The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Goalkeeper Fit To Start At Rangers

10:24 am, Friday, August 2nd, 2013 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 37 Comments

Tim Krul will make his first appearance for Newcastle in this pre-season, when he will start the game at Ibrox next Tuesday night against Rangers.

NUFC Golaie strip

Tim Krul - in new home goalkeeper kit yesterday

Tim dislocated his shoulder is the shocking 3-0 defeat against Sunderland in April, and it’s been a hard road back for the 25 year-old Dutch Intentional.

He was interviewed today in the Newcastle Journal:

“I can’t wait to get back. I’ve had a three-month spell out and it’s been one of the hardest things I’ve done.” “I’ve been re-habbing really hard over the summer and I’ve been fully training with the lads since Monday.”

“I’m not quite 100% yet, but I’m really looking forward to returning at Rangers.” “It feels like it has been a long time and I can’t wait. It was a really bad way to end the season and to make it worse it was the third spell I’ve had out.”

“So now the focus is completely on making sure I have a 38-game season, just like the one I had the season before last.” “We are a better team than what happened last season.”

“We have to take one game at a time but it would be great to finish where we did two years ago.: “I don’t want to look too far ahead but we’re capable of that.” “Personally I’m looking forward to next season and I’m pleased that Rob did well when I was injured.”

“I’ve always had competition ever since I’ve been at Newcastle, and in my opinion it keeps you on your toes and really improves you as a player. I’m glad we’ve got lots of good goalkeepers at the club.”

Tim was schooled by both Shay Given and Steven Harper on how to work with your goalkeeper colleagues at the club – and Shay and Steve were friends and worked together for twelve years at Newcastle, and between them they made 661 first team appearances in the Newcastle goal.

Harper made 199 appearances and recently left Newcastle For Hull City, and Given made 462 appearances, and that’s second by only 34 games to the all-time Newcastle appearance record held by Jimmy Lawrence, who was also a goalkeeper.

Jimmy was a Scot who played for Newcastle between 1904 and 1921, and no, I never saw him play. :D

It will be good to see Tim in the Newcastle goal next Tuesday night in Glasgow.

Note: Reader Mark Harding has kindly set up a Fantasy Football League for the coming season for readers of this blog.
The code is 3178-173427, and you can sign up for it HERE.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Injuries · Interview · Newcastle News · Shay Given · Steve Harper · Tim Krul

37 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jail for Ashley // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I would just like to say thanks to those who e mailed Ed yesterday in support of my posts.

• 2 Rotonda heights // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Yo Yo

As I see it, re – Ash’s blueprint.

We have an excellent squad
    We have an excellent scout
    We belatedly now have an excellent fitness coach.

Where it all falls down is Ash’s appointments at managerial level where his lack of football knowledge has led him to this ” jobs for the boys” mentality which I’m sure he doesn’t apply to sports direct.

Anyone who was being well advised and itk would not have assembled Wise, Llambias, JFK, Pardew and topped it off with an ill fated association with Wonga.

It’s as if Ash bought a toy and is letting his friends come round and play with it because he’s got bored.

• 3 Markaccus // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Good news. This guy will be a superb keeper. Just needs to work on his distribution. Hes still very young for a keeper.

• 4 Bearsize // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Jfa
    Blog wouldnt be the same without ya bud lol

• 5 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Gomis
    heard it all before – but hopefully it is true and we can get him in for the Rangers game.

• 6 jeff // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:31 AM

At least u got this players name right ed

• 7 ~Joke-innear~ // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Thats Elliot, not krul.

• 8 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Count/Jeff
    Lets get this straight

Jeff, you came on spouting off about white supremacy, that’s racism

Count, you found it acceptable in your infinite knowledge to label cisse a racial term, that’s racism

Saying the picture looks like sissoko not yanga is not racist you fcuking narrow minded EDL loving inbreds

• 9 Yohan Kebab // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM

jfa what happened?

• 10 Jail for Ashley // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Rotonda,
    It is not flawed, , don’t you get it, with a manager who doesn’t kick up too much of a fuss he gets to stay (almost) in the PL with minimal investment, success is not a priority.

