QPR Block Loic Remy Loan Move To Newcastle


There is news coming in that QPR manager Harry Redknapp has said that Newcastle United target Loic Remy will not be loaned out by Queens Park Rangers for next season.

France/Malte- Espoirs - 05.09.2008 - Qualifications - Euro2009 -

Loic Remy – Newcastle will have to buy him

QPR manager Harry Redknapp has told the Independent there is now way he will be loaning out the French International for next season.

“I don’t think he will go on loan,” “I can’t see any sense in it. I don’t know why we’d pay £8M and then loan him out.”

“If he was to go, someone will have to pay for him. He has a buy-out clause, and we want our money back.”

It seems that QPR will only let Remy go on a permanent basis, but of course there is that small matter of his rape trial still to come up, and at the moment he is out on bail for the alleged offense.

This is at odds a little with QPR owner Tony Fernandes, who had said that two QPR players could go out on loan for next season, and we suppose that could still be consistent with what Harry says – if one of them isn’t Loic Remy.

The release clause in his contract is probably the £8M QPR paid for him and Newcastle agreed to pay for him in January, before he opted out of the Newcastle transfer at the very last moment.

But some reports are saying the release clause in his contract is £6.8M – and that’s interesting because that’s €8M – so there could be some confusion there.

This has put a bit of a spanner in the works for Newcastle’s pursuit of Remy, but of course there is no way Remy wants to play in England’s second tier next season – with the World Cup coming up next summer in Brazil, and he wants to make the French squad.

It’s risk we know because of his pending rape trial – but life’s a risk – and we think Newcastle should sign Remy up.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.

Note: Reader Mark Harding has kindly set up a Fantasy Football League for the coming season for readers of this blog.
The code is 3178-173427, and you can sign up for it HERE.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com



You can share this articleShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePin on PinterestDigg thisShare on LinkedInShare on RedditShare on Tumblr

439 comments so far

  • The Arizona Geordie Pizzicato

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:01 PM

    Comment #1

    Well, no news?

    0
  • ENNYOUEFFSEE

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:02 PM

    Comment #2

    Expected

    0
  • Goodfella

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:02 PM

    Comment #3

    Repost;

    Hopefully we get a signing in tomorrow and he can be unveiled in the new strip 🙂

    0
  • ENNYOUEFFSEE

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM

    Comment #4

    Goodfella I like an optimist.

    0
  • John Tudor

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM

    Comment #5

    the dole gets less signings than us

    0
  • ~Joke-innear~

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:05 PM

    Comment #6

    Oh how it sucks to be us. Even when we scrape the bottom of the barrel, we can’t get what we want…..

    How our club is being ruined… i’d prefer having a monkey as our DoF, would be far more productive then this useless turd currently at the club.

    0
  • lesh

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:05 PM

    Comment #7

    Tine to get Joe on the case?

    Oh, he was said to be at their ground the other day and probably made an offer and was then.escorted off the premises, into the care of his social worker!

    0
  • John Tudor

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:05 PM

    Comment #8

    more more

    0
  • toonarmydownsouth

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:05 PM

    Comment #9

    Ed man that Redknapp interview was at the start of the window wasn’t it?!?!

    0
  • Ben3arfa

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:06 PM

    Comment #10

    At this rate we wont be signing anyone this window

    Maybe when Kinnear’s grandchild inherits his role as DoF

    0
  • lesh

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:07 PM

    Comment #11

    Joke-innear, the monkey turned the job Joe got, down.

    0
  • Dannyo

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:07 PM

    Comment #12

    No no no no no no no.
    The interview is ooooold! From the start of July ffs.

    0
  • toonarmydownsouth

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM

    Comment #13

    Wouldn’t trust JFK to get a round in down the pub let alone a top CF

    0
  • Mac

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:09 PM

    Comment #14

    This is an old old interview. He was talking about Samba an Adel Taarbt when he said it

    0
  • John Tudor

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM

    Comment #15

    bad day @black n white rock

    0
  • Jarra

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM

    Comment #16

    I obviously have far too much time on my hands, so I read this blog around every two hours.
    Like many of you I am waiting for good news, in fact if truth be known praying for it.
    Some of you are braver than I and I understand your frustration as at this very time I do worry what next season will bring.
    I think we have a good set of players but lack the obvious striker, will he or they come in before the season starts, I honestly have no idea.
    If not I can only hope Mr Pardew tries a more positive approach and does not fall into the mould of trying to hang on to what we have got.
    Football for me is Newcastle United as for most of you I imagine.
    One thing for sure these next three weeks could be interesting and here are my simple predictions.
    1. No transfers in and see how we go.
    2. The strikers in and hopes again for a much improved season.
    3. Out of the blue he sells the club and has used all the off the field issues as a distraction, but sells during the last few days of the transfer window in a hope to see us struggle.
    Only one man knows which option he will take and even though he owns the club, I somehow do not think he bleeds it like we do. But then again does any owner.

    0
  • viv

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM

    Comment #17

    Harry hadn’t even been on his holiday when that interview was done.

    0
  • JackButler

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:13 PM

    Comment #18

    This was first said by ‘Arry when there were stories going around that Ceasar was going out on loan and Old ‘Arry also talked about the fact he didn’t want Remy going out on loan either.

