The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Midfielder Likely To Leave This Summer

9:50 am, Thursday, August 1st, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 31 Comments

Dan Gosling’s agent is David Hodgson, and his remit is to get Dan hooked up with a decent club this summer, since Gosling does not seem to have a future at Newcastle, even though he was outstanding in the middle of the park on Tuesday night at St. Mirren.

dan gosling at st mirren

Dan Gosling in action on Tuesday night – had a great game

While Newcastle are short of strikers, we seem to be well equipped in central midfield, and as well as Gosling we have Yohan Cabaye, Cheick Tiote, Moussa Sissoko and Vurnon Anita ahead of the Englishman, with young Haris Vuckic also able to play there.

The 23-year-old 3 times capped England U21 International didn’t sign on for Crystal Palace last week, but Dan showed his character by getting his first game of pre-season at St. Mirren and being Newcastle’s best player and he was unlucky not to score a couple of times.

There’s no doubt Dan is a good and talented young player and this is what David Hodgson told the Shields Gazette today and he mentioned Dan’s knee injury:

“He has got amazing box-to-box ability.” “Nobody at Newcastle United could get close to getting box to box like this kid can.” “He’s not a midfielder like a Cabaye who will spray the ball about.”

“There is always an opportunity somewhere in the future he could have some issue with his knee but that is normal.” “As far as we were concerned, everything was fine with the medical.”

“The surgeon was very impressed with the operation that had been carried out three or four years ago.” “Dan belongs to Newcastle United. This is a good kid. He is a good player.”

“He is a very good person and character. He trains very hard.” “He played in all the reserve games for Newcastle when he didn’t even have to.” “We all know the future is to try to find football at another club because he needs to be playing.”

“I now have to try to find the right glove for him to fit into.” “Dan is going to go where he feels he is wanted as a player.” “We all know he is not going to be figuring in the starting 11 at Newcastle.”

It seems that Crystal Palace may have hesitated on the deal, which is why he walked away after being in limbo for a couple of days following his medical, and perhaps there were some issues brought up with that medical?

But it still seems he has no future at Newcastle, but more sparkling performances like he put in on Tuesday night and Dan will soon get fixed up with a good club, and he should be playing in the Premier League.

Note: Reader Mark Harding has kindly set up a Fantasy Football League for the coming season for readers of this blog.
The code is 3178-173427, and you can sign up for it HERE.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Dan Gosling · Friendlies · Pre-Season

31 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Having one of Pawls excruciatingly long posts written on his back with a soldering iron is too good for Ashley.

• 2 JackButler // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM

A fit and on form Gosling would be a very useful squad player for us, but the lad has had an absolute nightmare three years with us and has not once been able to prove his worth in a Black and White shirt

• 3 Markaccus // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM

So. The eternal gobsh1te colin itk twitterbollox is saying credit to jfk for signing gomis and remy. Wtf is he on ffs

Jfa??? Is it really you? Have you returned from exile?

• 4 Jail for Ashley // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Quick disclaimer,
    I apologize for any offence caused to people who use soldering irons on a day to day basis.

• 5 JackButler // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM

JFA

Welcome back mate :D

• 6 Santon03 // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Damn JFA is back, I will write to Ed to block him again :P

• 7 Markaccus // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Jfa

I build power supplies for lasers. I am pretty much attached to a soldering iron

You offensive bstard, i am reporting you.

• 8 Scottiedog // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM

One more decent Pre-season game from Gosling and I can see him getting a new contract

• 9 WWYCD // Aug 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM

JfA
    Ur back already? I was just making my ‘Freedom for Jail for Ashley’ banner!

• 10 Jail for Ashley // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

A crazy situation where two people, or more importantly one person with multiple accounts can have somebody removed from the blog, what honestly would be the point of a blog if you could have differing opinions blocked out, it would be akin to a Soviet news broadcast.

