The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle’s Top Youngsters In Action Last Night

9:46 am, Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 by Ed Harrison · 40 Comments

18 year-old Adam Campbell scored both Newcastle’s goals, one in either half last night, to give a Newcastle eleven a 2-1 win at Gateshead, in what was a very close game.

newcastle side at gateshead

Newcastle eleven in action at Gateshead last night

Campbell showed his enormous promise with two opportunist goals, and the North Shields lad is rumored to be on his way out on loan, and that would be almost certain if Newcastle can get Gomis and Remy though the door this season.

A number of Scottish clubs have already said they would be more than willing to take Adam on loan, and that’s hardly surprising.

Gateshead played well last night, and looked to be heading towards a draw when former Newcastle junior Marcus Maddison equalized after 75 minutes, but just 7 minutes later Campbell scored his second and what turned out to be the winner.

Another reason Gateshead were limited to just one goal, was an outstanding performance from 20 year-old third string goalkeeper Jak Alnwick.

Newcastle played some of their top youngsters last night, including Remie Streete, Curtis Good, Conor Newton, Haris Vuckic and Campbell, and Dan Gosling, who was Man of the Match last Tuesday at St. Mirren got a good 68 minute run-out.

Romain Amalfitano played the first half, but we expect the young Frenchman to return to the French League this summer, since he hasn’t managed to make any headway on Tyneside.

Teams:

Gateshead (4-4-2): Adam Bartlett; Craig Baxter, Ben Clark, Carl Magnay (Liam Hatch 86), Luke O’Brien; Rob Ramshaw (Jamie Chandler 57), Josh Walker, Phil Turnbull, Micky Cummins (Marcus Maddison 57); Adam Boyes, James Brown (James Marwood 57)
Subs not used: Jordan Nixon

Newcastle United XI (4-2-3-1): Jak Alnwick (Jonathan Mitchell 71); Jamie Sterry, Remie Streete, Lubo Satka, Curtis Good; Conor Newton, Dan Gosling (Olivier Kemen 68); Roland Aarons (Steven Logan 46), Haris Vuckic, Romain Amalfitano (Jonathyn Quinn 46); Adam Campbell
Subs not used: Jamie Sterry, Macauley Booth, Lewis Aird, Liam Smith, Tom Heardman

Note: Reader Mark Harding has kindly set up a Fantasy Football League for the coming season for readers of this blog.
The code is 3178-173427, and you can sign up for it HERE.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

Tags: Friendlies · Newcastle Academy · Newcastle News · Newcastle U21 · Newcastle Youth · Pre-Season

40 responses so far ↓

• 1 colwell // Aug 3, 2013 at 9:49 AM

ToonDanno

Na your not that bad (Cwarr07)lol,

Cwarr07 is an absolute be11end, he is on twitter the guy has us linked to everyone the papers do then says they have signed everytime. He is funny to follow as he gets 1 in a thousand right and becomes billy big balls.

• 2 SeanNufc87 // Aug 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM

REPOST

Colwel

I believe it was a few posters n if I remember right, one was jfa or ruddy.

As far as danno is concerned, I don’t believe OR dismiss anything he says, I take it as it is, a little bit of info that might come off, I just don’t jump on his back for writing a comment on a blog. N fyi he’s been right a few times.

Hatems better than messi

That’s a bit hypocritical don’t you think? Telling me what to post? Especially as I’m not telling anyone to do anything unless your referring to me telling people to respect each other’s views? In which case your beef is with ED not me fella.

• 3 ToonDanno // Aug 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Colwell- oh I see. I don’t have twitter So can’t really comment

• 4 SeanNufc87 // Aug 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Colwell

I agree with you on cwarrp and I can’t stand Lee Ryder either

• 5 JFK junior // Aug 3, 2013 at 9:54 AM

And I don’t think danno is as bad as everybody suggests on here and the grief he gets at times is unnecessary.

He’s no torq, but they both offer info from different areas. Danno having close links to NUFC, and Torq having close links to most clubs in France and several in Germany and other places in Europe.

