Kinnear Says Remy Deal Close – We Still Want Bent – Gomis Signing Difficult

There are some reports that Loic Remy is not too keen to come to Newcastle this summer, but according to our guy doing the deals – Joe Kinnear – we are close to signing Remy.

joe kinnear 1234

Joe Kinnear says the Loic Remy deal is close

Joe was asked by Sky Sports if Newcastle were close to signing Remy, and this is what he said:

“Yes I think very much so, I would like to think we are very, very close to agreeing that.” “I would think maybe Monday or Tuesday we will be a position to say yea or nay, but I am very happy about how that deal is going at the moment.”

And Joe has even said that Newcastle are still hopeful of signing Darren Bent, even though the news stories on Thursday morning were that Newcastle had offered only £2M for the England International and the deal was dead, leaving Fulham as the only club left interested in the 29 year-old.

Not according to Joe Kinnear who said this to Sky Sports today:

“We were with Darren’s agent for two or three hours, we thrashed out a deal.” “We are still in negotiations with Aston Villa so there is a really strong possibility there.”

“Again I hear the latest is that somebody else has all of a sudden shown interest in the player so we have competition from various clubs around the country, but I am not letting go.”

“These are players that me and Alan [Pardew] have spoken about. These are players that we’ve all agreed at the club are the type of player we want to bring to Newcastle.”

And finally, what did Joe have to say about the potential Bafe Gomis deal with Lyon, and Joe had this to say:

“The Gomis deal was agreed on numerous occasions, but it’s a very difficult situation because there’s always extra add-ons, extra things, another problem.”

It’s good to hear that we may be close to a deal on Remy, and that we are still after Bent, but we’d prefer our transfer business to be done in a more private way with more stealth, and the first thing we hear is when the player is actually signed, sealed and delivered.

It’s also hard to be successful in the transfer market, when you give your competitors updates on where you stand in the negotiations for a player – that;s exactly what they want to know.

We need to keep quiet about who we are after from now on – well at least next time around.

Comments welcome, but please be civil and respectful to other readers.

Note: Reader Mark Harding has kindly set up a Fantasy Football League for the coming season for readers of this blog.
The code is 3178-173427, and you can sign up for it HERE.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and +1 us on Google+:

You can also reach Ed at admin@nufcblog.com

• ~Joke-innear~

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:33 PM

why is this man still employed?

• Tyldesley Toon

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Joe shhhh stop telling the world where we are up to with negotiations. No other team in the PL does that

• firebug666

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Kinnear out = Players in.

• WWYCD

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Markaccus
    I am disappointed in u mate

Cisse will not go to Lyon money’s not there for him and no one spends 35 mill on a keeper specially not Arsenal haha

I am gonna accept uve heard this lark but I would be utterly stunned if it had any truth behind it

• toon22

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:38 PM

• Tyldesley Toon

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM

We don’t want him out, he’s head and shoulders above the other DOFs out there.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Why the hell are we still after Bent when no one else has seriously gone in for him? No way would he be a Carr recommendation.

I think the only way we could get a multi billionaire owner is if someone fronted for them pretending to be a much humbler and more modest organisation because as soon as Ash smells a seriously rich owner, ie like the Mansoors the asking price triples.

• joeinthecheapseats

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Rotunda
    If you listen to JFK!s interview it is clear the third striker is for the bench and to cover injuries which is what Bent will be used for.
    I would take him over Shola anytime and as much as Campbell N Vukic maybe good players in years to come they aren’t upto it yet and should be loaned out for the season.
    The interview was quite good and also mentioned another area were we will strengthen once the strikers are in.

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM

WWYCD

Like i said mate, could easily be bollox.

My immediate reaction was scepticism, and i have major doubts over it still. However, if there is any truth in it, You read it here first and i am an ITK. At which point i will take myself outside and shoot myself in the face 😀

• firebug666

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Kinnear sitting watching the cricket while working on his excuses for losing Remy to Spurs, Gomis to Marseilles, and Bent to Fulham. He says we are working hard on these deals. mmmmm Looks like it, out at the cricket with his mate.

• geordie1892

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Actually not a bad interview but ultimately he will be judged by the signings he makes.

• JackButler

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Krul for 35 million hmmmmm

Markaccus I think someone is trying to wind you up mate

• Pip

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Take this as you will but it is totally true. Last night I was drinking outside the Diamond in Ponteland at about 7:30 when Demba Ba and a shortish guy who was driving pulled up at the Traffic lights. When they turned green they headed off towards Darras Hall. I have no idea if he still has a house in the area or maybe he was just visiting some of his ex team mates but he has been in the North East this weekend.