    But with that rape case hanging over his head there’s little to no chance that nayone would be willing to buy him outright at this point in time

    0
  • Belfast

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:13 PM

    Comment #19

    It’s new.
    The last interview he done, he was talking about Cesar and Tarrabat. He didn’t mention anything about Remy

    0
  • low fell mag

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM

    Comment #20

    That contradicts what their chairman had to say a couple of days ago.
    Im sure he said he was letting a few players out on loan as he wants them back if Qpr are promoted next year

    0
  • tekkers2402

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM

    Comment #21

    Even if its a new interview, it’s Tony Fernandes’ call. If he wants to slash the wage bill by loaning players out (which he has said) then it’s not exactly old ‘Arry’s call is it.

    0
  • Goodfella

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM

    Comment #22

    Enn you eff see

    Lol it’s the only thing keeping me going at the minute 😉

    0
  • toon22

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM

    Comment #23

    Nobodys going to buy Remy outright,he is up for rape and could end up in prison.
    Which means they inted to keep him,which im sure Remy isnt going to go along with.
    If QPR insist on a sale only im happy for them to keep him.They are trying to force the sale as they dont want the risk of losing there money to prison.

    0
  • ENNYOUEFFSEE

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:16 PM

    Comment #24

    Why would QPR go out and sign another striker today if they are not willing to loan out Remy.

    0
  • Belfast

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:17 PM

    Comment #25

    Or maybe i’m wrong ? The championship starts on saturday like. So he’s probably had a press conference today.

    0
  • toon22

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:18 PM

    Comment #26

    We need a striker but we dont need a one which would drag our name through the mud(if thats possible anymore)

    0
  • Mister Tuff

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:20 PM

    Comment #27

    ed clearly does not read the blog – there is NO RAPE TRIAL. -but there might be if he is charged.
    Dirty Harry will want to keep Remy -obviously, but does Remy really want a chance atthe world cup. He will have to play in the PL to display his wares. It is now or never for Remy -next world cup he may be too old. If Remy says he wants to go I think QPR will accommodate him. Heard Dirty Harry say on loads of occasions that if players do not want to play for him/QPR they are no use to him. Lets just wait and see what transpires.

    0
  • ENNYOUEFFSEE

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:20 PM

    Comment #28

    Toon22 JFK is capable of doing that himself

    0
  • The Arizona Geordie Pizzicato

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:21 PM

    Comment #29

    viv, what is going on @ Benton?

    0
  • HullMag6

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:21 PM

    Comment #30

    Buy him anyway –

    worst case scenario: there’s a case to answer, court date set, bailed hands over passport, reports to a nominated police station before training everyday so he can train/play as much as possible then think about what ifs – if found guilty.

    Best case scenario – no case to answer – crack on mon ami

    And anything on between – is it worth the risk?
    Now I’d say yes a month or so ago I wouldn’t be sure.

    There may be someone with greater legal knowledge than me that might correct some of the above but thats where I think we’re at with this deal.

    0
  • Big Pappa Cissé

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:21 PM

    Comment #31

    It would be just or luck that we would sign Remy and as soon as the ink dry’s on the contract the police turn up at Benton and lock him up for 20 years 🙂

    0
  • JackButler

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM

    Comment #32

    No way that Remy stays at QPR going into a world cup year

    0
  • toon kk

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM

    Comment #33

    If MA ever sells the club he’ll probably leave a bronze statue of himself to haunt us.

    0
  • The Arizona Geordie Pizzicato

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM

    Comment #34

    Someone never learns… I have found this on wiki:

    “On the 1st of August 2013, It was confirmed on fellow Newcastle United player Moussa Sissoko Twitter account that he would be joining Newcastle. Yet to be confirmed by either club.”

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baf%C3%A9timbi_Gomis

    0
  • Mag.no

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM

    Comment #35

    I’m also starting to believe Newcastle is set up for a sale. Ashley spent money in january, and even he knows how close we are from a pretty good squad.
    A couple of pacey players upfront and we have a good attacking side, so why does he not do it?

    Ashley selling the club will happen, no doubt about it. If it’s now or a few years down the line i’m not sure, but there are signs that Ashley are starting to prepare for a imminent sale. I cross my fingers for a dedicated and ambitious buyer.

    0
  • HullMag6

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM

    Comment #36

    Not so cut and dried, it’s only an allegation, no case to answer yet.

    0
  • Big Pappa Cissé

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:28 PM

    Comment #37

    What is Pep Guardiola doing at Bayern ? . No strikers on the pitch and playing the best Right back in the world at centre mid field. Plus he has chosen to get rid of Mario Gomez and keep Mandzukic . What exactly were Bayern doing wrong like ? .

    0
  • ~Joke-innear~

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM

    Comment #38

    Why would MA appoint a new DoF if he was preparing for a sale? Its just more wages he has to pay out.

    0
  • toon kk

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM

    Comment #39

    Swansea kick off in 15 mins on itv4, it will show us what Bony and mit play like together.

    0
  • johnboy

    Aug 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM

    Comment #40

    This can’t be true because Colin said days ago that he was signed! And I believe every word he tweets *cough*

    0
1 2 3 11

You must log in to post a comment.