Keep it coming danno

• 6 Jail for Ashley // Aug 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Sean,
    That’s out of order, you’re clearly not sure who but have thrown my name into the mix, get your facts right !!!

• 7 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Ted
    Oh in that case

No need to throw the term spastic around either
    Seriously lad back to the mackem blog and take your other personas with ya

• 8 johnboy // Aug 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Ted

Not sure if this is correct but look under the income tax section, it seems to suggest that incomes of over $1280000 are taxed at 75%.
    I may be wrong though as I’ve just quickly looked at this. If I am wrong though I’m sure you will insult me.

Regards

• 9 JackButler // Aug 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Anyone know if the Gomis deal is any closer to being finalised or are we gonna lose out to OM?

• 10 ted // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Tads

It still hasn’t passed, dipshit and if you were well read in current affairs and intelligent enough to comprehend, you’d know it never will! So give up sunshine, you already made a monumental prat of yourself yesterday!

• 11 JFK junior // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Ted pulling out the spastic card!

What a tool….back to Wearside for you! Idiot!

• 12 ted // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Johnboy

Again – wrong! I love how you all scuttle off to try and find some rag or excerpt from quackopedia, to cite!

• 13 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Mostly an absolute top bunch of people on here with a range of opinions. Still, would be great to have an easier way to get rid of some of the idiots. I think some of them have become skilled in hiding their trollness in a relatively normal comment to begin with…drawing in a few regular posters and turning the blog into a slugfest before people realise what has happened. I think they get off on it.

• 14 ted // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I’ll use the word spastic all I like. At least I’m no hypocrite like Ruddy, flip-flopping between morals, to suit his argument; one week tearing strips off someone for using the word mongoloid, the next calling somebody a cretin, without any of his pals calling him up on it! One rule for the love-in crowd, another for the rest!

• 15 jackostoon // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM

sorry for the repost lads but it takes me that long to type with the one finger that it goes to the next topic before i manage to submit.
    Jail for Ashley,
    with you on that one bonnylad, i think the way the blog is at the minute, compared to yesteryear, makes people all that more suspicious of new posters, even auld ones like me, the apology was nice and has been accepted, thank you

• 16 JackButler // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM

ted

Using the word ‘spastic’ to try and force your point……very mature of you

• 17 SeanNufc87 // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Jfa

i apologise mate, i wasnt here for the torq outing and remember someone saying you and ruddy or rotunda were having a go at him, was merely passing on information, if it was wrong i can only apologise.

• 18 JackButler // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM

So according to reports Lyon are now expecting us to pay the 5% sell on fee to Gomis old club………..getting to the point where we need to walk away from this one

• 19 johnboy // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Ted

No insult?

I’m disappointed

• 20 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Ted/viv/plana/bill/bob/jeff

There’s I’d absolutely no proof to back your claims it won’t happen, they are trying to negotiate it down but the will put the higher tax bracket in place

As for making a prat, there’s only one person doing that, well one person with multiple accounts

It’s sad and pathetic trolling like you do really

• 21 Jail for Ashley // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I think somebody just wants to be loved but not the way he’s used to.

• 22 ToonDarnSarf // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Why don’t a few people just complain about ted and have him kicked off? Or will he just come back under another name…

• 23 colwell // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM

JB

I can’t see the deal happening, the goal posts getting moved every time. MA will no doubt pull the plug.

• 24 Toon1978 // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I think people should lay off the nasty comments and concentrate on the football. This blog is for anyone who wishes to comment on all things Nufc not a place for cliques. Some need to accept others opinion whether they are trolls or not. If we all agreed then what would be the point of this blog?

• 25 JFK junior // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Ted – If you don’t this place. Leave.

If not, I suggest you steer clear of the prejudicial comments and stick to Football.

There is no ‘love in crowd’, just decent posters who know how to behave.

People like you and all your aliases bring this blog down.

• 26 ted // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:13 AM

tads

If you followed political commentary, waaay above you and your Mr Men books, I know, you’d know it hasn’t got a NUFC in a cup competitions chance of being passed. So button it! Haven’t you got some windows to be licking?