• 11 Yohan Kebab // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM

tads well said mate

• 12 Bearsize // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Jail banned from the blog is to good for ashley

• 13 Santon03 // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM

@7

Eliiot has different hair

Wait a minute, I’m racist because of the f@cking hair

• 14 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM

JFA
    Everyone had a right to completely unjustified lad especially when people like jeff can continue to post

• 15 Klatoon // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM

thats Alnwick :)

• 16 marc // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM

anyone see that bony scored 2 last night and looked a pretty good player feel we missed out there

• 17 Offkey // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM

JFA – Do you know if the person making vindictive complaints get banned? If not, its disappointing. Ed clearly has trouble monitoring the board and it is this behavior…as well as the racist etc. comments that will make Ed dump the comments section…….what will we all do then!!!!

• 18 Santon03 // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM

this is interesting, Niang is available after Milan CL qualification is over.
    CL qualification is before or after transfer window is closed? when is loan window is closed?

• 19 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Marc,
    He was playing against Malmo. Will reserve judgement until he does it regularly in the Prem. Having said that, he is definitely a step up on our new signings….

• 20 Ted Bundy // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Bet Ed’s wife gets tired of him having a right old moan about the children on here, running to him to ‘tell on’ others. :lol:

• 21 Santon03 // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

@Raffo last post

Even Pardew will have more pressure next season, it will mean good thing for us.

• 22 Rotonda heights // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Jail

I guess, but playing Russian roulette and finishing 16th
    with a poor manager and a buffoon of a DO.F every season is risky. Look at the 6 (yes 6) panic signings he made in Jan and Pardew still nearly blew it..

• 23 Jail for Ashley // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM

What a bizarre coincidence, jeff and plan a on at the same time !

• 24 richyg01 // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM

wow.

Tim Krul.

Like a new signing. Great to get him over the line.

• 25 marc // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM

@Lilongwe Geordie

he done his job regardless of who they played
    i know it’s only pre season for us but we should be smashing the teams we’ve played and i fear the worst for our season

• 26 Santon03 // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I’m off, be back when count has had his milk and gone to bed

• 27 count // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM

53count // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM

TADS it’s “you’re”. Thought you would know that being a wannabe sports journalist.

It is so blatantly obviously M’biwa.

This is embarrassing

54count // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Santon, are you serious? Is this satire?

55count // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Tads you may not use “racial terms” but you seem to have a problem telling our darker skinned players apart.

• 28 count // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM

TADS.

You are racist.

When I used the word I used I was being satirical. I was satiring people like you.

Can’t you see you are spouting ad hominem attacks? You are making yourself look more and more stupid.

• 29 WWYCD // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM

This racism card is getting a bit over the top. People who clearly have limited understanding of the issues it cause throwing it round like its a joke

Sad reflection on some who use this blog

• 30 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Count
    Ah reet, it’s ok to be racist if you’re only joking
    Glad you cleared that up

Now maybe you can explain how I’m racist for everyone
    Please I’m dying to hear your theory here lad

• 31 count // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Santon. The man who tells our darker skinned players apart by their hairstyle.

Tads. Just give up. Saying something over and over again doesn’t make it true.

• 32 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Marc,
    We lost virtually every friendly we played in the pre season we came fifth, in games where we should have been beating the opposition. Wouldn’t take too much heed of the games so far.

Not that I’m feeling confident, we need bodies in and in soon, but the pre season results aren’t a bench mark.

• 33 LooneyToon41 // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Peace and Harmony on the blog again i see!
    We are on the same side you know?….. ya, whatever!

Coventry gone into liquidation.

• 34 count // Aug 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Holy poo. You are so thick Mr Latimer.

• 35 Ted Bundy // Aug 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM

This blog has become a joke and not a very funny one.

Jeff/Viv/Plana/Count – everyone knows about them

Ruddy and his gross hypocrisy – I see he logged in solely to call Pawl a ‘cretin’, last night. Not that he was taking the opportunity to get on his high horse a few weeks ago, about someone’s use of the word ‘mongoloid’.

Another day, another argument that will ruin the blog for the majority of it, lurching from one spat to the next.

• 36 daztoon // Aug 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Count give it a rest tads has hasn’t made any racist remarks lets stick to talking football

• 37 marc // Aug 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM

they may not be a bench mark but im not bassing it on anything other than we are playing crap football

previous post: No Way This Top Striker Will Leave Newcastle