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I can’t stand JFK but I honestly believe we have dodged a bullet with this deal, tough if bents agent are not impressed

• 82 runheed // Aug 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Hey, Joe I’m happy to give you my spare cash if it lifts ashley’s game a bit.

• 83 Girth // Aug 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I’m sorry like, but what a load.
    I’m not his biggest fan but I can’t help but think we’re making a pantomime villain out of Kinnear. (Not that he hasn’t done it himself)
    The club will have set the price, not Kinnear, he would have just voiced it, it didn’t match, they walked away, big wow. Surely this is part of negotiation?
    Who knows, they might not get the interest they want an in the end sell to us at that price, then who’s the mug?

• 84 Girth // Aug 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Plus, is it such a bad thing we (may have) missed out on Bent?
    Nope

• 85 NoBigi // Aug 1, 2013 at 11:26 AM

@ artoa – couldn’t agree more. Bents agents not happy because we won’t provide competition with fulham – give us a break! Thats not a news story…

• 86 toonluvva // Aug 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Just a couple of thoughts on this latest fiasco.

If Bent’s agents were unimpressed by JoKe, what will other agents think of him? Not a lot I expect.

Surely once this story gets circulated by the press, and of course it will, Mr Ashley will be looked at in a less than glowing light for appointing JoKe.

Time to put Joke on a “zero-time” contract so favoured by Mr Ashley

• 87 derekm // Aug 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I’m getting sick and tired of people believing what the London press say about Kinnear. The fact is he is the only one of our ex managers who accused them to their faces of a witch hunt against the club, and even called one of them to his face heaven forbid! There is no way we can know the actual truth about any meetings, offers, discussions etc until after a player has signed. The way the cockney hacks are going after Kinnear in a petty revenge plot is pathetic, I really hope he lands a couple of big name signings and gives them the finger.
    Bent’s agent is trying to hawk off a 29 year old has been for stupid money, you can just imagine him landing a shed load of demands on Kinnears desk and being taken aback when Joe told him to f off to reality land.

• 88 jonny_rubber // Aug 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM

would we all be happy if J.K had ‘impressed’ bents agents by offering £65k a week for the next four years?

then in 2 or 3 years time who would we blame for having a past it striker sat on £65k a week.

Since when is impressing the leeches that are football agents important to us fans?

Have we learned nothing?

• 89 Son Lyme // Aug 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I can understand you boys thinking the grass is greener regarding the French boys over Darren Bent – but you can’t knock Bent’s numbers. A goal every other game is top drawer. It is more top drawer when you consider the mediocre teams he has done it for.
    Scoring goals in the Premier League is not easy. Turning down someone who is proven – over time – could turn out to be a big mistake. Joke in Ear makes your club look bad.

• 90 magicbus // Aug 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Offering 2 mill is embarassing why bother meeting his agents total waste of everyones time. Let him go to Fulham because we are shit negotiaters with Joe in charge

• 91 mikeashleyisamackem // Aug 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM

we will start the season with sholla i have never ever set the world a light ameobi ,cisse ,huffy if i dont get my own way cisse ,goufron i will be lucky to get ya 10 goals a season and cambell the unproven
    utter shambles and what annoys me is all the tv money we get its going in ashleys pocket and stll 50000 geordies week in week out utter mugs the lot of us

• 92 mikeashleyisamackem // Aug 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM

well it will not be me if no ambition is shown in this window i will turn the tv over if newcastle is on and i have not renewed my season ticket ,no way while fat shits in charge

previous post: Newcastle’s New Home Strip Put On Puma Site