• 11 Noah Another Ameobi // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

i hope he gets another chance at rangers
    krul
    debuchy colo mbiwa santon
    cabaye gosling
    HBA sissoko marveaux
    Cissé

• 12 yo-yo // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I like Gosling as a professional and hope his disrupted career from his injuries gets sorted and he gets a regular starting place. I reckon this will be high Championship level rather than EPL. He might be very good at SPL level – say a club like St Johnstone

• 13 Santon03 // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Should have banned JFA IP address :P

• 14 Klatoon // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Im reporting JFA for NOT offending me…, discrimination has no place on this blog!!! :)

• 15 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Breaking news…

JfA IS Ed! It’s all a bluff, double bluff scenario…

• 16 Markaccus // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM

WWYCD

Wow,that was an impressive campaign!

Your banner was so good it has come back in time from when you eventually finnished it and freed jfa!

• 17 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I still think that people should be able to block other people’s posts for their own personal feed, a bit like Facebook.

I’ve had enough of garbage like Toon Avenger’s posts and would rather not waste my time scrolling through his post and any replies to his utter drivel…

• 18 WWYCD // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Markaccus
    Haha does that mean I have to finish this banner now otherwise it’ll never be there in the future to affect the past and allow JfA to post on here again…I hate time paradoxes

• 19 Santon03 // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM

TDS

just don’t reply to Avenger, I saw you keep replying him last time.

• 20 Jail for Ashley // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM

TDsarf,
    Why don’t you make a list of your friends and invite them on to messenger, then you would be spared from my deeply offensive writings.

• 21 IITianToon // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I dont think Gosling has been played in his proper position, ever. I feel he is like the Lampard type.. ghosting in late in the box and scoring goals. He was played in his ideal position against St Mirren and looked great. Well yeah you would say St mirren big deal.. but he didn’t look good against even U21 opposition when played in a different position didnt he?

• 22 jayjo // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Guys , i dont usually quote on rumour but apparently there will be an announcement by the end of the week that NUFC will not do any business this transfer window , The team is sufficient to get through , Any deals will work on the pretence of getting into January’s transfer window so any low contracts will be accessed ….
    Part 2 of the gossip is MA is lining up a full sale of the club

• 23 Jail for Ashley // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Italian toon,
    Imo Goslings best position would be on Crystal Palaces bench.

• 24 Santon03 // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

JFA it’s IItian not Italian, you deserved to be banned LOL

• 25 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Santon

I replied a few times, then gave up and told him as much. I won’t bother again believe me…

• 26 jayjo // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM

MA will complete the buying of Glasgow Ranger FC , as they will be a premiership team in 2 years time with access to a bolt on champions league place …

• 27 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM

JfA

I’m guessing you missed my earlier post…

ToonDarnSarf // Aug 1, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Raj/JfA

Saw your comments on the other page. I think you’re completely off your rocker with some of your comments about MA to be honest and I don’t think that negativity helps the club whatsoever. I’d love to know what you genuinely expect MA to so and I will probably tell you why I actually think it’s unrealistic…

But…for the record, I’ve never complained about your comments on the blog. Yes, I’d like to have the ability to block people, like “viv” yesterday who just trolled the SBR article by slagging him and his achievements off, but I didn’t think about including you on that list.

Good luck.

• 28 IITianToon // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM

JFA, I dont disagree :) I wanted to say his best position is AMF, NOT that he is good enough to play there for us.. except against real tough opposition like St mirren. Mind you he scored against man city.. :P

• 29 JaxtheMag // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM

ashleys next trick will be to sell cabaye in last week of window,he is just stopping gosling and others cumin through. ha

• 30 corkypants85 // Aug 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Well what can i say? are we the only club in england not to add anyone to our squad?

On the DOF:- what good is it having a DOF that is an absolute 100% fossil and so far behind with current football he still thinks a 2 million offer is good enough to land an ageing england international. We could of got anyone from beardsley shearer anyone just to be a ambassador for the club who could sit down and advertise the club to potential new signings!

On our transfer window:- Its Crap

• 31 tjrowe89 // Aug 1, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I am one of the few who thinks gosling would be a good player if he got game time and in the hole behind striker, fact is he doesn’t get into the starting team week in week out only when rotating the squad I would like him to stay but if he will is another matter

previous post: Italian Club Moves In For Newcastles’ Top Young Target