He was in a BMW with a French registration plate personalised “Ba”

• geordie1892

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Trouble is because he made such an fool of himself in his first few days he has made his job so much harder and lost all credibility (not that he had much).

• clinath@ed

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Mark….ITK? More like HGC ( haven’t gotta clue) or TUB (talking utter bollox)…lol.????

• niafron

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Bonsoir messieurs.

Could someone explain to me how work a fantasy football league?

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Jack

The lad who told me is a good mate, so i doubt he is trying to wind me up, however, it entirely possible someone was trying to wind him up. He isn’t daft though, so i do think his informant was at least convincing enough to sell it.

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Clinath

Very probably 😀
    On the other hand i am also a CCL (couldnt care less) and DGAF. (Dont give a F***)!!

• JackButler

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Best equalises for Blackburn 1 – 1 with Derby.

Real good goal as well

• geordie1892

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:53 PM

niafron – http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

Basically you pick your team and are awarded points for performance eg. goals, assists that type of thing

• Noah Another Ameobi

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:54 PM

i think this team could push for top 8
    —————————krul————————
    Debuchy——Colo—— Mbiwa— Santon
    —————Sissoko—— Cabaye————
    —————————Hba————————
    Remy————— Cisse ————Gouffran

in a 443 with sissoko and cabaye in cm which means one can go forward and the other stay back, Hba in a number 10 role would be great as he likes to drift inside then with 3 strikers up front we would get about 30 goals a season

• geordie157

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Great finish by Leon Best.

• djm...

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM

What a goal Leon best! Should have never let that lad go! He could have fought for a place in the reserves with shola and xisco last season.

• clinath@ed

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Yep, I think I could be a DGAF at this moment in time…

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:57 PM

It is best to be a DGAF where nufc are concerned, otherwise you would go mental!

• JackButler

Aug 4, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Markaccus

I could see Ashley asking for 35 million for both Cisse and Krul

• Big Pappa Cissé

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Nice finish Besty

• check the toastie

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I liked Besty, amazing really how Parsnip always dropped him for Shola as soon as he came back from injury, Besty and Ba were pretty good and Suited Parsnips Hoofball tactics.

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Jack

That would make more sense. Say 25 for cisse and 10 for krull. Im sure if there is any truth at all in any of it then something will come out before long.

• niafron

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM

@geordie 1892

So basically,this is about the individuals performances of the choosen players each week?

• Big Pappa Cissé

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM

@ check

I agree. Ba & Best were the combo we used early on in the 5th place season and it worked pretty well.

I just don’t see why so many managers stick with Shola ? . He is a nice guy and I have met him before but he has never been a great footballer. Plus for a Premier league footballer to be fatigued within 20 minutes is disgraceful.

I have heard managers say he is brilliant in training, maybe I will have to pop down to Benton one day and see what all the fuss is about 🙂

• JackButler

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Anyone else find it strange that Kinnear only talked about Cisse and a few youngsters at the club who we can use as a striker?

Maybe he just forgot about Shola or maybe Shola is not in his thinking and is on his way out

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I liked Best but was at the Villa game when he got injured for Cisse to come on although nobody voiced it, you could sense the crowd being pleased with his going off.

• mauritius island

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Fantasy Football League for the coming season
    The code is
    630599-153227

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Reading Ed’s previous post I take it somebody must have complained about the resident troll, why do I sense our newest arrival “pip” might be on the wind up.

• Markaccus

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Jack

Or he is a blithering oaf who doesnt know anything about the club at all 😀

• WWYCD

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Markaacus
    Just can’t see it being true mate specially not with the teams mentioned sounds like a load of 1+1=15 stuff to me

• plana

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Joe has gone up in my estimation. He didn’t dodge any questions and he is addressing the right areas of the pitch.

• count

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:16 PM

We should never have let Best go. I thought he was a classy player. Will never understand why we sold him.

Can’t believe people think that other teams scour the media to try to find out which players other teams are after in the hope of finding how much has been bid for them and stepping in at the last minute. It is just a ridiculous concept. The amount of utter sh!te they would have to sift through would be soul destroying. Much like having to sift through some of the bizarre perceptions on here.
    Please people, try to get back in touch with reality.

It is agents that are responsible for where a player goes. Not rumours in the media. If someone is snatched from our grasp at the last minute it is because their agent has been in contact with lots of clubs. Not because a manager heard joe Kinnear on talksport or somesuch talking about who he hoped to sign.
    Cloud cuckoo land.

I know I said I would post once a day, but with such bizarre concepts being thrust in my eyes, I am fit to burst.

• JackButler

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Markaccus

Been thinking about it and I’ve come to the conclusion that Shola Ameobi is simply too hard for him to say, so he’s decided to not even attempt to pronounce it in public for fear of making a fool of himself (again)

1 2 3 8