• 27 JackButler // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM

colwell

If the latest story of us having to pay the 5% sell on fee is true then Lyon are seriously taking the p**s. We’ve already paid over the odd’s for the lad as it is

• 28 Spuggy // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM

If we get Remy AND Gomis we could be in for some season I think.

Gomis hold up play is ideal foil for Cisse, with remy off the wing.

Lethal.

• 29 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM

JB
    Really? That’s ridiculous his sell on clause has absolutely nout to do with us

Ted
    Probably because cretin, unlike mongoloid or spastic isn’t implying some one has mental disabilities

• 30 ted // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM

TDS

You’d like that wouldn’t you? Do you have nazi insignia wallpaper and goose-step around your house!?

• 31 toonfan76 // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM

To be fair lads there is nothing concrete about either of our supposed deals, just news reports, and we all know that they are wrong most of the time where NUFC are concerned. Time will tell!

• 32 JackButler // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Lyon are claiming that the deal is being held up because of the amount of commission Gomis agents want, but the Gomis camp are saying it’s because Lyon are refusing to pay the 5% sell on fee to AS Saint-Etienne. and are waiting to see if Newcastle are prepared to pay it

• 33 kt97toonarmy // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Repost

Morning lads

I’m pleased with getting remy and Gomis so the team will b like this

————krul—————-
    Debuchy—mbiwa—colo—santon
    Ben arfa—-cabaye—-sissoko—remy
    ————-gomis——-cisse———
    Subs
    Elliott/zoet(if we sign him)
    Saylor
    Willo
    Haidara
    Anita
    Tiote
    Shola/ new player

Overall I think this is a good team but we need another striker nd then it will b a strong force next season. Hopefully push for Europe where we belong!

• 34 Toon73 // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Keep it coming ToonDanno much appreciated!

• 35 ted // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Tads

Again, wrong! Go find the origin if the word. Again, pure ignorance! I’ve known spastics more switched on than you! I did them wrong by calling you one.

• 36 croftus5678 // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM

i personally cant see mars throwing a spanner in the works as it seems gomis had a few mates at toon and has 95% of things wrapped up..so i’ll look forward to seeing him play for us this season tbh and the fact that we have hugely overpayed for him tbh with him in the last year of his contract we have paid 8mil +1.6m could be in add ons.
    think he is a 10mil striker but not in the last year of his contract when his team want rid also.

remy seems interesting though as apparently we have agreed a 1.6mil loan with option to buy next season ! (i had my bet on signing only 1 player and it being a striker and that remy’s 75k pw would mean he would def not come to us so i’m hoping that report is true)

• 37 ted // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Tads

So now I hope you give Ruddy what for, now you’ve been put straight, I doubt it though, probably just continue to rim him!

• 38 Krul To Be Kind // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Ted

That is disgraceful talk! You are proving to be a very ill-mannered little boy!

This blog has no place for it!

Guys – please ignore and move on, this little boy just isn’t worth it, he is ruining my Saturday morning blog voyeurism with his name calling, I didn’t want to post this morning, just a wee read, but those kind of insults are childish and uncalled for!

• 39 toonarmydownsouth // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Ted
    Cretin
    A word associated to people whose lack of intelligence, manners/etiquette, appreciation, moral fibre and glaring social ineptitude, which in turn allows upstanding, educated, decent, moral, intelligent, socially respectful and hard working people to perceive them as “degenerates” (owing to their inherent and blatantly obvious flaws).

In no way implying a handicap but some how seems to describe yourself perfectly

As you seem determined to drag another fight on over numerous posts just don’t bother replying and vanish

• 40 ted // Aug 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM

tads

Go look at the origin if the word, used to describe people that have salt deficiency syndrome, not the diluted random online dictionary, definition. Quit trying to defend your ignorance, or are you one of these that can’t accept they’re wrong? No wonder you’re dumb, if you just stick your fingers in your ears and yell! Make sure your mum remembers to give you your spork on a necklace, if you go out with your cater today!

previous post: Five New Frenchmen Now Part Of The Newcastle Family